Red City

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Red City

Postby mrblah » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:32 am

July 7th, 06:00 PM

It was but another day for most people. Exactly 6 PM, just at the edge of the afternoon as the evening rolls in. The sky was just beginning to darken, and soon, it will be night. Unbeknownst to most of the people in Tokyo, this is when a specific phenomena will occur. Few are prepared for it, and many more will be taken by the incoming storm. But that is neither here, nor there. In this particular occurrence, only a specific important few shall have the spotlight. And thus, here is where our tale begins. Already, the signs of the phenomena's manifestation were noticeable. A mist was beginning to settle in, and those particularly sharp-eyed would notice certain colors appearing a tad bit more vibrant.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

To all players: This is 3 hours before the Red City manifests. Your characters are going about their normal day with whomever, if anyone at all. The real action will begin once everyone's done their thing, so probably the GM post after the GM post after this.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Re: Red City

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 am

Wearing her cap, beanie shorts, black T-shirt with a moss green west was Wakino Shika, spending some of her money at the Arcade, rocking the dance machine. Her day working at the cafe had been stressful that day and she needed to unwind, so she had taken the liberty to show of her dance skills to others while also having fun trying to beat some ridiculous high-score. Now, on her third try, she had finally gotten the hang of the machine and it's tempo, beginning to draw small crowd with her dancing and score that was beginning to reach the same digits as the high score. She was blissfully unaware of the events to come, all that was going through her head was that she was glad her house was nearby as she would likely be exhausted once she decided to stop dancing at the arcade.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Reaver » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:39 am

Just another day, one that wasn't even that different from most of his other days. Darius found himself in the kitchen of his modest home in the suburbs, preparing his dinner like he always did. His stomach was already rumbling, an appetite well stoked from participating in the Kendo club after-school. The memory brought a small smile to his lips as he thought about the event and in particular how one of the club members had confessed her affection for him while they were putting the equipment away. She spoken about how she had admired him for a while now, that he made it worth getting out of bed every day just to see him, and that she wanted nothing more than to be by his side for the rest of her life.

"Poor girl." He said aloud as he flipped the salmon he was cooking in the pan. He hadn't reciprocated her feelings then, nor did he plan to but he wasn't about to break her heart anytime soon. Hopefully, in time someone else would become her target of infatuation so he wouldn't have to hurt her feelings and stunt her development as a good person. "Hopefully, but that's a problem for another day." Muttering as he slid the salmon onto a plate and carried it into his study.

"And you're still today's problem." Darius said as he placed the plate down on the desk of his study as he stood over his practice saber. After the last bout, he had partaken in a week ago, the alignment had been slightly off and today he had sworn to fix it finally. He hadn't even changed out of his blue button-up and black slacks as he took a bite after every few tweaks. It almost seemed back to where he preferred it but, "I"m not going to know until I find someone to help me test it...." Stroking his beard as he considered his options.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby KnightVanilla » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:36 am

The work and feel of the cafe wasn't too uncomfortable. The only problems was keeping up the bubbly attitude with the dinner rush. Such things weigh down on you when a single bad step could overwhelm the less experience. Mari had already spent some time picking up the slack of her co-workers. Those that have yet to label an identity to their displays of customer service. The customers varied from students, corporate workers, and the ones that spent the most money... The otakus. Maria had shared a similar interest in such things as well, but was keen to share it with those in her inner circle. Although she may not have the energy she would had originally have by the time she leaves work... The cafe was scheduled to close at midnight after all and a few of her regular fans were starting to arrive to.

Taking a breather within the kitchen as the food preps for her most recent batch of customers, Maria begins to wonder how her family is doing back home. She had been buying a few Japan only products and foods to send back to her family and they often worried her with the struggling nature of daily life in the homeland. Despite the thoughts she takes a deep breath and attempts to wear the biggest smile she can. Making her way out with the food and drinks ordered by her customers. As she approaches they all cry out. "Magical Mari Maria!!!" The name was a bit redudant... But it was something her co-workers had introduced when she first started doing magic tricks for the customers. As to her dismay... It stuck with her for the rest of her career here.

Tricks and magic made her a favorite maid amongst many of the cafe. Knowing the art of sleight of hand all to well as well as a few maneuvers to reverse her bondages onto her customers for a few laughs for everyone. Her tan skin made her a rather exotic beauty that brought in customers no matter what time of day she was working. Once she was done here she would have to check on that lazy brother of hers. So far they've been sharing an apartment and he barely pays for anything... It was starting to get on her nerves.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby mrblah » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Time passes... 06:23 PM

The mist steadily rolling in had encompassed most of Tokyo, as it had moved rather quickly. The air was nippy with a touch of cold that shouldn't be during Summer, and a few pedestrians had felt the need to go home and wrap up a bit more. Maybe blame their weatherman. He hadn't mentioned the sudden temperature drop, nor had he the mist.

Wakino Shika

The small crowd around Shika watched and murmured amongst themselves, with some of them focused on the high score her own was getting rather close to. It wasn't showing any signs of stopping, but a few more than a few minutes had passed. It was dark out, and if there was anything she wished to get done before nightfall, maybe now would be a good time.

Darius Spejlbrudte

Darius mulled over his available actions. He could go out for an eventful walk and see if he could find a "willing" participant, but at this time of night, the odds of finding someone not suspicious weren't the highest. Although, does that truly matter? Regardless, the other normal option of finding an inanimate object to test against was always open, as it always is.

Maria Caban

A good chunk of the shift passed by uneventfully. A few more exuberant customers drinking in the magic tricks, a few asking how Maria did it, some newbies who were friends of regulars looking very embarrassed by the behavior of others, but nevertheless enjoying themselves... fairly normal, altogether. One of Mari's more hyper fans waved his arm wildly in her direction, trying to get her attention.
mrblah

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Once more, the song ends and Shika sees that she once again just lost to the previous high score. Noticing the time she steps of the machine, apologizing to her audience and saying that she's all tuckered out for the evening and going home. Once she steps outside she frowns at the midsummer chillies and fog, deciding to hurry it back home to her apartment. Fortunately, it wasn't that far and she was able to get home in just a few minutes. Turning on the heat, she goes into her bathroom and takes a shower. Once that's done, she goes around naked in her apartment, not bothering to put anything on while she's still moist and drying her hair with a towel. Making herself a sandwich, she eats it while turning on the TV to see what's on and sits down in a bean bag she had.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Lord Butts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:29 am

Giovanni sips his coffee, he was expecting a late night, he almost always was. Tonight he had a lot of work to do, little of it was legal, none of it was easy and it would normally leave him sore and unhappy, but ah well, that's the business. But for now he could enjoy his coffee, read his book and relax. This was going to be another boring night of illegal activity, but he wouldn't have it any other way. He couldn't stay at this little cafe much longer though, he didn't want people to recognize him.
Lord Butts

Postby Reaver » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:42 am

His fork sank into the soft flesh of the fish as he continued to mull his choices over. Juices escaped from the holes and pooled in the dish, Darius watching with a modicum of interest. Then again, he also did have papers to finish grading so perhaps indulgence should wait. He started to twist the fork, the metal slowly rending the meat as it moved through the malleable meat.

"A little now, a lot later." Coming to a decision before taking the plate and the practice saber then heading towards his basement. One of the reasons he had bought this house was that it had been built with a secure bomb shelter in the basement. It hadn't helped the original inhabitants, but it was useful to Darius in keeping his victims, and right now it was currently occupied by one. "I made you some dinner, salmon. I don't know about you, but I still want you in moderately good shape." Speaking casually as he walked down the steps. A couple of days ago she would have started screaming the second he opened the door in a vain attempt at attracting help, but now either the training had sunken in or she just didn't have the energy this time, he'd give her benefit of the doubt and assume the latter based on how rigorous he had been in their last session.

"I'll untie you so you can eat and use the bathr-...." Darius' words falling short before he chuckled at the bottom step. She was asleep, her breathing calm and even for once, no screams, no crying. Darius quietly laid the plate on the floor before circling her and the chair she was tied to, to make sure she hadn't gotten loose and was feigning for a chance to escape; not that it would help since her ankle was also chained to the floor. The knotwork was all still tight and connected, confirming it as he finished circling her and came back to face her sleeping and tied form. She was a lovely thing, like most of the ones he chose; young, not stupid, and had some spirit. He remembered the first time he had given her a chance to leave if she could beat him in a fencing bout after she had lost she had instantly asked for a rematch despite the welts and bleeding wounds. Such a strong girl that had tried to channel the betrayal and pain into focused anger, now almost completely broken.

"Not much use in keeping you alive much longer." He whispered to her sleeping form while running a hand up the length of his sabre. "I'm sure your parents will want closure since you've been missing for almost a month now and I rather not have you keep taking up my time. I do have to make tests to make for next week's chapter exam. It's going to be on Kant's moral philosophy, although between you and me, I've always rejected the idea of the Categorical Imperative, but then again I'm trying to improve the future generation, not myself, so it's good material for them to learn. Hmmm....." A hand slowly moving the strands of hair that were covering her face.

"I suppose I'll let you sleep a little longer. I'm loathe to ruin such a beautiful scene. In the mean time I'll prepare something interesting to try when you wake up." Moving his hand away before the sensations could wake her, then almost skipping in delight towards his tool rack that held various hardware tools, kinds of rope and a few knives. There was quite the selection to choose from, it was almost a shame that he still had papers to grade and couldn't spend the whole night having fun.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:23 am

The repeated itself like every day before it. The routine was hard to ignore as she even had tables already prepared for a few of her regular customers. With how this rush was coming along she walked rather fast back into the kitchen to collect the food needed for the customers. Looking to see only twenty three minutes had passed. "Just two hours and thirty minutes and I can finally head home...." She said with a sigh as she grabbed the food and wore her smile as she left the kitchen. Bring out that magical girl positivity she had with her.

Ever since her brother has arrived lived here he has been a bit of a strain on her resources, but lately friends of his have been attempting to get him to find some more appropriate work for his talents. From what she heard of his friends they had originally disapproved of her, but their tunes changed rather quickly upon meeting her. Quite the rare sight for both her brother and his friends she decided to play the role of Magical Mari. The faces they had and their reaction was pure comedy. Maria kept focusing on those thoughts as she worked knowing that some of her brother's friends may visit her on her last couple hours of work.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby mrblah » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:10 am

Time passes... 6:30 PM?

The sun was still high in the sky when it happened. A sudden shift, and the day passed by in the blink of an eye to nightfall. Yet, it appeared as if this fact was going unnoticed by the general population, oddly enough... The other previous oddities that were only noticeable to the most observant had disappeared entirely, and to all, it looked like a normal night in Tokyo. A bit colder than expected, however. The city was still lit with various lights, showing that a good number of people were still active. Cars still drove by on the road, men and women still walked the streets, doing their business as they need to.

An alarm clock went off in a sleeping woman's bedroom as the clock ticked to 9:00 PM. And at this moment, everything and everyone in all of Japan froze. A thrown ball paused in mid-air as a dog reached up to bite it, a few fallen papers stopped falling as an office worker hurriedly reached over to grab it, a child and his mother walking on the street ceased activity the very moment the rest of everyone else did. And in the next moment when they resumed walking, the child's expression of happiness and the mother's content serenity washed away to show a blank face conveying no noticeable emotion, the rest of the people around them undergoing a similar process. The sky turned red, and within it, the full moon shined down a luminous blood red light upon the ground below, it's light only shaded by the few reddish clouds that would pass by it.

The only ones who'd notice all of this would be a specific group of individuals, with seemingly little in common. These people would react in various different ways, from fear, to annoyance, to interest, and even joy. And so, the phenomena makes it's next touch upon the world.

Wakino Shika

The event occurring outside hadn't had much effect on what was going on in Shika's apartment, just a brief flash of darkness as if she had blinked. The show she was watching changed to an entirely different one in this time-span, something which surely wasn't supposed to happen... unbeknownst to her, night had fallen. Any device that could tell time would read 9:00 PM, and any words displayed NOT digitally would simply fade away, as if it were never there. Even stranger still, all of the people in the new show she was watching had blank expressions on their face, as if they were asleep with their eyes open.

Darius Spejlbrudte

Down in his basement, Darius couldn't tell what was happening above ground. Much like many others, he too had experienced a flash of darkness that went as quickly as it came, and much like everyone else, he simply chalked it up to him having blinked. Although, any words not digital within the vicinity disappeared, and he had a subtle feeling as if something was very much amiss. The sounds of his guest's soft breathing had muted entirely, but they otherwise appeared to be just as they were before.

Maria Caban

It was as if she blinked; a flash of darkness that went as soon as it came. A strange feeling of vertigo hit Maria, causing her to drop the plate she had in her hands. It fell down silently, until it made contact with the floor beneath it. None took heed of this, as they were all seemingly in some form of shared trance. Her fellow employees had blank expressions on their faces, yet they continued along with their work as if there was nothing going on. Her customers were under the same effects, of course. Some trapped in what appeared to be a conversation, yet the only sound coming from their mouths being some form of gibberish that seemed impossible to decipher. And through the windows of the diner, red light flowed into the room, seeming sinister to any conscious to notice it. Naturally, the words on any menu or similar were erased without a trace. Unless it was digital.

Giovanni Hector De Luca

The moment Giovanni put his cup down on the table, a flash of darkness took his vision momentarily, only to give it back not even a second after. Like a quick blink. And in this quick blink, everything around him seemed to... change. His fellow customers all seemed to have blank expressions on their face, and a passing by waitress seemed to lose all sense of cheer. It was a bit eerie, honestly. Giovanni also felt... weird. As if something important about himself (regarding his body) had changed in that very blink. He didn't feel sick or anything, but he felt... changed. It was hard to explain, but perhaps he should investigate this mysterious feeling.
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Giovanni blinks, adjusting her tie and wiping any coffee residue from her mouth. "That was...strange." she says aloud, gasping as a feminine voice leaves her mouth. She looks around to the other cafe patrons. None of them looked right. Dull vacant zombies, but that gave Giovanni an idea. She would go to the nearest one and wave a hand over their face, if they didn't seem to react at all she would say: "Hello?" shuddering a bit as she said it, and if that also garnered no response then she would attempt to pick the persons pocket. If this went smoothly she would try the same with everyone in the cafe. She only wished it had been more busy. As for her physical change, well, business came first.
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:19 am

Shika, blinked in surprise as the program she was watching changed. Trying to go back to the channel she was watching, she became confused as it just brought her back to the same thing. Noticing the odd behavior of the people, she begins flipping through channels, noticing how they were all the same. Confused at the oddity, she takes out her phone and is surprised to see the time being 9:00 PM. Coming to the conclusion that she had simply dozed off, since it was the only logical explanation for the program and time being different to a little while ago, she just sighs and decides that maybe she should go to bed. However, a quick glimpse of her window makes her pause before walking over to it and seeing everything being bathed in red light from an unnaturally red moon shining down from the skies. Creeped out, Shika backs away from the large window. Looking around, she begins looking around for other things that are out of place, noticing that all books are missing titles, as well as the text inside of them. Deciding to call one of her friends from work, she once again takes out the phone, only to notice that despite at least several minutes having passed since the last time she checked, it was still only 9:00 PM. Frowning, she tries to manually change the time, switching it back to 6:30 PM if she could and then back. Whatever the result, she then calls her friend. "Come on, pick up, this is too creepy." She mutters to herself.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Reaver » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:10 am

"Hm." Darius grunted as he noticed everything go black for a moment. "Maybe I should leave the entertainment for another day?" Figuring he was simply more tired than he realized and had dozed off for a moment or so. Not to mention he still had papers to grade and playing around with the girl would definitely drag on as he lost any sense of time while tormenting her. For tomorrow then.

"I trust you'll be able to hold you bladder until tomorrow? And find a way to eat the food on the plate?" His tone rather jovial as he circled around his prey once. He then crouched, picking up the plate with leftover salmon before depositing the plate on the girl's lap. If she was hungry enough she'd find a way to eat but he wasn't going to Darius couldn't hear the girl's steady breathing anymore so she was probably awake and biting back a stinging retort of her treatment and conditions like she always did. He opted to not goad her into speaking out of turn as he walked up the steps slowly, although he was surprised that she kept quiet as he left; probably just conserving her energy for an escape attempt or the next bout he'd force her to partake in.

"I will miss her once I'm done with her." Giving a small sigh as he locked the basement door and tapping the blunt tip of his saber against the palm of his other hand. "Spirit, true spirit is so hard to come by these days. Complacency and leisure is definitely lowering my chances of getting the kind of specimen I want. Maybe I'll see if I can get one shipped to me from a foreign country, although.... Strange." His previous words dying on his lips as he noticed the crimson sky through his windows. Hard sciences wasn't Darius' strong suit but even he couldn't even begin to come up with an explanation for what he was seeing now. An eclipsed moon could sometimes end up with a red-ish tinge but even the sky was colored like blood, so that couldn't be it.

"Maybe I died and I'm in hell now." Joking as he made his way towards the front door to go outside and get a better look at the phenomenon.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:29 am

The energy was picking up for sure as she walked in and out as the rush started to pick up for the last off big wave of customers. For sure she would earn enough tips to send her family some real good treats. It was quite troublesome to immigrate here and to help support her family as well as keep herself afloat here was quite troublesome. Despite how often she complained about her brother she did in fact find his presence to ease her mind quite easily. Supporting her in times of stress with the newest series of anime he was into. Walking into the kitchen once more to receive the next set of orders. It was a strange transition as she stepped through the doors blinking to suddenly notice how dark it was outside... and how emotionless everyone seemed. Marie even found it odd she noticed such a strange shift in her surroundings as her gaze shifts to the clock reading 9pm. "Oh boy I better get going. I uh..." The sensation was all too strange all of that energy she had felt around her suddenly dropped to nothing.

She rushes off to say goodbye to her customers. Stepping back out in the dining all as she speaks up loudly as per usual for her routine. "I bid my faithful patron adieu! Until next time, I'll grace all of you with a bountiful spell." Taking a curtsy as she walks back into the kitchen in hopes of grabbing her belongings from her locker quickly so she could rush home to make dinner for both herself and her brother. Stepping outside to finally get a gaze of the sky to almost freeze in place... Red?! Uh a Red sky?!? Maybe it was a hallucination from working too hard? She tries to reason with herself as she begins walking back to her apartment.

Just in case it's best to ask brother... just a second set of eyes to know for sure I'm not hallucinating or going crazy.
KnightVanilla

Postby mrblah » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Wakino Shika

Perhaps surprisingly considering the novelty of the situation, Shika's able to change the time to 6:30. There appears to be no changes in her situation, however. Her phone rings and rings, time moving on as it did, giving the illusion that perhaps this friend wouldn't pick up. Such suspicions are soon verified by her friend's voicemail message playing, thankfully sounding rather unaffected by the strange monotone melancholy that seems to have swallowed up everyone on TV. Still, the call didn't get through. This friend from work's either tied up or... they're under the same spell everyone else is.

Darius Spejlbrudte

Darius left his home, taking a step outside past his doorway. Now without any filter for the phenomena, the strangeness of it all is far more apparent and unnatural. The sky truly was completely red, from the moon to even the clouds. There were no noticeable stars out, but it seems likely that they would also be red, like the moon. The night was silent, which wasn't too strange for the suburbs, but was for Ikebukuro. The streets were clear of any signs of life, from passing cars to small critters running around. No ambient sound whatsoever. Hell seems to be a rather quite and somewhat peaceful place.

Maria Caban

Walking down the streets, Maria could now see that the red sky wasn't the only anomaly. Akihabara's usually vibrant and cheery atmosphere seemed to have been totally replaced by a creepy feeling with a sinister undertone. She then noticed that a sign she was familiar with had been missing all of it's words. It was something she'd often pass by on her way back to her home, and now it seemed to have been heavily altered. There were still quite a bit of people around, but she could tell that they were exactly like her co-workers and customers in the cafe. Emotionless, as if they were all sleep-walking with their eyes open.

[ENCOUNTER ROLL. ROLLING D20... 13, SUCCESSFUL ENCOUNTER.]

She passed by an alleyway, chancing a glance in it to see someone unlike all the others. It was a tall average looking man, who seemed to be crouched down, hugging himself as he muttered something incomprehensible. It was quite clear that he was terrified of his situation and was having trouble coping. He hasn't noticed Maria yet, and he appears to be unarmed.

Giovanni Hector de Luca

Waving her hand in front of their face garnered no noticeable response, and Giovanni continued with her plan. The person whose pockets she was picking didn't appear to be the wealthiest, and this suspicion was verified when she pulled out their meager wallet. Just a couple bucks and some change... though, looking closely at the yen note she pulled out of the person's wallet; it was also altered by the strange happenings around. It was missing all the usual traces of kanji, making it look rather fake and unacceptable. Giovanni then picked everyone else's pockets meticulously, each and everything she pulled from their wallets seeming unusable and fake. It was a good plan, but it appeared to be a bust...
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:31 am

Giovanni curses softly under her breath. "Ah well, at least I know it worked." she thinks to herself as she walks outside. She puts her hands in her pockets and starts to walk home in Asakusa. Figuring out what happened to her body would do her no good in a public restroom. She would need to get home, regroup and prepare. She had a suspicion of course, higher voice, softer more slender arms and hands, higher center of balance. It all added up. Of course she knew she hadn't changed all the way, it would take some investigation to know exactly how much happened, again, not something for a public restroom. She rolls the rings on her fingers subconsciously. She knew she didn't live in the best part of town. She liked it that way. If someone tried to mug her she could easily take them...At least she used to be able to, now she wasn't sure, given that her balance would be off.
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Shika swears to herself before going to her bedroom where she gets dressed. Putting on a jacket, she pockets her phone and is about to leave before she decides to take with her her two knives, concealing them. She also takes with her her pills and cigarettes and lighter. She also makes sure not to forget her wallet before leaving and locking the door before going outside, cautiously making her way through the streets, back towards the cafe she worked at.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Wakino Shika

As she stepped outside, the oddness of the situation fully comes into light. Shika noticed the full effects of the strange happenings that seem to be prevalent in her area, especially as a man walked down from the other side of the street, passing her by. His face was just as dull and emotionless as everyone else was on the TV. He didn't seem to notice her at all, and he eventually turned the corner, out of sight. How strange...

[ENCOUNTER ROLL. ROLLED A 19. SUCCESS.]

As she's turning the corner, she hears the sound of panicked footsteps rushing in her direction, coming from the direction she had just been walking down. Out of the corner of her eye, she spots someone quickly getting closer. It was a young man, well-dressed, with a pair of glasses over his eyes. He was too far for her to see his expression, but she could imagine that he had a fearful look on his face. He was still fairly far, allowing for her to give a response to his presence.

Giovanni Hector de Luca

Now outside, Giovanni gets to experience the full brunt of the situation. It was just as one would expect, but nonetheless surprising and creepy. The moon's red gaze cast shadows down below, that if one were to look in a certain way, appeared to dance and twirl. The dancing shadows sent a shiver down her spine for some inexplicable reason, as if it were the most unnatural thing in this situation.

[ENCOUNTER ROLL. ROLLED A 20. CRITICAL SUCCESS!]

Giovanni had arrived to Asakusa, officially entering the area in record time. On her way to her home, she spotted a familiar person in the middle of her usual path. He was a tall man, about 6'0, with slick black hair that he most certainly took good care of. He was dressed in a black suit, and a cigarette was lit in his mouth to complete the look of a man in some dangerous business. Even moreso, his eyes seemed to have a consistent glare that would have any weak-willed person shaking in their boots. He glanced up as Giovanni approached, and made eye contact with her. He took the cigarette out of his mouth, dropping it down onto the floor and putting it out. Giovanni instantly recognized this man as her Yakuza business partner and main contact, Yamikaze Taro.

"Thought you'd be walking down this road, if you weren't like all the other zombies about." His deep voice had a sardonic undertone to it, indicating the amusement he found in the situation, though his neutral expression and sharp glare remained on his face. "Good to see you're not weird too, Giovanni."
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Giovanni runs fingers through her long hair, sighing. "I wouldn't say I'm totally normal either, the last time we met I didn't have breasts." she says with a slight smirk. She rolls her shoulders and looks around the street. "Any idea what's going on? Is this some sort of ancient Japanese curse or ritual or something? In my home the moon doesn't turn to blood often,and the money doesn't turn to useless paper." She takes a wad of the cash she had pocketed earlier and throws it into the air. She looks at him. "You seem totally unaffected now that I think about it, you didn't happen to cause this, did you?"
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:10 pm

"Oi, you there? what's the rush? You know what's going on around here?" Shika asks with a shout in the man's direction as she waves with her arms to catch his attention. She could understand that he might be a little bit freaked out, after all, she was as well. Finding someone who wasn't was a godsend at this point. Making herself known to him would certainly turn out to be beneficial. If not possible to figure out what happened, they would at least be able to work together to survive in this crazy new world they had found themselves in.
Fantasy Fanatic

Next

Return to Roleplay