Dungeon of the Doomed King

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Dungeon of the Doomed King

Postby HarleyLocal605 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Callista bites her lips as she looks over both of the elves smiling. "Going in blind to any area of possible issue is a fools errand, so it was only natural for us to ask some of the more reputable folk in the nearby area. What's your name handsome?" she inquires stepping out of the middle of the party.
HarleyLocal605

Postby MelissaB » Mon May 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Seeing the two elves offer no threat to her or her companions Liel relieves herself of her combat stance brought up by their sudden appearance as she once again shoulder's her greatsword and looks around with a small smile, she enjoyed how peaceful Elven communities were, even if they were chaotic in how they worked or dealt with others. "Greetings." She offers before seeing Callista and shakes her head with a smile. "My companions speak true. We are here to see if you could offer us any aid in the way of information or transport to Stilts Town so we may rid it of it's odious undead and destroy the source of their rising." She regards the maiden with the bow a moment before flapping her wings a little as she stretches them, working out the kinks from their lack of use. "Is there someone we can speak to about such?" She asks the male that spoke though her eyes cast over the female from time to time to check the position of that bow.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Kankra » Sun May 31, 2015 9:33 pm

Sheera let her half-drawn swords slide back into their sheaths, after identifying the elves as no apparent threat. She didn't step forward or speak up, instead she just casually leant herself against a nearby tree, listening and watching carefully with crossed arms how the situation unfolded.
Kankra

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:07 am

As Callista approaches the male Elf, he gives a broad smile at her comment on his appearance. Bowing low, he replies, keeping his eyes on her. "My name is Mosarin, my lady. And my companion here is Tarji. She prefers to remain unseen if she can help it". Tarji herself nods herself, sweeping her gaze across the entire party as if looking for some sign of danger. It was clear that she was at the very least one of the guards. "So, you travel west?" he contains, straightening himself up and letting his attention go to Liel and back to Callista. "Stilt Town is a dangerous place right now. It wasn't friendly before, but at least back then the dead didn't roam the streets in packs. If you want to head that way, we know of a few routes there. None are entirely safe, but... depending on your definition of danger, a couple may be more agreeable than others"

Casually he glides past the group and into the opening. "If you'd care to accompany me to my home, I could go into more detail. Even on this side of the barrier, one can never be too careful about spies"
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby HarleyLocal605 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:22 am

Callista smiles and steps forward holding her hand almost pale hand out for the elf. "I would be delighted to, Mosarin...", she said with a grin. "And I couldn't agree with you more that in these dangerous privacy is of the utmost importance", waiting to see if the elf accepts her hand in walking her back to his place. "If we decide to split up while in the forest for provisions, or other information, what is the most easily identifiable place that my companions and I could use at a meeting place?"

Looking at Liel and the others in the group, Callista inquires "If we are to split up as well here, when should we meet back up? Not saying that we should, but I'm only making the decision to go to Mosarin's abode for myself, as I don't want to speak for others, should they be looking at doing anything else while we are here."
HarleyLocal605

Postby Firehead » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Kryth moves beside the Elf planning to go with him and learn what he knows Very well we can talk this over somewhere more private. At Call's mention of a meeting place lizard pipes up Perhaps somewhere we could get a good hot meal before we leave for the wilds would suit best.
Firehead

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:42 am

Liel looks at Callista and shakes her head. "We are here for information only. I will not be delayed because you decided to sate your desires human." Seeing the lizard woman take up the offer as well she relents and shakes her head moving back to the elven maiden dubbed Tarji. "Go and speak with him, get what you can." She glances at the others and shrugs a shoulder. "Sometimes arguing is pointless." Taking a breath she regards the elven woman a moment before nodding. "Is there a place we could get some food or other travel provisions?" She asks softly her wings flapping a little as she takes a look at her companions.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Kankra » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Sheera listened only with one ear, still being bored to death by the delay of their journey. Eventually, she moved away from the tree and sided with Liel. "I agree with the Celestian. Preparation is half the battle. Supplies would be of good use to us." she said, waiting for answer from the elf.
Kankra

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:54 pm

Callista and Kryth

With a smile Mosarin accepts Callista's hand, his grip gentle as he guides the two women to his home.

Gliding into his home which turns out to be a spacious place formed from the roots of the tree and with vines hanging over the enterance. Inside was a simple table and bed, shelves lined with potions and herbs, and with a wolfskin rug. On closer examination, the roots that form the walls have very fine veins of magic running through them and bathing the interior in a soft light. Taking his hand back, he pulled down a skull and placed it on the table. The skull itself was plainly draconic, but far too small to belong to any drake or dragon. "If you intend to travel through this area, then I will give you what wisdom I can" he said, crossing his legs as he sat down. "The skull on the table belonged to a Kobold. They used to live near the volcano but the tribes have been pushing down here recently. Their camps are small, but the distances between them quite short. I can teach you what to look out for or, if time is no issue, I should be able to provide you with a safe route around what they claim as their tarratory"

Liel and Sheera

Tarji glances from the Celestian to the Human and back again, not quite sure what to make of a noble paladin out and around with a barbarian. But then, such things weren't her concern, just the security of the nation. Still, at least they weren't at each other's throats. "We have a communal hall where we eat, in the lowest boughs of the Great Tree" she said in a surprsingling light voice. "There is a single set of steps that circle up the trunk and pass it. I'm afraid I can't take you there, as my duties keep me on guard here. I hope you like Elven food, as there is little deman for Humann cooking here, and we have no real experience preparing Celestian dishes"
Gorbaz

Postby Firehead » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Taking a cursory glance over the elves home she found the spacious, simply furnished home to be inviting. As the elf set down the skull she got ready to get down to business. Time is a factor for our journey; though we don't have time for constant conflicts with tribes of kobolds either. Teaching us how to recognize claimed territories will be very helpful if you would.
Firehead

Postby spitfyre » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Kairon follows behind Tarji and the others and clears his throat after she explains how they eat. He then says to the three of them with a smile, "I hope it's not too much trouble if I tag along? I haven't had much to eat all day and from the rumors, Elven food is supposed to be the best."
When life give you lemons, get sour 'bout life. Image
spitfyre

Postby HarleyLocal605 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:52 am

Callista seems very giddy as she notices the magic coursing through the roots, and smiles at seeming the wolfskin rug that if time were permitting she would be glad to be lying on her bare back getting ravaged by this handsome elf. But knowing that this is a time of business rather than pleasure, and wanting to not piss off her Celestian companion in the other group, she sat down foregoing her previously enamored nature with the elf, still smiling at just how well this interior was done.

"I'm in complete agreement, as though time is a concern, not getting tangled up by constant bands of kobolds, would definitely slow us down. Meaning no having to stop or turn around and rest," Callista said, as she continued to think of ways that they could beat anyone else to the dead city. "Actually could you also prime us on possible vegetation specific to this area that we might want to collect, and might want to avoid during any time of rest along our way? This would be advisable, to assist in stretching rations."
HarleyLocal605

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:53 am

Liel merely smiles at the woman. "A trait I believe many have. Though I doubt they are as different as you are lead to think." She smirks and looks over at Kairon with a nods. "You may, go on, go get some food. try to be polite about it." She smirks and looks down at the elf. "Just try not to look down while you climb the stairs." She laughs before closing her eyes and refitting her emotionless expression. "Thank you for your hospitality." She dips her head a little towards Tarji, she did always like elves, deadly but polite for the most part. "I think I'll stay here for a while, I think I shall remain here for a while longer, not that hungry and i'll give me a chance to catch any of you should you fall off the tree."

MelissaB

Postby Kankra » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:17 pm

"Ugh. Elven food... First I die from boredom and now from starvation..." Sheera thought, letting out a quiet mumble. "I'll stay with you, Celestian. Thank you for the kind offer, mylady, but I'll pass." she said, stepping next to Liel.
Kankra

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:06 am

Calista and Kryth:

A smile came across the Elf's lips and gave a nod. "You show more wisdom than most out of the east. Know what is before you and thus be prepared, rather than hope to avoid and trust to fate". He tapped the skull he had taken down with his right hand, left briefly scratching his beard. "This is the skull of a drake. While they are a related species, Kobolds like nothing more than to mark their territory with the skulls and bones of their larger cousins. If you see one without the rest of the skeleton, then you know they will not be far. And don't be concerned about directions either. You would know if you were already in their claimed land".

Turning his head, he glanced over at the various plants and containers aligned on a shelf. Most were freshly-picked and looked healthy, but a partitioned group were much more sickly. "Those are the kinds of plants beyond the divide. They used to be healthy, but now we are not so sure. To be safe, the red heartberries that grow on the low bushes in these wooded areas should still be good, and the common nettles that grow there are seemingly effective at cleansing poisons"

Kairon:

The directions lead you to the Elven feasthall - a long building make out of the wood of the tree's intertwining branches. Inside there were a few tables and chairs, mostly without occupants, and a table at one side with a fine selection of foods. Most were soft breads or meats, and others were well cooked wraps, and even some meat and veg salads

Liel and Sheera:

Tarji gave a little shrug as she kept scanning the trees. "If you wish to remain here, that is fine. I can't guarantee i'll be good conversation, but if you want to ask me anything I'll try to answer" she said, hands constantly holding her bow in a state of readieness indicating that she would respond instantly should trouble arise
Gorbaz

Postby Firehead » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:45 am

Kryth'sas listened intently to the Elf's lecture; looking over the skull as well as the various plants making sure to remember them for later. After he finished Kryth shook his hand, "Thank you for the information. We'll be sure to make good use of it on our way to Silt Town." Having no more questions for Mosarin the Lizard takes her leave heading in the general direction of the feast hall to meet up with the others. Along the way she decides to take in the sights taking a less direct, more winding path. On her way she took note of the sky; wondering how late in the day it was.
Firehead

Postby spitfyre » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Kairon took a deep breath and inhaled the mouth watering aroma of the food served. He then kept moving, filling up a plate with plenty of food. He then finds a seat at the table and begins to eat, only half aware of his surroundings.
When life give you lemons, get sour 'bout life. Image
spitfyre

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Liel tilts her head. "I prefer action, at least here I have a greater chance of running into it rather than dining while I wait on my companions to finish speaking to your kin." She shrugs and looks at the forest line her wings flapping gently behind her. "If you prefer solitude however we can go elsewhere." She states softly, her voice soft and lacking any negative emotion within as she speaks, her blue eyes staring at the elven beauty.

MelissaB

Postby HarleyLocal605 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:05 am

Closely studying the skull and the plants, Callista departs following Kryth'sas, waving at Mosarin. "Goodbye handsome, til I see you again," she teased flashing him a smile as she followed the Lizard out on the winding path.

"So, I wonder if any other groups are coming this way...If not we have a little more wealth of knowledge that can probably make up for any lost time, wouldn't you say?" Callista inquired to Kryth'sas.
HarleyLocal605

Postby Kankra » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:39 pm

"Let's just hope something happens. I could use a good fight by now." Sheera said, pulling her swords again to do a few more acrobatics with them.
Kankra

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay