Tales of Luxaria (IC)

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Tales of Luxaria (IC)

Postby Voff » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:52 pm

Fenrir's bones started their familiar cracking and popping sounds as he turned back to his human form now that the fight was over. He watched the black smoke disappear on the winds satisfied that there were two less demons in the world. He gave one of the heaps of ash a good kick scattering it before mounting and preparing to continue his journey.

When he finally reached the city he was more happy to get about his task. The fight on the road had stirred his blood and he was ready to deal with these cultists. In a pleasant coincidence the guards seemed to recognize that he was of the Knights. "Yes that's correct. I am responding to a request by the council". He dismounts when he is requested to follow the guard. "Can do, but I'd appreciate it if we can stop by the stables on our way to hand of my mount", he said to the guard.

He thanked the guard as he left then approached the lamia and the dragon. "That would be correct. I'm assuming I'm here on the same grounds as my colleague here. So what's the plan so far? Do we know where these cultist are located, and what their plans are?" He studied the two beastfolk in front of him to try and get a read on them.
Voff

Postby Firehead » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:00 am

Kurth looked over the map. It didn't sound like it'd be an easy climb, but it would allow him to skip floor 1 and come into floor 2 from an unexpected direction. With great care, and a little luck, he might be able to use the walls for cover and slip up to floor 3 without being noticed at all.

He notices Servia getting closer as she talks her shoulder giving his own a meaningful touch offering to teach him something of their deity's blessings. His lip curled as he imagined what blessings she was thinking of. "My my, we get paid, and I can experience the blessings your group has to offer. Who am I to refuse such an offer?"

He stands up rolling up the map just in case. "Any chance you'd have some climbing gear I could borrow?" Either way, he'd excuse himself if there was nothing else and begin his journey back to the city.
Firehead

Postby RavenLord » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:20 pm

The first instinct Max had when she realized they weren't alone was to draw her sword and get ready to fight off an ambush. Fortunately the expected ambush didn't happen. Whoever was hiding seemed to content allowed her and sparrow to pass by unmolested. Max decided to indulge them and kept walking, acting as if she didn't hear anything.

Max instantly recognized Lancer, having served alongside him and many others during the days when kingdom still stood. Lancer was one of her seniors that Max both admired and respected. Knowing that he was here came as a relief to her. Returning the senior knight's salute Max lost no time following him inside.

When Max saw Princess Caledonia, she was heartened, glad to find the princess safe and sound. The knight was surprised however, when princess rushed her, asking about Esther and Olivia. Max made to catch her when the princess stumbled. Fortunately Lancer was quicker and caught her before she fell. Seeing princess so distraught with worry over his sisters pained Max though the knight didn't let it show.

Her attention shifted back to Lancer as the senior knight called his name. "We can leave as soon as you and the princess get ready. I am not leaving without either of you sir." Max replied to his question before turning her attention back to the princess. "But before that, i have something for Lady Caledonia." the knight said as she approached the princess.

"I am sorry Princess but sadly i am in the dark about Lady Olivia as much as you are. However your youngest sister, Lady Eshter is safe and sound, that i can tell you. She is currently waiting for you back at the Starlight Headquarters and is eager to be reunited with you." Max spoke gently to the princess, looking her in the eye. Even as she took out the brooch Princess Eshter had given her her eyes did not leave the princess's own. She gently placed the dove brooch in Princess Caledonia's hands. Only after then Max turned her attention back to Lancer.

"That however is the only good news i can give you. And what is worse, i believe the enemy is near and the princess is no longer safe here." Max said, turning serious once more.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby Mark3000 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:22 am

Kurth Fleetfoot

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

"I'm glad to hear you accept my offer." Servia said giving you a kiss on the cheek with her serpentine tongue. "I will have my students bring you the necessary gear and prepare a meal for you before you leave for the mission. I wish you the best of luck Kurth. Our order is depending on you." she said as the lamia left the tent.

In a few minutes, two Ouroboros acolytes returned with a grappling hook (+3 To Climb Roll) and a pair of strap-on spikes for your feet (+3 to Climb Rolls, -2 to Stealth Rolls). They also brought you a plate of assorted fruits and vegetables from the surrounding area.

Once you had your fill, the two acolytes lead you out of the camp and back to town to begin your mission. Once you were close, one of the acolytes pointed towards the temple and a small path in the forest. "This path should lead you behind the temple"

Fenrir Ursa & Eleneir the Dragon Mage:

As Fenrir and Eleneir sit, Lila takes a sip from a small mug. "Would you like anything to drink?" She asks as she lays back in the small meeting room.

"Now for the mission. There are two parts to it. First, we need you to protect the Jewel which rests at the top of this temple. If the Order of Ouroboros get their hands on it, their's no telling the damage they could do with it. It's an artifact said to have been created by Jörmungandr herself. Second, we would like your help finding the cultist's camp. We have been close but every time we move in, they escape. While protecting the jewel takes precedence, if we could put an end to these cultist once and for all would be a great service."

Elisa Laveau Vs. Maximillian von Hohensarch

Hawk seemed shocked for a moment by the plan. But then a slick smile crossed his face. He grabbed Elisa's arm. "I've run a few cons in my day but we only get one shot at this." Hawk said as he began to grope the Dhampir's chest. "Gotta make it look real." He said with a grin"

Meanwhile in the small house, Caledonia seemed relieved to hear of her sister's safe journey. When Maximillian give the princess the brooch, she hugs it close to her chest. "I can't believe she kept this through all the chaos. When the three of us were separated, we gave each other a gift we would return to the other once we meet again. I gave this Brooch to Eshter and in turn she gave a pearl necklace to Olivia. Olivia gave this to me." As Caledonia finished, she pulled out a silver ring with an immaculate design.

Just as you are about to leave you hear a scream outside the hut. Lancer points to Sparrow and Lady Caledonia. "You two stay back, myself and Dame Maximillian will check the window." The two follow his command as the two knights check the pathway.

Outside you can see a man on top of a woman assaulting her.

Elisa Deception Roll [Wis]: 17 + 4 + 2 (Rank 2: Manipulation) = 23
Hawk Deception Roll [Wis]: 8 + 3 = 11
Caledonia Perception Roll [Wis]: 6
Maximillian Perception Roll [Wis]: 18 + 4 = 22
Lancer Perception Roll [Wis]: 12 + 0 = 12

As Maximillian and Lancer watch the scene unfold, Max begins to realize that things don't add up about the man attacking the woman. It seemed Lancer was picking up the same bad feeling from the man either. But neither of you could deny the woman was in real distress, especially Lancer.

"My goodness! That's horrible." You both look behind you to see the princess covering her mouth in horror. "We have to save that poor woman before it's too late." She says, almost as if commanding them to go assist the woman outside. Lancer seems ready to attack the suspicious looking man. Though it seemed both were waiting for any additional comments.
Mark3000

Postby Voff » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Accepting a mug of mead Fenrir nodded to their host. "Ok, we need to deal wtih this. Getting rid of the cult might be necessary, but I figure getting that jewel would leave them impotent. Hey if I deal with that jewel this dragon lady can deal with the rest hopefully", he looked over the two beast people, "look something has to be done. We need to end them, but the jewel is the source of their power". The situation burned within him. The fight previously had set a fire within him and Fenrir needed to find a demon to slaughter.
Voff

Postby Firehead » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:48 am

Kurth smiled as the Lamia gave him the kiss. "Well, I won't lose much by seeing what you have to show. I'll be back with your artifact as quick as I can." He watched the sway of her tail as she slithered out of her tent almost tempted to nose around her belongings once he was alone, but he keeps his manners. He whistled a little awkwardly as he was left to his own devices until the acolytes arrived, but they didn't leave him for too long before they arrived carrying some climbing gear and food. It was far better than the trail rations he'd had on the way, so he made sure to have his fill. "Thanks for the food and the tools. I'll make sure to put this to good use." He said as he found room for it in his pack; not much point in putting the shoes on until he was at the base of the cliff.

Once he was outside and been given directions towards the back of the tower he gave a lighthearted salute to the guards. "Perfect, if things go well, they'll never even realize I was there." He crouched down and began to skulk along the path getting himself in the right frame of mind for sneaking about once he arrived at this tower of theirs.
Firehead

Postby Mark3000 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Kurth Fleetfoot

You sneak through the forest, easily avoiding the city guards. It doesn't take long for you to reach the cliff Servia pointed out before on the map.

Climbing Roll (Difficult, STR): Natural 20

You climb the cliff so fast its almost as if you don't even need the equipment. Touching down on the ground, you immediately hid behind a pillar on the second floor. You could hear the footsteps of a few temple guards walking around the inner section of the room.

Fenrir Ursa

As one of the temple guards take Eleneir to discuss finding the enemy camp. Lila moves to your side. "Here let me guide you to the Sacred Chamber. It's located at the top of the tower." She says as she guided you to the second floor.
Mark3000

Postby Firehead » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Kurth was glad he'd been careful on his approach to the cliff considering there was some guard even if they were relatively sparse. Coming to the bottom of the cliff, Kurth put on the boots and pulled out the grappling hook. As he climbed though, he found a rather convenient path of places to put his hands and feet making the climbing gear feel unnecessary.

Climbing into the second story window, he quickly ducked behind a pillar and removed the foot spikes before the gave him away clacking against the floor. He heard some of the guards walking their route and began to move south towards the wall when he was sure no one was looking his direction. The stair up had a pillar that blocked them from the view of most of the room. He just needed to wait for no one to be looking at them.
Firehead

Previous

Return to Roleplay