Pokémon: Battle for Redemption Isle

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Pokémon: Battle for Redemption Isle

Postby XanderFrost » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:13 am

Aster & Casey:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Tropius uses Razor Leaf; 17 to hit
Staryu ducks; 20 to dodge; Counter-attack
Staryu uses Bubble; 18 to hit
Tropius deflects with Gust; 19 to dodge
Neither attack hits

Vanillite uses Hail; It started hailing
Tropius takes 2 points of damage
Ratatta takes 3 points of damage
Caterpie takes 3 points of damage
Staryu takes 4 points of damage

As the weather quickly changed, the enemies cursed as one, almost as if they hadn't thought an ice-type could use Hail. While the hail does hurt Solaris, it doesn't seem to affect him the same way it affects the other Pokémon. With a few tugs and years, Aster is free of the string and can once again fully command her Pokémon. Meanwhile, the larger of the two enemy trainers commands Staryu to use Water Pulse on Frosty.

Staryu uses Water Pulse; 6 to hit; Move effect: Confuse; 2 to confuse
Vanillite is distracted by the dropping temperature; 3 to dodge; Confuse resist; 15 to resist
Vanillite takes 6 Damage
XanderFrost

Location: Not behind you... See? I told you, but you didn't believe me.

Postby dndman997 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:19 am

"now Frosty" she said "now that we have the advantage lets take it and use icicle spear on that caterpie" she said doing some twirls in the hail storm. her skirt once again fluttering up for all to see.
dndman997

Postby Vanestus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:34 am

"One more time Solaris, hit that Staryu with your Razor Leaf," Casey said as she pointed at said Pokemon. Rearing his wings back once more he sent them forward releasing the sharp leaves again.
Vanestus
Newly Registered

Postby Firehead » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:01 am

Jeffery watched as the Pidgey fainted not from his attack, but instead from poison it had from a previous battle,and the Diglett was so starved it couldn't even see straight. He had expected some fun taking down some little trouble makers, but this was not what he was looking forward to. This was just pathetic, but he needed to finish the battle before he could deal with these two. With a lot less enthusiasm than he'd had previously he spoke, "Eva, another tackle."
Firehead

Postby devilbird » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:23 am

Seeing the condition the other pokemon were in, Erick found his reason to hate his opponents. The battle itself wasn't as important to him now. He couldn't let these poor pokemon suffer. He was sorry that he'd have to betray the person that came to help him, but he had to do this. Erick ran in front of the Eevee's tackle and shouted, "Chansey, use Soft Boiled to feed Diglett!"
devilbird

Postby Firehead » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:32 am

Seeing the man jump out before his Eevee caught Jeffery's attention rather suddenly. As fast as he could he rescinded the command. "Eva! Abort!" He was pretty sure she knew better than to attack people, but this was a rather sudden and risky move to jump between an attacking mon and its target like that.
Firehead

Postby XanderFrost » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Jefferey & Erick:

As Eva sees Erick jump into the fray she lets out an excited cry, just before jumping up and launching off of his chest. With a small and very cute back-flip, she lands safely in Jefferey's arms as the Chansey uses Soft Boiled.

Eva uses Tackle; 20 to hit; Critical
Diglett is too hungry to dodge; 12 to evade
Erick protects; 20 to interrupt
Attack stopped

Chansey uses Soft Boiled; Target: Diglett
Diglett is fed and restored 5 HP

The small Diglett sighs in relief and satisfaction after eating the egg. With a cry to its owner, it uses dig to attack the two boys. As the young men run off screaming, they drop their Pokéballs, leaving them. With a quick thought, both Jefferey and Erick decide that the two boys didn't deserve Pokémon and each choose to grab one of the Pokéballs. After all, releasing them would put them at the mercy of the Ferals and reporting the incident would mean they kept the Pokémon anyway. Meanwhile the two girls smile and head over. With an obvious stutter, they offer to exchange numbers with both of you.

Aster & Casey:

Frosty uses Icicle Spear; 16 to hit
Caterpie leaps to the side; 15 to evade
Attack connects; 4 Damage
Frosty's Ice Body; Frosty heals for 6
Tropius takes 1 point of damage
Ratatta takes 2 points of damage
Caterpie takes 4 points of damage
Staryu takes 3 points of damage

Solaris uses Razor Leaf; 10 to hit
Staryu ducks; 7 to evade
Attack connects; Super Effective
16 damage
Staryu faints

With the hail pounding, the Caterpie and Staryu both fall in near silence, exhausted by battle. While neither girl is looking, the men run, abandoning their newly fallen Pokémon along with their Pokéballs. You can hear them yelling something about 'weak, pathetic Pokémon'. This does nothing but solidify hatred toward the two men. Meanwhile, there is a choice to be made. If you decide to use revives on the fallen Pokémon, they may decide to join you. If you decide to report the former Ferals, you could endanger their lives, though this would be the best way to prevent a future Feral attack.
XanderFrost

Postby devilbird » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Erick gratefully traded his number with each of the girl, then asks them if they knew the names of the boys that ran off. As he talked to them, he bent down to pet the Diglett before grabbing it's pokeball and returning it. He went over to the fainted Pidgey and examined it, then stood up and faced the person that helped him out.

"I'm sorry," he said, "You came to help and I just got in the way. They were just so abused that I couldn't bring myself to hurt them more. Look, even though it's fainted, this Pidgey is still poisoned. I don't have any antidotes, so we should take it to an infirmary. We can decide after that who get's which pokemon. If you girls still have some time before you go to wherever you need to be, would you care to tag along?"
devilbird

Postby Firehead » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:42 pm

Jeffery let out a sigh as Eva was able to avoid hurting the guy. He felt a little bothered as the two boys ran off. They really deserved a lot worse for this in his mind but reporting them would let them keep the mon, so it was for the best to let them go and hope they learned better. He smiled as the girls asked to exchange numbers, they seemed a bit nervous which always made him smile. "Sure sure, it's no big deal. Maybe if you guys are around Red Squadron base and I'm not too busy fighting off ferals I can give you a tour."

Numbers exchanged he waved the girls off as he turned back to the guy who'd been in the fight first. "Hey, it's fine. A hardly wanted to even order the attack anyway. Just watch it, I'm sure I shouldn't have to tell you what can happen jumping in front of an attacking mon like that." He patted him on the shoulder. "Now let's go get these two taken care of. I'm Jeffery by the way, and this little fluff ball is my girl Eva."
Firehead

Postby XanderFrost » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Jeffery & Erick:

As you both have exchanged numbers with the girls, the smile and take a rain check on the offer of heading to the infirmary. While the girls don't look anywhere near related to the irresponsible young men, they explain that they're all siblings, the girls being older by only a year or so. This small detail sets a scene in the minds of Eevee and Chansey, the girls are twins, and should be graduating soon. This is also when Erick gets an idea. Where did they get the Pokémon? And why mistreat them? The more outspoken sister introduces herself as Taylor, while the more soft spoken sister is Alice.
XanderFrost

Postby devilbird » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:14 pm

"I'm Erick, and this is Chansey. I asked her if she wanted another name, but she seemed to like her current name just fine," he said jokingly as Chansey gave him a look that said he told this joke a lot, "And you're right, I really shouldn't have done that. But I'd rather I didn't mind getting hurt if it meant helping those pokemon."

Erick wanted to ask Taylor and Alice more about their brothers and their abused pokemon, but it really was essential to get Pidgey to the infirmary soon. Besides, now that he had their contact info, he could always ask them later. He wanted to know where those little shits even got these pokemon in the first place. And why were they so cruel to their pokemon? Erick watched as Jeffery waved the girls off, and he said his goodbyes as well. Then he turned to his new friend and gestured that they should be heading off as well.

"We should probably get going too," he said, "Here, I'll show you the way to the yellow squad infirmary."
devilbird

Postby Firehead » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Before the girls walked off Jeffery asked them if they knew where their brothers had gotten the mon. It was pretty important he check it out later. If there were more to catch there then the boys might just pick up two new mon to continue their abuse with. After introducing him to the Yellow Squad member he turned back to watch the girls leave. His look going up and down their backs. They were quite cute and twins to boot. He wondered if there was any chance something would delay his departure.

He was disrupted from his thoughts when Eva's claws dug lightly into his skin. He'd been staring again and would have missed Erick's introduction if she hadn't dragged him back to reality again. "Yeah, sure Erick. Just lead the way and I'll follow. Hopefully they can have these two patched up quickly. I'm particularly worried with how happy that Pidgey looked as it fainted."
Firehead

Postby XanderFrost » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Jeffery & Erick:

After only a few turns and a stop at a stall to get Eva's attention off of the sweets, Erick and Jeffery arrive at the infirmary. Once inside, the Pokémon are treated, though the nurse does question the two quite harshly. With a quick summary, the nurse smiles and gives the Pokéballs back to the boys. The only thing left to do is decide who gets which Pokémon.

Options:
Diglett
Pidgey
XanderFrost

Postby devilbird » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:17 pm

"Why don't you pick first?" he asked Jeffery. He knew no matter which he got, both would be going to people that cared about them. So either way, he'd be happy just making a new friend.
devilbird

Postby dndman997 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:41 pm

"we cant leave these guys stranded out here" Aster said going over and seeing the pokemon being abandoned "former feral or not they still have feelings." she hugged the staryu and caterpie to herself "shall we report them or take care of these guys" she asked before turning to frosty "you can stop the hail now dear frosty"
dndman997

Postby Vanestus » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:03 pm

"You're right, we can't just leave them here," Casey said as she walked over to the abandoned Pokemon. Scooping up the Ratatta and the Bulbasaur in her arms she turned to Aster and said,"Well we could take care of them ourselves."
Vanestus
Newly Registered

Postby Firehead » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:17 pm

Jeffrey did his best to assuage the nurse as she was understandably suspicious of the duo. Once everything was taken care of it came time to chose who got what. Erick was kind enough to let him chose first, so he took the Pidgey's ball. "I think the Diglett would prefer you right now."
Firehead

Postby XanderFrost » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:32 pm

Jeffery & Erick

With a smile on her face, the nurse turns away and hurries to help another Trainer. As the Pokémon are added to their respective parties, both trainers feel a wave of thanks rush over them from inside the Pokéballs. As Jeffery had said, the Diglett was extremely happy to be with Erick. Instinctively, the Pokémon showed their trainers the moves they knew with mental images.

Diglett:
Dig
Leer

Pidgey:
Gust
Sand Attack

Trainer levels increased:
Erick; 1->2
Jeffery; 1->2

Aster & Casey:

The Pokémon are exhausted and battered, luckily you're only a block or so away from the Infirmary, if Aster remembers correctly. As the hail stops, the Pokémon's breathing can be heard, all four are taking deep, ragged breaths. They need help immediately.

Trainer levels increased:
Aster; 1->2
Casey; 1->2
XanderFrost

Postby devilbird » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:41 pm

In response, Erick took the ball for the Diglett. He would take care of his new friend and make sure he stayed well fed in the future. This just left dealing with the boys and finding out where they got the pokemon in the first place. Taylor and Alice might know something, but they were probably in the middle of something since they were asking him for directions when they met. On the other hand, it meant he knew where the boys wanted to go as well. It might make tracking them down for answers and retribution easier.

"Hey," he said, addressing Jeffery, "Are you as curious as I am about where those two jerks got these pokemon in the first place?"
devilbird

Postby XanderFrost » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:18 pm

Alexander:

After overhearing to other Trainers tell a story about abused Pokémon that weren't assigned, but caught, you stand and clear your throat. There are many ways this could have happened, but the most likely is by Renegades.

Jeffery & Erick

Upon hearing another young man clear his throat, you look to him. He's wearing the pendant of Red Squadron and seems to know , even though he hasn't said anything as of yet. How much did he hear?
XanderFrost

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay