Welcome to Horn Barrow!

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Welcome to Horn Barrow!

Postby VintageBass » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:15 am

Well, this is certainly bringing in some new light about the girl. I lit up in delightful curiosity, almost beginning to feel a bit of blood flowing down below from the mention of inventions. OK so she wasn't one to make them, but she does have experience at a place where it makes something with technology has me interested. Although, it does seem like a bit of a sensitive issue talking about more of her work at this place, especially now I have a good idea as to what caused that massive scar and her wing to be in such a horrific state. Something went boom and she was caught in it. There's nothing else I could get from that other than maybe asking what exactly caused it, but it's amazing that she managed to survive such a horrific ordeal and manage to come out with just that nasty scar. Even testing them out is pretty dangerous, and I do have to give her some credit in being in such a position to be handling such tools.

When she mentions that she did her wing and couldn't do better, my enthusiasm drop as I ignore her gazing and focus on the wing. OK so it's very unlikely that she's going to have that healed up and back to normal in... years, I guess, but seeing that ruined mess has the gears in my head spinning. I have seen ideas and sketches lying around whenever I visited one of my relatives, at least the ones that were specialized in this, and they have shown me actual working prototypes that could serve as a new wing. They even help me get a better understanding in making them as I spent more time with them, which should allow me to help get at least a base for the wing. I begin to talk, but she jumps on ahead of me, knowing that I'm not here for just her wing...

And then I turn to shock. "Um... excuse me, what?" I replied, completely dumbstruck by Cordial's question. OK, she's right about the wing and yes technically I found her, but I have no idea what she's talking about, or even who. "Uh, I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone who mentioned you... at all. In fact, the only thing I came here with in terms of bits are what I payed for the trip here. It's just scratch change, if anything. I honestly haven't heard of you until now and I just thought it'll be nice to talk to somepony else on the train ride..." I pause for a moment to collect my thoughts, trying to get a good grasp of the situation at hand while trying to figure out what is this mare's deal.

"So, I take it somepony wants you to go back to wherever you're from and you're on this train getting away from them," I explained, trying to get some clues about this. "Just to let you know, I'm just some stallion who likes trains and knows only my family and the other ponies working the train lines, and that's about it. I don't know who this pony you're speaking of who's asking to bring you back, but I know for certain I ain't letting that happen, not to someone who has been through something traumatic. That's just not something I'll do. If anything, I'll be willing to help you escape whatever place you're from and get you set up."

I just feel that excitement flowing through me, getting that heroic feeling of doing a good deed for a fellow pony in escaping a terrible villain and being her shining pony in armor. Granted I have no idea what this mare's situation is outside of just guessing and piecing things together, but that urge to help is creeping up and I just want to see this mare be happy... similar to how many other attempts went and fail. Maybe this once it'll work out for me. So I scooted on out of the seat and begin to make my way back to my seat before facing Cordial, looking at her with a determined look. "Listen, I may not understand what is going on with you, but let me see if I can do anything to help. Perhaps I can work on that wing. I'm going to go back to my seat, grab my tool kit and see if I can work on getting you started with something to at least give you a better wing." With that said, I venture on back to get said tool box, quickly getting it out while ignoring anyone else around me, and quickly make my way back to begin my work!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Nanospliccer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Strom:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

"Why, the honour of being in lands that are not your own! I have survived out here under the Princess' rule for far more time than I would care to admit to any of her royal guardsman, and I've been hunted for longer than you've been able to fly, my frigid friend." He smiles, and the gold in his maw gleams in the light of the car. "But here, on this train between Horn Barrow and the warmer, more lovely places in this kingdom, I've found my place, more or less."

The table before him holds an oddly plain line-ruled book, filled with line after line after languid line of the worst Equestrian muzzlewriting you've yet to see in this place. You would have trouble reading it even if you were'nt looking at it upside-down, but from this angle it's near impossible to even make the attempt. His quill, a roc feather with a steel tip, lays dormant on the table beside a currently unmarked page, dripping the remains of whatever black blood fills the open wooden well sitting closest to the pony himself. Beneath the table, the bags are of a material you don't believe you've ever felt before. Rough and marred and thick enough to withstand a bolt of Unicorn battle-magic. There's a lock keeping the largest pocket folded down, so even as you snake your tail into the side you know that pulling things out again would be tricky, especially without attracting attention. Inside, you feel a pouch bulging with little discs so heavy you can barely imagine lifting it without the bottom tearing open and spilling the stallion's riches across the floor of the car. The material of the pouch feels somewhat similar to the skin of the bag, however, so it's entirely possible that the thing could be lifted with your beak without breaking. If you could get that far, that is. The pouch itself is closed with nothing but a cinch, and it would be childishly simple to lift one or two coins clear out of the bags without making a sound.

Beneath that, though... Well, you feel a hard flat object, a smooth object with sharpened edges that is warm to the touch, and a long, rounded object with a texture closer to flesh than that of anything you'd expect to find in a bag, only... it seems to exude coolness, approaching that of the world outside. At certain points along the object, you can feel something like paper wrapped around it in bands, but it seems to be stripping and flaking off in places.

Charcoal:

As your hoof brushes against her inner thighs, her eyes narrow slightly and her ears flatten back against her mane. She glances quickly from your muzzle to your eyes to your wings, then looks down at the table. You can feel her legs spread a little wider...

"Horn Barrow, yes... that's part of why I'm going, I'm sure you've figured out by now. It's quite a little haven for your kind." She says. She sounds a lot more calm then before, and she actually seems to pause in between words and sentences. She looks back up at you. "The sun is almost entirely absent, which means that your... 'complexion' will not be any darker than it is now, and you can walk around freely during all hours... which is great news for a creature that doesn't sleep, I suppose. City of Night... I've always liked the night better anyway. The city is dark, but fun things happen in dark places, I'm sure you're familiar..." A grin had begun to appear on her face with her proclamation of love for Luna's gift, and by the time she's finished speaking she's grinning rather madly at you. "Fun things, I suppose, can happen anywhere with you, huh? So, as long as you've promised not to kill me, where do you have in mind for whatever dark things you have in mind?"

Her horn begins to glow, and she raises an eyebrow at you. "Of course, if this is a trick, you'll regret it for a long and painful rest of eternity. Sound fair to you?" She says. "After all, 10,000 bits is a lot of gold, and monster hunting doesn't pay as well as it used to..."

Gearshift:

She starts to back away from you even before you dash back to your car to get your tools. When you arrive back, she's missing, and wind is howling past the door on the opposite side, held open by the wind. She left in too much of a hurry to even take her stuff with her, though she clearly did take some time taking what she thought she needed. Everything else, she left discarded across the floor of the train car, shifting and rolling and fluttering with the wind and uneven frosted rails. Papers scratched with ink of different colours and crude designs of artifacts and machines catch your eye as they swirl with the wind, moving over the smattering of odd materials which gush from the guts of saddlebags marked with a large red cross turned like a railroad crossing sign. On one bar of the cross, white letters spell "Mirolux Creations, AGR:C."

Eventually, you realize that the pony herself is staring at you from the opposite car. Her glare cuts into you through the glass, passing from you to the papers and back. You can see her attempting to process the situation, trying to figure out whether she can get the pages and run/overpower you. The toolbox in your mouth seems to draw an appropriate amount of attention, though you can't quite read what she thinks of it. She closes her eyes for a second, then looks behind her, and sighs.

[indent=1]You see her mouth move, but whatever she said is lost in the wind between you.
Nanospliccer

Postby Firehead » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:45 pm

Strom listened to the old stallions explanation. It was good to hear confirmation that this train traveled between Horn Barrow and the warmer lands. Either it was heading for Horn Barrow now, or he had somehow gotten himself turned the wrong way on his trip out. For now it would be best to ride the train, and if it led him the wrong way he could just use the tracks as a guide when he set out to find the place.

He looked over the stallions positions on the table. The stallion had been writing when he first arrived, and the book lay open upon the table. The stallion seemed to make no attempt to hide what Strom could only assume was a journal. It became clear when he spotted the text the stallion had written. The seemingly random scrawls would have been hard enough to decipher even if the book was facing him. Turned away it looked like pure nonsense from a chick just learning his letters.

Underneath the table he found the bag. His tail wandered over the thick hide of the bag. From the marring it was probably old and well used. He wondered what the material had been made from as he'd never touched anything like it. A lock holding it shut made it clear this pony wasn't quite as foolish as he'd thought. He could still slip his tail through, but he'd be limited in how much he could get out. Inside he finds a smaller bag weighted down with what appears to be coin. This stallion was loaded with it, and he certainly wouldn't miss a few of them. Before that, he decided to see what else was in the bag. He found a hardened metal object with sharpened edges. The stallion said he was on the run from royal guards, so the chance of it being a weapon seemed high. The way it exuded heat seemed a little odd. Could it be enchanted in some way? The other object was far more confusing. While the edged object was warm, this one seemed to radiate cold and was rapped in papers which seemed to be coming off. Strom felt a uneasy at the touch of the strange, almost fleshy feel of it.

Worried the stallion might notice his unease, he brought his tail back out of the bag empty. As long as the conversation continued he could have an opportunity to grab a few coins if the stallion didn't get suspicious. "Well I don't know if I'd call all this an honor myself. It sounds more like you're finding somewhere to hide. As for me, I'm just a young male looking for something more than what he has back home. I don't see any need to dress it up and make it out to be more than what it is."
Firehead

Postby VintageBass » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:56 pm

I take a look around the car to see where Cordial went off to. Surely she couldn't gotten to far now, seeing that I should've passed her if she headed in my direction or ahead towards the engine. There's not much place for her to go on this train and even if she decided to do the insane thing and fly out, she's not going anywhere with that one wing of hers. She is in no condition to fly and it's a shame that I can't do anything to help her with that. Even with the lack of skills, I still want to try, proving to her that I'm not some spy for this company or pony who wants her back. Why would she even believe that? Do I really look like the type of pony to be some hired muscle to drag her back to wherever she came from?

Whatever is going on, she's gone... at least I think she is, until feeling the force of the howling winds pushing me back. I place all four hooves of mine hard on the ground, using every bit of my strength to keep myself from tumbling back. What is happening? Who is this insane to open up the door and let loose the wind on everyone inside of this car? A piece of paper hits my face, blinding me and nearly causing me to stumble back, but eventually I realize that these are blueprints and Cordial is letting them all scattered about as if she's leaving in a hurry...

Wait, she is really this insane! She's determined to get as far away from this person to actually jump out of a moving train! Dammit, this bad! I have to do something! But what? What can I do about this? Well seeing that she is also looking over the pages, she seems also interested in knocking me out and either option doesn't sound pleasing to me. This is getting to be annoying, but I need to prove to this mare that I'm not someone to be the enemy. Perhaps I can gather these pages and give them to her, maybe letting her actually make her escape and leave me be, alone once again with Frisk as we arrive at our destination...

Yes, I'll do that! After all if she's crazy to make an escape, I'll prove to her I'm just as insane. Putting down my tools, I start doing my best to collect the pages, trying to catch all of them with my mouth and hooves to keep them from flying everywhere. These prints are important looking, so I better not let them fall into the wrong hands!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Kittykitty501 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:15 am

"well now, I can promise you this, I won't harm you and that's a promise and if a certain Pink mare was right, promises should never be broken. now I'm not so familiar with this train as much as your self or any of the others but I know one of the carriages are.. empty and quiet, perfect for what I had in mind for you love"

With a smirk, she get back up from her seated position, using her wings to levitate lazily from her spot before landing back upon the comfy carpet like surface of the aisle that ran down the train car, so soft against ones hooves. Hopefully the mare didn't have some Altera motives to going along with the bat ponies quest for a bit of pleasure. For now, she'd trust her and with a gentle smile and of course a coy wink, she'd begin to trot down the car.

"I may have lusts for crimson but I also have lusts for the slivery fluids that part from your snatch sweetie, so please follow me"

of course, she trot with almost sexual wiggle of her rear, even lifting up her tail a little to show of her delicate grey flower that was already slightly soaked from the fact that this mare had accepted. With sweet anticipation of what was to come, she'd open the dividing doors of the train and continue on to what she thought would be an empty carriage for her to delve into Braise's nectar.
100% Herm Addict
100% Corruption

"and then.. how about a nice injection of Fox cream, lover" - Urta
CoC Fanfic 75% complete

Kittykitty501
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Previous

Return to Roleplay