The Crusade of Arae

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: The Crusade of Arae

Postby FragranceofMtDew » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Ezra sighed as the cat woman didn't seem to trust them. They did look like a bit of a sketchy group after all but still. That creature she had was dangerous though, so Ezra didn't want to risk ticking them off. She kept her hands perfectly still at her sides as she answered. "The names Ezra. We're just travelers on our way to Nou'kra."

"I'm not one to pass up a fight so we stepped in when we saw you were under attack." Saying it that way was a bit blunt and not particularly heroic but sometimes that sort of honesty went a long way. "So I'm not out for a reward or anything and I'm not looking to hurt you."
FragranceofMtDew

Postby MyLittleCossack » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:36 am

Her blue eyes scan the trio up and down, ears slowly returning to an upright position as the one know as Ezra spoke up. Her weapon still not sheathed but at her sides much in the same way Yvria's was.

"You werrre also on the way to the Nou'krra? A carravan then, yes? They have warrres forr sale?" Her stance finally straightens, no longer seeming to be on the verge of fleeing or possibly stabbing anyone for the wrong movement. Rolan, on the otherhand, would be growling at them. Still protective of the humanoid and dripping bits of gore unto the Valmurian's shoulder as she inquired in a much more peaceful manner.
MyLittleCossack

Postby Majora » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:49 am

Rukarra sighs, "Yeah I'm not killing you. You guys obviously don't know a monster when you see one. Don't go rushing into things you don't know. I'm sorry about your dumb friend but honestly that's what you get when you ambush someone who wants to relax a bit. You can go, I'm not killing you." She growls as she ensures all her armor is on as well as her wound at least looked after as she stared at the man, "Go on back and bring your friend with you." She says as she watches to make sure he doesn't pull anything funny.
Majora

Postby Zankio » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Vyn shakes her head slowly. "Unfortunately we aren't merchants, but if some of the others were willing to part for some things in exchange for some coins then feel free to ask. We don't wish to harm you so long as you and your pet don't give us a reason. We are however a bit pressed for time so please be quick so that we can continue our way to town." She folded her arms in front of her and glanced back to Rork to make sure and get his approval, she wasn't quite sure if the caravan was against it or not.
Zankio

Postby MyLittleCossack » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Yvria only sighs, looking to Vyn and then to the small group of men milling about in the background. One of her daggers are finally put away, and then the other as the humanoid pets the stained furball atop her shoulder. His growling steadily ceasing as Rolan nuzzled her hand. Still keeping an eye on the trio as Yvria spoke with a slight ear of frustration. "No, this is fine... if they do not mind, this one will accompany them to the city. She has business therrre anyhow... but forrr now, let examine the dead forrrr prrofit..."

Her free hand pointed towards one of the many prostrate bandits, their figures unmoving and possibly laden with goods as she moved and begin to search for anything of value. Even good so far as to check the weapons for their condition.
MyLittleCossack

Postby A Vision of Sound » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Kiera:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

You dryly chuckle, though you quickly cut yourself off as a wave of pain shoots through you. Never the less, you crawl and dig your hands in the ground, pushing yourself as far as you can and well beyond your limits as you struggle forwards. Your vision starts growing dark, and you know you don't have much time. Gritting your teeth with blood seeping past your lips, the crossbow just starts finishing its' form, and clunks against the ground as it does so. You're so close...(Roll: 16) Fortunately, the Minotaur isn't in too much better shape than you, stumbling and mooing painfully, though it still has its' murderous eyes on your broken form. Urging yourself forwards quicker, you grab the end of the crossbow. Pulling it towards yourself with a cry of pain, you grit your teeth and slowly aim it upwards, towards the beast's neck...

This is it. This shot right here, determines it right now. Your life, or death. This bolt will either save your future, or doom it. Putting all of your thought into this, your mind bolsters and bolsters itself as high as it can go, drawing in more and more energy and hope as it surges into the bolt. The bolt itself starts spinning in the nock, gradually drawing out a winding noise, while the sands rapidly flush to it, and the bolt begins glowing a searing-hot yellow, surrounded by red fire! Willing yourself to pull the trigger, it fires with a mighty, concussive BOOM!

(Roll: 19) And so, your bolt found its' mark. The minute it connects with the Minotaur's neck, everything briefly goes blurry and glows orange, before a massive boom, almost akin to a nuclear bomb, erupts from the 'taur. Shielding your eyes, you slowly look, and there'd be nothing left of it, save for a few floating ashes scattering to the wind. You thump your head in relief, laying against the dirt. That is, until Vincent's voice slowly comes through to you as your vision darkens, unconsciousness seeping up like a silent predator. He chuckles lowly in that deep, charismatic way of his. "Mmh...Well done..." And then, you fade into blackness.

You sit up with a start, gasping heavily and clutching at your chest as it felt like you'd have been underwater for the past half-hour. You rapidly look around, before you see Vincent standing above you a little ways off, his arms crossed and an amused grin on his face. "Congratulations. You've passed my little game."

Health: 27/27 (25+2)
Mind: Perfectly healthy.
Nutriments: Hungry.
Affects: Venombrawler. (+2 to health)
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 110 copper, 5 silver.
Mental Arsenal: None.
Equipment: Leather armor in very poor condition. A black fur cloak. A well-maintained crossbow. A somewhat dull knife. Snares, ropes, and crossbow bolts in excellent condition. A small pouch, containing: A white, mottled egg. A small cloth-crafted bag holding: Fish meat, lizard meat.
Core:
Strength - 3
Dexterity - 20
Constitution -5
Intelligence - 5
Charisma - 1
Perception - 7
Luck - 1
Corruption - 6

Umbrage:

Pete stares over at you, nearly slack-jawed, as you go over the plan. "Wh- Me?! I'll be shredded in an instant if these were the ones-" A quick glare shuts him up, and he lets loose a heavy sigh. "Fine...I just hope your shield will work as well as it does for you, for me as well." He grumbles, standing up and walking back a ways, before continuing along the path as if he were a traveler. He then walks up towards the group, waving one hand in greeting. You can't make out what he's saying, but you can see that he at least looks calm...

Health: 24/24
Mind: Pure.
Nutriments: A tad parched.
Affects: None.
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 5 copper.
Mental Arsenal: Pulse wave, Regeneration, Shatter Barrier.
Equipment: Leather armor in good condition. Leather vambraces in good condition. Modified custom-made canesword in perfect condition and quality. Some sweets. A bag of nutritional berries.
Core:
Strength – 5
Dexterity - 15
Constitution - 4
Intelligence - 10
Charisma - 4
Perception - 3
Luck - 2
Corruption - 0

Jeanne:

The siren happily coos next to you, planting a kiss on your lips and lingering for a moment. After she pulls away however, she lets loose a faint sigh. "Mm, and now, what to do...I suppose it always comes down to this awkward phase, doesn't it?" She asks, her eyes a bit misty as she smiles faintly. "You don't want to stay, and you'll have to explain why, and I'll have to understand thoughtfully, and you'll be on your way, and we'll never see one another again." She sighs, though her tone isn't that of sorrow or anger, more-so of melancholy. She then looks over at you with those beautiful eyes of hers, and flashes you a little smile. "It's okay, you know. You've done so much for me. You've granted life to this lake. And though I don't know what kind of person you are, carrying weapons like you do...But what you've done, you'll always be a 'good guy' in my book." She smiles, kissing your lips once more.

Mind: Clear.
Affects: Half-demon. (+10 corruption.)
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 20 copper, 5 silver.
Mental Arsenal: Slayshade, Death's Melody, Reaper's Cloak, Shadowstep.
Equipment: Black leather gear in good condition, everything upkept to a very respectable degree. A belt, utterly broken, unable to hold anything whatsoever as it would be completely frayed, and ruined in some areas. A longsword of master quality, and along the guard is a blue gem infused with magical energy. The sword is enchanted, causing it to swing faster with the aid of magic from the user. (Note, it is not lighter, it propels itself based on your attack. It will automatically sap your mana as you use it, though it's a very slight drain, practically unnoticable.) A shortsword also of master's quality, but lacking an enchantment of sorts. A wand of perfect quality, oakwood infused with Vampire's Bane along with a pinch of Ghost Spices to give it a seamless casting ability.
Core:
Strength - 2
Dexterity - 8
Constitution - 4
Intelligence - 7
Charisma - 2
Perception - 5
Luck - 2
Corruption - 20

Rukarra:

The man frowns heavily up at you, briefly glancing over to his former comrade, before slowly getting to his feet, picking his helmet up and putting it on his head as he does so. He then walks over, takes his sword, briefly stares down at it, before sliding it back into his sheath. He then takes one last look at you, a long, intense stare that seems to rove over every feature of your face, before he nods and walks over to his comrade, and begrudgingly picks him up, albeit with no small amount of effort. He then hobbles along, blood seeping down the dead man's back as he does so. And just like that, after a few minutes' walk, they're gone.

Pain washes over you, emanating from your arm. You can see that the leather strip is starting to bleed through a bit.

Health: 18/29
Mind: In moderate pain. (-2 Intelligence, Charisma, Perception, Dexterity)
Nutriments: A tad peckish.
Equipment: Two battles axes, in masterful condition. Rusty, weak iron pauldrons. Leather bra and pants maintained perfectly, a small bit cut off near the ankle.
Core:
Strength – 10
Dexterity - 5 (-2)
Constitution - 8
Intelligence - 4 (-2)
Charisma - 3 (-2)
Perception - 6 (-2)
Luck - 6
Corruption - 3

Vyn, Ezra and Yvria:

Yvria goes down and begins searching the dead, looting the lesser bandits for anything useful. (Roll: 18) And damn, they've got some good gear! (Condition roll: 13) A leather satchel in good shape, filled with dried meat, and a few bottles of water. Some berries here and there on the other bandits, though food and drink-wise, it seems this satchel was their shared meals. Weapons-wise, (Roll: 4) Their swords were poor. Hardly even considered adequate craftsmanship, never even mind functional. Their armor and clothing, (Roll: 17) very well-taken care of, though with the wounds caused by Ezra, there might be a few holes in them, along with a bit of blood. Never the less, they've got good equipment, and you can probably salvage a lot from them.

That is, until you hear someone else walking down the path. All three of you take a look, as do the caravan, and it's a man dressed in light leather armor, wearing a green hood, though it'd be around his neck for you to see his face and head. He's bald, though his head is shaved. He waves to all of you, and nods his head. "Hello!" Taking a brief look at the dead laying strewn around you, he continues on and grimaces slightly, "Err-...Well...I see that you've...dispatched, these men. I was wondering...If there's anything you can spare, I'd like to take them. Just...Maybe small, personal things of no value they'd had on them? See, I'm a bounty hunter, and those marks you've just killed, well...They were mine." He says, scratching the back of his head.

Vyn's status:

Mind: Hardly slept. (-2 Intelligence, Perception)
Nutriments: A bit famished.
Affects: Elf race (Passive mana regeneration along with a slightly larger mana pool) Chest is slightly covered in blood spatter.
Mental Arsenal: Nature's Nourishment, Zephyr's Whisper, Charm Animal. Heightened Sense. Nature's Binding.
Equipment: Light armor in perfect condition. A satchel in good shape, filled with: Blueberries. A katana in good shape, with a few nicks and blemishes.
Core: 
Strength - 8
Dexterity - 9
Constitution - 6
Intelligence - 7 (-2)
Charisma - 3
Perception - 5 (-2)
Luck - 3
Corruption - 3

Ezra's status:

Health: 29/33 (31 + 2)
Affects: Venombrawlers (+2 to health)
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 4 silver.
Equipment: Flimsy heavy gauntlets. Light cloth armor in good condition. A well-made, well-maintained dagger. A backpack, containing: Ulmnioson fruit (A bit eaten)
Core:
Strength – 11
Dexterity - 11
Constitution - 9
Intelligence - 2 (-2)
Charisma - 2
Perception - 5 (-2)
Luck - 2
Corruption - 5

Yvria's status:

Health: 20/24
Mind: Faint pain.
Equipment: Light leather armor in poor condition, one of the straps along the left breast being incredibly worn and nearly falling off. The pouches along the armor not doing much better, one of them completely ripped out of the bottom. Simple animal-hide clothing and undergarments. A small-sized rucksack in good condition, able to hold a healthy amount of items. Two daggers in alright condition, though they could definitely use some maintenance. A waterskin filled with good water. A pocket-full of blueberries.
Core:
Strength - 3
Dexterity - 9
Constitution - 3
Intelligence - 6
Charisma - 9
Perception - 7
Luck - 4
Corruption – 0
A Vision of Sound

Postby FragranceofMtDew » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:41 am

Ezra is relieved to see that the woman finally trusts them or at least isn't going to sic her pet on them. "Well, I don't mind if no one else does. Never did get your name though." Ezra replies as the woman searches the bodies of their fallen foes. The following they were gaining was kinda unexpected lately but at least this one could take care of herself.

Before they could say anymore, a man approached claiming the bandits were a bounty he was after and asking for proof of their deaths. He definitely didn't look the type though. He looked nervous just approaching them let alone taking on 5 bandits by himself. Something was strange about this but Ezra wasn't about to just hand over what the man wanted. "So... lemme get this straight. These bandits who attacked us were wanted and you were after them. And now that they're dead, you want to claim the reward for our hard work?" Ezra approached the man as she spoke, finishing as she stopped in front of him. "That sound about right?"
FragranceofMtDew

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:50 am

Umbrage was unsure as even though he was calm he seemed hesistent to speak. Which in all cases is propably natural since this group killed their bounty. As one of them approached with what could be read as an aggressive intent or intimidation. Umbrage sighed seeing little to no choice but to save him.

Calling out loudly she tells "Pete!!! Pete, where are you?!" After saying all of that she walks out of the brush. Keeping a tight grip to the head of her cane as she walks to them with a limp. It's not hard to fake a crippled leg. She simply had to drag it a little as she approached them. "Oh hey... Pete did you find the bandits and uh who are these people?" Umbrage was quick to make sure he played along. Clutching onto his shoulder to steady her self. "Hello I'm lady Aria and this is my Vassal Pete. We were trying to make ends meet to secure a place to stay in the city unfortunately... It seems you may have well got to our bounty before us." Compared to her first encounter with Pete she spoke softly and her words came from a fragile voice. "I do hope it isn't too much trouble if We can claim part of the bounty... A previous Hunter explained to us some etiquette about taking in all the bounties at once... I uh assumed the reason behind it was so other hunters don't compete to claim the bounty."
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Zankio » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Vyn felt content letting Ezra deal with the bounty hunter, watching idly while telling Rork to make sure the caravan is ready to continue towards town. At least until a woman comes limping out of the woods, to the aid of the man. Upon overhearing her side of the conversation Vyn moves close enough to be heard. "What do you have to offer us in exchange for a share of the reward?" She questions them with an appraising look.
Zankio

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Umbrage gave a gentle smile. "Well I suppose I could heal each of your wounds. Healing magic is expensive from most mages. Especially one that could regrow teeth should you lose them. My friend Pete here was close to bleeding out when I healed him." Healers were expensive but so far she had been giving her healing services rather openly for a reasonable trade.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Icaelus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Another tinkling laugh left Jeanne's lips, soon however silenced by a happily given kiss from the Siren. She closed her eyes let herself enjoy the warmth of this blissful moment, undeniably one of her happier times in her life. She had little reason to laugh or even smile these days, but this..this had been a rather liberating experience for her, in both body and soul. Her brow furrowed at Crystella's sigh, her expression visually darkening.
Yeah. They both knew that this moment was coming. She had enjoyed this little tryst of theirs..but there were more important things at hand. She couldn't let herself stop now. It..would be letting Mom down.
Jeanne closed her eyes with a hefty sigh. She knew she had to go. It didn't make things any easier, though.
"I'm..sorry, Stella. You..don't have to understand me nor my reasons."
Her tone tightened as she spoke, meeting Crystella's teary eyes with an apologetic gaze. She couldn't make any promises to come back to her. I mean..hell, she didn't even know if she was going to make it through the incredibly dangerous journey she had set out on.
"Don't say that..please."
Her voice trembled when the Siren gave her blessings for her travels, kissing her upon her lips once again. Jeanne grasped the Siren's shoulders, pulling away from the kiss quickly.
"I..I have something to confess. I just hope you won't think the worst of her after you know this."
Jeanne whispered, her voice barely audible. She had to tell Crystella. Gods knew what kind of offspring a half-demon could produce? It was probably too late for any regrets, since the children were long gone into the dark waters..but the truth was necessary here.

"I'm half-demon, Crystella."
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby MyLittleCossack » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:33 am

As she continued to scour the remains, Yvria gathered the liberated gear into a pleasant little pile as she went about her nasty business with blood-stained paws and a flicking tail. Every hint of value stolen from the deceased as shoddy swords and axes, sacks of various hard meats and berries, and even every bit of clothing they had save those covering everything except their groins. "Yv'rrria... just Yv'rria, this is herr name."

However, when the man approached from the woodlands, the humanoid paid no mind. She preferred to let Vyn and Ezra handle the new comer as they saw fit. She was content to keep looking over the armor, listening intently to their conversation before piping in. "Why not let the little man sharrre the rrewarrrd, he trracked his prrey but did not catch it in time. Give him the dead ones' weapons... they arrre of little use to the Yv'rria orrr the other two. It is not like the blades arrre worrrth theirr weight in coin."
MyLittleCossack

Postby Majora » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:04 am

Rukarra sighs as the man departs with the body of the other, hoping perhaps he learned a lesson and she didn't have to fight another person and risk getting more injured. As she made sure all her armor was secure back on her body she noticed the bleeding strip as she growls, knowing she didn't have bandages to properly close off the wound. She didn't want to rip another leather strip, so she remembered she still had the imp's loincloth that was being used as a makeshift rope to tie his head on her belt. She took it off as she threw the imp head aside, using the loincloth to bandage her arm, hoping that it would be easier to do than cutting leather as she discarded the strip beside her, continuing in the direction that the crystal had shown her to go.
Majora

Postby Reaver » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:44 am

"Of course I won! I told you, you never stood a chance in my own mind." Groggily replying as she was already trying to forget the ordeals that she had gone through and the memories that had surfaced. Kiera stood up, brushing the dirt off of her cloak before striding up to Vincent, cupping his chiseled chin in one hand as she looked deep into his eyes. "You know you don't have to leave my side after giving me the boon." She whispered as she pressed the front of her body against him. There was no magic or persuasion involved in the state of her body this time as warmth blossomed from between her legs. Earlier she had wanted to kill him for what he had done to her and now she wanted him by her side for the rest of the journey. Perhaps she had been corrupted more than she had thought, not that she cared about remaining pure and just, surviving was the only morality she considered worth practicing. "Surely you could use someone to talk to and keep company after spending centuries cooped up?" Dragging a single finger down his chest while cheekily grinning at him. "First the boon then we can discuss whether you're worthy of accompanying me." Winking before stepping backwards and folding her arms. "So what am I getting? Enhanced vision allowing me to see farther away? Increased accuracy? Nah don't tell me I can make weapons out of ash like I did in the dream. It was a dream right, not an illusion? Not that it matters since I slayed several beasts and a minotaur to boot. Not many people can say that these days. Clearly and unnaturally quite excited.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby FragranceofMtDew » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:29 am

Ezra hadn't gotten a response yet when another came to his aid. This one was a woman who walked with the aid of a cane. Ezra couldn't help but snort dismissively as the woman introduced herself as "Lady" Aria and the man Pete as her "vassal". Not one to stand on ceremony, Ezra had never been fond of noble types and it didn't surprise her in the slightest that one would try to take credit for their kills. Yvria suggested just giving them the weapons and Ezra was fine with that, though they hadn't earned even that. Her chest was a little bruised but that was nothing new so she didn't really need any healing and Vyn had made it out unscathed. "Nah, we don't need healing. We made it out alright." She replied bluntly.

"Look, I don't go around fighting bandits for fun." This was complete bullshit of course, but bounty reward money would help out and she wasn't going to let it go this easily. "If I take down wanted men, I wanna get paid for it. So go ahead and take their weapons since we don't need em, but I for one don't think you've earned a copper of that bounty. By the looks of it, these guys woulda torn you two to pieces anyway."
FragranceofMtDew

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:46 am

"Pete here would had said otherwise. We make quite a capable team, but if you intend to collect your reward today you're mistaken to think it will be that easy. On our way out of the city the line for the first checkpoint was becoming obscenely long. I would help you three get into the city faster, but I'm sure you can wait out the whole line I mean you have no need of my services after all. Unless you'd prefer me to owe a dept of gratitude. Amongst all things I believe i could stand up to you in a duel.... Of course if you'd rather not we'll be at the Caravan I have a friend to revisit." Umbrage sighed as she had Pete and her walk away in the direction of the Caravan. Hoping for the gamble to pay off. If not she may as well visit her friend and share some free food with Pete.
KnightVanilla

Postby A Vision of Sound » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Jeanne:

The siren frowns to you as you push her away, taking on a more confused look as she expectantly waits for you. That is, until you let her know what you really are. The first thing evident among her features is betrayal, followed by undeniable (surprise surprise,) confusion once more. After a second however, she purses her lips together and briefly scans your face once more. After that, she shakes her head slowly. "...I don't care. Even more so why I trust that...you're good. Even if you really were a demon...You'd have just killed me, and not talked to me, right?" She asks, a bit of hope in her voice as she starts smiling.

"In fact...yeah. I don't care that you're a demon. Even half of one. Anyone who'd help me like you did, I could care less about names singeing them. You're you, and that's all that matters." She says, matter-of-factly, before pulling you towards her bosom gently, letting her fingers gently slide down your back. Perhaps in a more devious tone, she whispers softly.

"So...being a demon as you are, though...I wonder if I should still give you a dick? Might use it to be naughty, after all..." She giggles.

Mind: Clear.
Affects: Half-demon. (+10 corruption.)
Mental Arsenal: Slayshade, Death's Melody, Reaper's Cloak, Shadowstep.
Equipment: Black leather gear in good condition, everything upkept to a very respectable degree. A belt, utterly broken, unable to hold anything whatsoever as it would be completely frayed, and ruined in some areas. A longsword of master quality, and along the guard is a blue gem infused with magical energy. The sword is enchanted, causing it to swing faster with the aid of magic from the user. (Note, it is not lighter, it propels itself based on your attack. It will automatically sap your mana as you use it, though it's a very slight drain, practically unnoticable.) A shortsword also of master's quality, but lacking an enchantment of sorts. A wand of perfect quality, oakwood infused with Vampire's Bane along with a pinch of Ghost Spices to give it a seamless casting ability.
Core:
Strength - 2
Dexterity - 8
Constitution - 4
Intelligence - 7
Charisma - 2
Perception - 5
Luck - 2
Corruption - 20

Rukarra:

You strap on your armor, and remember the dangling imp head, which would now be a bit rotting, hanging by your side. Dropping the head to the ground and instead taking the cloth in your hand, you briefly wonder if this is the safest thing to do. A loincloth, covering the dick from a drooling demon's dick, where it had been who-knows-where for who-knows-how-long, mixing with your own bodily fluids. If you were a smarter woman you just might slap yourself across the face for even thinking about this, but hey, you're bleeding!

Tying it tightly around the wound, you wince, though it holds true. Blood begins to gradually seep across the cloth, and you find that it doesn't drip down your arm like the leather strip did. Success! You should probably check on it every now and then however, to make sure the wound doesn't become infected.

Moving along the river, or rather, crossing it and then letting it shrink in the distance behind you, (Encounter roll: 5) a wolf languidly strides out of the bushes in front of you. That is, until it stops and looks at you. Teeth bared and ears slit back, it quickly faces you and its' fur stands up on its back. Uh oh!

Health: 17/29
Mind: In moderate pain. (-2 Intelligence, Charisma, Perception, Dexterity)
Equipment: Two battles axes, in masterful condition. Rusty, weak iron pauldrons. Leather bra and pants maintained perfectly, a small bit cut off near the ankle.
Core:
Strength – 10
Dexterity - 5 (-2)
Constitution - 8
Intelligence - 4 (-2)
Charisma - 3 (-2)
Perception - 6 (-2)
Luck - 6
Corruption - 3

Kiera:

As you press up against Vincent and your snatch begins to moisten, you can almost feel him smile, if you weren't looking at those perfectly straight, white teeth, and that sm-- Cutting yourself off lest you just spread your legs for him like that, you continue on, before stepping back and crossing your arms, looking to him expectantly. When Vincent speaks, he cocks an eyebrow down at you, getting an amused grin. "A boon like that? Not to ruin your spirits, though it'd be impossible. Sorry." He smiles, before slowly raising his hand. Along his palm, grows a dark circle. It's tiny and not very noticeable, but when it gradually begins engulfing his entire hand and turning it black, along with small jets of purplish fire surrounding his fingertips, you almost have cause for worry. "Though you're...somewhat correct, about your vision. Try to stay still, Love." He smoothly commands, though whether you try or not, you suddenly find yourself on your back on the ground, looking up at the sky. You don't even remember laying down!

When you try to move, you find yourself...completely paralyzed. You can't move in the slightest, though with an experimental grunt, you find you can still form words and move your lips. Vincent's voice snakes out from above your head, and you then see him in the center of your vision. "Forgive me, my Love...Was it the right, or the left eye that you wanted?"

Health: 27/27 (25+2)
Mind: Perfectly healthy.
Affects: Venombrawler. (+2 to health) Paralyzed.
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 110 copper, 5 silver.
Equipment: Leather armor in very poor condition. A black fur cloak. A well-maintained crossbow. A somewhat dull knife. Snares, ropes, and crossbow bolts in excellent condition. A small pouch, containing: A white, mottled egg. A small cloth-crafted bag holding: Fish meat, lizard meat.
Core:
Strength - 3
Dexterity - 20
Constitution -5
Intelligence - 5
Charisma - 1
Perception - 7
Luck - 1
Corruption - 6

Vyn's status:

Nutriments: A bit famished.
Affects: Elf race (Passive mana regeneration along with a slightly larger mana pool) Chest is slightly covered in blood spatter.
Mental Arsenal: Nature's Nourishment, Zephyr's Whisper, Charm Animal. Heightened Sense. Nature's Binding.
Equipment: Light armor in perfect condition. A satchel in good shape, filled with: Blueberries. A katana in good shape, with a few nicks and blemishes.
Core: 
Strength - 8
Dexterity - 9
Constitution - 6
Intelligence - 7 (-2)
Charisma - 3
Perception - 5 (-2)
Luck - 3
Corruption - 3

Ezra's status:

Health: 29/33 (31 + 2)
Affects: Venombrawlers (+2 to health)
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 4 silver.
Equipment: Flimsy heavy gauntlets. Light cloth armor in good condition. A well-made, well-maintained dagger. A backpack, containing: Ulmnioson fruit (A bit eaten)
Core:
Strength – 11
Dexterity - 11
Constitution - 9
Intelligence - 2 (-2)
Charisma - 2
Perception - 5 (-2)
Luck - 2
Corruption - 5

Yvria's status:

Health: 20/24
Mind: Faint pain.
Equipment: Light leather armor in poor condition, one of the straps along the left breast being incredibly worn and nearly falling off. The pouches along the armor not doing much better, one of them completely ripped out of the bottom. Simple animal-hide clothing and undergarments. A small-sized rucksack in good condition, able to hold a healthy amount of items. Two daggers in alright condition, though they could definitely use some maintenance. A waterskin filled with good water. A pocket-full of blueberries.
Core:
Strength - 3
Dexterity - 9
Constitution - 3
Intelligence - 6
Charisma - 9
Perception - 7
Luck - 4
Corruption – 0

Vyn, Ezra, and Yvria:

You watch the man and the woman walk off, the cane supporting her weight and her hobbles. The caravan of your own gradually comes easing up the path with the livestock, wagons and the rest of the individuals too frail or inexperienced enough to fight, and they gradually form back up into their signature mob of beige robes. Rork looks expectantly towards Vyn and Ezra, before nodding. "So. Where to, now?"

Umbrage:

You hobble off with Pete by your side, and as you leave, he leans down and lowly whispers, "How did you come up with that? That was amazing!" Standing up fully, he continues walking you along, never missing a beat. Gradually, you round the turn you once came from, and set back on walking through the forest. Pete can't help but look back every now and then, as if he expected them to be following you."I thought she was going to take a swing at me." He grins, looking down at you.

Mind: Pure.
Physical Arsenal: Je'bahdi Crystal, loaded with: 5 copper.
Mental Arsenal: Pulse wave, Regeneration, Shatter Barrier.
Equipment: Leather armor in good condition. Leather vambraces in good condition. Modified custom-made canesword in perfect condition and quality. Some sweets. A bag of nutritional berries.
Core:
Strength – 5
Dexterity - 15
Constitution - 4
Intelligence - 10
Charisma - 4
Perception - 3
Luck - 2
Corruption - 0
A Vision of Sound

Postby Reaver » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:33 pm

"Right eye, Vincent." It was amazing how used she had become to being paralyzed by Vincent. Kiera hadn't even minded this time, almost expecting him to do it anyways. He was truly powerful to be able to manipulate her so easily and without her notice, it frightened and excited her at the same time. She had always thought herself to be quite the competent human but what was she in the face of a demon like Vincent? Perhaps corruption was the only sound choice to make to gain extra power if one wanted to fight against demons. Vincent didn't even see that bad... Besides his obvious lust for women he never had struck her as overtly evil or sadistic, oftentimes giving warnings and somewhat fair chances, hell he had even taught some kids how to fish. "Why did you become a demon Vincent? you don't strike me as one of those creatures I used to hear about as a child."
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Zankio » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:40 pm

Vyn sees the caravan assembled and ready to move on. Turning to Ezra she asks, "Have any idea on how we could claim the reward for the bounty? I doubt anyone else would take the bodies, so we could always see if they would send someone out to confirm their deaths." She glances over the stripped bodies, "Either way let's continue making our way towards town, hopefully the line has shortened some by now." she said reassuringly, looking forward to a chance to sleep within city walls for once.
Zankio

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:32 pm

As Umbrage walked off it felt entirely nice to be praised but the ultimately came out of this encounter with nothing to show for it. "It isn't too hard you take a role and you fill it. If you had done the same thing with me when you first met me you may have had a good chance to stab me actually. Feigning weakness or injury lets a people underestimate you. Most of the time they won't see you as a threat. This is taking advantage of their sympathy. So it allows you time to assess your enemy's strength.... I could had taken one maybe two of them on. But the girl who approached you is trouble and I wasn't confident in your skills to fight them just yet.... Thanks for trying though. For now we have two choices head back to the Caravan and try to make money. Or we can try to steal the heads from those bodies... If you don't think we can do that I can understand." Umbrage said more than expecting to just head back to the Caravan. They needed money and soon or they wouldn't be able to appropriately gear themselves up.
KnightVanilla

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay