The Academy for the Supernaturally Inclined (IC)

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: The Academy for the Supernaturally Inclined (IC)

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:18 am

Natalie grabbed her pen twirling it through her fingers for a moment as she eagerly read over the introduction and directions. "Shoot mom." She said waiting for her mother to have whatever chat she wanted. Its not like Natalie really had a choice, it was this or risk going to prison... or being outright executed which sounded more likely. She didn't understand her mothers hesitation, surely some weird school was better right? Still she at least waited to hear her mother out before just signing away.
Hazard1325

Postby lilbooth » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:36 am

Gwendolyn purged the sorrow from her eyes more quickly than before. She had already lost her parents when she was uprooted from her home, and whether or not she was ever informed of their fate, she knew they would be separated forever. Gwendolyn shimmied down from her branch, usually a much more fluid motion, but her recent endeavors had left her body feeling weak and foreign. Her new home, however, was warm and welcoming, not to mention beautiful. Her lovely old hill was just that, lovely, but her parent's trees were the only company she had on most days. But here, the flora and fauna flourished, seemingly to no end. "I am honored to receive your greeting Thelia. " She said know standing on the ground in front of the pixie. "I am Gwendolyn, but Gwen is fine." She continued offering a slight curtsey, a behavior she had adopted from humans that she found rather entertainingly cute. "I currently hold no titles, nor guard any land, though perhaps the latter has changed..." She offered as she gestured around herself. "I take it you did not rescue me to simply have me sit inside this garden. What is it I am to do here?" She asked, crouching at the base of her tree.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Riptide » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:37 am

Warren instinctively crawled up into the fetal position to try to wait out the apparent drug trip he was going on. What are the odds that the second picnic basket he stole would be laced with LSD as well. He repeated a mantra to try to calm himself down. "This isn't real. You're in a tree. This isn't real. You're in a tree."

A few moments later, he noticed the relatively normal man in the room and carefully stood up. He reached out for a handshake. "Sorry, Im not too accustomed to magic."
Riptide

Postby johnnyarrow » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:35 am

Warren
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Fancy man smirked, but Warren saw the strain at the corners of his mouth. He was quite obviously trying to hold in a bout of laughter. The smirk lasted an awkward amount of time before he finally recollected himself. "Well then, Mr. County. If you would be so kind as to take a seat?" He gestured behind you and there was an unfolded metal chair there. "Given that that transgression just happened, I take it you were not expecting the teleportation here?"

Gwendolyn

"Actually, my dear, you may if you prefer. In all honesty, we truly did mean to rescue you. Pure and simple." She smiled broadly at you and flew just high enough to keep eye contact. "We do need a decent grounds keeper here, and you'd be a perfect fit. However, if you would like to attend classes here, then you may. We offer two courses, Concealment, meant to take you away to a secluded area and offer you the working knowledge on how to stay out of human sight but still live an active and happy social life amidst the supernatural community, and Immersion, meant to teach you how to live amongst humans. Both I assure you, are very in depth and offer a wide variety of techniques and skills necessary to live in this strange new world of ours." She felt almost a sense of pride in you after you jumped from your tree. "That being said, both options are open to you, and even if you choose to simply live here on the grounds, you may attend any class you like without the stresses of receiving an actual grade."

Natalie

Your mother took a breath before speaking. "Nat, sweetie, I love you." She pulled you into a hug. "I love you with all my heart, but this letter means I have to let you go." You begin to feel tears on your shoulder. "And I know it's not forever but you're my baby girl. My only one, and I hate that they're forcing you into this. I'm so sorry I did this to you. I'm so sorry."

Terios

You finished lugging in the last of your bags up into your dorm room. Funny, you weren't sure if you expected more or less than just a bed, desk, and dresser. Regardless, it seemed you would have to purchase a book shelf or two for the reading material you brought with you. On your bed sat a fresh, cleanly pressed school uniform in your size exactly. Black slacks, white undershirt, and a crimson red vest with the school insignia sewn to the fabric. On a hanger dangling from your dresser was a black overcoat, optional. The view of the courtyard was decent. You were able to see the main school building, surprisingly mundane as it was, and the other students walking towards it from one of the four separate dorms. A loud lot of joyous yelling came from in the hallway disturbing your thoughts. When you shut your door, you notice an odd piece of paper clung to the back.
johnnyarrow

Postby exalted » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:20 am

Sera balanced neatly on the edge as she paced back and forth, listening to Ben. A noise below distracted her and she glanced down to see two humans rutting in an alleyway. Her lip curled in disgust and she kicked a lose tile off the roof to startle the pair.

"Do not fear Brother, I am under no disillusion about our supiority over vulgar man and the creatures that roiled in darkness before us." She replied with a wicked grin, "I am not ashamed of what I am. Tell me brother, do you miss being one of us?"

Quickly reaching down, she grabbed Ben tightly under the arms and tumbled off the roof, plumeting almost all the way down before she spread her wings and soared upwards.
exalted

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:37 pm

Natalie accepted the hug and squeezed back but rolled her eyes. "I'm sure they'll have a winter break or somthing mom its not a big deal." She briefly thought over all the times her mother had been there for her and returned the hug with a quick squeeze and then pushed out of bed to pull on some real clothes. As she bent over to sign she asked her mother. "So do we mail this back and they send llike a bus or something?" She asked not knowing about the teleportation spell.
Hazard1325

Postby devilbird » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Terios sighed inwardly when he saw the rather spartan layout of the room. His books would have to remain packed away for awhile longer. Neither was he impressed with the uniform that lay on his bed. It was a little too confining for his tastes. It also seemed weird to him that a school with such a lax dress code would even a uniform in the first place. Still, they were kind enough to provide it, so he would definitely use it. Though maybe he'd avoid using the crimson vest for now. He got dressed and was surprised to see the uniform fit him perfectly. It wasn't a bad look and, baring the school insignia, it looked like he was dressed up to go to a wedding or something.

Loud noises echoed down the hall and reminded him that things were going to be different here. Wanting a bit more silence, Terios stood at his window to scan the courtyard for the library building. Once he had found it, he made his way to the door. There awaiting him was a paper that he had not noticed before. He picked it up and examined it.
devilbird

Postby johnnyarrow » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Sera

"WHOOA!" He yelped as you pulled him down off the edge. "Fu-fuck Sera, warn a man before you go and do this." He looked out towards the horizon. The night air was perfect for this. Cool and crisp, the slight chill sent a shiver through your bones. Joy and adrenaline mingled to make you feel whole again. Nothing was ever so great as flying. Feeling the wind whip through your hair and glide over your wings. "I do miss it, but if you don't land us somewhere we're gonna be seen and I don't want to have to run from hunters this morning."

Natalie

She sighed and pulled away. She wiped the tears from her eyes and smiled back at you. "I know, and I know I should've let you move out earlier than this, but I just wasn't ready to see my baby girl go on her own. I don't think I'm even ready now, but I know you have to go. I just wanted to say goodbye before you signed the paper." She leaned over and kissed your forehead. "Bye Nat, hope you write back, and you damn well better visit on breaks young lady or so help me I will bring the baby pictures and show every one of your friends both here and there how you used to run around naked with spaghetti on your face when you were 2." She put on a stern face and aimed a finger at you.

Terios

The paper was headlined "The Daily Schedule for Terios Andreas." At the top right was a time stamp. "11:03 AM" and immediately below it was a single line of elegant writing. "Induction Ceremony - Auditorium - 11:45 AM." A quick glance up to the top right once more showed the time "11:04 AM."
johnnyarrow

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:36 pm

Natalie grinned as she signed the note. "I'll be fine mom really." The affection was appreciated but honestly whats the worst that could happen on campus? She finished her signature with a flourish and tucked the note away.
Hazard1325

Postby devilbird » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:53 pm

It seemed his trip to the library would have to wait. Terios was impressed, however, with the constant updating on the paper. It seemed like a good idea to keep it on him, so he folded it neatly and slipped the paper into his pocket. He then began his trek to the auditorium. He wasn't in a rush since he had plenty of time still, so he decided to move slow and study the scenery as he walked by. Terios made note of anything interesting he saw on his way, with the exception of any students that actively avoided him. Those he made a point of ignoring. Eventually he reached his destination. It wasn't too hard for him to find. One of the first skills young minotaur have drilled into them is navigation. There was... a historical precedent for that. He opened the door and entered.
devilbird

Postby MelissaB » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:16 pm

Looking voer the uniform she smirks and shakes her head. "Like I will wear that of all things." She comments with a shrug. "Not one jewel on there... I doubt that's even silk. distasteful." She hisses before tossing it into the wardrobe, on the floor of it, clearly never going to wear it until some vast improvements are made, it was also too concealing. Grumbling she looks outside and shakes her head, dropping onto the floor with a dull thud she moves to leave, clearly seeing no other point of remaining in that place, it was likely a place of rest but far smaller than her usual homes. Heading out she begins to wander the halls, trying to make her way outside.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby lilbooth » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:01 am

"That is very gracious of you Thelia." Said Gwendolyn with a heavy nod. "I will happily accept the responsibility of ground's keeper." She continued, nodding once again. "And yes, I think these classes would be helpful, keep myself busy if nothing else. I have spent all my life hiding away, and you can see, and feel, where that brought me. So perhaps immersion is what lies in my future?" She concluded, sort of waiting for permission or approval from Thelia. There was some excitement in her eyes, hidden deep behind the sorrow that overtook them, but the keen observer could see it there, and hear it on the edges of her breath.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby exalted » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:45 am

Sera laughed at Ben's concern and panic as she zipped between the buildings, making him admit his folly in giving up his wings before finding the tallest building she could to land on. Untangling herself from Ben, she continued her practise of tip toeing across the edge of the building as she waited for him to give her the letter.

"Another time, Brother," She would laugh once he handed it to her, "Enjoy your walk down."

With that she would overbalance and topple again into the darkness below, before winging it to safety.
exalted

Postby johnnyarrow » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Vorel

As you step out into the hallway, you pause in brief reflection at the diversity of the crowd walking past you. Never before had you seen so many lesser beings all in one place. Some had fins, some had horns, some had claws, most had sharp teeth, some were reptilian in nature, others covered head to toe in fur, one was even translucent and flying. The general flow of students was going left towards a staircase, though as you've opened your door and presented yourself proudly in the nude, quite a few male students stop to stare for a long second before running to catch up to whoever they were with.

Gwendolyn

"Oh wonderful!" She flew twirling into the air, but stopped. She felt caution and humility as it seemed she was looking for the right words to say. She flew back down with her hands held together in front of her. "Now this will be the difficult part." Anxiety. "You'll have to leave your tree here for the day. I understand it may seem hard, however, it's necessary for you to attend classes. If you'd like to wait until tomorrow to begin class so that your roots may spread further into the campus, that is acceptable. However, you will need to go to the welcoming ceremony, in uniform."

Natalie

You suddenly feel yourself turned upside down. Your wrists and ankles feel restrained, and your eyes are trying to adjust to the low light that seems to surround you. "Well, hello my dear." A low sultry female voice made you try to look up towards it's source. Your eyes finally adjusting you realize you have been looking at something very red and flat. As you pull your vision sky- er- ceiling ward you follow the contours of a very well toned feminine body. A smooth flat stomach, great heaving exposed breasts, smiling sentuous puckering black stained lips blanketing snow white teeth, and finally a burning yellow eyed gaze that seemed to yearn for your affection but demand it at the same time. Your breath catches when you smell something musky and it hits you like an airborne concussion. Your mind swims in it. "It is my greatest pleasure to welcome you to Wegener Academy."

Sera

Ben hadn't even noticed you'd taken the letter from him. Now, as you flew away you hear him shout that he still has something to tell you, but you have more important matters to attend to than listen to your neutered brother lecture you. You needed to learn to be free of these distasteful laws and restrictions forced on you by mortals and the powers within the supernatural world alike. You set down in a safe spot with the letter in hand.

Terios

The sea of potential classmates seemed to part as you walked to your destination. A few looked up and exclaimed a strange sort of wonder when they saw you. Others skipped out of your way in panic and fear. Regardless of either, you reached your destination within 15 minutes. The auditorium it seemed was an entire other wing of the complex from the four separate dorms. Upon further reflection, it seemed there were a number of faculty members at the front making sure students had at least an item of their uniform on if they had the ability to wear it. One student was completely made of a gelatinous material and it appeared he- she- it- they just slapped the coat onto the front of themselves and slid their way to the auditorium. A teacher smiled at them for it. Opening the door brought you to an unmistakably GRANDIOUS hall. The ceiling was carved from marble and depicted the success of many different individuals from different species all throughout both the supernatural world as well as the human world. In fact, is that JFK? In the mural it depicts him with purplish skin and horns shaking reading off his inauguration speech. As for the ground level itself, it appeared to be a sort of ballroom with a second floor to either side where there were hundreds of foldable wooden chairs placed in rows to view the main floor. A male faculty member with tusks jutting from his mouth noticed you and ushered you over to a staircase where you were able to walk up and be seated near the railing. Beside you it seemed was a very shy looking girl with blue feathered wings who scooted over slightly as you sat down.

Zephara

This morning was interesting. First you'd woken up like any other day. Your mom had caught breakfast, fish again, then you all sang a bit, then you took morning baths, but after that it digressed into less than the norm. Mom gave you and your sisters letters. She told you to sign the bottom with your claw and you did but then somehow you were in some weird cage! You panicked for a brief moment but there was this weird woman with cat ears who kept licked her lips when she spoke. Although uncomfortable she explained that you were now at Wegener Academy, a place meant to teach you how to function within the human world. Afterwards when you finished doing the paper work there they moved you to your new dorm room via the same sort of teleportation that brought you here in the first place. When you went outside and an older guy with black leathery wings on his back told you to put on the uniform that was laying out on your bed in your new room. Now after all that, you went to the auditorium like they told you to in this uncomfortable outfit and some big hairy guy with a cow head just sat down next to you. His massive stature was intimidating to say the least.
Last edited by johnnyarrow on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnnyarrow

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Looking over the many lives of the creatures around her Vorel continues she had no idea what she was to do, none of the paperwork allowed her to see what she should be doing here or even when her classes were. Sighing she makes her way where everyone else seems to be going seemingly having no other option than to do just that.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Natalie was in her room one second then the next her stomach was doing backflips. She felt as though she was about to puke but as her senses focused and she felt the restraints on her body her fear squashed her nausea. Her eyes wandered upward to behold the strange woman towering over her and she offered a nervous smile. "H-Hi... uhmm this is the school right? G-glad to be here I th-think... so who are you?" She asked hopping this thing had no malicious intent.
Hazard1325

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Zephara's transition to Wegener Academy had certainly been a whirlwind experience, leaving her still mentally catching up with what had just happened even after she was in class. While she didn't object to the idea of going to the Academy, she felt out of the loop and shaken up by how everything was handled. Although she did know one thing, that his place was meant to teach her how to function in the human world. That piece of information pushed her on to co-operate with the fast paced transition the Academy seemed to demand from her. Changing into the uniform that was left out for her, Zeph decided to do her best to get accustomed to the academy, starting to appreciate the lengths her mother must have gone through to get her here so she could follow her dream of finding a way to live among humans. The outfit was... however... rather uncomfortable, and she would much prefer to wear something more to her tastes. Perhaps she would be able to talk to someone about this later. Instead she went to the auditorium as was requested of her, her mind starting to finally finish processing everything that had happened to her right as she sat down, only for a massive Minotaur to take the seat next to her, making her feel nervous and out of her depth all over again. She did her best to relax and pay attention to what was going on, rather than worry about the guy next to her. All her time spent thinking about human civilization she realized she was completely out of touch with other monsters.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby devilbird » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Terios was amazed by the mural, as most of the books he'd managed to read were written by humans. They likely never knew some of their big names were not one of them. He certainly was surprised by it. Terios wondered how many books the school actually had on historical monsters leading humanity forward. While Terios himself just wanted to hide away from everyone, stories of actual people in the world interested him. Surely there would be many new pages for him to lose himself in. Terios smirked as he found himself looking forward to the coming years at the academy. But that could wait til later, for right now one of the faculty was now ushering him to find his seat. As he approached, he could see a timid looking bird woman before him. When he sat down next to her, it only made things worse.

While he might have been stoic looking on the outside, inside Terios was panicking. As per usual, he was scaring this poor girl. The massive minotaur was always terrible with people, and had no idea how to calm the girl down. But he felt like he had to do something. He lifted a massive hand up, and lightly placed on her head. He then began gently petting her, hoping it would calm her down like some of the animals he used to play with. More importantly, he hoped it didn't just freak her out more. Terios turned his head away, as he couldn't bring himself to look at her while doing something so embarrassing.
devilbird

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:14 pm

Zeph's expression went from one of wary caution to fear the moment she noticed the minotaur reaching over to her. Wincing preemptively, she froze for a few moments as she felt his large hand lightly tap her head before seeming to... pet her. Her expression changed once again, at first into a look of confusion as she stared at the minotaur, who now no longer seemed to be even looking at her as he did this, and then into steadily growing irritation as the huge figure sitting beside her continued to pet her while looking away. "What are you doing?" she hissed under her breath to him, as to avoid drawing any unnecessary attention from the people around them.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby devilbird » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Terios quickly withdrew his hand at her words. He was expecting a lot of things, but not her transition from fear to annoyance. People were not like books, they were a lot harder to read. He had only sought to calm her down, and had gotten himself in trouble instead. This was why he just wanted to hide away from the world. He would never get along with anyone, so why did he keep trying? Terios looked at the harpy and hung his head apologetically.

"You looked scared," was all he could say.
devilbird

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay