Human resource (Searching for job)

Post and discuss creative ideas

Re: Human resource (Searching for job)

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:04 am

x3Darkie Wrote:Just for clarity, I understand that audience analysis is a very real thing and I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm also not telling you to not use audience analysis to your own advantage and that you'd have to follow my suggestions to the letter. I'm just saying maybe take a different approach to stuff. I still firmly believe that a successful project starts with making something you'd first want to play. But yeah, my two cents.

I am huge on breaking new ground, especially in what I consider worn-out designs (like the way world of warcraft has been copy/edited into so many games). My point is that you have to understand the audience's expectations of the project before you can even begin to design it. Building what you want to play, like writing what you want to read, will only get you so far.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Re: Human resource (Searching for job)

Postby evildumdum » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:01 am

Both correct as far as i am concerned, but by far the most important thing when making a game is keeping yourself motivated. Due to the huge amount of work that goes into even the simplest game, you must make sure it interests you or you won't have a game to show the audience.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Previous

Return to Discussion