Mass Effect: Aftermath

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Mass Effect: Aftermath

Postby Alaena » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:14 am

(If I have put you on the character list, you are free to post. Those with [Pending] next to their names on the character list, please make the changes you need to make. If you're not sure what they are, please message me!)

The galaxy has only begun to recover from the Reaper War. In a bout of unparalleled unity, every sentient species bound together and with the Crucible, defeated the ancient enemy, something the Protheans could not do many millenia before. In the aftermath of this victory, the many races and governments of the Milky Way have reconnected through rebuilt Mass Relays. This is only the first step to returning to prosperity.

It will require yet even more blood. Krogans, Turians, Asari, Humans, Salarians, Quarians, and many more are all working for the future. Up until now, past petty struggles have fallen into the backdrop in the name of reconstruction, but now, time has permitted old grudges to resurge...

Standing before you is the council, consisting of four representatives, on an elevated platform overlooking your group and the rest of the Presidium Embassies. Moments ago, you were inaugurated as SPECTRE operatives, a new generation for a new era of galactic turmoil. Following this speech, the group of you were led into the SPECTRE armory and handed your equipment. The available models were nothing special and surprisingly generic. The war left many weapons missing, especially the high grade weaponry, which was all commissioned for the front lines. It would take some time to build your own armory and weapon selections.

After a briefing on SPECTRE protocols of 'get the job done no matter what,' the new group is led to a single ship in Citadel docking bay 402, resembling something of a mix between a Turian and an Asari frigate. It's narrow, black in color, with a wide middle section. On both sides is something resembling an eagle's wings, folded backwards, as if it was diving. At the front and along the sides are windows, tinted blue in color. It seems to be a rather unique model.

An interracial team mans the ship as your group enters through the airlock. They wear black uniforms with patches on their shoulders that look like a starry sky with a four-pointed blue star in the center, indicating they're part of the new "Council Navy." Turians, Asari, Humans, and even a few Quarians and Krogan make up the crew.

The captain approaches your group as you enter. A human woman, barely more than five feet, with long red hair tied back in a pony tail. Despite her size, she has a very muscular figure and more than luscious curves to top it off. She salutes your group.

"My name is Captain Erin Tallon and I command this ship, the CNV Shadowborne. The name was my choice... we, born in the shadow of the Reapers, rise to forge a new era. Maybe I'm a bit too poetic for my own good."

She clears her throat, "I am in command of the ship, but as SPECTREs, you are in command of me. I will go wherever you need to go and do whatever you command of me. The SPECTRE Mission Extranetwork is setup behind the bridge."

She motions to an airlock directly behind the galactic map. The door is sealed and seems to require an optical scan as well as a fingerprint scan to allow entry.

"No one is authorized to enter except you SPECTREs. As to the rest of the ship, a barracks was allocated solely for your use on the 1st Floor via the elevator, each room is bigger than my cabin. The 2nd floor is my quarters and the XO's room, the third floor is the bridge here... and the soldiers' barracks is 4th, armory is 5th, engineering 6th. If you have any questions, SPECTREs, I would be happy to answer them."

Other than Captain Erin Tallon, the rest of the crew is moving about at a hasty pace, very clearly preparing to take off. Several other soldiers brush past you in an attempt to get to their stations.
Last edited by Alaena on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alaena

Re: Mass Effect: Aftermath

Postby Lorielle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:34 am

Looking around Valery simply salutes the Captain, smiling and introducing herself in a succinct manner to the Captain. "Hello Captain Erin, Valery at your service. Are you an experienced captain?" She wasnt entirely used to working black ops, most of her missions simply being search and destroy ops on various planets though nothing that would ever require black ink. Though she suspects many of the other new SPECTRES would be leagues ahead of her in terms of black-ops experience. "Must be strange to see so many SPECTRES in one place, i remember being a child when stories of the first human floated around the orphanage."
Lorielle

Postby Alaena » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:47 am

Valery
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Captain Tallon nods and says, "'I've served for 10 years and spent a lot of time fighting pirates and mercs in the Skyllian Verge. I captained a ship for 3 of those years, but the last year or so has been fairly uneventful. Patrolling the edges of Council Space. I was one candidate of a few dozen to command this new model."

"I've never had the pleasure to work with a single SPECTRE. But, Humans have earned their place now, thanks to Shepard and the thousands of Humans that died for the Crucible's activation. Not to mention the years we've spent aiding in peacekeeping across council space."
Alaena

Postby Albedo28 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:05 am

Kel was feeling a bit tired from all the ceremony around being given the responsibility of 'getting the job done'. All of it sounded a lot like the council summoning up their own private hit squad since his own experience with the type who'd do things at 'whatever the cost' never proved to shine a favorable light on those characters. Though the Turian was surprised to meet the group of Spectres he had the pleasure of joining. Many of them looking quite young though unsurprisingly many were human. The diversity on the ship they were assigned to was also impressive though he had to keep himself from rolling his eyes as the human Captain strode up to them before one of the other human females among his comrades spoke on how their human messiah had changed everything. Shepard deserved respect but there was more than just thousands of humans at the fight to activate the crucible. Mentioning it wouldn't be likely to earn him any points with most of this crowd. Though the mention of Vallery's childhood at the orphanage had him staring at the young lady for a little while, already berating himself for judging her so quickly. Hardship was a common theme these days among all the races.

"A pleasure, Captain. I'm glad you're so eager to help us in our mission and look forward to a peaceful experience aboard your ship. I'd be happy to get a chance to meet with your ship's pilot as well. I've a bit of experience at the helm of a vessel and would enjoy having a chance to meet the person behind the wheel responsible for getting us from place to place safely." He says with a smile, doing his best not to let his personal feelings color his opinion of the woman and give her a chance past her first few sentences.
"Once you go dragon, you go wheelchair." -MelissaB
Albedo28

Postby Lorielle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:14 am

"Very impressive track record Captain, pirates will always be a plague to the innocent matter whats going on be it reapers or rachni. And I do have to agree though very few humans would ever disagree with that sentiment." With that Val gives her captain another salute and heads on the Shadowborne hoping to get a decent bottom bunk in the barracks.
Lorielle

Postby Alaena » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:19 am

Kel

There were a large number of Turians on the ship, so they were anything but under-represented. Kel might at least appreciate that fact, but perhaps his distrust of authority and racial pride wasn't too concerned with the makeup of the ship, other than the pilot.

Captain Erin Tallon winks, "Feel free, you're the one in charge of course."

You walk to the nose of the bridge and are perhaps surprised to see a Turian at the helm. He appears to be much, much older, with his ridges cracked in some places and a large scar decorating the left and back of his head. When he hears your footsteps stop behind his chair, a gravelly voice calls out, "Sir, welcome to the Shadowborne. Anything I can do for you, sir?"

Valery

Captain Erin puts her hand down at the return of the salute. You leave your fellow SPECTREs and the others on the bridge, arriving at the elevator to the left of the SPECTRE Mission Extranet airlock. You hit the button indicating "1" and the elevator doors shut. Before you know it, it's moving upwards and you arrive at your floor.

You step out into a fairly long corridor, with doors along both walls. As you walk by them, you see each one is programmed to perform an ocular scan the first time you enter, likely registering the room to your use solely. The rooms number between 101 and 120. Other than the number, there's no indication one room is any different than the other.
Alaena

Postby Albedo28 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:28 am

Impressed to find a Turian manning the helm, Kel smiles and nods at the pilot, "Be at ease, sir. While I may be a spectre, you're deserving of your own respect. Glad to see a man with experience with their hands at the controls. Think you could show me how this sort of lady flies some time? I've a bit of passion of piloting though my new station will likely see me doing very little of it." The Turian spectre requests, doing his best to seem friendly with the older, battle scarred pilot. "How long have you had with the Shadowborne so far and any suggestions you might have for me to help things stay pleasant during my time aboard?" Hoping to glean a bit of information about the crew and the way they got along from his words, Kel waits patiently for his elder to fill in the details and once that was done he'd excuse himself to go and find his room on the first floor.
Albedo28

Postby Lorielle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:28 am

"Well room 101 it is," she says to herself. Stepping inside she begins setting up her room to make it more cozy, putting her gear away and cleaning her armor to make sure it's set and ready to go once the first mission. Speaking of missions though she did want to check out the extranet and get a peak at what assignments may be out there before the rest of the SPECTRES crowd around.
Lorielle

Postby Zankio » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:52 am

Studying the ship from where they were gathered, Ry'auri was in awe of the ship and it's crew. Her first time seeing the military personnel of all the races working together, let alone on such top of the line vessel. She joins in saluting the human captain, satisfied in her explanation of the ships layout. "It's an honor to be stationed aboard your ship, Captain. I'm Ry'auri Aldonis, though I'm sure you've been given what information about us you could have been already." She introduces her self with respectable tone, and excuses herself to get acquainted with her room. Taking the elevator to the 1st floor to search for the appropriate door.
Zankio

Postby Alaena » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:05 am

Kel

He scoffs and says, "This thing practically flies itself. Next-gen piloting interface reduces user error significantly. There's still a manual control for old fashion types like me. This one's top of the line, this'll be her... 'maiden voyage,' as the humans put it."
He looks you up and down says, "If you want to get along, just keep it professional. Everyone here volunteered. We all want to see a diverse, effective, Council military. And don't fuck up."

He nods and says, "Nice meeting you, sir."

You make your way to the elevator to the left of the SPECTRE Mission Extranet Room and take it to the 1st floor. The elevator opens to a long hallway, with doors on each side to the end, for a total of 20 rooms. It seems 101 is already taken as you watch one of the human SPECTREs make her way inside, but anything between 102 and 120 is still available.

Ry'auri

Captain Erin Tallon says, "Actually, this operation is on a need-to-know basis. Far as I know, you're SPECTREs, and that's it. I appreciate the formal introduction, Spectre Aldonis. Don't go thinking you can knock boots with me it for it though."

She nods in acknowledgement as you take your leave to the rooms. You take the elevator adjacent to the mission extranet room. You find yourself mere steps behind one of the Turian spectres. You ride in silence to the 1st floor and when the doors open, you both step out and see doors on each side, numbering between 101 and 120, but it seems one of the human Spectres has claimed 101.

Valery

You place your hand on the door and it quickly registers your ocular scan before opening. A robotic voice says, "Welcome, SPECTRE."

You enter and find yourself in a fairly large room with a window looking out over the vastness of space. The entire wall is made up of this window and against the window is a king-sized bed. To the left of the bed is a door leading to a bathroom and a shower stall big enough to fit two krogans. To the right of the bed is a desk and a small datapad shelf. On the opposite side of the room, adjacent to the door you entered, is a large-screen terminal, likely capable of watching extranet channels and infront of it is a futon big enough for three.

You set your things down and do whatever you need to do to get comfortable before heading outside and taking the elevator back to the 3rd floor, the bridge. Upon stepping out, you need only take three strides to your left to arrive at the airlock leading into the SPECTRE Mission Extranet Briefing Room. The door scans you eyes and your fingerprints when you place your hand on the panel. After a few moments, the door slides open and you hear a robotic voice, "Welcome, SPECTRE."

Inside, you see a dozen or so terminals facing a large digital screen. You count ten different mission briefings available to read through at any of the available terminals. From what you can see, you're the only one in the room and the first one to arrive at the mission board.
Alaena

Postby Albedo28 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:14 am

Turning to look at Ry'auri, Kel nods at her, "Spectre." He greets the Turian female before looking at the rooms. "You have a favorite number?" Attempting to strike up conversation with all the finesse of a bag of hammers he coughs quietly before looking at her from the corner of his eye. "Good to see a pleasant face among the crowd of new special tactics agents. What got the council interested in you?" Not all that concerned with reserving a room on a ship where it was likely a carbon copy of the others until he personalized it, he leans up against the wall between 101 and 102 and turns toward Ry'auri, attempting to stay out of the way in case others decided to walk on through.
Albedo28

Postby Lorielle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:20 am

"Well lets see what's on the listings then shall we?" Punching in her access codes the soldier browses through whatever missions may be available to her and the other SPECTRES and if there was anything that would be able to pique her interest. Though she'd probably stay away from anything that was straight up assassination, her excitement at being a real legitimate SPECTRE was starting to show through her normally calm and distant demeanor.
Lorielle

Postby Lorielle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:20 am

"Well lets see what's on the listings then shall we?" Punching in her access codes the soldier browses through whatever missions may be available to her and the other SPECTRES and if there was anything that would be able to pique her interest. Though she'd probably stay away from anything that was straight up assassination, her excitement at being a real legitimate SPECTRE was starting to show through her normally calm and distant demeanor.
Lorielle

Postby cryosabre » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:27 am

Silia stood perfectly still as she was being inaugurated, her chest almost bursting with pride at having moved this far up the chain of command, she was a SPECTRE now, one of the most well known forces in the galaxy and she couldn't be prouder knowing that all the training her parents had put her through as well as her time in BlackWatch had been worth it, it had brought to to this moment and she was adamant she was going to do her Turian race proud. Though she kept on a hard blank face for the other new SPECTREs to see, Silia was taking in every tiny aspect of the day from collecting her weapons, models which she was all to familiar with, to actually heading onto her new home, the CNV Shadowborne and meeting the commander of the ship.

Silia waited patiently for her turn to speak to the Captain Tallon and as soon as another Turian excused herself, Silia marched up to the woman and saluted, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Captain. My Name's Silia Domiril, if there's anything I can assist you with on your ship please feel free to ask, it's the least I could do for being allowed to make my home on such a wonderful vessel." Pausing for just half a second as her eyes begin to wander over the Captains well defined curves before quickly catching herself and continuing, "I think for now though I'll go and deposit my belongings in my room and go to investigate the Extranetwork, I'm eager to take on my first mission. Good day, Captain." giving the Captain another salute before she about turns and heads towards the elevator to the barracks.
Who needs Skyrim when you have Oblivion?! - Pugna
cryosabre

Postby CrimsonNutcase37 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 am

During the entire ceremony before the Council, Drax stood with his arms folded and a disgruntled look on his face. He found it bullshit that the Council hadn't tried to enter talks with the Krogan. He may not be a member of Clan Urdnot but even the most thick-plated of Krogan could see the good the Krogan clan leader had done for the species.

Once onboard the ship with his fellow SPECTREs, he took the time to assess the group. He was surprised at the large amount of females in the team, but he could tell they could handle themselves, he especially liked the look of the woman with the short blond hair, she seemed fun.When Captain Tallon introduced herself, Drax half listened to what she was saying in as he checked her out. He towered over her by more then two and a half feet, but she had a rather impressive physique and those curves of hers definitely had his attention. He did let out a small chuckle when she said that she would do whatever they commanded of her. Oh the things he could say.

He looked up when she talked about the layout of the ship. So the rooms were bigger? Good, he could never understand how humans lived in such tiny rooms. The Armory sounded interesting to him, he'd have to go down and check what they had in stock, but he had one question brimming on his mind "What of physical activity? You didn't say if there's room for spars or training" Drax grunted out, eyes fixed on the captain
CrimsonNutcase37

Postby Alaena » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:44 am

Silia

Captain Erin Tallon nods, her red ponytail bobbing, "I'll do whatever I can to assist the SPECTREs. Let's hope this vessel is as 'wonderful' as the folks in Council R&D say it is."

You find yourself stepping into the elevator as one of the human Spectres steps out. You ride it to the 1st floor, as the captain said was your floor. When the elevator stops and the doors open, you see two Turian Spectres in the hallway conversing. The rooms look identical from the outside and number between 101 and 120, though 101 seems to already be taken by an indicator on the external panel.

Whatever you room you decide to pick, you head inside, place your belongings down, and return to the elevator with the intention of checking out the SPECTRE Mission Extranet. You step out and need only take a few strides to be infront of the highly secured airlock. After a fingerprint and ocular scan, a robotic voice greets you, "Welcome, Spectre."

You head inside and see a large room facing a digital screen. Twelve interface panels are spaced out infront of it, making 4 rows of 3. Across the digital board, you see 10 missions, all with briefings, locations, and tertiary information, once you accept the mission. [View the OOC thread for the mission board]

Drax

Captain Erin Tallon smiles, "Yes, that's attached to the marine barracks on the 4th floor. We have a few Krogan on board that I'm sure would love to spar with you, but nobody else on my crew should shy away either."

She winks, "I'm certainly not afraid of going a few rounds."

Unlike all lot of other humans, Captain Tallon didn't seem intimidated by you. Maybe there was something else underneath that smile and wink, or maybe she was just foolhardy. Either way, she certainly had a fighting spirit underneath her officer's uniform.
Alaena

Postby CrimsonNutcase37 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:52 am

Drax's lips pulled into a smirk when she answered him. She liked to play. Interesting. Made him wonder what ELSE she had under that officer's uniform besides bravado. He shifted his weight to his other foot and smirked "Oh? Think you can handle a few 'rounds' with me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked the captain up and down. She was definately attractive, and her attitude was kind of a turn on for the large Krogan. Plus with there being other Krogan on board, he could prove himself amoung the others onboard
CrimsonNutcase37

Postby Zankio » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:56 am

With tilted nod Ry'auri regards the taller Turian SPECTRE respectfully. Caught off guard by the first remark she wasn't quite sure how to respond at first. At the second question she began to get her bearings again, "Hopefully the rest of the faces aboard will become friendlier, as large as this ship is, compared to the vastness out there, it might get a little cramped if we don't get along." She glances to the elevator to make sure she wasn't in the way before continuing. "If I had to guess, they wanted a SPECTRE who knew how to making sure the public only saw what they wanted to, and keeping what they didn't a secret." She finishes with a mischievous wink.
Zankio

Postby Alaena » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Drax

Her smile was anything but innocent. Maybe it was bravado, cockiness, or even foolishness. Either way, she seemed very sure of herself. Her uniform didn't hide much. Her form was very taut, very muscular all around. The buttons on her uniform did little to restrain her very large bust, and her pants only highlighted her toned and round ass.

Captain Erin doesn't flinch and in leans her face in slightly closer to yours, "I can handle anything you can give, Spectre. Meet me on the 4th floor and we'll see if -you- can handle -me-. Unless you're not up to it?"

The captain motions toward the elevator and waits expectantly for you to lead the way.
Alaena

Postby Albedo28 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Kel rubs his chin as he listens to the female speak, raising an brow at her last sentence. "Really now? Glad to hear you're more talented than I am. Kel Sulitus, by the way. A pleasure to meet you..." he draws out his words searching for her own name in response while he lets his eyes move up and down her frame. "I'm personally convinced that I was brought on for two things, luck and determination to do what I can when others aren't willing or able to do what they must." He states with a little nod. "Hopefully some of the other more specialize spectres such as yourself will help round things out. While I do hope we manage to get along, I don't mind cramped all that much. Actually a bit intimidated to hear our rooms are larger than the captain's cabin." He lets out with a sigh.
Albedo28

Next

Return to Roleplay