Kingpin [IC]

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Kingpin [IC]

Postby lilbooth » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:07 pm

Leo (+2 experience for last 5 posts)

Jenny and Leo Contested action: Grabbing Jenny's Glass. Jenny's Speed 6 (2 4 2 10+ 2 10+ 6 10+ 9 5 successes ) Leo's Speed 5 (3 1 4 2 4 0 successes)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Jenny quickly snatched up her cup and drops it down the hatch, followed by the barkeep and Leo taking a sip. They weren't particularly small mason jars. And Leon didn't make particularly weak shit. One sip of the hooch wasn't enough to put anyone down, but the whole jar was about nine shots.(Sta roll to resist effects of alcohol 2 dice= 2 4 0 succusses) For a few moments everyone seemed fine, then everything started to get a little spiny from Jenny's point of view. The barkeep was surprised to see such a little thing like Jenny take down such a large glass of the stuff, impressed more like. Not wanting to be outdone he tipped back the rest of his glass as well and let out satisfied "Ahhh!" while placing his hand on Jenny's shoulder. "This guy can make some damn fine shine." He said in a slightly hushed voice. With both Jenny's and the barkeep's glasses now empty, Leo was the odd one out.

Jericho

It didn't take very long for the guys to 'get comfortable' once everyone had a drink poured for themselves, save Kelly, who hadn't touched the stuff in years, they gathered round the bar and the one round wooden table that stood in the establishment. The crowd was up to nine people now, and Sullivan joined you on the back side of the bar. "Everyone's here except Cammie and her crew, and from what I heard they won't be joining us." He said as he pulled up a bottle of southern comfort and poured it into a rock's glass. "I know you want to try to hit some unmarked shit near home and I want to head up to Summerville. I thought it over some and I figure why not do both, you take four guys and I'll take five, we'll see which one of us fares better and then we'll put it to a vote of confidence. How's that sound?" He asked as he raised the glass to his lips a took a sip.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby johnnyarrow » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:24 am

Good. Old man's might not mess with her. In hindsight it wouldn't be smart for him to rape his courier. Stuff smells like gas though. Leo pretends to slowly sip his glass, allowing the stinging tonic to touch his lips but he never actually drinks any. With the two of them knocking back those jars like that, I doubt they'll even notice. Leo makes an effort to look more relaxed and easy, shifting his gaze slowly, calmly, and most importantly soberly between Jenny and the bar keep. Fuck it. At the very least if she's not in danger here I can maybe get her home. Pretty girl like this, it'd be a shame if she wrecked and died. Should make sure she gets home safe.
johnnyarrow

Postby exalted » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:52 am

"Oh Yeah!" Gasped Jenny hoarsely as soon the burning sensation in her mouth, throat and stomach allowed her to, slamming the jar back down on the table. When you needed to go from zero to fucked up in no time, there was nothing quite like white lightning and she soon felt the familiar sensation take affect.

"Youze... youze shoulda seen tha stuff my da made... made thiz lookz likez... likez..." She couldn't think of the word but decided it didn't matter anymore.

Leaning back against the counter she felt her skin flush with heat and unzipped her jacket, inadvertently sticking out her chest as her head lolled back to gaze at the ceiling. Yep, she was ready now, she thought, the drug fiend could rob the place now and she wouldn't care as long as she kept this buzz going. She glanced awkwardly as the bar tender put his hand on her shoulder but let it go, guy was about to have bigger problem being robbed and all.
exalted

Postby That_One_Guy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Jericho looked at Sullivan and nodded, "Aye, that'll work." He said and smirked. He didn't want to let Sullivan know what he had planned. It wasn't about going outside of their limit, it was about expanding it from what they have. What Sullivan wanted was to hit the hard stuff and Jericho knew there would be retaliation for it, and that retaliation would surely get Sullivan killed. But in case it didn't, Jericho's plan would still work, recruit and expand. "I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, Sullivan." He told him.
That_One_Guy

Postby Nobudi » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:27 am

Cynthia softened her expression. She could relate with everyone here in the orphanage, being one herself. But it was hard to relate to Jake, who had grown up with a family that was bound by blood. She had something to say, and it was a hypocritical truth. "Jake, you yourself just said you have less than a year here. Use that to be a kid. I know, it's hard losing your parents, but do you really think your parents would want you to be trying to be an adult so fast?" As if she didn't try to be an adult as fast as possible to be a whore. But she honestly thought that Jake deserved a good childhood. But a part of her wanted Jake to see her as a pervert, something she pushed into the dark corner of her mind she never visited. Just because her innocence was robbed, doesn't mean any other kid should. "I won't tell the Head this time, but I want you to go and have fun, just like any other kid. I would like to think your parents would want to see you having fun."
Nobudi

Postby johnnyarrow » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:53 am

"Make it look like lite beer?" Leo said sheepishly trying not to stare at her chest. Seriously lady, you may actually be askin' for it. Wait... what if she is? Jesus man, that's gotta be the dumbest thing you've thought today and you ended up here in this fuckin' room with some hodunk courier and a horny bar tender, watchin' them drink shine thinkin' this puggy drunk is gonna be able to take advantage of a girl who runs shit for crooks and has a really well toned- AY AY AY DONT STARE AT THEM YOU FUCKIN IDIOT! Leo's sight had drifted toward her cleavage without him really thinking about it. He redirected his gaze as nonchalantly as possible towards the bar keep, trying to read his reaction. Alright, one more check up. If the dudes twiddling his fingers and twirlin' a sinister mustache, you deck him and drag this drunken idiot out of here. You quit your job. You go back to a life of crime and start lookin' for a new safe house. God knows you can only hide away from the rats for so long. Alright fuck face, you're gettin' off track again. What is the bar keep doing?
johnnyarrow

Postby lilbooth » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:21 am

Jenny-Lee Pettimore

Your reflexes were still deteriorating but you could easily feel the barkeep resting one of his arms on your upper back. "I'd love to offer you some more, but this delivery should last me a month at least. I can poor you what we got on tap." Offered the barkeep. "And should I call you a cab or you want to hang out here till you sober up? You don't have a car do ya Leo?" He asked. You realised he was actually holding you up slightly as you were leaning heavily on the table.

Leonardo “Vergogna” Cont

The barkeep seemed content with the situation and after sliding a bit closer to Jenny he threw out a few loaded questions. He didn't want to pour any more shine but he was offering the cheapest beer he had on tap for free. But he also offered to call her a cab right before he asked if you had a car.(Which currently you don't)

Jericho Kearney

Sullivan tipped his glass towards you and let out a simple "Great". He stuck his arm forward and held out his hand, intent that you would shake it. Whether for respect, pity, or just to get him out of your hair you did. He stepped out from behind the bar and knocked by the rest of his drink. "Bernie, Walsh, Murry, and the O'Niels, you're with me. Everybody else is under Jericho's command. Anyone got any objections? Speak now or forever hold your peace and all that shit?" He said a bit too loudly to the crowd of gangsters. No one seemed to argue or contest the idea. After Sullivan and his men had cleared the bar only a handful of men were left staring back at you. Most of them looked a bit somber and probably wouldn't mind the night off.

Xiu Lan Chun Presence (2) + Persuasion (2) = 10+ 3 4 5 6 2 successes

Its challenging but you manage to find a chink in Jake's emotional armor. He drops his guard for just a moment and you see a single tear creep down his cheek. He quickly recovers though and wipes the tear from his face. "Yeah whatever." He says in a discouraged voice as he begins to turn away from you and enjoy the futility of snack time.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby johnnyarrow » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:40 am

Well fuck. I guess I was right. I hate it when that happens. "Sorry. Can't do that. Since she went and got herself plenty hammered off of this stuff I'm gonna have to run her home and let the fuckin' Charlies know they're not gettin' their shine tonight. Thanks for that by the way. You mind scootin' away from her, I'm gonna take her to the car." Leo got up and stepped out as he spoke. As he frowned deeply when he mentioned the Charleston Mob and glared directly into the barkeeps eyes making sure he could see the full glass of shine. Leo spat at the closest drain ridding his mouth of any trace of the taste of the rotten fermentation that stood on his lips and wiped away the wet. He lowered his head looking down at the man displaying as much irritation he could muster without making it abundantly aware he was plenty angry.
johnnyarrow

Postby exalted » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Well fuck, thought Jenny, robbery's turned into a kidnapping and you're too hammered to do a thing except smile that shit eating grin.

Heaving her entire torso forward she tried to build enough momentum to push herself off the table and back to her feet.

"Nos nos, I's fine ta drive." She slurred, glaring at the Junkie who dared to waste good whiskey, "How cans youz even trust a trifling bitch who cannae handle the good stuff, huh?"
exalted

Postby johnnyarrow » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:48 pm

"Yeah talk shit all ya' want boss, I try not to get pissed when one of us has to be sober enough to get you home." Leo didn't break eye contact with the barkeep. "Which if you'd have done the profitable thing and ring checked our friend here, maybe we might've been able to come back to grab a drink, but since that DIDN'T happen, I have to lug your sorry ass to your car, drive that fuckin' unruly machine all the way to YOUR shit apartment, then WALK back to MY shit apartment in the dead of night with the damn Irish lookin' for us and the booze we DIDN'T deliver, call the damn Irish, try to get them to understand that the reason WHY we couldn't deliver their booze in time for their mass wake that their currently holding was because my driver who would rather rip my head off and flush bleach down my fuckin' neck than have me drive for a run got fucked up with this barkeep, who might be a decent enough person, that is currently, at the moment, FUCKING UP MY DAY!" Leo let the anger go as he stressed the last few words in his performance, putting all of himself into intimidating the barkeep. He uses his full height to tower over the man as best he can. He then makes a visible attempt to calm down breathing deeply and releasing. "Now move the FUCK out of the way so I can carry my drunk boss to her car. I am very tired and I just want to get this shit over with so I can wake up tomorrow and quit my job at the docks so I can keep a better eye on her."
johnnyarrow

Postby exalted » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:44 am

Jenny stared daggers at the man as she tried to stop herself from wobbling.

"The fuck you say about my car?" She questioned, hands clenching in punch drunk rage.

Kiddnappings, robberies, junkies and drunk or not, man should watch his words when talking about another's ride or be ready to prove it.
exalted

Postby Nobudi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:16 am

Cynthia grinned smugly and mussed the kid's hair, causing him to cry out and squirm as he attempted to escape. She chuckled softly as he watched him walk away, to attempt to enjoy himself now. She really had high hopes for him. He could go anywhere with his skill, so why not expand his imagination with good memories? As soon as he left, she decided to drop by the laundry room to ensure the cleaning was happening, as well as the staff break room to scope out the situation of the orphanage overall. It should give her some idea of what areas she needed to cover with her next payment from whoring.
Nobudi

Postby That_One_Guy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Jericho sat with the group and looked at them. "Alright, boys, Sullivan and his group decided to hit summerville. We're going to hit a bit closer to home. We're going to expand ourselves, recruit more people who can be trustworthy and of use, and we're going to show those other families and gangs that we are not to be trifled with." He said with a smirk. "I need you lot on my side, I need you lot to help me here with gaining more people into our family and grabbing businesses. Any questions?"
That_One_Guy

Postby lilbooth » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Jenny-Lee Pettimore and Leonardo “Vergogna” Cont Intimidation 1+Presence 3= 1 6 10+ 1 7 3 Successes vs. Barkeep Composure 2= 8 2 1 Success

Whether it was the booze or actual fear the barkeep couldn't even manage a squeak in response and slowly shifted away from Jenny. In a few moments, Jenny found herself hoisted on the shoulder of Leo as he marched his way out of the kitchen to the loading dock. The shimmering white-knight that was Leo found himself with the damsel in distress and her car, which was currently locked. The keys to the great beast of the muscle car were most likely tucked into Jenny's pockets, but they could honestly be anywhere at this point.

Jericho Kearney

"Yeah," One of the guys shouted out. "Where do we start? There aren't exactly lots of able bodied men ready to throw in with the mob. Unless we start drafting at the middle school or we try to snag people off the boat finding more numbers is going to be rough." He said with a dumbfounded grin on his face. "And what sort of businesses we hitting up? Standard protection tax or something else?" Asked another member of the crew.

Xiu Lan Chun

A brief tour around the orphanage let you in on several issues that the building had. The laundry room was small and hot, lacking proper ventilation and featuring only one small window. Currently, Shane was separating the laundry into three piles, colors, whites, and blacks. He seemed competent enough to complete that task alone. The break room was equally small and unfurnished. It had a small beaten up sofa and a staff only fridge. Half the room was currently used as office space for the all the paperwork needed to manage the orphanage. The kitchen of the orphanage was surprisingly well put together, most likely donated by some well off local chef. The dining room was too small for everyone so eating often times spilled over into the family room. Undoubtedly the largest room in the house, it was where everyone spent most of their time. There was a fireplace, which was actively used during the winter, several couches, a futon, a trunk full of board games, and an old tv. Everything was mismatched and worn out, well everything except the new art supplies that you had just brought in. There was a staff suite downstairs which looked more like a prison. Cheap steel beds with shoddy mattresses lived in the corner of the suite and a large bathroom with a standing shower was behind the only other door. Upstairs were the children's rooms. They were in various states of disrepair but nothing that endangered the lives of the kids. Most rooms had three beds, but occasionally an air mattress was added to a room during renovation and the such. The government does maintain the orphanage, but they only do an inspection once a year. So if something breaks one week after the inspection, it will be broken for the whole year. Right now, nothing was broken per say, mishappen and old but liveable.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby johnnyarrow » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:00 am

Leo patted the man on the shoulder and bent down to bride carry Jenny, making sure not to get too handsy. "Thanks pal." He kicked open the door, using only enough force to get it open. He walked over to the passenger side and looked at Jenny. "Alright, so would you mind tellin' me where the keys are. I know this don't sound about right comin' from me, but I did mean the whole "gettin' you home" thing back there. Barkeep had a look in his eye and I don't think a booze runner like you would go down with just a jar. Again, sorry for all this." Leo smiled sheepishly. Please don't be in her bra. Please don't be in her bra. Please don't be in her bra. All I need is for the funckin' universe to make me look like a damned rapist.
johnnyarrow

Postby exalted » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Ooc: Was always going to be the plan to be honest.

Jenny yelped as her fighting posture was unceremoniously ignored and she was hoisted up on the Junky's shoulder. Flailing with her arms and legs as she was carried off, she vainly tried to pummel him.

"Nuh-uh," she snapped as he asked for the keys, "Not gonna happen, no drives her but me."

To prove her point she quickly snatched the keys from her pocket and stuffed them down her top.

"Now what you gonna do, Bub?" She smirked.
exalted

Postby johnnyarrow » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:31 am

"Jesus fucking- alright lady you know what?" Leo sat her down next to the car, keeping her from falling completely. He made direct eye contact and spoke clearly and articulately. "I'm trying to help you ok? Which is why I'm going to get those damned keys. You understand me? I'm going to take you home to where ever the fuck you live, I'm gonna hand you off to your boyfriend, then I'm gonna give you back those keys and walk my ass home. Sound good?"
johnnyarrow

Postby Nobudi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:58 am

Cynthia couldn't help but feel nostalgia as she walked the halls. It was hard not to when you lived in the very halls most of your life. But, it concerned her to see things in such a beaten condition. It was livable, but not something one could call the best. But, then and again, the children weren't the only ones who needed the money. Perhaps an investment into the staff suite? It was fairly cramped in there, but at least since the death of the scumbag staff member, all the staff knew better than the violate the privacy without permission to each other. Besides, most of the staff was a passionate bunch who really did care. It was hard to be so when the stress from so many things built up. They deserved some better qualities of living after all.

With her mind made up, she decided to see the head, just to check in with her. Maybe see to putting some events into motion, like a field trip or such for the children, something to help relieve the staff for the meantime.
Nobudi

Postby exalted » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:03 am

Jenny stared blankly through her buzz at the man as he tried to be all highfalutin with his words and the like. Where did this Junkie get off, first talking shit about her place, then her car and now here he was harking on about her lack of a relationship. A man had to know his limitations

Leaning in close, she locked eyes with him and patted him on the cheek a few times.

"Go fuck a duck."

She stuck her tongue out.
exalted

Postby johnnyarrow » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:34 am

Leo's eye twitched. He stared for a second longer before jamming his hand down her shirt reaching for the keys. As soon as he found them, he twirled them neatly on a finger and hefted her onto his shoulder again. He unlocked the passenger side and strapped her in. He shut the door, making sure she wasn't hanging out of the car and got in on the driver side. Once at the wheel, he double checked to see if she was still ok, taking a couple drunken slaps if he needed to, then cautiously started driving to his apartment. "Alright sweetheart, since you want to be difficult, I'm taking you to my apartment. Try not to throw up on the floor. Please."
johnnyarrow

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay