KUF: Vellond's Rise

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

KUF: Vellond's Rise

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Before unity, there was division.
Before order, there was chaos.
In order to rise, there must be strength.

After the last great war, the Dark Elf tribes scattered, and began to fight amongst themselves once again. No one tribe was strong enough to conquer the rest, and the struggle for conquest had no foreseeable end.

Until he came.

This un-named tribe was fresh from a recent defeat, and just beginning to settle into new lands close to the Hexter border. There, they received word from their scouts about orcs moving in their direction. The Dark Elves quickly arranged themselves into combat formations, and waited for the battle. However, they were shocked by what they would see next.

As the orc troops approached, it wasn't an ogre that was leading them, or even a larger orc. It was a...human? Then, another surprise. The orcs stop, and a single orc messenger sent forth asks for a summit between the leaders.

Dark Elves

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Your leader looks both confused and enraged by this display, but ultimately decides to agree to the summit, and proceeds forward. She is met in the center of the field chosen for this battle by the 'human' and a Lich. There, things seem to be going diplomaticly...

Orcs

The orcs were beaten, but they were still alive. Their old leader was dead, and the new one in charge told them to follow this Half-Vampire's orders as if they were his own. The man showed his strength. He killed an ogre with a single magic spell! The orcs were then marched south on orders from this man, though only enough that the other orc tribes would not feel their tribe was too weak to attack. Now instead of killing elves, their leader is...talking?
Sometimes I think i'm crazy, but then my other voice says i'm alright.

I'm not sure if i'm just too creative, or just cant focus on one thing.
Amaranis A'daragon

Re: KUF: Vellond's Rise

Postby spitfyre » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Gurukk was part of the remaining vanguard of orcs still fighting for glory. He was one of the few warriors left that engaged in the fighting first hand. His path to restore his families honor was well on its way, there was much killing and the fact that Gurukk was still alive was a testimony of his skill. After the most recent battle, the remaining forces of the Orc army were told to move on, that the march wasn't over and that the fighting wasn't finished. They were all exhausted, but they complied, knowing better to argue. Gurukk was no exception, he knew that if they went into another fight like the previous one they would all be killed. But once they got near the Dark Elf army that they were going to fight to the last, the force was commanded to halt and wait. Gurukk pushed his way to the front of the army to watch the proceedings with a bit of relief and an even larger amount of curiosity.
When life give you lemons, get sour 'bout life. Image
spitfyre

Postby Gorutsuki » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:05 am

Standing with the other Dark Elves, Dranuil was readjusting his armour straps, having hastily thrown it on when there was word of orcs coming in. After feeling pleased that he was covered form the neck down in his armour he once again checked to see if his shield and mace were not left behind. Patting himself down rather quickly he breathed out a sigh as he felt relieved that he didn't leave anything behind. However it wasn't forgetting the gear that bothered Dranuil the most, it was the fact that he was in amongst a bunch of antsy Dark Elves who were all battered and bruised about as much as he was, and they were all waiting as some kind of summit was being held, about what he couldnt begin to guess. The most worrying part though was that a human was leading the Orc batallion, or at least what seemed to be one, he hadn't quite got down what made a batallion and a platoon when he was in training, only how to fight, kill and survive to fight again. Sighing again he grew even more uncomfortable at being surrounded by so many of the more dominant sex of his race, sure he had worked his way to his position and had hoped that some of them viewed him as an equal but there was always that fear that one or several of them could act like 'she' did. The mere thought of it brought a shiver down his spine.
Gorutsuki

Postby exalted » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:51 am

Notvesu yawned as she learnt against her shield. Stuck in the middle of the ranks she strained her neck, trying to see what was going on but gave up as she saw a male dark elf a few ranks up readjusting his armour.

"Yeah boy! Take it off!" She cat called with a whistle, "Let's have something to look at back here."
exalted

Postby Gorutsuki » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Hearing the shouting and hollering of a lone female dark elf from behind him Dranuil only groaned and kept looking forward. Ignoring the calling of a single one of them would more than likely deter her from continuing. Glancing to his left and right he hopes that this one person doesn't encourage any of the nearby Dark Elves to do the same, part of him thinking it a little weird since a lot of his fellow female soldiers tend to armour up rather scantily for some reason.
Gorutsuki

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Adjusting her armor Xilice looks among her fellows, her more heavily armored approach was weird for her kind, it restricted movement but she was still quick enough to beat a human. Hearing the cry for the male among them to strip she smirked. Turning her head to look at the male. If a man wants to play soldier that's his business, She has better things to do right now, there is a large group of orcs ready to be killed once the leaders realize they have nothing to offer each other except death. "Try not to strain your armor too much male. We aren't interesting in seeing you strip just yet. After the battle If you survive however, that's another story." She smirks and looks a head towards the summit.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Everyone, I'm going to let you all be level two, so we can see how our forces are made up.

Several minutes pass, and no signs of hostility erupt from the meeting. In fact...It looks like it is going well, somehow. Finally, the 'human' and the Dark Elf leader bow to each other, and head back to their respective lines.

Orcs

The Half-Vampire returns to the front of his forces, then begins to speak.
"All of you, listen well. These elves shall become our allies, and help us gain strength in this territory. However, you must prove yourselves. I shall break these fighting forces up, and designate those amongst you as leaders."
Walking through the troops, the Half-Vampire designates Gurukk and two others to step forward. As Gurukk looks at the others, he figures out why. One was Omak, who lead a sapper troop. The other was Gort, who like you was being promoted in the field.
"You will prove yourselves to these elves. Now, set up a camp here. Sappers will begin setting up traps in the surrounding areas."

Dark Elves

The leader of the elves returns, and tells all of your troops to fall back. Surprised and probably a bit angry, she tells you all she will explain when you get back to your encampment. When you return, your Lady calls Xilice, Dranuil, and Notvesu to her tent.
"Well, here is how we stand. That 'human' was actually a Half-Vampire, and claims that he conquered that tribe. He wishes to use those troops to help us conquer this region. I said that he will have the chance to prove themselves, by helping us kill those who last defeated us. These pig men will follow our lead, so I say we use them."
Sometimes I think i'm crazy, but then my other voice says i'm alright.

I'm not sure if i'm just too creative, or just cant focus on one thing.
Amaranis A'daragon

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Hearing the news she returns to the camp with a bored expression, she was hoping on slaying the orcs but she shrugs, walking along she blinks at the call before heading to the commander's tent. Once inside she listens intent before speaking up. "And what does this blood sucker want in return?" She asks, voicing the obvious question she is sure the troops are going to want to know as well. Her eyes going to the other's asked into the tent seeing if they also wished this question answered.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Gorutsuki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:50 am

Hearing more cries and calls directed towards him the Dark Elf only let out a groan as he remained stoic, facing forward and doing his best to not let the words get to him. However as they were ordered to retreat he grew worried that some of those who called out would find him to live up to their words. A little while later though and a still gearued up Dranuil felt a little bit small being in the tent of his commander with two other of his kind, he was a little curious as to the one who opted to wear a more practical suit of heavy armour but he figured he should keep his mouth shut for now. Listening to them talk he waited for them to finish before he coughed and spoke up "it certainly does seem rather odd that one of his caliber would pick up a bunch of orcs, let alone come to us with offers of help. I must agree with my colleague in feeling suspicious of that man."
Gorutsuki

Postby spitfyre » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:43 am

Gurukk stands at attention as the half-vampire explains to them the situation. Then hearing him and a few other names being called he looked around. Seeing a sapper and another orc like him, though much stupider, stepping forward he understood. They were promoted to being at the head of the army, something Gurukk had already nearly got to, but the call coming from the leader meant to much more. Turning to the rest of the troops behind him he growled out in a loud voice, "You heard him. We are setting up camp." With that Gurukk grabbed his gear and followed the half-vampire, hoping to get more instruction and answers from him.
When life give you lemons, get sour 'bout life. Image
spitfyre

Postby exalted » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:56 am

"So we got all dressed up for nothing?" Notvesu grumbled to elves around her as they were told to retreat, disappointed her first battle would be a wash.

Her heart skipped a beat when she heard her name called as they returned to camp and was told to report to commander's tent. Her mind raced, wondering what she had been blamed for this time.

In the tent her eyes flitted about nervously, wondering what she should do as her comrades questioned the commander. Was this a test of loyalty? Was this why she was here? Test the new girl?

"As you command Madam" She smartly clicked her heels together in salute, but then thought more about it, "But... it does seem odd the Vampire would risk his forces aiding us, what does he have to gain? We just settled our people here, will we be moving again or is the Vampire hoping to weaken us and our enemy before taking what we have?"
exalted

Return to Roleplay