Welcome to Horn Barrow!

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Welcome to Horn Barrow!

Postby Nanospliccer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:45 am

The Stars watch in somber silence as a single train leaves its penultimate station for the night, and the conductor shivers. He's new to this train, having been apprenticed on the well-traveled track between Ponyville and the capital before now. This his first real assignment, keeping watch over the strange machinations that pull his passengers from Horseshoe Hills across the increasingly icy tracks to Hoof Barrow. He was thus not expecting the cold, or the loneliness, or the strange feeling of being observed that one gets as a traveler in the night. He was not expecting the lack of good conversation that comes from a train driven by a loud rumbling thing inside the train rather than a good old-fashioned earth team. He was absolutely not anticipating the odd assortment of strange and eerie passengers he was to take aboard, some of which he felt could kill him with gaze alone, and others he could knock over with a single powerful huff. Some of them... well, they weren't even ponies, and by his own reckoning had no business taking the trains, especially that dark mare with the bat wings...

"Hmph." He mutters to himself. "If she c'n fly, what's she taken up space on this train for? There are ponies goin' in to this town who have actual disabilities, stuff that makes her... deformity look like a blessin' from Celestia 'erself. I have half a mind to go back there and have her earn her keep with that lovely flank o' hers..." Of course, the lonely stallion would never act on this instinct. He was simply thinking aloud, making up for the lack of conversational partners by substituting himself. He's certainly not a monster, and definitely not crazy, and he tells himself this every time he's alone. The mare, however, is weighing on his mind. She looked straight into his eyes when she was boarding, her face shadowed by that parasol of hers, yet her eyes glowing like the moon and full of hatred. Sure, he might have muttered something under his breath about her wings, who wouldn't? He never intended her to hear it...

Well, it's no matter now, he thinks to himself, trying not to say anything out loud anymore just in case something's watching him. He checks over the readouts from the engine as he was told to, making sure speed is maintained and that the engine is cool enough not to explode and derail the whole thing. He twists knobs, he turns levers, he thanks the Stars that there are no other ponies here to discern that he has very little clue what he's doing. He checks the readouts again, making sure that they're probably correct, and then leans back in his seat, content to simply watch the tracks for a while. He sees it, though, engraved on the backs of his eyeballs. Two piercing, soul-searching spots of pure light, or pure darkness. They appear in his vision every time he closes his eyes, and he still has the intense feeling that he's being watched...

A few cars back, the merchant has settled in. His, erm, 'travelling companions' are waiting for him in the sleeper car, but he's not feeling very motivated to join them at the moment. Their time is already paid for, and they can handle some boredom, he's sure. He leans over his journal in the dining car long after the doors were closed, scribbling messy lettering onto the expensive lined pages with a gold-tipped quill that hangs from his muzzle. Learning takes practice, and this practice in particular is too much fun to stop at the moment. If need be, he'll pay for some extra time with the twins. After all, money is clearly not a concern, and he must live out the scenes he has in his mind somehow...

A little ways back from there, the scientist looks over her notes that are not hers one last time before bed, knowing there was something she missed in them, something that would help her to know if this is even the right sundamned train for her to take. She sees the red stallion walk in, loaded with bags and tools, and quickly closes the book, knowing that while she couldn't run forever, she could at least make sure that potential spies for her seeker couldn't catch her outright. Her eyes follow him, studying, taking mental notes the way her master never would, and wonders about the significance of the three-gear mark. Precious metals, or different ranks in a competition, she presumes, before the stallion exits the car and her thoughts. She returns to the little book, laying it flat again on the bench beneath her, and begins reading, turning pages with her remaining functioning wing.

These and more than these travel through the dark towards the train's last stop. Most aboard share the fate of their vehicle, while others will return from where they came, wiser and richer than before. All are searching for something they need. Most will find it or die trying. Some will find it and die trying. This is the way to, from, and of Horn Barrow. Though, of course, some claim that there is no way from Horn Barrow.

Welcome...

Gearshift:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

You passed quite a number of cars on the way to your own for such a small train, and despite the number of passengers (six, by your last count) the train seems relatively well-maintained and even decadent, with amenities you don't often encounter even on much more well-traveled tracks. The carpet on the passenger car is remarkably soft underneath your hooves, and you take a slight pleasure in the feeling of it as you unload your bags. You notice that you do have another set of packs in the car with you, carefully tucked underneath the benches out of the light of the electric lantern hanging from the ceiling, though you see no sign of their owner.

On the way here, you noticed that the passengers had some odd airs about them. Two of them seemed to be expecting you, and gazed at you with lust in their eyes, though as soon as they realized that you had never met them before and thus didn't even know their names, they grew very, very cold towards you, and apologized briskly before showing you the way out towards your car. Another one, a small stallion with a blank flank, sort of shuffled past you, head drooped towards the floor and hooves barely moving. They muttered a quick apology to you as they passed you though you're not certain what for. The fourth was a pegasus laying on the bench in her car, reading something you can only presume was sexual as she flipped it closed with a loud thwip before you even noticed it under her hooves. She watched you the entire time you were in her car, and for all you know she's still watching the door you left through. Finally, there was the old unicorn mare, holding a ball of yarn in her mouth as she practiced her levitation on the loose end. She barely seemed to notice you as she worked the yarn into the shape of a small pony doll, filling it with the extra from the ball and levitating some silver thread from the bag beneath the bench she lay on. Before you left, you noticed above her a small collection of similar dolls, all with different coats, but all with long silver manes stretching down to their hooves. With the conductor, that makes six, so far.

You finish your rumination just as you finish unpacking. It's not a long journey from here to Horn Barrow if you remember correctly, but perhaps exploring the train you've heard so many stories about could be a good use of the time you have on it? You are assigned to this line, after all, and there may even be a normal mare on board that you could spend the evening with. Or, perhaps a stallion... you aren't feeling particularly picky for companionship after what you've seen here tonight.

Frisk squirms around in one of the pockets on the side of your uniform, fixing his position to get more comfortable before sleeping peacefully yet again.

Charcoal:

The night is young, and you shall never grow old. Why not have some fun while you're aboard? You had a brief encounter with the conductor a few towns back, but it's been mostly day since then, and you don't actually know who's aboard at this point. You open your eyes in the dark and familiar burrow you made in the coal car, stretching your wings and yawning. Your bags are already securely placed beneath a bench a little ways away, with a runic curse upon them so they aren't stolen. Besides, this is a much better place for rest. It's almost as good as a coffin.

You work your way up out of the coals into the brisk night air, your eyes adjusting slowly to the light of the moon after the darkness of your burrow. The passenger and dining cars stretch out before you, full of mystery and blood to fill your time until you arrive at the shadowed town you came aboard for.

The night is young, and, in a way, so are you. Time to feel like it again.
Nanospliccer

Re: Welcome to Horn Barrow!

Postby Kittykitty501 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:53 am

The night was indeed young, such a distanced travelled from the station she had boarded upon. Thinking a little to her self about the urges that stirred within her, gently flicking her tongue against her fangs that sat perfectly within her maw. oh what a beautiful night she did ponder to her self, stretching her wings outwards, cracking her neck to the side. Covered in coat dust, she'd give her self a shake, sending the blast particles flying off her, she only hoped no-pony had seen where she withdrew from, something about coal piles that made her feel back at home. taking in the scents, the mare would leap from the car, landing upon the divider of the train, again sniffing the air like a feral animal checking her surroundings.

"hmmm that stallion.. he seemed to sweat with fear.. a new member of the train no doubt"

She of course whispered this to her self, trotting towards the door of the first car, gently pushing it open. No doubt she'd get the looks from a few of the other passengers but this, she was used to, they always stared at the bat like mare though it didn't bother her and it was almost a kick to see the young run in fright of her appearance. Once she even convinced a guard that she was actually a thestral, on important business to Canterlot.. oh he knew soon enough she drew the first drop of blood. She preferred the blood of Equestrians, something she had decided upon she raided a village on the coast, western ponies seemed to have something more special about the crimson fluid that ran through their veins. Alas, she had digressed into though and now it was time to hunt, of course it'd be wise to be smart about this, she still needed the train to continue after all.

With a smirk, she would place her self where her saddle bag and umbrella was perched, whispering some old Gritish dialect to the rune so it would disperse. pulling a copy of Daring Do from the saddle bag, she'd get comfy, looking over the book with her sultry eyes, hoping to maybe catch the attention of some pervert who'd be easy target, though she still was half decided about going for the conductor who was rather rude.. even if it was in thought.
100% Herm Addict
100% Corruption

"and then.. how about a nice injection of Fox cream, lover" - Urta
CoC Fanfic 75% complete

Kittykitty501
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby VintageBass » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:25 am

It feels good to finally get that load off of my back. Getting to my seat, I took the moment to get all of my goods packed away and take the time to feel free after carrying all of that back here. I'm used to carrying some extra with me, but what again had me thinking of packing this much? It took me a second to realize that this place isn't exactly a tropical vacation, so having bundles of clothes to keep me warm was on the top of the list. I even have some small sweaters for the little furball sleeping in my pocket, and feeling him crawl around in my pocket has me chuckling. He's such a cute little goofball that Frisk...

Anyway, there's a train to explore. I'm supposed to be helping out on this place, right? I might as well get myself moving, check out more of the train and see just how well maintained the place is. The carpet does feel nice, like I want to simply lie in the middle of the lane and sleep here... and then block everyone else that wants to come trotting along. Plus this place does seem to have some stories attached to it and while I'm not one to go for a mystery like that, where I can get one from a Daring-Do book, something about this particular train intrigues me. That and some of the passengers are... odd. Those gazes don't seem to be right. What seems to be so special about me? I'm just a simple earth stallion looking to hitch a ride to this Horn Bellow place and take in whatever the place has to offer.

Well, I guess I could check out the train itself and see if the conductor himself needs any assistance up front. I do have to pass by the others... Maybe I can get a glimpse of whatever that one pegasus was reading before I approached her, maybe I can offer my own apologizes to that young stallion who bumped by me... or even learn about those dolls that old mare is making. Such lovely colors, but why a silver mane? Too many choices, but I feel work comes first. Plus maybe the conductor needs some companionship up front? It does get lonely having to drive this to where we're going, and having someone like me should be able to help out, and maybe I can watch him drive us to our destination. Yes, that'll do. I turn towards the front and trotted on up, making my way to meet up with the conductor and check up on how things are going!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Nanospliccer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:50 pm

Charcoal:

You come into the car where your belongings are hidden through the window, and it's as dark and dead silent as it was when you were awake last. You gently land onto the bench above your nest and gracefully lower yourself down to the soft carpeting of the car, temporarily nullifying your curse so as to recover your gear. You climb back onto the bench and lay yourself down, half-reading and half-watching for some delectable looking morsel to cross your path. You know it might be a bit of a wait, on a train like this one, but you're patient. You have lived for far longer than most, after all. What's a few more hours?

The car rattles over the cold rails as it, and you, are pulled further into the frigid night. Eventually, you start to see snow fall outside, a field of endless frozen stars almost like the true night sky, though you can see clouds behind them. Other than the white noise of the train, the car is silent, bereft even of the ticking of a clock, and you have no idea how long you're in here before she arrives.

She's a unicorn, young and beautiful, with a coat the colour of fallen leaves and a mane like caramel melting over her shoulders. Her mark is a pocketwatch with an iron chain, and her eyes gleam like gold despite her exhausted appearance. Her eyelids themselves are half-closed and encircled, and her steps are heavy and slow as she struggles to carry the weight of herself into your car. As she does, she looks over at you, adjusting her saddlebags on her back, and raises an eyebrow. She looks away for a second, rubbing her left eye with one hoof, then looks back to you.

"I'm... not dreaming, am I? You actually exist?" She asks, then looks down. "Actually, nevermind, don't bother. Even if you didn't exist, you'd probably tell me you did. Everypony wants to exist..." She levitates a small glass bottle from her bags, uncorking it with a small thum and taking a quick swig, coughing on whatever the contents were. She looks at the bottle, grimacing, before looking back to you.

"Well, at least now I know you exist in some capacity... At least, if you don't, it's not my fault that you exist right now." She says, looking you up and down. "I'm Timely. How did you get those wings? I want them."

Gearshift:

You strike out for the helm by way of the car that pegasus was in, hoping you can have a chat with her, maybe have her find her way to your car, and... spend the rest of the night there. You'll see what happens when you arrive, you suppose.

You exit you car, passing through one empty car before entering the one with the old unicorn. You didn't really get a good look at her before, but you can't quite help but notice her as you pass by her again. Her coat is the colour of maple leaves, and her long grey mane and tail flow around her like a still, icy river, ending just beneath the bench she's laid on. The shelf above her, the one commonly used for safekeeping of extra possessions, has only gotten more full of those little pony dolls that she makes, though she seems to have stopped now and is instead watching the snow outside the window with some clear nervousness in her eyes. Her mark, strangely, is a chicken's egg with a lit fuse running from the top, proudly emblazoned on her flank as though other ponies are supposed to know what it means. She still hasn't noticed you, and continues to stubbornly not notice you all the way until you leave.

Passing through another empty car, you find the one with the pegasus in it. As the door opens, her book closes again, and her head whips around to look at you, mid-length chocolate coloured mane flying around her as she does so. When she recognizes you, you think you almost see her smile, before she begins watching you silently once more. Her green coat attempts to hide a sort of ridiculously thin body, failing to do so for at least four ribs. Despite this, her flank, mostly covered in her dark brown tail, is somehow still rather full and lovely to appreciate, despite how much you may claim not to notice. On the right side, however, hidden mostly by the wall beneath the window, you notice, perhaps, a hint of scorched fur where her mark would be? At least the one on the left seems fine, bearing an image of an anvil being struck.

Outside, the wheels of this car rattle over the tracks, and the frost and crystal snow is beginning to collect on the windows. It's rather a good thing that you brought all of those clothes, since it's starting to appear as weather even a phoenix would find frigid.
Nanospliccer

Postby VintageBass » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:12 am

So then, gonna get by these strange, yet intriguing ponies to get to the conductor and learn a little about the train before it gets to our destination. Then again, I have all the time in Equestria since I'm on this line, so wandering about and checking out the others should more than be enough to pass my time. Frisk is asleep in my pocket and I don't want to bother him, so maybe there is somepony that can keep me company. That particular hunger I have doesn't seem to be around, although it loves to pop up at random times, so hopefully I don't scare off any mares, or stallions, when the "gearshift" decides to pokes its way out and my hunger needs to be sated. By the sun is it annoying to deal with...

OK, so maybe I don't have to worry about that when passing on by the elderly mare and her toys. I took a moment to see that she's all done with her doll making, and they're all sitting up on the shelf. They are so many of them, all looking very colorful despite them having the same mane color. Such a strange little detail to have for all of them. Plus seeing that the mare herself doesn't seem to be all that interested in me, looking out into the cold, wintery world outside, either she's not feeling that social or she simply wants to enjoy the world around her. I can't blame her for the latter, while the harshness outside got me shivering seeing the snow hitting the window, looking out into the white unknown has a unique charm and is rather comforting to watch. To see it all pass on by as the train moves along the tracks... it can certainly keep you busy and appreciate what this land has to offer. Although from the reflection there seems to be something she's nervous about, but I'm not going to pester her about it. I'll leave her be and continue my way forward.

Now the pegasus, we meet again... or, rather, encounter... I'm not going to dwell on that much further. Anyway, I'm coming up to her and once again she has that book tucked away, leaving me still wondering what is she reading that she wants to keep a secret from me. As I get closer, I notice that she doesn't seem to be in the best of shapes. How is she so thin? She looks like she hasn't eaten in a while and I'm beginning to feel some concern for her... although that flank of her does present itself to be rather soft and plump... I shake my head, trying to focus on the task ahead. But this mare, something about her just pulls me in and I can't seem to get away from her... dammit, why? Not to mention her mark does have me wondering about her profession. A scar like that seem to be she has dealt with fire at some point, possibly working with a smith if her anvil is by indication. The old unicorn's mark seems odd, but I guess her dollmaking is a hobby to keep her busy on the trip, but this mare before me...

All right, maybe the conductor can wait. I move on over to the pegasus and give her a cough to get her attention. Once I do, I'll just politely start up a friendly conversation, join her by her side... maybe get a peek at that book... I'll go with getting a seat with her first. "Excuse me, you don't mind if I join you?" I asked with a small smile, coming off warm despite the blistering cold outside. Oh it's going to be nice to have something warm in a few minutes...
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Kittykitty501 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:19 am

Time would pass in mere seconds for her, they say a vampire's long existence is capable due to their almost control of their own time within their minds, years can go by in months, days in mere minutes so a little waiting wouldn't phase her in the slightest, besides the beautiful weather outside of her window reminded her of the reason she decided to move to this town, it was supposed to have little sun light and was mostly covered by heavy clouds that'd block out any attempts of Equestria's monarch's sun to burn her coat and flesh. oh if only she could end that damned princess that lifted up such a horrific thing for the vampony.

Upon seeing the mare though, she'd snap out of her time trance to look upon her, eyeing the mare up as she got closer and closer and then finally she spoke to Charcoal, oh this poor dear may have just given her self to her, she did look quite delicious after all albeit a little crazy by the sounds of her. She would only smirk up at her, placing her book down upon the bench, finally speaking in a accent not so familiar to most Equestrians. She was from West Trotshire, Gritain after all. (Yorkshire XD).

"ey up, what have we got here? someone who questions her own sanity? to question if ah am here or not? what a peculiar question indeed but alas, ah am very real, as real as you can get. Ah must ask though.. what drew you to me? was it my forbidden nature? my cold complexion? is it just curiosity of my kind? or are you really that insane to approach me like you have done just now? though, you ask me about my wings? the only way to gain some like these is through me love.. or somepony like me"

oh she had to laugh a little but of course she had to remember not to scare this mare away, she could prove to be such a delicious snack and then some later down the line. One thing she knew she had to think about when setting up home in this new town was, she would need some fledglings, those would do all the dirty work or just be there to please this Mistress of the night.

"where are my manner though, a "Pleasure" to meet you lass, please take a seat if you so wish.. ah don't bite much, unless of course you're into that kind of thing"

She would grin widely, staring into the mares eyes would a sultry look, of course this would be her infamous vampiric stare, piercing her very soul with her ruby red eyes. awaiting her response, she would pull out a flask of tea and two cups, placing them upon the table in front of them, enticing her with a drink that wouldn't be so foul as the one she just drank.
100% Herm Addict
100% Corruption

CoC Fanfic 75% complete

Kittykitty501

Postby Nanospliccer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:34 am

Gearshift:

She flinches as you raise your foreleg to cough into, before watching you again with curious eyes as you address her. You see her glance from you to the book and back, and staring deeper into her lovely crimson eyes you find many mixed emotions... hope, fear, anxiety, and a sort of intelligence that you would not quite anticipate in a pegasus. Not that they're not intelligent in their own right, they simply... well, they're more focused on physical pursuits as a general rule. Right?

You stare into and through her, breathing the slight ashen hint she adds to the sterile air for only a second or two, and as you do she stares into you. You can tell she's trying to read you just as you did her, until after a time she forces her eyes down toward your hooves, lowering her head. A piece of her chocolaty mane falls into her eyes, and she doesn't even bother to move it, though she does ruffle her left wing a bit in a sort of nervous gesture. Her gaze slides from one hoof to the other and her eyes narrow a bit before she finally tries speaking.

"Um..." She pauses. There's a little wait, where both of you seem slightly confused on what to do next, before she speaks again.

"...yes." She says, looking back up to you, judging your reaction.

Charcoal:

The mare looks at you, confused. Then she looks out the window, slightly less confused, but still not entirely there. Then she looks back to you, a smug smile across her muzzle, seemingly with a complete understanding of what's going on. She steps a little closer, staring directly into your eyes, and you can see her horn glowing slightly.

"GraHaM and I have seen the squiggled paths of those who cross us for a long time, and we were on this train before it even existed. Yet, you think you're the dominant, here?" She says, brow low with determination and smile unfazed and unfading. "I can feel you in my mind, of course, missy. You don't have to explain any further, since I think GraHaM could tell you more about you than you could tell me about you, even if I decided that I was willing to hurt you for that information... Yet, I can still feel you in my mind, and that's further than you're supposed to be able to get. You're young, right? Great!" She giggles. "That means I don't have to hurt you at all, I think. Maybe. We'll see how this goes, huh?"

"So, first thing, I'm not the only pony on this train that trick of yours won't entirely work on, at least not yet. There are two other members of my family, and though they don't necessarily hate you in particular, there are many things like you that we used to hunt before they stopped coming to us. I'm sure you've seen some of them, and I know you've seen at least one. You have seen one, right? Oh, it's so fun to talk to one of your kind again! Though, there are other kinds, and some of them are more fun, like the weretimber I had chained up in my basement during his mating season? Hey, did you know that ponies can have litters? I do! It's kind of fun, actually! Though, of course, we had to give them up since they were sort of a teensy-weensy disgrace to the family. I did manage to make GraHaM convince Ma and Pa not to kill them, though, so I guess I have a few children wandering around the Everfree, now... Oh! sorry, I digress a bit too much. Pa says that I'll never bed anypony if it keeps up, since I'll never be able to find the point, but I've bedded many pointy points, and many pointless points, and points that technically weren't there at all, which was why I had to ask, you know... Vampony dust has an effect on your imagination, I think. That, or it just breaks your mind, which I think is also possible, since GraHaM has had a problem with the capitals in his name since he dusted Pa, even though I thought I'd set it up so perfectly..." The mare finally shuts up, and regards you again. "I forgot what I was talking about. I'm Braise! What's your name, and what's the name you used to have? Are they the same? Why?"
Nanospliccer

Postby Kittykitty501 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:05 am

Oh this mare was a curious one indeed, she knew more about her kind than any pony she'd stumbled or fed upon in the past. it was almost a little worrying for the light pink mare as she listened to the curious one in front of her. Who was this GraHaM she spoke off? where was he and how would she kill such a being if this went further than she'd like.

With a crook of her eyebrow though she'd bow her head in a form of respect to this one and her weird ways, trying to retain her calm posture but also to keep the one in front of her from stroking first if she did so. what she spoke of, keep a weretimber and by the sounds of it, had raped the being for his seed.. this actually brought a grin to her. Though something would disturb her, had these ponies slain her kind? she killed her kind before, noticing how they became nothing but dust, a dust that was considered valuable to the right people. again, she calm her self, gently sipping at the cup of tea in front of her without actually drinking anything.

"Miss, ah don't know who you or this Stallion you speak of are.. but you have certainly got my attention. am merely traveling to my next hunting ground and purely wish to feed, you should know how feral my kind can get when starved.. but again, where are my manners.. My name Is Charcoal Nightshade and yes its the same name I had from the very beginning.. though you keep calling me young, I maybe young in term of my vampire nature but I lived a full life almost as a mortal so I am wise and know when somepony maybe a threat to me. You? yes you are a threat to me, if I'm right in thinking you have killed my kind then you are most certainly a threat. I merely wish to travel and enjoy the place of night, to hunt through the day as well as night. I do hope you haven't come over to me to try and end my attempt"

She'd flash a grin to her, baring her set of razor sharp fangs as she did. Her Red eyes would not leave this mare and as much as she tried to stay confident, inside a slight fear would be telling her to either run or fight but she was still trying to stay calm, it seems this mare could read her just as much as she could read her. one thing she'd find a little comfort in though was that fact that she spoke so often of sleeping with ponies she came across, of course Charcoal was rather lusty in the terms of both blood and of course.. the sweet nectar that came from the nethers.

"you speak of sleeping with my kind Love, though what do you do after is what I'm more concerned over.. most of my victims I tend to have fun with first before drinking them dry"
100% Herm Addict
100% Corruption

CoC Fanfic 75% complete

Kittykitty501

Postby VintageBass » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:17 am

Hmm, seems to be a festive looking pony by her colors, with also bringing up images of ice cream... a shiver went down my spine thinking of the chilly treat. Now doesn't seem like an appropriate to enjoy cold when it's freezing outside, although in here it is rather nice and warm... Looking into her eyes, I can see the mix of fear and hope, wondering if maybe having somepony like me to keep her company would be nice, perhaps bring her some extra warmth on this train ride into the wintry land ahead of us. There is also something going on through her head that has these mixed emotions clashing inside of her, like why she seems to be nervous whenever I pass on by her and hiding away that book of hers. Something to help me out so I can get a conversation rolling and maybe, just maybe, there could be a little more bumping on the rails...

What am I kidding? Am I really going to get this lucky on this line? During my time working on the tails and meeting all sorts of strange mares and stallions, never once have I gotten the chance to be dragged back to their rooms and got to drive them, or ride me as it were. What is this particular mare going to do for me that isn't going to be different from the others? She seems reserved about something, very anxious too, and me pestering her is probably not going to do too much for me other than looking like some rude pony bugging her with some inane questions all to satisfy my curiosity.

Well, it's worth a shot. And hey, she actually responded! All right! I lit up with a warmer smile on my face, gratefully taking up this chance to sit myself by this lovely mare and finally get going on this detour of mine. I politely ask for some extra room, if she isn't taking too much of the seat and just to have some extra space between us just in case, before taking my seat next to her, and I look on ahead, not really too sure on what my next move should be. Actually, an introduction may be the best thing. Seeing as there is a little bit of tension between the two of us, I might as well start with getting to know what to call each other and hopefully see where things play out. "Hello, my name is Gearshift, it's a pleasure meeting you," I said to the pegasus. OK, that's done and over.

... What do I say next? Nothing on that book, that's a bit sudden to ask. I can't ask anything too personal, like with that scar she has, although it does give me a couple of ideas... and I rather not ask her anything that'll have me thrown out into the coldness outside. Come on, there has to be something that I can ask that could be good to ask... wait, I got it! "So what brings you out here? Got anything special waiting for you once we arrive?"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Nanospliccer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Charcoal:

Braise giggles. "A threat? I'm only a threat when you're a threat, which you totally could be, by the way, and if I wasn't so confident in my ability to kill you I'd probably be just terrified, but I'm only really dangerous if you are, and I've known plenty of ponies like you who weren't. Actually, you might know a few! Have you seen Dirtroad around? I haven't talked to that duster in... I don't even remember how long. I wonder what he's doing now? Oh! Probably only feeding enough to keep himself satisfied, while only feeding on species that can't be turned, like he should be doing." Her eyes narrow and shift to the side, and her horn glows a little darker as she intones the words "...or else."

"Anyway!" She says, looking back at you, her usual attitude returning to her. "Based on your looks, you can't have lived that long before you were turned, and you definitely haven't lived too long after. You'd be all... grey, and messed up and stuff. Good news, though! That means I can still convince you to be a good duster before I have to kill you, especially since we seem to be headed the same direction. 'The place of night', you called it? Cool name! Much better than boring ol' Horn Barrow... Anyway, um, if you're going to go in there and start biting ponies all willy-nilly then you and I are going to have a bit of a... conflict of interest? Is that the right term? Anyway, we'd have it, so why don't you promise not to try to kill me, and I'll have a seat nearby, promise not to kill you, and we'll talk so we don't have to. Don't have to conflict interestingly, rather, not not having to talk. We technically only wouldn't have to talk if you refused to not try and kill me now. Speaking of which, have you seen a sort of smaller colt without a mark somewhere? I've been looking for him. He's a lot like you, you know, only, I suppose, not anything like you at all. But somewhat like you. I need to kill him too, basically."

She finishes her speech and looks at you, one eyebrow raised and her smile turning more warm and less cocky. You are quite certain that you've never met 'Dirtroad' or this grey colt of hers.

Gearshift:

She watches you all the way until you take a seat nearby, sliding the little book further away from you. Her ears perk up and swivel swiftly in your direction just as you begin to open your mouth and speak, listening intently and twitching slightly at each and every hard syllable. When you finish, she looks away again, focusing instead on the back cover of her book, and nods. She opens her own muzzle slightly, and you hear an intake of breath as though she's about to form that breath into words, but whatever those words would have been dissipates on her tongue and she shuts back up again. You can see... the hint of a blush on her cheeks, at least, so you think. Nervously, she rubs one hoof over the cover of her little book, and then stays silent for a time.

Around thirty seconds pass, and she finally seems ready to try again. She looks up at you and says "...I hope, at least..." She looks away, expecting her part to be finished, but almost as soon as she does so her eyes widen in surprise and she looks back at you. "Um, my name is..." She pauses on the word, furrowing her eyebrows. "...Cordial? I think..." She looks down again, blushing deeper. "...sorry, it's difficult to remember..." She mumbles something you can't quite understand, though you believe she said the words 'ulterior motives'.

Throm:

The dark sky sees a lone winged traveller, far higher than an owl and far too small to be a dragon, or even a gargoyle. His wickedly curved beak and the natural stare of a bird of prey glint and glare in the moonlight most, leaving the rest of the body naught but a blot in the stars, only seen to those looking hard enough. Here in the clouds, high above forsaken lands, the gryphon rules perhaps even more than he used to back in the cradle of his kind to the far east. There, he was nary but a rogue and a thug to all but those who knew him best, and even to those he was not much more. Here, however, well... there's fortune to be made in the dark, and who better to make it than he who made it somewhere where there wasn't more than one coin to go around?

Of course You've been travelling quite a ways for a while, and by aching wing and exhausted mind you realize that you may not be able to make it to your destination quite yet. Which a general sound of frustration, be it grunt or growl or sigh, you decide the best course of action might be to leave the increasingly frosty air to warm up a bit and find yourself a roost to replenish yourself for the last of the journey. Scanning the ground, you notice a set of still lights on the ground, which... wait, scratch that, a set of lights that's somehow keeping up with you. Spilling some of the air from your wings and gliding a little lower, you realize through the snow and groggy fog that by some stroke of luck there's a train just beneath you, which you must have been following for quite a ways now without noticing. Whether they've noticed you or not is another story entirely, but you can't possibly think of a better place to rest than the warm, cozy cabin of a train that's moving the same direction you would be anyway.

Gently, you touch down on the top of the train, talons coldly attempting to grip on the iron roof. Your wings fold onto your back, and you get a strange feeling of nausea by travelling so fast without flying by your own volition, but at least that wakes you up enough to steady yourself and consider what your next move is. Wind whips past your ears and pulls at your feathers, flakes of ice starting to stick to you now that you're not moving, stinging your eyes and leeching the heat from your coat. The warmth of the train is starting to look real appealing.
Nanospliccer

Postby Firehead » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:39 pm

On powerful wings Throm glided through the skies. His scarf had been pulled up to wrap around his head leaving only his eyes to be seen. He was starting to get tired again. For days he had been flying for hours before stopping to rest on any cloud he could find, but today he had passed into a place of terrible cold. He could feel the crystals of ice in his coat and the feathers of his neck. Only the beating of his wings had kept them from getting iced. The ground was probably cold too, but he simply couldn't fly indefinitely, and he had no idea how much further he had to go.

Scanning the ground he spotted the lights and at first thought he may be passing over a village in this forsaken frozen wasteland. That couldn't be since it soon became clear the lights were moving too. Pulling his wings in tight to his sides he fell into a dive to take a closer look. It looked to be a train, and it was heading in his direction. He was sure they wouldn't want him on, but what was the worst they could do? Probably just kick him off when they found him. Already warmed and closer to his destination. There wasn't much reason not to take the chance.

Landing up on the roof of one of the further back carts he hoped their would be less eyes to see him sneak in. He looked over the side at the windows, but they were clearly too small for him to fit. He looked down between the last two carts to find the doors that allowed one to move from car to car. jumping down he found the protection from the wind was a marked improvement. Shaking off to get the ice out he strode into the cart like he had no doubt he belonged.
Firehead

Postby VintageBass » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:06 pm

Is it me or does the air feel more chillier inside than it does outside? It might be given just how cold things are getting between me and this pegasus, With the snow hitting the window and moving ever so deeper into the snowy world, my whole body shudders from this cold I'm experiencing. Maybe I'm not used to these kind of temperatures, and joining along side a mare who seems to be nervous about things isn't helping me whatsoever. I mean, I would definitely act uncomfortable when some strange pony comes up and asks for a seat next to you and try my best to avoid having a conversation with them. However something about this mare seems to stick out to me and just how she's acting around me just makes me want to dig deeper and learn all I can without scaring her off. Then again, with how things are, there isn't much room to escape to...

Anyway, I at least got her name but not on why she is coming out here. All right, that's fine. It can be a little too personal to ask such a question and I'm fine with that. Plus if she's having a hard time remembering things, then remembering why she's traveling out here isn't going to answer my question. Instead, I'll just focus on what I know and take it from there. "Cordial, huh? That's a lovely name," I replied, softly smiling towards her. She thinks? Does this girl have some kind of amnesia? If that scar is any indication, she must've gotten hit on the head and suffering quite a bit. It's probably better not to press on her, just in case it brings something up and it really brings a lot of pain.

But there's that mention of "ulterior motives" that caught my attention. What does she mean by that? Sure I do want to get a peek into that book but outside of that I have no other qualms with her. Plus she's been eyeing me for some time and she is getting all flustered around me, so there's something else going on that either I'm not fully understanding or something I'm not getting. "I'm sorry to intrude, if it means anything. I noticed you were looking at me and I thought you might needed some companionship on this train ride. If you want me to go, then I'll take my leave, otherwise I don't mind sitting here with you and enjoying this trip together." It probably beats the other ponies on the train and sitting by myself, so I might as well get something out of this.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Kittykitty501 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:10 pm

"let me get this straight Miss before I agree to anything that you have asked me. You want me to kill my own kind? you know that is a crime punishable by death by the Council of Elders? You're lucky I don't follow such religious fools but what, well more importantly, what will I gain from this huh? don't tell me protection because I've managed just fine on my own, travelled all across Equestria without being caught once. You speak of me not feeding all willy nilly in this new place I hope to call home? oh I have my own ideas of what I'd like from my new home. To start my own little harem of sorts but before you think that will be uncontrolled then I'll stop you. I don't drain to turn no, I drain to death, oh I'm sure you know that to drain one dry will be the death of them, no turning. The only ones I'd turn will be those I trust and see potential Darling"

She pause and turn her gaze towards the window, her eyes fixed upon a mountain in the distance. Glowing a little brighter as she was in mid thought, she'd try to hide her thoughts from this mare but of course if she couldn't then she'd know. Upon her mind was her maker, the one who betrayed her and left her for death. one she actually tracked down and turned to dust. If the girl was in her mind, she'd she the scene take place.

An opera house within Manehatten, atop where the light fittings were, there sat Charcoal, holding the Stallion by the throat, anger, hatred.. lust burning in her eyes. as the crescendo of the song below them reached its climax, she push his face into the light rigging, holding him there until he literally combusted into flames. she let him go he fell, an inferno of flames as he fell to the ground below. Of course the vision would end there, snapping her self out of the thought as she turned to the mare.

"I won't harm you, I just hope you can leave me to own devices, let me settle and hunt in peace. I will help you, for a price of course but you have my word that I won't harm you or any or your associates.. also, you speaking about the Colt I saw galloping to and fro down the train? try the next carriage"
100% Herm Addict
100% Corruption

CoC Fanfic 75% complete

Kittykitty501

Postby Nanospliccer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Throm:

You stumble through the doors out of the cold, too tired to maintain a purely confident demeanor. You regain your composure quickly enough, however, and there's nopony in the car anyway. You close the door behind you to shield yourself from the harsh winds, locking the howling cold out there in the starlit dark as you begin to warm up. The car is rather nice, being yet another beacon of the wealth of Equestria when they have soft carpeting and cushioned benches and metal trimmings and all, despite the lack of anypony to appreciate it.

Well, now you're here, and perhaps you can appreciate it better than any pony could.

Anyway, it looks like you haven't been noticed yet, or if you have you've been underestimated. However, you do have somewhere to be, and you have no idea if this train will really get you there. You do have a rudimentary understanding of these contraptions, however, and you know that the conductor tells the train where to go, and he/she's normally at the front. The question is, how many passengers are between you and them, and how many of them will know you shouldn't be here?

Gearshift:

"No..." She says. She grabs the book in her mouth, getting up. As she goes to lower herself beneath the bench, you can see the side of her she was hiding until now. Her right wing is a scraggly stunted mess, missing feathers in spots where the flesh underneath is the colour of coal. It seems to have been broken in a dozen places, and never quite set properly, and it looks fragile enough that a strong wind might pull it off of her back. The only thing keeping it together enough to stay, it seems, is a makeshift binding that seems quite intricately set across many different points on the useless wing, though no matter how functional it is, it definitely does not look professional. The white cloth is pinned in place with thorns and twigs, and hangs loosely off of the wing in places. Her mark shows similar damage to her wing, with blackened fur and flesh breaking up the image. There are two remarkably straight lines of similar burning across that entire side of her body.

She reemerges, and the book is gone. She takes her seat again next to you, hiding her damaged side against the wall of the train again.

"You're not intruding, but..." She still seems rather hesitant to speak. "Well... you're not intruding..." She says, looking down at the bench again.

Charcoal:

"What? Kill your own... Oh! No, silly, duster's just a term for your kind! Remember? When you die, all of this dust comes outta you in a big poof! It's kinda cool, actually. But no, I'd never ask you to be a hunter, you couldn't take it. You'd probably go mad or something. I dunno, I've never seen it. Actually, now I'm wondering how that would work... Anyway, um, couple'a things. First, no killing neither. Trust me, I wish I could say otherwise, since I know one or two ponies on this train that I would like to see dead in a snowdrift somewhere with a couple of holes in 'em, but it might just kill Ma if I actually let one of you do somethin' like what happened last time, so no, no killing. Trust me, I will know. I don't really want to kill you, though, so I think we could work something out. You know about the other equine races? Zebras and mules and such? Yeah, well, turns out that they, along with unicorn ponies, actually can't turn to your kind. They can still die, of course, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you have some self-control. Why don't you make a harem of those? I don't remember what you guys call them, 'gulls', or something like that, but that's a thing you can do, right? That should make their lives a little better possibly, keep you well occupied, and I won't have to kill you. Win-win!" She grins warmly, seeming genuinely happy to have thought of such a peaceful solution.

"Oh, also? The colt I'm after doesn't gallop. He doesn't technically have the strength to... though, he also technically doesn't actually exist. You know what? It's a long story, and I don't think you'd really understand. Are you sure I can't have those wings? Others I've seen of your kind don't have those wings... unless you're a different kind. What did your maker call himself before you butchered him? That was a sweet burn, by the way. I don't know if I ever would have considered a stage light... I didn't even know that would work."
Nanospliccer

Postby Firehead » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:54 am

Strom was able to keep his composure as well as he'd hoped when he staggered into the warmth of the train car. No building he'd ever been in had ever held the cold at bay so well. For a moment he presumed there must be a fire somewhere, but a cursory glance revealed no flames to him. The fibers of the carpet felt soft against his talons and the cushions of the benches looked even softer. The car was worth more than the house he grew up in, and yet no one occupied the place. These ponies in their vast wealth were certainly no strangers to waste. Soon enough he would have his chance for such wealth of his own, but there were many steps to follow before that would happen.

While the train had seemed to be heading in the same direction, the possibility of the tracks turning away did concern him. The idea of asking the conductor for the destination had crossed his mind, but he soon threw the notion away as unlikely to help. If he wasn't notable enough just from appearance to be spotted as not belonging the fact that he didn't know the train's destination would give him away. What he needed was a way to find it out without anyone ever suspecting he never knew. Surely one of the passengers held something hinting at the destination that they wouldn't notice disappearing for just a few moments. Resting a short while to allow the warmth to sink into his body and chase out the chill, Strom finally approached the door that would lead him toward the front of the train. As he made his way through the next car or two he would keep his eyes sharp for anyone who wasn't alert or anything left unattended.
Firehead

Postby Kittykitty501 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:29 am

"you expect me not to kill? to feed on the much less superior races of the Equine nature? they don't taste merely as good as the tough and hearty Earth ponies or the cocky, full of selves, Pegasi. you're actually asking me to cut out a very important factor in my diet"

Of course the last part would bring another fang filled grin to the Bat pony, of course as well, her original statement of superior races? she was from the older days where ponies were quite racist to the other Equines par of the course the main 3. She would look to the mare, listening intently as she spoke to her about what she could do instead. Of course a harem was something she planned on but this would need cattle, in the form of the purest blood. She couldn't really tell what the meaning of this was all together, was she threatening her? was she somepony who would actually provide a great threat? was there really anything to back up the words this mare spoke to Charcoal. A raise of her eyebrow, along with another smirk, she would speak again.

"listen, I tell you this now. you bring me some cattle who are willing to feed a blood sucker like me or even just serve me then we have a deal but I do not want to stop feeding on Earth ponies, nor Pegasi. As easy as it is to turn these, they still have the finest blood to offer one like me"

Upon hearing the mare ask about her maker, it made her certain that the mare could indeed she her thoughts and for a second she would look back out of the window. Thinking about him once again.

"he was beautiful, a Rust coloured Stallion with looks that could make any young mare flail or even faint in awe. Black, wavy hair that seemed to flow so naturally as if it was suspended in water. I only knew him as Master at the time, he was of course.. more dominant in nature.. his name though was Lord Blackfire. Never did get his first name but he owned the mines I used to work in.. " she'd have more of angry grimace form upon her maw "he took me from the mines, promised me wealth, sex, everything a young mare at the time could ask for.. of course it all went to shit soon enough.. I found my self at the tips of his fangs.. loosing energy by the second. if it wasn't for those Dogs.. I'd be dead.. but in away.. my new canine friends allowed me to become what I am today. Too answer your question, I am from the Vampire bat blood pool, I don't know where it originated from but I know my maker was turned by someone from Prance. (pony version of France.. its on the map XD) The Wing though? purely because I was a Pegasus before I was turned.. those who are Earth ponies or even Unicorns don't get the wings"
100% Herm Addict
100% Corruption

CoC Fanfic 75% complete

Kittykitty501

Postby VintageBass » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:39 pm

As she got up, I got a look at her scarred side a bit more, finally getting why she is hiding away from others. That looks horrible, and the fact that her wing is being held up like that is a bit worrying in a way. Whoever did that isn't that great at constructing a good cast to keep the wing attached. I think me blowing on it will probably break it, so I'll avoid doing anything that might hurt the wing further. In fact, I might be able to make something better to help give her something that could not only serve to mend and help heal the wing into a better shape, but also maybe make it more functional than it already is. I just need to get some extra supplies to actually make it and a couple of days, but it should be a better job than what she has...

Of course, that is if she allows me to touch it and fix it up. I never really handled such an injury like that in my work, but there were a few times where I did crafted walking assistants for some ponies after an accident. Never have I worked on a pegasus since I work more on the rails, but it never hurts to help out another pony, especially as someone as lovely as her. That scar is certainly questionable, more so on how she acquired it and I really need to pester her about it if I'm going to be able to do something with her other than having this awkward conversation.

Then here she comes, no book in hoof and I'm disappointed about that. Curse me not being able to bring up the questions that I really wanted to ask. Oh well, it's too late on that. Perhaps now I should move towards asking about herself, maybe get into finding about that scar and who mended her wing. "All right. So, what kind of work do you do?" Let's go with that. "I work on the trains while also making inventions on the side. Yours seems a bit... dangerous. At least I can guess by..." I stopped myself, wondering if I should continue to talk about her scar. No, I have to. "Who did your wing? Maybe I can help in getting a better cast for it?"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Nanospliccer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Strom:

Each connection between the cars gives the cold a brief opportunity to mug you like a desperate alleybird grasping for loose bits, and gives you a brief opportunity to feel thankful that you're not back out there. You can swear it wasn't this cold when you were flying a few minutes ago, but maybe the car's so well-heated that you're just not used to it anymore. In either case, it speeds you from car to car like a spur in your flank, sending you out one door and in the other faster than if a dragon was nipping at your tail.

You pass through one more empty car, then swiftly move through the portal on the opposite side. The next car is different from the others you've seen, made of a lighter, more birch-like wood and much more heavily decorated from the outside. The paneled walls surrounding the door betray a clean coat of gleaming white paint through the frost and snow collecting on the car, and the door itself is made mostly of glass with an iron bar crossing the center at chest height. Across the top the word 'Dining' is emblazoned in bold black text, just above a little grey board apparently stuck to the glass that reads 'Closed'. Despite this, you can see movement inside through the increasingly opaque glass, and ignoring the sign for a second leads you to find that the door would swing open easily. As the cold starts to bypass your feathers and bite into your skin, you find yourself ignoring the sign completely just long enough to get inside the damned door...

Inside, there are six tables, each standing away from the aisle near the row of windows that lines the walls of this car, excluding the door. The light hanging from the ceiling is on, though glancing at it you can't quite tell how, since you can't smell gas and definitely don't see dripping wax. Regardless, the light illuminates a single passenger in the car, seated alone at the center of three tables on the left side. His equine ears perk up as the door opens, and he has dropped the quill from his mouth and turned to face you by the time it has closed. He's a slightly porky pony, built like an earth but without any of the muscle that usually entails. His bright cherry coat clashes in quite a mesmerizing way with his short electric-yellow mane which fades to grey near the roots. His eyes, surrounded with marks of age and exhaustion, turn a curious-yet-not-quite-caring expression toward your arrival, which grows wider and more interested as he truly takes a look at you.

"Er... hullo? Is, um, problem?" He asks, his accent nearly swallowing the words, before he visibly looks away and thinks for a second. "Let me try again: Hello! Is there a problem? You don't look staff, in fact... You don't look like you belong here at all, being honest." He says, muzzle breaking into a knowing grin. "Ah, but, being friendly, I don't belong here either, though I am certain I paid far more than you did for this honour. Come! Have seat. There are plenty, after all, and not one flank to fill them!" He says, motioning to the three other chairs at his table. His ever-widening grin reveals at least three false teeth in his maw, two gold, one grey. With your sharp vision, you pick up on the little dance he did with his hind legs and the bags beneath the seat, moving them further beneath the table and likely trying to hide them from the, er, likes of you.

Charcoal:

"Well... yeah, to be honest, I am kinda expecting you not to kill, and I'm also sorta expecting you not to turn anypony either. Come on, I've convinced badder baddies than you to give up all but animal blood, the least you could do would be just stop killing folks, eh?" She looks away, and her horn finally stops glowing. "I guess... think of it this way. If your master had been given an opportunity like this, he'd still be alive, and you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. The way I see it, why force others to go through what you've gone through, huh? Why not just... live and let live, so to speak? Sure, it's weaker blood... I guess. I suppose I wouldn't know. But is that really such a price to pay for holding onto the rest of your humanity? It's like switching from top-shelf pear wine to... I dunno, middle-shelf pear wine? I don't drink..." She looks down at the carpet, seeming lost in thought for a moment.

Suddenly, her ears perk up, and she looks back at you. "Oh! Um, also, I am sorry for your loss. Both of your life and the only pony who's probably ever cared about you. O'course, this is including whoever must have nursed you back to health after your... well." She coughs. "They can't have been ponies, or... well, you wouldn't be here, either because they knew how to deal with you properly or they killed you. What, dragons? Griffons? Changelings? I hear they love vampires because of their strange relationship with love... Anyway, it's not important. What's important is that the deal still stands. Either you will stop turning or killing ponies, or you'll have to deal with me and GraHaM. Of course, it's GraHaM you'll really have to worry about, since he's a stallion, and... well, he doesn't like killing anything. I think he got sick of it. Maybe. Hasn't lost his sexual appetite, though. I think he takes after me, which... brings a tear to my eye. Mostly because I'm happy, but partly because I'm sad. You've dealt with that before, right? Happy-sadness? No, knowing your kind, probably just sadness... Sorry about that." She places a hoof over yours. "Anyway, I think we've talked enough about this. Either I'll change your mind or I won't, and either way, I'll know when we reach town. By the way, I still want those wings." She says, looking into your eyes. "Anything else you need from me before I continue my search? Still have a grey colt to find, after all."

Gearshift:

She looks up at you, a slight suspicion in her eyes. "I... used to work, um..." She takes a deep breath, before continuing. "...at a... manufacturing facility, for... um, firestarting... tools." she says, almost seeming unconvinced by her own words. "I didn't make the inventions, just... tested them..." She looks back at her injured side.

"Um... I did my wing, a-and I know it's not... I couldn't do any better..." She looks back to you, looking you in the eyes, peering deep into you to attempt to find something she clearly needs to be very certain of. Eventually, she lowers her gaze again, exhaling sharply through her nostrils. "I really think it's beyond repairing, but... I... well, you could... try..." She looks away, looks back, and sighs. "I need to ask, first, though... You're not here to look at my wing, I know that, I'm not... well, I don't think I'm stupid..."

"...You're here because he paid you to bring me back, aren't you? Well... you've found me, I suppose..."

*Note: Since this should be a much faster interaction than it has been and you are separated at the moment, message me on Skype to do this interaction over that.
Nanospliccer

Postby Firehead » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:18 pm

As Strom moves to the next car he finds the cold much more frigid than he remembers it. The bitter chill greedily steals what heat has had time to sink into his bones leaving only more cold to replace it. Had it gotten colder in the past few minutes, or had he just not realized how numb he had gotten flying up there? Either way being forced off the train had become a much more upsetting prospect to him. He sincerely hoped the train was leading him closer to his destination, or he'd have to leave it of his own volition.

As he moved to the next cart he found it too was empty. His beak curled up in a smile. How could these ponies be so wasteful as to have two whole cars without passenger to occupy them. At least it played into his own talons. It likely wouldn't matter if they threw him out. He would only need to catch back up and use the empty cars to hide himself. After he found the trains destination, he would come back and see about a proper hiding spot to hold him over.

Moving quickly he came to the next car. Its door was more elaborately decorated compared to the others, and Strom didn't quite see the point. The sign indicated it was a dining area, and that it was closed, but he could see signs of movement through the glass. This would be his first encounter with anyone else on the train. Entering he looked through the car. He is momentarily confused by the light but passes it off as probably magical in some way. Beneath the light is an old, portly stallion. The color of his coat and mane clash horrendously, and Strom can't help but think he would be better off if it all went grey.

The stallion invites him to sit. Some of his teeth are missing a few have been replaced with gold as if it were as common as stone. He can't help but notice the way he hides his bags under the table. If the old fool hadn't moved them Strom may not have even noticed them without having to look. In addition he pushed them away from himself where he might not even feel them being touched if Strom could be subtle about it. It was obvious the stallion realized he didn't belong here, but he seemed uninterested in turning him in. Sitting opposite the old stallion he smiled amicably. "I guess exchanging words with a stranger might pass the time. What might you be referring to when you say this honour?" While he began to converse, Strom slowly snaked his tail under the table. No pony could pull such a thing off with their own so called tail, so perhaps this one simply didn't know what he was dealing with. Strom would carefully explore the outside of the bags trying to figure out just what he was dealing with.
Firehead

Postby Kittykitty501 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:40 am

She had to look to the side again, almost starting a few minutes of awkward silence as her ruby red stared outside. Again, she'd be in deep though, watching the mountains move in an almost panoramic view. It wasn't worth creating an enemy straight away and this mare seemed like she would prove to be a foe and a strong one if she refused her. It would bring a sigh to her but she was finally ready to answer.

"Fine, you have ma word Miss Braize, I won't be happy to cut out the most purest of blood from my diet but you have a deal, I just hope that not killing and living on the weak will keep me for being feral love.. I've been there, got the bounty on my head and if anything, I'm still on the run from Trottingham. Doesn't matter if I tell you but the bounty ranked up 10,000 bits before I left, can you imagine it?" she had to chuckle, shaking her head "They still didn't expect a cute little Vampire bat to by the Mare her self. You say we vamponies know nothing but sadness though? far from it actually, I've had so much fun trying each town, from Canterlot, to Ponyville, from Los Pegasus to Manehatten.. you Equestrian ponies taste so divine, as I've said before"

"anyway, I digress again. you have my word.. my killing spree will stop for you.. oh and they were Diamond Dogs, cute little beings they were. Taught me how to find gems, much to their sadness though, I was never able to find them as easily as somepony like.. what was her name? lovely gal.. Rarity! that's it. I would've sank my fangs into her throat after that fitting with her.. but alas I sensed if I killed her, I'd have more than just a bunch of Pissed of friends. So this town we're heading to? is It true what they say? is it truly a haven for my kind, in terms of sunlight? now I'm sure you know, the sun is.. rather bad for my complexion so when I heard one of my kind refer Horn Harrow as the City of Night.. I just had to come. Of course though, we can.. take this conversation somewhere else.. I can show you what these wings of mine can do"

She would smirk a little at this, blowing a cheeky kiss to the mare in front of her, the table that divides them would hide a hind hoof, lifting up to gently probe against the under thighs of the mare. Her coat would be cold to the touch but would no doubt raise the hairs of her coat a little. "what do you say.. sugar?"
100% Herm Addict
100% Corruption

CoC Fanfic 75% complete

Kittykitty501

Next

Return to Roleplay