.: Singularity :. (IC)

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: .: Singularity :. (IC)

Postby Nicoffee » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:46 pm

MONDAY, 2ND OF PATRIA'S FEBRUARY. 9:00 AM PLANETARY TIME. 7:25 PM BAYRIOS CAPITAL TIME.

Cara, Nola and Gaia

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Arya shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not too worried." She confessed, toying with the small glass in her hands. "Even if they did, the Resistance is not a movement that relies on me, well, not too much. Even if it IS something that requires a...Sacrifice like that. We'll figure something out." She spoke confidently, before letting out a short sigh and turning over to Andy. "Cold water, please." Andy was confused for a second but then got the hint, placing a literal bucket of ice cold water right in front of Arya. The woman grabbed the cup and slowly got up, making her way over to the couple still going at it in the corner. "All right, enough recreation time!" She shouted before flipping the cold water on top of the two, who almost immediately got off each other yelping in panic.

"Right then!" She slapped her hands together. "I think we've beat around the bush long enough, time to get mobilizing." Her fingers cracked as she stretched them a little bit. "We got a few priorities ahead of us. One of them will be acquiring the Edict itself, after that Messenger gal has read it, we'll need a team to infiltrate Passerna and grab the darn scroll. Second, we're going to need to stock up on weapons. We're likely going to have a big fight up ahead one way or another, so we might as well be as prepared as we can be, lucky for us, the dumb asses over at Passerna are sitting on top of quite a few...Might as well relieve them of some, eh? Third...We're going to need a spy. Once the Edict hits, we need to have an idea of how the Councilwoman is going to react to it so we can plan around it. She might just ditch right away or she might do something else, I don't know, that's why we need someone inside keeping us updated."

She crossed her hands behind her back, smiling confidently as she let her "missions" sink in everyone. "So, any volunteers?"

Aurora + Aermis + Razajin + Derek

"...Just need to keep yourself occupied for a few minutes." Gordin replied from other side of intercomm. "Though it'd seem you all got that covered, already. Just...Be done when we land, please. Over." He requested, cutting off his side of the comm without much more ceremony. Meanwhile, the Messenger slowly pushed Aurora away from herself for a moment, leaving the guard's cock covered in a thin layer of drool, her tongue slipping away slowly, almost as if hesitantly, before she began to address Razajin.

"You assume me to know much more than I actually do, Jason." She replied, calmly, the name cautiously slipping out of her lips, then reaching over to pull off one of her gauntlets, revealing her thin, slender naked fingers underneath. With her now uncovered hand, she grasped Aurora's prick in her hand, her index finger touching the very base of the woman's prick and slowly tracing its way up the length, nail gently tracing along the penile raphe, reaching the glans and then slowly circling around them.

"I'm bringing a message." She stated, matter of fact. "It could be an edict...Or, just a message. I wouldn't know, I didn't read it." She confessed. "It is not relevant to my job that I read the message myself, after all. That's how we're taught to be, after all. I can't deny I'm rather curious myself, but we'll have to wait and see until we land, I believe." She mumbled, her hands jerking off Aurora with alarming casualness.

Meanwhile, Aermis found herself in the pantry, with Squiddles gladly nomming down some food, keeping his mind off of "eating" other things. Meanwhile, she fired off her communications to Minerva, the Councilwoman's image appeared in a hologram, currently in her study, as it would seem as a few books were in the view of her face.

"Your instructions?" The councilwoman blinked a few times, before picking up another book and begin flipping through its pages. "Serve Bayrios's and assist the domination efforts as you see fit...Also keep me updated, if you please." She clarified, pushing the book away. "I was informed, by the Overlord themselves, no less, that over the next few days, this planet would be an excellent opportunity for...Growth and talent acquisition, among our numbers." She stated, a faint smile on her lips as she lit up a nearby candle with a fire sigil. "As the Overlord's Council of Information, I was requested to pick a servant whom I felt could distinguish themselves...I picked you." Her brow raised a little bit. "If you were expecting something more straightforward than that, I'm afraid that's not something I can help you just yet...Maybe wait until that Edict is read?"

Lyalah

"L-Lyalah, it is then, M-Miss- U-Uhm, Lyalah." She fumbled, her cocks anticipating actual action, the touch of Rol's thigh not going unnoticed. As Lyalah rolled up her skirt, the sight of her well-shaped behind was almost enough to just make Rol blast off to the skies again, metaphorically this time. "Y-Yes! I-I need h-help with that! Yes, please!" She pleaded hungrily, grabby hands reaching over to grasp Lyalah and try to drag her closer to Rol's pricks, if there were no objections, the pilot would at first just try to get a feel for her savior's rear on her hands, her twin cocks nearly hot dogging themselves in-between Lyalah's buns, one hand then slipping around and up the doctor's waist, trying to get a feel for her chest, too.

"...Ah...N-Never thought I'd be so happy to crash a ship..." She confessed, pressing her face against the back of Lyalah's neck, her lips planting on the skin of her nape.

Echo

Finesse 40 - You failed to get Cindy to open up fully to you.

"Not quite. But don't worry, I'm not going to shoot your uh...Cousin, is it? As long as you don't give me a reason to." The woman confessed right away, pulling her phone back a little bit closer with her foot before she knelt down to pick it up, keeping one hand to hold the pistol to Byron's head. Byron himself was kind of just shivering and sweating in a panic, for all of his outgoing and wild lifestyle, he wasn't really much of a fighter or anything of the sort, so, suffice to say, he was kind of terrified at the moment. Well, then again, most people would be, gun at your head and what not.

"I am here to negotiate, not with him, but with you. And I think you'll want to listen carefully." The woman spoke, adjusting her grip on the weapon, the pistol's muzzle feeling up the tensing muscles of Byron's neck. ""We" are looking for someone to help us with a little operation...And I know, you're not JUST some high-class numbskull like this idiot." She gave Byron's head a bit of a push with pistol. "You covered your tracks pretty darn well, gotta admit...Took us a while to find you, really, it did." The woman stated, her head tilting slightly to the side as she seemed to sizing you up as she spoke.

"We figured it was someone in this house and...Well, seeing you being the one to "clean up" the phones...Don't take offense, but your cousin here doesn't even know how to switch developer mode on his phone."

"...What's that?"

"Quiet, adults are talking." Cindy huffed, then glaring up at you again. "So...Before we begin negotiating...I've a question. Answer truthfully now, it's important. If you had to pick...Homeland or Bayrios?"

Annaliese + Evelynn

The cab driver was, suffice to say, in shock. He was desperately trying to gather up the...Well, the pieces of his cab together and trying to place them back where they were supposed to be. "Insured? INSURED? I'll be lucky if I get enough money to buy a new cab! Oh no, what am I going to tell the wif-" He cut himself off when he noticed the two of you getting on the wolf. "...Hey, wait. WAIT!"

Before he could even repeat that a third time, the three of you had zipped off ahead into the woods, away from the poor cab driver whose day you had just wrecked. Not only that, Evelynn hadn't even paid the cab's fare, too.

Oh well.

One way or another, your merry group slowly made into the forest, past Eleanor's protective wards, a weaving your way through paths which yourself and Grimm knew well. Evelynn though, oh ho, she was probably having the time of her life. I mean, she was mounted on top of a wolf, who was speeding up and down hills and cliffs, in the middle of a forest, branches and leaves whizzing around her at high speeds. At one moment, Grimm hopped over a small stream and Evelynn nearly felt her entire soul leave her body as she was tossed up into the air by the inertia only to slam right back down to Grimm.

Regardless, you made it back "home". The place was a lot bigger on the inside, mind you, but from the outside it looked like a small, stone shack, barely enough for housing one person, really. The inside, however, had been expanded down and underground and carefully shaped to be much, much larger. Stone sigils, used by Eleanor herself, she had molded the ground under the house into a large mansion-sized complex, perfectly cut into several cube-shaped rooms. It was rather comfy, really, though it could get a bit weird to get used to the lack of windows.

Aunt Eleanor didn't seem to be home at the moment...Though you had the feeling she'd be around soon, for now though, you had the place to yourselves.
Nicoffee

Postby Nobudi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:19 am

Aermis opened the pantry with a huff, Squiddles in tow. Looking around the place, she began to investigate the various container systems. Portable meals: good for her, uninteresting for her pet. Fresh vegetables: she wasn't particularly hungry at the moment herself, and the tentacle beast would probably throw a tantrum if offered. Frozen raw meat. There it was. Reaching in, she confirmed the existence of some type of frozen drumsticks and cuts of meat she wasn't too familiar with. Taking the chunks, she chucked them over her shoulder on to the floor with frozen thumps. Once the pile of raw meat had become of a sufficient height, her pet threw itself onto the pile, tentacles flagellating madly as it began to feed on the meat, seemingly uncaring of the frozen nature of the meat. Taking a seat, she noted the occasional snapping of something hard and watched in minor frustration, since the sound of feeding was consistent to something eating it, she was denied to chance to actually see it, thanks to her pets tentacly nature.

With a sigh, she took out a small holo stand and began to ping the Councilwoman's channel. Once contact was established, with the image of Minerva apparently in her study, Aermis bowed before the image and greeted with a polite and respectful tone, "Greetings, Councilwoman." Councilwoman Minerva was indeed someone she possessed a great deal of respect for. Although the Council of Knowledge was not at the forefront of power within the Overlord's forces, it and Minerva were instrumental in the continued domination of the Empire. Manipulating the vast amount of knowledge they came in contact to, they had the power to displace armies and help win wars, without ever picking up a sword or gun for themselves. Councilwoman Minerva was the epitome of power that Aermis herself hoped to become one day. She had not strength of body, but she had magic and knowledge. Those two traits a perfect match for her employ in the Overlord's Council of Knowledge.

As the conversation progressed, she noted that the Councilwoman was looking more radiant than usual. Her eyes were drawn to Minerva's clothing, and lack of. Her imagination began to take off, picking her taking more than a few of Squiddles tentacles, as it- She blinked, then pushed that thought away, half in terror and half in respect. The atmosphere was beginning to get to her. Fighting to keep her eyes firmly on the Councilwoman, she managed to get back in control just in time her clearly hear the nature of her mission: Basically help however she could to finish the war. She was given free reign on this, and she definitely felt nervous for now having a great deal of personal responsibility on behalf of Councilwoman Minerva and the Council of Knowledge as a while. She could not, would not, fail them. "As you command Councilwoman," she said, and to begin wrapping up their business, she followed with, "Is there anything I may help you with while I am currently on Patria?"

Once business was concluded, she noted that Squiddles had long since finished eating. The protein it just ingested was no doubt to fuel production of its copious amounts of semen stored within its body somewhere. She noted to look for a place that filtered out the natural aphrodisiac the environment contained to research her assistant further, in case she had something she could glean from learning about Squiddles. "C'mon Squiddles," she commanded her pet, and walked out of the pantry. She was going to pop over to see if the other occupants of the ship were still occupied with each other before disembarking.
Nobudi

Postby lilbooth » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:54 am

"Homeworld?" Offered Echo in slightly raised tone and she winced and narrowed her eyes. The wrong answer here might kill her cousin, she was rather confident she could get a shot with her crossbow off, but not before Cindy could squeeze down on the trigger. "We've got a nice place here, and we may have some decent security but it's no army. There is not much stopping the Bayrios forces from waltzing in here and claiming this as their headquarters. The resistance couldn't give two shits about this place, which is honestly how I prefer it. That is unless you've come here with some interest in the estate, assuming you're on the same side..."

"I don't really care for sides though, more just preservation, why fix what's not broken right? I have plans for the day but I am certain I could do something to assist with this little operation." Offered Echo, relaxing her posture as she gave her answer.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby cliffracer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Lyalah giggles happily after Rol's decision on her offer, letting herself be moved closer to where Rol was laying and immediately becoming used for more than just 'viewing pleasure'. She took delight in her ass being felt up, Rol probably finding it delightfully bouncy and slappable! Lyalah pushed back in to the two cocks once she felt them, a little disappointed her panties were in the way for now. Lyalah's tits were being contained solely by her tight sweater, clearly enough support for when she was just in the clinic, and very useful for the pilot's wandering hand. Her nipple quickly hardens under her touch, which has her pressing herself in to her partner ever more.

"Don't make it a habit, hmm?~ You'll be able to find better reasons to visit the clinic..." Lyalah teases with a toothy grin, blushing quite obviously from the kiss on her neck. "Scheduled checkups, perhaps.~"
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Yana » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:57 am

"Eh, he'll be fine. Hold on to me!" Annaliese shouted over whipping branches and whistling leaves. Grim thundered into the holt like an acrobatic freight train, leaving behind the semblance of civilization in a heartbeat. That single road was the only construction daring enough to cut through the woods Anna had called home; from here, the ancient verdancy of the Mako Forest consumed the horizon in every direction. With alarming expertise, the gigantic wolf weaved through a heavy copse of tall, almost oppressively green trees - it took merely seconds for the woods to visibly pick up in age as they escaped the road, forcing Grim to bounce over networks of gnarled roots as stout as a person as he honed in on some goal that would quickly be lost to Eve amid the rocky ride: lime green mosses, colourful lichens and light-hungry flowers clung to the roots and the shrubbery, blurring the forest into an impressionistic watercolour drying in the morning sun that filtered through the thick, sheltering canopy above.

"Hey, you got your luggage? Keep your back straight, try not to kick his flanks!" Annaliese said, double-checking Eve's grip as they splashed through a little brook where a terrified deer had been trying to drink. The girl remained unconcerned as the flatland morphed into soft, rolling hills that led to Grim squashing abandoned nests and sending flocks of birds squawking in terror as he bumped into trees and bounded across fallen logs. This forest teemed with life that had always been sheltered from conquest and understanding, and that alone had earned it a place in Patria's history and in Passernan culture. It'd always been a provider of sorts to the people of this planet; in the early colonial days, its outskirts had been a plentiful source of wood and meat, and as society grew, it became a refuge for many hermits, magi, hunters and eccentrics with the endurance and patience to make peace with the unwelcoming fauna and seemingly endless bad luck that had warded off nosy vacationers, poachers and businessmen.

But as is inevitable, the riotous growth of Passerna itself had drawn most Patrians back into the metropolis in the past two centuries or so, leaving Mako Forest to stand unperturbed as lush vanguard for the city and a recurring source of excitement for those curious and smart enough to respect it. Plenty of bonfires twinkled in the distance on holiday evenings, while fishing boats dotted the Severn River on the weekends. But the forest's most recurring tolerance, it seemed, was for the many mischievous lovers who used it as a private refuge. It was was rare for Anna to meet the few others who had likewise built homes deep in the woods - much like Aunt Elen, they chose this place to be away from the galaxy for their own unknowable reasons.

It was peaceful, and shrouded by the leafy roof above, the confident stillness of the trees and the wild songs of nature, Anna had always felt safe. She treated it well, and it returned the favour.

"Whoo!" she called as Grim rumbled down the hillside and lunged across a babbling stream, setting the two of them alight as he soared to an opposing boulder. The gigantic wolf landed harshly, slamming them back down. Anna, for her part was floaty enough to escape with just a dizzying tingle in her tailbone that was instantly overwritten by disorientation as Eve slammed into her back with a pained grunt, obviously in an effort to break her fall.

"You okay? We're just about there. I can hear the river." Anna said through a wince, reaching back to pat her cousin sympathetically. True enough, the terrain cleared out as Grim scrambled up the embankment, and bursting through one final thicket, the wolf skidded onto the midst of a trail. The thick woods had calmed into a low, tranquil orchard of young trees bearing various fruit - chief among them, apples. Clearly well-travelled, the path wound gently into the distance, towards the mounting babble of moving water. Annaliese tapped Grim's sides, and the oversized dog skedaddled down the way until the trail twisted to run parallel with a deep, sparkling blue river visible through the line of trees dividing the path and the slender meadow bordering the water. Here, birds chimed in the distance without a care in the world, and one could see a few animals lapping at the silky turquoise water on the other side, some hoping to catch one of the many fish doting beneath the surface.

The worst of the trip over, Grim slowed to a leisurely trot as made his way up the riverside. Old wooden fencing began to border the trail as he walked on, and in moments a small house came into view: drenched with moss, wood and stone gripped by vines and flowers and its roof a virtual garden in itself, the cozy square cottage sat atop a short hill some distance from the river, shrouded in thick plants and shielded by tall trees that would've rendered it totally invisible if not for the wisp of smoke rising from its chimney and the comfy-looking wooden deck overlooking the water, complete with some chairs and an umbrella. A path of wide, flat stones rose up the hillside to the front door, flanked on both sides by neatly preened rows of colourful flowers. A few flower boxes, hangers, statuettes and other garden decor punctuated the property here and there - while it didn't look like much at first glance, Anna knew that her mother took immense efforts to mix the discretion of the wilderness into the cottage lifestyle she'd always wanted to experience. Even now, her enthusiasm hadn't faded.

"Well... here we are! Home sweet home. Still in one piece?" Anna said with a bashful grin, fully expecting Evelynn to be underwhelmed for now. From here, it didn't hold a candle to the kilometre-high skyscrapers of Ainheim, but.

Grim slowed to a halt and settled down on his belly upon a tap to the ribs, panting but visibly excited. Anna slid off deftly.

"Oh, here, I'll take your stuff. No arguments!" she said, relieving Eve of her alarmingly light luggage without giving her a chance to reply. Maybe she was only staying for a few days? Anna shooed off creeping disappointment - no need to be bummed out just yet, especially when she had no idea what brought her cousin here. Suitcase in hand, she lent Eve a helping shoulder (or two) off of Grim, sensing that she'd be a touch shaky after that hellacious trip. Anna then looked to her dog, who'd picked up a few new coats of dirt in addition to the unsightly splotch of blood on his back. She hummed in an exaggerated fashion.

"Mm, I'm thinking you need a bath, mister." she said. Grim was bound to get filthy, but it'd been a while since his last bath and Aunt Elen was barely willing to tolerate him on the property even when he was clean; enormous paw prints could be seen here and there around the property, including in the flowers. The wolf rolled over onto his side, as if offering belly rubs in exchange for being set free.

"Uh-uh! Bath, now. Away!" she commanded with a nod towards to the river. Grim whined but rolled back to his feet, sprinting off towards the water. Satisfied, Anna began her way up the path with their luggage in tow, and about halfway up, the calm of the forest was interrupted by a cacophonous explosion, followed by the terrified squawking of birds and a pillar of white mist rocketing above the treetops. Looking over, Anna saw Grim splashing around playfully. Obviously overstimulated by the rushing water and the feeling of nearby fish, he bobbed his head under the surface and swept around with his paws, easily working against the current.

"Good baby!" she shouted. His tail wagged, soaking a terrified rabbit paralysed with fear on the other bank of the river. The oversized wolf dipped under the surface and disappeared downriver.

"Up here. I know it doesn't look like much, buuuut... well, you'll see!" Anna said. Mom, Auntie and Dad had all put a lot of work into this place. Coming to the door - a sturdy, seamless piece of aged, polished wood latticed with metal and decorated with a fresh wreath hanging from a nail - Anna wiped her boots on the coarse woven mat at its foot:

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Pushing it open with a loud creak, she knocked.

"Oiiiiiiiiiiiii! Auntie! Mom! Eve's here!" she called, stepping inside.

The cottage was a tightly clustered room, centered mostly around a quaint red brick fireplace to their right in which a few logs, mostly ash by now, smoldered brightly. Two cozy-looking padded chairs faced the fire, flanking a stand replete with leather-bound classic fiction, a small tome about Sigil theory and glossy magazines about country living, cooking and firearms. The blue oval rug on the floor had seen its share of use - Anna remembered playing on it as a baby. Across from the front door was another door leading out onto the deck, and to the right of that a tiny stove and kitchenette atop which sat an empty teapot and a shelf with some flour and spices. Immediately to the duo's right was a bookshelf packed with more of the same works from the stand, and atop it stood rows of tchotchkes and knick-knacks of all origins and makes, from weirdly shaped rocks to souvenirs from Skylat. A few small paintings of nature hung from the walls.

Lastly, a set of stairs leading downwards stood between the front and back door - a soft orange glow invited them inside.

Annaliese set down her basket on a stand next to the door and leaned down to untie her boots, setting them aside an unusually empty antique coat rack.

"Anyone here?" she called, rhetorically. No answer.

"Huh! Guess Mom and Auntie went out somewhere. Whatever though, they'll probably be back in a bit. Here, take off your shoes and I'll show you around." she said.

Hewn from the surrounding foundation, the staircase was immaculately polished stone that curved into a claustrophobic half-spiral. A trimmed blue rug followed the steps to add some colour. On the walls hung a series of three framed pictures, each depicting the Graele family in a different state: The first was a photo of a messy-haired young woman with large gold eyes hugging a handsome, boyish-looking young man with sandy hair, and the second was of the same woman – seemingly older now, the corners of her eyes etched with deep exhaustion – lying in a bed, clutching a sleeping baby wrapped in a blanket. The third was a photo of a young Annaliese, around seven years old, sitting on a log with the same sandy-haired man – Dad, of course – sticking out her tongue and throwing a peace sign. That was a fun camping trip.

While the staircase continued downwards, it first opened up into an enormous rectangular stone room with a tall, vaulted ceiling, supported by a frame of stout wooden beams from which hung decorative plaques, pennants and a small chandelier of warm red-orange lights perpetuated by Sigils engraved into the metal. The centre of the room had been cut two steps lower than the edges, creating a cozy space occupied by cozy-looking couches and a chair surrounding an antique-looking coffee table, all top a tremendously sized fur rug from some creature even larger than Grim. A massive television screen was fastened to a wall facing the largest sofa, behind which was a grand fireplace. Among other things were lined with bookshelves, armoires stocked with antiques or fine ceramics, various framed objects and a couple of hunting trophies, chief among them the head of an enormous silver bear killed by Dad.

"Ta-da!" Anna said with a grin, gesturing proudly. Two hallways extended from the corners to their immediate left and right, while three doors on the other side of the room accessed the rest of this floor. Directly across from them was the most unusual door: an imposing black wall of paneled wood, studded with gold and with no visible lock or handle. It seemed to cast a shadow over the rest of the room. This was the door to Aunt Eleanor's study, and only she had the spell to open it. Annaliese had never been allowed in there in her entire life, and despite her intense curiosity, Aunt Elen had done a worrying job of stifling it. The most Anna had ever snuck a peek of was a part of an enormous bookshelf. Auntie only ever seemed to leave or enter when she wasn't around - it bugged her, but Anna had mostly gotten over it as she aged.

"Cool, right? Auntie Elen did all this by herself. Well, with Dad's help - he did some of the wood stuff, and Mom decorated. But it's all made from Stone Sigils. Auntie Elen didn't want a big mansion out in the forest, 'cuz it'd attract too much attention. So she built underground!" Annaliese explained, tapping a knuckle against the masonry. Where the stone it wasn't smooth, it had been broken apart and then fixed back together with mortar, creating a kind of rustic - if not medieval - look complimented by the glow of the chandelier.

"It's pretty private, anyway. Come on, I'll show you my room first-- actually, one sec... " Annaliese made for the rightward corridor and then whirled around to the left.

"Oiiii, Mom, you in here?" The girl called, pushing open the door at the end of the hall:

Mom's room always looked cozy and tidy, which would've made it hard to tell if she was just here if not for the envelope and ribbon-wrapped bottle of wine on the table. Annaliese rolled her eyes and held back a smile; leave it to Dad to make every day Valentine's Day. Odds are they'd be back later. Aunt Elen had taken special effort to make sure she was comfortable here - the pool was a private luxury just for her.

"Oh, guess she went out with Dad. Did you tell them when you were getting here? No big deal, though - just means I can show you around and stuff. Come check out my room." Anna said. While the stone was impregnated with magic and was warm to the touch, the trimmed carpet did a better job of keeping their feet comfy.

From down the hallway, one could already see a triangular yellow warning sign depicting silhouette of a wolf hanging from the door.

DANGER
WOLF X'ING

As she approached, Anna unfastened her cloak and tucked it under her shoulder, exposing the Shopkeeper in its leather holster. She nudged open the door:

While far less luxurious than her mother's room, Anna's place was tight and cozy enough for her. A little on the messy side, her dresser and mirror were punctuated with stickers and other little knick-knacks, and her generously sized bed was home to a trio of stuffed animals - one of whom had fallen onto the white, fuzzy rug occupying most of the floor. A few posters of famous rappers and gun manufacturers decorated the walls. Most unusual about this room, however, was the morning sunlight impossibly streaming in a strange-looking window tucked behind some curtains near her bed: Eve would soon recognise it as a light screen, a simple appliance common on many planets where the days were short or where not all people had the fortune to live in the sunlight. It generated light, darkness and various imagery according to the weather and time of day, creating the illusion of being above ground. It wasn't enough to sate her taste for nature, but it kept her healthy.

"So," Anna said, whisking up her fallen stuffed animal and tossing it on to her bed.

"What do you think? Not bad, huh?" she asked, standing Eve's luggage in the corner and unbuttoning the Shopkeeper's holster to hang it lazily on her closet door. The blonde girl sailed onto her bed, reclining on her side. An expectant glimmer tinged her red eyes. Her cousin looked rather pensive.

"Oh! Ah, don't mind my shotgun. Dad gave me that for my b-day. Juuuuust in case. Never know when a fire-breathing taxi monster is gonna attack, right?" she said. A shy smile emerged on her expression.
We can live forever if you've got the time.
Yana

Postby Meep Meepersons » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:24 am

Nola sipped her drink as her leader went about explaining the plan. After the couple had been broken up the idea of jumping right into the fight sounded very appealing to the young woman. "Cap'n I'll be glad to Volunteer for the assault on Passerna, storming into enemy territory and taking their stuff is what I'm all about." She says with a smirk before finishing off her sweet strawberry beverage, standing up to her full height in her pink body armor, picking up her hammer and checking her shield's status. "I'll get you what you need!" She says confidently, poking her thumb up.
Meep Meepersons

Postby CondorBoH » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:59 am

With a thin layer of pre and drool currently the only thing connecting the guard and the messenger, Aurora let out a swift sigh. That was intense. That was REALLY intense, this girl was good at this shit.
She looked down at the Messenger, listening to their conversation. There was some level of familiarity there that didn't sit right to her, but it was something that was probably best ignored. Aurora gave another satisfied gasp once Miss Messenger got to work with her hands, her crotch pushing forward somewhat. It'd be rude to try and shove it back in her mouth mid conversation, wouldn't it?

"Well, it's probably for the best that this'll be a short trip. The curiosity must be a pain in the ass. Oh, by the way, we got a few more minutes before we land, but the captain wants us finished up by then."
Aurora shot a wink down to the woman jerking her off, then craned her neck to look at the merc.

"Don't think I haven't been hearing your creepy ramblings, buddy. Quit torturing the poor boy, new cock suckers gotta ease into it slow. If this planet makes everyone this randy he'll get plenty of practice before long."
CondorBoH

Postby Reaver » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:38 am

"Hm. Well I appreciate your candor if nothing else. I won't keep you from going back to what you were doing." Adding a small chuckle at the end while slowly scratching behind Derek's ears. It hadn't been a definite answer or ruled anything out so it was still possible that Bayrios wasn't going to send an edict yet. A thought had occurred however during the increasingly delightful blowjob that perhaps he was looking at the edict from the wrong perspective. Razajin knew better than most that Bayrios didn't ravage every planet that resisted with an edict, sometimes he opted to send in invasion forces like he was now on Patricia because there were valuable resources that couldn't be destroyed and would need a hospitable environment to be collected. Councilwoman Mars was still trying to get the gears of war turning so that meant an invasion was still on the table, so this edict, if the councilwoman knew of it's hypothetical arrival, wouldn't be one to devastate the world to such a state that taking Bavaria would be impossible or unnecessary. If it wasn't going to single-handedly end the war and rebellion then perhaps it would accomplish it subtly by either reducing the defenses of Bavaria itself or force the rebel members to come out of hiding and turn themselves in. That'd be a sight to see, rebels lining up to be executed. There probably aren't any among them worth integrating into the empire anyways or they wouldn't have joined such a suicidal cause.

Razajin had seen enough rebellions to know this one was too little, too late. If they had wanted to truly stand a chance they should have immediately surrendered then integrated and sabotaged from the inside. Diluting or changing the batches of promethium as they left the system would have done more to slow Bayrios' conquering of every planet he set his eyes on than this little resistance was now. A small portion was diverted and focused here but the Empire was still spreading in all other directions during the months they had their little last stand. It was probably a matter of pride that forced them to keep fighting in the face of absolute loss, because if they kept it up one day Bayrios would simply decide it was more worthwhile to bombard parts of the planet and accept the loss of resources than continue to waste manpower in a war of attrition. But hey, what did he know? He was just a Minister who had put down more terrorist and rebellion cells than Bayrios has used edicts.

These were the type of thoughts that the minister assassin enjoyed to consider and indulge, especially when he would be adding more information and memories to his already expansive knowledge on the operations of rebels. The experience was all the more enjoyable by the more than ever adept bj. The boy's skill seemed to be improving at an exponential rate, evident by his lips occasionally touching his bush and balls. It wasn't just better technique that was making it better, now was a certain intimacy to it, the way one might meticulously wash a single glass to avoid thinking about their troubles, a desire to please as an escape from one's own thoughts. Razajin knew it well by now, the mind running itself in circles with conflicting logic and emotions as it's forced to face the possibility of a new reality it never could have anticipated. It usually surfaced after a few days of punishment and use, after they realized resistance wouldn't impact anything but before wholeheartedly giving in to him, when they figured it was easiest to just give him what he wanted at the moment rather than think about what was in store for them later. That type of thinking was one of the first steps so Razajin figured a reward was in order. One of his hands deftly undid the front to the wolf-boy's pants before snaking in to give him the pleasure he deserved. He didn't waste any time, lathering his fingers in Derek's pre-cum before starting to work the shaft at a relative fast pace.

"You're doing very good now. I'm impressed by how quickly you're getting the hang of this." Giving him a honest compliment and another ear scratch along with a wide smile and gentle voice. Positive reinforcement of conditioned behavior was obviously an important step, through kind words and pleasurable stimuli the boy would eventually serve without question and associate such behaviors with reward and pleasure. Hopefully he'd also be given reasons and opportunities to apply some negative reinforcement, just to keep things interesting of course. "Let me know when you're close though, a couple of taps against my thigh will do." The implication that he should keep his mouth busy until Razajin told him otherwise, blatantly obvious. He was ready to cum at any time but had been holding himself back for a few minutes now, knowing that a perfect moment to fill the wolf-boy's mouth full of thick seed would show itself soon enough. As for where the soldier's jizz would go, Razajin pulled out a simple black and red frilled accented silk handkerchief from his backpack and draped it across his left knee.

This was an almost perfect start to what would become the defining days of his career and hopefully chock full of death and rape. Or rather it was until then the bodyguard spoke to him and forced it to be downgraded to pretty great, which wasn't too bad in itself and comparable to breaking in two sisters in front of each other, but it still wasn't almost perfect anymore.

"How can we be buddies when we haven't even exchanged names?" Feigning amusement as he figured it would be easier to try to enjoy the blowjob and humor the cyborg than shoot her for trying to tell him how to train his new pets. No one liked a backseat sex trainer and he'd be damned if he was going to let his latest pet slut it up across Patrica before he completely broke him in. Perhaps a collar to let others know the boy already had an owner was in order? "As for this studious and loving boy, he seems to be learning quickly under my instructions and having fun while doing it. Besides....." His hand slipping further into Derek's pants to cup both balls with one hand and slowly massage them. "He's not complaining at all. A rare flower like him requires attentive and specific teaching methods to truly blossom. You can't rush it and you can't put it onto other people to do it. It requires a personal..... And almost loving touch." His voice becoming soft and full of emotion as he imagined how beautiful and enjoyable the wolf-boy would be once he trained him to completion.

"At least that's what the mistress at the last brothel I visited told me!" Quickly recovering and adding in a long laugh as he pretended it was all part of a joke. "The boy will be fine and I'll even introduce him to some higher-ups I know from some previous contracts in return for this fun time once we land. Not that I should even have to consider assuaging your fears about this." Fixing Aurora with a steely gaze and wide grin. His unoccupied hand slowly tracing the length of his shotgun to provide an additional and more subtle reason for her to not press much further. Razajin just wanted to enjoy the remainder of the blowjob as much as possible before he'd have to go to work on removing these idiotic rebels from the planet and steal particular councilwoman's seat.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Firehead » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:43 am

Derek continued to focus his attention on slurping the cock in his mouth in an attempt to tune out whatever discussion was going on about the message. His eyes had gone out of focus after just watching Jason's crotch moving closer and further over and over, and he was sure he had covered the entire shaft almost entirely in his saliva by the time he felt Jason's hand brush across the backs of his ears. They perked up to attention risking the chance of hearing something he'd rather avoid only to find the conversation had passed to other topics. Of course, that didn't mean he could slack off any. The merc had promised unpleasant things if this wasn't finished by the time they had landed, and that couldn't be that much longer now.

Derek gave a gasp at the sudden feeling of Jason's hands stroking the length of his own member. He was confused to find how rigid and slick his member had remained even while being ignored over such a long time. Was he actually enjoying this? NO! He was being forced to suck another man's dick. There was no way he could actually be enjoying it. He could feel his cock throb in Jason's hand, and Derek couldn't help but moan at the feeling. He felt embarrassed to be praised for how quickly he had improved, and yet there was nothing he could do to escape the situation. Of course, Jason wanted a warning for when Derek should start getting close, but he didn't want it to interrupt the blowjob either.

His hopes perked up when he heard the guard start to speak up for him, but then she called him a cock sucker making it clear she was only barely concerned with his situation. Four other people on this ship, and not one of them had any concern for what was happening to him right now. Jason didn't seem like he cared for her advice, in any case, talking about Derek as if he was barely even there. There wasn't much he could do about it in any case. He was still sure the Merc would find a way to have his fun regardless of how much of a fight Derek put up. At least this way Jason was being a lot less rough with him. He paused his actions to moan out when Jason cupped his balls before remembering himself and getting back to slurping on the older man's cock. His stomach felt full with all the pre he'd ended up drinking so far. How long was this going to last? His cock had been left alone for most of it, and already he was approaching his limit. He remembered Jason's instructions and placed his hand upon the mercenaries thigh. A few moments later his hand instinctively clenched as his cock started to throb and release its seed. He could feel another louder moan about to escape him, but he quickly pushed himself down taking Jason to the base using the cock in his throat to hide the sound from everyone in the room.
Firehead

Postby Soref12 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:48 am

Gaia listened just about as well as she could to Arya's words, timing her laughing fit carefully with a hand over her mouth and the surprised noises of the couple in the booth. Chances were that someone noticed it, but she didn't have time to worry about the lack of decorum -or if that even mattered considering that her leader just dumped a bucket of ice water on people getting it on- because Arya was talking once again. She listened intently to the job line-up, and eventually determined that if she was ever going to get a hold of the very thing she joined the movement for, she'd want to be apart of the team to retrieve it. So doing a complete 180 of her usual self, Gaia stood up next to the muscle-chick and pulled on her very best 'serious soldier' act, salute and all, "Ma'am, I'd like to join the infiltration team set for obtaining the Edict. I believe my abilities in Illusion sigils would assist greatly and maybe offer a higher element of surprise to the enemy." By the end of that sentence anyone could tell that the elven woman was struggling not to laugh, and after just two more seconds of holding the pose she dropped the act entirely and doubled over, laughing at her own joke, "Ooooh... oh man that's just, heh... But in all honesty Arya, sign me up for that shit, when are we doing this?" She looked back up at their leader, a mirthful smirk on her face. If no one else was going to start being serious, she might as well join in on the fun.
Soref12

Postby Nicoffee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:56 pm

MONDAY, 2ND OF PATRIA'S FEBRUARY. 9:15 AM PLANETARY TIME. 7:40 PM BAYRIOS CAPITAL TIME.

Cara, Nola and Gaia

Arya nodded in joyous approval as Nola and Gaia volunteered for the assignments. Right after they did, some other people began to stand up from their seats to volunteer as well. Before long, there were small teams assigned for each of the missions that Arya had handed out. "All right!" She shouted. "We begin mobilizing right away! Everyone go get ready!"

Nola

Nola and three others had been put on the assault at the Weapons Depot over at Passerna, alongside with their own weapons, Arya had given all of them a truck, for them to transport as much of the equipment as possible on their way back.

Truck
https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/project_modules/disp/6e92f614912101.5628a9e86398f.png

Party Member 1 - Laylah Villzheim
http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/sample/__original_drawn_by_kasagarasu__sample-14d371338fe35c1d060520a0546692cc.jpg

Party Member 2 - Donnovan Sallwer
http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/sample/__ezra_bridger_star_wars_and_star_wars_rebels_drawn_by_matsuri6373__sample-3a76109fbc3d3baaeec9703eb5836a95.jpg

Party Member 3 - Zu Wan
http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/sample/__original_drawn_by_houtengeki__sample-d90dd32a1a6fa565057f832f382a9199.jpg

The party met right behind Andy's bar, Zu spoke up first. "...'Sup. Our target is just on the outskirts of Passerna, but it's still within city walls. We'll need to figure out a way to make it past the town's security check points." She stated, pulling up a holographic map on her PDA and zooming in on your target, it was a big warehouse, located on, as previously stated, the outskirts of Passerna. It was constructed right up against the wall, too. So there were a few options available here.

"We could scale the wall and come in through the warehouse's roof." Donnovan suggested, rubbing the back of his head.

"That is of course, assuming they don't have any defenses at the top of the walls? I say we go through the wall itself, get some explosives and blow the area up, get the weapons and bail." Laylah promptly retorted.

"...Yes, because that sure as hell would be subtle, wouldn't it? We have a truck, and it's not like they known we'll be with the resistance. We can sneak our way past the check points and then go to the warehouse normally, without raising suspicion!" Zu coined in.

...Well, seems like there was a bit of an impasse here...You could support one of their ideas, or throw your own in and try to argue it out.

Gaia

Your mission would require a fair bit more finesse, so you ended up with just a small part of two. Yourself and...

Josceline Winters
http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/sample/__original_drawn_by_l_x_x__sample-5c97f48881e3ea108dffd680cf046a84.jpg

"Yo." Josce called out to you, waving her hand. "Seems we're stuck together for now, eh? Nice to make your acquaintance." She stated, crossing her arms as she seemed to size you up for a bit. "That Messenger or whoever who is carrying the message should be landing in Passerna any minute now...How do you wanna do this? I'm all up for suggestions." The girl stated, getting on top of a hover bike, which apparently was her own. "...Want a ride?"

Aurora + Aermis + Razajin + Derek + Marta Lou

As Gordin informed Aurora, it was only a few more minutes before you had finally landed on Passerna proper, the loud beeping lights above advising everyone to sit down properly, put on your seatbelts and remove any choking hazards from your mouth in preparation for the landing. The messenger had gone off to her quarters after her current endeavors were finished, to pick something up before they left the ship, apparently.

Once the ship had finally landed, Gordin was with all of you again, an awkward blush as he stood beside the bunch of you as the hangar doors slowly opened. "Well, you're all here. Feel free to uh...Stretch your legs and what not, Aurora, but watch the coc- I mean, clock. We'll just be fueling up and then we'll be ready to depart. If this planet is getting...Well, you know, I don't want to stick around to see it." He confessed, waving his hands around as he waddled off ahead to speak with the local workers into getting the ship refueled.

As for the others, however, they found that they had a bit of a reception waiting for them. Councilwoman Sybille "Venus" Arrobestra was there, alongside with a small entourage of soldiers, among which one of them was Marta Lou herself. As far as Marta knew, they had been sent along here to escort the Councilwoman and the new arrivals, specifically the Messenger up to...Well, the press, really. "...You bunch are supposed to be the reinforcements?" Venus spoke, in disbelief, her arms crossed as she seemed to be gritting her teeth under her lips. "...This best be a joke, unless one of you is packing a fucking-"

"I bring a message from Bayrios, to you and the entire populace of Patria." The Messenger announced, arriving a little behind you all, now carrying under her arm what appeared to be a large, conical, leather and metal case embroidered in gold and silver, holding what you could only assume was the message that she was talking about. The Messenger seemed to struggle ever so slightly to carry that thing with one arm, it was roughly four feet long and half a feet wide in radius. A small lock at the very center of it was seemingly the only way to open it.

"...I see." Venus spoke, rubbing the lower part of her chin. "...Well, let's not waste any time then. The press has been on my ass about this Edict for forever now. Let's get this over with, come, all of you." She stated, turning around and heading back outside, leading straight into what appeared to be a courtyard, where a bunch of reporters and people had gathered up right down below.

Lyalah

"I would very much like that!" Rol confirmed, both her hands slipping to the sides of Lyalah's waist as she would slowly begin pulling the doctor's panties down and out of the way. Rol ran a tentative finger over Lyalah's slit, feeling up the doctor's sex for a moment before she adjusted herself around, turning Lyalah to face herself. With her hands, still tightly grasping Lyalah's hips, she would pull the doctor's snatch closer to her own face, intent on giving the good doctor some oral love before getting down to further business. Rol's tongue slipped out of her mouth and, it was at this moment that Lyalah found out that Rol's tongue was forked, at the tip. As the pilot's unique tongue found its way into Lyalah's pussy, the forked parts of it doubling down on the sensations of cunnilingus as Rol's tongue slowly but firmly lathered up Lyalah's cunt.

After her privates had been properly lathered up, Rol finally pulled her face away with a gasped sigh, her tongue hanging low for a moment before she slowly began to descend Lyalah onto her twin cocks.

Echo

"...Good answer!" Cindy stated, before pulling out a small syringe gun and shooting it at the back of Byron's neck, which he replied to with a loud 'ow!'. Before you could question it, Cindy smiled. "...Consider this a safety measure...So, I just injected poison into your lovely cousin here."

"What?!"

"Quiet. So, as I was saying, poison. He'll die in 48 hours...Unless, of course, you help me! Sorry, I know you already agreed, but I don't like taking chances. Besides, if you cooperate properly and all that, there's nothing to worry about, is there?" She grinned, slowly pulling away the gun from Byron's head, since she, according to what she said at least, didn't really even need it anymore. "Here's the deal, I'm with Homeworld, yes, and I want YOU to bug their network." Cindy stated, calmly. "We need information on what's happening inside Passerna. And while we COULD send spies or try to hack our way over remote entries, this isn't what we need. We need something from the higher ups...Venus herself, even, if possible. I want you to get information that could help the resistance retake Passerna. Structural weaknesses, guard shifts, her e-mails, I don't care. Whatever you find, you download it, you give it to us. In exchange, I give you the serum for your cousin...And we never bother you again...Deal?"

Annaliese + Evelynn

The introduction was somewhat cut short by the loud sound of wood and stone moving around. It was the sound of Eleanor's Study opening up...Had she been in there the whole time?

http://static.zerochan.net/Nailah.full.560622.jpg

By the time Annaliese or Evelynn made it back to the main room, the door to the study had already closed back up, but Aunt Eleanor herself was sitting on the sofa, pale as Annaliese would notice and with an intense look of worry, as she seemed to be staring intently at the television, which she had just turned on. "...We have a problem." She spoke, voice raspy and serious.

All

"Good morning, citizens of Patria! This is Lisa Lavender, from the Venturis News Network. We are here talking to you live from Patria, the newest place where Overlord Bayrios the great has set their sights on." The reporter spoke again, a big smile on her face. "We are here now to receive Bayrios's Messenger, who we have just been told has a message for all of Patria!"

The camera shifted around to focus on the Messenger herself, who was now slowly approaching the microphone that had been set up at the courtyard, the large, conical case of her message in her arms.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/__original_drawn_by_soft_h__dcb0bb762ecf34be2dba1b9781f48211.jpg

She suddenly opened up the frontal part of her armor, baring her chest to pretty much the entirety of the planet at once. There was a bit of a gasp of shock among everyone, but not because she had her boobs on display, no, instead, it was rather what was in there, too. Quite literally stitched and woven into the skin of her chest, right in-between her breasts was a golden key, inserted inside of her chest as if to keep something locked and kept attached to her body by three silver chains which seemed to go down one to her belly button and the other two to the sides of her waist. She firmly grasped the key and pulled it out, only to then move it to the case and use it to unlock the message within. As the conical case was unlocked, it let out a loud 'clack' before it swung open, letting out a massive sheet of canvas from within, the Messenger's eyes scanned past the words and as they did, the Edict came into effect.

Everyone, all over, immediately began to feel heavier, like a massive weight had just been dropped on them. Lyalah found herself getting slammed down with amazing force onto Rol's cocks, which seemed to surprise the pilot as much as Lyalah, as she let out a loud yelp. Annaliese's entire house shook for a moment, almost feeling like it was in an earthquake before the stone managed to hold on. Off in the space dock, the Ship where you all had just arrived on suddenly slammed down against the metal, scaring and crushing a few of the local workers. Echo's entire manor shook, the chandeliers and lights high up in the ceilings struggling to stay where they where. Nola and Gaia's vehicles both suddenly slammed onto the floor, losing a fair bit of acceleration suddenly, as they nearly sunk into the ground.

The messenger promptly began to read from the scroll, she took a deep breath and then spoke, her voice booming out loudly.

"Those who defy Our just and lawful Order are traitors, threats, enemies to Our Empire. Let Our armies prove their good faith by taking Bavaria, Patria's Capital, from those who defy Our Will. For as long as Our representative, who now reads this message, does not occupy Bavaria's Town Hall and resolves this Edict, it is decreed the Gravity in Patria will intensify. If the conditions of this Edict are not met by the Fifth Planetary Day of Patria, the planet's gravity shall become such, that it will crumble upon itself and become a gravitational singularity."

"Well, folks! Seems like it's time to abandon the planet huh? Aren't you glad we of Venturis News Network are here to inform you of this-" Lisa Lavender was cut off as the Messenger continued the message.

"Those who fail in their duty to bring justice to our enemies are, in Our eyes, equally treasonous."

"...What?" Venus spoke loud enough for the mic to pick up her voice, regardless, the Messenger continued.

"Until this Edict is resolved, no ships may leave Patria's atmosphere, bear them Our mark or that of others. Those who failed Us, prove your worth, fulfill Our will, or be crushed by your failure. See this not as a threat, this is Our way of presenting an opportunity for you to show us your skill. Succeed, or perish."

And so, the Messenger began to slowly roll the Edict back into its case, a deadly silence creeping its way around the full courtyard. That silence remained for what felt like hours, even though it was just seconds, before one of the reporters in the crowd attempted to speak up. "...Councilwoman Venus, what are your-"

"SHUT UP." The councilwoman shouted back, pushing the Messenger out of the way as she grabbed the microphone. "We are done here! No time for questions! General Havellock, get the fuck over to my office, now. Soldiers, get these civilians out of here, if anyone fucking interrupts me in the next three days, they're getting shot. Dismissed!" Somberly, the soldiers slowly began to push the reporters and other civilians away from the locale, forcefully, if necessary.

Venus herself slowly turned to walk back into the building, pushing her way anyone who got in her way as she went to have a meeting with this General, apparently.

"...This is Lisa Lavender, live from Patria..." Lisa spoke, tears welling up on the sides of her eyes as she seemed to be incredibly pale. "W-We'll be sure to keep you inf-informed of...Any results regarding the-the-" She was cut off as one of the soldiers came over shouting. "Are you deaf? Shove off, now! Turn that camera off-!" The transmission was cut off.

Patria's gravity has raised from 10 Gs to 15 Gs. 62 hours and 45 minutes until planetary destruction.
Nicoffee

Postby Soref12 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:25 am

Gaia sized up the woman the moment she realized they'd be working together, though she did her best to hide it and slowly came to the realization that Josceline thankfully had about the same laid-back attitude that she did. Of course, her's was partially meant to hide her cowardly nature, but there wasn't much to say the woman in front of her wasn't the same. Still, as with all strangers it was worth keeping them at a relative safe distance throughout until she'd gotten some more information, not too difficult if the ride over there allowed as much small talk as she thought it might.

That session of rationale over, about the same time that the woman had ended her pleasantries, Gaia started thinking more carefully on the question she'd just been presented. Then as the offer for a ride was given she gave Josceline a short nod with her usual smirk, hopping on the back and doing her best to make her inevitable waist gripping as least awkward as possible. Chances were that the woman wouldn't mind much considering they were both a resident of this planet, but being the sort to try and control her own urges to a fault, she did her best to avoid giving off any invitations. A jester she may be, but a sexual deviant she is not.

The question though... that was what occupied the forefront of her mind, until it didn't. She broadened her smirk and let a carefree undertone seep into her voice, "Thanks for the ride of course but here's the answer to your question, and it's a mouthful so be ready." Gaia took a deep breath as they started moving towards their objective, double-checking her words quickly, "So the way I figure, they're going to be on the move for a bit right? Stealth is key, far as I can tell, but I think we can wing it until we actually manage to get a feel for their thus far unknown defenses. That isn't to say I don't like being unprepared however, so while I don't think we should be planning too much, I figure if we're going to work with just the two of us we're going to want to know each other's mindsets and abilities." She wrapped her arm around the woman's waist and used her other to offer a free handshake, "Proper introductions, my name's Gaia and I am one of the biggest magic enthusiasts you'll likely ever see in the resistance, I have affinities for emotion, illusion, and frost sigils and I sure as hell use them to screw around on a day to day basis. The highlight of my career is managing to freeze a mug of coffee to someone's mouth and make them think a little monster was tugging on their tongue, I haven't gotten caught yet either so don't spread that around. But that's about the gist of my MO, what about you?" She planned to pull her hand back as soon as it was shook, and not a moment sooner, then listened to whatever response was given.

Gaia planned on shooting the shit with Josceline after introductions were in order, but was prevented from doing that as the news broadcasted once more. She did her best to ignore the morbid display of the messenger's chest, choosing to focus on the key as it opened the container. Tensions built in her chest as she saw the messenger pull out the Edict, her mind recognizing danger looming just as much as it reassured her that her prize was really here.

The sudden multiplication of force on her person and seemingly everything around her added a different kind of tension, and the jolt of hitting the ground made her yelp in surprise as her heart started beating considerably faster. Gaia took a moment to check her person for any damages as the hover bike fixed it's position before shouting, "What the hell was that?!" An apt reaction if she ever knew one.

As her question was answered by the messenger's reading, Gaia took careful note of word choice and tried to ignore the terrifying implications, clinging onto the hope that a loophole would present itself as their sentence was realized. It only got worse as the Edict continued, though Gaia waited for the transmission to cut before voicing her opinions, "Holy shit... every single person on the damn planet was just made a potential enemy of the resistance. We're so fucking boned."
Soref12

Postby MelissaB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:05 pm

Karna was on her way to work, eating a light snack to keep her energy up and get there on time, her mind absent, filled with fleeting dreams and ideas. The canine security guard was drumming her hand along the hilt of her pistol her eyes scanning those she passes and giving them a metal gleaming smile when thy looked her way, her tail bobbing behind her with each step. Eagerly she was on her way to work in Bavaria at a local office building, another day another time to be alive and get paid. "Well this is going be dull, not like anyone actually tries anything in this place." She comments calmly before heading over, taking a stop to check herself in the mirror she catches a glimpse on a screen of the news, her eye brow raised and her head tilted in confusion, checking the time she nods. "got time." She comments out loud before listening, it's not until the gravity hits that she braces herself, suddenly falling to a knee before she can find her footing, groaning she lifts herself up and listens, "The fuck..." She asks looking around with a glare.

Hearing and listening her fear builds, the fuck, how... she wasn't even allowed to escape this crap? "Well.... fuck..." She comments out loud for anyone to hear. Looking around she shakes her head. Five days? well going to work seems utterly fucking pointless and right now that also meant chaos might just start rampaging across the city as the threat of planet wide death. Looking around frantically she grabs her phone and looks around, getting out of the way of the street practically certain that it wouldn't be long for shit to really hit the fan and deciding she wanted to do something helpful rather than get swept up in it. Heading back the way she came she rushes along alternating between checking if her phone connected to seeing what the people around her were doing while making her way to Andy's bar.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby lilbooth » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:03 am

"Well it's not like I have much of fucking choice huh?" Said Echo crossing her arms angrily. "You just going to wait here and babysit while I go out and do the work or will you be leaving? We have the best doctor that money can buy, and you and I both know the resistance doesn't have the best resources, so this poison probably isn't going to be hard to identify and purge from his system. Hell, I could just throw Byron here on dialysis to get it out of his system, that and a bit of fresh blood and he will be fine." She said as she stepped closer to Cindy. "But fuck it, I'll play along. You got a bug for me or do I have to get that myself?" She questioned as the whole estate violently shook.

Echo grabbed the arm of the chair to steady herself and as everything felt much heavier all of a sudden. "As I was saying..." Started Echo as she straightened herself out. "I am headed to meet the councilwomen shortly, most likely in a neutral place but I might be invited inside one of their operating locations. I am to invite her to a party at the estate, more persuade her to come really, my family most likely already sent one, I am supposed to convince her of the proposition. I'll gather what info I can and send the location for the drop. For now sweetie, your job is done, hit the road." Said as Echo as she gestured towards the door and blew Cindy a kiss. So long as Cindy complied with her request Echo would wait for her to leave before calling for a doctor, even if Cindy was right and he would die without the serum, the dialysis would help him feel better regardless. Once Byron was in safe hands she would tear through the other "friends" phones. Once the phones were dealt with she would head for the front door. So long as Rivolo wasn't otherwise occupied there should be transport waiting for Echo, and all the party details would have been sent to her PDA. She would take the time in the car ride to dig up whatever info she could on the councilwomen, and the forces stationed in Passerna. Info on Passerna itself would be easy, most of it was public domain, and anything that wasn't would just take a bit of extra work. Blueprints, gas lines, water sources, power stations, all were useful. Getting anything inside the network would be tough but not impossible. Everything else would just take time, something that everyone seemed to be short on at the moment...
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby CondorBoH » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:50 pm

"I'll watch both."
Aurora gave the pilot a teasing little wink before exiting the ship. She kept a hand on the hilt of her sword and found somewhere to stand where she could watch the ship and notice any foul play. Guard duty was boring when there was nothing bad going on, but it still paid to be alert. She would listen when the Edict was read, mostly to keep track of anything that would permanently fuck this planet over. It was kind of nice, fucked with her common sense but that was to be expected.

Then the gravity hit.
Aurora adjusted to it a bit slower than the average human, her cyborg body taking its sweet ass time to regulate the required strength to move normally in increased gravity. She looked over to where the ship was, where the sound of screeching metal had happened. The guard jammed a finger into her ear, activating the com-link she had with the pilot.
"Gordin! Shit, you alright? I think some people are under the ship."

With some urgency she checked the ship's underside to see if anyone got stuck. She reckoned she could probably lift it enough to get someone slightly squished out from under it.
"Man, what the fuck..."
They couldn't leave. Either a rebel group let Them take over, or everyone here dies. Even the tourists! Bloody hell.
CondorBoH

Postby cliffracer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:03 am

Lyalah giggles softly at Rol's eagerness towards her offer, leaning back in to her and allowing her all the freedom she needs to touch and feel. She was already a little wet from the goings-on, but wasn't totally expecting Rol to take control of her hips to do some tonguework! It wasn't an uncommon gesture with Lyalah's previous partners, but a pleasant suprise every time. It almost balanced out the times they got straight to the rough stuff! The pilot manages to tease a suprised gasp through Lyalah's calm attitude when the forks on her tongue reveal themselves, more than glad to be on the recieving end of THOSE! Rol's eagerness to have her head between Lyalah's thick thighs was starting to make sense, but alas, the show must go on! Maybe next time Lyalah can ask for the full experience...

Glistening below and more than eager to get started, Lyalah had her arms draped around Rol's shoulders as the gravity of the planet decided to seal the deal for them. Both cocks were suddenly hilted in both of Lyalah's holes, and while that got just a gasp from Rol, Lyalah had a noisy whine forced out of her. She was blushing heavily, but the sudden worrying event just made her grin grow. "Well... H-how about that. That must be an Edict, no?" Breaths a little shaky after the sudden penetration, Lyalah rests her forehead against Rol's. "Not our problem yet... If you pull out before we're both done, I'll be severely disappointed.~" She worded that like a half-tease half-threat and accompanied it with some pointy teeth. Perhaps suprising considering her reputation as an 'angel'.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Marta found no surprise in Venus being displeased at the arrivals. Expecting reinforcements, it was understandable she would be upset that that there weren't even more of them. While Marta saw herself as one of the better soldiers around, she reluctantly had to admit that she had participated in one or two of the 'breaks' the foreign atmosphere were causing. It was partially why she had continued to wear clothing while on planet. Not only was it a bit more protective than wearing nothing, it also hid her nude form well enough to prevent additional 'provocations' due to her walking around in the nude.

Marta was relieved as they were informed that they had come with a message. Looking at the messenger, Martha was sure it was the Edict, something immediately confirmed by Venus. Hopefully this would all be over soon. While Martha was a soldier, she felt out of her element due to the 'incidents' that were quite unavoidable. She thought it would feel nice to get some R'n'R in after leaving the planet.

As they were told to move, Martha proceeded to fall into formation with the rest of the escort. As they came out into the courtyard, she saw many of the reporters. Martha hadn't had any trouble with reporters beforehand, but here, she had grown to dislike them slightly. They had shown just how intrusive they could be, and had also become another reason Martha had to wear her clothes at almost all times. It wasn't out of modesty, but rather the field day they would have with it that she wanted to avoid. While some coverage had already been done about the soldiers 'past time activities' having someone casually walk around in the nude, not helping the situation would have been something Venus of all people would like to keep away from the press. Marta had had quite a detailed briefing on what would happen to her if she made a scene like that with her habit. Not that Martha had to be told in the first place. However, Martha kinda appreciated the warning, since it in a way showed that Venus cared enough about them to attempt to keep them out of trouble, despite the headache she sometimes informed them they could be. Marta thought Venus would need some R'n'R herself after all this.

Being that close to the crew filming, Marta is able to witness the whole thing without having to watch it through a screen. As the messenger stepped up to the microphone, Marta wasn't ready, much like anyone else for what happened next. As the armor opened up, Marta beheld the strange sight. She herself could not understand the purpose as to why the key had to be transported in such a way. Either it was all for show, or in actuality something necessary for and Edict. As they key was used to open the conical case it let out a massive sheet of canvas. As the messenger looked it over, the gravity suddenly increased. Marta could hear buildings, vehicles and people complaining as they took in the effects of the now increased gravity. Marta herself had to change her stance to prevent herself from losing her balance as the courtyard shook slightly. "This can't be good." Marta thought to herself as she recovered from the change in gravity and resumed her post like she should while listening to the messenger as she began to speak.

As the Edict had been read out, Marta could only stand in stunned silence like many others. As the silence was broken, Venus issued them orders and Marta had no other choice but to comply, although, the idea that the councilwoman was going to lock herself away for three days was worrisome. She was calling most of the shots, if no orders were issued, they'd be even more pressed for time if they were only allowed to act upon the fourth day. Marta severely hoped their General would return with orders. Before chasing the last civilians out, Marta witnessed the breakdown of the reporter Lisa. However, Marta didn't feel sorry for her, she felt more sorry for everyone on the planet. Hopefully resistance would end this to avoid more needless bloodshed, surely they wouldn't push it off needlessly until the last day before surrendering, or worse, not surrendering at all? Marta shook her head, trying to get rid of the thoughts before continuing on with her duty. This would most likely be a set of really long days.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Reaver » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:15 am

The boy was becoming quite the entertaining toy, that was for sure. Here and there Razajin could hear the small moans Derek tried to hide, but unfortunately his cock didn't make a good muffler, rather the vibrations traveled well. Nor were they ones of despair if the state of his own cock was anything to go by. With a hand on his balls, Razajin had been monitoring how close Derek was to eruption, but the tap on the thigh spoke of how little more training he'd have to apply to condition him to the state that he wanted. Such obedience was almost disappointing, as it didn't leave room for corrective punishment but as least he wouldn't have to be thoroughly washing his hands of cum after this. Besides, once they landed Razajin imagined he'd be quite busy for a few days, setting up a base of operations and beginning to collect intel, so getting the both of them off now would be for the best.

As the boy's balls tightened and quivered, Razajin's hand sprung into action, using the handkerchief to cover the head of Derek's cock right before he began to inseminate the silk. It quickly grew damp, the sensation making it's way through to the minister's hand but Razajin didn't mind as he was just about to hit his own limit. Derek's lips were already pressed up against his crotch, making it a simple matter of putting one hand on his head to hold him there as he came down his throat. A low growl rumbled through his throat and out his mouth as he enjoyed the release and act of domination on Derek, the convulsing throat around his meat heightening his pleasure even more. This was one of the few things that he lived for, the pleasure that delivered onto him scarce moments of clarity and peace. Killing came close to providing the same level of peace but the adrenaline always diluted it. It made things simple, his ambition and desires rendered inconsequential for several seconds as he became complacent with who he was and what he has.

Once he had finished inside of Derek's mouth and the moment had passed, Razajin let out a long sigh as he pulled Derek off of his cock before folding the soaked handkerchief and putting it back in his backpack. "That was very good!" His voice portraying smugness although he was generally more curious as to how he would handle being used by another male for the first time. No doubt it'd be a struggle for him to rationalize and cope but Razajin would be there to ensure he came to the revelation that he wanted him to. "Of course there is always room for improvement, but that can be something for another day. After all it's easier to remember things that you enjoy." Patting the wolf-boy on the head after putting his dick back into his pants and buckling them up. "I'll be sure to keep an eye on you if you get stationed at the main base. But don't say I don't do anything for my pets, if you run into any trouble with superiors you let me know. I still have plenty of pull within the Empire military." Grabbing his backpack and buckling up to prepare for landing. Albeit that was attributed to being a Minister, but even if he didn't have any imminent plans to reveal his rank to the boy he still didn't want anyone taking advantage of him, besides himself of course. It'd certainly be a fun side-project to do while he worked to destabilize the rebel group. Depending on how much support Venus provided him with, Razajin could maybe have them beat and a shiny new council seat in a few weeks if everything went well. He didn't expect the operation to get too difficult since he already knew the city they were headquartered in, so his interrogation net wouldn't have to be cast too wide or worry about their base moving.

Funny how fate worked, his career with the Empire had begun with an Edict and now with a second one everything was at risk. The irony wasn't lost on him but it wasn't his main focus as the gravity forced him down to one knee. He chuckled quietly while covering his face with a hand, doing anything he could to stop himself from lifting his shotgun up and blowing Venus's damn head off. Was she so inept that she couldn't have made the slightest amount of headway to assuage Bayrios in the slightest? His body shook with laughter and anger as he committed each word of the edict to heart and mind, not that he'd need to once he carved them into Venus after he brought Patria under Empire control. He had been wrong, so dreadfully wrong and now he would have to destabilize the Homestead within a week to ensure his own life and ambition. The time to the deadline was undesired to say the least, but it just meant extreme measures would have to be taken to get results. The timetable would have to be condensed without losing any efficiency, something that would be impossible for him to do on his own. ~One problem at a time. Top priority is establishing a presence on the base and getting current information. His anger cooling into a hard and grim determination that would help him get through this new ordeal and make Venus and the rebels pay for ever putting him into this situation.

Several deep breaths later and Razajin was standing up and listening closely to the last verses of the Edict. Credit had to be given to Bayrios, objectively the Edict was close to a masterstroke providing several uses at the same time. Most obviously it showed to the galaxy that he was completely willing to destroy an entire planet regardless of resources if they resisted too much. To Homestead, it would demoralize them as they realized that unless they let the Empire occupy the town hall and by extension Bavaria, they would all die. For Venus it was a sign that he had tired of her delays and was willing to condemn her and all of her troops to simply make a point, forcing her to act to survive. To Razajin, it created a situation that benefited him more than anyone else. Taking down the rebels would be easier now as not doubt there would be some willing to help the Empire if it meant their entire planet wouldn't be destroyed. Venus had been outed as inefficient and out of favor, attributes that would make the usurping of her seat go much smoother as long as he managed to prove himself and overshadow any of her efforts. "Our way of presenting an opportunity for you to show us your skill. Succeed, or perish..... I couldn't agree more." A grin appearing on his face as he began to see this as the greatest challenge of his lifetime. Hadn't it always been succeed or die anyways? This would just be on a greater stage, against enemies on both fronts with time not on his side. His ears were buzzing with excitement, his eyes glittered with the promise of much violence to come and his fingers already twitching as if he was pulling a trigger. Yes, this would be the perfect place and conditions to prove himself.

"Well looks like I was wrong." Turning to Derek to pat him on the head as he stated the obvious with obvious delight. He could only imagine how terrifying this whole situation must be for someone that had nothing to really gain from the Empire winning but imaging was as far as his empathy went. "I'm going to unfuck this whole mess to make sure there's a planet here to rule in a couple of days so I'll be busy with that. In the meantime you do whatever you have to do but you should expect to see me before all of this is over." Slowly running a thumb across his lips with sensual intent. "Even the end-times aren't going to keep my dick away from you, so stay alive while I make a mint off of Venus' mistakes. But I wouldn't worry too much, there should be enough ground troops to push through Bavaria even if we have to go in without air support or a cohesive plan. I just wouldn't want to be on the front-lines for that." Providing him with some pragmatic assurances before taking his leave.

First priority was joining the briefing that would be occuring soon, since not only would it be the best time to begin establishing his presence but also get updated on any and all intel he would need. Before he got to the guards posted at the entrance of the building Venus had entered, Razajin pulled out his Imperial I.D which would identify him as a Minister of the Empire which he hoped would be enough to convince them to let him in and disregard Venus' order to kill anyone who approached. "That was quite the edict was it not?" His tone rather amiable as he handed one of the guards his I.D for them to check and confirm. "I just arrived here so I don't know the state of our forces but I'm fairly certain we can punch through Bavaria's defenses and take the town hall. I've certainly been in worse situations and once I discuss some strategies with our fearless councilwoman and general I'll make sure those defenses are sabotaged before the forces are mobilized. It'll be nothing to worry about!" The rebels weren't the only ones that could end up having their morale affected by the edict. This one was double-edged and Razajin could easily see in the future some soldiers trying to desert and get off-planet no matter what, better to take your chances in the skies than wait for certain death down here. So giving off an air of confidence was the least he could do since they probably couldn't have given two shits who he was, yet. "Rebels are somewhat of my specialty and I'm here to make sure the main forces encounter as little resistance on their route as possible." Giving them a wide smile as he waited for them to finish up.

Once they did, he planned on entering the briefing room then give a small bow to both Councilwoman Venus and General Havellock before introducing himself. "I'm Razajin, Minister 7923 of the Empire. I graduated top of my class with a specialization in rebel uprooting, which is why I'm here. Originally I had planned to infiltrate my way into Homestead but we're a bit short on time so I'll have to perform a Detract-and-Destroy operation to reduce and scatter their defenses as much as possible before your main forces attack Bavaria. So I'd greatly appreciate a briefing so I can get up-to-date on everything we know about their organization before we start going into strategies. I will say though these aren't the most ideal circumstances so I rather not waste any time playing politics. Let's just do what we need to do to ensure there's a planet with us on it." His voice solemn and body movement tense as he tried to give off the aura of someone strictly business. Sure, Venus might eventually see through his facade, especially if she read that scathing report by the overseer of Eios Academy, but bar having him killed it was unlikely she could do much to stop what he would attempt. Even killing him before the invasion would seem unlikely as she would need someone on the inside to sabotage any defenses before the forces mobilized. With a tight schedule like this, they would need any advantage to save themselves and the planet and that desperation would be her undoing. "So who wants to tell me the current plan on how we're going to deliver this planet to Bayrios?"
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Icaelus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:39 pm

"Oh, geez. I don't think I'll actually ever forget about those mails."
Evelynn gave a small laugh. How could she, especially with her mom constantly hounding her with pictures and videos of whatever featured fluffball. And oh gods, she would never, ever forget those crazy recipes..
"But..why the recipes..? Wasabi chip cookies..Pea-stuffed boiled fish..oh good lord.."
She muttered dully, fighting to keep the grimace off her face as she remembered those horrible, horrible memories. Sofia had pretty much obviously known that those recipes were wonky..but of course, that didn't stop her from recreating the dish as part of a joke.
Wasn't really much of a joke when the whole family was in tears from those damn cookies..
Evelynn only broke out of the painful recollection when Grim blasted a massive sneeze into the dirt, following it with a long, lazy yawn as Eve cast another baleful glare in the mutt's direction. It was probably quite immature of her to have bruised feelings against an animal of all things. But then again, you try being pushed into the dirt and nearly drowned in saliva. All in all, highly unpleasant...and not quite something you'd forget in a short time.

Anna's nudge took her attention away from the yawning wolf.
"Girl talk? Dear me."
Eve raised an inquiring eyebrow, smiling genially at her cousin. Girl talk, huh? As far as topics that girls liked talking about, Eve was painfully short on stories to regale her cousin with. Though maybe she'd like some combat tutorials? She could give one hell of an advisory lecture on stand-up hand-to-hand striking..and especially on how to fight as dirty as you could.
Hey, a girl needs to protect herself, alright? None of that quibbling about honorable fighting.
She blinked as Annaliese suddenly declared a celebratory photoshoot for the two of them, whipping out her phone and darting over to her side, arm snaking around her shoulders and yanking them both closer.
Eve at first opened her mouth to protest, what with her being in such a terrible state for a photo. But very quickly she was learning more and more about her cousin Annaliese..and that the people caught up in her uproarious wake..well, they probably just went along with her flow.
She huffed another weary sigh, then tried for a smile as she leaned more comfortably into Anna's proposed pose. A brief beep and a flash and there it was, a picture of her in all her disheveled glory..
"...Please don't."
Eve groaned as Anna spoke out loud about her idea about printing out that picture and framing it at home. Good graces, a picture as humiliating as that, immortalized forever in their household? Please, have some mercy.
"Let's..just get going, shall we?"
The girl grumbled, waving a hand airily to Anna to signal that they should get a move on. She looked to the completely wrecked taxi. Yeah..not a prayer for this mode of transportation. Which meant that their only other means of transport aside from their feet was...the wolf. Eve turned her gaze to look at Grim, who seemed to be observing them with some sort of keen anticipation.
Graces. They were really gonna ride him back to Anna's home, then.
Sighing, Eve trudged over to the only intact part of the taxi; the trunk. Popping the compartment open with a small grunt of effort, she reached down and grabbed the small leather suitcase within. She had packed quite lightly for this trip, since she hadn't been expecting to stay on Patria long. The suitcase contained two changes of clothing..one which she would be making use of at her nearest convenience..and some daily necessities. Nothing too important.

"There we go, luggage retrieved...though maybe I should really just wing it and walk there.."
Evelynn grumbled as she swung the suitcase over her shoulder, debating the wiseness of mounting a wolf the size of a minivan and using it as transport. Surely walking would be far safer, along with it being much healthier for her heart and mental stability in general.
But really, Annaliese had never been planning to let her walk, anyway. Not especially when there was a much faster option. Sure enough, she found herself being pulled along by her cousin. Closer..and closer to that slavering hound..
"Go with the flow..go with the flow.."
Eve muttered, repeating the words over and over to herself as she let Anna guide her through the process of mounting the minivan-sized wolf. The fur was surprisingly soft to the touch; something she hadn't noticed whilst being squashed under the wolf's furry mass. But one detail especially had her attention. That patch of dark red staining Grim's otherwise white coat.
"Is that...blood?"
She frowned, her crimson eyes locking onto that blotchy patch of dark red as she leaned forward to inspect it. Yep..definitely blood. Probably from that guard Anna had lugged back to the checkpoint, too. She hadn't thought too much of it back then, but did Anna shoot that guard? She was armed, that much was certain. And on a planet undergoing a hostile takeover with a massive influx of men unused to the aphrodisiac atmosphere..
Eve's brow creased into a frown as she pondered the situation. If Anna had really shot the fool, he would've only gotten his just desserts, then. A gutshot to keep him down and out for the count while he healed. And frankly, it was probably more than a rapist deserved. Of course, the law didn't quite see it like that..

Distracted in her thoughts, Eve didn't quite notice her cousin's conversation with the taxi driver, only returning her attention to the situation at hand when Anna whispered into her ear, trying to reassure her worries about riding Grim.
"..I'm really not so sure about this, Anna. Are you sure it's safe?"
Evelynn sighed. She did want to trust Anna with her safety and everything, but from the extremely enthusiastic way Grim had stood up when they were both seated upon his back, she couldn't help but have an impending sense of doom that he was going to enthusiastically throw them off his back as well..
And then that was when she felt Anna's heels thump against Grim's sides. Eve sighed, then dug her fingers into Grim's fur for a firmer grasp.
This was going to be one hell of a ride..and oh crap. Didn't she forget to pay the cab fare?
"Oh, hang on. I have to pay the cab fa-aaAAAAAHH!"

Too late, then.

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod."
If there was ever a time to pray and leave all hope to whatever higher authority was out there, this was it for Evelynn Graele. Hanging on for dear life while a gigantic wolf whisked both her and her cousin through the forest, the best Eve could do was to hold on as tightly as she could. Well, that and place all hopes that some god somewhere would see her through this misadventure whole and alive.
As terrifying as the whole thing was, this was strangely exhilarating. I mean, how many people could say that they'd ridden a giant wolf through a forest on their way to visit their aunt's? She was no adrenaline junkie, but ever she could feel her heart beating wildly, her blood racing with excitement as she hung on for dear life.
"Whooooa!"
Evelynn loosed an excited scream as Grim leaped, sailing through the air across a flowing stream. She'd been to amusement parks in her younger days with the family and had terrific fun on the rollercoasters, but this was one ride that wasn't too readily available. And definitely a whole lot more fun!
Grim landed heavily, the jarring impact causing her to smack facefirst into Anna's back. Ow. Fine, that wasn't as fun.
"I'm fine, I'm fine."
Eve grimaced, rapidly blinking away tears and waving her hand to assure her cousin's comment.
Still, never in her life would she have thought that she would have the most fun riding a truck-sized wolf, of all things. The terrain began to even out, showing signs of human habitation after Grim had cleared the river. Battling their way through one last thicket, the trio emerged from the overgrown flora to set foot upon one of the many trails that snaked throughout the Mako Forest. They were on the right path, it seemed.
"I guess Grim knows his way home, huh?"
Eve's lip curled into a smile, patting the wolf's ginormous back. Again, she couldn't help but note how clean and fluffy his coat was. Anna probably went to great pains to keep him this well-groomed..
Their pace now slowed to a relaxed trot, Eve could actually take in the scenery of the Mako Forest for the first time. And..it was truly beautiful. Ainheim VI had more or less been a concrete jungle, with each District covering a massive area. There had been parks here and there, but the sheer enormity of the Mako truly put those to shame..
"Wow. I never knew how..beautiful nature could be."
Eve breathed, continuing to admire her surroundings. Sure, she had seen pictures and videos of such places..but witnessing it for yourself..well, that was a whole other story.

Aged wooden fencing bordered the trail as Grim continued down the path, giving off quite the rustic feel to that place. And then there it was, the house! Right on top of a hill, too..
"It..um, looks nice..although..where's the rest of it?"
Evelynn frowned in confusion as she gazed at the house in question. It appeared to be quite the cozy little cottage..though she would be hard-pressed to say if it even looked habitable. The whole building was covered in flora, the roof of the cottage a veritable garden by itself. Frankly speaking, if she had just passed by and given the house a cursory glance, she would've simply passed it off as some strange abandoned shack in the middle of the woods!
Signs of human habitation became a lot more obvious as they drew nearer, rows of beautiful flowers adorning the sides of the hill. The trail of gray smoke billowing from the house's tiny chimney was also quite the telltale sign that someone lived here.
"Yep. Home sweet home.."
Eve echoed, a trace of doubt still clear in her tone. She gave the cottage another dubious look. Did the Graele residence hold some secrets to it, perhaps? For the life of her, Eve simply couldn't imagine two adult women and a teenage girl squeezing in together in this glorified shack..

Upon Anna's command, Grim laid flat down on his belly, lowering himself to allow the two girls to disembark. Eve watched her cousin dismount with practiced ease, moving to mimick her. And that was when she found that her legs were completely numb. Oh, good graces.
"You're kidding me. Really?"
Eve groaned as she hurriedly tried to massage some life back into her calves. Geez, how much more was she going to embarrass herself in front of her younger cousin?
"J-Just need a second. Not too..um, familiar with wolf-riding."
She forced a smile when Anna stepped up to take her luggage, increasing the intensity of her massage as if she was kneading the trembling muscles into submission. Letting Anna relieve her of her suitcase without any complaint, something that would've never happened if she weren't so damn busy trying to restore some vestige of control back to her legs!
Eve did still accept Anna's offer of help, of course. It was hard to be stubborn when she could barely stay on her feet without making a conscious effort at balancing herself on legs as wobbly as a newborn foal's.
Ugh, this was horrible. Just how much more was she going to embarrass herself in front of her younger cousin? She watched Anna talk to Grim, raising an eyebrow when the gigantic canine simply lolled over onto his side, flattening a bed of tiny pink flowers in the process. Whoops. Someone was going to be upset over those.
With a stern nod, Anna sent the wolf packing towards the river they had traversed, presumably to take his own bath by what she had said.
"Grim's a wolf..but why does he just feel like some big old overgrown dog?"
Evelynn giggled at the thought. Grim had certainly been quite terrifying upon meeting him for the first time, but even she with her fear of dogs had quickly learned that he was harmless. Well; as long as she remained someone he didn't recognize as a threat. For all her training, there was only be an astonishingly low amount of resistance she could offer to a gigantic wolf baring his fangs toward her.
Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud splash of something huge hitting a body of water. Grim, of course. The big wolf playfully gamboled around in the clear water, eliciting an uncharacteristically girlish giggle from Eve at the sight.

"I really hope the shower's available. Eau de dog slobber isn't as pleasant a fragrance as I expected it to be."
Eve remarked sarcastically as they climbed up the hill towards Anna's home, letting Anna lead the way as she trailed a couple of steps behind her. The first thing that came to attention as they approached the house was the door. It looked aged, but incredibly sturdy. No one was going to get through a door like that without at least a good crowbar.
She too wiped her boots with the woven mat Annaliese had used, removing traces of mud obtained from the short trek up the hill.
"Home's where the heart is, huh?"
Evelynn whispered to herself, the phrase an instant reminder of what she had left back on Ainheim VI. Visiting family was nice and all..but honestly, she wanted to get back and give her mom a great big hug. And..probably visit her dad's grave. Being left behind was painful, incredibly so. But she would move on, as would her mother..and they did still have each other. Along with her two aunts and of course, Annaliese.
"Um, I'm coming in, then."
Eve announced out loud, walking through the open doorway after Anna. The interior of the cottage was exactly as small as she'd thought. And while though the room was well-furnished, it was much more reminiscent of a living room, rather than a bedroom where three individuals had to squeeze their living space into..
"Apparently no one's home.."
The girl remarked, her gaze set on what appeared to be the secret behind the house; a set of stairs that led down to the basement. Unbuckling the straps of her boots with a practiced motion, Eve frowned as she chanced upon a rather odd find trapped in between the treads of her right boot; a slightly muddy, half-rotten tooth.
She sighed, then surreptitiously picked out the molar from her boot and disposed of it with a handy little flick of her fingers towards the open door. What a horrible little reminder of her first night on Patria. While she'd more or less found kicking in the teeth of that offending thug to be rather stress relieving, it hadn't improved her impressions much of Passerna as a whole. It was still rather amusing to see the fool writhing about in agony, hands clutching at his bloody mouth, though.

"This..is quite amazing.."
Evelynn said, somewhat awestruck. She had trailed after Anna down the stairs just a minute ago and had found herself standing before a gigantic stone room. And Eve, being observant as she usually was, found herself more and more amazed by every single little detail that had gone into the construction of this living space. To be frank, it felt like a throwback to a medieval age. If not for that massive television screen, she would've had trouble finding a single thing that operated off electricity in this place. Even the lights were Sigils, the magical symbols giving off a warm, orange lighting.
And did she really want to know what manner of beast that fur rug covering the majority of the floor space was? It was an easy task to see and say that whatever the creature had been, it had been even larger than Grim!
Eve felt slightly faint at that thought, then quickly pushed that to the back of her mind before her imagination could conjure up any nightmarish monsters that prowled the forest. Maybe that thing on the floor was just a freak of nature, one of it's kind. But maybe, her inner voice told her, maybe there was an entire specie of these giants. Ugh, no. Bad imagination. Stop it.
"..Seriously, how do you even build something like this? Seamless stone walls..like the rooms was hewn from it. But that would take an absurdly long time.."
Evelynn muttered in amazement. Now, she was no architect herself, but she could at least recognize an incredible undertaking when she saw it. But as if jumping to the rescue of her common sense, Anna stepped in with a detailed explanation.
Eleanor Graele, hm? She'd heard stories about her aunt from her dad, about how accomplished of a mage she was..and about how she was dead set in her struggle against the family curse. This not-so-humble abode was concrete proof of both her skill and talent as a mage.

"I guess Aunt Eleanor was right on that. I would've thought that house above was just some abandoned cottage if I were a passerby."
Eve agreed amiably as she walked down the right corridor after her whirlwind-paced cousin. Geez, now she was even more curious about Eleanor. She was certainly very eager to know what sort of headway she had made on breaking the curse..and if she could offer assistance of any sort, too. After all, this wasn't just a personal problem. Her father had suffered for years whilst waiting for her to come back to him. Up till this date, Eve still wasn't sure if the curse had been affecting her thoughts or not.
Going after several well-armed criminal gangs alone when she had just barely become an adult was not a sane thing to do. But she had set forth on that task with a single-minded and ruthless determination. And she had triumphed. She had hunted down every single last scumbag that had a part in putting her father in that pathetic state..but in the end, had it been worth it?

No. No, it hadn't.

But Dad had managed to make his peace when she had finally found the courage to go back home after ending it all. It..had been excruciating to watch him slowly fade away, but he was finally resting now.
"An eye for an eye..makes the whole world blind, was it?"
Eve whispered to herself somberly. Drawing level with Anna as the girl pushed open the door, calling out for Aunt Charlotte. Curiously, Eve peered past the door into the room..
"I-Is that a pool? Graces, what else do you guys have in this place?"
At this point, Eve could only shake her head in amazement. Aunt Charlotte's room looked more like a first class hotel suite than an actual bedroom. I mean, there was even a fancy bottle of wine on the table there, as if it was left as an complimentary gift to esteemed guests. Well, not to mention the private pool, too. Even hotel suites didn't have that.
"Before we get to your room, are there any more surprises left? Like maybe a giant pet lion or something? Can't be too careful after nearly getting drowned by Grim, can I?" She remarked sarcastically. Nevertheless, Eve followed Annaliese. Not like there was really anything else to do but wait till the family got home, was there? Not to mention it'd be quite the rude thing to do, roaming around the house..or basement without permission.

As they drew nearer to the room in question, Anna began undressing, unfastening that red hooded cloak of hers and whisking it into a small bundle under her shoulder. Immediately, Eve's crimson-eyed gaze was drawn to the stocked leather holster that her cousin wore.
A shotgun! Evelynn nodded in approval. A sensible choice for self-defense, definitely. That giant hole in that guard's gut proved that point well.
The oaken door creaked open as Annaliese pushed it open. Anna's room was certainly a good bit less luxurious than her mother's, but that was to be expected anyway. What felt most unlike the previous room Eve had just viewed was certainly the choice of Anna's personal decorations, though. Posters of rappers and for some reason, gun manufacturers adorned the stone walls, giving it quite the mismatching clash of modern and medieval.
"It's..cozy. I like it."
Eve stated simply, smiling warmly at her cousin as the younger girl dipped to retrieve a fallen stuffed animal from the floor, setting it back to it's rightful place on the bed. Somewhat interested by the cute stuffed toy, Evelynn stepped over to the bed.
"Um, if I may?"
She queried, a sheepish tone to her voice as she picked up the same plushie that had just been returned to the bed; a plush wolf doll that was oddly reminiscent of Grim. Except quite not so big, of course. Eve poked the stuffed wolf's plump belly curiously, watching her finger sink into the soft material. As a child, she'd never had much time for playing. Both her father and mother had been quite insistent on her endless training..

Fhwump. Slightly startled as her cousin suddenly dived right into her bed, Eve set the stuffed toy back where it belonged.
"Aah, the shotgun? It's a good choice, so no worries about that. A girl has to protect herself, right?"
Evelynn waved her hand dismissively to show that she of course didn't mind the weapon.
"And I'm quite sure any sort of taxis will be staying a good distance away from you after that fiasco, Anna."
Eve laughed, shaking her head at her cousin's antics. She did feel a bit bad for the cabbie; since he had only been trying to do his job. But just the tiniest smidgen. They'd probably never see each other again, after all.

A loud grinding of wood and stone shifting position caught both of the girl's attention, Eve immediately shifting gears as she reached for her gun, placing a hand at the ready on her hip-worn holster. No one else had been home, right? She looked to Anna for confirmation, but instead found the girl relaxed. Which meant that she was familiar with that sound..
Evelynn sighed, relieved. No issue, then.
Oh, how wrong she was going to be..
The duo made their way back into the main room of the basement, Evelynn immediately noting a rather familiar-looking woman. Aunt Eleanor..right? Her father had mentioned that they had shared that odd shade of ash-gray hair.
Aunt Eleanor appeared to be..well, worried. Very worried. Pale-faced with a glare that could kill fixed on the television, her voice was hoarse with anxiety as she spoke, declaring that they had a problem..
And whatever that particular problem was, it was apparently a problem for the whole of Patria, too. Broadcasting on the TV was a familiar face, that news reporter from the VNN. And here they were, about to announce the contents of the Edict..
The camera panned over to showcase a woman, presumably the Messenger of the Edict. Whom then promptly tore open the front part of her armor to bare her chest to everyone watching the channel. Naturally, all eyes were drawn..but mostly to the brilliant golden key that had been somehow embedded into her chest. Without any sign of pain, the Messenger continued on to retrieve the key from her chest to unlock the massive conical case that held the Edict..
The gigantic sheet of canvas unfurled, the Messenger's eyes sweeping over the words. The moment of truth, the big unveiling.

Immediately, the entire stone room shuddered as if a massive explosion had just gone off right above them. It lasted all of two seconds before it stopped completely, but Evelynn felt the change.
Her body..felt like it had gotten heavier. Like someone who had strapped training weights to themselves or the like. Evelynn paled, returning her attention to the broadcast. The Messenger was reading the contents of the Edict aloud..and with every word that passed, the more dire their situation seemed to be.
So it wasn't enough that Bayrios had just decreed that unless Bavaria was taken within what, three days, the entire planet would collapse into itself, the damn Overlord had too declared that NO one was to leave the planet before the Edict was resolved. Regardless of if they were citizens of the Empire or whatever.

"...Good lord. This is bad."
Evelynn groaned, pressing a hand to her forehead. She could feel the onset of a headache pressing through, something that tended to happen to her whenever she got too stressed. But it absolutely wouldn't do for her to be sitting on her ass, nursing a headache of all things right now.
Though of course, there was always time for manners. Sighing as she walked to position herself in front of Aunt Eleanor, she still tried for a smile despite the grim situation.
"I wish we could've met under better circumstances..but hello, Aunt Eleanor. I'm Evelynn. Nice to finally meet you."
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby Yana » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:17 am

"Aha, well it heartens me you feel that way. Most people run for the hills when their relatives end up gun nuts." Anna said, bowing her head playfully. Her voice tasted of sarcasm, but palpable relief washed through her: Evelynn might have been her cousin, but it had crossed Anna's mind that a soldierly young model student from Ainheim might find her rural Patrian ways a touch skeevy. Anna's eyes doted on the pot-bellied toy wolf in her cousin's hands, and then to the holster and sheath attached to the young woman's drab, functional clothes. The blonde girl gracefully swept her way into a sitting position.

"But I guess most people don't carry around an Atlas Mark V and your piece there. Makes my antique look like a letter opener, right?" Anna said, whisking a hand over her thigh. In between blinks of the eye, her slender dagger with the vaselike grip had whisked into her palm with a swish from the sheath strapped to her thigh. An old trick for assassins and courtesans, but still lethally applicable to the drunk and overconfident - a woman who worked in Passerna's Red Light District taught her that when she was younger, and while trading knife pokes with anyone was silliness, it it was Annaliese's personal experience that shotgun blasts were more trouble than they were worth on the city streets. The red-eyed girl flipped the blade inverse to pinch it by its razor tip and spied a bulletin board pinned to the wall adjacent her closet. Pinned to the board were varying notes on Sigil theory, gunpowder measurements for hand-loading rifle cartridges, many photos of Anna and her mother at a birthday party, and a list of crossed out names, all male.

With a lazy flick of the wrist, Anna sent the knife whistling into the last item: a well perforated chart of the human anatomy. The tip buried itself in the neck with a throng, widening an extant cut. The blonde girl turned her attention back to the wolf plush.

"You like Chili? My Dad won him for me at a carnival when I was like seven. Chili eating contest, naturally." Anna said, accepting the frayed little stuffed wolf. It wasn't a stretch to say the jelly-bellied plush was a microcosm of the real deal - his black buttoned eyes affected the same level of intellect. Anna parked him back in his usual spot with an affirmative pat.

"He got second place. Grand prize was one of these huge plushies as big as you, and I really wanted the wolf one. So I was the most spoiled brat about it. Kept asking Dad why he couldn't eat another three spoonfuls." Anna said. A knowing smile crept across her face.

"That weekend I was helping him bring in some firewood during this big thunderstorm, and I heard this whimpering from a tree hollow. Inside there's this wolf puppy, skinny as heck, huddled inside freezing his little butt off." Anna leaned over to her nightstand, adjusting a framed picture of Grim staring intently into the camera – a sight more composed than he'd demonstrated thus far.

"That's when my life got really complicated. I guess Auntie Sofia's told you the story?" she said, laughing modestly. The girl stood up.

"Anyway, no taxis to worry about here. Lots more to this place than just this floor, but I'll show you in a bit. Oh yeah, and my bathroom's right there if you need it." Anna said, nodding to the door opposing the foot of her bed upon which hung some pajamas and a towel.

The blonde girl paused abruptly to look at her cousin. Not critically, but gratefully. Latent excitement rose suddenly to the top of Annaliese's mind, and she sprung forward to hug Evelynn tightly.

"It's so cool to meet you, Eve! Seriously. I thought it'd be years before I got to meet any of you guys. I'm really glad you're here." Annaliese said, tucking her hair behind her ear bashfully.

"I just wish you or Auntie Elen would've told me ahead of time so I could've made plans! There's all kinds of stuff to do in Passerna and my Dad could probably sneak us into Bavaria." she continued, plopping herself down at her desk chair to adjust her garters. The desk was a mess of books, knick-knacks, stickers, writing utensils and scattered makeup. Peering into a small mirror, Annaliese cringed with annoyance; the flecks of grime from the morning's events were more than visible. She went to work with what she had on hand.

"So, what brings you to our fair planet? Not that I'm complaining, but I thought you were busy with school? You go to the... Enforcement Academy on Ainheim, right? Uncle Matt's always telling my Mom about how you get perfect grades and stuff. Not like me - pretty much homeschooled." Anna said. With every word, blood and grime was vanquished from her face and upper body.

Anna and education had a long-distance relationship. She'd always spent her weekdays in Passerna at the local schools, but she'd never taken the full curriculum - Auntie Elen had always been pretty keen on doing the courses on things like magic, civics and galactic history herself. Mom may as well have been a home ec teacher, and the stuff Dad taught her was better than any Patrian Girl Scouts program. Annaliese would be lying if she said it didn't get in the way of making friends - only having so much time in Passerna and so many classes to share with her peers meant her phone usually her best means to connect, and being the one kid at school who always went home early had earned her some whispers and rumours. Not that she or most people cared about that or their opinions on her fashion sense - she had a good circle of friends and acquaintances, and any days off not spent with Mom or Dad were spent with them. She'd yet to find a classmate not mortally terrified of Grim, though - another reason Evelynn was rapidly proving to be an excellent and lovely person.

"And how are he and Auntie Sofia doing? Been a few weeks since Mom--" Annaliese was interrupted by the all-too-familiar grind of wood on stone. Leaning out of her chair to glance through the door, the girl hastily tidied up.

"Oh, goodness. Auntie Elen must've been in her study. Come on, I'll introduce you." she said, standing up. Annaliese was long past being visibly surprised: Aunt Eleanor was a woman who set her own schedule. and it wasn't uncommon of her to be in and out at all hours of the day, with or without Anna's knowing. It wasn't her prerogative to question why.

She turned to her cousin with a look of bemusement. Evelynn was cold with sudden tension - her hand had fallen to her holster, her eyes with glazed with steel. Annaliese could practically see her cousin's nerves, and it was a touch concerning - this looked like someone who was afraid of being ambushed. Consciously deciding to give her cousin the benefit of the doubt, Anna offered a sisterly pat on the shoulder.

"Are you okay?" she asked. That seemed to be enough to cool her off. Anna smiled.

"I'll make you something to eat after this, okay? Your flight must've sucked. Come on." she said. leading her cousin back into the living room.

"Oiiiii, Auntie Elen! I brought Evelynn!" she called. Much to her surprise, the television flicked on and the self-absorbed jingle of the Venturis News Network aired out the silence.

The sight of Aunt Eleanor gave Anna pause - an uncomfortable twinge rode up her back. Her aunt sat on the couch, staring seriously at the television - deeply uncharacteristic for her, given her distaste for modern culture in general. Even this very room was somewhere Annaliese only rarely found her. But worse was her clear pallor and the grimness of her expression; it wasn't like auntie to show even a flicker of stress or ill health, much less radiate her feelings. Anna's enthusiasm drained away in an instant, and she cautiously made her way down the steps with one eye on the television.

"Auntie? Is something wrong?" she asked carefully. Anna glanced sidelong at her cousin, as if verifying it was safe for her to approach. Knowing it was rude to stand, Anna parked herself on the opposite end of the sofa as the scene on the television switched from Lisa Lavender's monologue to a wide shot of a grassy courtyard Anna recognised from Passerna - it was near one of the spaceports the military commandeered to land their shuttles. Cameras and boom mics shuffled around tense-looking soldiers and babbling journalists contending for a good spot - all eyes were fixed on a solitary microphone. It felt like something important was happening today, but truth be told, Anna had been so tuned out of recent events she couldn't remember what.

Her phone buzzed - an alert from her VNN app:

Bayrios' messenger arrives in Passerna; to deliver media statement regarding political instability on Patria

This clicked. It had been easy to ignore the trouble these past few weeks: When the military touched down on Patria a few months back, the wave of panic and confusion had everyone hysteric; for the first day, you could barely go an hour without a flash in the sky or thunder in the distance as the soldiers tangled with the planetary defence force, but everything quieted after most of the resistance fled for Bavaria. Besides losing Extranet service a couple of times, Anna and most everyone she knew had avoided the violence; by the time she next got back into Passerna, the army had cleaned up. A couple of her favourite hangouts got shuttered for one reason or another - mostly because the owners had run-ins with the soldiers. It still irked her that everything had gotten so expensive after the soldiers expropriated everything from all the shops, but at least they got a day off from school whenever there was a big move against Homestead, those guys still fighting the military. Stars knew her ex continued to badger her about them to this very day.

Truckloads of soldiers would roll off to Bavaria - only to return later, annoyed and bruised. They poked and prodded, and Homestead would poke back, but at the end of the week, nothing changed. This morning at the checkpoint was the only trouble she'd had in a while.

Problem...?

The assembled peanut gallery crowed in alarm as a small troupe emerged from the doorway and took to the microphone. The soldiers protecting the grounds stepped forward to repel the excited press, fending off outstretched microphones and flashing, clattering cameras zeroed in on the unusual contingent. Annaliese immediately recognised the perpetually irritated Councilwoman Venus, who was in charge of Bayrios' forces here on Patria. There'd been gossip aplenty about whether Bayrios was blaming her for Patria not being part of the Empire, and if Anna had to judge by her tense expression, the general was acutely aware. Yet much to Anna's intrigue, the Councilwoman stepped clear past the microphone, instead ceding the stage to a distant-looking young soldier in bulky armour. Anna leaned forward in anticipation: This must have been Bayrios' agent, but it seemed strange for a Councilor to hand over the reins of a press conference to someone much younger than them. More than that, the red-headed woman was off.

She approached the stage leisurely, seemingly unaware of the masses gathered in front of her - it took a few seconds for Anna to confirm that she was not even blinking; like someone dosed on a powerful herb, she stared ahead into vacancy as she handled an enormous, bejeweled case tucked under the crook of her arm. A good look at it had Anna's heart going: it was obviously arcane in nature.

"Wow, no way." Anna mouthed under her breath. Bayrios wouldn't go through this much trouble for a press conference on some backwater planet.

The messenger didn't introduce herself – not with words. With one swift movement, she tore off the breastplate of her armour – the metal-ceramic hunk clanked to the ground, compelling Anna to rise uneasily amid a wave of gasps. Under the morning sun, a golden object – a key – glinted on the red-headed woman's chest. Anna assumed it a necklace, but when the camera zoomed in excitedly she realised the surrounding flesh was swollen and disquieted, like a scar from failed surgery. Deep into this wound, the key had been stitched into the woman's flesh, further restrained by three elaborate silver chains pierced into her belly and sides. Disquieted, Annaliese only stared: she felt as if she were watching a disturbed circus act unfold before her eyes. Ignorant to pain, the woman tore the key from her chest and unlocked the ornate case. Anna winced and wondered - this was the length to which the Overlord would go if it meant keeping his possessions safe, and this woman seemed to carry the burden willingly.

As the girl had anticipated, the case swung open to reveal a large piece of old parchment - not too dissimilar from the odd paper Aunt Eleanor used to do much of her work, Anna noticed.

The woman looked upon its writing. The world shook.

"Whoa, g-graces!"

Very momentarily, Annaliese thought she had died. A great wave of force seized her by the shoulders and thrust her downwards - as if she'd been struck with a heavy bag full of textbooks - followed by a tremendous thunderclap and the violent rattling of porcelain in the nearby cabinets. Plumes of dust dislodged from the walls as the stones in the walls ground together furiously. The chandelier rocked as if caught in a gale, stabbing the walls with shadowy lances and orange streaks as the small flames danced about. The picture on the television cut in and out.

She couldn't keep her feet flat on the moving floor, much less stand – she felt heavy and sore, like she was being weighed down.

Abruptly, the violence ceased. Annaliese heard a few crashes and clangs from down the corridors, and then silence.

Through her neck pain, she managed to look up – the house's wooden frame yawned, as if deciding whether to collapse. It crackled, and then was still. Annaliese exhaled; the sound on the television resumed abruptly. The entire scene had been thrust into panic, and sounds of hysteria underlined a speech from the red-haired messenger. Through the haze of her own surprise, Anna at first barely registered the meaning of the woman's loud, stilted speech – but she understood with razor clarity what had just happened: this was an Edict.

The girl raised an arm – contrary to but seconds before, it felt like the air was trying to push it down.

Gravity... the Edict raised the gravity on Patria.

Obviously disillusioned, Annaliese hung her head. The insanity radiating from the crowds grew distant to her ears, but every word from this woman made her flinch. Patria would be destroyed if they didn't get their way - wiped from existence, with everybody on it. She listened inattentively as the scene collapsed into panic - the soldiers advanced on the gathered crowds as Councilwoman Venus yelled angrily for her subordinates, and the sobs of the lavender-haired reporter were suddenly silenced as the camera feed flailed about wildly and cut to a harsh mechanical tone over an error screen:

VENTURIS GALACTIC BROADCASTING
PLEASE STAND BY

Annaliese made a gesture at the television and it shut off. She sighed, heart racing. It took barely a second for her phone to light up with alerts as her classmates and friends howled in all capital letters about impending death and destruction. A brief headline simply read "Patria to be destroyed by Edict." The girl was about to silence the device when another message came through - Dad:

Hey kiddo, just tried to call but that Edict knocked out service. Are you OK? House should be fine. Guess you saw what happened on TV. Just remember that no matter what happens, I love you very much and so does your mother and auntie. We'll figure this out. Your mom was outside and thinks it was just a quake, so don't worry about her. I'll swing by later, OK? Keep your phone on.

BTW, got that pic of you and Evelynn! Hope Grim didn't hurt her too much! I know it's a surprise visit but I'll explain later, promise. Take care of her and tell her I said hi.

Talk to you later,

- Dad

Annaliese tucked her hair behind her ear. It wasn't enough to make her smile externally, but she knew her father meant what he said. Gingerly, the girl attempted to stand. The Edict was no joke; she felt heavier and her movements more deliberate, but it seemed the worst of it was just her own perception - with some exercise of her limbs and neck, she found the soreness faded entirely. Still, her feet tingle and she was sure that if she tried to jump, she'd barely make it a few inches off the floor.

Folding her arms, she paced.

"No way this is happening. Stars save me, this is crazy!" she pouted, short of anything else to say. She wiped a finger across her eyes.

"They're not really going to destroy Patria, are they? What do we do?" she asked nobody in particular.

Annaliese caught herself, and paused. She could feel panic setting in, and it wasn't right to lose control of herself in front of Aunt Eleanor, and her cousin. the girl sucked down a quiet breath and exhaled again. Seating herself in the nearest chair, Anna looked unhappily to Evelynn.

"I'm really sorry you had to get caught up in this, Eve. Maybe you should've just waited a bit to come visit." she said, her red eyes wide and glassy with apology and frustration. She rubbed her own shoulders.

"Did you know this would happen, Auntie Elen...?" she asked.

"...What should we do?"

She was just one girl. What could she do?
We can live forever if you've got the time.
Yana

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay