Sakyubasu no Tatakai II: General Questions

Post and discuss creative ideas

Sakyubasu no Tatakai II: General Questions

Postby Riplead » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:11 am

First, does the first scene listed in the Summons page get unlocked after beating the game. I read on the locked thread that the Eva x Brig scene unlocks from beating the game too, so do both of them get unlocked after beating the game? On that same topic, are there are scenes which unlock after unlocking all of the others?

Next, what does Corruption do? Does it buff HP and DMG as it increases level? Also, how do you increase Corruption besides tavern missions? Does it rise with each battle you win, or can it only be affected through missions?

Third: any tips for the Photovol fight?

Lastly, is it worth equipping the level 2 and 3 items you buy from the store? I've been using only the level 1 items since I saw someone suggest it, the advice being that having all 2-mana units lets you flood the field and ultimately make the game easier.

Second lastly: any tips for preferred race/class assignments?

Last lastly, do you get anything from winning the Shavee mission besides the scene?
Riplead

Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai II: General Questions

Postby Riplead » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:15 am

Beezy's power is the worst. Most of the time, it leaves enemies alive. I've never had it leave two of mine alive, yet it routinely leaves two enemies. Is this a bug?
Riplead

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:56 pm

I feel like you should probably ask in the main thread, or better yet, run a search function through there THEN ask if you don't get the answer.

But yeah, I haven't played Sakyu 2 since a very early stage in its development, do you mean to tell me that GP hasn't YET added explanations for your own powers?

Look around at least the newgrounds version, I feel like there must be something in there that explains the powers, maybe a mouseover menu or something?

If not, well ....

R. I. P.
Lucky777

Postby Riplead » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:05 am

I ran a search of things before posting them. Also the main thread has been locked.
Riplead

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:13 am

Lucky777 Wrote:I feel like you should probably ask in the main thread, or better yet, run a search function through there THEN ask if you don't get the answer.

But yeah, I haven't played Sakyu 2 since a very early stage in its development, do you mean to tell me that GP hasn't YET added explanations for your own powers?

Look around at least the newgrounds version, I feel like there must be something in there that explains the powers, maybe a mouseover menu or something?

If not, well ....

R. I. P.

If you mouse over the special it tells you what it does; I added that a long time ago! :p
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:01 am

Glad to hear : D

And as to the main thread being locked ... OOPS.

PRETTY SOLID REASON FOR POSTING IN ANOTHER THREAD, PLEASE CARRY ON.
Lucky777

Postby Riplead » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:50 am

Ugh... maxed out everything, and somehow The Eye got harder. Honestly, it feels like the RNG changed after I made changes. I used to have a system where I'd send a tank in first with protect, then a scout with +3 attack power, then fighter with +3 attack power. I'd put the +AP on the tank and scout. Ideally, the first two enemies would both be fighters; that way I'd be to move both the scout and tank to top and bottom and do 18 damage with the scout and 9 damage with the tank. From there, I'd count on the next enemy (usually tank or scout) to attack my tank since it has more HP.

Yet now I hardly ever get that scout as one of my first four cards, and the first enemies which get picked are healers or casters. I haven't seen the double fighter (which used to be the most common one I'd see) today at all. Also, a lot of times the RNG doesn't feel all that R. It's gotten to the point where, given a few certain configurations, I can pretty accurately predict the next enemy and rune.

Oh well. Maybe things will be better tomorrow. If they're not, I just don't have the energy for this game anymore :\
Riplead

Postby perseus525 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Oook, so. I've been playing this game for a few days now and I think I'm qualified to answer a few of your questions Riplead.

1) I have no diea about your first few questions, since I have yet to beat the final batle
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

IT'S A BITCH
. But I can say that a few H-scenes are ulocked via events/specific misisons.

2) As I'm sure you noticed by now, yes, corruption gives HP and attack damage bonuses. You can corrupt units by either missions or battling .Not sure which is faster, but curruption points change depending on your results in each mission so I feal it's a bit unrealible time wise.

3) If you still don't have Photovol then I have 3 tips for you.

a) Bring as many peolpe as you can. b) You're not obligated to recruit her ASAP, you can progress with the story and find more male units, then go back and get her (same for runes). c) use Photovol's ability After the enemy activates his/theirs. Worked for me, hope it works for you, or whoever else reads this thread.

4) Using higher level equipment will depend on your strategy. I personnaly have found out it synergizes pretty well with my battle plans (tank out until the enemy runs out of units). And found the harder levels juuuuust a liiiiiitle bit easier, but not too noticeable.

5) I ran some numbers on the base stats of each race, and found out that they work in pairs (except for bovos). What I mean is that their stats are the same for each pair. Gorger=Ilossa, Drones=Phasmos, and Mechiza=Esurian, finnally Bovos have almost the same stats as Esurians, except that they have 1 more base attack point.
Based on what I just said, the best race will depend on your stretegy and the skills you want to use (since skills are different for males and females). I personally have an army of hereos and filled in with only Bovos since they have the highest HP and hit a bit harder than the other tanky races. NOTE: as far as I've gotten, I can only "recruit" Bovos at "The eye", I'll give ya tips on that at the end.

6) I don't think you get anything other than the H-scene for that particualr mission, as hard as it was (for me aleast). But I like the idea of having to work hard for the rewards.

7) About the RNG. You're totally right. As far as I can tell the order of your own squad affects both, their "drawing rate" and the order of the enemy units. I've noticed that specific enemies always show up to counter specific moves I make. Therefore IF you have the time and energy for it, you may want to record what happens in a notebook or something (I didn't, but I think it would have been smart to have done).

8) As a final tip.

Although the enemy units may seem infinite, they're not. Both the times I've completed "The eye" it was becasue I just sat tight and waited until the enemy ran out of units to spawn (of course I had to kill them as quickly and effectively as I could). This is where the higher level equipment was worth the extra mana cost. It's bonus HP helped me survive the endles thunderstorms I recived. And the extra damage, along with Pecunia' skill, allowed me to always be a few kills ahead of the enemy. Eventually, she ran out of troops and I still had like 5 cards in reserve. As a side note, she has the same amount of units as you do and will ALWAYS try to spawn two 4 mana point units and one 2 mana point unit. She rarely goes for more units than that (in my case at least)

9) Recruiting Bovos

As I mentioned before, I've only found "recruitable" Bovos at "The eye" but recruiting them is a bit hard if you try to rush the battle. If you sit tight and wait it out you can capture 3 Bovos per Pecunia skill (4 if you're lucky based on spawns) and since my strategy is a loooooong battle, you'l get to use Pecunia's ability at least twice, for a minium of 6 Bovos per victory.
Last edited by perseus525 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perseus525
Newly Registered

Postby Riplead » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Ah, thank you so much for that information! I got Photovol, and she's great in combat! Also, I've yet to try The Eye again, but now that I know that enemies are finite, I'll adjust my strategy accordingly.
Riplead

Postby Riplead » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:52 am

Jealous Rage left three enemies alive this time. That's it; I give up.

*edit*
And not too long after making this post, I beat The Eye. .___.
Riplead

Postby perseus525 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:53 am

Good luck with the final battle. I havent tried it again yet XD.

On a side note, since you seem to still e having trouble with how that skill works, here goes an explanation.

Jealous rage kills the same amount of eneies as allies, ALWAYS, so if you have 0 allies on the field, you kill 0 enemies. I personnally HATE the skill and try NOT to use it
perseus525
Newly Registered

Postby Ikognitox » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Hey there, really enjoyed the game so far, but got a question/noticed something strange:

How does Corruption and Chanting work with items?

So for example, I have a Cohort Succubi Mechiza (without item), who gets +2/+4 ATK/DEF through corruption score, but -1/-2 is listed in the item-column.
Is this just a weird way to code it (because it would still make sense as the increase is still linear, but half as fast).

If I now equip a Wizards Fetish (+4/+2), I get +3/+0, which is consistent. But if I equip a Glass Cannon (+3/+4), I get +2/+0 where it should be +2/+2.

Now, I have 10 guys chanting for purple, which apparently provide the 2 points who get subtracted by this, I tested it some more and came to the following data:
(always item/chant/corr. without base)

Mechiza, Corruption Level 3 without Items:
-1/0/2=1
-2/0/4=2

Mechiza, Corruption Level 3 with yellow 2 (1/4) (20 chants)
-1/1/2=3
0/2/4=6

Mechiza, Corruption Level 3 with yellow 4 (2/4)
1/0/2=3
2/0/4=6

Mechiza, Corruption Level 3 with yellow special (2/6)
0/1/2=3
2/2/4=8

Phasmos, Corruption Level 0 without items
0/0/0=0
0/0/0=0

Phasmos, Corruption Level 0 with yellow 2 (1/4)
0/1/0=1
2/2/0=4

Phasmos, Corruption Level 0 with yellow 4 (2/4)
2/0/0=2
4/0/0=4

Phasmos, Corruption Level 0 with yellow special (2/6)
1/1/0=2
4/2/0=6

And similar with purple (where I had only 10 chanters), and so on...

So TL;DR:
Corruption is weird (because it is consistent, but applied by basically -1/0/+2 per level)
Chanting is useless

And the question would be: Is this all intended, or is it a bug? :P

PS: Great game either way :)
Ikognitox
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:29 pm

Ikognitox Wrote:And the question would be: Is this all intended, or is it a bug? :P

PS: Great game either way :)

I am pretty sure it is just a display bug on the gui that I never got around to fixing. If you take the unit into combat, it should have full bonuses from both corruption, equipment and chanting
GoRepeat

Postby H-D » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:51 am

I have a question myself might like the one answered about stats. Wondering if this is a bug, as I have tried this with my current game and a new one to make sure I wasn't just doing something wrong, so maybe you can explain it to me.

Take the Gorger with has a base 2/4 (damage/health), though when you add gear take for example Iron Scale which has +1/+10 (damage/health) but the Gorger Stonewall only has 2/10 stat rating, why? It does the same for others also, its like the full bonuses are not given. Using the Drone base 3/2 and Iron Scale (+1/+10) the health even cut shorter as the Vanguard base becomes 3/6. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
H-D
Newly Registered

Postby H-D » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Now I'm really at a loss on the stats, as it seems like the gear bonuses have changed on 2 different games I started. Is that something that should happen or does something effect them that I might be doing in one and not in the other? Example is the Iron Scale in the above post, then in 2 others I got +1/+8 (damage/health) and +0/+6

Though I have another question, as I was trying to just strengthen my army by using just The Hive level to build corruption, and notice that my Gorger army had negative numbers under the gear slots. How does that happen? I was only battling the level, didn't do any missions, and was sending units to chant. I had a Gorger (no gear used) with -1/-2 in the gear slot, is this another bug? Was just trying to figure this out, before I waste a ton of time trying to beat the game if it just holds you back. I did have one game with maxed chant in all classes but was unable to get passed Twilight Gate no matter what units I used, and noticed they had negative stats also. Any help or explanation on this would be very great.

Thanks
H-D
Newly Registered

Postby 4komakuma » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:48 pm

This has probably already been addressed somewhere, but why is it that the dialogue in the 4 star scenes no longer shows up except for the last line said during ones involving Eva's sisters? Is it just me experiencing this? I'm really sorry if this has been addressed at some point, but I remember it being there in the older builds and couldn't find anything about why it isn't currently in the game.

The game is still one of the best and legitimately fun games I've played in a while, I've just been really wondering about this small detail.

Thanks
4komakuma
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:03 am

4komakuma Wrote:This has probably already been addressed somewhere, but why is it that the dialogue in the 4 star scenes no longer shows up except for the last line said during ones involving Eva's sisters? Is it just me experiencing this? I'm really sorry if this has been addressed at some point, but I remember it being there in the older builds and couldn't find anything about why it isn't currently in the game.

The game is still one of the best and legitimately fun games I've played in a while, I've just been really wondering about this small detail.

Thanks

I took the dialogue out before the final release; I didn't like the way it was so I dumped it
GoRepeat

Postby 4komakuma » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:39 am

GoRepeat Wrote:
4komakuma Wrote:This has probably already been addressed somewhere, but why is it that the dialogue in the 4 star scenes no longer shows up except for the last line said during ones involving Eva's sisters? Is it just me experiencing this? I'm really sorry if this has been addressed at some point, but I remember it being there in the older builds and couldn't find anything about why it isn't currently in the game.

Thanks

I took the dialogue out before the final release; I didn't like the way it was so I dumped it

Ah, well that explains it. I never got the chance to see all of them before the final release, so the curiosity towards what they could be was killing me, but thats how it goes down sometimes. The desire to know will still needle at me but I'll live.

Thanks for the reply, I can't wait to see what comes next.
4komakuma
Newly Registered

Return to Discussion