Necromunda: Spirefall

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Necromunda: Spirefall

Postby berserkerhorn » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Lyz lights up when the word drugs was mentioned by Roman. "I can stake out the shrooms. Someone has to go in there to get the shrooms for food. Besides, I have a knack for paying attention and waiting for things" she says remembering her Delaque training on how to find a target and wait for the right moment to strike. She gets up and turns around and walks to the other end of the bar where Roman and the rest of the gang were a bit further away as she is uneasy with the sudden ominous crowd gathering at the bar

"Although, someone might have to convince them since they probably won't listen to me" she says shrugging. "Always help to outnumber people two to one." She begins to pace back and forth awaiting for their part of the plan
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby Phoenixcz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Aloris adds her opinion: "Look, I get what you're saying, but I haven't walked all the way here to oversee a bunch of nobodies farming 'shrooms and making drugs. If I wanted that much work, I could've stayed in the city, working in a factory and hoping for a promotion, and it would be more comfortable than this shithole too. I'm here to shoot some bastards, loot anything valuable they have and have fun in the process."

She turns towards Salyandra. "Speaking of who's in charge, here's a thing: normal gang structure with one leader won't work for us, at least for now. We don't know each other and have nothing in common besides having weapons and ending up here together. No offence, but I'm not letting any of you ordering me around, and I think you feel the same way. And we don't know what each of us is capable of. Any idiot can buy, steal or find a gun, doesn't makes him a big bad ganger. So I suggest we go out, find some bunch of redemptionist assholes, other gang or a pack of some mutant beasts, waste them, see what each of us can do, take anything worth something, trade it for booze and then decide what to do next."

She grins as she looks over the whole group. "How does that sounds for a starting suggestion?" Not that setting up a proper business is a bad idea, but it's time-consuming and boring, and none of them have reason to actually trust others to not to screw them over. Going through a battle together will help somewhat with the later issue, and shows if they can use their fancy weapons for more than murdering surprised unarmed locals.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby MelissaB » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Salyandra looks to each of them, hearing them out and nodding at their input before she cracks her neck and pulls down her hood now she was alone with the three others. Revealing her face she glares at each of them, her eyes seemingly otherworldly before she hisses as if bringing the conversation to an end, at least for now. "Strength determines who leads." She looks at Aloris with a glare before looking to Roman and Lyz. "I agree with her, trusting each other with business matters and not screw each other over for extra creds isn't something I will put past either of you, we fight, we can decide what we feel after it. I proposed the idea that this place isn't liked by other gangs and has some concept of income once we are up and running, meaning it's not going anywhere." She comments calmly before pulling her hood back up. "Now..." She picks up her bolter and rests it on her shoulder. "Let's go have a little fun, the man can apply his business knowledge later." She comments gesturing to Roman with her head.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Gorbaz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:51 am

Salyandra's loud roar was indeed enough to clear out the bar, along with the couple of buildings each side of it. The four were alone enough to discuss their plans. With talk turning to trying to turn mushrooms into food, Lyz recalled that most forms of fungus in the hive were used to make nutrient paste with - for those poor unfortunates without enough creds to actually afford real food - but occasionally had a debilitating "shroom shakes" as the unfortunate's body fought off a mild case of mushroom infestation.

Finding a gang would be the easiest solution. Most bars held a local "top 10" of gangs in the region, listed by how well known they had become. More often than not there would be a bounty board as well, sometimes featuring the same names. This bar had both (nailed next to a dartboard) with the top gang crossed out. It was a high probability that it was the previous inhabitants. The number two spot belonged to a group called Rage Machine - probably a bunch of Goliaths. Stuck on the bottom of the list with a bit of tape was a scrap with "Tunnel Tigressess" scribbled on it.

On a different matter, no settlement was too far from a Guilder outpost where additional scum could be hired from and bounties were paid, as well as an open marketplace.
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby berserkerhorn » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:59 am

Unphased by Salyandra's true appearance since she grew up in the Nurgle cult. She looks away slightly and notices the board with multiple bounties and names on it. She tilts her head and begins walking over to the board that was a bit further to the back of the bar. She then looks at the top 10 gang list on the side of the board.

Lyz moves over to the board. She knew about the local gangs and how they liked to post their names on the board. She looks down the actual lists and giggles at the little taped note at the bottom with the name "Tunnel Tigresses" on it. "Hey! Check this out!" she says lifting the little note on her index finger letting it dangle in the wind as she continues to examine the names on the list as well as the multiple bounties on the wall. "Seems like someone wants to be noticed."

She passes the paper over to whoever grabs the little slip of paper taped to her finger first before she grabs the easiest looking bounty upon the wall. "So uhhh... i guess we can do this for leadership?" she asks staring at the paper reading all of the lines before handing it to Salyandra for her to read since she was the most intimidating in the room considering her demonic scream and ability to kill without remorse.
berserkerhorn

Postby RavenLord » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 pm

"Well, as long as you guys pick a less suicidal target than the frakkin Redemptionists, i am game." Roman replied to Aloris. He was a little annoyed, not because he was opposed to some good old round of violence, but how blase and rash Aloris was being about it. There were easier ways to go out then suicide by Redeemer. Still he didn't let it show on his face and kept his cool.

Which was shattered when Salyandra revealed her face. In Roman's credit, he was able to rein his kneejerk reaction of disgust and hate very quickly, letting out only a grimace rather than a hate filled sneer. He kept his mouth shut, not because he was afraid of the mutant but he rather saw it as pointless to get into a fight he could easily avoid. Still he couldn't help but cringe when he thought Salyandra jumped the violence bandwagon, though he sighed in relief when she offered more reasonable targets, restoring Roman's faith in her intelligence.

It was at that point, the last member of their little quartet who Roman suspected was also a mutant brought them the bounty list. With money and loot at the end, violence suddenly become a lot more appealing and Roman saw that it was already decided for others.

"You bloodthirsty bastards." Roman shook his head in exasperation. He really should have seen this coming considering his audience. Not that he minded, violence after all, solved a lot of problems, as long as you applied it intelligently.

"Fair warning, if any of you die, i reserve to right the loot your corpse."
Last edited by RavenLord on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby MelissaB » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Salyandra smirks and shakes her head. "Hardly a bastard, I was born in wedlock." She comments back at him with a sneer, seeing the look he tried so hard to hide, the subtly in them however was still seen. Taking the aprchment from Lyz she nods and takes a moment to consider what she was looking at. "Tunnel tigresses?" She asks out loud before shaking her head. "That's fair though if you die I'll do a lot worse to your own." She comments back to him, she hadn't actually had any thoughts on doing anything particularly sinister... maybe use it to decorate their new base of operations. "I say we fuck up this lot." She states pointing at the name of the group on the paper with the barrel of her bolter. Tunnel Tigresses. "Never known might even get slaves out of it." She offers with a grin to the others, her sharp fangs baring slightly.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby berserkerhorn » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:42 am

"I'm estranged" Lyz says with a sigh as she remembers the days where her actual parents actually treated her like a little princess. Nowadays though, it was a hard knot life for her. She listens to Roman mention corpse looting and pouts. "the only corpses you'll be looting is the ones that aren't mine" she says making sure he knew not to steal from her kills or her body lest he want to contract something from a post mortem zombie plague victim.

She glances at Salyndra and raises an eyebrow when she mentions that they were going to be getting slaves out of the local conflict that they were going to start. "Yeaaahhhh... i'm not too sure about that" she says puckering her lips. "slavery always did leave a bad taste in my mouth". She remembers her parents half slave like trance to Nurgle due to their plague.
berserkerhorn

Postby RavenLord » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Roman didn't reply to Salyandra, unbothered by her comment. He wasn't planning to die anytime soon, not among the scum and trash of the underhive anyway. So instead he turned his attention back to upcoming hunt for local gangs. He didn'tobject when Salyandra picked the lowest ranked gang on the list, instead wondering how others planned to find where this gang hid. His interest was piqued though when Lyz told Salyandra she was bothered by slavery.

"There are a lot of things worse than slavery that is done by the gangs of underhive. Though i too wonder how the mutant expects to take and keep any slaves." Roman said in reply to Lyz.

Slaves in Roman's opinion were more trouble than worth. There were better ways to control people and make money.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby MelissaB » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Salyandra seems a little surprised by Lyz's comment then looking at Roman she glares, she hated the term mutant even if she must play the part she wasn't some stricken human plagued by radiation and who knows what else. Hissing her forked tongue flickering. "Simple I give them a chance of life, if they refuse they die, humans are so often clinging to live it's hardly going to be difficult, humans would rather be slaves than die painfully." She comments to Roman before turning to Lyz and tilts her head. "Interesting that you would rather kill them than let them live." She states as if that was all she had to say on the matter.

MelissaB

Postby berserkerhorn » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Lyz looks at both of them and shrugs innocently. "Rebels?" she questions as she makes up some quick bullshit excuse to cover up her past. Well, most instances of slaves usually ended like that anyways. "They're usually more hassle than they're worth." she says furthering her bullshit to make it seem believable. "Living expenses, place to put them... that type of stuff"

She looks at Salyandra expecting her to have a plan on how to keep the slaves. "But, hey, don't listen to me. The needs of the many do outweigh the needs of the few" she says trying to keep on Salyandra's good side in case she decides to shoot her without warning too.
berserkerhorn

Postby RavenLord » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:23 pm

"Well, we don't even know where to find this gang, or the location of their hideout or even how many of them are there, so it is a bit early to be thinking about loot and spoils of war. We really should deal with the issues at hand. Considering we know nothing, i suggest we learn from locals where these gangs operate, capture some gang members then interrogate them. How does that sound?" Roman says to both Lyz and Salyandra.
RavenLord

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Sorry for not posting in a while, was really busy

Aloris grins at Roman's mention of looting her corpse "Sounds fair. I expected as much anyways, being warned about it up front is a bonus. And I planned to do the same, it's not like the dead need their stuff for anything." She then ignores the discussion about slavery. While she is more skilled and avoided such a fate, some house workers aren't much better than slaves despite not being called that. And as Salyandra noted, working for some bastard is often preferable to being a meal for mutant rats. The preachers says that everyone's dead belongs to the Emperor, but Aloris was always sceptical that it applies to hiver scum like herself, or even mutants like some of her present company. The Emperor surely has better things to do than to care about every low-life in every hive in the galaxy, right?

Back to the previous topic, then. "Tunnel Tigresses... sounds like female gang, perhaps Esher's bunch? We may have advantage there, Eshers have rep as dangerous melee fighters, but they can't hit the broad side of a Baneblade with their guns." Not that she ever seen a Baneblade, but she heard it's huge, pretty slow and easy target. "And we all have nice guns, so I guess we all know how to use them and not have them just for show, right?"

Roman, once again, brings practical concerns. Seems he's a good leader material, though perhaps bit of a spoilsport. But someone has to take care of the boring stuff. "Well, we can also take a stroll through the Underhive, kill anyone who looks at us funny and hope the Emperor loves us enough to send something interesting or valuable our way." Suppressing a smile, Aloris makes it pretty obvious she's looking at Salyandra before adding. "Wait, scratch that last part, it's pretty clear the Emperor hates at least some of us."
Last edited by Phoenixcz on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:17 am

Salyandra glares at Aloris about that- though she wasn't wrong but not for what they thought, the emperor and his chosen would likely see her purged and then most of the hive for what she truly was. "Well as for finding them yeah let's go ask the locals, probably not myself considering." She points down at the dead barman and the empty bar thanks to her. "Also everyone looks at me funny." She smirks with a shake of her head before nodding seemingly deciding. "I'll wait in here, let the man go ask the questions while we gear up." She comments calmly looking around the bar. "As for interrogating the other gangs... my weapons don't have a subdue mode."

MelissaB

Postby berserkerhorn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:26 pm

"I think I'll go ask questions myself." Lyz says eagerly awaiting to go back 'home'. The streets were always better than the loonies up in the bar trying to get her to do something that might involve in her ending up dead. She had a knack of listening to loud boisterous people and perhaps there would be some commotion in the marketplace where food, stealing, and fights were always a commodity in the underhive.

She walks towards the door and awaits Roman as he seems to be one of the only people here not slightly insane enough to act like a lunatic in public. Although Aloris seemed sane too, she was the new comer in the bar and she didn't really like stranger things. Besides, men knew how to talk if you rubbed them the right way. All she needed was a little agitation and words would come spilling right out like water from a water fountain
berserkerhorn

Postby RavenLord » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:40 pm

"I will go with her. Lend her some muscle and help with the interrogations." Roman says, taking the opportunity to leave the presence of the murderhappy mutant and explore the settlement. He stands up from his seat and moves over to join Lyz at the door.

"Since we are going to be working together, i think it's only proper we learn each other's names. I am Roman Kyros." Roman says to Lyz before offering a handshake.
RavenLord

Postby berserkerhorn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:21 pm

"Lyz Brickley" she says offering a gloved hand with a extremely pale wrist sticking out of her robes. "Although i probably won't need the muscles." she says walking in her normal quick moving pace towards the marketplace. "About time i got out of there" she says rolling her eyes which is clearly seen by Roman as she is looking up at him. Her face mask covers most of her dead face which had blue lips but her eyes were a bit darker than normal with a red iris that many of Nurgle's creations had. Only the top part of her face is visible and her emotions are only conveyed through her eyes.
berserkerhorn

Postby RavenLord » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Roman takes notice of Lyz's pale skin as he shakes her gloved hand and her red eyes but chooses not to press her about them. While both of them are not normal human traits, as mutations, they are very minor which Roman can tolerate. The incredibly/stupidly optimistic side of Roman which he ignores for the sake of his own health points out that those traits might not be mutations at all but makeup. Since things like Digganobz exists, Lyz can also be just following some obscure fashion trend. Roman takes note of that possibility then shoves his stupid optimism back into its box. Instead he resolves to watch Lyz and keep his guard up just in case which was what he does with everyone else.

"I agree. Don't know about you both that mutant bothers me." Roman replies with a sigh, having noticed Lyz's eyeroll. He easily keeps pace with Lyz, walking alongside her as she makes her way through the streets. He keeps an eye open for any potentials danger but also any gang grafitti that mark their territories.

"Also, i think, you will change your mind about extra muscles." he adds.
RavenLord

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Salyandra shrugs and takes a seat on the bar top, her legs crossed as she looks around and yawns, the sound of boredom echoing around the bar. "Salyandra." She voices as they exchange names before she moves to cleaning and polishing her sword before proceeding to do the same to her bolter, maintaining the advanced weapon and seeing to it perfection less it break down on her. "Try not to kill anyone." She comments calmly before laughing manically before grabbing a bottle of second best and drinking it's contents at a leisurely pace.

MelissaB

Postby Gorbaz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:54 am

The Streets

The road running past the bar was wide enough to support a fair amount of foot traffic, but a quick look at the state of the walls and floor told you all you needed to know about the current volume. It wasn't a lot. Still, traders did still drop through every now and then, and there would be a market nearby too. Guilders loved their markets in and around settlements, no matter how small they were as any income was better than no income to them. The caravan guards usually double-up as hired thugs too, but a casual glance at your finances suggested that hireing on anyone, even to help out with a single fight, was beyond your means.

Current traffic on the street was non-existent - the gunfight in the bar, followed by the distinctly in-human shout from Salyandra having seen to that. Still, there were a few places of business further down the street that looked open, mostly scavenger shops and rat stalls though. Homes were wherever anyone could find a ruin to shelter in, and a far cry from maintained living blocks of the Hive Houses, but at least it was better than the Underhive. From the far ends of the street, the huddled residents that weren't going about their own business watched you closely.

The Bar

With the departure of Roman and Lyz, the bar becomes a lot quieter. The bottle of Second Best is exactly how you'd expect it to taste - second best. The barman's headless corpse continued to lay there, slumped against the wall, and giving very little in the way on conversation, and the empty chairs and tables out on the floor weren't exactly lively. However, with half the group gone and less distractions around, some people may have dropped valuable items or cash in their haste to escape, or the bar itself might evenhave some credit chips (or whatever passes for them in this backwater) stashed away. There was also a door leading to a back room, which might prove fruitful to search.
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay