World Breakers (IC)

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: World Breakers (IC)

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:05 pm

Odd... Maiza had thought to herself as they passed over a world breaker classified as a stalker. From her experience the creatures acted with a militaristic hive mind mentality. Likely that one was the first of its group exploring. This could be dangerous to engage the creature alone without first confirming if any other world breakers were around. Her whole suit functions differently from the original doll frame designs as the intergrated design of the mana tap system allowed for much more options that weren't offered before. Approaching her CO she warns her as her face plate shifts piece by piece to reveal her face. "Yo boss lady... They are likely gonna attempt to trap our forces should we attempt to engage stalker... I recommend using intentionally walking into the trap to have the scouting team support us with heavy fire. We would minimalize collateral damage among our own forces that way." Maiza said as she had her own plan to use the stalker as a flesh shield.

Granted it would had been a stationary one with all the stun attachments that she had to limit the creatures movements. However it would be better to consider that the creatures had a form of intelligence actively working against them.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Mark3000 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Mini, Aya & Lucy
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

As Aya and Mini wait behind as Lucy moves into the forested area. After a few minutes, Lucy finally reaches the edge of the quarry. There she notices a few things.

1. The North and South tip of the Quarry allowed for a gradual decent down to the bottom of the quarry. There was plenty of cover but the area was also being heavily patrolled. You could see 10 Pinchers ( http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/885355? ... +no_humans ) and 3 Bunker Crabs ( http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1337803 ... ter+insect ) on either tip of the quarry.

2. The Side Walls on the other hand were steep and lead directly to the base. This path however would put you into the direct view of the OverMind.

3. Along the base of the quarry you could see an opening over which the Overmind was watching. From it you could hear sounds coming out of the hole.

Jessica, Maiza, Hana

The AAU Drone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajETylWuMxk 0:54) Activates and hovers close by just a few inches over the ground. The transport ship also dropped the explosive charges you had requested. You counted 8 sets in total.

Malcolm let out a whistle seeing the advance tech. "It looks like the boys upstairs are bringing out the big guns" Zhang stepped up as she looked over her HUD. "We were able to find 3 Stalkers circling the industrial area. Each is followed by a gang of 10 Glowbats ( http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/wow ... 0601214906 ) . They seem to be the main force here. We also found 2 Dome Head but we lost track of it (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407716572494377484/ )" She said.

When you ask about a generator, Malcolm makes a call to the other scouts. "It seems in one of the old warehouses there is an old gasoline generator. If we can set it up, we can lure those bastards into your trap." He says. In a few minutes, the scouts return with the generator. It's an old model but it should do the trick.

"But to get them her you're going to need us right?" He says lifting up his face mask to finally comment on your plan. "I already got the command from the Commander to give you our assistance. Our squad isn't heavy on firepower but when on land, we're the fastest unit out there."

WB Encyclopedia

Pinchers (Class D) Small Bug Creatures that travel in swarms. Weak but Deadly and can reproduce en masse.

Glow bats (Class D) The infant form of a stalker. They have a tendency of clinging onto friend and foe alike to absorb nutrients and energy

Bunker Crabs (Class C) A Breaker with a thick metallic shell, releases energy from its centre eyes

Dome Head (Class C) A slow Breaker with little to now physical ability. The protective shell protects a powerful brain with intense Psionic Powers
Mark3000

Postby exalted » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:46 am

Smalls kept her face plate down to hide the seething rage in her eyes from the actions of her subordinate. To not only interrupt the meeting with the other officer but then criticise the plan was inexcusable and showed them to poorly disciplined rank amateurs. Smalls had considered herself a professional for some time, ever since joining the SAAS, there was a line between rowdiness and irreverence, and disrespect. Her subordinates reflected upon her and herself upon the commander and the organisation, obviously the beasting she'd given the team hadn't been enough to whip them into line.

Swallowing her rage, she ignored Maiza, not even bothering to look at the woman as she continued to focus on LT Ranger.

"Yeah, welcome to the suck," She replied as he realised the role she needed him to play, "Just need you to rabbit and pull our asses out the fire it comes to it, we are heavy hitters here."

She moved onto discuss the patrol pattern of the stalkers and best place to put the generator. She gave orders to strap the geny with half the demo they'd brought. With a bit of luck the scouts wouldn't be needed to rabbit until after the stalkers were dealt with.

Her plan changed to activate the geny once one of the stalkers was closet to bring it down the road. If the other two noticed the bait it would take them longer to get there allowing the team to deal with the first by itself. If all three rocked up at the same time they'd blow the geny and do what damage they could before displacing and doing hit and runs to break up the enemy formation. The glowbats didn't worry her a lot, between the blast, and the rapid fire weapons and missiles the team possessed she felt they'd be dealt with in the opening volley.

Done explaining, she turned her back to check on the being done to the geny, thumbing the switch to change her comms to the team only frequency.

"If you have something to add, Private Joker, use the comms." She growled through her throat mic to Maiza, "Do not embarrass me in front of another officer again."

Flicking her face plate open, she turned back, putting on her best shit eating grin.

"Okay, everybody happy? We use the geny to pull those fuck sticks out of position and into our ambush. Scouts turn on the geny and bug out behind Private Joker on the flank. I want alternate firing positions worked out before commencement and the flank needs to coordinate on a plan to either rejoin the line or extract if it gets threatened with being enveloped. Quetions? Lets move like we got a purpose people."
exalted

Postby starwacher » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:05 am

She pulls out her note pad as she draws a map marking were every bit of cover and monster in the area she then place the paper into her suit as it transfer data updating the map.

She then use her comm chat "Ma am I'm in position I'll send all intel I'v gathered." She'll transfersher Intel her though PDA "I'll be waiting for my next set of orders"

She haer the sound something comeing out of the hole what ever was down it was safe to say it was not friendly.
starwacher

Postby CondorBoH » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:59 am

Aya would have bit her thumb, if she hadn't had her helmet blocking it. She instead tapped her chin a few times, the metal dings helping her think.
Right.
Distraction it is then. She made sure that both Lucy and Mini were listening to her orders over the radio. This might not work out well, but it was better than charging.

"I'm coming to the Northern end of the Quarry. Lucy, move position to the South-Eastern and keep visual on the Overmind and any of the smaller shitbags you can see. Don't fire unless you're attacked or I give the order. Stay hidden."
She walked to where she said she was going, beckoning Mini to follow. As they went, Aya opened her Cluster hatch and pulled two of the timed explosive missiles from it, holding one in each hand.
"I'm going to plant explosives as close as I can get to one of the patrol parties without the risk of being seen. Gonna get clear and then make it go 'boom'. Hopefully that will pull the attention of either the Overmind or the Southern guards. Thin the numbers we have to engage. If it works, we'll have to fight less on the South end and enter the quarry. If it's REALLY distracting and gets the Overmind entirely outta the way, then we can go down the sides and get in asap."

Aya stooped and placed one of the explosives, setting it to detonate on her command. They were nowhere near the Northern tip.
"Once I think they're distracted, I'll blow this one and try to distract them further. Get eyes away from us. If you two have any other ideas, now's a good time to share."
CondorBoH

Postby starwacher » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:52 pm

She get back on the comm "yes maam moving onto position." She move quietly South-Eastern as she was told to they haven't noticed her so far so what were the chance they see her she move carefully.
starwacher

Postby Grape Me » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:38 am

Mini walked behind her co, observing the surroundings carefully. The wildlife chattered loudly with the ending of day soon upon them. There was this pungent stinch that hung in the air, a smell that was all too foreign. It was mostly likely the world breakers. Mini could tell it was only a matter of time before ___________ hit the fan. She found herself grinning under her her helmet, hardly able to contain her excitement.

Mini listening to the plan, wondering if there were in holes in it. It was genius enough, distracting the enemy while they snuck in undetected. The only problem was... what if they were detected. It was bound to happen eventually. "If we're found out try to close the distance before they can properly respond. You and I are only really effective at close range so the closer we are to them, the better." Other than that she didn't have much else to add.
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby Mark3000 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Mini, Aya & Lucy

GM Roll

Stealth Detection Roll: Need 70 or more to succeed, Affected by in
Aya 85 + 15 =100
Lucy 89 + 20 + Awareness (10)= 109
Mini 88 + 20 = 108

Just as Aya placed the charges, you all noticed something moving in the bushes. Brings up your database, you recognized the creatures as Prowlers ( http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1829637 ... +no_humans). One was tailing Aya and Mini about 15 Paces to the side. While the one by Lucy was 20 Paces away. Luckily you managed to catch them before they could ambush you. With both creatures in tow, do you still set off the charges?

Mini

Pilot Durability: 4.5k
Frame Durability: 30k
Evasion:7
Energy Reserves: 600
Arsenal: Small Rocket x 8, Large Rocket x 2, Mini Missiles x 60 (10 Remote)

Lucy

Pilot Durability: 3
Frame Durability: 8
Evasion: 45+15 = 60// well on the ground 65
Movement 17// well on the ground 27
Energy Reserves 550
Arsenal:

Aya

Pilot Durability: 7.5
Frame Durability: 33k
Evasion: -3 + 15 = 12
Movement: 8
Energy Reserves: 600
Arsenal: Mini Missiles x 30 (8 Convert), Medium Missiles x 4(2 Convert)
Last edited by Mark3000 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark3000

Postby CondorBoH » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Mini and Lucy would hear a whispered voice over the intercom. Damn it, she hadn't wanted to start a fight while they were all separated.
"Watch it. Prowlers. I'm not 100% on how these things communicate, but it's not wise to let them get back to their friends. I can detonate the charges, might sting us a little or we could rush them and detonate once we're clear. Kick the hornet's nest and get the fuck outta dodge."

There was the other option too.
"Or I could distract them and draw some attention, let you girls do all the work. But I don't want to make the sacrifice play, as cool as it would be."
CondorBoH

Postby starwacher » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:07 pm

whispered back "ma am permission to give advice?" (if her CO give ok to carry on.) "my doll doesn't have any explosives It maybe better if I draw out well you and mini set up the charges." she sigh."I'll draw them away them in also mine a lot faster then yours I could lure them away and even out run them if they too dicey this doll was build for scouting and drawing in targets after all.." she smiles
Last edited by starwacher on Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starwacher

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Maiza sighed as she was getting attitude from her insecure co. Looks like offering opinions was a bad idea... Well next time she sees a bad idea or trap or whatever she might as well keep her lips tight. For now she'll follow her co's orders to the word. Of anyone died that isn't in their squad it's Snail's responsbility not hers. If she didn't understand that concept she was just a child in a seat of power. "Yes ma'am" she stated with a tired expression.... She missed her team.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby CondorBoH » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:13 am

Aya pondered for a moment, quickly looking at where she had seen the alien scout. Well, fuck it.
"That still doesn't change the fact that they already know we're here. Hell, they've been following us this entire conversation. We can't slip away without causing a scuffle. So lets cause a scuffle. Open fire, kill these two as soon as possible. I'll leave this for the distraction later. We need eyes off of us. If this goes bad, we do this the hard way."

She counted down from five, standing and making sure that her subordinates knew what was going to happen once she said zero. That is to say, she immedietly boosted towards the closest Prowler, mace out to dent its skull. It was a little bit too far away for her to reach quickly enough, but she gave enough room for either Mini or Lucy to shoot between them and hit it.
CondorBoH

Postby Mark3000 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:09 pm

Jessica, Hana, Maiza

"Yes Ma'am" You hear the scouts shout as they move into position. Strapping the demolition charges to the generator, Malcolm and his team move it into position.

Once you reach the choke point, Malcolm's team sets up the generator about 40 Paces from your location. It's still another 30 to reach the abandoned refinery but at the very least you're team is at a safe distance. "Based on the Information we gathered, the first Stalker Patrol should arrive in 15 minutes" Private Zhang reported over the Comm link. Looking at the road, you notice that not only was it narrow but also provided little to no cover.

As predicted, the first Stalker comes right down the road surrounded by it's Glowbat familiars. "Turning on Generator!" Malcolm yells as he flips the switch and retreats. Sensing a source of energy, the Stalker changes direction an begins to move towards your trap. But as it does you notice another creature follow it. It doesn't take long for you to realize that it's one of the Dome Heads mentioned by the scout team. It moves beside the Stalker and seems to erect some kind of translucent barrier around the two of them. All of them are 20 paces away from the explosive.

Jessica's Squad Statistics

Jessica
Pilot Durability: 4.5K
Frame Durability: 33.5
Evasion (-10+15) 5
Movement: 11
Energy Reserves: 500
Arsenal: Small Rockets: x8, Mini-Missiles x90

Maiza
Pilot Durability: 1.5
Frame Durability: 19
Evasion: 50
Movement 15 (+10 When Spinner Booster System is activated)
Energy Reserves 500

Hana
Pilot Durability (1.5K Durability / 5 Points Vitality) 1.5K
Frame Durability (18)
Evasion (46)
Movement: 16
Energy Reserves: 450
Mark3000

Postby Nobudi » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:58 am

Hana hated this. Hated her CO. Hated being yelled at for being just a goddamn civilian. Sure, she signed up for this, but this was just fucking out of control. Under her visor, her jaw clenched and unclenched. The urge to punch her CO, corporal punishment or even dishonorable discharge be damned, was rising. If they lived through this, she wanted to get a goddamn transfer. Vividly imagining herself using the thermal launcher and shooting her CO made it much more manageable, for the time being. She got into position, and readied her plasma pistol. Didn't seem to neccessary to bring out her primary weapon, which was overkill incarnate. She personally learned that during her piloting test against digital copies of the World Breakers. Then, she noted that there seemed to be a force field coming from a Domehead World Breaker. She swapped weapons immediately. There was a pretty high chance that that shield was going to be a tough nut to crack, even with the ambush. "Heavy weapons out. Tell me when to take the shot."
Nobudi

Postby exalted » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:05 am

Smalls double checked on the alternative firing positions the team would need to take up after dealing with the first wave before taking her position on the line. She was content for now, the plan was set and she hadn't seen any fear of the enemy in her team, boosting her confidence that untried and untested might bolt. They could hate her and bitch all they wanted, it was a soldiers right to gripe, just as long as they didn't lose their fear of her.

"All units, conduct final checks, operation commencing" Smalls brought up her weapon list on her hud, broadcasting to her team and the scouts as she watched the World Breakers approach, "FNG, focus fire on the stalker, domehead belongs to Joker, I'll deal with their little friends."

Selecting her missiles, she marked and tracked the glowbats on her hud in preparation of the volley, bracing the mg in case any of the cretins missed the first salvo.

"You are free to engage after the generator detonation."

She would try to blow the geny once it had passed the dome's shield to cause the most confusion in the breakers.
exalted

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:10 am

Once the plan was initiated Maiza would move to firing position attempting to maintain a charged shot upon the some head after the co had activated the explosion. Hopefully this would go well... Being properly equiped was lucky for them, but this sort of luck never lasts long. Something was gonna go wrong at some point and it was gonna hit hard. For now she aimed her shot at the domehead proceeding to speak in her monotone voice. "Shot is charging..." she would need the attention off of her... Once she took her first shot it was no doubt these creatures would find her as a threat.
KnightVanilla

Postby starwacher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:16 pm

She sighs as she opens fire on scout the following her. "Engaging the emany "
starwacher

Postby Mark3000 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:41 am

Jessica, Hana, Maiza

The Gang of Glowbats follow far behind the Stalker and Dome Head. The metal plated monster drops it's barrier as the Stalker wraps it's tendrils around the generator. That's when you click and detonate the generator. Both the Dome Head and Stalker are engulfed in flames.

(Explosives x 5, 15K Damage to Dome Head and Stalker)

When the smoke subsides, you see the Dome Head's metal shell cracked exposing it's alien brain. Meanwhile the Stalker's Tendrils had almost been completely blown off. The Glowbats fly around in confusion as their leaders howl in pain. This leaves them vulnerable to Jessica's first Salvo

Jessica Uses Cluster Missiles:
Hit Roll: 66 + 5 (Tech. App) + 5 (Ballistics Expert) - 10 (WB Evasion) = 66, Hit

Jessica's first salvo hits the mark as the flying bats are bombarded. However, they two seemed to be shielded by their own energy barrier. It was weaker then what the Dome Head and Stalker had put it, but it had protected them.

The World Breakers still had no idea who their adversary was as Maiza Charged her first shot and Hana brings out her Thermal Launcher.

(Players have the Initiative)

Aya & Lucy

With Mini called off to another area, it falls to Aya and Lucy to take this nest. But first the two of you deal with the Prowlers on your tail.

Aya attempts to close the gap with the first one but isn't quick enough to reach. Meanwhile Lucy opens fire on the one tailing them.

Lucy Shoots Prowler A:
Hit Roll: 99 + 15 (Mark.) - 30 (WB Evasion) + 5 (Sights) = 89, Hit!
Damage: 7K

A barrage of beams hit the wolf like creature. A few bounce off it's armor but most are able to penetrate the prowler's body and front legs. With a wimper the creature seems to be on it's last legs.

Having been spotted, both guard dogs begin to run towards the Quarry and their allies (Distance: 15 Paces). You would have one final chance to stop them before they warned their compatriots.
Mark3000

Postby CondorBoH » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:22 am

"Lucy, I'm gonna make things go boom here. Kill whichever one survives. Then we run like hell, got it?"
Aya got as close as she could before firing not one, but two of her Flame Assault rockets. Since they're relatively close together, the rockets would hit both (in theory). If they weren't as close as expected, then Aya would aim one rocket at the almost dead one, and one at the fresh one. She still had her remote detonation ones on hand.
CondorBoH

Postby Nobudi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:27 am

Hana had an absolute target, going through with the formation of the thermal launcher's barrel to the firing mechanism smoothly. She was targeting what the launcher was designed for: large, heavily armored targets. She decided to aim for the dome head, and launched a shot of superheated metal straight for the barrier.
Nobudi

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay