The Monastery (IC)

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: The Monastery (IC)

Postby Blue56 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:38 pm

With her new sword in hand, Priscilla watches bated breath as her plan... doesn't quite go off without a hitch. Mortimer lands his shot while the other archer misses, but thankfully the rest of her companions are quick to improvise. Priscilla charges out of hiding right alongside them all but Gustuv and Elmer are far faster and have the situation handled by the time she's made it to the cave entrance. "Excellent work, everyone." She says, offering them all a pleased smile as they regroup to enter the cave.

Gustuv's rather disrespectful way of addressing her isn't lost on Priscilla, but she has better things to worry about than raising a fuss about it. "Of course I can." She gives as her simple, yet confident reply before turning her attention to Elmer. Reinforcements arriving in that small section of the cavern would indeed be a tactical disadvantage, one she felt they could certainly overcome, but there was no need to make things harder than they needed to be. "It would be prudent for us to be prepared for reinforcements. Gustuv and Elmer, could the two of you accompany me to the shaman's lair? The rest of the guards should be sufficient to keep us secure." She proposes, Emma and Sasha's safety being her top priority. The three of them would be the fastest to rescue her and the rest should be able to hold their own at least until they could all meet up again and clear the cave out. "Ah, also you should know that there were two other captive women, they were near the entrance when I left and... with child. They don't seem to have much will to escape on their own so I suggest leaving them be if you come across them, until we've secured the cave at least." Priscilla explains, the information might not be useful, but even the slightest distraction could be fatal and so she thought they should know regardless. Once everyone was ready to move, Priscilla would lead Gustuv and Elmer to the shaman's lair while the other guards went about their part of the plan.
Blue56

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:21 am

Mark3000 Wrote:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The trek to Fort Claymoor is grueling and painful. With every step, Magz pussy aches with every step. Her lower lips still dripping blood, juices and slime. But eventually, her journey comes to an end as she approaches the grand gates of the fort. Flying the flag of Crystalcairn proudly, Fort Claymoor stood as a monument to both the strength of the kingdom and the influence of the Church of the White Flame. Built during the Second Suppression, it acted as a bulwark against the Wild God Followers and the more powerful monsters that inhabited the western kingdom.

As she approached the gate, she was meet by a pair of guards wearing silver armor and a feathered helm. “Halt! Who … By the Flame!” One of the guards exclaim as he sees the state Magz is in and the bagged severed head in her arms. Immediately, they helped the young paladin to the gate.

Magz, practically dead on her feet, staggers all the way to the distant fort. When she finally sees the fort closing in from the distance, she's only surprised that she made it without being attacked by another enemy, since that seems to be what would happen to her, given how the entire trip had gone. Being attacked early on only increased her expectations of being attacked a second time.

When the guards see her approaching, she tries to quickly explain herself "I'm Magz, Paladin of the Monastery. I've come to turn in the bounty for Big Axe Alex... I was, however, intercepted on my way here..." she explains, panting heavily from the pain and fatigue of her long trek, before raising the bag clumsily as she stumbles slightly from the sudden movement. When the guards move to help her, she leans on them heavily, letting them half-carry her.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby mrblah » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:57 pm

"We are well aware," was her only reply to Turner as Meredith led the group on the road. She fell silent just after such words, but still remained on guard, with searching eyes scanning the treeline for anything out of the ordinary. Nothing was found.

She almost breathed a sigh of relief when they spotted the Monastery in the distance. A safe haven after all they'd been through was well appreciated, and now her hopes of getting help for Evaline was that much closer to fruition. When they arrived on its grounds and they were approached, Meredith was content to remain quiet and allow Angelica to present their situation. Her grip tightened just a bit at the mention of that witch, though. "It was... a noble sacrifice on her part." She added. Never would she let anyone know otherwise.

Meredith gasped as the trainees replied with their own, much worse report on the situation. "A-all four of them, too?!" The five head mistresses were effectively the chain of command in St. Lily. How could they all have been incapacitated? And in the same day, no less? Meredith paled at both the implications of these incidents and the ramifications. No... this couldn't have been all coincidences. This had to have been a planned attack. Meredith willed herself to calm down. "If all of the head mistresses are currently indisposed, then who is the remaining highest ranked member in St. Lily?"
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Littlemankitten » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Harper purses her lips when she sees the color drain from Heidi's face. That just confirmed to her that this was a dire situation indeed. As Heidi explained, a bunch of thoughts raced through Harper's head. The monastery was under attack? Or will most likely be? She fidgeted around as she listened, wondering what it was they would be dealing with. She heard the tales of abhorrent monstrosities smashing down the walls and proceeding to do unspeakable acts to the denizens of other monasteries, would that happen here to? She shook her head a little, trying to clear herself from those thoughts. No, it couldn't end like that, she just saw the one person with some weak looking creatures, surely she would be able to sense the presence of horribly creatures. At least that is what she choose to believe in order to prevent herself from panicking.

When Heidi told them the emergency plan for this situation, Harper nodded to show she understood before turning to Lianna. "I will go to the library to tell the scholars to get to the bunker, as well as any servants I come across. The paladins generally don't like me so I don't think it'd be a good idea for me to approach them right now." Harper said a little timidly. If there was nothing else, then she would run off to go evacuate the other scholars and non-combative personal.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby Mark3000 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:21 am

Time: Day Phase 2

Iona

Iona could watch as a ting of doubt flash across the adventurer’s face. She can see her mind begin to cycle through what Iona might have done. But in the end, she shakes off her doubts and gathers her things. “If it was something you could apology for you would. But it sounds like you took things a step too far” Morgaine said as she brought the young monk in for a hug. “Please just watch yourself Iona. Safe Travels” She said before leaving to catch up to Magz.

With Ruby in tow, Iona goes to Axel’s office. There she finds the pimp alone without his bodyguard or Charlotte. “You’re one of the paladin’s companions correct. What brings you to my room? If you’re interested in Charlotte, she’s just getting washed up. She was rather …messed up” He said with a self satisfied grin.

Priscilla & Sasha

As the rescue party took their routes, Priscilla, Elmer and Gustuv travelled to the Goblin Shaman’s Chamber. When you arrive, the three find the creature in question along with a another goblin and hobgoblin. Chained to the wall were Sasha and Emma. Both were naked but in very different conditions. Sasha looked like she was five months pregnant, while Emma’s sword arm was a complete mess.

Before the battle can even start, the goblin shaman lights a set of yellow incenses. The scent fills the air as a shock runs down everyone’s spine. With Priscilla, Elmer and Gustuv paralyzed by the strange medicine. The goblin and hobgoblin target Elmer and Gustuv respectively. The small creature stabs at the old man drawing a small amount of blood. Meanwhile the hobgoblin tries to smash the mercenary into the ground. But even paralyzed, Gustuv manages to roll out of the way.

Meanwhile, Priscilla moves in to attack the shaman. With her newly acquired sword, Priscilla swings and connects the broadside with the goblin’s neck. Stunned by the sudden attack, the goblin stumbles back in distress. Seeing his leader in pain, the hobgoblin grabs Priscilla and lifts her in the air. While Gustuv still can’t move, Elmer manages to force his way to the incenses and destroys them. With no one to help her, Priscilla struggles to escape the hobgoblin’s grasp. With a stroke of luck, she manages to wiggle out of his grasp and strike at the shaman once more. He cries in pain as the goblin shaman sticks his finger into it’s wound. Using its own blood, the shaman draws runes onto the smaller goblin. It’s eyes go red as it lets out a blood curdling yell. With a mad look in it’s eyes, the cave goblin rushes Elmer with his jagged dagger. The small weapon finds its mark, but can’t pierce his thick armor.

“You’ve had your way long enough you little punks!” Elmer said as he swung his blade in a wide arc. The swing managed to sever the major artery of the goblin shaman and cave goblin. The two fall to the ground in a bloody mess, leaving the hobgoblin behind. Just the final creature is about to attack, Gustuv stands over it. “Guess I’d better earn my keep” He says before running his through the creature’s guts. Bring his might blade down, Gustuv drags out the hobgoblin’s guts as they spill to the ground.

With the threat neutralized, the three of you rush to retrieve Emma and Sasha. As you do, Mortimer pops into the shaman’s quarters. “Elmer, the rest of the goblins have been dealt with. There are two other woman being held here.”

The head guard helped Sasha up while Gustuv hefts Emma over his shoulder. “You’ve sure seen better days Emma” He said with a cocky grin. The injured woman just groans as they leave the cavern.

Magz

The soldiers aid Magz into the fort to the medical hall. On her way in, Magz notices a group of sketchy looking warriors cluster by the gate. They’re armor was haphazard but it bore the crest of the Crystalcairn Royal Family. Once Magz was taken to the the medical hall, the physicians on call tended to her wounds and gave her a chance to rest.

As she does, a woman with glasses and a large book ( https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2479442 ) comes to Magz bedside. “Good Day Miss. I am the chief clerk her at Fort Claymoor. My name is Aliesha.” She said as she took a quill and small vial of ink. “Could I get your full name, the bounty you are her to collect and proof of completion?"

Meredith

The paladin trainee thinks for a moment. “I .. uhm” she said as she paused for a moment. The Monastery didn’t really have a set chain of command. It was more like a boarding school, not a military facility. Though something does come to her mind. “Oh I think I saw Head Mistress Heidi was up and well around the Library. She might have an idea of what to do now. In the meanwhile Ferrier has taken charge of the paladin trainees and monk students to start an emergency patrol. She’s Lady Emma’s strongest student.”

With that, Margaret had the option to talk to either Heidi or Ferrier

Harper

Despite her timidness, Lianna puts her hand on Harper’s shoulder. “That’s fine, I’ll handle the paladins and the first line of defense. Knowing Lady Emma, she’s probably already trained her students for a situation like this” She said trying to reassure the two other scholars.

With tasks settles, Heidi hands Harper a sheet with a picture of organ keys on them. “The entrance to the shelter is beneath the organ to the right side of the cathedral. Press the keys in this sequence to open the way. Memorize it, then destroy the sheet” Heidi said in a serious manner “Good luck you to”. With that final phrase, the three left on their respective missions.

For Harper, it wasn’t hard to find most of the other scholars. Almost all of them were in the library. They were knee deep in books regarding poisons, monsters and various other topics. Many of them looked frightened or just plain tired. Soon one of the scholars noticed approach Harper. “What do you want you pale-skinned freak!?” She said not hiding the venom in her tone. The other scholars were just a wary
Last edited by Mark3000 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark3000

Postby mrblah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:52 pm

So one of the head mistresses were still active... that was good. "I'll speak with Head Mistress Heidi at once, then. Thank you for your help." After thanking the trainee, Meredith turned to face Angelica. "What will you do, Sister Angelica? Sir Turner and I will head to the library to tell Head Mistress Heidi of the situation at Fort Claymoor, and I also intend to tell her of what happened with Head Mistress Evaline. Will you accompany us or will you be leaving?" Since they'd already returned to the monastery, there was little necessity for Angelica to stay with her, especially with all of the other pressing matters that need attention in St. Lily. Meredith wouldn't fault her if she left.

Regardless of Angelica's decision, Meredith would then head to the library to find Heidi. She would bid the young paladin a proper goodbye if she decided to leave.
mrblah

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:43 pm

Mark3000 Wrote:Magz

The soldiers aid Magz into the fort to the medical hall. On her way in, Magz notices a group of sketchy looking warriors cluster by the gate. They’re armor was haphazard but it bore the crest of the Crystalcairn Royal Family. Once Magz was taken to the the medical hall, the physicians on call tended to her wounds and gave her a chance to rest.

As she does, a woman with glasses and a large book (https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2479442) comes to Magz bedside. “Good Day Miss. I am the chief clerk her at Fort Claymoor. My name is Aliesha.” She said as she took a quill and small vial of ink. “Could I get your full name, the bounty you are her to collect and proof of completion?"

Magz tries to ignore the sketchy warriors, they hadn't done anything yet and therefor could not be subjected to the wrath of the Justice Train.

After the medical staff tended to her wounds, Magz thanked them. It's not often that medical equipment is wasted on a dead dog, however she could not refuse this as it was theirs to give. She only hoped that she would be able to recover quickly, so that she could bring the payment back to the monastery quickly.

Her thoughts are interrupted by a woman sitting down next to her to discuss the bounty. "Magdalene Salome Antoinette, and I am here to collect the bounty on Big Axe Alex." she replied, as she grabbed the bag with the head in it, untied it, then tipped it over, causing the decapitated head to spill out onto the woman's lap "I believe his decapitated head is sufficient evidence that the task was, indeed, completed." she said, giving forcing herself to give the woman and innocent smile.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

RandomRoninKitten

Postby Blue56 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:40 am

Priscilla stands victorious, breathing heavily from the intense fight. A part of her enjoyed seeing these foul beasts that had made her their plaything be cut to bloody pieces. And yet, when she looked upon the abused bodies of the comrades she had rushed to save, any elation she felt at her victory quickly died. Sasha's swollen stomach reminds Priscilla that that could have been her if things had gone differently. And, oh Goddess, Emma's arm... How could Priscilla continue on knowing that the Commander had been so grievously wounded on her behalf, let alone face the rest of the Paladins back at the Monastery?

Priscilla lets Elmer and Gustuv handle her comrades, she still feels too guilty to face them and they seem to be in no state to converse regardless, instead focusing on gathering the spoils of her victory. Only once Mortimer returns to report success on his end, does she return her sword to it's sheath. "Good work. Let's get moving then." She says with a nod, perhaps a bit more curtly than she had intended, and begins making her way out of the cave. "We'll need to treat their wounds and let them rest enough that they can make the trip back to the Monastery. The priestess' and scholars there should be able to fully heal them." The physicians of Basinburgh likely had their hands full after the attack, but Priscilla had never had the aptitude for healing spells so she would have to rely on the town's aid once more to get her fellow paladins back home.
Blue56

Postby MiscChaos » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 pm

"Same to you, ma'am." Iona says before the Adventurer head disappears. Now that freedom is finally upon her, it feels... weird. It's been so long since she truly has had the ability to choose what she does that the feeling it inspires in her is almost wholly unfamiliar. She shakes her head to clear her thoughts of such wool-gathering. She's already decided her first set of actions after all so there's really no need for her idle wonderings about what she should do now. First, she'll see about acquiring Charlotte as a slave, then she'll see about making sure Magz and Morgaine make it back to the Monastery safely in the shadows before doing her own thing. That way all her loose ends are tied up and she doesn't need to feel guilty about moving on. It's really the least she can do for Magz considering what she's done to the paladin. Still, first she needs to make sure the path is muddied enough that they don't think she's following. "C'mon, Ruby. Let's get going." she says, rubbing the wolf's head before exiting the room.

When she finds the pimp, she's rather surprised that she finds him without any protection at all. Especially given the last few days. She wonders if he just doesn't have a sense of survival instinct or if he really feels that secure in this place. Well, whatever. Doesn't matter to her. "Actually, Charlotte is exactly what I came here about. What would I have to do to get her turned over to me? Given all the trouble she's given me, I have a rather... nasty need to see that the favor is repaid. Over and over. For as long as she can bear it. Or until I get bored, whichever comes first." She decides not to let on that she knows exactly why Charlotte needs to be cleaned up, though an idle thought passes through her head on whether she needs to worry about the prostitute being pregnant given the number of loads she took inside her last night/this morning, but it's a minor one in the end. If Charlotte gives birth soon enough, she might even be able to bolster the Monastery's numbers with a fresh recruit. One that won't be useful for a number of years, sure, but a new one none the less.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Mark3000 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:51 am

Time: Day Phase 3

Meredith

Considering Meredith’s question, Angelica pondered for a moment. “I think I’ll go to see Ferrier. With things so chaotic, the other girls will need the paladins to take charge” She said straightening out her armor. “But you need to tell Head Mistress Heidi of the situation with Lady Evaline and the fort. We can talk again after things die down. But until then, best of luck.” With a bow, Angelica left with the other Paladin Trainee.

As Meredith entered the library, she found that most of the scholars that resided on the grounds to be here in the study halls. All of them were reading different tomes and scrolls. But all of them had the same nervous look about them. That’s when she heard someone shout:

“What do you want you pale-skinned freak!?”

Turning to the source of the voice, Meredith could see one of the girls was addressing the albino scholar, Harper. Meredith had heard of her. Or more accurately, she had heard of the rumors that swirled around the pale-skinned girl. It was hard to separate fact from fiction. All the worst for the way albino characters are portrayed in some scripts of the White Flame.

Magz

Aliesha let out a loud squeal as the dismembered head popped out. Making a note on her clipboard, she gingerly tucked the head back into the bag and closed it. “T-that will do” She said as she took the head. “I’ll go retrieve your bounty, until then feel free to rest here” She said as she left the medical bay.

--------------Rest Break---------------

Just as Magz is resting Aliesha returns with a bag of coins. “Here you go. As promised, the 300 coins for the bounty.” As the clerk began to count out Magz’ reward, she continues to converse with her. “You seem pretty young for a bounty hunter, where did you learn the sword? If you have time, feel free to explore the grounds. This fort also acts as a sort of travel hub between the east and west of the kingdom.” She said handing her the payment.

Priscilla & Sasha

The trip back to Basinburgh was more peaceful then to the den. When they returned, there were already people waiting to care for the injured. A group of housewives came to take the still unconscious Sasha and Emma to a nearby building. Meanwhile, Elmer worked to make sure his men were taken care of. That left Priscilla alone with the muscular mercenary.

“Looks like my end of the bargain is complete. Now it’s time for you to fill yours” Gustuv said with a self satisfied grin. “If there’s anyone you wanna say goodbye to, now’s the time. Because we’re gonna make a B-line to Fort Claymoor. Hopefully, my boys haven’t already started the fun.” He said looked back to Priscilla. “Don’t worry, it will be one job and then we’re even.”

As Priscilla and Gustuv discussed their arrangement, Sasha began to come to inside one of the small homes that populated the small town. All around her were wounded guards and towns people being treated by those who remained.

Iona

Charisma Check
Iona : 3 + 16 = 19
Axel: 4 + 14 = 18

Iona can see the pimp doing the mental math as he considered Iona’s proposal. “Well you’re the only reason I was able to get her back. If you didn’t give me that tip, I would have been out the coin she owes me“ He says as he continues to ponder. Ruby lets out a few barks as if trying to add to the conversation. In turn, Axel nods along. Whether they understand each other or not is anyone’s guess.

“Alright, I’ll turn her over to you. On one condition. The buyers I had coming to look at my product were interested in Charlotte in particular. She made an impression the last time they came. If I give you her, you’ll have to provide a new piece of merchandise.” He said pausing for a moment. “You won’t have to get your hands dirty. Just find Andrea at Clayshell port and tell her Axel is looking for product. Agree to that and I’ll give you Charlotte”
Last edited by Mark3000 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark3000

Postby mrblah » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:16 pm

"As to you, sister Angelica. Be safe." Meredith also bowed, then left for the library immediately afterwards. When she arrived at her destination and took the first step to enter it, Meredith wasn't surprised by the quiet and the amount of nervous scholars. It seemed as if whenever she'd enter the library in her youth, she'd always see a great deal of many scholars studying and reading books. She supposed it wasn't so unusual considering their role. Not even their nervousness struck the priestess as odd. Considering their position, everyone had the right to be a little nervous.

But more importantly, she had a task to complete. Before she could head much further into the room to find Head Mistress Heidi, the quiet of the library was disturbed by a loud shout. Meredith turned to peer at the disturbance and quickly recognized the situation for what it was, as well as the victim. Harper had a reputation in the monastery for her albinism, and though Meredith wasn't always around to assist the girl, she'd always felt some amount of pity for her. Disliked for circumstances totally out of her control and judged simply for living... it almost reminded the priestess of the White Flame's reaction to one mission that happened so long ago. The White Flame still had their own inner issues to overcome.

She took a detour to step into the situation, walking with purposeful steps towards Harper and the rude scholar. "Excuse me... but I believe we aren't to be so loud in a library, especially in the current state of things?" She gave a kind smile to the girl. "It would also be preferable if you'd tone down the hostility. Our teachings don't include fighting one another, yes?"
mrblah

Postby Lorielle » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Sasha whole body felt like it was quite roughly done over. Her mind having checked out after the initial assault, the young Paladin could feel a lump of coal grow in her throat. She’d been rescued but at what cost... looking down she saw her stomach was quite large and that without a doubt she was pregnant.. she wanted to cry but there would be an extreme lack of tears for Sasha as she looks around the rest of the room. At least she was covered up. Sasha looked around for Emma during a brief moment of lucidity she remembered her instructor coming to rescue her, she had to apologize it was all her fault for being so weak..
Lorielle

Postby Littlemankitten » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:07 am

Harper nodded and did her best to memorize the pattern she saw. She's memorized worse so hopefully that should be to bad. Rushing to the library, she wasn't exactly surprised that she was immediately greeted with hostility, but she was so used to it she just continued with what she was told to do like they just greeted her normally. "Heidi has told me to evacuate you all to the shelter as there is a threat to the monastery." She said it loud enough so everyone could hear, trying to sound at least somewhat authoritative. "If you need confirmation I can take you to Heidi, but please, time is of the essence." Assuming they would all cooperate, she would then lead them to the shelter and input the sequence Heidi showed her, ripping up the sheet afterward.
Last edited by Littlemankitten on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 pm

Mark3000 Wrote:

Aliesha let out a loud squeal as the dismembered head popped out. Making a note on her clipboard, she gingerly tucked the head back into the bag and closed it. “T-that will do” She said as she took the head. “I’ll go retrieve your bounty, until then feel free to rest here” She said as she left the medical bay.

--------------Rest Break---------------

Just as Magz is resting Aliesha returns with a bag of coins. “Here you go. As promised, the 300 coins for the bounty.” As the clerk began to count out Magz’ reward, she continues to converse with her. “You seem pretty young for a bounty hunter, where did you learn the sword? If you have time, feel free to explore the grounds. This fort also acts as a sort of travel hub between the east and west of the kingdom.” She said handing her the payment.

Magz just continues to smile innocently as Aliesha gets startled by the head and tucks it away. Seeing her get scared was strangely satisfying, and Magz wasn't even sure she had done it on purpose, despite knowing full well what would happen when she dumped the head in her lap.

While the girl was gone, she took some time to patch up her clothes, so that she wouldn't be exposed when she got fully dressed again. Once her clothes are fully patched up, she dresses and waits for Aliesha to return.

When Aliesha does return and asks her a question while counting the coins out, she has to think for a moment "I have been training as a Paladin since the moment I was old enough to hold a weapon. I learned the art of Paladinry from Emma Pearce. I suppose it came naturally since this is all I've known, having gone to the monastery at a young age." she explains, as she stands up from the bed. She gently pats Aliesha on the head, then considers the possibility of exploring the area before leaving to bring the payment back to the Monastery, then decides on a better idea. "Do you know anyone that could show me around, or could you show me around yourself? I think it would be more effective than wandering around aimlessly." she explains.

Whether she gets someone to show her around or not, Magz will proceed to explore the city next.

RandomRoninKitten

Postby Blue56 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:10 am

Priscilla bow deeply to the women who come to rush Sasha and Emma to the makeshift hospital, and to Elmer and his men as well, offering her gratitude for their assistance and the equipment she had been given. She turns to Gustuv once the two of them are alone. "Yes, you have my gratitude as well." She tells him, bowing slightly to the mercenary. He hadn't managed to much in the fight, but his strength to bring that hobgoblin in one blow had been impressive and he had certainly played his part. "You'll have to fill me in on the details on the way." Priscilla says in response to his remark about making haste to the fort. It was a job for the king as she recalled but it would be good to know just what she was getting into.

"In the meantime, I need to inform my comrades of where I'll be going. I'll be quick and then we can be on our way." Priscilla tells the mercenary before turning and heading off to where Emma and Sasha had been taken. She needed to return the book Emma had entrusted to her, even though she doubted the commander would approve of what she was about to do. If the head paladin wasn't well enough to talk to then... Well she would have to inform Sasha, or Elmer in the worst case and have them tell Emma once she had recovered.
Blue56

Postby MiscChaos » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 am

Iona makes a show of thinking about Axel's proposal. Honestly though, it's not really a hard decision. She gets Charlotte and all she has to do is wander in a particular direction for a bit? Easiest thing ever. She supposes the only problem comes after. Charlotte may be broken right now, but that'll only last for so long given the way she arrived in her broken state. She'll recover and then she'll probably be a pain in Iona's ass once more. Especially if she can't break the prostitute of her little lying problem. Ah, well, she figures that'll be something to work on when she's bored. After all, Charlotte's gotta realize that Iona is better than whoever Axel would have handed her off to, right? She can probably make Charlotte see that given enough time.

"Deal. I'll get you your new blood. Do I need to guide them back here or will this Andrea woman suss out the details like that?" Might as well know all the details before she gets really deep into this. "Also about where will I find her? Any building she's known to hang out in or anything? While walking around the port looking for her sounds like fun the quicker I find her, the quicker you get your new product. Final question: This woman wouldn't set about trying to turn me into your latest product, would she? Because if she tries it... well, this city is on my way back to the Monastery. It wouldn't be a problem at all to make a quick stop." There's really no need for Axel to know he's broken with the Monastery at this point. Or ever really. She'll probably get more out of him if he thinks she's got the Monastery's backing. And she thinks she wants to keep him around. Excepting some questionable choices in staffing, he knows how to run a business, who not to piss off, how to compromise, and how to make his customers happy. Someone like that might come in handy during her wondering. Especially if she gets horny again. And given over a decade of celibacy, she will get horny again. She's kind of surprised she's not horny now. Magz must have been a really good lay. But her thoughts are wandering again.

Once she has her information and the prostitute if he gives Charlotte to her now rather than later, she'll have Ruby sniff out Morgaine's location and track her until she joins up with Magz. They should be fine at that point and she can be on her way to Clayshell Port.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...

MiscChaos

Postby Mark3000 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Time: Night Phase 1

Meredith & Harper

Charisma Check:
Rude Scholar: 2 + 15 = 17
Meredith: 4 + 7 = 11
Harper: 3 + 18 = 21

Just the the rude scholar was about to tell Meredith off, Harper cut her off. Explaining the situation, many of the other girls started to speak in hushed tones. The scholar who had initiated the conflict took a moment to consider Harper’s words. Standing up, the rude scholar approached Harper.

“Alright, if Heidi saw fit to give you this message I’ll trust that. But if anything happens, it will be on your head.” She says as the other girls fall into line. Even as they followed Harper, she could hear them whisper about how the pale skin girl could be leading them to a trap or is working with the attackers.

Meanwhile, in the corner of her eye Meredith spotted Head Mistress Heidi dashing towards the infirmary with a medicine bag in tow.

Sasha and Priscilla

l give you the rundown once you return.” Gustuv said as he waited by his stallion.

Walking to the makeshift hospital, Priscilla sees just how many people were injured in the goblin’s raid. Among the wounded, the paladin spotted Sasha and Emma just as they were awakening. As her two pupils approached, Emma’s eyes slowly opened. Laying under a drab brown sheet, Emma coughed as she clutched her sword arm. It was bandaged, but disfigured beyond belief. Even with healing magic, it would be a while until the veteran warrior could properly use a sword.

Looking up, Emma stared at Sasha’s enlarged frame and then to Priscilla crotch and finally her own. She grimaced as she clenched her teeth. “I’m sorry, Sasha, Priscilla. I wasn’t able to protect the two of you. And now the three of use have been marked as breeders. If not for Priscilla’s perseverance, we may have ended up like those two.” Emma says as she motions to the two women from the goblin cavern. Despite being free of the monsters, the two still stared blankly at the roof.

“Priscilla do you still have the book I gave you?” Emma asked suddenly. “It has an advance set of skills I was planning on teaching you latter in your training. So far I’ve only taught them to Ferrier and Belladonna. But I want you and Sasha to learn them as well. You’ll need these abilities more than anyone.”

After hearing what the two trainees have to say Emma nods and drifted back to unconsciousness.

Priscilla unlocked Inquisitor Class
Priscilla acquired Inquisitor’s Journal (Trinket, Bronze???, +1 Mentality, +1 Endurance)

Magz

Aliesha’s eyes lit up at the mention of Emma Pearce. “Soldiers still tell tales of her battle prowess. You’ll find many friends of the White Flame here Magdalene” She said with a polite bow. “I would be more than happy to guide you around the Fort.” the clerk said offering her hand to Magz. As the two of them left for the courtyard, they passed a rather handsome man wielding a spear ( https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2258635 ).

Once Aliesha takes Magz to the Courtyard, she begins to point out some of the main features of the fort. “So the fort is divided into four sections, North, South, East and West. The main gates are to the east and west. We’re coming from the south section that houses the mess hall, training grounds and the infirmary. The main barracks, strategy room, officer’s lodging are to the north of us.” She said pointing to the large structure to the north of them. “We also have storerooms and prisons located underneath the fort. If you want to see them, you have to access them from the east or west hall.

Looking around the courtyard, Magz also notices the stables to the northwest corner and a kiln to the southeast, there were even a few merchants hawking their wares outside the fort. “Normally they wouldn’t be allowed to do that. But with how quiet things have been the commander has allowed it” Aliesha added . At the centre where a set of training dummies similar to the ones Emma used at for their training and a few soldiers practicing their swings.

Iona

Axel clapped his hands as he leaned forward. “Alright, we have a deal. Don’t worry about guiding them back, Andrea will set up transportation. I just need someone to go in person to make the order. Of course if I don’t hear back from Andrea within five days, I’ll assume the worst. I may be set up in this backwater, but my friends have an especially long reach.” He said as he wrote down something on a small scroll. “She tends to roam around the port when she’s at the port. But the quickest way to find her would be to find her ship, The Mellowing Mermaid. And don’t worry, once she knows you’re working for me, you won’t have anything to worry about...unless you get on her bad side” He said with a bit of a laugh.

As Iona and Axel finish their conversation, Charlotte was brought back in by Axel’s bodyguard. She definitely looked cleaned up, but a glazed look remained in her eyes. “Change of plans Charlotte. You’re gonna be going with the little missy here” He said pointing to Iona. The monk could see the blonde prostitute start to protest only for Axel to stare her down. Once she quiets down, Axel hands Iona a few slips. “With these papers, Charlotte is officially yours. Oh and if you every need a few extra pieces of coin, Charlotte fetches a pretty nice price on the street.” He said with a smirk.

Once you left the brothel, Ruby put her nose and tried to get Morgaine’s scent.

Tracking Check:
Ruby: 3 + 1 = 4
Morgaine: 3 + 15 = 18

Even with her sensitive nose, Ruby couldn’t pick up on Morgaine. It made scene, Morgaine made her living on the road. Covering her tracks was part of her nature. Though you did have an idea of where the two were ultimately heading, Fort Claymoor. It’s then that Charlotte speaks up.

“Look I’m thankful you got me out of there and all. But why don’t we split ways here. I’ve got my own life to live. Plus it’s the least you can do after killing my ticket out of this hell hole.”
Mark3000

Postby Blue56 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:20 am

Priscilla scans the makeshift hospital, jaw clenched as she sees all those wounded people and is once again reminded of her failures. That horrible feeling of guilt only worsens once she spots her comrades and it's all she can do to hold back tears as she looks upon Sasha's swollen form and Emma's bandaged arm. Nonetheless, she stands at attention beside the Head Paladin's bed as she is addressed. To think the commander would apologize after all she had gone through on their behalf.... To wallow in her feelings of inadequacy would only belittle her mentor's sacrifice. Priscilla resolved to maintain a brave facade for the sake of all of them.

When Emma asks about the book, Priscilla immediately produces it from her satchel. "Yes Commander, it hasn't left my side, as promised." She says, listening as Emma explains her intentions for them. The techniques listed in the book interest her greatly, but first she had to do what she had come her for and tell them where she would be headed next. "Commander, I secured the assistance of the mercenary Gustuv to rescue the two of you. With no possessions, my only option was to pay him with assistance of my own. I will be accompanying him to Fort Claymoor, for what purpose I do not know, but he has assured me that I will be free to return to the Monastery as soon as our work is complete."

After Priscilla's report concludes and Emma falls back asleep, Priscilla spends a few moments flipping through the pages of the journal she now held, committing as many of the techniques listed within to memory as she can. Closing the book, she turns to Sasha next. "I'm.... sorry for abandoning you." Priscilla says eventually, unable to look her fellow recruit in the eyes at first, but forcing herself to do so. "As I said, I'll be leaving now to uphold my end of the deal with Gustuv. I think you should hold onto this for now though." As she speaks, Priscilla hands the journal over to Sasha. The commander had entrusted it to both of them, but the two were now on separate paths. Priscilla, however, was heading off to an unknown battle, while Sasha would presumably be staying with Emma and the Monastery. The choice was clear in her eyes. "Elmer, the head of the guard here, was kind enough to lend me this equipment. I'm sure he'd do the same for you and help the two of you return to St. Lily's. If all goes well, I'll be joining you shortly." With that, Priscilla bids Sasha farewell for now and heads back to meet up with Gustuv so they could be on their way to the fort.
Blue56

Postby MiscChaos » Tue May 07, 2019 7:21 am

"Ah well, girl, I should've known Morgaine wouldn't have been that easy to track. She is a master Adventurer after all." She says to Ruby as the wolf makes it obvious she's unable to track her target. Well, this does put her plans in a bit of a bind. She can't make sure Morgaine and Magz are OK if she can't find them after all. Her options would be to go to the Fort and hope that she crosses paths with them along the way, go back to the Monastery and hide out until the two finally make their way back, or just go on faith that the two of them would be alright. With her freedom in her grasp, she really doesn't want to spend too much time doing options 1 or 2 before she actually gets to enjoy herself, but it's hard to follow option 3 given she's seen Morgaine beaten before and Iona herself took advantage of Magz. What that means to her is anyone who catches Magz unguarded (though she doubts Magz is all that unguarded anymore) could take her out just as easily. Then again, the guy who took out Morgaine had backup and had them all on the ropes before Ruby helped them turn things around. Maybe that one fight is a poor indicator of the master Adventurer's skill? If so... maybe she can leave them to their devices. At least until she finishes up that favor from Axel. By then, they should have had more than enough time to get back to the Monastery and Iona can just pay that a visit and assuage her worry that way. Well, that's that problem solved!

With that down, now she has to deal with the second problem: Charlotte isn't nearly as broken as she would have liked. Which means she's going to have to break her so that her slave doesn't run from her. She's doing this entire favor so that the woman is a source of sex at her beck and call. One she doesn't have to feel guilty about abusing given all the shit she's done to Iona and her companions up to this point. Having her go off on her own would be... annoying. "I'm afraid that doesn't work for me." Iona says, irritation lining her voice. "You see, I have to do this whole quest thing whether you're with me or not. And if I have to do it, I'm going to be keeping you with me until either you make up for all the trouble you've caused me and my companions or I simply grow bored of you." As she speaks, she grows closer to Charlotte. Just in case the tart tries to run. "That said, this doesn't have to be uncomfortable for you. It sounds like you've got something you want to do. Turns out, I don't have a problem simply wandering the lands. The only thing I have to do is go to Clayshell Port within the next 5 days." She places her hand on Charlotte's shoulder, trying to show that she doesn't have too much ill will towards her. "Beyond that, if there's something you want to do, let's go do it. Or, if you insist on trying to separate from me... well, I have papers proving you belong to me." Her voice becomes hard and her grip on Charlotte's shoulder becomes just shy of painful. "I imagine that's more than enough to have law enforcement bring you back to me. And if I have to make that happen... well, it's only right that I compensate the officers for their time. A few rounds with you should more than make it up to them. And if the police are already fucking you, well, Axel has let me know your body is good for a few coins a night. I would rather not. I would really much rather have a more cordial relationship. I don't want to have to reduce you to naught but a cumdump. But I will if I have to." Her point made, she takes her hands off of Charlotte. "Oh yeah, I'm aware of your habit of lying seeing as the way we were introduced to Axel was you lying to him about us. There's also how you introduced yourself to me by lying about not knowing Alex. As a result, I don't quite trust your word yet. If I feel you are lying to me, there will be consequences, got it?"

The way Charlotte responds will decide how things shake out. If Charlotte goes along with her demands, then they'll start making their way to Clayshell Port nice and easy. If she senses Charlotte is lying to her, then she'll have to give her a demonstration on the cost of lying to her before they move out. Anything else... well, Iona has beaten Charlotte before and back then the prostitute had music magic to bolster herself. It'll only be easier to take the woman down this time around and then Iona's going to need traveling funds. She'll have no problem having Charlotte take up her old profession if the woman doesn't want a benevolent owner.

MiscChaos

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Wed May 08, 2019 10:24 pm

Mark3000 Wrote:
Magz
Aliesha’s eyes lit up at the mention of Emma Pearce. “Soldiers still tell tales of her battle prowess. You’ll find many friends of the White Flame here Magdalene” She said with a polite bow. “I would be more than happy to guide you around the Fort.” the clerk said offering her hand to Magz. As the two of them left for the courtyard, they passed a rather handsome man wielding a spear ( https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2258635 ).

Once Aliesha takes Magz to the Courtyard, she begins to point out some of the main features of the fort. “So the fort is divided into four sections, North, South, East and West. The main gates are to the east and west. We’re coming from the south section that houses the mess hall, training grounds and the infirmary. The main barracks, strategy room, officer’s lodging are to the north of us.” She said pointing to the large structure to the north of them. “We also have storerooms and prisons located underneath the fort. If you want to see them, you have to access them from the east or west hall.

Looking around the courtyard, Magz also notices the stables to the northwest corner and a kiln to the southeast, there were even a few merchants hawking their wares outside the fort. “Normally they wouldn’t be allowed to do that. But with how quiet things have been the commander has allowed it” Aliesha added . At the centre where a set of training dummies similar to the ones Emma used at for their training and a few soldiers practicing their swings.

When Aliesha mentions that there would be lots of people who support the White Flame in the city, Magz decides to keep it in mind. She may need help protecting the payment for the bounty so that she can safely bring it back to the Monastery. If she ends up being attacked by bandits instead of monsters, they could decide to take the payment from her, and that would, once again, be entirely her own fault for not taking the necessary precautions.

During the tour of the city, Magz remains mostly quiet, only reacting to let Aliesha know she's listening and understanding, though her mind was still focusing on finding someone to accompany her back to the Monastery so that she could keep the payment safe. She, however, had started to have doubts, wondering if it was possible that finding people to accompany her would actually be more dangerous since there would be no reason for the people she asked for help not to team up on her and rob her. After having spent time with Iona, she found that nobody can truly be trusted, in the end, you can't rely on anyone, including yourself.

When the merchants were brought up, Magz got somewhat curious "Have you personally looked at the Merchant Wares, and if so, do they have anything interesting?" she asks. If she says yes, she would go take a look, and if not, Magz would thank her and decide to leave the city to head towards the Monastery. She wanted to get back as soon as possible, during daylight, so that she would be less likely to run into anything dangerous.

RandomRoninKitten

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay