Adventures in the land of Berra.

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Adventures in the land of Berra.

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Maxwell Brewer:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

"You do have a point..." Linda mumbles, taking on a thoughtful pose. "Although, I'ms certain our testimony would be enough to jail these scumbags. After all, we're-" Linda began before Sinx covered her mouth and gave her a stare. As he removed his hand Linda smiled apologetically at him. "Sorry. But just trust me that our word should be enough to handle it. But feel free to bring it if it makes you feel better. As for the nectar, you can keep it. That stuff is barely potent enough to even be called nectar. Once we get out of here I can show you the real stuff!" She says, looking almost proud.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Firehead » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Eliza listened to the others speaking and became curious. These fairies were obviously important if their word alone would provide adequate proof of these bandits wrong doing. She wondered a bit who they were, especially considering their need for secrecy. She decided to ignore it though. While she was curious, it was their own business, and she didn't feel like snooping. Well now with the fairies anyway. What she did feel like snooping through though were these boxes. Who knows how far out of town they were. A few extra supplies would be handy.
Firehead

Postby ZeroParadox » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:40 pm

"Very well. I'll trust your word. And these gems may prove valuable in our travels. Being a prisoner doesn't pay very, I'm afraid.", he'll say offhandedly. "Now, we should be on our way. I'm quite ready to leave this place. You and your friends are welcome to rest upon my shoulder to conserve energy. I'll be your mule for our journey out of here.", Maxwell will candidly offer.
ZeroParadox

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Eliza Sharpfang:

(Eliza's inspection roll: 5. 5+17=23 Success!)
While inspecting the boxes, trying to think of which one to open first, Eliza notices something standing out. A latch on the side of the biggest box, standing right up against the wall that seems like it's supposed to be hidden, only that it seems to be sticking out a little. Either it's a stupid way for keeping a box closed, or perhaps something else.

Maxwell Brewer:

"What? No, sorry dude but do you know how long ago I last got to fly? No way am sitting down when I can fly! I've been trapped in that jar for 3 days. Three entire days! So I am so going to use my wings until I drop. Got it?" She says, getting somewhat defensive at the end and all up in Maxwell's face before Ghenda pulls her back. "Gees, calm down a little girl. It's not like he threatened to pull your wings off." She says, making Linda look at her before her words seem to have gone through and she turned back towards Maxwell. "Sorry, I guess these three days here kinda got me on the edge." She admitted, scratching the back of her head.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Firehead » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Eliza smiles as she spots the latch. This was certainly meant to be hidden from the view of nosy people like herself, so whatever was there had to be good. With a smile on her face she carefully moved boxes out of her way before moving to pull on the latch.
Firehead

Postby ZeroParadox » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:00 am

"No apologies necessary, Linda. It's the curse of the healer, you might say. I'm just being overly cautious, is all, and didn't want you to exhaust yourself before we find proper sustenance for all of you.", Maxwell will say kindly, "I quite look forward to seeing you fly about freely. Those lovely wings must look beautiful in the sunlight."
ZeroParadox

Postby Zankio » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Auri shakes her head slightly, "We haven't run into any of the captors yet, only a familiar of theirs, or at least a hired hand of sorts. A pesky cat of sorts, though it got away I'm sure it wont return to bother us again, it didn't take its defeat particularly well." Auri says with a slight smugness in her voice. She idly wondered why the witch cat hadn't alerted whomever assigned to to guard the cells, assuming it decided cut ties with this place and fled on its own did little to calm her nerves.
Zankio

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:24 pm

Vella nodded, keeping a wary eye down the corridor, spying out all the places she would chose to sneak through to get here in particular, not wanting anything else to get them by surprise. She still remembered that cat with a sense of dread... the thing had literally incapacitated her with one word. Damn magic. "Well, that only raises more questions than answers..." she murmurs, still keeping her eyes open "That doesn't seem like the normal security for keeping slaves in check. You'd think they'd have something else going on if this was how they were guarding this place... I don't suppose you or anyone in your group has found anything that might explain this?"
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:26 pm

Eliza Sharpfang:

Eliza manages to move the boxes blocking her way with ease. Apparently most boxes leading to the hidden latch were empty and therefore easy to move, as if they were there only to further hide the secret latch. As she pulls the latch, the whole side of the box seems to follow, opening up to reveal a hidden alcove inside the wall behind the box. Inside the small alcove is a sturdy leaver.

Maxwell Brewer:

"Of course. But they're for speed, not style. I'm the fastest Fairy around these parts," Linda boasts before her wings begin flapping up a storm, sounding a lot like turning pages in a book. "Check this out!" She exclaims before zipping around the room at great speeds.

Trying to keep up with the fairy's movements, Maxewell notices Eliza's discovery as well.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby ZeroParadox » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:25 am

Watching the fairy dart around with a look of bemusement on his face Maxwell will comment, "Most impressive. You must be the envy of many with moves like that."

Upon noticing Eliza's discovery he'll ask, "Oh, what have you found there?"
ZeroParadox

Postby Firehead » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:48 am

Eliza looked in satisfaction at having found the secret hiding spot. She wondered what the lever was for. It would probably open the door out since she hadn't quite seen an exit yet. Before she could turn to tell everyone what she'd found, Maxwell called out to her having apparently seen where she was digging around. "Someone felt the need to hide this lever here. Everyone get ready just in case." With that she took hold of the lever and gave it a good yank.
Firehead

Postby Randomizer4 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Aelius notices the discovery and takes a closer look, before realising his companion was not that patience. ''Perhaps it is an alarm system?'' he suggests
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Previous

Return to Roleplay