Ark Tribe Survival

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Ark Tribe Survival

Postby RavenLord » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:55 pm

He was first to react, climbing the rocks to investigate the source of sound. Man hadn't expected to find another human there. He had assumed his group were the only humans on this land though having that assumption broken was both relieving and concerning. As he looked at this new stranger, he realized he was similar to them, naked and lost. Some part of him was suspicious of the stranger. After all the stranger hadn't been there with them when they awoke. It was possible he might be different. Yet, those suspicions were pushed away. It was more likely the stranger was like them. The man was proven right when the stranger noticed them and begun to talk.

"Hello? Can you hear me? Please, where am I?" the stranger called out to them.

"Greetings friend. We can hear you well enough." he answered, stepping forward.

"I am Karn and these are Eve, Skye and Lina." he introduced himself and the women standing beside him, pointing to each girl in turn as he spoke their names.

"As for where you currently are, i am afraid i can't say for we too have woken up on this foreign land only few hours ago, with our memories damaged. I guess the same is true with you? Can you remember your name or anything about your past?"
Last edited by RavenLord on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby Meep Meepersons » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:44 am

Agora's eyes widen as her mind is flooded with information that seemed to be coming from her now glowing implant. Watching it light up seemed to flood her mind with information, images of items and how to make them pop up in her head, and when she focused, the knowledge seemed to stay longer. Figuring her current known skills/talents, she decided to go with the club, an object mainly for rendering other living things unconscious. Focusing on it hard she manages to sear the teaching from the implant into her mind, remembering all she needs to know to craft this useful tool. Rubbing her chin, she wondered how she'd get the proper piece of wood without a tool, then she looked at her hands and sighed. All she had was her hands. "This could hurt...." With a sigh she began looking around for hopefully some good wood already in a usable form along the sandy beach, but found nothing. She searched a while but finally decided to go with the lest pleasant method. Walking up to the nearest washed up log she managed to find a branch of the right size and shape to be used as a club, unfortunately, the branch wasn't gunna come off just cause she wanted it to. Sighing she rubs her hands together. "Well...Here we go!" She exclaims, clasping her hands to the branch. Next she takes her naked foot and starts to kick the branch at it's base, applying pressure with her hands, trying to snap and pry the branch off the washed up log. After several minutes of particularly painful work, she managed to get the branch off of the log! Happy days! Letting out a heavy, breathy sigh, she wipes her abrased hand across her forehead and inspects the piece of wood she just acquired, rolling it around in her hands before nodding. This wood was juuuust right. With a bit of humming she wondered over to some berry bushes to not only eat some berries at random, save for the white and black ones of course, but also to gather up some plant fiber to shred and weave into a comfortable grip for her new club she's about to make! Spending some more time gathering a bit of extra fiber and some other berries, using some leaves to hold the extra berries, she decides to get started! First, she would grind down the sharp part made from breaking the branch off the log on a big rock, then she uses the fibers gathered, weaving them into a supple rope and tentatively and firmly wrapping it all around the smaller end of her branch, forming a splendid beating stick! After however long it takes her to craft her little beating stick, she raises it above her head in triumph. "Done! Now to test it." She says with an evil grin, plopping the fat end of her club into her free left hand as she wonders up to the nearest Dodo bird and swats at its head with her newly crafted club!
Meep Meepersons

Postby Leon Glacia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:27 am

"All I know is that my name's..." He hesitated for a moment, wondering whether or not he should reveal his true name. On one hand, I will gain more of their trust. On the other hand, if they know me and for some reason have a grudge, it can only hurt me. "My name's Tyrant as far as I remember." By using his last name, he hoped to avoid any problems. He slowly began climbing the rock, hoping to get closer to the group. It felt natural to be cautious, almost like second nature.
Leon Glacia

Postby An Ying Hu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Eve followed after Karn, slower in her climbing due to her limited physical strength. She eyed the stranger with the same caution the other was showing them -why was he alone? the question came to her upon the obvious sight. She remained a small distance behind as Karn introduced her along with the others, and then the stranger mentioned his own name.. or was it a nickname?

She was about to open her mouth and speak when it happened. The glow in her wrist springing a gasp from her throat as her mind was flooded with alien visions.. no, not alien, this was.. her. The contrast between the light of the beach and what was unlocked in her was too confusing, so she shut off her eyelids and focused. There was a factsheet about her.. or so she assumed. She had no way of knowing if most of that was true, and she felt no inclination to dwell on those meaningless words. There was something that drove her deeper, beyond the surface and into what she could only recognize as part of the knowledge she cherished. Images, sounds, tastes, touches, smells.. and the tidy strings that accompanied them - feeling peripherical to the core of her experience, but she struggled to draw them in, regardless. Cinnamomum camphora, papaver somniferum, mentha, nicotiana tabacum, artemisia maritma, thymus vulgaris.. she shook her head. These were all plants, but what did they mean? The question flared another name - Borneol, not a plant, but something else - not a direct answer, but an example. She saw a pine tree bleeding resin, flowing with an almost graceful movement on..

"I knew it!" she found herself exclaiming moments after she had let everything sink in. Forgetting where she stood at the moment, she walks over to Karn and presses her small hand against his muscular shoulder. "Plants. They aren't just things you can eat - they make numerous chemical compounds for photosynthesis, hormone functions, regeneration, defence.." she flashes a wide smile to Karn, but more to herself, she felt as if she was in tune with a part of herself again. "We can extract them with the proper tools and they have effects on us when ingested or applied to the skin - so that means natural medicines could be obtained from.. as well as stimulants. One just has to know what to gather and prepare, or else they could be toxic.. and I think I just remembered how." She explains, her smile fading slowly before she looks around and clears her throat, blushing the slightest bit as she realized she had gotten carried away in front of a potentially dangerous stranger.
An Ying Hu

Postby berserkerhorn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Skylark suddenly winces and screams as her head begins to hurt from within. She sees images fly by her closed eyes and her pain turns to rage. With her newly induced rage, she focuses on the one thing in her past that mattered and that was her spear. "Why the fuck am i making this rope if i don't have a use for it!" she ushers through clenched teeth trying to fight off the headache. She tries to focus on gettting back to the present and lo and behold, it works. This time, she has knowledge of how to make a spear along with the knowledge of how to make plant fiber string.

She quickly looks around to make sure nobody was looking at her and begins scouring the nearby area for supplies that would actually make a spear.
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby lilbooth » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:41 am

Kattie reached down and pulled up on the creatures chin, looking at its eyes carefully. "I'm gonna call you Amber." She said, as she gave the lizard a quick scratch under its jaw. Kattie slowly rises to her feet as the alien material in her wrist begins to pulse glow. Her eyes lose focus on the lush flora for a short time and a subtle ringing tone finds its way to the base of her skull. Soon the light ringing became a raging inferno and her vision was clouded with sparks of red and orange flame. Though there was no fear within the flames, deadly and dangerous as they may be. When the fire finally left her eyes she gazed back towards her wrist. Wood, tinder, stone, flint, all of these words filled her mind and somehow she knew exactly what she was to do next. Bundled into the knowledge of the flame came the means to obtain it, a crude yet effective tool that could easily gather what she needed. She glanced down at Amber and crouched petting the little reptile. "Would you care to follow me, little one? I think the two of us could look after one another." She asked the affectionate lizard.

With her new knowledge, Kattie was inspired to fashion herself a powerful pickaxe. The plant fibers that she had come across in the berry bushes would be required, as would a heavy and sturdy stick, and finally, a large stone that could be affixed correctly. Once Kattie managed to craft her stone pickaxe she was determined to build a fire. If Agora managed to take down some of those birds, then they could quickly cook them by the fire.
Last edited by lilbooth on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby MelissaB » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:41 am

Leon
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

As you make your choice you're flooded with how to make the item and replicate it, you know you need wood to make the shaft, fibers to make rope and string to bind it together and flint to create the sharp head of the spear. Still you would need to gather the required materials to be able to make it but at least you know what you'll be looking for now.

Ravenlord

Flooded with information you take a moment to gather it all and center yourself, you know you need wood to make the shaft, fibers to make rope and string to bind it together and flint to create the sharp head of the spear for the spears, for the knife you know you need wood for the handle, stone for the blade and once more fibers to make rope to bind it all together. Finally the stone axe, as the information floods your brain. Wood for the handle and shaft, flint for the axe head so it remains sharp and thatch to bind it and create a comfortable grip.

Meep

To make your club you now know you need wood and fiber, one for the club the other to create a comfortable grip you won't get splinters from when using it. Ripping from the wooden drift wood to gather what you need you manage to bruise and cut yourself a plenty by using your unprotected hands to rip and break the branch off, next you begin to use Thatch to wrap around it, stretching the shaft and creating a nice little grip for you to use. The berries meanwhile taste nice and fill you a little, still your hands and feet do hurt a little and each time you clench your fists you wince.

(Strength roll 14+3=17 vs dodo toughness 4-8=-4. win)
Looking around you easily find a dodo, following it's cute calls if annoying after a while before walking right up to it and hitting with your club making it cry out in alarm and pain before it begins to try and waddle away from you are a pace clearly not going to out run you even if you walked. still it's not quite down yet and takes another swing before it lets out a chicken like cry before collapsing, still breathing but very much unconscious.

Items:
Wooden Club, 5 berries

An Ying Hu

Recovering from your excitement you take a moment to acknowledge what you require to make each item you've just learned about, the mortal and pestle you know you need to gather a large about of rock and some animal hide to make it, the stone clearly for the mortar and pestle itself the hide for bags and a clean working surface. The narcotics was rather simple it's a black berry called a Narcoberry and rotten meat, for stimulants you need another berry a white one called a stimberry and sparkpowder to give it something to bind to and make it more filling as it thickens it.

Berserkerhorn

Flooded with how to make the item and replicate it, you know you need wood to make the shaft, fibers to make rope and string to bind it together and flint to create the sharp head of the spear. Still you would need to gather the required materials to be able to make it but at least you know what you'll be looking for now.

(Gathering roll 17+2=19)
You manage to find the required wood though it takes you breaking wood off from a tree, using it's branches and shedding the excess branches and leaves to give you a long piece of wood to use as a base, secondly bushes come in handy for fibers to make rope but you can't find flint though maybe in one of the rocks but you lack anything to mine it with to get the required flint for the spear tip.

Items:
Wood, Fibers, 5 red berries, 2 yellow berries 10 blue berries.

Lilbooth

The stone axe, as the information floods your brain for how to make it and what you'll need is as follows; Wood for the handle and shaft, flint for the axe head so it remains sharp and thatch to bind it and create a comfortable grip so it can be used effectively. As for the campfire you know you'll need wood, stone thatch and flint to make a stable campfire that'll cook whatever food you place upon it evenly enough to be fulfilling without risking your health and the health of others. Back in the world outside of your mind Amber as you've named her chirps at you and begins to follow you, the small creature moving slowly forcing you to slow down a little as you explore in search of your required items to craft yourself a new axe.

(Gathering 14+3=17)
Searching your friendly lizard in toe you manage to find wood to form the handle but like others you had to rip apart a tree or piece of driftwood to get the wood causing you to hurt your hands in the process leaving them with small cuts and bruises before finally managing to get one that would be good enough for the shaft, while doing so you managed to rip pieces of thatch from the wood to craft the binding material and grip for the hilt but also you need flint and there is none lying around and without the proper tools it seems unlikely you could punch rocks until they break pieces of flint free to use as an axe head.

Items: Wood,Thatch, 10 red berries, 3 blue berries.

Everyone

As you all go about your own business you all interrupted by a echoing cry snapping your attention to a descending flying dinosaur, a Pteranodon colored in red, green and brown scales as it's almost bat like wings carries it down as it dives, heading directly for the group exploring his back legs reaching forth to grip before snatching Zukki up from among you taking her screaming and kicking away from you all, flying towards the cliffs and forests, the poor kitsumi screaming and struggling every bat of it's wings as it easily keeps it's ability to fly even with her added weight. As it flies off you can see it's shape slowly begin to get smaller and smaller until you can no longer make it out but you do note it lands on the cliff though the fate of Zukki is unknown but you can't believe it bodes well for her.

An eerie silence over takes you all, you're all stunned and with no way of helping her you're all reminded of how dangerous the place you find yourselves in, just like that one of your group was snatched and taken from you, leaving a void where she was, the area around you is barely even disturbed showing how easy it is for a similar fate to befall any of you. Soon though you've back there together and life around you continues as if nothing had happened perhaps glad it wasn't one of them that got taken by the flying creature.

Statuses:
Eve - Fine, slightly hungry
Karn - Fine, Slightly hungry
Kattie - Slightly hurt(Amber Fine)
Skylark - Slightly Hurt, slightly hungry
Zukki - Missing, Unknown
Leon - Fine
Skye - Fine, slightly hungry
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby berserkerhorn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Skylark shrugs and decides best to look for it in the water surrounding the area for any rocks sharp that might act like flint since water usually had a variety of rocks. Just as she is about to go out of the brush and back onto the beach, the giant pterodactyl decides to swoop down and kidnap Zukki from the face of the planet. She looks on in awe at the spectacular event that has unfolded in front of her. She shudders as she hears the poor kitsumi scream in fear as she goes further off into the distance.

It only takes the mini scratches from the tree and bruises on her arms to snap her back towards the task at hand of looking for flint. She looks at the other two doing their own things. She seems confused as not only was Kattie holding a different sized shaft but Agora was just holding a giant fucking tree branch that was quite splattered with... blood. She looks around and decides the open was not the place to be since the smell of blood could be smelled by predators on this side of the beach drawn by the bigger trex corpse rotting in the sunlight.

She decides to move closer to Kattie simply allowing Agora to stand there with her big club. At least her stick could manage to keep a predator a bit further off than whatever that was. She eats some of the berries in her hand as she feels a bit hungry.

She vanishes back into the bushes to continue to look for that vital thing she needed to actually keep a predator at bay She makes sure to not use her injured hand and uses her shaft to poke around in the brush moving the bushes aside to look for the dark shiny rock
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:34 am

Agora looks over her hands and feet after crafting her club with them and sighs. "Guess I'll need some tools or something if I want to make anymore of these." She says holding up her freshly crafted club, a bit proud of herself for making one having just learned how to do so. With that she wonders off in search of her prey, following the annoyingly cute calls of the wild dodo, then beating it unconscious mercilessly and without remorse. Tapping the fat end of the club into her hand, her brow twitching from the sting. "Well little buddy, sorry but well, girl's gatta eat!" She exclaims before proceeding to bludgeon the poor bird to death via skull clubbing. It didn't matter how many hits it took, she'd keep going until her helpless prey was dead. Once it was, she'd shoulder her club and pick the bird up by it's featherless feet. "It's a good thing these can't fly, would have been bothersome if it could get away from me." She says to anyone happening to listen. She then makes her way back to Katie and her new pet lizard. "Hey, I got us something more substantial to eat then berries!" She says happily, hoisting the bird up in one hand while the club dangles from her other.
Meep Meepersons

Postby Nobudi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:07 am

Skye politely inclined her head upon her introduction, and then things happened so quickly, that she could hardly believe that time had passed at all. One moment, they were greeting a new person they had run across in the middle of nowhere, which told the amnesiac girl that there were probably more people around, and if so, they would probably be in similar positions as they were. Then, the strange thing that was stinging her inside her wrist began to glow, and then she Remembered. Not that she knew who she was or were she had come from, but she had Remembered how to make things. She remembered swimming in cold waters, and making torches to dry herself off before she froze from the cold. There was a memory of saltiness. Drinking from a waterskin to prevent dehydrating after a long day under the water. And fishing, using sharpened stone to kill fish and flay skin from dead animals.

She Remembered, not only using the items, but also how to make such items. They were very useful, but she lacked materials to make the waterskin: animal hide was the sole remaining ingredient lacking in her immediate vicinity. Sticks, grasses to make fibers, and stone could be found in abundance all around her. Flint, a type of rock, would be trickier to find, but among all the rock, it shouldn't be too difficult to identify. But hide, animal hide, was the lacking item. All she saw around her were fauna of scales and scales alone. Perhaps she could use the scaly hides from those creatures? that would take time, and speaking of time...

She didn't even have time to open her mouth before the sound of a giant thumping filled her ears. One moment, Lina was standing there, the next gone. She watched with terror as the young woman with animal ears was taken almost without sound, and a small part of her was a bit thankful that it had not been her. She hurried, gathering as much as she could and attempted to build a stone hunting knife, a torch if she could, and kept an eye out for animals that could perhaps yield hide.
Nobudi

Postby lilbooth » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:37 pm

"That's actually great to hear." Said Kattie as she turned to face Agora. "We need to cook it or cure it before we can eat it. I'm planning to make a fire soon but I need to find some flint. Skylark already seems to be searching for something, hopefully, I can find a source nearby. I'm off to look, stay close if you don't mind." She said as she gave Agora a pleasant smile.

Kattie hefted her new tool and hung it gently over her shoulder. She walked up toward Skylark, watching inquisitively as she poked around with a long stick. "What'ya looking for?" Asked Kattie, peering towards wherever Skylark had her stick pointed.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby An Ying Hu » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:17 pm

She jerked back as the flying dinosaur descended towards them, and watched disturbed as it plucked Lina from the ground in a matter of moments and rose her back into the skies it had come from. Her previous excitement had vanished, leaving only the dread sense of danger in its wake. She had seen the beach as exposed, and accurately so, but these rocks were not any better. In her rush and with the novel experience she had been through, she had omitted that. But it was useless to dwell on blaming herself. "We should get back down. The lower the altitude, the less chance that air predators see us," she spoke mostly in the direction of Skye, as Karn and Tyrant seemed to have gone not only silent, but also still.

Then she proceeded back down from the cliff, as slow with the rocks as she had been in her earlier climb, making a mental note to keep an eye out for suitably small rocks, as well as achromatic berries.
An Ying Hu

Postby RavenLord » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 am

Man only noded in response to the Eve, shock and dismay over losing one of their number so quickly preventing him from vocalizing any words. Instead the man silently followed after Eve, his eyes constantly on his surroundings. This place was dangerous, he had known that, yet he hadn't expected to be confronted with that fact this early. Because of his naivety, they had lost someone to a likely gruesome fate. Wİth this realization, Karn felt shame and guilt for the first time he could ever remember.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Previous

Return to Roleplay