FTL: Desperate Measures

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: FTL: Desperate Measures

Postby VintageBass » Thu May 21, 2015 5:44 am

Trying to focus himself away from the Zoltan lingering close to him, Áron locks his gaze on the captain and drowns out the talk to instead focus on what his leader is telling him to. The crystal shifts in his seat, trying to cover up a bit from what the captain was doing earlier, just wondering what does she see in this hunk of crystal... besides maybe through, perhaps. At least it is getting him something to distract him away from the Zoltan, and it does have him thinking about just how attractive his leader is. Plus considering his age to the rest of the crew, it does sort of make sense for the less formalities, but even if he is older, he still wants to show respect towards his superiors and he isn't going to stop until he learns to control it.

Hearing about where he is ending up got his excitement crushed like in a rockman's fist. Surveillance and the boarding party? He has spent time doing research into how to properly care for people in and out of the ship, and he ends up at one of the most boring job, one of which doesn't need him once the upgrades are in place? Áron just took in a long, deep and heavy breath before letting it all out in one long sigh, feeling disappointed that he is ended up in such a cramp little space instead of being in a more spacious room like the medbay. At least he can be there just in case someone decides to come on board and attack them, but still he rather be away from the cameras...

Although feeling the ship shaking is quickly changing his mind. Taking no chances to think, Áron bolts towards his new position and immediately got himself seated, getting himself acquainted with the tech around him. They need some eyes out to see what is attacking them and he's their only way of knowing. Áron looks around in a panic to see what is going on outside, trying to learn what is attacking them before reporting it to the rest of the crew.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby spriter1 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:17 am

Anna listened on as the captain talked to the crew members, taking note of people names and their positions at it continued on. The Engi also took note of the captain, moreso from seeing other people examining her and wondering herself what the fuss is about. Her thought process is cut iff though as the girl walks out of the room, with Anna taking that opportunity to turn around and was about to begin conversing with her fellow crewmates, at least until the ship started to shake, knocking Anna off balance and onto her knees, but the Engi didn't even need to be told of the problem as the intercom came on and started explaining the situation, with her already getting up onto her feet and then sprinting down as fast as she can to reach the engine rooms to assist in take-off. When she reaches it, she would quickly try to help get the engines powered up enough to allow them to get out of here as fast as possible.
spriter1
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby cryosabre » Thu May 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Cinder stood to attention as the captain addressed them all and issued them their work details, pulsing her usual happy yellow at the thought of being able to take off soon and see what adventures lay ahead. She relaxed her body as the Captain left the medbay and turned around to see the human who had been announced as the pilot asking which Zoltan was which, looking at the other Zoltan for a second Cinder confidently raises her hand in the air and announces "I'm not Tesla! pleased to meet you Lotus!" Plusing a brighter yellow and shaking Lotus' hand fervently for a couple of seconds before turning her full attention towards Geralt, "That's an awesome Idea! I'd love to play cards som-mmmphmmhppphmhmhmhmmph" her words muffled due to Geralt pressing her into his chest as the ship starts to shake around them.

When Geralt releases her and runs off Cinder stands around for a minute watching in amusement as everyone rushes to get to their stations once the intercom informs them of the situation, "oooooh we're under attack? somebody should really make sure the...shields...are...OH SHI-" Bolting past everyone else to get to her station as quickly as she could, a slight red pulse coming from her body as a small amount of panic started to set in. Bursting through the door, the instruments in the room start to crackle to life as Cinder lets out her electrical field to activate the shield systems before she even reaches the controls, pressing forward on a couple of levers and twisting a few nobs, sending power to fully charge the ships shields, "Phew...that should make us a little less screwed..." Cinder muttered to herself as she kept a close eye on the monitors showing the shields status.
Who needs Skyrim when you have Oblivion?! - Pugna
cryosabre

Postby venomouswings » Thu May 21, 2015 10:38 pm

Tesla dimmed when she was told to man the secondary weapons. All her years of training of maintaining systems mostly being shields now going to waste and the ships weapon systems. "I better make my way down there now then." She said was sadness in her voice as she made her way out of the door. Taking the elevator she arrived at the secondary weapons in a short time and got herself settled in quickly. "Umm let's see power up weapon systems." She looked around the room to quickly find away to power the weapons up before finding a button that simply had "On." Above it. "Whoops silly me, well I guess I'll just wait till we need-" And then the captain came on and said they were under attack. "And boop! Weapons systems online captain!"
venomouswings

Postby RussianTitan » Thu May 28, 2015 6:20 am

The ship rumbles to life as regulations go out the window. Shields power up just in time for lasers to slam into the energy field and demand immediate power redistribution before more crash into the ship. Several other ships right beside the Peregrine don't manage to get their defenses online in time and their systems suffer for it. With the others unable to launch the crew manages to get their ship moving and firing all engines toward the docking bay exit only to zoom through at dangerous velocity, breaking out into the the darkness of space. A darkness that's soon lit up by laser fire and the rushing engines of missiles. Soon the captain orders a jump to light speed without the destination set, just the hell away from this clusterfuck. While Cinder desperately works the shields to keep them up and Anna furiously reconfigures the engine's power levels and preps the engines to engage the FTL drive before the world outside the Peregrine turns white and the crew is hurtling through space toward an unknown destination. As your ship courses threw the stars Lotus is the first to realize that something is ever so slightly amiss. Checking the navigation computer with a building sense of dread she realizes that while the ship was originally locked onto set coordinates, these directions had fail in your great escape, threatening to dump you were only god knows. As the pilot turns to report the Captain she feels a hand on her shoulder, stern enough to stop her from moving. "Now Lotus, I realize you are aware of the computer error but I need you to do me a favor, and keep this from the crew." Captain Stromonov says the armored girl as she slowly spin her chair. "You must realize the effects of letting the crew panic, and we will tell them in time, but for now we keep silent. Am I understood?" The captain finishes, turning away to approach her chair and activating the ships PA System. "Attention all crew this is your captain speaking. I know you must be shaken by the attack but I can reassure you that we have made it to our destination quite safely. Take this time to rest and relax, in 10 hours we will be approaching the nearest planet to scan for signs of life and possibility of foundation." With that the ships communications cut and the captain walks out of the Cockpit, most likely heading to her quarters.

If any of the crew takes the opportunity to look out of the ships many viewpoints they notice that were ever they have ended up in the vast deposit of space that they are within close range of a planet. The planet is of a medium size, and seems to have a dark green tint to it. Whether or not this is from the atmosphere or from the planets natural ground is uncertain. Surrounding the orb is a mass rotation of rock, possibly meteors or maybe small moons. When it comes to you exact location any of the crew could access there WMD and find the ships coordinates in space, but if you made it to your original destination or not is uncertain, for you did not know of your original destination to begin with.
Last edited by RussianTitan on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RussianTitan

Postby MelissaB » Thu May 28, 2015 6:47 am

Crashing into open space Lotus nods and punches the FTL drive as soon as there is power to fuel it, slamming into the white void as the ship is skyrocketed across space. panting she has a moment of relief before checking the readings and moving to stand only to be put back down in her chair by the cpatain. Gulping she nods and listens to her. "Captain They- Yes Ma'am." She sulks a little but seems to acknowledge her reasoning even if she obviously doesn't like having to keep a secret from the entire crew. As the captain turns away from her Lotus sighs and goes back to trying to figure out where they'll be ending up at least have some info and if they could possibly rejump to the correct coordinates. Listening to the announcement Lotus burns before looking at her Captain leave. "Captain- As much as I dislike this but If we are keeping this a secret you may want to make sure no one can just come in here and look at where we are." She offers while motioning to the console that gives the readings before she can get too far away, now focusing on a steady path towards the nearest planet not requiring a great deal of her attention to maintain.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby VintageBass » Sat May 30, 2015 4:09 am

Feeling the ship rocking around, Áron kept himself bolted into his seat, making sure that he isn't going to go flying or get anything damage in the process. Once the shaking comes to its end and everyone is the clear, the Crystal lets out a sigh of relief as he leans back in his seat and looks up at the monitors. He takes notice of the cockpit and see the captain talking to Lotus, wondering just what the two of them are talking about, but can't make anything out due to the lack of audio coming from it. He shakes his head, thinking it's nothing to worry himself over, relieved that they have made it out alive, and he listens to his captain's words before getting up from his seat.

The Crystal stretches for a moment, glad that he is able to leave his station for a moment as he wants to do something that doesn't involve looking at a bunch of monitors showing abosutly nothing other than empty corridors, his fellow crewmates lounging about and the deadness that is space. At least he can keep an eye on things, but if he's not doing something in-between he's going to get crazy sitting in that cramp room. Áron makes his way back towards the medbay, getting another good look around and see if there's any books that could be in here for him to read up on, if not he can head back towards his room and get the books he have brought along so he can brush up on his studies and take the time to learn a bit more about his crew to make sure they stay alive long enough.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Albedo28 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:22 am

Geralt sighs as the ship comes out of its FTL drive and goes back to lazily floating in space. He'd not had too much to really do given the ship didn't find any suitable targets during that mystery attack upon the cadets' docked ships. Right now things seemed to be sorting out fairly decently for the moment. Moving from the weapons console he heads back toward the med bay himself, with the shield room being his ultimate goal. He nods to the crystal crewman, Aron, as they both walk in the same direction though he chooses not to speak to him at this point. He was more interested in seeing what Cinder was doing and how she'd handled being so busy during that attack. Her work very well may have saved all their lives and he intended to thank her for it and maybe see if she was interested in that card game still. When he finally opens the door to the shield generator room he waves to the Zoltan at the controls, "Hey there, Cinder. Mighty fine work you managed. Ship hardly has a scratch on it." he says in his gravely voice. "Looks like you and the human are vying for MVP right now."
"Once you go dragon, you go wheelchair." -MelissaB
Albedo28

Postby cryosabre » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Cinder wiped some imaginary sweat from her imaginary brow as she watched the monitors closely, "Geez that was a close one....just as well I'm so damn awesome.." she mumbled to herself, pulsing a slight shade of yellow in relief at seeing how her quick work had made it so that the shields had narrowly managed to power up just before a lazer beam, intent in slicing the ship in half, had cut through the hanger. Even though Cinder could feel the fear in her plasma body at the thought of being under attack from some unknown enemy, she couldn't deny how great she felt with the rush of surviving flowing through her body, just because it was going to be a challenge to survive this war didn't mean it couldn't be some fun!

Cinder watched in amazement through the windows in the roof of the shield room as the ship was surrounded in a brilliant white light as it hurtled through FTL before coming to rest again in the darkness of space, the only abnormal colors in the deep blackness being a few stray stars and an odd greenish planet. Cinder was standing in so much awe at reaching their destination unscathed she didn't hear the automatic door behind her opening, causing her to jump when she heard the hard voice of Geralt behind her. However she flashed a brighter yellow as she seen him and ran over to give him a hug, "hey there Mr. Ro- *ahem* Geralt! Heh you're way to nice, though it was suuuuuper close, but I think I did alright..." Trying her best to sound modest at the last part, when really she felt a large pang of pride at Geralt's words to her, "So what can I do ya' for in my little work station?" she asked as she stepped back with her glowing green hands on her hips.
cryosabre

Postby spriter1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:51 pm

As the ship's FTL drive starts up, Anna keeps her eyes trained on the controls to make sure that everything is optimal as they jump through hyperspace. When they finally stop however, Anna gives a sigh of relief, looking out the window of the engine bays to see it seems that they have arrived at their destination, with the intercom only seeming to confirm her suspicions, making the engi feel a sense of calm afterwards. With that, she quickly checks to see if any systems are in need of repair.
spriter1

Postby venomouswings » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Tesla was to busy writing the new names for all of the buttons and systems in the weapons room to take notice that they jumped to a new sector of space, minus a strange pull on her body for a short time. "Ok now that is the big blasto mcboom boom!" She scribbled it next to the button with her marker pen. "Now to do the door." Stepping out she began to scribble above the door the rooms new name "Tesla's blast lab." Feeling happy with her changes she decided to wander the ship aimlessly for a period of time.
venomouswings

Postby RussianTitan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:08 pm

As you all take time to relax and talk to each other within the ship the PA system crackles to life once again, your captains voice filing the air. "Attention crew, this is the captain speaking. I would like to personally thank everyone for keeping cool heads and operating at maximum efficiency in light of recent events. While the surprise attack took us off guard I believe that if we continue to operate to this level our mission will be successful. Now onto other matters at hand I am sure that all of you have noticed the giant green planet outside our ship and I will confirm this our first target. For now I want everyone to take time to relax and get some rest, we embark at 0800 vessel time." With that the ship's speakers cut once again. Should anyone take the time to check your WMD you notice that it is currently 1600 vessel time.

Lotus-
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

"I'm sure you will deal with the necessary components" the captain yells back over her shoulder as she leaves the room. Your piloting goes rather smoothly. The ship was obviously built for all sorts of maneuvers and just seeming to hum at your fingertips with untouched potential. As you bring the ship closer to the planet you manage to plant it just within the sphere's orbit, allowing your landing shuttle to move quickly to the surface while keeping the main ship safe. Putting the ship into auto pilot leaves your duties complete, allowing you to explore or relax for awhile till the captain calls for you again.

Tesla-

Admiring you handiwork you just finished the sign before you head a slight cough behind you. As a sense of dread fills your body, you slowly turn to realize it was the captain behind you, reading your sign with a raised eyebrow. "While I approve of situating yourself with you station, I would like to remind you that you should probably bring further...modifications to the ship to my attention first." The captain says with a wink before moving on, heading off to the elevator towards the 2nd floor without letting you get a word in edgewise.

Aron-

As you search the med-bay, your quest for literature comes up empty handed but you do remember being there being a rec-room on the lower deck, maybe there was a digital collection for you to entertain yourself with. Returning to your room you have yourself a few moments of peace and quiet, reading through the military records of your cremates as it gives you their basic information. Eventually a gentle knock sounds at your door, quickly followed by the voice of your new captain through it "May I enter, Ensign Aron?"

Anna-

Moving around the engines you manage to find no hard damage to the system, the shields having held well against the surprise attack. Your search does bring up a peculiar note though. You notice that the engine seems to be bare, as if it was built to allow for upgrades and modifications to the system. A quick check on your PDA confirms this suspicion. Within the ships description it highlights, that while the ship made top of the line, it was also left with room to improve, allowing for the crew to adapt it to any scenario they needed.
RussianTitan

Postby Albedo28 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Geralt could feel himself perk up at the Zoltan's cheery attitude and friendly hug. If he had lips he would have been smiling. Placing a hand upon his fellow crewmate's back he hums to himself for a moment before the PA comes on and informs them of their departure time. "Looks like we have half a day to spend before running off to scout for ore and the like, Cinder. Maybe you'd like to have that card game now or is there something you'd rather do with your time? We've a whole crew to get to know, though I thought starting with you would be a great way to begin, seeing as how you're rather talented at how you work your station." The rockman grumbles out in his gravely voice. He lets go of the smaller female and looks down at her, trying to seem as pleasant as a mask of stone could.
"Once you go dragon, you go wheelchair." -MelissaB
Albedo28

Postby VintageBass » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:04 am

Áron is a bit disappointed in the lack of reading material in the medbay, hoping that he can brush up on his skills but figure that material of that sort wouldn't be much use with how things are working here. Instead, he ventures towards the recreational hall to get what is there and head on back to look through what he has brought back with him. The Crystal can certainly enjoy a moment of peace and quiet, after that little scare from earlier, and he goes through the data on the crew before he hears the knock and the captain's voice at the door.

In the back of his head, Áron recalls the looks she was giving him and pondering just what she has in mind. If it is something else, it might be wise to know what is going on, possibly get an idea on what was going on earlier. He got up and opens up the door for his captain, looking down at her with a stoic look on his face. "Hello Captain, what brings you here?" he asked. In the back of his mind, he ponders the idea of wearing something, especially in front of the captain, but he wants to know what is going on first before getting back to his reading.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby MelissaB » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:12 am

Grumbling at the captain's words she pilots the ship into orbit of the Green planet, taking it steady before engaging the autopilot to hold them in orbit. Sighing Lotus steps from the controls and heads out of the cockpit. Locking the door as she leaves she looks around making sure no one can get inside to view he readings telling them where they are. If anyone asks she's simply going to say she was ordered to lock the door which isn't that much of a lie.

Walking through the ship lotus makes her way to hers and Anna's room and begins settling up her stuff, putting it away now that she has time to do so and isn't quite so eager to run around the new ship to see the cockpit. Slumping on her bed she lets out a soft sigh and looks up at the metal ceiling, deciding to have some time alone before she meets the rest of the group to get to know them. "Maybe that engi will stop by, might be good to get to know my roommate after all."
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby spriter1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:43 am

Hearing that they have arrived at their first destination, Anna gave something similar to a sigh of relief as she listened to the intercom, going about the panels to make sure everything was optimum before checking on the engines themselves to see if they needed any repairs. Happy with the fact that they seemed to be in top shape, Anna made a note to remember that they could be improved. after all, if there is room for improvement, then why not make such an improvement? It would have to wait though, with Anna quickly going through her priorities and checking on the PDA to see if any rooms need repair, which if they are needed, she would go to and fix. If not, she would just go to her new room to begin unpacking.
spriter1

Postby cryosabre » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:32 am

Cinder cocked her head as she listened to the announcement, the ears that weren't there homing into the sound of the captain explaining the departure details before she starts to pulse her happy yellow again as Geralt talks to her in his grating voice, "Sure, I would love to! Those other guys can wait, I've got to kick your rocky butt at cards first mister!" obvious delight in the voice emanating from her featureless face at the thought of not only getting to explore the new green planet, but also at having the opportunity of spending some time with the large rockman. She looked up towards his face as he finally released her, though Cinder could have quite happily stayed in the embrace as her pulsing starts to change to a playful light blue, "Soooooo Geralt, how about we make the card game interesting and put a little wager on it!..." Cinder had always enjoyed being the adventurous type, but she enjoyed getting others to do things that made her laugh even more as she continued, "How about the loser has to do anything the winner wants?" her blank screen of a face looking up to geralt, expectantly awaiting an answer to her dare.
cryosabre

Previous

Return to Roleplay