An Eternity in Hell

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

An Eternity in Hell

Postby Taria » Tue May 12, 2015 12:37 am

The floor feels cold. An eerie blue light fills the room, an effect from the floating flickering flames ensconced within the mouths of Victorian style gargoyle adornment placed in symmetrical pairs of two at the center of the three walls of the chamber. Everything here appears to have been carved seamlessly out of bleak grey stone. Save for an ostentatiously luminous device placed askew towards the far corner. The glow of the cylindrical disk appears to be blinking off and on until... *click*

"Umm.. Hello? Hello hello..." The quality of the voice sub par, yet reminiscent of an old tape recording. "Yes, well if you've just happened to stumble across this, I'm afraid I have some bad news. Chance are good that you are dead." The man's comes off as a bit nervous, but he delivers this new with deadpan seriousness. "Yeah, I know. It's a bit much to take, kind of confusing too." Slowly the voice takes a more friendly and empathetic tone. "I've been right where you are now, literally! I woke up in this very spot. I didn't really know what was going on though, I just sort of well, knew there were monsters..." The man quiets down as his voice trails off, "But anyways, we'll get to that part later. Hell, Hades, Netherworld, whatever you'd personally call it, this is the place we go to when we die!" Oddly enough the man sounds upbeat at this point, as if this revelation is supposed to bring some semblance of comfort to the listener. "The thing is, even though we don't have our bodies, you might have even noticed a change or two about how you look, right now, we're walking, talking, manifested souls. And well the universe, or whatever, doesn't really like that! So this realm is designed to fix you, and by fix, I mean dissolving and/or smashing your perceived self into a convenient and recyclable goop, similarly damaging your psyche, memories, and well everything that makes you you."

While the recording continues to play, the (presumably) old stone room begins to creak and moan. The blue flames flickering in the mouths of the gargoyles suddenly switch to a sickly green and a long wooden creaking can be heard from just outside the heavy metal doorway. Perhaps this is just a small portion of a much larger building.

"Now, I know this might sound a little bad, though personally I've never experienced it for myself, everything really is going to be ok! You see now you don't even need to eat or sleep anymore! Umm, but if you do too much "soul" stuff you tend to get a little tucker out.Oh! But you also won't bleed. Well... you also don't quite heal the same way either. The point is, there are ways to stay safe. Oh, and before I keep going, I should probably mention about the lights turning green. If you're ever outside, or just out in the open, places with windows, or flimsy looking doors, and you notice all the natural lighting turning green, hide. Stop whatever you are doing, don't look around, don't try to run away, don't try to fight. Run to the safest-looking place and seal your-self in." The speaker emphasizes every sylable of this last statement dramatically, and just outside the door, ragged deep heavy breathing can be heard. "Just stay quiet and ignore whatever you hear, don't talk to it, don't even try to see what's there. Stay where you are, the lights will change back to their natural color..."

GRAAAAAWRG! Emerges a monstrous scream from the other side of the doorway. Rampant, loud pounding, resounds through the door and off of every corner of the room, drowning out the much quieter in comparison recording voice. *bang* *bang* "...called" *bang* "the reaper" *bang bang*[b] "No" [b]*bang* "survives and encounter with him, not that I have ever seen." The heavy breathing once against continue now that the pounding has subsided, and the heavy shuffling of feet can be heard moving away. "Remember, just hide when the lights turn green, and stay they turn back to normal... That's the only way you know you're safe." *click As if on cue, the lights flicker and transpose to their previous blue hue. It would seem it is safe to explore... for now.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Re: An Eternity in Hell

Postby MelissaB » Tue May 12, 2015 1:02 am

Anna woke up in the room and look around, not really seeing the need to look at herself right that second, unfortunately that quickly changed for her when the voice became to explain things or rather just make her need to ask more questions of it since none of it made sense. Hearing it she listens with baited breath too nervous to speak this second she wanted to scream, to shout but well... it was kinda over now. Life just seems unimportant, odd how quickly it was she got over it, at least to her but it just felt like there was no need dwelling on it and to move on, seems that what she was doing anyway. The lack of needing food seemed nice, no need to worry about her figure now. Looking down at herself now she peered at her body. "Huh mostly the same. minus the bondage S&M gear I seem to be in." Prattling on to herself she cuts herself short of her observations to look and listening to the heavy breathing coming closer. Going to move towards it until the other voice told her not to, seems he was explaining things at the moment she took his word for it. Think it's a he anyway. What's soul stuff anyway? Listening to the banging she curled up on the floor looking at the door it was coming from not wishing to meet the person causing it as her eyes grow wide with fear, Did he say reaper? but I'm already dead... don't reapers do the whole separating your soul from your body at the moment it happens? not afterward? Losing herself to her own questions she seems once the blue returns and the monster goes away. Taking a- "Huh..." No breath, just opening her mouth and motioning to suck in fake air into fake lungs she looks about the room. Scanning the bleak grey she sees the one and only door which had the reaper behind it just moments before. "Guess I can't just stand here for the rest of eternity- Wait I actually can, odd that; but awfully dull." Shaking her head she stops talking and decides to act. Moving towards the door she slowly goes to open it and look outside to see what else there is for her to go and do. "Still need to figure out what he meant by soul stuff."
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Taria » Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 am

It takes some effort, pulling up the latch while also pushing on the heavy metal door, but it takes longer describing the action than just doing it. The first thing you see is what appears to be moonlight streaming out of an aged, wooden window. You appear to be on the upper level of an old, grandiose living area. While there are no familiar decorations to be found, just the amount of detail that went into things like the railing on the gently sloping wooden staircase to the spacious and open first floor, give the impression that maybe people lived here at some point in time. Currently, on the level you are currently located, there are only two directions: the way you came, and a close wooden door directly ahead. To the left is the stairway down, along with several more exits which a cursory glance does not reveal much about. The window is too high for you to get a good look out of, but it seems like the furthest to your left appears to be the entrance/exit to this mansion.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby MelissaB » Tue May 12, 2015 1:53 am

Anna stared out and around at the mansion before tilting her head. Believing the room a head to most likely be either another bedroom or a bathroom she elected on heading down the stairs and towards the exit which she presumed would be a big double door by the looks of the place. "Could of at least put directions up voice man." She comments holding her arms around herself for... "I feel cold dammit." She grumbles and rubs her arms with her palms comfortingly as she makes her way on wards. "This dead stuff is really getting old." She mutters as she descends the stairs, her eyes scanning the area for any traces of green light remembering she needs to run and hide, back to that room she woke up in if it appears again.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Taria » Tue May 12, 2015 2:12 am

From the view on the first floor, it is apparent there is a path downward behind the staircase. Assuming the exit is north, east prominently displays a slightly ajar door with a warm, red glowing light. To the west is just another closed door, lightly covered in webs like the rest of this place. Upon cautious approach to the exit, a subtle noise can be overheard. Someone, or something, is wheezing painfully. But, to be able to hear them on the other side of the door like this, they must be pressed right up against the spacious wooden double doors. *scritch scritch* Both doors begin to creak with pressure while something scratches upon them and their forms curve inwards towards the interior of the building, then there is another wheeze. Slowly things straighten back out and there is silence.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby MelissaB » Tue May 12, 2015 2:41 am

Looking around Anna takes a breath and nearly jumps out of her skin at the wheezing, her eyes locking on to the direction it came from with a glare of hate and fear. Walking close she gets right up to the door her legs telling her they are ready to turn and sprint away if she doesn't like what she finds behind door number one. Slowly she carefully opens the door to look out at what was possibly in pain and scratching the door.

MelissaB

Postby Taria » Tue May 12, 2015 3:03 am

As soon as the slender golden knob is angled downwards to unlatch the door, Anna is thrown backward by the force of its sudden opening. A writhing, seeping, mass of flesh completely obscures the exit. The most distinguishable feature of this wall of flesh is an emaciated face, without eyes or teeth, gasping and moaning while an accompanying pair equally weak looking arms reaches out towards the staggered Anna. The ghastly figure appears to be completely fused into the squishy prison of blood red tendon, muscle, and occasional bone shards. With a puking spurt, a rather large eyeball spews from an equally large mouth, still attached by ligament and nerve. The eye rolls through the hallway entrance lackadaisically as its stare falls upon Anna's generally direction. Spurred on by this new stimulus, several limp arms sprout from the wall and completely encompass the edges of the door, grasping and pulling their way inside as the entire mass seems to slowly begin squeezing into the building.

(Anna has received minor right arm trauma)
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby MelissaB » Tue May 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Flying back and landing hard on the floor Anna cries out and winces form the pain, her uninjured hand holding her bruised arm. "God that hurts! Why the fuck does it hurt? I'm dead!" She screams before catching sight on the the monstrous form before her trying to push its way into the mansion and what she can only assume kill her... Again. Letting out a deafening scream she scrambles to her feet and begins to start running like hell. Tears in her eyes as she storms out in the direction directly opposite of the putrid mass of bone and tendons her eyes closed as she runs off shaking her head in utter denial about what was occurring. "Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!" she continues to cry out looking for anywhere to dash and hide, cupboards a cellar at this moment, anything!

MelissaB

Postby Taria » Tue May 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Off in the opposite direction, underneath the staircase and downwards, is a cement passageway. As Anna runs her way through, a solid stone slab slides closed with a rough grinding of gears, sealing off the room. The room is dark save for a low-lit smoldering fire pit in the center of the room. A regular looking fire this time. There appears to be a few bookshelves full of dusty old tomes and rolled-up papers, accentuated by the occasional shiny precious metal statuettes. A very noticeable but dull and aged sarcophagus lies on its back against the side wall, within which Valentina currently finds herself trapped. The lid is too heavy for a person on the inside to lift alone, though one who was inside would be able to lift it just a crack. There is an oddly glowing CD inside of the sarcophagus, at Valentina's feet, the only source of light within the closed dark tomb. Its light patterns are similar to that of the device Anna had found earlier, but it is much smaller and thinner in comparison. There appears to be two levers on the wall right next to the door, both lined vertically with their knobs in the upward position. There is no distinction between them, other than one is on the left, and one is on the right.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby MelissaB » Tue May 12, 2015 8:32 pm

Panting Anna rests against the sealed stone door and takes to calm down. "What the fuck was that?! I was safer in the room. " Pausing she glances forward at the secret looking room. "Where the fuck am I now?" She looks around nervous to see where she found herself after running in a blind panic. Clutching her arm she hisses in pain before stepping further into what looks like a grave or liar of a very stereotypical vampire. Looking around she sees the coffin and laughs. "Yeah not a fucking chance not after that thing." She shakes her head and keeps walking ignoring it completely before seeing the levers. "Let me guess one lets me out the other lets the monster in that coffin out." She growls at the sick game before looking her arm over. "It's nothing..." She shakes her head and looks at the levers before finally after moving back and forth between them pulls the one on the left. Jumping to spin and turn on the coffin instantly in case it opened.

MelissaB

Postby spitfyre » Tue May 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Valentina wakes up to find herself on the inside of a coffin and immediately begins to panic. Never one to enjoy tight spaces she exclaims out loud. "What the hell? One moment. Oh my god. I was shot. What the hell? Where am I? SOMEONE HELP ME!" the last bit she screamed as she began to panic and bang on the walls and the ceiling, trying to make enough noise to get someone to hear her.
When life give you lemons, get sour 'bout life. Image
spitfyre

Postby Taria » Tue May 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Anna pulls the lever on the left and a heavy thud resonates within the door. With the grinding of gears the solid stone slab slowly lifts up, reopening the passageway up. Valentina bangs on the lid of the sarcophagus, causing it to rattle and jump as her screams escapes, intermittently muffled.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby MelissaB » Tue May 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Jumping at the screams Anna turns around and peers at the lid and remember what was up passed that entrance flip the switch to hopefully close it, then she'll deal with the woman screaming in a coffin. Hoping the lever flip works she turns around on the coffin. "Okay shut it! Yeah... Okay I've not really the patience to explain it, barely explained to me... You're dead you see... This is apparently Hell. Certainly got that feel, the monsters too. So if I help you out you don't try and eat me deal?" Anna asks and presuming the screaming woman agrees tries to help push the sarcophagus' lid off and onto the floor behind it, potentially freeing the woman inside.

MelissaB

Postby spitfyre » Wed May 13, 2015 12:23 am

Valentina shuts up immediately at the sound of another person there to rescue her. She then replies in a small voice, " I know I'm dead, I can tell, I. I was shot. I would never eat you." With that she began pushing on the lid of the sarcophagus with all her strength, trying to get it open, as Anna pushed from the outside.
spitfyre

Postby Taria » Wed May 13, 2015 8:06 pm

With a heavy metallic thud, the lid of the sarcophagus falls behind the interior chamber, now lying against the wall. With the lever returned to its original position, the room is once again sealed, and filled with darkness. Only the pit in the center burns with light, casting long shadows all throughout the room and along the walls. A soft whispering fills the air, unintelligible and mystic. Wind is then heard, yet not felt and the whispers are "blown" away. Loud clinking can be heard as Valentina moves about inside the ancient casket, drawing attention towards the shiny golden disk at her feet. It blinks with red and blue lights in response to the jostling about, despite appearing featureless and smooth.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby MelissaB » Thu May 14, 2015 3:29 am

"Okay you better not!" She grumbles before grunting with exertion from removing the heavy lid off of the coffin. Sighing with relief Anna leans back on the wall and looks around the room once more her eyes darting towards the barely heard voice or even voices before shrugging as she hears nothing. Staring at the gold disk Anna tilts her head to the side. "What the hell is that then?" She peers at it curiously before looking at the remaining lever. "Guess righty was the right one. go figure. Also we don't wanna try left, I left a monster behind me coming in and it opens the entrance back up." She gives a nervous smile before slumping against the wall ready to pull the lever should Val be less than pleasant company.

MelissaB

Postby spitfyre » Thu May 14, 2015 5:39 am

As the sarcophagus opened Valentina scrambled out of it, lightly crying from the emotions running through her. Seeing her savior she ran over to her and hugged her tightly saying, "Thank you. Thank you so much.", all the while crying and blubbering like the child she was. After a few moments, Valentina quickly realized what she had done and released the woman, looking and feeling a bit ashamed at herself. "I'm sorry. Forgive me." She said as she turned away from Anna blushing. Walking back over to the disk, Valentina picks it up and examines it, and says, " I don't really know what it is. I just woke up in the coffin with it." Then, after beaming at Anna she says, "I will just follow your lead, my name is Valentina by the way, Valetina Stukov."
spitfyre

Postby MelissaB » Thu May 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Gasping at the hug Anna bites her lip nervously while her breasts mash into the other woman's before nodding. "Yeah yeah, it's fine, no need to hug me. We're all dead together and what not." Anna shakes her head and shrugs to herself before watching Val just picks up the disc. "Okay. I guess we can just pull this lever." She mumbles not too keen on leading others right now before finally pulling the remaining lever and looking around to see what it actually did.

MelissaB

Postby Taria » Thu May 14, 2015 4:12 pm

The air pressure within the room subtly drops as the fire pit in the center of the room can briefly be seen falling down a long shaft, leaving the room in complete and utter darkness. No more than few seconds after the room went dark, the whispering returns, somewhat louder. They mystery ethereal voice seems to be chuckling wickedly.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby spitfyre » Thu May 14, 2015 6:57 pm

When the lights went out and the voices started getting louder, Valentina started to slowly back up, until she felt a wall behind her. Then saying to Anna, "I, I think we should get out of here." and then slowly moves her way to the exit.
spitfyre

Next

Return to Roleplay