The Crusade of Arae

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: The Crusade of Arae

Postby A Vision of Sound » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Kiera:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Vincent grins and lets loose a faint chuckle, even as he lowers his shadowfire-infused hand near your right cheek and forehead. "I didn't become one, Love. You're looking at a pure breed." After that, his low, rolling voice seeps across the small glade you find yourself in. "Ready?"

After affirming, Vincent places his five fingers in a "circle" around your right eye, the fire pressing into your skin. AGH! The fire burns and seems to burrow itself deep in your skull, and you can make out the faint shape of the darkness taking hold as it digs underneath your eye and moves to your brain. Were it not for your paralyzation, you'd probably be thrashing about. Unfortunately, you're forced to lay there and wait for it to pass. The darkness forms a circle inside your skull, your eye in the center of it, and then the pain somewhat subsides. It's only then however, that the vision in your right eye starts turning dark. Blacker and blacker your vision gets, until you're completely blind. Your eye closes of its' own volition, an alien feeling in and out of itself, as Vincent issues gentle shushing sounds, calming you down.

Slowly raising his hand with his fingers drooping at your eye as if he'd be pulling some invisible force from it, his hand fades to its normal coloration the farther it gets from your face, before it's completely normal. Gradually, even though your eye is closed, you feel the blood and sight returning to it. Slowly, your limbs are freed, and you can move. You can't open your eye, however. As if seeing the confusion on your face, Vincent would be facing you, grinning down.

"And so, the ritual is complete. Your eye however, isn't quite fully healed yet. I'll let you open it for a few seconds, though that's only because I want you to make a choice. Are you ready?" He looks down at you, planting a hand on your shoulder, before nodding. Smiling faintly, you feel as if a veil is being lifted from your eye, and you gradually open it.

As you do, you nearly fall backwards and jump in alarm. Your stomach feels like an endless pit, and you're caught in the teeth of despair's jaws. This unnatural aura, "magical fear" as it'd be more aptly named, washes over you as you view a beast on two legs, just like a man would stand. It seems to be an anthropomorphic ram. Its head sports two horns that curve upward just like Vincent's in the cave, and its eyes are red, with pupils glowing a hot orange. Black veins pulse through the sclera, giving it a frightening visage. Wings, literally on fire, erupt from its back, the appearance much like a phoenix. Its legs distend into hooves, though its upper half is human-like in shape, though extremely muscular. Not a single patch of skin is visible on its body, instead covered by hair. On its fur, are circular runic markings that travel along its body, glowing hot like lava, pulsing with its' eyes as if it were a heartbeat.

Taking in the rather off-setting and horrifyingly powerful creature in front of you, its mouth opens, and out rolls a familiar, smooth, charismatic voice. "Interested yet, Lover?"

Health: 27/27 (25+2)
Mind: Swarming.
Nutriments: Hungry.
Affects: Venombrawler. (+2 to health) Paralyzed.
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 110 copper, 5 silver. Daemonium Oculus.
Mental Arsenal: None.
Equipment: Leather armor in very poor condition. A black fur cloak. A well-maintained crossbow. A somewhat dull knife. Snares, ropes, and crossbow bolts in excellent condition. A small pouch, containing: A white, mottled egg. A small cloth-crafted bag holding: Fish meat, lizard meat.
Core:
Strength - 3
Dexterity - 20
Constitution -5
Intelligence - 5
Charisma - 1
Perception - 7
Luck - 1
Corruption - 26

Umbrage:

Pete looks over and nods down at you, listening intently the entire while. "I see...I understand. Duly noted, Ma'am." He nods, looking up ahead. You're just stepping out of the forest now, and in the distance, you can see the caravan you've spent the night with in the line-up, now. The only way to really tell them apart though, is the markings and signs on their wagons. Luckily, your eye is sharp enough so you can see them from so far away. Taking off, you head towards the city once more, hopefully in the correct direction towards the caravan.

Pete looks down and over to you, emitting a somewhat heavy sigh. "We're going to have to hunt down someone really tough aren't we."

Health: 24/24
Mind: Pure.
Nutriments: A tad parched.
Affects: None.
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 5 copper.
Mental Arsenal: Pulse wave, Regeneration, Shatter Barrier.
Equipment: Leather armor in good condition. Leather vambraces in good condition. Modified custom-made canesword in perfect condition and quality. Some sweets. A bag of nutritional berries.
Core:
Strength – 5
Dexterity - 15
Constitution - 4
Intelligence - 10
Charisma - 4
Perception - 3
Luck - 2
Corruption - 0
A Vision of Sound

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:30 pm

"Quite likely... But we won't be able to get in the city until tomorrow... Do you know what weapon you'd like to learn with?" Umbrage asked as they walked to the Caravan. Intending to meet up with her friend and see If she could provide them with wooden weapons for training. "That sympathy tactic doesn't work on everyone though. They bandits or barbarians may out right attack you... The reason I know this is because I've grown up and have been expected to learn all of this to earn the title Umbrage. Its not the most prettiest of titles to earn, but I did it for the sake of my Brother. He had already earned the title Providence.... But I can only pressure he must be dead." After confessing this to him they blade a trail to the Caravan hoping to meet her old friend again.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby FragranceofMtDew » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:57 pm

"I dunno, do you really think they gave up that easy?" Ezra asked as she watched the two would be bounty hunters walk away. Maybe it was just typical noble arrogance but that crippled woman really did think she could beat Ezra in a duel. Very strange.

"Hey Rork, think we got any room on the wagons for these bodies?" EShe asked turning to Rork. "If not we could just take the leader. Or maybe their heads..."
FragranceofMtDew

Postby Icaelus » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Jeanne watched the Siren's beautiful features hesitantly, but her gaze didn't waver once. She..had to know what the Siren thought of her now that she knew that she was a half-demon. The slight glimmer of hope that Crystella would possibly accept her died down momentarily as the Siren's face warped with surprise, slowly shaking her head. Jeanne grit her teeth, preparing for the admonishment that would probably soon follow. And then it possibly wouldn't even end there. She had no desire to harm the Siren nor her home, however..not after the brief, happy moment they had shared here.

But what came next wasn't Crystella's rejection as she had expected. Now it was Jeanne's turn to look astonished. Was..she really okay with her being of demonic origin? She hadn't exactly met or talked with any humans, save for signing up for the Crusade, so she wouldn't know about their reactions. But here Crystella was, fully trusting her. She was..trusted. Her, a half-demon.
The emotion welling up within her was difficult to name. Happiness, sorrow. Which was it? A lone tear trailed down her left cheek as Jeanne let herself be pulled into the Siren's bosom, letting herself be pampered for once.
"Thank you, Stella..thank you..so much."
Her quiet voice wavering with emotion, Jeanne hugged Crystella closer to her. The tears flowed freely now and while embarrassing, she couldn't help it. She was the happiest she'd ever been ever since she had met her mother for the first time.

The mood abruptly shifted forwards a lighter tone as Crystella switched topics, teasing her about the prospect of giving her a dick..
Red-faced with embarrassment, Jeanne burrowed her face deeper into the Siren's bosom, hiding herself away. She wasn't too familiar with sex, to be honest. That had been the first time she had received real pleasure from any sexual action with another being. Masturbation didn't even come close to how overwhelmingly good sex with Crystella had felt. And if getting rammed like that had felt so good..what if she was the one doing it?
Curiosity told her to go for it. Logic strained to keep itself in check, protesting that a penis would just be an unnecessary burden and weakness. Logic was boring.

"W-Well. I'll leave that decision to you..?"
Jeanne stammered, still unsure. Did she really want this? A throbbing, pulsing stick of meat protruding from where her clit was? Just the thought of it itself brought a faint flush to the girl's cheeks.
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby MyLittleCossack » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:20 am

Yvria would stick near the pile of looted gear, sitting cross legged and waiting for the Caravan to either indicate that the gear should be loaded along with the bodies or if they would just keep walking. Either way, she would be accompanying them to the nearby city. Her silence broken slightly by a playful giggle as she played with the bloody mess of a pet on her shoulder, absent-mindedly waiting for clear action.
MyLittleCossack

Postby Reaver » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:18 pm

"I would imagine there aren't many pure demons hanging around these days.." She said almost with an awed whisper as she stepped closer to Vincent's real form, running her hand over the etched runes in his body before slowly feeling the horns on his head. "Such a majestic form that you've kept hidden all this time.... Did you think it would scare me away?" A single finger touched his nose as Kiera mouth turned into a grin. "Yes, Vincent I am still interested in you and this true-seeing eye. Just tell me it does more than reveal people's true form. I need something that will give me the edge over other humans too since I'll probably encounter more of them over pure-demons almost any day." She had always found the demons in the fairytales to be strange creatures. Immensely powerful things that spent their time wrecking small time havoc or only putting a portion of their skills to the test. She might not know what was always going through Vincent's mind but she knew at least a portion of his powers. He had only considered killing her when she had thought of doing the same, always trying to keep her alive through second chances and deals, what was to say he was inherently more evil than herself? If he could be swayed to stay with her, Kiera was certain this Crusade would become a cake walk and victory would be hers, even if it ended up costing her part of her own humanity.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby A Vision of Sound » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Umbrage:

Pete looks over at you, shrugging faintly. "I would like to train with a sword. A knife is good, but...Well, it isn't very threatening." He shrugs, scratching the back of his head. He then looks over to you and listens intently, frowning faintly the entire while. "I see...You bear a proud title." He nods, before looking back towards the city. You're just getting back along the path now, walking just a bit behind a small group of people, roughly five in number. The line up ahead has surprisingly gone further in, and you don't know if you can quite see the caravan yet...They've more than likely gained entrance to the city, and moved on through. Regardless, you're moving up the path, and the gates once more loom over you. The guards stop you, and cock their head. It appears this isn't the same guard as before. "Stop. State your business."

Mind: Pure.
Nutriments: A bit thirsty.
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 5 copper.
Mental Arsenal: Pulse wave, Regeneration, Shatter Barrier.
Equipment: Leather armor in good condition. Leather vambraces in good condition. Modified custom-made canesword in perfect condition and quality. Some sweets. A bag of nutritional berries.
Core:
Strength – 5
Dexterity - 15
Constitution - 4
Intelligence - 10
Charisma - 4
Perception - 3
Luck - 2
Corruption - 0

Yvria, Vyn, and Ezra:

Rork focuses his attention on Ezra, before he nods and somewhat begrudgingly says, "Err...Yes. Aye, someone come help me with these!" He commands, waving towards the caravan-eers and stepping towards the bodies. Hoisting them up and taking care not to get any blood on themselves, the bodies are quickly loaded onto the back of a wagon, and that's that. Rork comes striding up, nodding sharply to Vyn and Ezra. "Right. I take it the furred one is coming with us. If there are no objections, it's time to head out." He nods firmly, before taking his place at the front of the group, leading them along the path the two individuals from before went on.

A masked individual walks alongside Yvria, their face and head, save for their eyes, covered by a bandanna and hood of the same color; Beige. Their eyes are quite beautiful, a sharp visage of oceanic blue, though they nod their head towards Rolan, who'd still be covered in blood. The figure then opens their water-skin, and out flows a gentle torrent of water as you all walk. The figure then gestures, as if saying, "May I?"

Vyn's status:

Mind: Hardly slept. (-2 Intelligence, Perception)
Nutriments: A bit famished.
Affects: Elf race (Passive mana regeneration along with a slightly larger mana pool) Chest is slightly covered in blood spatter.
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 20 copper, 5 silver.
Mental Arsenal: Nature's Nourishment, Zephyr's Whisper, Charm Animal. Heightened Sense. Nature's Binding.
Equipment: Light armor in perfect condition. A satchel in good shape, filled with: Blueberries. A katana in good shape, with a few nicks and blemishes.
Core: 
Strength - 8
Dexterity - 9
Constitution - 6
Intelligence - 7 (-2)
Charisma - 3
Perception - 5 (-2)
Luck - 3
Corruption - 3

Ezra's status:

Health: 29/33 (31 + 2)
Mind: Hardly slept. (-2 Intelligence, Perception)
Nutriments: A tad parched.
Affects: Venombrawlers (+2 to health)
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 4 silver.
Equipment: Flimsy heavy gauntlets. Light cloth armor in good condition. A well-made, well-maintained dagger. A backpack, containing: Ulmnioson fruit (A bit eaten)
Core:
Strength – 11
Dexterity - 11
Constitution - 9
Intelligence - 2 (-2)
Charisma - 2
Perception - 5 (-2)
Luck - 2
Corruption - 5

Yvria's status:

Health: 20/24
Mind: Clear.
Nutriments: A tad peckish.
Equipment: Light leather armor in poor condition, one of the straps along the left breast being incredibly worn and nearly falling off. The pouches along the armor not doing much better, one of them completely ripped out of the bottom. Simple animal-hide clothing and undergarments. A small-sized rucksack in good condition, able to hold a healthy amount of items. Two daggers in alright condition, though they could definitely use some maintenance. A waterskin filled with good water. A pocket-full of blueberries.
Core:
Strength - 3
Dexterity - 9
Constitution - 3
Intelligence - 6
Charisma - 9
Perception - 7
Luck - 4
Corruption – 0

Jeanne:

Crystella smiles tenderly down at you, gentle rubbing your back as the two of you embrace. "Shh, sh..." She whispers, "It's okay..."

Though when the topic of endowing you surfaces once more, the woman giggles softly. "You don't know what you're missing...Don't worry, I'll make it painless for you, sweetie. The only thing is...You'll have to be put to sleep. Only for..." She pauses, tapping her chin with her finger. "Half an hour? I can work relatively fast..." She giggles, eyeing you with a primal hunger as she grins. "We can start right now, cutie. If you'd like, all you need to do is listen to my voice..." She trails off, gently wrapping her arms around you, and lowering her hands until they smoothly slide over your toned derriere. Already, your mind is becoming a tad cloudy from the woman's intoxicating voice...

Mind: Slightly foggy.
Affects: Half-demon. (+10 corruption.)
Mental Arsenal: Slayshade, Death's Melody, Reaper's Cloak, Shadowstep.
Equipment: Black leather gear in good condition, everything upkept to a very respectable degree. A belt, utterly broken, unable to hold anything whatsoever as it would be completely frayed, and ruined in some areas. A longsword of master quality, and along the guard is a blue gem infused with magical energy. The sword is enchanted, causing it to swing faster with the aid of magic from the user. (Note, it is not lighter, it propels itself based on your attack. It will automatically sap your mana as you use it, though it's a very slight drain, practically unnoticable.) A shortsword also of master's quality, but lacking an enchantment of sorts. A wand of perfect quality, oakwood infused with Vampire's Bane along with a pinch of Ghost Spices to give it a seamless casting ability.
Core:
Strength - 2
Dexterity - 8
Constitution - 4
Intelligence - 7
Charisma - 2
Perception - 5
Luck - 2
Corruption - 20

Kiera:

Vincent lets his wings stretch, the runes briefly glowing brighter under your touch, and while they do, they flare to an unbearable heat, and sear you. Never the less, Vincent croons his head and smiles down at you, though his burning eyes seemingly bore into your soul. "Oh, that it does...For obvious reasons, I made myself immune to its' effects. What I gave you is an eye much similar to mine. Albeit, less powerful. Let's go over what it can do..." He explains, though your eye slowly forces shut of its' own volition, and you're looking at Vincent's human form once more. It seems a weight has been lifted from your chest as this happens, and your mind clears.

"To start off, obviously, you can see anything that would be hiding in plain sight. That is, things that would use a Shimmer. It's what some demons use, and magical creatures, though the ones that typically would use a Shimmer, are dangerous. The creature in question though, will feel like something's off if you're viewing their true form. Price of the power, unfortunately. Next, it can paralyze people. Now before you get your panties in a knot, hold on. You can only do that if they're looking you in the eye when you try. It isn't a very easy thing to pull off, either. Next, you can do what I did, and this ties in with the paralyzation: You cause the individual in question to experience illusions, anything that you want them to see. A favorite of mine is making them witness giant spikes impaling their body, which paralyzes them and gives them immeasurable agony. Once they're yours, you can subject them to nearly anything you'd like. Another plus is that while you're using the Daemonium Oculus, your reflexes are enhanced. Everything is a bit slower, and you'll find your reactions faster. You could probably even dodge a crossbow bolt, much like I did. Emitting a faint sigh, he rolls his shoulders.

"The only catch is, while you're using the Oculus, your sight will gradually dwindle. In the Oculus' eye, that is. In short, the longer you use it at one time, the longer it'll take for your sight to return. Since it's only in one eye though, it'll probably not be that bad, since you could use your other eye. And as an added bonus, you can see in the dark with it." He shrugs. Vincent then cocks an eyebrow down at you, and grins faintly. "Now, a playful choice for you...Do you want the Oculus to always be present, or would you rather have it as a toggle-able ability? If it's always present, you'll have to constantly keep it covered, though you'll find its' abilities more refined. If you want to be able to toggle it, it'll be a little less potent, but you won't always have to keep it covered. Also, your sight in the same eye will still stay the same, even if you toggle it off. So, Lover. Which one'll it be?"

Health: 27/27 (25+2)
Mind: Clear.
Affects: Venombrawler. (+2 to health)
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 110 copper, 5 silver. Daemonium Oculus.
Equipment: Leather armor in very poor condition. A black fur cloak. A well-maintained crossbow. A somewhat dull knife. Snares, ropes, and crossbow bolts in excellent condition. A small pouch, containing: A white, mottled egg. A small cloth-crafted bag holding: Fish meat, lizard meat.
Core:
Strength - 3
Dexterity - 20
Constitution -5
Intelligence - 5
Charisma - 1
Perception - 7
Luck - 1
Corruption - 26
A Vision of Sound

Postby Zankio » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:29 am

The lack of sleep getting to her, Vyn questions whether the strange woman would pose a problem for them or not. But without any real evidence to prove the suspicion, the elf gives a slight shrug. "She's free to tag along, but she'll be on her own once we reach the city, that includes gaining entry." With that she eagerly continues traveling with the caravan down the path, keeping pace behind Rork to his left. Her tired eyes focused on the road ahead.
Zankio

Postby FragranceofMtDew » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:26 am

Ezra had been prepared to load the bodies herself so she was pleasantly surprised when Rork and some others took care of it. She gave them an appreciative smile and a brief word of thanks before they set off towards the city again. "Eh, she seems harmless enough. As long as her furball stays calm, I think we'll be alright. We kinda owe her a share of the bounty anyway." Ezra said as she fell into step beside Vyn.

Now that they had a payday coming, it seemed like things were finally looking up for them. It had Ezra in such a good mood that she had put the fact that they were still being pursued by the huntress to the back of her mind. "It's gonna be real nice to have a warm bed to sleep in after last night. And a hot meal and a strong drink to go with it..."
FragranceofMtDew

Postby KnightVanilla » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:01 pm

A lot of remembering and reminiscing made her remember she probably had no brother anymore. Lost in thought of whether or not taking the title of umbrage was the best decision in her life. Before she really realized it she was being questioned from the front. "We're bounty hunters... By the way there are three bounty hunters in the line a ways back. They already got the kill for these men." Umbrage hands him the wanted sign she had. "If you would be so kind to let them pass immiedietly after confirming the bodies that would be nice of you.... Also the hunters are a Human girl with fisr weapons, a cat girl of some sort and an elf. They are hard to miss." With a heavy sigh she continued onward back to the square to get a new bounty.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Reaver » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:32 pm

Everything just seemed to get better in Vincent's company. An eye that could improve her reflexes, help her see in the dark and ensnare any prey that looked her in the eye and reveal magically-disguised things? That was very good in Kiera's books. "Keep it on at all times. It'll take me a little bit to get adjusted to aiming with just my left eye but its worth the payoff. I'll just make an eyepatch and use it when I really need it, or want to see who you really are." Looking him right in the eyes with a smile on her face. No, she didn't consider Vincent to be bad at all. Maybe he followed his nature sometimes but even demons didn't have to be chained down with the morals of good and evil, she did the same thing after all, survival and needs coming before any morals. "Will you be staying with me?" The nervousness obvious in her voice as she thought of him simply walking off, never to see him again. She wasn't even sure why she cared this much about a man that had tricked her before and was not even family. "I know you probably want to do other things with your freedom and I can't keep you entertained forever but do you think you could stay with me for a while? There is so much I could learn from you, probably not magic since I have no natural talent but you've been alive for centuries! I'm sure you could teach me something and I'll listen and I'll be a good companion too." Grinning up at him before looking around with a growing frown.

The Crusade had been one of the farthest things from her mind since encountering Vincent in the cave. Could she even remember the trail blazed out for her through the stone? No doubt she had stopped making good time with the amount of time wasted on her revenge. "Fuuuuuck! The Ultima Bellum!" Cursing as she pulled the stone out. "One second, Vincent." Closing her eyes as she placed the stone on the back of her hand, thinking the words like she had done last time. Hopefully this time there would be no detours to waylay her.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby MyLittleCossack » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:13 am

With the road once more under her feet, Yvria seems to lighten up for once. Her bloodied face crusty with the crimson that had once flowed from her nose as she continued to take solace in the company of her pet. The caravan was a barely acknowledged factor, her resumed humming overcoming the sense of estrangement and memory of the stressful encounter. Yet as her attention on Rolan waned from curiosity aimed at the figure to her side, features obscured by cloth save only for twin irises similar in appearance to the impassible seas, startlingly beautiful for this place of perceived lawlessness and conflict. Her own eyes would stray from the path before her as he spoke, not even catching of Ezra's comment as the figure seems to offer water.

"Parrrdon?"
MyLittleCossack

Postby Icaelus » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Jeanne sniffed, her delicate fingers wiping away her tears that continually threatened to overflow, blurring her eyes. After spending what seemed to be ages in Crystella's warm embrace, the girl pulled away a little reluctantly from the comforting caress of the Siren's hands, straightening up face to face with her as the Siren began to explain the process of the endowment.
"I-I guess we're really doing this, then."
Jeanne said, shivering a little at that primal look of hunger in the Siren's eyes. She was tempted to just back away from Crystella when she was like this, but the Siren's arms wrapping around her, reaching down to grope her butt..yeah. Escape wasn't really an option here. Nor did she want to, to be honestly. And her voice..

Her eyelids closed, fluttering tiredly for a moment before they shut over her blue eyes. A calm, steady breathing rose from Jeanne's chest as she fell back asleep, lulled back to the land of dreams and nightmares by the lullaby to the soul that the Siren sang.
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Previous

Return to Roleplay