Metamorphosis IC

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Metamorphosis IC

Postby Vhexo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Jonathan raised an eyebrow as he saw someone dresses in the same clothes as him run out of the forest, and he gripped a little bit tighter on his spear, remembering the things Tarm's brother said about them. When the man mentioned a monster however, he quickly looked at Tarm and his brother, seeing what they would do, and Jonathan would try to act accordingly, helping the two natives.
Vhexo

Postby RavenLord » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Aeryn - Nobudi

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Finding shelter proves to be difficult. Thick blanket of trees surrounding the two girls makes things more difficult by blocking their vision, shrouding the distances. For a while Aeryn and Rosalee wander the forest in search of a shelter, accompanied by the usual sounds of the jungle. As time passes, sky get darker and air gets colder. A howl is head at the distance, further accentuating just how important it is find somewhere safe. Yet without a way to take lay of the land around her, Aeryn can only navigate blindly, which does no yield any results. After an hour sent in frustration, luck finally smiles upon Aeryn. She and Rosalee come upon a tree that is taller and larger than any other they have come across. From the top, Aeryn cna get a good view of their surrounding, if she can climb it that is.

Sean, Jonathan - Spitfyre, Vhexo

Fortunately for Sean, two native at the front only spare him a second long glance before returning their attention back to wall of trees behind him, allowing him to safely pass by them.The moment Sean stops though, exhaustion hits him full force, bringing him onto his knees. His lungs burn like they are set on fire. His hearts hammers in his chest and he is breathing very fast. It is only with herculean effort that he can haul himself onto his feet and lean against a tree safe distance away from the trio of masked people.

Meanwhile Jonathan is waiting. He is some distance behind Tarm and his brother and all tree of them are focused ahead. Yet there is not a single sound, except of the newcomers breathing. All is silent. Jonathan feels a sense of dejavu accompanying the dread rising in his chest.

A minute passes, then another followed by another. Just as he was about the break silence, it appears, lunging out from the shadows between the trees. It is big, bigger than the previous monster and a lot more bulkier. A mountain of muscle, It's body is covered by orange fur with black stripes. Unlike the previous monster though, this monster has a more feline look. It's mouth is open, showing its' sword like teeth. One can call it a cross between sabretooth and a tiger if it hasn't been so disproportionate.

Tarm and his brother move quickly and dodge to sides. Beast lands on the pot they occupied few seconds ago. Tarm stabs with his spear, pulling the beast's attention and a deadly dance begins.

Melanie - Gorbaz

map.jpg
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby Nobudi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:52 am

Rosalee was getting awfully cold by the time the time she found a potential spot in the crooks of a rather large tree.
"Rosalee, stay with me here," she murmured, trying to keep the shivering girl awake.
Too many stories of people freezing to death sounding like Rosalee's situation was making her antsy.
"Think you can climb?" she asked softly, not really expecting an answer.
If she could climb herself, Aeryn was determined to get Rosalee to piggyback on her while she scaled to tree.
To prevent any cuts on her palms while doing this, she savagely bit and tore the sleeves of her current shirt to wrap on her hands.
Nobudi

Postby Gorbaz » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Melanie looked down at the map she had. In a way it did help, but in another... not at all. With no guide or key, she had to guess what everything was. She let out a groan of frustration as she puzzled over the symbols, scratching her head. She guessed that the arrow must be pointing east, given the note she had earlier also said to go that way, but couldn't work out the writing. The skulls were probably bad places to go - unless the map maker had a weird sense of humour and intended them to be safe spots from death... but more likely just bad places. The images of animals most likely depicted their territory, but she could not tell if they were aggressive or not from just the image. Then there ere the runes. She couldn't recall seeing anything like them before. Perhaps they were sites of local faith importance?

The biggest problem? There was no way to tell where she was on the map.

"Well... If I go south to the mountains, I can then go east to the animals, then... north-east, I guess" she uttered to herself. It was probably the best option she could figure out. She hadn't been up for long, so she could probably set out without needing much rest. Peeking out from her hiding place, she made sure that nothing was staring right back at her before setting off
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Earthsage » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:08 pm

"I-I d-don't think I c-can..." Rosalee shivers badly, confused as to where she even is at this point. There was only the cold, and that was about it... She had wished she had dried out before, but by now it was far too late. She wondered if there was anything she could do to warm up, to try and help Aeryn more... But no matter what, she had a feeling she was going to owe Aeryn big time for this, and she intended to do just that... If she survived the cold.
What a depressing thought. She shivered harder, trying to warm up, and trying to stave off potential death.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby RavenLord » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Melanie - Gorbaz

It seems luck is favoring Melanie for no dangerous animal or creature seems to be around. Jungle itself looks very peaceful, but from her previous experience Melanie knows that it can change very quickly. thus, she walks through the forest, alert and ready to bolt at the first sign of danger. After an hour spent walking, she arrives at the point where river spills into the lake. She seems to be lucky indeed as now, she knows exactly where she is. Lake itself is pretty big and wide. Like a miniature sea. She can try the to go north and cross the river itself rather than trying to walking around or swimming across the lake if she plans to cross it, not mention if she goes south any more, she would get closer to skull mark on the west side of the lake, which would be a bad idea unless she really wants to find out what skull mark really represents. Even though her gut tells that it is nothing good.

Aeryn, Rosalee - Nobudi, Earthsage

Aeryn finds that climbing the giant tree to be an easy task. Tree itself has many branches, chinks and lumps on it's trunk which she can easily use to scale the tree. Doing so with Rosalee hanging on her back proves to be problematic. Extra weight on her back causes Aeryn to come dangerously close to falling 4 times, not to mention tires her out faster. In the end though, Aeryn is able to carry Rosalee a good distance before tiring out. Aeryn pulls herself onto one of tree's lower branches which is thicker than both of them standing side by side, providing ample space sit or even lay down.

Rosalee, after stepping on a branch notices that she is pretty far from the ground. She realizes falling from this distance would hurt or even cripple someone. fortunately though, it is also out of reach most animals, any crazy masked murderer has to climb up to get her, which would give her ample time and oppurtunity to throw stuff at them.

Aeryn, Meanwhile afte catching her breath and taking a quick rest realizes that there is still a long way to climb. What's worse is it seems she can't carry Rosalee much higher or she would risk falling down and probably hurting both herself and Rosalee in the process. It is simply much safer to climb the tree alone.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby Gorbaz » Fri May 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Unable to help herself, Melanie lets out a little squeal of delight - she has found her bearings and could now figure out what way to go! So far nothing had tried to attack her since her flight earlier, but that wasn't to say something wouldn't try. Walking over to the edge of the lake, she glanced down into it's depths and wondered if she could just swim out across it and to the other side. It looked... big. Especially on the map and, with her lack of memory, had no real idea if she was a good swimmer or would just sink if she tried. Better not risk it, she reasoned. Besides, it would mean the map getting wet and probably useless to her.

Taking another glance down she traced a line up the western bank of the lake and round the top, which she presumed to be some kind of small stream. That looked like the best crossing point available, but did place her close to the face... marking... thing. And besides, it beat going through skull territory. Rolling up the map once more, she put it in her backpack and gave another glance around at her surroundings. She wondered if anyone else from the beach was nearby and, briefly having a pang of regret for abandoning the others to their fate, squared her shoulders and set off north along the bank. Maybe she could find some fresh food, or more secure shelter? At the very least she'd be able to see anything coming at her from the water
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Nobudi » Thu May 07, 2015 6:54 am

Aeryn's breaths came as short and bitter gasps.
Even her training in the pool hadn't made her this tired.
Gravity was a bitch. She wanted to continue on, but as it was, she couldn't take Rosalee up with her, nor could she afford to let her die.
"y-You alright...? Ros?" she panted. "Still... c- cold?"
Nobudi

Postby spitfyre » Thu May 07, 2015 8:18 am

Sean stares open mouthed at the fight going on in front of him, all the while trying to regain his breath. " I wish I could fight like that." He said, as he watched the two natives fight.
When life give you lemons, get sour 'bout life. Image
spitfyre

Previous

Return to Roleplay