Warhammer 40,000: Inquisition

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisition

Postby Hazard1325 » Mon May 30, 2016 4:47 am

Faye
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Revving the chainblade seemed to make the figure pause in the entryway but as Faye swept her arm down the axe came up to knock it aside and a huge man dressed in dark grey leathers and a thick cloak shoved his away in. His hood was more a mask, in the center of it Faye could see one of the blasphemous marks of chaos painted in blood. The two exchanged a quick series of blows, the large man using his bulk and strength to shove Faye around or outright knock aside her attacks while the pit fighter dodged and weaved making quick strikes rather than risking getting caught in the hands of that brute. After a long flurry of blows Faye finally see's the opening she needs, rolling around to the side after dodging a powerful overhand swing she sinks her blade into the large mans leg and sends blood spraying across the nearby furniture. The man lets out an agonized cry as he's dismembered and left on the ground writhing.

Ash & Rosette

As Ash moves forward to carry out her plan she can see the officer is standing and walking towards Rosette, he briefly turns his back towards the entrance which is all the time she needs. Slipping in and quickly incapacitating the doorguard with a well placed strike she moves forward pressing the laspistol against the back of his head. The officer freezes up quiet understandably. "House Drall will be here shortly at which point they will take you into custody. I suggest you lower that weapon or you may never leave this sector." He said as sweat began to break out across his brow.

Helen

From the awkward angle Helen's kick doesn't seem to phase the ork much even with the power armor. She's able to slip out from under him for a second just to be pulled back down by her legs. His big groping hands begin to tear at her power armor again but he seems to have trouble removing it without outright smashing Helen. Eventually he lets out an angry growl and delivers a strong blow to her head and knocks her unconscious.

When she awakes she finds herself being hoisted over one shoulder and taken back into the cold wastes the orks of this planet seem to inhabit. Eventually they enter a cave where the ork and some of his remaining boyz take Helen to a large chamber that seems to be built of black jagged bone like structures. Helen is tossed to the ground in the center unceremoniously and the orks seem to spread out in the chamber watching. A strange tear seems to split open a hole in space and a figure steps out in black. Helen's heart sinks for a moment as she recognizes the tall slender build of a Dark Eldar raider.

Silus

"This is madness! We must flee!" One of the nearby soldiers shouted just before the garrison commander swung his greatsword to cleave the man in half. "No running! Listen to the inquisitor, bring up the black powder and shatter that gate!" He ordered. The men quickly sprang into action and within a few minutes they were pilling up barrels of explosives under the archway as the spear men worked to keep the orks back long enough for this plan to work.
Hazard1325

Postby exalted » Mon May 30, 2016 5:10 am

"I'm afraid you are quite mistaken," Rosette sighed politely, deciding it was time to end the charade, "House Drall shall shortly be taken into custody by us."

Taking her hands out from inside her habbit sleaves she dangled the Inquisitorial signet for all the security officers to see.

"Now I believe it is time for you to eat those words and put me down, as I previously instructed." She smiled, "Or shall I have Calpernia give you a new facial opening."

If she was let down she would ask a secretary for a pen and paper before handing them to the guard.

"Now what were those words you needed to eat?"
exalted

Postby Gorbaz » Mon May 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Blood pumping in her veins, Faye slashed, parried, and dodged as she struggled against the chaotic intruder. Any thoughts of there potentially being a peaceful resolution to the encounter vanished as she fought, adrenaline pumping, heart pounding, excitement etched on her face. The big man was more powerful than her bar far, but clearly aiming to end the fight in a single swipe. Faye thought the same way, but she had grown up with gangs, been forced into professional pit-fighting, and even stood in battle against Tyranid beasts. This is what she lived for. Also, the more she exerted herself, she more she could feel her body getting excited thanks to the bio-venom that she had absorbed all that time ago.

A single duck and swipe, followed by an arterial spray of blood spelled the end of the fight as her chainblade bit through flesh, muscle, and bone. The big man's leg came off below the knee, and he collapsed, ichor spurting out all over the walls, bed, and Faye herself. As he collapsed, she wasted no time pouncing on top of him with a predatory grin on her face only accented by the blood splashed across her skin. "Best fight I've had in a long time" she taunted as she straddled him, placing her chainblade close to his neck and stared down into his eyes. "Let's hope you don't bleed out too quick, huh? I'd like a rematch at some point, winner takes the looser". With a chuckle, she swung up off of him and pulled the bedclothes up and over herself, trying to cover her arm. Taking a deep breath she yelled "MEDIC!", hoping to attract the attention of someone who could at the very least staunch the flow of blood. Faye knew she was good at causing wounds, not so much at patching them up.

As a final aside, she bent down and picked up the warrior's weapon, hefting it in her hands. "Nice axe" she said. "Think I'll keep it"
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Phoenixcz » Tue May 31, 2016 1:01 am

House Drall? What's that? What's going on? Ash hopes Rosette knows what she's doing. She presumably spoke with the officer before the current trouble started, so she should at least have more information than the assassin.

The inquisitorial symbol overcomes her last doubts. And it seems like her new name is going to stick for while. Ash doesn't knows what's the officer's eating of his words about, but she steps back from him and lower her weapon, though she stays alert and doesn't puts it away completely- just in case.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby lilgrunt1 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:53 am

as I thought I was going to make it I was dragged and bash in the head my vision going black hoping I wasn't being ravaged that the emperor had cast his light on me.

after I woke up my heart was pounding, I didn't recognize where I was or what time it is , but then I was thrown into the middle surrounded by orks she knew she was going to be raped do to the bigger ones phallus from earlier ,so iwas panicked glad they couldn't remove my armor.

until she saw a flash and noise of afamiliar set of armor straight from my childhood night mares I look at his symbol and it matched the one on my cheek , I began to crawl away shouting in fear."No! not you again no!"
lilgrunt1

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:17 am

Now was the time to win the battle they had the men and resources to kill and slaughter the orcs now. In a war most forces rely on attrition to end a war. Right now she would end this battle with the death of their leader! Silus pulled one of her trusted guards aside to maintain the line. The Sister of battle had the right idea, but did it through questionable means. If an enemy is relentless, you respond without reservations of the damages. You end it right there and then and only allow their existence to continue through submission! "Hold the line until their leader breaks through! Then we blow the arch and seal him in... I want his head as for the fate of the greenskins that transpire against us!" Silus takes only a few guards to cover her while she assists with the explosives. Reaching out to the top she yells out into the horde of orcs and calls out their leader. "You pathetic creatures.... You come crashing against my walls and expect us to fall! If you're commander can't lead the charge then we might as well have sent our children and elderly to have fought you all!" Silus taunted their leader out of hiding and into charging the gates. The orders were to continue firing whether he came or not and the arch would be destroyed sealing the orcs means of entry. The plan was meant to separate their leader from the remaining forces or cut off the most recent bulk of the wave for capture and interrogation. Silus waited only for two things... either a minute and if their leader remained silent she would blow the gate to seal off the newest batch of orcs for torture or if their leader came through the gate she would seal him off. Then her and men would cripple him... break him... and make him beg for his life infront of his army before she would gut and behead him.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Hazard1325 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:11 am

Ash & Rosette

Upon revealing the inquisitorial signant the common guards immediately dropped their weapons and backed away with a look of shock on their faces. The officer however holstered his weapon sending a glare at Rosette. "If you think that will deter them you are sadly mistaken. I suggest you avoid any heavy handed negotiation if your stay is to be a pleasant one." With that he took a few steps back hands up along with his other men. The station rumbled and in a serious of loud clicks and panicked shouting lighting began shutting off across the large circular plaza outside until the only light source was through the domed reinforced glass above. Through the harsh lights crowds swarmed retreating from the open space. The security forces had all dropped to their knees placing their hands behind their head as if in a well practiced drill.

Faye

The big man shifted under Faye's weight but most of the fight seemed to have left him after the brutal wound to his leg. At Fayes cries she could hear others moving through the building quickly approaching. With her arm concealed she reached down to pick up the axe and felt the grime that coated it, likely from previous kills along with the etchings of one of the ruinous powers in the side of the blade. It was warm to the touch and after taking it Faye felt an impulse to finish off the pathetic creature squirming around on her floor spurting blood across the wood. Before she could act the old man and a young woman entered taking in the scene. "See to that leg" The man quickly commanded before looking to Faye. "Whats all this?" He asked with a frown, the blood didn't seem to bother him.

Helen

A laugh emanated from the dark figure as he strode forward looking down at Helen. Once he was almost upon her he removed his helm holding it by his side. While she didn't recognize the warrior she knew it was the same warband from her past. "Ahh, so you've found your way back cattle. These orks are such wonderful servants, no?" Looking around Helen could see most of the mob had begun to reveal their members all erect and pointed at her. "The savages seem to want me to remove your armor, but I'm more inclined to return you to your real home." He said staring down at her. "Let the orks ravage you, probably to add them to their collection of breeding slaves, or to take you with me so you can rejoin the rest of the pack... hmmm." He seemed to be considering the decision carefully.

Silus

So far the battle seems to be going in the imperials favor, the orks are having a difficult time pushing through the demolished gatehouse to reach the firing line. Lasfire and arrows seem to keep the horde at bay but there is no sign of their leader at all. Eventually the tide begins to slow and the remaining orks scatter without the warboss to keep them in line. Moving back to the wall Silus can see the bridge is crumbling but the last few Orks are climbing across the half destroyed supports. There is no sign of Helen unfortunately, nor the warboss.
Hazard1325

Postby Phoenixcz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:54 pm

"Who are House Drall, and what do they have to do with Von Grelt?" Ash likely missed this part of the explanation, and the question is aimed both at the officer and Rosette. If they think they are beyond Inquisition's reach, they are likely Rogue Traders or members of Navis Nobilite... or perhaps just deluded local aristocrats. In any case, they are wrong. They are not the target of Ash and Rosette's mission here... but that can change.

When the theatre outside starts, Ash can't keep her thoughts just for herself and says it out loud. "Not very subtle, are they?" She positions herself so she can watch both the officer and the door, but doesn't rise her weapon... yet.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:46 am

Rosette's nostrils flared with rage as she glared at the antics of the men. Hurriedly scribbling down the words the lead guard has said down on her pad, she scrunched up the note and stuffed it into his mouth, before grabbing a large ruler from a desk.

"You weak willed Blasphemers!" She roared wacking one with a ruler, "Disrespectful, profane, insolent, impious, sacrilegious fools! You dare bow to to some upstart mortal and treat him as you would your Lord Emperor?! Emperor, give the me the strength to chastise these wicked sinners and beat them back onto enlightened path as you're shepherd."

She continued to flail about with the ruler, thrashing any who got in reach of the ruler until it broke as she swapped to a telescoping pointer she found on another desk. Finally done and panting for breath she messaged their ship through her voxbead to inform them of the change in circumstance. If House Drall thought they could intimidate the Inquisition then Silas would need to be informed if things turned bad.

Rosette started to miss her armour she'd sent to the local chapel.

https://youtu.be/sqkowVU5mZI?t=1m56s
exalted

Postby Hazard1325 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Ash and Rosette

As Rosette went on her tirade the officers all remained quiet except for the occasional outburst from pain or silent whimper of guilt. None of them however seemed to rise from the positions on their knees. As Rosette tapped her com bead she could hear only static as her communications were jammed. A loud thud from elsewhere was quickly followed by the hiss of venting atmosphere, possibly from the breach of an airlock or house Drall was mad enough to vent this whole section of the station. Either way the locals didn't budge and Ash and Rosette were left to decide how best to deal with Drall.
Hazard1325

Postby exalted » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:23 am

Rosette hissed with anger as her comm bead was jammed.

Putting aside her instrument of wrath she patted down her habbit, making her sure her signet and chaplet were properly straight and displayed proudly.

"Perhaps it would be best if you rejoined the crowd," She offered to Ash, tucking her hands into the baggy sleaves of her habbit to grip the bolt pistols secured in her shoulder holsters, "If things go wrong one of us must get back to the ship to bring the Emperor's wrath upon these infidels."
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:58 am

Ash shakes her head.

"If that sound outside is what I think it is, I'm afraid that's no longer an option. Without mask and rebreather, my suit won't protect me from the void. We're in this together. Emperor willing, Xenobane's captain will notice something is amiss and do something."

Unlike Rosette, Ash keeps her weapons ready. They won't help much if House Drall soldiers are as well equiped as it seems from the noise outside, but they are still somewhat reassuring. And there's still matter of Ash's previous question nobody has answered yet. She asks again: "Who are they and why are they reacting like this?" Ash needs at least some information before she knows how to deal with them.
Phoenixcz

Postby Hazard1325 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 am

Ash and Rosette

The security officer chuckled at Ash's question. "Drall owns this world, the other houses might dispute this but they are the only ones willing to do whatever it takes to secure their interests." Ash began to hear footsteps from off in the corridor and the blaring noise of a vacuum was cut off. Within a few minutes cones of light began scanning around the atrium and a few muffled cries of confusion or pain could be heard as dark figures in full carapace armor moved through the civilians quickly taking them down with some kind of noiseless stunstick. They didn't seem to have a source of the security call or were being thorough as they spread out moving from person to person and neutralizing them before searching any of the nearby buildings. Thankfully both Ash and Rosette moved away from the glass pane as the search lights flashed over. The security team simply stayed in place not reacting as if this were a common drill and nothing out of the ordinary.
Hazard1325

Postby Phoenixcz » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:59 am

Well, that explain why they behave as if they owned the place. But still, what could have Rosette said to get them react like this? And the reaction came really fast, as if they were already waiting for someone... or something. But these questions can wait, and Ash suspects she'll learn the answer soon enough. From a tactical point, this doesn't look good. Laspistol is virtually useless against carapace armor and the stolen shock baton could serve only as a club. Her phase blade is a different matter, armor wouldn't mean anything against it, but it can be used only to maim and kill. Avoiding conflict is the best option. If it's just some sort of misunderstanding, escalating with lethal force would start a fight both acolytes can't win, not in a limited space offered by the security station, with possibly hostile security forces present in addition to Drall soldiers' numeric advantage and Rosette unarmed and only in light armor.

"Well, let's see what they want."
Phoenixcz

Previous

Return to Roleplay