Dungeons of Rondo

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Dungeons of Rondo

Postby Mark3000 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:55 am

db8da4d-94a99add-45c7-42ea-971a-f48b2460a5ac.jpg

The Fantastique was located in a unique place in Metrotopia. The entrance was in a little back alley with only a few lamp posts showing the way. If you were to walk to the east, you would end up on Bark Street. A sea of suits walking about handling sums of money most people could only dream. Walk to the west and you’d arrive at the Scarlet Strip, Metrotopia’s entertainment hub. Many a man and woman have burned the night away in one of the Strip’s many clubs.

This is where you all find yourselves. Bar is rather spacious, with smooth jazz playing in the background. At midday, Fantastique is rather quiet except for it’s eight current guests. All of them had been caught up in the strange occurrences around Metrotopia. But instead of being fodder for the looming dark forces, they transformed and managed to survive with their new found power. It was with the help of the Fantastique’s owners, Marisa and Miranda that they were able to return home. Once they returned, the two barkeeps explained to them what had happened. Miranda’s home, Rondo had been plagued by the sudden appearance of large structures called Aegis Towers. These structures drain the land of its vitality, all the while attracting and empowering monster to them in order to protect them. These towers continue to gather power until they reach critical mass and implode, forming an Abyss. An Abyss acts as a portal calling forth demonic beings who wreak untold having. But these towers and Abyss also draw energy from other worlds, including our hero’s home Metrotopia. Sometimes, the towers only disrupt the flow of energy in their world, causing storms, earthquakes and other anomalies. But the more powerful towers and abyss can pull living creatures to the other side. If an abyss were to reach its final form, demons would flood into their world and bring the people to their knees.

Marisa had given the eight a choice. Either to wait for that to happen or to assist Miranda in toppling the Aegis Towers and Closing the Abyss in the World of Rondo. It has been a week since, and you’ve all found yourself back at the Fantastique. Wiping the counter top, Marisa looks up at you as she crosses her arms. “So have you given thought to what I asked you before?” She asked before turning to all of them. “If you’re in, I’ll send you over to the other side. Miranda will point you in the direction of your first targets. Though if you still need some convincing, pull up a seat and I’ll get you a drink."
Mark3000

Re: Dungeons of Rondo

Postby exalted » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:27 am

"Now listen up you sophisticated screwheads," Ashley snapped, waving the barrels of her alchemical boomstick around, "If even one of you even thinks about touching me..."

Ashley knew she was bluffing, she'd used up the last shells for the Boomstick back in the forest, hell, she was fairly sure that smoking hot siren Marisa knew she was bluffing... but Ashley was sure that she didn't know that she knew that she was bluffing... it was complicated...

It had been a hell of week, after everything that had happened in the forest with her boyfriend... well ex-boyfriend... well ex-boyfriend come severed head in vice... well ex-boyfriend come sawed in half severed head in a vice.... it was complicated...

She'd finally escaped the forest and was heading home when she saw the tavern, her throat was parched so why shouldn't she have stopped for an ale and warm to the two comely tavern wenches of the dangers in the woods... she was being heroic is what.... at no point in time had she agreed to any of this... this... weird techno mumbo jumbo doodaddery... okay so maybe Marisa had said something, but Ash had been 5 tankards deep at that point, it was a completely irresponsible time for Marisa to drop something heavy like other worlds and realities on her...

"Now listen Missy, you're going to send me back..." Ashley started to threaten when Marisa said as much, "Well, okay... alrighty then... if you're offering"

She took a stool at the bar counter, her saw hand clattering on the counter top, trying to stop herself from glaring at the strange alchemical lights that hung from the ceiling and what magic made them work.

"I'll take two whiskies for the road,"
exalted

Postby MiscChaos » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:56 am

A week. A week Genevieve has had to think over what happened to her and what should happen next. A week since she found herself in a completely different form with powers she couldn't have imagined with a month of Sundays. A week of chainsmoking so heavily she smelled of cigarettes no matter what she did, of trying to explain to her superiors just why she disappeared for the short period of time needed to find her way home from that freaky alternate realm, of both trying to convince herself it didn't happen and contemplate the consequences if it did. That was more than enough time for the brief resolution she had made when she arrived the first time to solidify itself: whatever was happening in this fucked up shithole of a world, she wanted in. A ready excuse to hurt as many creatures as she wants with no remorse and get praised for it? It was like someone read her (nonexistent) diary and crafted this scenario out of her dreams! She can't hurt and/or maim the people she really wants to, but if she imagines their faces on top of the monsters she slaughters? Well, that's close enough for her. If it spills over onto actual people, she looks radically different in Rondo than she does in real life. Unless she's dumb enough to give out her name, there's no fucking way they could track her back to her powerless form to deal retribution! Well, no one except the 9 people in this room. So it'd probably be in her best interest not to piss any of them off. Especially the fucking crazy woman waving around a goddamn chainsaw arm. The one claiming Marisa had better send her back to Metrotopia when they're still in the fucking realm. The one who did so despite Marisa sending them home a week ago and giving them the option to come back of their own free will. She really doesn't think Marisa should risk giving her a damn drop. The bitch is unstable enough without alcohol in her system.

"I'm in. Just point me at the cancer and I'll cut it out of the patient." She takes a moment to resist facepalming. Has she been a doctor so long that it's even infected her sense of humor? Besides that, she's no oncologist (that's her father) so she wouldn't be cutting the cancer out of anything! If she was going to use medical humor, it should have been something like 'The demons seem to be a clot in the heart of the world. Point me to them and I'll remove it so it can beat strong again.' Ah well, no sense fretting about it now. Just time to prepare herself to do a lot of hurting and enjoying it. That, she can do.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Firehead » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:47 am

Emily didn't need any convincing at all. This was exactly what she had run away from home to do, but she wasn't going to turn down a free drink, but she did have one odd request. "I've been waiting for this for most of my life, so I don't need any convincing, but I could still go for a parting drink. No ice, please." When she had her drink, she put her hand over it trying to focus on her new powers. She quickly flicked her wrist out forming an ice rune, but she tried to keep it very weak, so it would only chill the drink rather than freeze it solid and probably burst the glass. She'd tried various such experiments with her powers during the week, some more successful than others, but it was too exciting not to try and do everything she could think of when you had magic at your beck and call.

After running from home, she had stumbled upon some sort of shambling pile of vines which she had only avoided being caught by thanks to her new hosts. Certain her parents would have grounded her a whole year if she came back home sporting magical powers, she had convinced them to put her up for the week in exchange for simple chores around the place like cleaning up and helping to track inventory. It really made her feel more adult having to work for her accommodations, and it was very kind of them to take her in especially considering some of her failed experiments, but she was getting anxious while waiting for the chance to have the adventure she'd dreamed of for the better part of a decade. "Thanks again for putting up with me like this. I'm ready to go out there and start kicking monster butt." She threw up her other fist and pumped it in excitement.

If her drink survived her rune, she'd lift it up and down the whole thing in one swig. She was an adventurer now, and it seemed the appropriate way to take your drink before setting off. If it didn't survive, she'd get up with a huff to grab the cleaning supplies to fix the mess she had made.
Firehead

Postby Littlemankitten » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:59 am

Savina really thought a week takes a long ass time to pass when you've discovered there is a entire new realm out there full of who knows what waiting to be explored. Though, according to these barkeepers, that who knows what was horrible abominations waiting to wreak havoc upon any unfortunate soul they discover. And a offering that she never expected to receive in anything but her wildest of dreams and most fantastical of books. A offering to save the land, both lands apparently, from a certain demise. It was a classic 'you are our only hope to save the world' point that she's seen many times in the movies. Well, there are quite a few others, but still. She was part of a small group of chosen people... As if they were all chosen by Osais themself to save the world from certain demonic doom. Though, she failed to see how the crazy chick with a chainsaw for a hand fell into Osais's plan. Assuming Osais had a plan, assuming they were real. Though with all of this happening her usual skeptic nature was starting to be questioned. Though as the insane lady with the chainsaw hand kept rambling about sending her back despite them being in Metrotopia in the first place, she wondered if maybe it'd be OK for her to try and shut that woman up for good somehow, even if she wasn't armed currently... She's been a lot more coarse ever since that day a week ago too. She's normally quite shy and friendly to be around, not wanting to hurt anyone or anything, but now she's... Not that. The personality shift was noticed by everyone closeish to her. Thankfully her clothes and weapon weren't there, they only appeared in the other realm. Though she still hoped the personality wasn't a permanent thing...

"Yea, I'm in. Are we sure she's one of the chosen people though?" She says and motions to the girl with the chainsaw arm. She then sighs and swishes around her glass of water, watching the water whirlpool in the glass. She Wondered if this really was a good idea. Well, regardless, she already committed by saying she was in. Yet with companions like that, and her own unfamiliarity with her own self now; was she really going to be able to pull all of this off? It was a hell of a task after all, saving the world. Two even. Well, at least this should be a damn sight more entertaining than religious academy. She hoped anyway, perhaps she'd be relegated to guard duty despite what the owners were saying, that'd certainly be something. Promised to be the hero than stationed in some nowhere village. Unlikely given what she looked like in that other realm. Her thoughts were running wild though, formulating all sorts of scenarios for the path ahead.
Last edited by Littlemankitten on Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby Lorielle » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:52 am

Marianne had a hard time seeing through her blurred vision and unkept hair. It’s been a week since that wonderfully exhausting trip through fairy land. For the bartender at a swanky strip club it just meant more drinking on the job than usual. The things she saw and some how managed to kill, all the while looking like one of the girls you’d find up on at the stage at her club had her a bit on the fritz.
“L-look I’ll do it.. mostly because I was thinking about quitting my job anyway and I have nothing to do..” Mari says with a pout as her face reddens up from the alcohol in her system. “But fuck it seemed sort of fun too!” She says as she slams down her empty rocks glass.

Her new.. err companions? Seemed like an interesting sort to say the least. All of them seemed maybe a bit deranged. Especially the one with the whirly wheel of death and the one with the literal chainsaw hand. But she wasn’t keen on voicing her opinion out loud so instead decided to keep to it to herself for the time being as she lifts up her glass. “Before we go.. can.. can I get a Shirley temple? And a few extra cherries.. I’m sort of starving.” She says before standing up in an attempt to tidy herself up, pulling in her shirt a little before remembering that it probably won’t matter when they’re all on the other side and they look like they came out of a fantasy renaissance fair.
Lorielle

Postby Blue56 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:01 am

Waiting a week to return to Fantastique had been agonizing for Vivi. For most people, getting sucked into another dimension and being forced to fight demons to escape would be a low point of their life, let alone their week, but for Vivi this was exactly the sort of thing she had been hoping would happen. Well, maybe not EXACTLY the sort of thing, but she had summoned a pair of freaking ghost skeletons to fight for her! How cool is that?! And she was supposed to just go back to pretending to be scared of abandoned warehouses and random basements after that? It wasn't easy and even her production crew had noticed her performance take a dive as a result. So now Vivi was bored out of her mind AND her only good gig was at risk if this kept up. She had actually gone back to the place where she had been first sucked into Rondo a couple times, just in case she could get back there, but alas, she was stuck in regular old Metrotopia.

Until now anyway. "Hey Mari~ How about a strawberry daiquiri?" Vivi addresses the bartender with a friendly smile and a wave as she pulled up a seat in front of her. Vivi didn't need any convincing obviously, but she rarely got a chance to drink, so why not take a freebie when it's offered? "So, about this Rondo thing... Any chance I could sneak a camera man through with me? Or at least just a camera. Your girl's got a hit show to make after all~" She asks, taking a look around the rather nice interior of Fantastique. Vivi had hoped there'd be a little bit of Rondo in here, but the only thing out of place was the deranged woman with a chainsaw for an arm. Not a skeleton ghost in sight sadly. "Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll still go either way. Some supernatural experience is better than none after all, and I'd rather Metrotopia stay in tact if possible." She clarifies quickly, realizing that it probably sounded bad if it seemed like she was only in it for herself. But Vivi wanted to have some kind of proof so she could talk about Rondo without people thinking she was crazy. If nothing else, hopefully she'd have some crazy experiences over there that would really inspire her out of this funk she's been in lately.
Blue56

Postby mrblah » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:56 am

It'd been seven days since she'd been made privy to the knowledge of multiple worlds. Seven days since she'd been warned of an impending apocalypse and granted the power to stop it, if she were to try. Seven days since she and her sister had already come to their decision in agreement. Seven days since they decided to use their newfound powers to fight back the darkness and save the worlds like the heroes of fantasy. Aurelia likely loved the romantic idea. Argenta had a different opinion.

Regardless, they ultimately found themselves in The Fantastique, a bar in a back alley in the Scarlet Strip. It was an odd place Argenta hadn't known much of before (despite her work in the area) run by a suspicious woman by the name of Miranda. Currently, the Yarwick sisters were two of eight among a cast suspiciously consisting of solely females who all looked just about as normal as your everyday citizen... well, except for the horror movie monster with a chainsaw for a hand. Argenta immediately eyed the woman the same way one would a psychopathic bald serial killer while considering ways she could deal with the creature in case the worst case scenario happened. It shouldn't be too difficult to escape considering their position relative to the exit and the positions of the other women in the room. While that thing is busy with them, she could easily grab Aurelia and book it for the door.

But that's not necessary right now. More importantly, she had to listen to the others for their reactions. Assuming everything goes well and they're transported to this other world, these women around her would be her allies... she doesn't yet know how useful they'll be. The short-haired and excited brunette seemed naive like her sister, so she'll almost definitely be a burden in some regard, then there's the woman in the trench coat who seemed pragmatic and serious so she'd likely be a worthwhile companion. Argenta would continue logging information and making mental profiles of her 'allies' as best she could from her position in the back of the bar. None of her opinions were particularly positive for most of them so far... but time will tell. Perhaps they'll prove to have more powerful abilities than she does, or ones that would further compliment her and her sister's combo.

Anyway, it was best they replied. Argenta would glance to her sister silently in prompting. The pink-haired woman felt no need to speak with her younger sibling around to do the unnecessary talking.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:43 pm

When Argenta had told Aurelia that it had already been an entire week, she was somewhat surprised. Days usually came and went rather quickly for Aurelia, due to her busy life style. She spent so much time studying, working, and going out with friends that she never really kept track outside of checking her schedule for what she's supposed to do next. this isn't to say she wasn't excited, she had always dreamed of saving the world, so the moment she was informed that she actually had this opportunity, she had already decided that she was going back to Rondo to do not only that, but to find her parents. Argenta may not have seen it the same way, but that's fine, they were going to save the world together all the same, by going to a world with much like the fantasies drawn by her favorite books. The idea made her smile, despite the serious topic... though good always triumphed over evil, anyway, so it wasn't like they were in any real danger.

Aurelia's thoughts get interrupted, bringing her attention back to the, actually rather nice, bar they were in with Marisa and Miranda, where she and the others that she actually forgot were present, were being asked once again if they'd like to go back to Rondo. Aurelia couldn't help looking Marisa up and down again, thinking to herself how pretty the woman was, and wondering if maybe she'd like to hang out with her sometime, she looked like she needed the fun, due to her serious demeanor and uptight sort of appearance. She had to snap herself back to the situation at hand once again, when the woman added that if they weren't sure, she could get them a drink and try to convince them again. That was fine, Aurelia didn't need any convincing, and she was more than ready to start her adventure to save the world.

"I'm ready to go! Let's go save the world." she says, smiling triumphantly. Regardless of whether the others went with her, good always triumphs over evil, so she didn't necessarily NEED them, but the more people around her, the more comfortable she was. It takes more than two people to party, and Aurelia was most definitely the partying type. It was at that moment that Aurelia realized that before an adventure, someone needed to lift the spirits of everyone else, to help them believe in themselves, and to assure them that good always triumphed over evil, and that this situation wouldn't be any different. Aurelia quickly stepped up onto one of the tables and whistled to get everyone's attention. "Here we are, standing at the doorway to oblivion, with the creatures of darkness, death, and destruction breathing down our necks, waiting for us to give in, give up, or conclude that it's too much work, or too difficult for us to save the world. Some people dream success, but we're going to go out there and work hard at it. Nothing is impossible, we're going to get to the point where anyone else would quit, and we're not going to stop there. We can do this. People like me, I'm tired of starting over, so I'm just going to stop giving up. I don't know what your lives are like, but I don't need to know just to tell you that if we believe in ourselves, and believe in each other, we can just do it, we can make our dreams come true. Not just our dream to save the world, but all of our other dreams as well. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe a week from now, regardless of when, we're cancelling the apocalypse, together!" she said, thrusting her fist in the air triumphantly.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby mrblah » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 pm

... A strong sense of sisterly disapproval struck Argenta. She should've done the talking after all... Argenta silently apologized to those in the bar for not stopping this when she had the chance, and apologized to Marisa because her sister is getting her shoes on the nice tables. "Please just get down from there, Aurelia..." Sigh.
Last edited by mrblah on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrblah

Postby Mark3000 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:31 am

“I’m all for rousing speeches” Marisa said as she started to tap the table Aurelia was standing on. “But could you do it while you’re on the ground. I have other customers you know” She said, wiping the counter vigorously while giving the two sisters a dismissive stare. Even as Argenta tried to apologize for her sister’s rambunctious nature. Though she did let out a small chuckle at Genevieve's attempt at humor.

Marisa prepared drinks for all of her guests, except Ashley who she expected had already had her fair share. For those who made a request without specifying what, the violet haired barkeep seemed to have a second sense about what they desired to drink and brought them an item to match their taste.

As Emily drew an ice rune, no ice formed. In truth over the week of experimentation, she hadn’t been able to use any of her powers. It seemed as though she could only call upon her powers while in the other world. Seeing her futile attempts at making ice, Marisa dropped a few ice cubes into her drink. “Sorry girl, no magic on this realm” she said with a dry expression as she looked to Vivi. “Just as you can’t bring items from the other world here. You can’t bring items here to the other world. First to avoid cross pollination between the two worlds. Second, the portal acts as a natural filter. So unless you want to lose your expensive equipment.

To Savina, Marisa merely gave a nod. “Well less ‘chosen’ then ‘recruited’. That’s why I gave everyone an out. This is a dangerous mission” She said before turning to the rest of the party. “But if you’re all willing to go then”. Before finished, The barkeep walked to a door behind the bar stand and drew a pattern on the front. “And before you ask I’m not doing magic, the door is.” Marisa as she finished the inscription and tapped the door three times. The frame glowed as it expanded into an arc and took on a marble white colour. “Here is the Fantastique on Rondo’s side. Miranda should be their waiting for you as well as a few other adventurers. Some from the other side, others from here.” Marisa Said as she let the eight of you pass.

______

LoHI00Soqn30nKu3-DMxt6UKJQgZIZorMDYCQx-upag.jpg

Once you are through, you find yourselves transformed into your other selves equipped with your weapons and gear. Rondo’s Fantastique is still as rustic as you remember it.

“You’ve returned!” A gentle voice said from not to far away. It was Miranda, holding two plates of food, setting them on a table for two hungry adventurers. “ I’ll admit, I wasn’t sure if you would come back after what you’ve gone through but I’m glad you’ve all decided to aid us.” She said giving you all a polite bow. Compared to Marisa, Miranda radiated a completely different energy.

“We’ve received aid from all around the kingdom to aid with dealing with the Aegis towers and multiple Abyss spots that have been appearing.” Miranda said as she lead your group through the bar. There seemed to be a board with various sheets attached. Some looked to be detailing the location of various Towers and Abyss spots. While others were wanted posters for various monsters and other beasts. “That’s the mission board. If a tower is spotted or a monster is causing the locals a fair bit of trouble, they’ll get listed up here. If you want to take on a mission just grab the bill from the board and present it to me. Along with running the bar, I double as the Adventurer’s Guildmaster. So dispatch and reward distribution are on me” She said with a proud smile.

As you pass the board you hear the sizzle of a hot pan on a burning stove. A burly man with a white chef’s hat and jacket was working away on something that smelled great. “Looks like Leonard has caught your nose. He’s a renowned chef that moved to this bar because of the ingredients adventurers then to gather from their expeditions. Talk you him and he’ll cook you an amazing meal before you head out.”

Leading you outside the Fantastique, you are greeted by a string of merchants as varied as the wares they provided. “As I said, people have gathered from around Rondo to lend us their aid … for a price. Ronda is our resident Apothecary. If you need potions or the like she’s the one to go to. Alexander is the closest thing to a blacksmith we have here. He’ll tune up your weapons and armor or sell you something new he cooked up. Salem is .. interesting. But so are their trinkets. their charms are famous for their beauty. Finally there's Fiora. A survivalist and jack-of-all-trades. She has a wealth of knowledge regarding adventuring and she’s always looking for a chance to pass on her skills to others.”

As you finish your tour, you all hear a bell from inside the bar. “Looks like I have business to attend to. I’ll leave you all to explore a bit more. Let me know if you’re ready for a mission.” Miranda said before bowing and rushing back to the bar. In the bar itself, a few individuals stand out. First, there was an orange haired warrior with a modest set of armor. She was currently reading though what looked like a rather old tome. Next, there was a white haired woman with a strange set of shoulder armor and a set of kunai. She had a whetstone beside her that she was using to sharpen her weapons. Eating loudly right beside her was a muscular woman with her battleaxe resting close by her. The final woman of note was sitting away in the corner sipping on a cup of tea. She stared out the window looking out in the distance.

Mission Board:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Old Abalone

An old coastal fishing village with a humble market … once. A Tower appears on a small island south of the mainland. Before the townspeople could respond, they were overrun by fish men. Those who weren’t killed in the initial attack were captured either to use as labour or sex slaves. Now the streets run rampant with these sea-faring monstrosities. Their taint travels further inland as the tower grows to critical mass.

Forest of Nightmares

It happened so suddenly that it was hard not to notice the change in the Nocturn Forest. The people of the neighboring logging village could scarcely believe how fast the forest grew. At its center was a tower clad in creeping vines. Then the reports started to come in. They were slow at first, reports of strange monsters creeping into and out of the forest. But the forest began to expand, consuming the small village in a few days. Any and all who were trapped in its path were never heard from again, lost in a dreamless sleep as their life force was drained from them.

The College of Scholars

The Rondo College of Scholars was once housed the most renowned collection of researched the world had ever seen. Their areas of expertise ranged from history, to archeology to magical study. It was these inquisitive minds that first thought to study the emergence of these dark towers. It was during one of these experiments that one of the studied towers reached critical mass. The explosion took out part of the main campus building and in it’s place was left an Abyss.

It’s corruption spread rapidly affecting all those close to it. The scholars unable to escape were either enslaved by the dark creatures the rose from the abyss or driven to madness. In place of the destroyed building, a large cathedral rose in it’s place. Right now the expanse of the Abyss’s dark energy. But the strength of the monsters surrounding it has made it all but impossible to close.

Bounties:

Titania:
Reward: 3000 G
Wanted for: Specifically targeting Adventurers and trapping them in the forest.
Bounty from: Miranda

High Scholar Alberto
Reward: 6000G
Wanted for: Consorting with Dark Forces leading to the expansion of the Abyss at said location.
Bounty from: The Court Intelligencia
Last edited by Mark3000 on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark3000

Postby Firehead » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:41 am

Emily groans as yet another attempt to tap into the magic from the other side fails to produce any effects of note. She sighed as she accepted the ice before sipping her drink. "I don't see why I had to sit around here a week when I coulda been on the other side with magic powers the whole time." She polished off her drink once it became clear it was time to cross over. "Yes, been waiting for this all week." She skipped along happy to be over as soon as she could be as she hopped into the open portal without care.

Emily chuckled at Miranda's surprise. "Are you kidding, this is way better than hanging around at home or studying for school." She looked about the area trying to take in everything once again. She had sort of romanticized everything about this place over the week she was waiting to return. Sure it was rustic, but it was a proper place for adventurers of all types to make themselves ready for the next mission of daring.

She looked over the people she would get familiar with them once she had some money to spend, but for now, she should be more focused on getting paid. As soon as Miranda was done talking, she went back to the Mission Board looking over what was available. A mysterious spreading forest that put unsuspecting people into a deep sleep? Sounded perfect as she grabbed ahold of the Forest of Nightmares bill taking it up to Miranda. "Here's the one I want." Of course, she realized she would need some support since she wasn't much for taking hits. She considered those that had traveled with her, but figured Miranda must know something about the people that were already here. "What can you tell me about the woman with the sword? I'm thinking I could use someone who knows how to take a few licks to give me some breathing room."
Firehead

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:17 am

Genevieve cringes when one of the girls ends up on a table, trying for a heroic speech. Yeah, it might be for the best if she doesn't end up anywhere near that one. That girl, Aurelia according to the girl apologizing for the excited one, seems the type to take offense to the fun she's planning on having. She'd rather not have someone who knows what she looks like in Metrotopia get offended and start spreading the word. Or the girl would do something silly like try to bring her to Justice and that would probably make things awkward for the rest of the group if she does to Aurelia what she plans to do to the world at large. Probably for the best if she just avoids that whole situation.

Which is a shame because it seems the girl who has yet to say anything besides an apology for Aurelia is a package deal. Or at the very least, the girl seems familiar with Aurelia's antics. She didn't seem surprised, just disappointed after all. She doesn't know much else about the girl yet, but either she just doesn't give a fuck about much or is one of the quiet and broody types, either one of which would be excellent to her plans. Not giving a fuck would probably continue not giving a fuck as she tortured people. Quiet and broody would either just stay back while she worked or might be mad enough the world to join in. Well, she'll see. Maybe they'll be something that makes it worth the headache. From what she remembers, her life influenced her powers in Rondo and she's mostly based on healing others. She has one attack spell, but that's not really all that useful for beating something into submission if they have resistance to it. Someone else to do the beating so she can do the torturing would be for the best. Or at the very least, someone to keep the prey off of her so she can do the beating herself will do. Oh well, she'll figure it out. She always does.

It's still a bizarre feeling when she switches forms, going from Genevieve Bishop, M.D. to Gene. For one, she could not carry a weapon like hers out in her main world. Even if the cane part itself is alright, the serrated, sharp cutting edge at the top would very easily have her stopped by the police before she got very far. Around here though, she's just another adventurer. Maybe a bit different for a healer, but not so much so that they have concerns. Another is the sheer power coursing through her body. She feels like she could do anything in this form! At the very least anything that would give her trouble in her normal form would be laughable to this one. If she slapped a pervert doctor for coping a feel of her ass, it wouldn't result in a verbal warning and a threat of assault charges. It would result in cleaning smears of doctor off of her hand. Or at least it feels like it. It also isn't ravaged with the effects of smoking, but that's a completely separate issue.

She listens attentively as Miranda goes through her spiel, making a mental note to talk to Leonard and Ronda at a later time. She has some knowledge of plants and wonders how that would translate over to cooking and potion making. After all, if she can slip someone a tainted meal or spill a paralysis potion on them it makes torturing them later a lot easier. Fiora could be interesting to speak to just to expand her knowledge and become familiar with the local flora since she has no idea if it would be similar to the ones she's familiar with. Then there's the most important thing: a target. She goes to the mission board and sees 3 areas that could be filled with targets as far as she knows. The one that appeals to her the most is Old Abalone, however. A village of fish men who are known for their cruelty and taking hostages? Even Aurelia wouldn't be able to fault her for taking them out as viciously as possible! "Miranda? Is there any more information on what's happening in Old Abalone?" She says, planning to gather all the information she can before confirming that she's taking it on.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Lorielle » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:20 am

Mari's transformation took her aback. Her head spinning as she watches her clothes shift from her casual outfit to the fanciful one her new form had. Her wrist-bow materializing as she looks at the serrated arrow heads and gives them a little flick. A small metallic ting fills her ears. Once she was finished checking the rest of hear gear she manages to hear Miranda list off the recent happenings here in Rondo since they've been away. The rogue looked around to the rest who were transported here but also at the adventurers she had yet to meet.

Marianne strolls up to white-haired woman sitting down next to her. "Hey you, whats a mysterious woman like you sitting around doing nothing? Interested in anything on the mission board over there? I was partly interested in those fishmen, or maybe the college, both seem to have a bit more... focus to them than the forest nonsense." Marianne motions for Miranda to come over with a couple of drinks. "Why dont we tream up with someone else and we get one of these missions done, personally leaning towards the college if im honest."
Lorielle

Postby Blue56 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:37 am

Vivi casually sipped on her daiquiri, pouting slightly as Marisa dashed her hopes of getting some good footage of supernatural activity. It made sense though, the things that were breaking the barriers between worlds were exactly what was threatening to destroy them all, so it was best not to emulate them. Still, there had to be something she could do to use this in her favor. As Vivi pondered this, her thoughts were interrupted by another girl getting up on the table to deliver a rousing, if not somewhat unoriginal, speech. Either this girl was being completely serious about what she was saying, or she was one hell of an actor. Either way, Vivi gave the girl a round of applause, not so much for the contents of her little speech, but she did appreciate the quality of the performance.

With everyone's questions resolved for the most part, Vivi quickly downs the rest of her drink and heads over to the door along with the others. Marisa's comment about the door doing the magic and not the bartender does strike her as odd, given what had been said earlier about no magic in this realm. Did this mean there was a loophole somewhere for her to exploit? The answer would obviously lie in Rondo, and while she couldn't take any objects back home with her, the same couldn't be said for knowledge and experiences she gained on the other side. With a bright, genuine smile, Vivi stepped through the portal to begin her adventures in another world.

Rondo's Fantastique looked like something straight out of a renaissance festival, and while fantasy was never really her kinda thing, Vivi was still positively thrilled to be here. Now that she was in Rondo and not in danger, Vivi could take a look at her outfit and new form. Goth had never been a look she had gone for, but she was actually kinda pulling it off, at least as far as she could tell without having a mirror to look in at this moment. Running a hand through her hair, she also noted that it was much shorter here and a dark red based on what she could see. Very interesting, but the most exciting part of all this was turning around and seeing the pair of skeletons floating over each shoulder, wreathed in an eerie looking purple flame. These two had done the bulk of the fighting during her last time here in Rondo, and Vivi was pleased to see that they appeared to be fond of her, or so she assumed since they were here by her side again. While Miranda gave them all a tour of the Fantastique and it's surrounding vendors, Vivi only half listened as she poked and prodded curiously at the pair. They felt like she assumed skeletons would feel like, and while the flames were certainly warm, they did not burn her. Was she immune to them, or maybe they only burned those the skeletons were hostile towards? She would have to try to learn more later.

Once the tour is concluded, they're all left to their own devices and the group starts to splinter off and go their own way. "What to do, what to do...." Vivi wonders aloud and at that moment she begins to hear a distinct whispering in her ear. This had happened before, but she hadn't had much time to dwell on it what with everything that had happened during her last visit to Rondo. Looking around, the only ones close enough to talk to her were her skeleton friends, and since it was distinctly two different voices whispering to her, it seemed obvious that they were the ones responsible. Most of what she heard was gibberish, like a foreign language she had never even heard before, but there little bits and pieces that she actually understood somehow, and it seemed like they were trying to give her some suggestions on where to go from here. "Hmmm... Someone big and strong to protect us? Yeah, I was thinking that too. Somebody with a little more experience would be nice too..." She muttered back. The people she had traveled here with looked just as formidable as anyone, but knowing that they were just as new to this as Vivi herself made her think it might be better to explore other options until they all got the hang of things.

The shops were interesting, but they could wait until later. She had to secure some help before they all went off on their own after all. One of her skeletons outstretched a bony finger towards the buff chick with the battle axe and a second stomach. She definitely fit the bill for big and strong. "Yeah, I was kinda leaning towards that one too. Good thinking." Vivi says, smiling and patting her skeletal friend on the head before moving over to the woman in question and taking a seat. "Hey there, Vivi Maxwell, nice to meet you!" She introduces herself with a friendly smile, oblivious to how her bright behavior doesn't match her dark appearance at all, and prepares to move on to her proposal when she feels the presence of her skeletons peering expectantly over her shoulder. Oh, so they were part of the team and wanted to be introduced too? Well that's only fair. But what kind of name would a skeleton have? "This is.... Uh.... Mr. Bones!" Nailed it. "And... Greg? Yes, you are truly Greg." Vivi eventually comes up with the most skeletal names she can think of, while the newly dubbed Mr. Bones and Greg managed to convey a sense of disappointment and confusion without any words or facial features. "Anywho, I think it would be great if we teamed up. Might and magic make a great team, ya know? The Forest of Nightmares won't stand a chance!" The Forest of Nightmares had been the mission that stood out to her the most, since it already sounded like an episode of her show and thus would make a great place to experience some supernatural horror, but in truth she would go just about anywhere if the other woman wasn't on board with that one for whatever reason.
Blue56

Postby mrblah » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:55 pm

There were no theatrics as she passed through the door. No dramatic proclamations like her sister had made, nor even a sense of tension as they passed into the new world... she merely held a determined intention to do what she needed to do and her typically neutral expression. The shift seemed immediate... and she found herself garbed in her traditional Japanese armor and modified kimono with her two named blades adorned on her hip—a strange outfit Argenta would never expect to wear normally, but... as she looked around, she saw she was surprisingly the most normal of their little expedition party. The nun from before remained as religiously dressed as she was in the real world, but now with a little more of a fantastical flavor like she was ripped straight from an anime, and carrying a large chainsaw-like weapon. The doctor had become a pale witch of notable noble-like beauty with a weapon that looked like it came from an MMO. The white-haired girl from before now looked like a prostitute... she wouldn't go on long in her inspection.

She was at her sister's side when Miranda approached to give them a tour. With the simplicity of the building, it wouldn't last long, but it remained to be altogether informative enough for Argenta. She'd remained quiet for the duration of it, and continued her silent streak just after it finished, with only a mere nod offered to Miranda in gratitude for her help. Now it seemed they were on their own... this was the true start of their mission, she knew. Here was where they'll prep and assemble together for a mission; easily the most important part of a job. It'll decide their chances with whatever they'll try. They needed to play this carefully.

"Aurelia," Argenta would address her sister as she turned to her with a side glance. "You should talk to the nun and make friendly with her. I think you two would get along." It'd be efficient to sic her endlessly positive sister on the softer-seeming one to get her on their side. Aurelia grinned brightly and placed her hands on her hips. "I like to think that I'd get along with anyone, given enough time and opportunity!" She said optimistically. "I wonder if she likes music~" She said, more to herself than to Argenta as she whipped out her flute in preparation to make her way over to the nun, her usual friendly smile on her face. "Sure." Her tone was dismissal in her reply. "If things go well, be sure to invite her over to join our group. I'm going to talk to the pale woman while you're doing that." "Sure! The more the merrier. I was actually hoping to recruit everyone, so that we can do everything together with the power of friendship!" She says optimistically as she starts to make her way towards the nun, giving her sister a reassuring smile as before turning away... Argenta sighed. "'Power of friendship,' she says..."

Okay, well that's over and done with. The samurai-esque warrior turned her attention to her target and approached from the side. "I'd like to know more about this mission too, Miranda." A casual way of sliding into the conversation and showing an interest in partnership. Her gaze traced over from Miranda to the alabaster woman. "I'm quite curious."
mrblah

Return to Roleplay