Red City

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Red City

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:23 am

As Maria walks everything around her starts to come into focus. Everything felt wrong... the strange feeling kept creeping on her, but despite this she kept herself in high spirits. Maybe it was a Lunar Eclipse or something akin of such an occurence... Better to meet up with her Brother the sooner the better. It wasn't until she reached an alley way where she heard the scared muttering of a man. Her instincts told her to run away, but the way everything was around her it seemed like a better option to confirm what around her was actually her reality rather than a her senses being distorted. Walking up to the man she greets him with a comforting tone, but surely enough she keeps her distance from him. Her weapons tucked away in her bag and ready to slide out should she need them. "So... are you alright mister? Do you need me to call the Police or something?" She asked trying to be sure if she could provide any logical support.

(sorry for the lag my life has been rather hectic.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby mrblah » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:27 am

Wakino Shika
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

It seemed as if he hadn't noticed her, as the moment she made her presence known, the young man froze - causing him to trip and fall flat on his face. He recovered quickly, picking himself up and staring at Shika with wide, fearful eyes. It seemed as if he'd bolt off again, but taking another look at her, he seemed to have realized something. "Y... you're not one of them?" He sounded rather mousy, still scared and jumpy. "Who are you? What's happening?!" He spoke quickly, and it was difficult to decipher his words.

Maria Caban

(no worries. it happens in life.)

The man shook, as if a jolt had ran through him. In a second, he whirled around, throwing out a fist that only hit air as if to ward Maria away. He fell back, pushing against the ground to move back, kicking as if fending off some invisible attacker. Now that he was turned around, Maria could see the man's features better. He seemed to be an older man, somewhere in his 40s maybe, with dull eyes that showed only primal fear and a lack of logic. "Get away from me! You're not turning me like the others!"

Giovanni Hector de Luca

The moment Giovanni mentioned her recent bodily changes, Taro gave her another once-over, his eyes lingering on her chest for a moment with a look in his eyes that could have been confused as some perverted intent. He gave little response to her words, denying any form of rituals and seemingly outright annoying the money change, until he was mentioned. His eyes moved up to her face, "You really think I could be capable of something like this? If I had such a convenient superpower, I'd probably be rich. Or a hero. Maybe both," was his response, still with a grimly mocking sound to it. "But, you're right that I'm unaffected. Unlike with your situation, I've still got a broad chest and something between my legs."
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Lord Butts » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 pm

She watches him stare at her chest and laughs, moving to give him a light peck on the lips before leaning in close to whisper in a seductive tone. "I still have all the bits that make me a man, and if you stare at my chest one more time, I'll make sure you no longer have yours." she moves back a step and winks at him, a big grin on her face. 'So, how do we make a profit here? Looting? It seems theft is out. We could try to find others who are unaffected, either extort them or offer protection in exchange for goods. What's the play Taro?"
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:55 pm

"Calm down! First of, are you alright? I don't know what's going on any more than you do. However, I believe we might find an answer if we stay together and look for others." Shika says, trying to calm the man down while looking in the direction the man had come from, wondering if he had been running from something or was just spooked in general.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:33 am

Wakino Shika

[WITS CHECK, 15 OR HIGHER. ROLLED AN 18. 18 + 4 = 22. PASSED.]

The young man hadn't lost too much of his sense, it appeared. He visibly attempted to calm himself down, taking a deep shaky breath. "S-sorry..." He muttered, still shaking. "I-I'm alright, I just... seeing all of that kind of got to me, and I thought I was the only one." He glanced around quickly, before his eyes moved back to Shika. "Um... m-my name is Takashi. Ito Takashi." He bowed, attempting to be polite and show respect. "And y-yes, I would very much like it if we could s-stick together."

Giovanni Hector de Luca

Giovanni's sudden action caught him off guard, and his cool professional expression momentarily fell to a more surprised one as he stared at her in confusion. He moved his hand to cover his mouth, hiding a slight blush which contrasted with the glare in his eyes, though they were aimed away at the wall. "... Duly noted." He grumbled, which was followed by a few other things that were hard to hear. He moved his arm back to it's original position - by his side with his hand in his pocket. "And I think we've got more problems to solve than money right now. Namely what the fuck happened to Tokyo, and how the hell we get out of here. I'd appreciate a vacation, but I'd rather have one in a place more..." He trailed off, his eyes moving to another expressionless human drone. "Lively."
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 am

Giovanni takes her hat off, grinning at him. "You see Taro, that's the difference between you and I, money is always the top priority, but seeing as how cash is worthless, perhaps setting things right is a good idea. C'mon, I need to find a knife,a trench knife preferably, perhaps in a history museum or an interest piece in a knife store." she looks around the street, putting her hat back on and starting to stroll along down the street again. "Stick with me and we'll both be very rich by the end of this whole thing, who knows, maybe they'll even give us a reward for solving it."
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:55 am

"Good to see there's someone else who isn't like these, things... I'm Shika, Wakino Shika. You can call me Shika. It's good to know there are others not affected by whatever this is. If we could get a message out somehow, we could find other people like us. Good thing all these things are otherwise ignoring us. You have any idea how we could get the attention of someone else like us? I was thinking we turn on out phones and begin blaring loud music, but I'd rather not waste the battery on something like that and then not be able to use it when it counts." Shika says, hoping her new ally had some idea of his own to contribute.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Wakino Shika

"Well... I-I can't think of anything, sorry..." Takashi looked to the side, looking rather dejected to not be able to think of any way to help... when he suddenly brightened up as a thought came to him. "B-but, if you wanted to find other people... maybe we could try checking online or something? Th-though, I don't have my computer on me right now."

Giovanni Hector de Luca

Taro responded with an eye roll, but still followed after Giovanni. "Weaponless?" He asked with a smirk. He reached down into his pockets, pulling out a pair of black gloves. One could easily tell they were weighted from the bulges on the back of the gloves and on the fingers. Giovanni recognized them as Taro's signature weapon; his black weighted gloves. They weren't as intimidating as a gun or even a baseball bat, but in the hands of the tall Yakuza, they were deadly weapons. "Rookie mistake, Giovanni. I never leave home without these." He slid them back into his pockets, seeing no further reason to have them out. "Luckily for you, I know a weapons shop a friend of mine owns in the area. It might not have exactly what you want, but it's worth a try if you've got no other ideas."
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Giovanni grins. "Who said anything about weaponless?" she holds up her hands, the large, heavy metal rings glittering. "I just prefer a blade point, or knuckledusters, or both, hence the trenchknife I'm looking for." she rolls her shoulders and puts her hands back in her pockets. "So Taro, any ideas about what caused this or anything? I know you didn't do it, but are there like, I don't know, ancient Japanese curses or, like vampires or something that did this? It seems super natural to me."
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:29 am

"I have a phone with me. Let me see real quick." Shika said, taking out her phone and quickly checking if there was already something about a red moon or if the internet was just as... weird as the rest of the world was right now. While doing so, she began walking. "We might as well move while I'm looking into this. Keep an eye out for others." She instructs Takashi as she begins moving, occasionally looking up from her phone to make sure she was going the right way towards her workplace.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:56 am

Wakino Shika

It seemed as if the internet was working fine. Shika was able to load a Google page and search for clues using a few relevant keywords. Unfortunately, most of what came up was just things about anime, lunar eclipses, books, and oddly enough; supernatural forums. Anyone would be annoyed over what seemed to be a waste of time, but an accidental click on the forums led Shika to noticing a new thread had been opened. The user who posted it went by the name "Monikker", with the title of the thread being "Anyone Alive?" It had no replies.

Giovanni Hector de Luca

"Vampires are a European thing, first." He began, "And second, while I'd normally be against the idea of this being curse-related; this really does look like something... not right." He trailed of for a moment, glancing at a shadow in the corner. "Frankly, it's creeping me out. From what I know, it's only been like this for about 30 minutes or so. Not that I can prove that, though. Every clock I've seen is broken. Just says it's 9:00 PM." He gave an annoyed huff at that, before moving his gaze back to Giovanni. "And on that note, we oughta focus on finding a way out of this mess. I've got better things to do than deal with shit like this."
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:22 am

Giovanni waves her hand. "Europe, Japan, it's all the same. " she says in a somewhat mocking tone. She looks around. "Solve it eh?? Alright, I'll do that then, where should I start, oh mystical shaman." She looks down at her watch, confirming that it said 9:00. "Hmm, that could be bad...Although I would assume time is irrelevant here, I mean, when was the last time it was Red O' Clock?"
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:36 pm

"Yes, found someone." Shika informed Takashi as she made herself an account on the forum, Red_Moon_Survivor. Answering to the thread, she wrote down that the person wasn't alone, and that she had even found someone else. It would also be a good idea to keep each other updated on anything that happens. She wrote down that so far, all clocks had been set to 9 'o' clock, but that changing the time manually on them still worked. All labels on flat surfaces like prints seemed to be gone and that everyone besides a selected few seemed to be affected by the red moon, turning them into what seemed to be mindless zombies. Lastly, she added that she and one other were currently in Ueno.

Looking up from her phone, Shika considers maybe stealing from some of the stores, but decides it's only a last resort option. After all, despite the people all acting zombie like, they still seemed to do their jobs.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Wakino Shika

Takashi's face lit up, surprise mixed with some measure of hope. "Y-you have?" He moved closer, invading Shika's personal space and looking over her shoulder at her phone in his excitement. "What did they say? Do they know what's going on? We should meet up with them!"

Just as he was saying, this, a notification appeared on Shika's phone, notifying her that she had received a private message from the very same person she had replied to. They knew about that, Monikker replied. They then went onto say it was safer to pm, and that they had encountered other people. Said other people were hostile, but they appeared to be no more than common thugs trying to make something out of the situation. Furthermore; they replied that they were currently in Kichijoji.

[SKILL CHECK, 10 OR HIGHER. ROLLED A 5. 5 + 2 = 7. FAILED.]

On a last note; they said they should keep in touch, and asked for any kind of contact info Shika may have.

Giovanni Hector de Luca

"If I knew, we'd be off by now." Was Taro's expectantly gruff response. He adopted a thinking look, seeming to mull something over in his head. "Going to populated areas might help. If we're not like the rest of those things walking about, then there are bound to be others, and those others might know something." It sounded like a shot in the dark, but the logic was still present. "That's the best I can come up with. If you've got any better ideas though, I'd be willing to hear 'em."
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:06 am

Giovanni shakes her head. "No, no, going to a populated place sounds good. Plenty of things to swipe if there are no normal people, more contacts if there are. I like this plan." she starts heading down a street, she didn't know the layout of the city very well, but perhaps just walking would help, if he wanted to guide her somewhere else she would let him. "Do you suppose there is any danger lying out there in crazy land?"
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:31 am

"Do you mind?" Shika asks, pushing Takashi away a little, making him aware of him invading her private space. "Meeting up with them won't be as easy. They say they're in Kichijoji. Apparently they've met other people as well, but they've been hostile. Acting as thugs in an apocalypse. I suppose we'll have to be prepared for something like that as well. Do you know how to wield any weapons? If not, we should still get you something so that if we run into someone, you'd at least not look unarmed." Shika suggested, replying to the message that she agreed to the idea of continuing to sharing information, seeing as how the one about some people being hostile off the bat could end up saving their life, depending on how hostile the people they run into would be.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:48 am

Wakino Shika

He took a quick step back, letting out an almost instantaneous nervous apology, before his brain hooked on what Shika was saying. It almost seemed like he was going to have a breakdown at the mention of any possible combat. "W-what? No, no no! I have NO kind of proficiency with ANY weapon! I couldn't even use a stick!" Was his quick response, further showcasing that he's probably never undergone any sort of physical altercation. "A-and I really don't need a weapon! I mean, I-I'm sure whoever we find we can reason to and band together with, r-right? The more the merrier!"

Meanwhile, another message popped up with a number in it. Specifically, Monikker's number.

Giovanni Hector de Luca

A snort was his response. "If there isn't, I'll be surprised. This place feels like danger, which is a feeling I'm pretty familiar with in my very specific line of work... ah, and turn here." Taro interrupted himself briefly to take a turn leading down an alleyway. "Still though, I wouldn't mind a bit of a breather. I've got enough danger and excitement from my job. Bet you'd agree?"

[COMBAT ENCOUNTER ROLL. ROLLED A 2. FOLLOW-UP WITS CHECK. HIGHER THAN 6, 4. PLUS 1 FROM WITS. 5. FAILED.]
mrblah

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Shika shakes her head. "Sorry, but we can't rely on such a flimsy hope. Whatever we may hope for, we can't just cling to the positives and hope for the best. "Si vis pacem, para bellum" it means "If you want peace, prepare for war". The world, as much as we hope for it to be, is not a pretty place. There are good people, and there are bad people. The problem is that we can't always distinguish between them or chose which side we're on. If you were carrying a weapon, you'd at least be looking somewhat intimidating. People would think twice before attacking you, you wouldn't have to use the weapon, just having it would be protection enough. But, in the case we do have to fight, I'd say a weapon, doesn't matter what, is far better than nothing." Shika explains her thoughts on the matter.

Seeing the number, Shika sent a text to the number with her username to confirm she'd gotten it and to also send her own number to the person who'd be able to see what number the sender had.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Lord Butts » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:36 am

Giovanni rolls her shoulders. "Taro my boy, I didn't join this line of work to stand idly by. I intend to get rich, fight when I feel like it and have just about everyone under my boot...What I wouldn't give to run a small country one day." she grins a bit a him. "Of course, those who help me to the top will get there's. What is it you want Taro? What is the one thing you want more than anything in the world? Money? Girls? A nice house to retire in?"
Lord Butts

Postby Littlemankitten » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Pandora knew something was wrong for a while now. She had felt the air change, and watched the mist form around her as she walked down the street. It was wrong, she didn't know how it was it just WAS. When the moon and sky started turning red, she suspected someone had released some sort of neurotoxic gas into the atmosphere, and that this was the end for her. She continued to suspect that when everyone had started getting that blank stare look, and she waited for something to happen to her. Already coming to terms with death. Nothing happened. On her end at least. At least, nothing she noticed as her mind raced to figure out what on earth was happening. Was she injected with some kind of drug? Was the gas theory correct and now she's in some sort of weird dreamland? She pinched herself to make sure. Well, pain is still a thing. All her senses seemed perfectly normal. She continued to run a quick self-diagnostics check on vital parts. Heartbeat was fine, breathing is fine. She was fine. She did feel a little different somehow though she couldn't quite place it.

All her thoughts about herself abruptly stopped. Her sister. Was she ok? Shit she had to find her. What were her hours? Was she still working? Yes, maybe. Pandora couldn't remember. That sent a flash of panic down her, she always memorized her sisters hours and schedule, in case something where to happen, but now, she couldn't remember. Well, only one way to find out. Pandora did a quick 180 and ran straight for the Council building. She needed to find a weapon as well, she was caught in a bad spot, one of the very few times she was unarmed. She didn't know what was happening, but right now all she cared about making sure her sister was safe.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay