Rebirth of the Blood

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Rebirth of the Blood

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:10 am

After finally leading the rest of the hunters back to meet the old hunter, Marayi began to have a better look and assessment of the rest of the hunters. Examining each of them behind her mask. Such a thing had always helped to keep an air of composure and secrecy about her. A mask can hide emotions and impose fear unto others... as was her lot in this life. Examining the other hunter who first arrived with her, Julia. From what she could examine the woman wore the common hunter's attire and had been armed with the hunter's axe with a pistol. The weapons seemed to point to a physical build further examination needed to assess whether or not she has any capabilities with spells.... The next hunter was the veteran Randolph.... he was obviously the most experienced out of all the hunters here and that made him her top priority to kill the moment he turns. His weapon pointed to one of skill even as broadsword the attachments seemed to say it became something either more grim or elegant in design. The fact he carried a pistol backed up this claim. However maybe she could find some other means to out do him in. Her natural affinity for the Arcane may help her as he would not likely prepare for such an onslaught. For now though she would not be ready to hunt this prey until she had become his predator. Next was the girl who introduced herself as Sylvia. One of the two well endowed of the hunters here she peered at her weapon and posture. While she did carry an uncommon hunter's weapon the owl wasn't unfamiliar with the design and purpose. However her posture and stance gave away too much about herself as she seemed have been one of the more cautious ones with their encounter with Randolph. Her wariness wasn't unusual, but her unfamiliarity to the beast scourge was made evident from the paranoia of a hunter who had shown little of the tell tale signs of giving into bloodlust. The posture she held was one that was taught as she seems to shift from that posture to something more comfortable. Killing her would be easy... even with her variety in ranged attacks the girl had no means to counter her arcane abilities. Then there was the Behemoth Jurgan, His abilities had obviously been within his physical capabilities. His weapons easily reflected this, but the lack luster of ranged fighting would make him easy picking from distance combat. The knuckle breakers had some distance in their altered form though so better to keep the combat at a distance otherwise he was another easy target. Then finally the one with the biggest chest... honestly the owl was still trying to figure out how she remained able to keep up with the physical demands of a hunter's life... oh well this girl's posture spoke to that of a noble upbringing and the weapon she carried back this up. A rapier is not quite a standard weapon within the hunter's arsenal especially one that highly decorated. Speed would be an issue against her, but her form and figure was delicate a few good hits can take her down when she's not careful. As for the other hunters they may have left behind she wou-

Suddenly forced back into reality as she realized the old hunter was finally speaking to her. Only now noticing that he had placed his hands on her mask she kept silent as as his hands slid across her mask. Preferring to keep her mask on than show it to the others. Seeing how gentle he was with her and sensing concern in his voice reminded her of her old mentor. Having a better look at him than before she saw how charming he was and would had seemed flustered red if it wasn't for her mask concealing her face. Even as he patted her on the head it felt.... nice... it has been too long since she felt someone make contact with her in such a manner. After regaining herself she took note of the destination she would have to reach. Her mind however trailed off as other hunters went off to do whatever they intended to do. As days of reading and understanding the knowledge of old that her mentor was keen on her learning. Walking up to the old hunter she speaks again. "I am a hunter of hunters... as you have discerned and as such I am prepared to dispatch my fellow hunters when the time comes. As for the title... it is more from my native tongue... What your people would call an owl... the bird was one of knowledge and a keen as a predator who stalked the night. If it's not to forward of me to say this.... but you remind me of a dear old mentor that has long passed away. I... I normally don't approve of such physical interactions but.... it felt nice... so I'll allow it for the time being." In a moment of weakness she allowed herself to open up to the old hunter. The hunt would begin soon so she would rush to the kill those that stood in her way once the old hunter had finished speaking with her.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Reaver » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Jurgen
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

{1 Insight gained}
Your staring hadn't gone unnoticed. While it was possible that Keeper had somehow been aware of it, either during his speech or afterwards when his eyes were closed and hewas drifting off to sleep, he seemed to not care or actually hadn't seen it. However, somehow you knew that the Mistress had definitely seen or felt your eyes on her. In what felt like an eternity, her head turned in your direction then gave you a nod followed by a small smile. The simple gesture of acknowledgment was enough to stir her luxurious hair into action, causing it to flow around move as if it dancing in a breeze. "Be safe my silent and strong hunter. You need not possess the skills of the others to survive the arduous night, just my favor." Then moment was gone and over and she was back to looking off into nowhere, but you had heard the words although you couldn't exactly remember when and how she had said them to you.

Afterwards from your spot near the tombstone you could see her looking out far into the fog of the dream from behind Keeper's chair. She didn't seem to be paying attention to you in particular or any hunters at all but you knew you had heard her voice, that gentle and soft voice, akin more to the wind blowing over a field than anything a human could produce. Perhaps it had all been imagined, auditory hallucinations from traveling for so long so hard, but you had definitely heard it.

Marayi

Keeper and Mistress's attention seemed to be devoted completely to you as you walked up and woke him up. His orange eyes focused on you and he smiled as he listened to your words. After you were done he sat in silence for a few seconds. The Mistress seemed strangely neutral although she had been that since you arrived this time she seemed to deliberately keeping herself aloof from this conversation, looking towards the fog instead of at you. "Well young owl..." Standing up to place a hand on your shoulder. "I do not shun affection, not here, not ever. The Mistress may take care of most of my needs but I see and have seen the same things day after day for at least centuries. As a hunter of hunter you must never throw away your emotions, especially love and fear, for those are the two that will always prevent you from becoming a beast." His eyes looking through the holes in the mask into your own. "In my own country we were the Ravens, in yours the Owls, in others the Crows. As long as we are birds and are able to fly above all the chaos and judge others then the purpose is met." Slowly and carefully Keeper moved a strand of hair that was dangling in front of the mask, back and behind her ear before smiling at her.

The Mistress began humming another tune and Keeper's hands froze where they were, one hand gently palming her cheek and ear and the other on her shoulder. Their bodies were closer than where they had started when he stood. "But you have a duty to do and I have sleep to catch up on. Visit me once in a while without having to die and we'll talk again, fair owl." Patting her on the head before sitting back into his chair.
He was asleep within seconds, a soft snoring coming from him, once again with one hand firmly placed on the handle of his unknown weapon.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Icaelus » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 pm

What does one see, when awakening from the dark of a dream? Light. You see naught but light..

She awoke in the bed of white flowers, her sense of touch first to return to alert her to the fact that she was well and indeed, alive. The Huntress sat up, relinquishing the actually rather comfortable bed of crushed flowers. Well, she thought it was comfortable, but sleeping on flattened plant matter was much, much better than leaning against whatever sturdy-looking boulder her auto-zombie self had deigned to rest against that week.
Her long, white eyelashes fluttered open to reveal a pair of striking crimson eyes. She threw out her arms over her head in an experimental stretch. Yep, everything was A-OK. Even the Kynareth Repeater was fine. Whatever had brought them here, it was certainly a thousand times more considerate than the damn letter that had made her walk the march of the living dead to Ryunia.
"..Would've been nice if they'd just let me read the letter from the start.."
A muttered complaint escaped her lips as she pushed herself off her butt, picking up the rifle at her side as she did so. A cursory glance around didn't tell her much. The field of the snow white flowers stretched further than the eye could see and beyond that, it was darkened by a gray fog that blocked all vision. Still, it was possible to make out several incredibly long pillars that reached out far into the sky, past where the human eye could discern. What was their purpose? She had no idea..
Anyway, it was time to get down to business. Whatever had brought them here, it was going to be powerful. Having a spell that could control her like that, along with that teleportation spell or whatever it was? That was some serious magic right now. She doubted most of the Hunters specializing in the Arcane arts would even know what had happened right there..
She stood there in the field of flowers, letting the atmosphere of the place itself wash over her as she took in a deep breath. She actually had a pretty good idea of what this place was. Tales about this place were actually rather common, famous among the Hunters. Graham had regaled her with a tale or two in the peaceful days they had shared.
The Hunter's Dream..was it? If this was it..then there would be no need to raise arms against the Keeper, the being that stood watch over the Dream. Not that it would do any good against such a powerful being, of course. She did still value her life more than anything else, after all.

Her attention was turned to a small figure striding steadily through the field of flowers. Ah, the owl-masked girl. Seemed like she had an idea of what was going on..or perhaps she'd even already met the Keeper itself? Either way, it was clear that she was here to greet them. With her suggestion of not trying to kill the Keeper before they'd spoken to it, the Huntress introduced herself as Mayari. A Strix..? A Hunter of Hunters, she meant.
Which also meant that if she ever fell to the Beast scourge..this little one here would be the one to end it all for her. A morbid thought.
Shaking away that very thought, Sylvia remained uncharacteristically silent, simply following Mayari back to where she led them. Treading a path through the sea of white flowers, the quartet soon arrived at their destination; a large, seemingly normal-looking house in the midst of the sea of white. Before the building sat the Keeper, along with a woman, clad entirely in the radiance of a brilliant, pure white. Everything, literally everything was white with that woman. From every singular strand of hair on her head to the smooth, pristine skin of her body.
Syl considered herself decent-looking, but the woman's sheer elegance blew her away. Even that blindfold which covered her eyes..she had a feeling that if removed, it would only reveal a pair of brilliant whites. Tearing her attention away from the woman, she focused on the Keeper, a seemingly normal human male. Tales of the Keeper had let her imagine that they could be anything from fellow Hunters to even the most savage of Beasts.
Let's just say she was really glad that it was the former for their case. Being at least able to breach the barrier of communication solved many problems. Her crimson eyes narrowed, focusing upon Keeper's image.
He was certainly a rough-looking individual, with his long, rather unkempt black hair and beard..but handsome, definitely. Handsome with quite a roguish charm. But what couldn't leave her mind was that gaze of his. Those piercing orange eyes that stared through her soul for miles. It felt like as if with just one look, he would know every single little thing about you. There would be no hiding of secrets from this man, this seemed certain at the time..

She suppressed a shiver, but was unable to prevent the chill that crawled down her spine as the Keeper rose from his seat, striding purposefully towards them with a big grin on that roguish face. He counted their numbers with much cheer, although once he had clapped eyes on the Hunter Randolph, things certainly took a weird turn.
Beetroot..BEETROOT?!
Syl shot a quick glance at Randolph, suppressing laughter but still ultimately failing to conceal a trembling smile as Keeper laid his very obviously embarrassing nickname out for all to hear. Who even gets nicknamed after a root vegetable..? That was probably an achievement of sorts!
Her internal laughter died in favor of seriousness as the Keeper spoke of Randolph's wife..it certainly seemed like she had entered this very Dream before..and had woken from it. And hopefully they would, too. There was no point in staying in a dream, even in one as pleasant as this.
A gentle humming from the woman in white caused the Keeper to wince sharply. Syl frowned at this action. Could the woman not speak? And it was like..she could communicate with the Keeper just through that hum? Curious.
As she was pondering this fact, the Keeper walked up close enough to touch her. Her breath catching in her throat, she nearly forgot to breathe for a moment as the man spoke, firstly introducing himself as Keeper..the keeper. Yeah. Guess names weren't too important for him. Sure. Keeper's cool. Sounds good.
The second phase of his speech answered an age-old question; whether if any Hunter had ever achieved immortality. One had, and he was standing right before their very eyes.
Syl finally remembered to breathe at this point, taking in a lungful of air with an audible gasp. She frantically waved away the Keeper's cursory glance at the source of the noise, a little red-faced from embarrassment. But mostly it was that she couldn't stand being looked at by those burning orange eyes..
Keeper would finally go on to explain that this was indeed the infamous Hunter's Dream, something that she'd already guessed at. Nice to know she was right. But the topic of Mistress was an interesting one. These..Blood Echoes? Harnessing them? It was a topic unfamiliar to her, despite having studied much of the Hunter's ways under Graham's tutelage. But then again, Graham had never entered the Dream..or had he? It had been said that there hadn't been enough left of the man to bury, much less an actual corpse..but what if he had entered the Dream? He could..still be alive, couldn't he?
It was a foolish hope and Sylvia knew it, but..one could Dream.

When she had finally broken away from her thoughts, the Keeper was just moving away, his hand resting gently upon Mayari's head. She couldn't explain why, but somehow..that small action invoked a little shard of jealousy deep within Syl's thoughts.
Shaking that persistent niggling away, Sylvia took a moment to compose herself. This definitely wasn't normal for her. Just..what the heck? Was she actually attracted to this guy? This was hardly the place or time for crap like this..
"Get it together, girl. Don't muck around."
She grumbled to herself as Keeper continued his explanation, along with laying out a plan of action on where they should start taking back the city from. The militia armory did seem a good place, for sure. It would be a secure location to defend, alongside a place where they would be able to replenish their quicksilver bullets and whatever else they could need. Truly a wise choice for their first conquest.
With that being said, the Keeper returned to his chair, dismissing them to their own actions. Stay if you had something to inquire, or leave for the waking world to take action..

Stay she would. She watched on, staying a respectable distance away from the Keeper and Mayari as they conversed. It wasn't polite to eavesdrop..and first impressions counted, didn't they? For what she was going to ask of the Keeper, that would be of a tantamount importance.
Alicia passed by her, headed for the tombstone that would lead to the waking world. A rather leery, amused grin was plastered to her face. It spoke volumes and had an immediate effect on Syl.
"I-It's not a competition, damn it!"
Her cry broke the tranquil silence of the dream, leaving her feeling rather guilty alone as Alicia trailed off to the rest of the Hunters gathered around the tombstone.
Blazes. That was embarrassing. And no bloody doubt they all heard her, Keeper and Mistress included. Why did this place have to be so damn silent? Oh, hell.
Her internal mumble was soon cut off as the Keeper finished with Mayari, patting her once again on the head before seating himself back into his chair. And once again, that small action sparked that small shard of jealousy within her..
Biting down against that annoying feeling, Sylvia calmly walked up to the Keeper, nodding her acknowledgement to Mistress before returning her attention to the dozing Keeper. Uh..was he asleep already? Really?
"Um..Sir Keeper? Apologies for waking you up again."
Syl began with an apology to the man. Well..it seemed appropriate? She did hate being woken up when she had just gone to sleep. Keeper probably shared that same feeling. She eyed his hand, grasping the handle of his buried weapon firmly even in his sleep. Hopefully he didn't see the need to dispatch the tormentor of his dreams?
She gulped nervously before beginning to speak again.
"I would be honored if one as experienced as you could..instruct me in the ways of Blood Wielding? It would be a massive help to our endeavor to retake Ryunia and to end the Night, sir."
Syl spoke as politely as she could, trying to remember what Graham had taught before. She was sure that the Keeper knew a few good tricks..after all, while it was said that you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks..it was probably because they already knew all the best ones.

"Please, Keeper?"
Syl bent, offering a small bow to show her sincerity. It definitely helped that the Keeper's burning eyes were closed..that dizzying gaze of his did things to her, jeez. She straightened up, folding her arms in wait of his reply.
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby lilbooth » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:07 am

The mistress' gaze was both painfully cold and calmingly warm. It felt as if icy hooks had been embedded into his flesh, and as each moment passed they reeled him closer to her. His resolve kept his feet planted but his upper body slowly swayed towards her. Her voice only doubled the effects, his body felt frozen, but the air drafting from her body felt like a hearth. Then, after she finished speaking and her gaze passed Jurgen, her warmth passed into him. The icy hooks left his flesh, the frosted air sank to the floor, and his legs carried him away. He appreciated her confidence and blessing, though he did not dare to reengage in conversation, for he felt it may not be possible for him to pull away.

Jurgen cuasually readjusted himself near the stone. and firmly placed on of his hand upon it. The mistress' blessing was enough to bolster him to action. He looked back at the other hunter seated near the stone and extended his spare hand. "Care to join me, lady Alicia?" He questioned simply, already thinking of the square.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Reaver » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:29 am

Sylvia

{1 Insight gained}
The Mistress had been watching you since you had your little outburst in the dream. It wasn't hard to see that she didn't approve, as her facial expression was a clear frown and her fingers were digging slightly into Keeper's chair. Her entire body was deathly still as you approached her and Keeper, her chest not even moving to breathe. Thanks to your excellent sight you could see her lips moving rapidly but not making any noise. Whether she was chanting, casting a spell or just muttering how annoying it was to have someone interrupting the reverie of the dream, remained unknown.

Keeper on the other hand was already awake before you even came to his side, one of his eyes opening slightly to peek at you before shutting back to let you attempt to 'wake' him. When you did officially wake him, he let out a sigh before his eyes drifted over your entire form and weapons, taking all of you in. This time he didn't bother standing, just sitting up straight with his orange eyes burrowing into your own as he listened to your request. He definitely seemed more tired for some reason, even drifting off halfway through your next sentence before perking up at the mention of Bloodwielding. Mistress seemed even more agitated than before, humming a deep tune while staring directly at you. What ever it meant made Keeper wince in pain before everyone fell into silence for a few seconds.

"Well...." Keeper began, shifting a bit in his chair and even removing his hand from his weapon to stroke his beard. "To be blunt, I don't want an apprentice-Not because I don't think you aren't up to it!" Clarifying to avoid offending you. "But because the techniques I know are old, so very old, back when we were still discovering Bloodwielding. My moves are blunt, imperfect and very very dangerous to the uninitiated." His words seemed to wipe the frown from Mistress, assumedly putting her in a better mood if she did experience moods. "However. I know you aren't uninitiated...." A grin slowly appearing on his face. "I've watched you for a while now, Sylvia Dremori. You need good eyes to wield a repeater well." Gesturing towards you gun before standing up rather quickly. His apricot eyes were wild now as he seemed to have been reinvigorated somehow and he grabbed you by the left wrist and forced you to hold it up for inspection. "Absolutely lovely skin... Free of scars and blemishes. A 'blessed' body too..." Glancing at your chest for a split second before running his fingers down your wrist and up your arm before stopping at your shoulder then going back to your wrist to feel your pulse. "Strong blood too." His voice low, almost a growl as his eyes seemed to become brighter. They were completely focused on your own eyes, taking up your entire focus as he continued to feel your heartbeat with one hand on your wrist and one gently on your neck. When had one of his hands gotten to your neck? His fingers were warm and rough yet you didn't feel worried about your vulnerability for some reason as you bared your neck to him and allowed him to freely touch it.

His eyes consumed your entire vision and thoughts, two giant orange suns, spheres of knowledge, energy and power. "Your blood is active. Your blood is your life. By your will you can mold it and give it shape. It can become many things but what I learned was not to limit it to physical shapes but rather effects. I've knew a man who could set areas ablaze with his blood and a women who could freeze creatures by dropping their blood temperatures to nothing. I don't know what your mind can handle so I will teach you something not as grandiose. This technique is a two-fold one. It will work quite well against Hunters and other creatures infused with Old Blood and averagely against beasts as beast-blood is a cry away from Old Blood. Humans.... Might resist it though but you shouldn't be using it on them anyways or Marayi, my lovely bird might come after you- anyways.. I never gave it a name but this skill will allow you to push and pull creatures depending on their quality of blood. It might be useful to pull a particular monster just into your reach to kill it or to push another one away to avoid being slashed. Now we are done." His voice echoing through your ears and into your mind.

~Two men and a woman back-to-back. One wearing feathered garb, one in armor made out of bones and the woman wearing full plate armor. A single fire in front of them was the only light around as they fought off a swarms of beasts with just their weapons and bloodwielding. They relished moments like this, when they could indulge in their strength and their bond to beat back the night. The man wearing bones started laughing in joy and soon all three of them were as they killed hundreds of beasts together. Only their trust in each other and their skills allowed them to survive that particular night.

You woke with your head in someone's lap with your cheek and the person's pants wet with drool. "You passed out for a few seconds so I let you rest your head somewhere since Mistress does not want you crushing anymore flowers than you did coming here." Running his hands slowly through your hair in an attempt to soothe you. "Transferring Blood Knowledge isn't always easy if it doesn't come from within. Stretch a few times before Bloodwielding and you shouldn't have any problems tapping into what I've taught you." Keeper said from above, looking rather amused at the wet spot now on his thigh and the strands of hair clinging to the side of your cheek. "You should probably get going. I definitely need to take a nap now." His posture already relaxing back into his chair as his deep orange eyes began to close in sleep. This time his hand didn't reach for his weapon. That was corrected a few seconds later by Mistress shuffling over to his side, kneeling then gently wrapping his hand around the handle before remaining at his side, looking up at his sleeping form. She was humming again, this tune made your heart beat faster and your face flush with color. It made you anxious to move, to leave, to run.

New Bloodwielding technique learned. Name it. Own it.
Last edited by Reaver on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby cliffracer » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:31 am

Alicia looks over Jurgen with a raised eyebrow as he offers his hand. She had seen him before the transportation to the Dream as well, but other matters prevented her from a proper look. She wasn't taken aback by his appearance, it seemed more like she remembered something sad for the whisper of a moment. Her look of recollection snaps in to a polite smile, and she takes his hand for assistance in standing. "Gladly. A short sit was all I needed." Now on her feet, she puts her hand on the gravestone as well, refocusing on images of the square.

Alicia had to affirm to herself though that none of her past life should have followed her here. Jurgen's large and unseeming form reminded her of the miners from back home. The silver mines weren't the safest places to be, and many of the people that toiled there may as well have been reminiscent of the massive hunter's tortured form, though certainly not at the same level. His appearance instilled the same sort of pity she took upon the laborers, which in turn led to her disowning...

Bah. That all is weeks away now...
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby FragranceofMtDew » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:44 am

Julia had never been quite as witty as the rest of her siblings, and so she had little patience for this Keeper's cryptic words. Blood echoes and beetroots and whatnot meant nothing to her, but the mention of immortality certainly did. This Keeper was immortal, proving that the king did indeed grant his secret to others! Now she finally had her goal in sight and a means to obtain it. If the Keeper and his Mistress wanted this armory retaken, then Julia would make it so without fail.

She turned to hurry down the hill and begin her work, but a thought stopped her suddenly. Her brother had played this trick on her quite often by vaguely hinting at giving her something in return for a favor, only to claim he had never made any such promise. It had been infuriating back then, but here it would be disastrous to risk so much and still not bring her family the prize they so desired. Her father's scolding would be hard enough to endure, but the mere thought of the look of disappointment in her mother's eyes was too much.

Once those who remained had questioned Keeper, Julia stepped forward in hopes of getting clarification before he drifted back off to sleep. "Hold, a moment please. Before I go, I must know. If I retake this armory, if I participate in this Hunt, I will be given the secret to the King's immortality, yes? I confess that I do enjoy a good hunt, but there is far more at stake then my personal enjoyment..." She questioned, the grip on her weapon tightening as she awaits Keeper's response, disregarding the Mistress's apparent disapproval of the action from earlier.
FragranceofMtDew

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 am

So, this is the Hunter's Dream that Willow had told Randolph about. The veteran Hunter takes in a deep breath as he observes the landscape, foggy and mostly featureless as it may be. Indeed, the only truly defining sights of the place were those grave-like pillars, and the man and woman presiding in the middle of it all. That man must be the "Keeper" Willow mentioned, who wasted no time introducing himself and his...err, "Mistress." Of all the nicknames he could have picked for her, he just had to choose the one that could cast all sorts of unfortunate implications on-

...Wait a second..."Beetroot?" Okay, Randolph stands corrected. That is the worst choice of nicknames he's heard today. "Ugh...it's 'Behrut,' Sir Keeper. B-E-H-R-U-T. There's no need to mock my surname." Randolph's concerns on that topic are quickly banished from his mind, however, when Keeper starts talking about Willow, and inquiring on what happened to her after she left the Dream. With a far more somber tone, he replies: "...I'd...rather not discuss that right now..." That particular subject is a bit of a touchy one for the Hunter, and while he will have to tell Keeper why sooner or later, he'd prefer to choose "later."

Besides, there are far more important matters at hand, which Keeper wastes no time in briefing the others on. The armory back in town would certainly make a reasonable forward operating base for their team, what with its abundance of weaponry, and its already decently-fortified position. Many treat the Beast plague as a rampant disease borne straight from the pages of some undead horror novel, but the process of dealing with it is far more akin to a war, especially from Randolph's perspective. He does his best to maintain a clear and calculative state of mind when in the field, but deep down, he has plenty of personal motivations for intimately introducing each and every one of those mutated...things to his blade.

For the time being, the others appear to be split on what they want to do. Some wish to inquire about the "Blood Echoes" that Keeper mentioned, while others wish to jump right back into the fray. Randolph himself can sympathize somewhat with both sides of the coin, reminding him of the curiosity and eagerness of his own youth, respectively. Things were simpler back then, when he could still fantasize about the depth of Arcane knowledge and the life of a romanticized hero among Hunters, before the cold grip of reality snatched him up and sent away his youthful innocence. Now he must see the many grey areas and blurred lines of the world for what they are, even as he beats back the Beasts to preserve what little purity remains.

For now, Randolph simply waits, seated casually upon the ground until everyone's ready to return to the waking world. He does keep an eye on those near Keeper, though, especially Julia. She's seeming particularly inquisitive and tense regarding the whole "immortality" thing, and while the veteran Hunter doubts Keeper would need much in the way of combat support, he can't help but be put a bit on-edge with how she's gripping her weapon, especially considering who she's asking the questions to...
Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby lilbooth » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Jurgen left his hand carefully unclenched while assisting his fellow hunter. He had ruined many a relationship with an over enthusiastic grip. He did see a touch of sorrow in her eyes, and expression that he had observed nearly every day. Sorrow and disgust. Though lady Alicia seemed to lack the latter, or she was proficient in concealing it. Either way, he appreciated the sentiment. In the dream, they were all equals, and even a fool wouldn't deny aid from a fellow hunter. In the waking world, he could be easily ignored, or accidentally misheard. And though it hurt him to leave he knew his life would be no better, forever in a dream. Confident that he would not be alone once he returned to the square, Jurgen held firm to the stone and tightly closed his eyes. His mind was far from focused and searching for an image of the square was no small task though with the mistress' blessing he eventually pieced together his destination and woke from the dream.

The journey was harsh and fast, the pleasantries of the dream vanished and the cool night swallowed him up. It took him a few moments to get his bearings and when he finally did, he realized he had grasped tightly to his fellow hunter's hand. He immediately released and took one long stride away from Alicia, quickly hiding his hands in his many bags and pouches. Recovering his confidence, he pulled a red-stained cloth from his one of his pouches, quickly tying it around his head as glared around the square. "Any idea where the armory is?" He questioned in his low grumbly voice, as he readied his knuckle breakers and lowered his stance.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:25 pm

The Owl had listen to the old Raven's words as her closed heart had ever opened just slightly. Another hunter of hunters... that's who this keeper was. His words on fear and love... were true enough to hold onto, however her heart held onto those feelings. It just made it easier to endure pain and emotions when those around you didn't see you in weakness. However it did make it harder to retain confidence... to stay hopeful. To share that burden would had been.... a great relief that she hasn't felt in so long. Having his eyes peered past her mask and into her eyes she held her breath "Affection... Love and fear are not foreign to me." As the Old Raven moved his hand to her mask again shifting her hair out of the way she exhaled not realizing just how nervous the hunter had made her. The owl felt comfortable pressing her cheek against his hand as she got comfortable. To stay lost in such a dream it would be welcomed as she held onto his hands. It felt so natural to hold onto him in such a way. Until in the moment finally ended with the humming songs of the mistress. She wished the moment could had lasted much longer than this... however the hunt hadn't even started yet and her goal would push her into the bloodbath of bodies and beast.

Pulling herself away she says "I will return again... I had closed my heart from others, but I will open it once again... Until I return old Raven." She bowed in respect and walked off taking notice of Sylvia. She seemed much more tense as the woman went to talk to the keeper. Taking a moment to watch it seemed that the keeper was a lot more physical and less gentle... whatever they had been discussing was none of her business. Whether she found out or not it wouldn't matter if she had to gut the girl. If any of the hunters here she wouldn't have to worry about its the keeper. The owl was curious however as to the reason to her screaming out earlier... she had ignored it when she was being comfortable with the keeper. Soon to see the other woman Julia inquire her own questions. Thinking on it now she started to realized the keeper would have to make time for all of the visiting hunters... there may not even be time for future interactions outside of becoming stronger than before. It was then she saw Randolph making his way to wait for the rest of the hunters.

Approaching him she stares at him from behind her mask for a short bit before saying. "It may be best for you to lead the charge... two of the hunters, Jergan and the supposed 'lady'. Seem to be getting ahead of us.... It would be best if we acted now to attain a foothold within the kingdom. Personally I'd like to see how you fight... the more familiar I am with you the better chance I have to kill you should you turn. It only seems natural with how dangerous you are compared to the rest of the hunters." Whether or not he followed with her didn't matter either

It was then she turned her attention to the big brute and the 'lady' bimbo. Walking inbetween them to place her hand on the means of their exit. As she looked between the two. "It would be best if you two took this job seriously... especially you 'lady' Alicia. Otherwise I will have to gut you both should any of you turn." She said without holding her words back. If these two even goof of while in the hunt or turn their blades to the innocent she will have to gut them. Whether or not they have given into the bloodlust.She sighed holding onto the grave stone waiting to be returned to the square. Hearing the words of the big brute she spoke before the 'lady' could. "It won't be hard to spot. I doubt the 'lady' would pay attention to such things as architecture. You'll be wanting to look for a building with some natural defenses formed built into it. Biggest thing that should give it away are some defenders canons probably to help enforcing the defense of the outer layers should the first wall have fallen to its enemies." This sort of kingdom had a layered defense and their destination was likely at the or at least close to the second wall.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Reaver » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:34 am

Julia and Everyone still in the Hunters' Dream

The Mistress paid no attention to you as you closed the distance to ask your questions, still kneeling next to him, but Keeper woke before you even had the chance to wake him. This time he eyes stayed closed throughout the questioning but the rhythmic tapping of his fingers against his weapon's handle let you know that he was indeed still awake to hear what you was saying. "And if I say no?" His voice unusually cold as he tilted his hat downwards to hide his eyes and expression. "At the end, if I refuse to give you the means of the King's immortality, will you try to take it from me? Maybe my life as well for your trouble?" Standing up to look at you eye-to-eye. His eyes were a deep red now, his irises almost impossible to see in the sea of red. The Mistress had already retreated to being behind his chair, staring through you and at you as Keeper confronted you. "You will be given immortality if and when your king believes you have earned it. Do not presume anything from me because I will be the only thing preventing you from dying for good on this night of the Hunt. This dream!" Now yelling for everyone to hear. "Will be the only thing that sustains you! Many die before even being called to the dream, many do not make it as far as you have! Now leave! I tire of all these questions and requests! You all have a Hunt to start and I will not tolerate slackers within this dream! Begone or I will forcibly eject you from this dream!" Wisps of blood appearing and circling around his hands as he glared at Julia. "Next time approach me with more respect and not with one hand on your weapon. I have suffered far too much and been alive for too long to be forced to listen to the threats of others" He growled at you as the blood grew thicker and began covering his forearms.

Jurgen, Marayi, Alicia

The trip back to Ryunia felt instantaneous as it deposited you all in front of the great tree in the courtyard by the gates. It was hard to tell exactly how much time had passed while you all had been in the dream but everything seemed to be the same except that the giant gates were now closed. "You guys must be idiots for not closing the gates behind you. It's like you want the plague or whatever the scourge is to spread!" A voice called out from the tree. Or actually behind the tree as a hand stuck out to let everyone know that the tree was indeed not berating you. A face quickly followed then an entire body. As the man emerged, he kept his hands up along with his smirk that had probably been there since he started talking, letting you all know he wasn't looking to fight. He looked young, eighteen at most and had a blunderbuss and a straight sword dangling from his harnesses. His clothes opulent to say the least. A huge fur hat with matching attire fit for a noble and even a shoulder cape to boot. He didn't look like a hunter at all, more like a misplaced noble's son but he still had an emblem of the Hunters' Corps attached to his chest, marking him as, indeed a Hunter. "Hunter 4251. Ward of Ryunia, Astral province." Upon seeing everyone's clueless faces he sighed and put his hands down. "Its a part of Ryunia's empire, far to the east. Used to be a penal colony until Ryunia rolled in and took control. If you never learned to count or just don't like numbers you can call me Royal since I'll either be one in your asses, all the beasts' asses or just because I'm the best dressed here, which usually made one the boss in Astral if they also had the best weapon."

His amused look never left his face as he looked over all of you, his eyes lingering on Alicia's chest for more than a few seconds before almost completely skipping over Marayi and Jurgen in disinterest. "So are we doing names, or what? Or is it customary for Ryunian Hunters not give names, because you guys wouldn't be the first and no one sent me a messenger to let me know. Or are you all just in such a rush to get to this armory that you don't have time?" Making it clear that he had overheard the short conversation concerning it. "Because I can bet that I know the way there a lot better than you fine folk."
Royal.jpg
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:39 am

Looking back to the keeper as her attention was caught by a sudden yell. Only to blink and find herself back in the courtyard. Curious... She had studied the arcane and on occasion read a few things discussing the hunters dream but nothing was ever absolutely defined about it. No way it can be replicated but in the rare instance as something known as the hunter's nightmare. Maybe the keeper can satisfy her curiosity on her return.

Hearing the voice she turned unphased. As how the others reacted would not affect her decisions. Her arcane ability had killed those that easily underestimated her many times. "Honestly it had very little to do with me. I ended up in a dream without realizing it before anyone else... Everyone else was quick to follow without much consideration of what they left behind. Considering I'm one of the first out it was my concern to close the gates... Something I will be thanking you for later by my own means." When she first saw the gate closed she had assumed the other hunters did so... Finding out they hadn't gave her a headache. It would soon seem that the great hunters she would have to kill would occur sooner than she thought if they are just as stupid as the action of the closed gate has shown. Taking a better examination of the man who calls himself royal she takes notice his cloths don't match those of a hunter, but neither does her clothing. He was well equiped to be a hunter that's for certain. However he never was apart of the dream as far as they know. Cautious enough to approach other hunters warily. Killing him would require more information but for now using Alicia as a distraction would probably be for the best. The idiot kept glancing at her chest it became easily evident which one of the three he was speaking to.

"Allow me to introduce ourselves. This 'tiny' man is Jergan. As for the 'lady' your eyes seem to have a fondness of is Alicia. As for me, I am a Hunter of hunters, Mayari, the Strix of Pa'tel. I'll be the one to gut you should you give into the bloodlust or do any other unbecoming things tonight." The owl spoke in a joyful tune. Upon approaching him as she tilts her head humming an old lullaby about the hunters... Ones that compared them to the beasts they hunt. Lamenting the joy of increasing her kill count. Even as a scholar she found combat of any sort to be an interesting mix of skill, strategy, and luck. The the years she spent as a hunter rubbing onto her personality. Her long sleeves kept her weapons hidden in hand. As she got close enough for him to see her luminescent eyes glow like moonlight behind her mask. "So would you mind guiding us I'm sure we could be of great help retaking this workshop."
KnightVanilla

Postby Reaver » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:28 am

Mayari
The boy self-named Royal, whistled in mock-respect as you gave your own title, following it up by clapping as he walked towards you as well. "Well I'll be! A Hunter of hunters! Well don't worry about me, I have prefer other lusts to bloodlust but this tongue can do some things to you, one might consider unbecoming." His tone was light and full of humor but his eyes were wide and live as the two of you got closer to each other. His hands stayed firmly in front of him, resting on his belt but you could see even through all of his clothes that he was tense as if expecting a fight from you. "I don't know about whatever dream you're talking about but this is reality and you are in Ryunia." He said slowly, pacing his words with his footsteps. "However I will withhold my full judgement of you as I am quite curious to see how you may 'thank' me for my services and haven't seen 'all' of you. But I do have to say I rather have the lovely lady Alicia thank me. I imagine that mouth could say thank you quite well among other things.." Chuckling as he got close enough to touch you. His muscles were relaxed as he stood in front of you, giving you another look over. "But who knows? Maybe you have quite the face under that mask, and quite the body under those robes." Tapping his fingers against his belt as he stared down from your chest to your groin before biting his lip. "Man I wish the hunters that took over Astral had looked as good as you two, no offense big guy." Glancing Jurgen for a second before returning to look at Marayi's moolight eyes.

"Do I mind bringing you to the armory? Fuck yes! I've only been here for three days and I've seen more shit in that time than seventeen years living in a colony ruled by criminals. I haven't done much beast-slaying but I thought they were supposed to kill people not Rape then kill them." His tone becoming slightly more sober as he sat down on a nearby pile of corpses. "Men, women, they fucked everything. Then some would change from the sex and become beasts. Not hunters, though. I found a good to try waiting everything out." Shrugging at his own supposed cowardice. "They had one woman they fucked for at least two hours then they killed her, wasn't pretty. The armory is near the first right inner wall checkpoint. Through the market district while leaning eastbound. You'll easily get lost going through all the alleyways or could get swarmed by sticking to the bigger routes. If there is one thing I learned growing up, it's that there is a reason a whore charges for her services, its because people want it. So what do you have to make it worth my while and please don't say my own life, let's keep it civilized plus there's only three of you. Not very fair.... For you." He muttered almost too low for you to hear.

He hummed his own unrecognizable tune as he took the steel helmet off of one corpses, tossing it between his hands as he waited for an offer. "Money, sex, weapons, first dibs on anything good in the armory, etc, etc." Smirking at you cockily from his makeshift deceased seat. "Of course I could be easier to convince if I saw some more skin and less clothes from either of you for a few seconds, once again no offense guy." The last bit being directed at Jurgen with a friendly wink. "Girls... Were rather hard to come by in Astral."
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby cliffracer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:55 am

Alicia chuckles a little. She enjoyed Royal's honesty regarding his own intentions, even if his demeanor reminded her of nobles of other families. Too many parties went by where some plucky highblood tried to 'accidentally' trip in to her, or spill a drink on her to see through her clothing. Whatever excuse they could make to have a chance at her body, really. It was refreshing, at least, to see someone so free about this sort of thing. "Hmhm. I would be willing to make a down payment before we arrived at the armory. Any noble worth her salt knows not to trust all her assets to someone until there's assured mutual benefit. Especially the daughter of a silver tycoon..." She looks to the two hunters, then steps towards him.

"I won't be resting my chest in your lap so quickly, but I'll allow you to use your hands now and guarantee 'full use' once we arrive. Is this acceptable?" She chuckles again. She found bartering with her body a little appropriate, if ironic if what Royal mentioned about the state of the city was true. She's perhaps regretting not bringing any silver along with her, but this was almost better than spending something like that on a tour guide...
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Reaver » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:59 am

The helmet clattered on the cobblestone as Royal missed the next catch upon hearing Alicia's words. "Er-what? Uh-yea! O-o-of course that's acceptable! Why wouldn't it be?" Flustered and trying to recover as if he hadn't actually expected to take him up on that option of the deal. He seemed to have even forgotten in his eagerness to accept the deal that he had originally wanted sex. The somewhat obvious tent in his pants, made more obvious by his sitting position showed that he was quite excited even by this proposition. His mouth was slightly agape and his eyes were completely glued to her chest as she walked forward and her chest jiggled. "Busty as fuck and a scion... Fuck yes!" He whispered to himself as if he could barely believe his luck. "'Full use'? Well I guess I'll have to make sure that you make it to the armory so I can find out what that is. I accept!" Shouting the last part before lunging forward with his hands out to cup Alicia's chest. With the speed and strength of one of his profession, the young hunter closed the distance before gently squeezing her buxom bounty after hesitating for a quick second. He groaned softly in satisfaction, resting his head on top of her breasts as he slowly gripped her mounds. "Gods its soooo soft and warm.... I would have never imagined...." Talking quietly as he ran his hands all over her bust, especially the sides where the clothes didn't hide her skin. Royal almost seemed to purr as he indulged himself, his boner slightly poking Alicia in the thigh as his fur hat tickled her neck. If not disturbed, he would continue for several minutes, caressing her tits but never doing anything overtly sexual like shaking them or trying to stimulate the nipples, just enjoying them.

"Ah. Well I think that'll be enough for now." He said once he was stopped or had his fill, backing up with a bashful attitude and a red face of embarrassment. "They ar-you are very nice Alicia. Soft and cushion-y, very nice..." Shifting his pants with one hand while hiding his boner with the other. "I'll show you the way to the armory and help you guys in combat too but don't expect me to stick around for any form of a last stand. I got to the third wall before I started running into things that I wasn't trained to kill, maybe you guys can get there though. The hunter who helped me close the gates seemed like he could by himself but that's a whole different story that guy. Well I'm ready to go whenever, the sooner we can get this over with, the sooner I can errrr-be rewarded." Studiously avoiding looking at Alicia's breasts now. He pulled his sword out to stab and poke one of the corpses as he waited for confirmation to start leading. The sword itself was a curious thing, while it did look like a regular double-edged sword, its length was segmented as if it could either extend or fold up on itself. There was also some form of crest on the handle but was covered in too much blood and dirt to be made out clearly.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Icaelus » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Ignoring Mistress' open hostility had been quite the nail-biter. What had she done to earn that? Even through her blindfold, the Mistress' glare could probably kill her stone dead if looks could indeed kill. And that..muttering. Ugh. Creepy. But she held both her tongue and actions in check. If Mistress didn't like her, then the feeling was going to be mutual. But it certainly wouldn't do to piss off the Keeper, someone she was hoping to learn some Bloodwielding skills from..besides, he was quite the charming person. No need to rouse his ire, right?
Upon her waking him, Keeper sighed, a weary sound that dragged out his lungs as he shuffled to sit up straight in his chair, those orange eyes of his opening once again to appraise her form. And was it just her..or did he seem even more tired? Perhaps..she was boring him? Luckily, the man visibly brightened at the mention of Bloodwielding, perking up at the very word. Yes! At least he was listening now, right?!
A deep, agitated hum echoed from Mistress' lips. Sylvia sure as hell didn't know what that meant, but it had a visible effect on Keeper, the man wincing at the sound itself. It only made Sylvia more curious. Was Bloodwielding and teaching it a taboo topic here? If so..
She was about to apologize and back off when Keeper spoke, running a hand along his beard in consideration. And then straight up rejected her. Hooray. But this endeavor wasn't completely a lost cause as Keeper went on to explain that the Bloodwielding techniques he knew were were ancient, hark back to an age where Bloodwielding was new to the Hunters. Very dangerous to the inexperienced, so he said..but Blood, that was one of Syl's specialties. And it seemed like the Keeper knew it, somehow.

A small smile curled her lip at his words, albeit with some confusion mixed in. He had been..watching her? Huh? Wait, did he mean even before all this? Sylvia couldn't quite keep the slight frown from creasing her brow as she mulled over these thoughts, not knowing what to make of his words. Well, he did praise her eyes, though. Whatever that meant.
"Um. Thanks, I thi-Gaah!"
She had broken away from her thoughts to thank Keeper for his compliment, but the cry of surprise from her was not entirely unwarranted. Getting her hand suddenly grabbed by Keeper had been quite the shock.
J-Just what is he doing?!
Biting back on her scream as Keeper continued to...appraise her wrist, forcing her into a rather awkward position. Barely thirty centimeters away from Keeper, the notion of personal space in this situation was quite the questionable one. And Syl..well, her crimson-flushed face was a testament to how unused she was around men. Especially with someone like Keeper..
Squirm as she might, the resistance she offered was merely a token one. She wasn't altogether comfortable with Keeper's touch but..well, she didn't exactly hate it. It just..felt electrifying, actually. The mood was momentarily broken by Keeper commenting on her ample chest.
"..Men."
Syl heaved a sigh. Well, she wasn't going to begrudge Keeper for that matter. Still..this was getting really awkward. His fingers were trailing along her arm, the feeling of his callused fingers making her tense up more and more with every inch they traveled. He finally stopped when he reached her shoulder, though his fingers' journey back to her wrist was every bit as excruciatingly heart-pumping as the first.
Keeper spoke at this point, his voice no more than a low growl. Words were spoken, but Syl was past being able to understand any speech by this point. The main reason of this was probably that she was currently lost in the twin suns that were Keeper's eyes. The other one being that his other hand..was on her freaking neck.

She'd laid men out flat on the ground for simply whistling in her direction, but this was a whole new for her. She had only come close to this level of intimacy with Graham before and even then, they had just been fatherly, comforting hugs from the man.
This..she didn't know how to deal with at all. She couldn't take this..felt like she was going crazy. Keeper spoke again and she nodded vaguely at his words, somehow understanding them through her daze.
That was the last she remembered before she fell further into that dream.

Three figures, their forms only visible by a single firelight. They stood back to back, seemingly absolute trust bonding them together to entrust their backs to each other. The first figure that became clear to Syl was a man, garbed in some kind of feathery outfit, a rather stupid choice for armor, in her opinion. The second was another male, this one donning a suit of bone. Crafted from the remains of his enemies, presumably.
The last, the sole female of the trio was clad in a suit of full plate armor. It didn't seem to slow down the woman at all as she moved seamlessly in cooperation with the other two Hunters, battling against a horde of beasts in the dead of night. The man in the bone armor laughed, the sound joyous and nearly mad as he reveled in the slaughter of the beastkin.
Just what was this dream..? It felt like a last stand of a trio of Hunters against the endless tide of Beasts, but she couldn't shake the feeling that all three would survive that dreadful night. Perhaps she would find out more in the coming days? Only time would tell..

Sylvia returned to the waking world with a groan. What..the heck happened? One moment Keeper had been imparting his knowledge of Bloodwielding to her..the next she was unconscious? And just what was that dream? But no, more importantly..what was this..warm thing she was using as a pillow?
A sense of dread filled her as she opened her crimson eyes, looking up at a smiling Keeper. She had been sleeping, using his lap as a fucking pillow. Oh, good gods. Someone just kill her now. A-a-and..was that drool?! Oh, lord. And to top it all off, the guy was even attempting to calm her..by patting her on the head, running his hands through her hair.
It certainly wasn't very effective. Much the opposite, actually.
"I-I'm so sorry!"
Syl all but threw herself away from Keeper, thoroughly embarrassed at this point. She had come here to request of him to teach her Bloodwielding and he had kindly obliged..and in return she had drooled a complete mess on his pants. Oh, lords above. This was the worst day ever, seriously. And that bemused smile on Keeper's face reaaaally wasn't helping things at all.
But finally with their business done, he dismissed her, going back to his sleep. She honestly wondered what he thought of her now..what, Drool Girl? That would be a horrifying title to be remembered by, for sure..
"T-Thank you very much, Sir Keeper. I'll be on my way now."
Sylvia curtsied to the sleeping Keeper, trying to will the flush in her cheeks away. This had been a thoroughly embarrassing experience..but she could not deny the new knowledge that had lodged itself within her mind. It felt incomplete..as if it needed a name to be called by. Maybe...Lifeblood Call? That seemed apt for what the spell could do..
Mistress' hum broke her out of her reverie, making her jump a couple inches into the air. That tune..seemed to pierce right through her, reminding her of how Keeper caressed her skin..that feeling of his hand on her neck..
"U-ugh. I-I'll be going now!"
With that being said, she bolted. Yep. All but broke into a breakneck sprint for the tombstone where Alicia, Jurgen and Mayari had left from earlier. And even though the notion of returning to that disgusting, bloodstained hellhole that was now Ryunia, she would rather be knee-deep in Beast corpses than stew in another embarrassing minute with Keeper. Let's just leave that all that shame behind, yes? What happens in the dream, stays in it!

She soon approached the tombstone with the raven, not paying much attention to the ongoing commotion behind her. She was vaguely aware that Keeper was pissed. Really pissed..which made only made it an incentive to leave the Dream even quicker. Shooting out a hand, her fingers lightly brushed the cold stone of the headstone as she ran images of the square through her mind..her thoughts fading to white once again..

"Oof!"
The trip back had lasted all but an instant, but it did also have the unpleasant side-effect of depositing Sylvia on the square butt-first. And while she had been plenty lucky to get a surprisingly clean spot..well, she had soon found out that the square's tiles were freezing cold and obviously very hard. Not a place where you wanted to spend an extended amount of time on your ass.
"Yuck.."
Syl grumbled as she rose from the cold ground, patting off her skirt. She turned to look for the other Hunters, but was greeted by the sight of Jurgen's massive back completely blocking out her view. Very nice to see you too, big guy. Sidestepping Jurgen who positively dwarfed Mayari at his side, she was treated to a rather odd spectacle.
A newcomer, obviously a Hunter. He was dressed rather fancily in a fur hat and a matching garb, both fit for nobility. But what was odd about him was that he was currently engaging in drooling over Alicia's tits, groping them as he wished.
To be honest, she would've and probably should've just shot him right there and then, but looking at Alicia who offered no resistance alongside Mayari and Jurgen, she was forced to stay her hand. The pervert would live for now, it seemed.
"I..don't suppose someone could explain this to me? Mayari? Jurgen? Anyone? Why..is this buffoon groping Alicia when we have an armory to take back?"
Sylvia asked, her tone tired with a hint of exasperation. Just who was this new guy?
Last edited by Icaelus on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby cliffracer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Alicia kept a dignified posture as Royal made full use of the few minutes he was offered to enjoy Alicia's chest. The attention to them did end up with her nipples poking at her clothing, but aside from a soft blush, she made nothing of it. She didn't even shift away when she felt the inconspicuous pokes at her bare thigh, even if she would've liked to nudge him away. She only ended up blushing further when Syl arrived and aired her confusion, coughing quietly. "The rest of our company will be arriving in a moment, but we ought to be safe while we wait here."

She winks to him as she steps back over to the group, approaching Syl to address her quietly. "The boy offered to take us to the armory if we could provide something he wanted. In lieu of giving him first dibs on what's in the armory or any of our money, I offered my chest. He made a very clear 'pleasure is business' statement, after all." She smiles, holding her arms behind her back. "We're being taken to the armory more-or-less for free."
cliffracer

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:56 am

As she listened to royal speaking, she easily saw how tense he became once she began approaching. Making him question whether or not she had given into the bloodlust was a good thing to do to keep him on his feet. His offer was a stupid one the 'lady' would probably offer herself up... and as she thought this she heard the words of Alicia. She let out an audible sigh as she was hoping she was wrong about the bimbo... but that was just too much to ask of this group of hunters. Especially from the way the new beasts were described as sexually crazed it seemed like the bimbo would be the first to go after all. The creatures didn't just rape they still killed and dying was a considerable threat to their sanity rather than their life span. While the owl would had preferred to walk off on her own the new hunter wasn't wrong about the threat to their lives. The 'lady' Alicia seemed rather aimless as a hunter... which annoyed her more if she supposedly once had the resources to do as she pleased. Now that she was offering someone to touch her inappropriately and take pleasure was by far unbecoming of the woman. Especially as one of the few that may inherit immortality. If it got them to their goal I suppose it's what had to be done....

Opening her eyes now to see that Royal is now openly groping her breasts in front of her and Jergan without restraint or any sense of decency she spoke up. As he continued to grope her. "Ugh... instead of having her for a reward to satisfy yourself before you possible death why not give you something to motivate your will to live even after. When we arrive within our destination I'll show you my face." As stupid as the offer might have sounded her face was worth more than the bimbo's body. Other hunters have pried her so many times to get a proper glimpse of her while those she has fought and killed for the immortal king would love to give a face to someone they hate.... Ultimately it could be the very leverage over her entire life he lives through the night. "None before have seen my face since I became a hunter. As such those that hate me or even love me from a distance... would love information on my appearance other than the mask I wear. So you gain not just the possibility of money, but leverage... over a hunter of hunters. I doubt you can say you wouldn't want to be under my wing." The owl in a sense had offered her complete self to him... but there was a limit to how she would allow him to push her and whether or not he realized how he could use this to help himself or not.

It only became more complicated as Sylvia arrived as she groaned out loud. Having to explain the predicament they were in was stupid enough. Having Alicia state her intentions made her lose what little respect she may have had for the girl left. "Yes... what she says is correct. This 'girl' is offering her body to this 'boy'... I made a different offer in mind... As for waiting for the others... that won't be happening." She started marching off motioning for everyone else to follow. "The longer we stall... thee longer the plague stays within the kingdom's walls. We move in now and kill what's in our way while we still can. The rest will follow the trail of blood we leave in our wake." The owl began marching her weapons slide from her inner sleeves into her hands as she extends her saw cleaver marching onward with determination she would not wait for the rest...time was of the essence and their foe would not wait for the hunters to in full strength. They either would strike now or die while the beasts gathered their strength.
KnightVanilla

Postby lilbooth » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Jurgen wasn't exactly known for his negotiation skills, and Royal had made it clear that he didn't really want anything to do with him. The 'hunter of hunters' had begun to get on his nerves. First, his seriousness had been questioned, and now he was being spoken for. Humor and emotion played very little roles and Jurgen's life and the concept of being insincere is not grasped by him. The whole situation frustrated him immensely. He didn't know how to be more serious. The small hunter had also threatened to gut him, something that amused him to no end. He had been gutted before, by a someone far more terrifying that masked huster, and he had survived. She continued to speak of bloodlust and the beast. Her favorite words must be hunter, hunters, and gut, Jurgen thought to himself, why else would she bother saying them this much?. He continued to ponder. He tried to search for his favorite words... he found none. He did know a great number of words, many the other hunters did not, he assured himself, but there was nothing special about them. Mostly formulas and compounds, mathematics, chemistry, astrology. He had a strong dislike for all of them, but that did not prevent his mind from wandering about complex sciences.

He had rather easily forgotten his current aggravation for Mayari as Royal began telling them about the city, and requesting compensation. The man was very fine, in appearance and structure, he could easily pass for a woman with a touch of makeup and wig. And his vocabulary was rather colorful. Jurgen was sure he could lift the feeble man and toss him against a wall, maybe even take his hat, it looked soft and comfortable. But Alicia had offered Royal a chance to grope her bosom. An entirely useless form of compensation. But Royal was fool enough to accept and agreed to lead them to the armory. Mayari was well infuriated by Alicia's action and after a short speech, she stormed off in what was seemingly a random direction. Jurgen turned Sylvia and bowed his head deeply, as to not speak so loudly amongst the hunters. "The pretty one, Royal, offered to lead us to the armory if we helped fight our way there and we gave him some sort of compensation. Alicia fooled him her bosom, Mayari got mad and insulted everyone, and now she is marching by herself that way." Explained Jurgen in as hushed a tone as he could muster, carefully pointing at Mayari's backside as she stormed off. "She doesn't even now if that's where the armory is." He added as he pulled himself back to his full height. He offered Sylvia an honest shrug and stood behind Royal.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Reaver » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Outer City Square

Royal spent a few moments stabbing a pile of bodies before recalling what Marayi had offered. "Any possibility of getting both rewards, faceless birdie?" Looking up to ask Marayi. "No offense but I doubt seeing your face is going to change my world, if I even survive tonight and while being the first hunter to see your face is pretty enticing, it's not like I'm going to be painting portraits of it to sell to other people. But... The leverage part does seem a bit interesting. I'd hold onto that if I were you in case you need someone to get you to other parts in Ryunia. I know my way through some of the old mining shafts, they can get you to other parts of the city without worrying about large groups of beasts. You could say I know my way into hidden places." Winking as he said the last part before going back to his corpse stabbing. You could all hear the curiosity in his voice, him wanting to see Marayi's face having already been voiced in his previous comments to her.

Despite claiming not to be aware of the Hunters' Dream, Royal gave no indication of being surprised by Sylvia's magical and instantaneous entrance as she landed on the stone out of thin air. He gave the newcomer a once over like he had done to everyone else, the corners of his mouth curling into a slight grin as he started to stare at her rack. "Excuse you!" Royal yelled back at Sylvia before jabbing a particular corpse several more times before wiping the blood off on its clothes. By now he seemed more collected than earlier, his face no longer flush and his boner no where to be seen. The teen's eyes focused as he sheathed his sword to fiddle with his gun. "Yours aren't as big as the fair lady's so I guess I can understand and forgive you for being so bitchy off the bat without even knowing me." Returning Sylvia's insult with one of his own before sitting on a different pile of corpses, looking rather smug with the comeback. He hadn't seemed to have heard Jurgen's comment on physical description but Royal did begin to watch him subtly as the hunter got closer to him, but made no comment on the towering man being right behind him. Only because of self-confidence, trust or stupidity was Royal letting Jurgen stand behind him and he made as much clear without even looking at the man. "If you try to backstab me, you better kill me on the first hit. Otherwise I'll tear your ribs out and shove them through your eyes and mouth." His threat and tone being unusually cold and coarse for how he had been acting so far. "Call it a peeve of mine but I don't like people I don't know standing behind me. Usually casts a shadow on me or ends up with someone trying to shank me." Offering some form of explanation for his demeanor before sighing in annoyance.

Royal didn't seemed to be bothered at all by all the corpses, human and otherwise around him, even going as far as to move one hairy arm to use it as an armrest. He seemed to always have something to say, but it was quite apparent there was more than met the eye with him as he grew quiet as he performed maintenance on his blunderbuss. With his head down, he focused on preparing it for the trip to the armory, even using a miniature chisel to fiddle with the screws among other things. He got it to a state he was apparently satisfied in about a minute before reattaching it to his harness with a pleased sigh, then looked up at Sylvia.

"Now if you're ready to show me some respect you could start with your name or I'll just have to call you, Sugar Tits and I will find many reasons to say it too." Continuing to be cheeky from his decaying throne. "You're just lucky I'm in a good mood and your friend, Alicia knows how to barter otherwise I might lead you to your deaths for that slight. Astralites never forget an insult. Big Guy used to say that the only people that will insult you are your best friends and those planning on killing you. Now which group do you fit in with?" He said mischievously as he folded his hands over his lap in a mock gesture of patience and kindness. He seemed to be waiting for her answer but once Marayi stated her intent to go on her own, Royal stood up as if he was about try bring her back. His mouth opened, then closed, then he grinned, then sat down finally. "Eh I bet her face wasn't as cute as I was thinking it was anyways." Reclining on the dead bodies while looking Alicia's way. "I made my deal with you, Alicia so I'll leave when you're ready. I know some good shortcuts, but that super-hunter better hope she walks quietly or she's going to have a lot of company to keep her busy until she bites it." Seeming content to already write the still-visible girl off as a dead person walking.

"And now fucking what...?" Royal said, squinting in the direction of the gates. Apparently it wasn't urgent enough for him to get up from his corpse chair but Royal seemed definitely interested in what was happening at the gates as he pointed. "Its a fucking winged beast, deadly as fuck fuckers and this one seems to have a passenger." Helpfully narrating for anyone that couldn't be bothered to turn around for a few seconds. A few seconds and a loud screech from the flying beast later, Royal was whistling in interest. "Aaaaaanndddd it just dropped the person, well that fellow is fucked. I wonder if he's going to die on impact or bleed out from internal bleeding and trauma? Anyone want to take bets before he splats?" Quickly looking around at all of you before going back to staring at the falling person. "Nine...Eight.. Seven.. Six! Five! Fo-oh damnit! He's going to fall in the tree." Royal predicted, sounding quite disappointed and even more so when his prediction proved to be correct. "He wouldn't happen to be the company you meant, would he?" Glancing Alicia's way, clearly skeptical that she could have planned this out. "Nice landing asshat. Wanna explain why you hitched a ride on a winged beast just to get inside of Ryunia?" Now speaking to the man from the skies as he tried to get some answers to the event everyone had just witnessed.

Jericho

For you, all you could remember was looking at the wax seal on a perfectly pristine letter. You felt compelled to go, to walk, to make your way to a distant location that lingered in the back of your mind along with the soft humming that drove you to listen and obey. However you never started walking. As you stood there, you could hear the loud shrieking of a creature nearby. Paralyzed by the tune, you could only hear the shrill roars of the beast as it got closer and closer. You could hear the loud rhythmic beating of two leathery wings getting louder as the winged hunter neared your form, then you were in the air. The humming was louder in your mind as you were carried through the sky as if to stifle any instinctual urges to struggle in this creature's grasp. It had claws holding you by under each of your armpits and a tail wrapped around your leg like an extra precaution. Perhaps it was bringing you to its nest to eat you or to feed you to its ilk? It seemed probable as you could begin to make out a large mountainous formation in the distance that it seemed to be flying towards. The wind whipped at your face and hair as it began picking up speed and descending, it definitely wasn't flying to the top of it and by now you could make out small mounds and towers dotting the exterior of the mountain and hulking gates on the side of the mountain you and the creature were heading towards.

"This is your stop vile hunter. Pray we never cross passes again or I will dash your brains against the rocks of this mountain and feast on your entrails and eyeballs." The creature said in a guttural deep voice, struggling to form the words but delivering them nevertheless with an obvious amount of malice. It was clearly a beast of some form despite you having been unable to see its face or its body so far but that really only created more questions. The monster definitely wasn't in a mood to sate your curiosity as it began to go into a full dive-bomb at the main gates. It held you against its chest, warm and soft enough that it had to be covered in fur, as it enclosed its wings preparation to try succeeding at what it was doing. Which was fitting two people through the slim opening between the mouth of the mountain and the ramparts of the gates. It shrieked and spun as the went through the gap with you, giving you quite the ride and possible thrill before suddenly dropping you two-hundred feet above the dim city courtyard. It cackled as it let you go, leaving you to your fate as it continued to fly further into the city. As you began to fall, the humming stopped, freeing your mind and body from its grasp and returning control back to you.

You could see the creature that had apparently brought you here, a large and lanky beast that was covered in fur and a long wiry tail that was unusual since most humans transformed into wolf-like creatures. It looked bipedal but that was all you could see before it disappeared behind distant buildings and you started nearing the ground. Trees weren't exactly great to land in but it definitely beat the hard cobblestone in most books. The great decayed tree slowed your fall by quite a bit as you fell and broke through hundreds of branches on your way down before you finally hit the ground. Your head was ringing from the pain and you already felt sore and bruised but it the alternative had been being dead so it wasn't a bad trade. From your spot on the ground you could see four people nearby, two females, two males.

"Nice landing asshat. Wanna explain why you hitched a ride on a winged beast just to get inside of Ryunia?" One of the men said, the younger blonde one that was sitting on a pile of corpses and dressed like a noble. He seemed more curious than trying to come off as abrasive with his words as even from where you were you could see an easy-going smile on his face.

Marayi

It didn't take long for you to lose sight of all the other hunters as you walked down the only stone pathway towards the city of Ryunia. More corpses littered the road you walked on, not as many as all the ones piled around the main gates but it was quite apparent that this had been the place of another gruesome fight between the beasts and the city guards. Many corpses had their throats slit or were mauled and the ones that weren't were firmly impaled to the ground with swords, spears, anything strong enough hold a beast down to bleed them out. Like the ones at the gate, these beasts were all humans that had been in the process of gradually turning into beasts. They had hair all over their body, elongated sharp teeth and some of them even had bents to their back and elongated limbs signifying the beginning of their eventual turn into full beasts. It seemed that guards had been aware of this too and had known how unlikely of a chance they had of successfully fighting and killing the beasts so they had opted to trap as many as possible and fight the rest with small arms to the death.

A simple steel gate that went horizontal and end at the stone walls on each side was the only thing separating this area from the actual city. It was already battered and forced open with more guards laying slain around it. The remnants of a standard checkpoint on both sides were all that remained of any former security that guarded the true gates to the city. A sign above and to the right of the gate read simply, "Market District". From the entrance of the gate you could see a huge maze of buildings, stands and shops, stretching for what could possibly be miles in all directions past the gate. Perhaps before the scourge, the market center in front of you could have easily fit hundreds of buyers and vendors without crowding the place. Now the market place seemed eerily quiet, bodies littered here and there but no signs of any living people or beasts around. Many of the stalls were damaged ranging from slash marks and dents to completely collapsed and broken, usually with an accompanying blood splatter or shred of clothes to tell the tale of the unknown struggles that happened here and there. There were two main roads going north-east and north-west, leading further into the district, five paths that went due east, and three paths that went straight west.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay