Necromunda: Spirefall

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Necromunda: Spirefall

Postby berserkerhorn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:55 am

Lyz sighs as she walks Down the street. She wants to be mingled in the crowd due hear gossip of anyone trying to boast about their guild or recruit For their guild. She takes her time strolling through once she reaches the edge of the crowd. She makes sure Roman doesn't lose her within the crowd by tugging on his sleeve as she walks next to him.

"So i was wondering... How should i go about getting into a gang?" She asks raising an eyebrow at Roman hoping he'd play along. She did fit the requirement of a "tigress" considering she was female
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby RavenLord » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:24 pm

"Great, because of miss psycho's actions, we made the local's shit-list." Roman grumbles to himself, noticing all the people watching them. "One of the rules of surviving the underhive is not to draw any attention to yourself and that damn mutant has done it with her earlier stunt. How did she even survive this far?" he wonders as he accompanies Lyz. His mood sours further when he realizes that it is going to be a bitch to do anything with hundreds of eyes watching their every move.

Then he beholds Lyz's attempts at gathering information and it takes every ounce of his will not to facepalm. "Holy Emperor." he swears under his breath. His eyes scan his surroundings, trying to spot potential threats before they stop being potential because they have been so subtle up until this point and there is no way locals hasn't realized they are up to no good.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby Gorbaz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:55 pm

The Streets

Walking down the street, people eyeing you both suspiciously, the off-hand comment about getting into a gang hindered rather than helped the situation. A few of those who remained decided to scatter further away, while more still stuck to the shadows, watching carefully. It appeared that nobody on the street was about to volunteer information to a pair of people who had just walked out of a pub so recently ringing with the sound of bolter shells and almost demonic screams. Thankfully, the locals seemed uninterested in starting a fight themselves, although there was no telling if some had snuck away to find someone who could.

Perhaps it would pay dividends to gather information further afield, where that dreadful screech had not been heard.
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby berserkerhorn » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Lyz pouts and moves further down the street before dissipating into an alley. She decides the second best place to look based upon her map. She looks at Roman for support. "Guild market or one of these smaller towns?" Lyz asks. She looks around trying to see if they were bring tailed by any spies.
berserkerhorn

Postby MelissaB » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:34 pm

Salyandra now alone, well except Aloris begins to look around the bar, searching for anything left in a hurry and valuable, she searches the main area before heading into the back room, interested to see what lurks in the back though she suspected it to be more alcohol in bottles rather than anything truly interesting, still could kill time while the two idiots were to come back with information about the other gang's whereabouts.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby RavenLord » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:39 pm

"How about no? Seriously, with that stunt you pulled there, we would be lucky if locals didn't already sent word to gangs. No, if we are going to do this, we will either have to pay money, which i have no intention of doing, or we are going to use those muscles you were oh so sure of not needing." Roman snarks at Lyz before turning around and making sure alley is deserted and there is no one around watching them.
Last edited by RavenLord on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby berserkerhorn » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:42 pm

"I think I'll go with the guilders. See you on the far side. Also, since i spoke to you, I'm in more danger than you are. We should split up.." She says running off into the alleyway parkouring across walks like they were nothing. She hopes that Roman does not follow. She tries to end up in the guild market soon.

Once there, she stops and proceeds to cautiously walk out like she was there to look through the wares displayed. She spends some time looking over the displays and asks one of the merchants a couple of questions to make her seem less suspicious. "Hey, what is that?" She asks pointing at an item on display. She chooses to ignore most of the merchants talk and tries to focus on conversations around her
berserkerhorn

Postby RavenLord » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:09 am

Roman doesn't try to chase after Lyz, instead watching her go. "Un-freaking-believable. I don't know whether to be worried for her or be relieved for myself." he mutters. Then he returns his attention back to surroundings, looking for anyone watching him as he moves deeper into alleyway himself, hoping to lose any tails he has before finding an isolated spot to ambush some locals to interrogate.
RavenLord

Postby Gorbaz » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:57 pm

The Streets

With the pale lady having darted off, everything goes quiet. Or, quiet for a hive town. There are still mumbles and grumbles, general chatter and conversations from not too far away, but given everything that has happened today, it is a fair bet that nobody is about to try and jump you in an alley. Still, the lighting is poor, so you are 50/50 about anyone seeing you moving. The alleys themselves appear to be used as dumping zones more than foot traffic, although looking up you can see walkways strong between the buildings on a higher level. It wouldn't be too hard to get up there, but you'd need to find a ladder, or break in to someone's home to do so. Still, there are people still milling about on the main roads.

The Bar

Having a good scrounge around, you find 27 creds in the till behind the bar, along with what you expected - booze. Lots and lots of booze. Some of it is labeled stuff, but there are more than a few unmarked bottles there as well, with who-knows-what inside. The barman himself, other than his clothes, had a stub gun strapped to his thigh. You didn't notice it when you shot his head off because it was below the bar, and didn't pay a lot of attention to the corpse while raiding his beverages. Out the back there is more alcohol, along with a still. It would appear that the former owner cooked up his own brews in order to fill the gaps on shelves, and sell to the poorer clientele.

The Market

The side-streets are easy enough to move through, and soon link up to the main thoroughfare which, unlike the roads outside the bar, actually has a fair amount of people moving up and down it. It would seem that this is the main hub of commercial activity for the settlement, and the various homesteads surrounding it. The place looks pretty secure, with obviously armed thugs hanging around every corner, and most stalls having at least one person keeping watch for thieves.

Picking a random merchant, you enquire as to what the first item on display is. The man chortles as he looks down at you. "Why missy, haven't you ever seen a gen-u-ine hotshot pack before? Just 15 creds! Hook that beauty up to any laser weapon, and you can slice through a bulkhead with ease!" Still, while he gives his sales pitch, you are able to pick out a couple of snippets of conversations.

"... cousin said that bar is haunted!..."
"... rumour is Vanessa has a price on her head..."
"... gangs pushing on water stills. Ransoming the stuff..."
Gorbaz

Postby MelissaB » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Salyandra pockets the tiny amount of creds she finds, keeping them before placing the stub gun on the bar counter. "Well, might be worth selling if you don't want it." She comments calmly before looking around and heading into the back, glancing over she nods. "Well enough alcohol, cheap, probably crap and a still. Hey Aloris... looks like we can start making our own if we want, though no idea how to actually make alcohol..." She comments before closing the door and nodding to Aloris. Once getting her answer about the gun she takes it and straps it to her hip before heading outside looking around she hums to herself before nodding, she moves over to a nearby hiver and coughs to get their attention, likely they know who she is and waits for their attention before speaking. "You, what can you tell me about the tunnel tigresses?" she asks keeping her voice level she didn't need to be violent just yet, despite the voice in her head telling her otherwise.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby berserkerhorn » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Lyz frowns a little at the merchant. Not buying the whole hotshot jingle. "Could you demonstrate it?" She asks trying to get the merchant yo test the purifier to seem like she was genuinely interested when she had no true intention of buying it. After listening got a whole more, she looks up and reaches into her pockets pulling them out empty. "Oh no,i left my credits at home..."she says acting like she genuinely forgot her money. "I mean, can i go get it?" She asks trying to relocate so she could hear more information.
berserkerhorn

Postby RavenLord » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:54 pm

Roman decides on taking a look from a higher vantage point, get a feel for the area around him before trying anything. Unholstering his boltgun, he moves through the alleyways, looking for a ladder or an abandoned building that would grant him access to walkways, hoping he wouldn't have to break into someone's home. He makes note of all the doors he sees as he moves, keeping an eye out for opportunities. He needs to throw off any attention on him first though, escaping the notice of any watchful eyes. To do that, he would have to careful and clever.
RavenLord

Postby Gorbaz » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:53 pm

The Streets

Making your way outside, you find the street is rather devoid of people. Still, walking down the road and taking a couple of turns, you come across some people minding their own business. They all look up at you with a sense of fear and confusion as to why you are asking them about gangs, combined with your not-quite human appearance. "The who?" one of them asks back while another backs away. "One of them gangs" says the third as he crosses his arms. "I heard they was running some operation with stills. Why?"

The Market

The merchant goes through his spiel again on how the device works, explaining that he didn't have a lasgun to hand to give her a demonstration with, but it was well worth the price. When you tell him you have no cash, his expression sours, and he shoo's you away from his stall, picking up the attention of some other shopper and calling them over instead. Most of the conversations that you hear revolve around the drudgery of everyday life, although you do hear:
"... cooky gang name. Pipe Panthers, or something like that. Making the price of water going up..."

The Alleyways

Given the construction materials used in the local buildings, it is not hard to find a series of handholds and rungs that allow you to scramble up to the next level, climbing on to the gantry running between two buildings. There's no guardrail or anything to prevent you falling off if you weren't careful, but there were at least a couple of crates that could use used as one directional cover. A glance around showed that nobody was following you - not surprising given the general level of fear in the local area that has sprung up since taking over the bar. The building to your left appears to be a house, and the one on your left seemed to be a warehouse, the doors to both buildings having gone missing years ago
Gorbaz

Postby berserkerhorn » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:40 am

Lyz takes a moment to dart behind one of the stalls and look at her map. She makes sure that she is not really noticed standing next to the stall before looking at her map like a tourist would. She traces her fingers along the map at where the bar was to where she thought she was. She then moves in the supposed direction of the still. She looks around as she darts between alleyways making sure the coast is clear before she crosses. She hopes that not many people would find the cloaked figure dashing to be of interest when they looked out of their windows. She decides that maybe she could catch one of the tigresses by themselves and take advantage with her meltagun being one of the better weapons in the underhive.

She stops about a quarter of the way there and thinks about the cave that she could use to further their control as a gang. All of the food in there that might be readily available. If the tigresses controlled the water, they might control the food and the hardy scavengers that were desperate enough to go into the caves. A much better recruitment effort than what the Pipe Panthers were doing. People less willing to overthrow their tyrannical rulers. Along with less attraction from the gangs who can still receive food from the scraps of the upper hive. Not to mention the fun effects of weakening gangs... heh... drugs. Although... since edible poisons did not effect her, she was at very little knowledge of the dangerous and non dangerous shrooms. Perhaps she could camp them out.

She thinks about it long and hard before she chooses a direction and heads towards the end.

(Please flip a coin for me. Heads for Cave, Tails for Still)
berserkerhorn

Postby MelissaB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:37 am

Salyandra nods a little, glancing between the three men before hearing the last one. "Yes they're a gang and i wanted to put a stop to them. have any idea where I might find them?" She asks calmly, giving them a glare from behind her hood. "If you can't know anyone around here that can point me in the right direction?" She asks giving them a a little moment to think before they answer, her weapons were on display if they got any ideas of lying to her.

MelissaB

Postby RavenLord » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:51 am

Roman decides to explore the house after taking stock of his surroundings. He tries a stealthy approach, not wanting to alert anyone that might be inside the house. He consider the house his best bet at acquiring a disguise and maybe even some information if he is lucky and manages to catch a local unawares.
RavenLord

Postby Gorbaz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:24 pm

The Market

The map had a few locations nearby marked on it, one or two of which may well have been water stills, but the labels weren't perfect. It was probably drawn up in a hurry, as the fungal cave isn't even marked where you know it to be. Still, it seemed like the best place to start, as taking on another gang would require bodies to fight with, look after territory, or even just keep around as dumb labour. Every now and then the Guilders ran slave markets, but you don't have enough creds to pay for them, so the cave will have to be stop number one.

Travel back along the main roadways is simple and quick enough, most people ignoring you and those who do get a look at your face deciding that they want to stay away. Keeping on the move, you pass by the bar, Salyandra up ahead interrogating some locals. Darting down one of the alleys and staying out of sight, you make you way into the ruins of the old processing plant, and are greeted immediately by the sight of clumps of fungus all over the place, different sizes, different colours, and more than a few giving off a glow. Not really being that familiar with what fungus is used for what at this point, it would be best to just start picking, and hope for the best.

The Streets

The street scum gives a shrug as his pal scratched a nasty looking scab on the back of his hand. "Beats me" he says, pulling his clothes tighter around him as if to ward off some kind of chill that wasn't there. "Course, word is some local toughs have taken over water production. Would explain why beer is cheaper". It would make sense. If a gang could control water production, they'd have a lot of control over the local area without needing to be numerous enough to physically keep everyone in line.

It shouldn't be too hard to find the nearest water still, just tail the merchants selling water. One of them had to have contact with the controlling gang. Or, of course, interrogate someone. The two scum with you, however, didn't seem to have the knowledge you need

The Home

Perched on the walkway, you sneak closer to the home but not before you catch sight of Lyz darting down the main road at the end of the alleyway. Still, you had your own course of action. Slipping inside, most of the lights are out, the exception being a single lum-globe sitting on a table, giving out a dull orange glow. A lot of what was inside the building looked like junk, or at the very least what passed to living essentials in this town. Finding something to wear wasn't hard, managing to snag some used clothes that fit rather tightly, along with an acid-resistant hooded cloak, and 2 creds in an inside pocket.
Gorbaz

Postby berserkerhorn » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:48 pm

Lyz decides to take two of every kind like Noah from Noah's ark and put them in her bag. She hopes that none of them are particularly dangerous to the people that she was about to show them to. She also takes a little bit of soot(whatever can stain her map) and makes a little stain on her map where she thinks she is. She explores around the area to see if there was anything abandoned that might be salvageable from the ruins.
berserkerhorn

Postby MelissaB » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:17 am

Listening to them Salyandra nods and tilts her head, water stills being held hm? She smirks under her hood and nods. "Thanks for the info." She comments calmly before looking around her long robes while keeping her features hidden don't really help in remaining unnoticeable in a crowd and she rather stands out, shaking her head she looks about trying to spot a water merchant and begins to move off, wandering around the streets in search of one to tail.

MelissaB

Postby RavenLord » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:41 pm

Roman skips over the clothes, seeing no need for it and having little desire to wear another persons dirty clothing for no reason. He grabs the cloak, pulling it around his body and pulling down the hood. Making sure he is sufficiently disguised under the acid resistant fabric, he leaves the house from the way he came in, making his way towards the other end of the walkway with goal of exploring the warehouse.
RavenLord

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay