Red City

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Red City

Postby mrblah » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Wakino Shika
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Takashi looked like he wanted to protest, but with every opening of his mouth, he soon closed it right after, unable to think of a good retort. "... H-holding a weapon makes me uncomfortable." Was his weak reply, though he knew full well it didn't hold up to Shika's logic. "M-maybe uh, w-we can... do that later? W-we still don't really have any destination in mind..."

Giovanni Hector de Luca

He gave a light chuckle, honestly expecting such an answer. "Eh, I've got enough of that to satisfy me. Personally, I just want some peace and quiet so I can spend some time on the other aspects of life. Try and find the bigger picture to all this." He seemed rather genuine with his response, as it lacked his usual natural sardonic feel. "I mean, there's gotta be more to all this, you know? Something more to life than just what we've -" A shrill scream cut through the air, doing the job of also cutting Taro off as he was caught off guard by it. The sound had came from further down the alley, and it sounded feminine and in distress. Now that neither Giovanni nor Taro were speaking and actively listening, they can hear more hushed voices that appeared to be talking with one another. These were the telltale signs that something dirty was happening.

Pandora Othina

The nearby environment passed by Pandora as she ran her fastest in the direction of the council building, the distance between her and the council building being ignored in her haste, along with various oddities that had surrounded her. It was just as she was arriving to a busy intersection with various emotionless men and women moving around that her phone began to ring, and it could be observed that she was being called by her sister.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Littlemankitten » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:18 am

Pandora took her phone out as she ran, and when she saw who was calling, she skidded to a halt. She almost hits a light pole and has to swing around it to stop her momentum. She quickly answers the phone, using her training to alleviate any panic she may of had almost instantly. Even if she was still panicking, her voice would come up as that usual serious, emotionless voice everyone knew was hers.

"Camilla, are you ok? What's happening on your end?" She said firmly. Hoping that if she had the ability to call that meant she was completely fine. She looked around her surroundings to try and reorient herself as she talked.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby Lord Butts » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:16 am

Giovanni laughs. "You think small, but I suppose we all want a little peace and quiet. As for something more...Maybe there is, and maybe there isn't, I won't be alive long enough to find out." she throws a hand in the air. "A good life and a short one is what I say!" She then stops, hearing the noises from down the alley she grins. "Seems it's time to play hero, eh Taro?" she cracks her knuckles and runs down the alley.
Lord Butts

Postby mrblah » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:07 am

Giovanni Hector de Luca

Taro raised his hand up, intending to halt Giovanni. Unfortunately for him; he had paused for too long. He grumbled to himself, jogging after his business partner, reaching into his pockets and retrieving his weapons.

The two of them reached the heinous scene before them, stopping in front of a woman being forced against the wall as a man behind her steadily thrusts back and forth, the act he's committing plain to see. To his side, another man stood, a condescending grin on his face as he watched. "Not so good for us now, are ya? Bet you're really enjoying this, you whore!" A stereotypical rapist remark is what he made. Before any more could spill from his mouth, he noticed Giovanni and Taro, freezing up momentarily. It took him a second to realize his situation, as he then tapped his friend on the shoulder. "Hey, hold off for a sec, we've got some company here!"

Said friend groaned, turning his head lazily in the direction his companion was facing, and freezing just as he did as he realized the situation. "Oh shit!" He quickly pulled out of the crying woman, turning quickly to face the two interlopers, attempting to quickly pull up his pants. They both seem to be taken off guard, allowing for Giovanni and Taro to have the first act.

Pandora Othina

On the other end of the line, Pandora heard a somewhat shaky sigh of relief, along with near imperceptible murmuring from her sister. "Thank goodness you're safe..." She cleared her throat, "Y-yes, I'm fine... physically, I mean. I have no idea what's happening right now. Everyone's changed, everything's red, all of the clocks are broken... what's going on? Where are you?" Her response spilled forth, sounding somewhat rushed despite how she was clearly attempting to maintain her cool.

Looking around, Pandora could see that she was on the other side of the intersection, cars passing by behind her, along with more emotionless civilians passing by. From memory, she could say she's not too far from Shinjuku district, where the Tokyo Metropolitan Building was. It'd be much faster if she acquired some means of transportation, maybe took a train or a bus. Moving on foot would make the journey a lot longer, that's for certain.
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Giovanni is disgusted by the act she saw. "The world is ending, no one is normal and you two find the one lady who isn't a zombie and try to fuck her? Really? Show some decorum you bastards!" She rushes in to the fight, shoulder checking into the one putting his pecker away, she figures now would be a good time, so with her rings on her fingers she aims a punch right as his balls, if possible.
Lord Butts

Postby Littlemankitten » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Pandora nodded to herself as her sister talked, she hadn't really noticed the clocks, then again her brain only really processed the red, people, and her sister. "I'm fine, its going to take more than some red fog to get me to worried." Pandora lies, having never seen something like this before, she was rather shaken up. "I'm uh.... On the intersection where Nescafe Harajuku is and Yoyogi art. I'm heading over to you. Also if you haven't already get a weapon, we don't know what we're dealing with exactly, a gun would be preferable but if there isn't any around then anything will do. Remember what I taught you." Pandora said arbitrarily, referring to the many things Pandora passed onto her in her time on the force, mostly gun safety checks, reloading, caliber sizes, lockpicking, and a few other things.

Right, the Yamanote line was just across the street, she would have to go to nearest station down the road and take the train to Shinjuku district. So that's were she headed, keeping her eye out for any plausible danger or help. Specifically if a police station or something was nearby where she could get a firearm.
Littlemankitten

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:39 am

"Fine, but if you're not comfortable holding a weapon, how about something like a weapon? Say, a hokey club, or a crowbar?" Shika suggests. "As for a destination, I want to go back to my workplace and see if anyone there that I know is alright, like us. It's not that much farther from here." She says.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Wakino Shika

"I-I... well... if you insist." He relented, realizing he just might not be able to get out of this. "I just hope I won't have to use it... o-oh, and where do you work? I-I'm fine with going there if it's close by... d-do you have any co-workers over there who... you know, you're worried about?" He asked, though one could tell from how long it took him to get the full sentence out that he thought he was maybe prying too deep. He stayed a step behind Shika, allowing her to lead to wherever they're going.

Giovanni Hector de Luca

[Giovanni: D6=2=1, GRIT=6, ENEMY UNPREPARED. +1. 1+6+1=8. 12-8=4. THUG A TAKES 8 DAMAGE AND HAS 4 STAMINA LEFT.] [Thug: D6=3=2, GRIT=3, NO BONUS. 2+3+0=5. 34-5=29. GIOVANNI TAKES 5 DAMAGE AND HAS 29 STAMINA LEFT.] [Taro: D6=2=1, GRIT=5, NO BONUS. 1+5+0=6. 14-6=8. THUG B TAKES 6 DAMAGE AND HAS 8 STAMINA LEFT.]

The shoulder rush pushed him onto the ground, his clumsy and unprepared stance causing him to land roughly, which in turn didn't help him prepare for the follow-up blow to his nether region. He let out a loud, pained noise, quickly moving both hands down to cup his wounded masculinity as he rolled over in agony. His friend, however, was a little quicker on the uptake and launched a counter attack, swinging a fist at Giovanni. It connected, but it was nothing so solid. The force behind the fist, however, was still enough to push her back away from the two. Before the thug could capitalize on this and continue, a certain Yakuza came rushing in, locked and loaded with a punch. His target hadn't had the time to dodge or try to block it, and could only take the full force of the blow, the weighted gloves packing enough behind it to send him reeling back a bit.

Pandora Othina

"Okay... okay, I'll do that. I think there's some guns around here, but I don't have the level of clearance necessary to access them. I'll have a look around to see if I can find the right key card."

[SKILL CHECK, 15 OR HIGHER. ROLLED A 9. 9 + 5 = 7. FAILED.]

On her trek to the station, Pandora hadn't had the fortune of spotting anything helpful. Though, neither did she sense anything dangerous in her vicinity. She arrived at her destination, the trip being relatively short, and climbed up the steps to encounter an unexpected sight. The station was full of more expressionless people, shuffling around aimlessly as they do. Some of them appeared to be waiting for the train, while others descended down the same stairs she had gone up. But that wasn't the strangest thing...

The train she had been familiar with had been changed to one far less so. For starters, it had been entirely replaced by what looked like a bullet train with muted colors. The blue on the bottom being changed to a dustier cobalt-ish color, and the white looking less sleek and clean than you'd expect from a bullet train. In fact, the design of it overall looked like a dirtier mirror of one you'd find on the Hokuriku Shinkansen.
mrblah

Postby Littlemankitten » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:56 am

"Even if you don't find a gun I'm sure you'll think of something." Pandora said reassuringly. Heading up the station steps. Yup, more blank faces. When she arrived she stopped for a moment, looking at what she was seeing. So this gas could change the very trains themselves? Either this gas is very hallucinogenic or something even more sinister. Pandora had never completely dismissed the notion of the supernatural, though she was definitely thinking about it now.

"Trains changed, bullet train style, different colors.... dirty as hell." She informed Camilla, it was useful enough information to share. She considered just walking after seeing this, but she figured the train couldn't be super bad right? Sure it was completely changed but who knows how well it ran. And there was only one way to find out. She boarded the train that was headed north towards Shinjuku, continuing to keep a cautious eye out, as she would for as long as this phenomena lasts.
Littlemankitten

Postby Lord Butts » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Giovanni grins at the man on the ground. "Doesn't feel so good when someone touches you without permission hmm? Maybe next time you'll- Oof!" she takes a hit as she was gloating, though she was quick enough to step back with it as it came in as to minimize damage. "Listen, I got no trouble with you, if you run away now I won't have to-" and that's when Taro came in with a clean hit. "I won't have to have my buddy here beat the crap out of you." she grins and follows up Taro's punch with a kick square to the man's chest, hoping to send him sprawling like his friend.
Lord Butts

Postby mrblah » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:31 pm

Giovanni Hector de Luca

[Giovanni: D6=6=6. CRIT! GRIT=6, CRIT BONUS, ENEMY CANNOT DEFEND AGAINST THIS ATTACK. 6+6+0=12. 8-12= -4. THUG B HAS BEEN DEFEATED.] [Thug: RUNNING. AGILITY CHECK, 10 OR HIGHER. ROLLED A 19. 19 + 3 = 22. PASSED.] [Taro: INTERRUPTING. NEEDS TO BEAT 22. 11. 11 + 2 = 13. FAILED.]

It seemed Giovanni had gotten lucky, as the kick had done more damage to the man than one would expect, possibly meaning he had been in another fight prior and had been injured. He fell back, his head hitting harshly against the hard ground, seeming to knock him out. Or kill him. Not that it really mattered either way.

His friend, seeing that things were looking grim, fought through the pain between his legs and stood up. "A-alright, you win! J-just stay away from me!" He turned around, preparing to make his escape. Seeing this, Taro reached out to grab him, but just as he was before; he was too late. The man had already ran further down the alley, turning the corner out of sight. Taro seemed annoyed by this. "Well, one out of two's not bad. Still wanted to teach those idiots a lesson..." He muttered, before turning around to say something to Giovanni. Whatever he was going to say was interrupted by the sound of a whimper, coming from the crying mostly naked woman they just saved.

[VICTORY. 23 EXP GAINED! GIOVANNI LEVELED UP! 4 STAT POINTS! 22 EXP GAINED! TARO LEVELED UP! 3 STAT POINTS!]

Pandora Othina

Pandora received no reply on the other end of the call, her statement met with an unexpected blank silence. As she boarded the train and prepared to travel to Shinjuku, she suddenly began to feel a lull come over her, her vision blurring all around her as the train began to move. It seemed to chug slowly, blurry city lights moving by in a lazy motion that made reality seem so far away... the sounds of life began to bleed out, until the entire world became muted.

It was as if she had fallen asleep, the unusual yet soothing sensations relaxing her... and just as it came, it left all too soon. The train stopped at a station in Shinjuku, and the spell immediately broke as the door opened. It seemed that everything had gone back to normal... or at least, as normal as it was before. Checking her phone, Pandora realized that time was still frozen, and the clock hadn't moved in the slightest. Furthermore; her sister still had yet to reply.
mrblah

Postby Littlemankitten » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:26 pm

What kind of twisted place was this? She felt like she was transported to some Limbo realm where there was nothing but deathly silence and pitch blackness surrounding her, and then suddenly poof, she was at her destination. She wasn't doing that again if she could help it. She got off as quickly as possible and looked at her phone. Time seemed to not be a deciding factor here, or at least, it pretended to not be.

Pandora didn't reply to the phone, she was worried yes, but if there was danger near her sister, she didn't wish to bring any attention to her position by talking. Instead she would first make sure the phone itself seemed alright, which she figured even if it seemed so didn't mean it was. No harm in checking though. And if it did she would just have to keep the call going and keep listening, just in case she could pick some things up, footsteps, muted talking, gunshots, anything that the phone could pick up. She went down the station steps and headed towards the council building.
Littlemankitten

Postby Lord Butts » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:37 am

Don't know how we're supposed to do level ups, but I'd like two in grit and two in Agility.

Giovanni reaches into her jacket and finds her gun missing, it seems bastard number two would get away. Ah well, she would find him, she knew him now, he could not escape. Her plans were interrupted by a whimper and she looks down at the woman, she takes her jacket off and hands it down to the woman. "Are you alright? We came as fast as we could. Though it seems we were a little slow on the uptake." she smiles softly. "My name is Giovanni, and this is my friend." she offers a hand to the woman.
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:05 pm

"It's not too far from here. And yes, I do have some friends among my co-workers that I'd like to make sure are okay. Or, at the very least I want to know if they turned into these things, just to be sure. Once we're done confirming what happened to those that we knew, we should figure out a way to contact people from around the area. The best I can think of is by setting up posters." Shika says as she keeps moving towards her workplace.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Wakino Shika

COMBAT ENCOUNTER ROLL. 4. FOLLOW-UP WITS CHECK; HIGHER THAN 8. ROLLED A 6. PLUS 4. PASSED.

Takashi merely nodded, before giving his response. As Shika's conversation with him moved on and their journey continued; they arrived at their destination, arriving to a scene neither of the two wanted to see. Shika's internet cafe appeared to have been the victim of a break-in, and a possibly violent or rushed one, judging from the small amount of blood next to some broken shards of glass on the ground by what was once a window. This break-in may have been recent, as the blood hadn't looked dried...

Takashi's eyes lingered on the scene, his palms feeling slightly sweaty as his mind began to process the information of possible danger. He looked over to Shika, a panicked look in his eyes. "I-I think something happened here!" He said, a little too loudly. The two hadn't come across any weapons suitable for him, and so he was left relatively defenseless.

Giovanni Hector de Luca

SKILL CHECK, 20 OR HIGHER. ROLLED 16. 16 + 4 = 20. PASSED.

The woman stared at Giovanni for a second, her mind still coming to the conclusion that her situation was safe. She hesitantly took the jacket, attempting to stand on her own instead of taking Giovanni's hand. Once she stood at full height, she attempted to school her expression and maintain some composure. "Th... thank you for saving me, had you not come, I don't think they would have let me go. My name is Shiho, Miyano Shiho." She bowed formally to Giovanni, though despite her act; it was clear from her shaking and her act of avoiding eye contact that what had happened still weighed on her mind.

On the sidelines, Taro walked over to her, managing to come in just as she introduced herself. The moment he heard her name, his eyes widened in surprise. "Miyano Shiho? Could you be that person who..." He trailed off, realizing his minor blunder. "Mn, sorry. That was a little insensitive of me." Shiho, in response, shook her head, though her expression darkened somewhat. "No, it's fine. Yes, I'm that Shiho, the sibling of Miyano Ai." She bowed her head to Taro, "Thank you both for saving me."

It was when she heard the name 'Miyano Ai' that it clicked for Giovanni. Three years ago, there was an incident all over the news about a famous actor going missing. She had been at a party with her friends, only to suddenly disappear from the face of the Earth. Police looked everywhere for her, and the incident even had bled over to other countries; alas, no one could find Miyano Ai. Until just earlier this year, when she was suddenly found with amnesia in a dark alley, naked. Doctors couldn't figure out what had happened to her, but it mysteriously appeared as if she hadn't aged for three years, and she still couldn't even remember her own name. As there were no leads, the Ai case had been closed as another strange incident... a fact that surely must have bothered her family, who had been very vocal and active with their search for her. Miyano Shiho was one of them, and she had been on TV time and time again talking about her sister.

SPECIAL CHARACTER FOUND: Miyano Shiho!

Pandora Othina

The phone appeared to be unchanged since the last check, showcasing no signs that it could be broken or tampered with... well, other than the clock still clearly being set at a fixed point. All that could be heard on Pandora's end was dead silence. Not even radio silence, though that may be preferred. From what she could get from it, there were no signs that explicitly pointed to her sister being in danger, or in a dangerous predicament. Still... any kind of silence for this long at all was clearly strange.

As Pandora left the station, she could see that she truly was in the right area. The train had dropped her off in the closest station to her destination, allowing her to see the Tokyo Metropolitan Building in all it's glory before her. It appeared to have suffered no recent changes, or harbored any signs of criminal activity. Mindless 'zombies' still walked the streets in the area, minding their own business as they did. Cars passed by, everything looked completely normal. Maybe this was just a lucky break? Hopefully, this streak continues and she gets to see her sister soon, safe and unharmed.

"Pandora? Are you still there?" Finally, the silence had been broken by the sound of Camilla's somewhat panicked voice on the other end of the line. "What's happening over there? Are you alright?"
mrblah

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:04 pm

"Stand back. I'll investigate." Shika said, taking out her knives, holding one in each hand as she neared the broken into cafe, looking to see if she saw anyone still inside. "Hello, anyone there?" She called out into the cafe. "Who'd break into a cafe like this during the apocalypse anyways?" Shika asked herself.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Littlemankitten » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Pandora would continue to try and listen for something, anything. Not knowing what was going on was quite the frustrating concept for Pandora, though not something she could do anything about. She made her way to the building, checking her surroundings every once in a while just out of habit and training. She gave a very audible sigh of relief when Camilla finally responded.
"Yea, I'm fine. Was wondering the same thing about you... I don't think the phones are going to be a very efficient way of communicating if that keeps happening. Did anything happen during that period?" Pandora just wanted to see her in person at this point, the phones didn't seem very reliable, and who knows what else this damn fog or mist or realm or whatever the hell it was would throw at them.
Littlemankitten

Postby Lord Butts » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Giovanni frowns. "Sorry about him, we're still trying to teach him tact, aren't we?" she rustles Taro's hair. "Anyway, what are you doing out here? Do you know what's going on? It seems the whole world's gone mad."
Lord Butts

Postby mrblah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Wakino Shika

WITS CHECK; HIGHER THAN 6. ROLLED A 5. PLUS 4. PASSED.

Her question was met with dead silence, which either meant there was no one there... or the person there is trying to hide. After a minute, Shika could see something moving in the dark, and the sound of something hard hitting another object. The movement stopped as this happened. It seemed like whoever broke in was hiding there. Meanwhile with Takashi, he's currently hiding underneath the window, hoping to not be spotted. Better than standing out in the open and being an extra target?

Giovanni Hector de Luca

Taro growled, brushing Giovanni's hand off his head, but held his tongue as to not steer the conversation away. Shiho, in response, cracked a smirk at the two's antics. "I..." she trailed off, her face morphing into that of thought. After a pause, she looked back to Giovanni, a serious look on her face. "Yes, I know a little of what's happening. I'm a scientist, and... I've been studying this specific phenomena for a while, now." Once more, she looked away.

"I'll be honest since you saved my life; this isn't the first time this has happened. It's a regular occurrence, set to appear every three years. This will be the fourth time it's happened... and as for why I was out here and in... that situation, I had been surveying the area when I came across a tall man and his thugs. He ordered them to chase me, and when they had me cornered, they thought to have their way with me for my resistance."

Pandora Othina

"Well, I've just been searching around for a key card. I haven't found anything, but I grabbed a few water bottles and some extra pairs of clothes. I figured if this goes on for too long, we should at least be prepared to wait until it ends." Camilla responded, with the sound of a bag ruffling accompanying her reply.

The move over to the building was quick. You were at the doors. Nothing seemed out of place, but your trained instincts and reading of the atmosphere warned you of danger in the near future. Nothing you couldn't handle, of course, but it still might be best to get your sister and leave the area near the Tokyo Metropolitan Building.
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Giovanni frowns. "Tall man with thugs you say? Where? And how many?" Giovanni was used to thugs, she had been one once or twice before, but she would need to pay this tall man a visit, perhaps something could be worked out. "Also, we're looking for better weapons, any ideas?" she seemed to know better than the two of them anyway, and she knew what was going on. She would be a useful asset.
Lord Butts

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay