Metamorphosis IC

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Metamorphosis IC

Postby RavenLord » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Jonathan - Vhexo

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

"Let's go then, before the big guy comes back. By the way, my name is Tarm."

With that he turns eastwards and starts walking with a very fast pace with Jonathan following him close by. Compared to Jonathan's earlier journey through the jungle, this time things go a lot smoother. Tarm seems to knows this jungle very well, and easily navigates around the giant trees and exposed roots. Jonathan also finds out that Tarm is very talkative despite his appearance. As they make their way through the forest, he tells Jonathan about the jungle itself and the dangers it possess. Despite the sort time their trip takes, Jonathan learns quite a few things from Tarm about the kind of animals and plants that one might encounter inside the forest.

It all comes to a stop though as they come across a dead body of human clothed similarly to Tarm, except in different colors. From looks of it, he must have died recently. What's worrying is though he seems to have bled out from a fatal stab wound in his chest. Upon seeing the corpse, Tarm first tenses up, quickly checking his surroundings before suddenly breaking into a sprint, surprising Jonathan who barely keeps up with him. Masked pathfinder stops upon reaching a riverbank. From what Tarm told him, Jonathan surmises this must be the river that feeds the Great Lake which was where he encountered the big dog like beast. It also means they must be out of the creatures territory and relatively safe, which provides some comfort.

It is then Jonathan notices three things. A large wooden raft enough to hold five person grounded at the riverbank, another masked man dressed very similarly like Tarm, bandaging his chest and a bloodied wooden spear lying on the ground. Tarm's sighs out in relief and relaxes upon seeing the man and Jonathan can see the other man visibly relaxing before wincing. Jonathan does not see blood or any signs of injury on the man, except an ugly bruise peeking out from an unbandaged part on his chest, a sign of broken ribs.

It is then man's eyes falls upon Jonathan and suddenly he is up on his feet, holding his bloodied spear.

"Do not take another step."

Aeryn, Rosalee, Sean - Nobudi, Earthsage, Spitfyre

Half naked Aeryn's isquite a sight. A sight that makes both Rosalee and Sean blush as they turn their heads away, Rosalee's face turning an especially vibrant shade of red. Trying to distract herself from the what she just saw, Rosalee unties the belts keeping her backpack shut. Inside, she finds two cans of fruit( one canned peach, one canned strawberry), one can of meat, two cans of soup( one can of chicken soup, one can of tomato soup), a can of beans along with a pack of jerky and a pack of bread. After a brief moment of panic, Rosalee also finds a can opener inside her backpack and a wooden spoon. Sean soon opens his own backpack and finds he has the same except instead of finding a can of strawberry and peach, he instead finds a can of cherry and orange. It seems whoever supplied them with food did so in variety. Sean surmises what food he has can last him a week if rations it. Rosalee has no such luck as she would be sharing her food with Aeryn who has lost her own backpack.

After Aeryn finishes wringing her shirt and wears it again, trio tries to find someplace dry to sit. They find a clearing inside the jungle not far away, with few large stones that prove adequate substitutes for chairs. Rosalee and Sean dig into their backpacks after sitting down on a different rock. It is then Rosalee realizes that she has only one spoon...

Meanwhile Aeryn feels a prickling sensation on her skin. She finds her attention constantly drawn to west as presence in her mind gets restless. Forest suddenly starts to feel too open and she senses an urge to find someplace to crawl from the thing in her head.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby Vhexo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:35 pm

Jonathan tenses up as he sees the similar dressed but different colored man dead at his feet, and Tarm surprises him when he legs it, Jonathan barely being able to keep up. He thinks to himself that these different tribes must not like each other that much, as he follows Tarm to the river bank. When they arrive, Jonathan notices the other man dressed in the same colors as Tarm, but he's visibly beaten up. When the man suddenly turns hostile towards him, Jonathan takes a step back, cautious about the spear the man is holding. He says: "Calm down. I'm not an enemy. I'm with Tarm.", having no clue why the man was so hostile towards him, but Jonathan was ready to run as soon as the man began using violence.
Vhexo

Postby Earthsage » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Rosalee's heated flush fades a little as Aeryn dresses again. She counts out her food, and realizes she'll have to share with Aeryn to keep them both fed... She's not sure how to ration their food effectively, or where to get more once this is all eaten. She's never had to survive in the wilderness for very long...
Instead, she tries to check on her friend again, as she wasn't able to do that during their flight from the strange masked man."Hey... Aeryn... How are you feeling?"
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby spitfyre » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Sean really wanted to just disappear back into the forest and get away from these two women that he had just helped, but he figured that if there was a strange man after them trying to kill them, then he should stay with them because there would probably be more strange men out there and there is safety in numbers. Sean pulls out his can of beans and the can opener, opens it and says, " I figure that we could make the food we have last almost a week if we share two cans of food a day, and maybe eat twice a day." Sean takes a bite of beans and hands the can to Rosalee and asks, "Beans?"
When life give you lemons, get sour 'bout life. Image
spitfyre

Postby Earthsage » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:20 pm

"W-what?" Rosalee looks at Sean in confusion, before quietly accepting his offer of food. "Oh. Thanks... I didn't expect you to share your food with us!" She smiles happily, before starting to eat the beans she's given. She tries to make them last, and makes a face at their unappetizing flavour, but she's not in any kind of position to do more than that. When food is precious, taste buds are usually put aside for the greater aim of survival.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby spitfyre » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:12 pm

"Might as well right? Seeing as how were down a bag of food. You never did tell me your name miss." Sean leans back on his rock and says, " What do you think about this whole thing, I mean we wake up on a strange island, with a note that says go east.". Sean is about to talk about what he was feeling before the river, but he decided to leave that part out, feeling that he didn't want to freak out his new companions.
spitfyre

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:19 pm

"Hmm. Yeah..." Melanie replies absentmindedly to the man as she walked over to the strange piece of cloth. Like most things here, she didn't recognise what it was from, or any pattern on it, but it didn't stop her from bending down to check it out. Gingerly she reached out to take hold of it and pull
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Nobudi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:20 am

"That's Rosalee," Aeryn said.
Taking stock of their food, they had about a weeks worth, less if they decided to share with her.
"Even if we have this much food, it would definitely help to start getting some better tools and some more food we can hunt or gather for."
She suppressed the thing in her head with a mental message of the same nature as earlier.
"The ocean would probably have quite the resources, if this place is in the middle of nowhere. As for why we're here... I have no idea."
Nobudi

Postby Earthsage » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:05 am

"Neither do I. It feels really... Strange. To be way out here. We're almost all alone..." Rosalee grows quiet, looking around at the woods uncertainly. She remains quiet, eating her food in silence... Not really noticing that Aeryn hadn't introduced herself. Her whole body is tense, and she leans slightly into Aeryn as if seeking comfort. She doesn't feel safe, here. Not at all.
Earthsage

Postby spitfyre » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:25 am

" But how would we get better tools out here? We are in the middle of nowhere with nothing but food and water. The only think I can think of is just going east, I mean, someone or something went through great pains to send us to this beach with food and water. and they leave us a note saying go east. Maybe we can find some fruit or something further, in who knows?" Sean then opens a can of oranges, takes a few bites and hands Aeryn the can and his spoon. "Here, eat this, it isn't much but it will help."
spitfyre

Postby Nobudi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:05 am

Aeryn stared at Sean.
"The same way our ancestors did? Use rocks and sticks to make tools?"
When she was offered a bit of food, she graciously tanked him before digging in a bit.
She had to stop, however, to sneeze loudly. Luckily, she remembered to aim away from the food.
"First things first," she said. "We need our primary tool: fire."
Handing back the stuff, she began looking to dry vegetation nearby and maybe a flint rock or two.
Nobudi

Postby spitfyre » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:56 am

"Great so I assume you have met directly with our ancestors and they have told you exactly how to start a fire in the outdoors." Sean rolled his eyes and took back the can and spoon.
spitfyre

Postby RavenLord » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Jonathan - Vhexo

"I will be the decider of that."

Tarm puts his hand on the masked man's shoulder. He tries to lock eyes with the masked man but the stranger stays focused on Jonathan.

"Calm down brother. What he says is true. The guy is with me, no need to get hostile."

"He isn't human."

That statement stops Tarm in his tracks. For a second, bot him and the masked man remain silent.

"What? What do you mean, brother?"

"After, i fended off the enemy scouts, i came upon a stranger on the riverbank, dressed much like him. There was something wrong with her, so i decided the arrest and interrogate her. I caught her easily enough but then, the other one showed up. Both of them looked like normal women, foreign but normal. Yet, the other one was able to hurl me through air for six meters. What really gave her away though was that slimy presence wriggling inside her. I felt it when she grabbed me."

Tarm remains silent for a minute after, deep in thought. Then he turns to Jonathan for a second, then turns back to his brother.

"I see. I am not going to question your choices brother. I understand your reasoning but i ask you to trust me on this one. If Jonathan here had some secret powers, he would havee used them when he was about to be eaten. Furthermore i don't believe he is any danger to us. Human or not, try to give him a chance, would you?"

Tarm's brother remains still and stares at Jonathan for few seconds before slowly lowering his spear and turning back to the raft. Tarm lets out another sigh in relief before turning to Jonathan.

"Well, that was intense."

Aeryn, Rosalee, Sean - Nobudi, Earthsage, Spitfyre

Aeryn manages to find some dry tree branches but is unable to find any flint stones. Good news is though is that thing in Aeryn's mind seems to have calmed down though she can still feel it moving, it no longer makes her uncomfortable.

Meanhile Rosalee and Sean watch their friend gather dry tree branches while finishing last remnants of their own meals. Their wet clothes prove some discomfort. Rosalee especially feels cold. She also realizes she runs risk of falling sick if she doesn't find someway to dry herself. The thing in her mind also seems to have awaken, distracting Rosalee with it's own movements. Rosalee can feel it's discomfort at the situation.

Sean meanwhile takes a break from watching Aeryn to turn to his own backpack. It is then something catches his eye. He sees a light in the distance, far into the jungle.

Raymond - Reaver

Suddenly everything goes silent. For a moment only thing Raymond hears is a chiming sound. Everything around him moves in slow motion, he feels something lurking close by. Then everything returns to normal as something large jumps out from the thick canopy of the forest and slams into Orla. Before he can react Raymond hear another growling sound and turns two creatures that look like a cross between a bird and a dog. They stand on four legs with rear ones ending in birdlike claws. Their canine bodies are tense, ready to lunge at the first of a weakness. Drool drips from their long, serrated beaks. One of them opens it beaks and shrieks. Raymond feels the thing in his mind wake up and radiating so much bloodlust that it threatens to overwhelm him.

Wraith awakens - +2 mental corruption.

Melanie - Gorbaz

Fabric doesn't show any resistance as Melanie pulls it out. On a closer inspection, fabric reveals itself to be a map of surrounding areas. Melanie turns towards others to share her newest discovery but before she can say anything, a creature unlike any other she has seen before jumps out of jungle canopy and tackles Orla with a shriek. Melanie hears more shrieks only to see Raymond getting cut off from the group by two other smaller monsters, leaving her with only two options, either try to help Orla who is struggling under the first creature, or run away while they are distracted with others.
Last edited by RavenLord on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby spitfyre » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:18 pm

Sean realizes that his wet clothes aren't helping him get any more comfortable and warm, so he takes off his shirt and wrings it out, hoping to get some of the water out of it, and ties it around his backpack, hoping it will dry out faster. Looking up from what he was doing he sees a light far off in the distance. Standing up quickly he says to the others, "Look! Over there. Do you see that? It looks like some sort of light."
spitfyre

Postby Nobudi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:45 am

"Shut up back there," Aeryn muttered, irritated. Whatever this thing was, it was either going to speak straight to her or shut up.
When Sean exclaimed a light, Aeryn got to the ground very quickly.
"Is it moving towards us?" she asked softly, in case it was one of those masked men trying to look for them.
Nobudi

Postby spitfyre » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:01 am

Sean frowned trying to see the light and maybe what was producing it. He then replies to Aeryn, " I am not sure, it's pretty far off in the distance. I could go check it out, and then come back."
spitfyre

Postby Earthsage » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:07 am

Rosalee begins to shiver, almost violently, as the night's cold sets into her bones. She tries to help set up the fire regardless, making sure to put it all together as best she can. Her fingers soon prove unable to handle the more dexterous tasks, so she contents herself with hugging herself, shivering, and trying to quiet down whatever presence was in her mind. She didn't want to have some sort of mental breakdown... She's not really sure what she's feeling, but she's just assuming it's some sort of panic attack on the verge of arriving.
Earthsage

Postby Nobudi » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:25 am

"Yeah, go check it out," she said, glancing over to the shaking Rosalee.
"Be careful though."
Once he had left, Checked up on Rosalee, taking a hand to check her temperature.
Immediately, she realized that this stupid girl hadn't dried off. This could potentially lead to hypothermia.
First thing she learned at the pool: dry off once you were finished.
Taking the cold and clammy hands in hers, she raised Rodalee's hands.
"Don't hate me for this," she gritted out as she peeled off the still wet shirt, before taking hers off and drying her flesh. After that, she'd wring out the water from the wet shirt and don it as hers, leaving her dry shirt in much needed hands.
Nobudi

Postby spitfyre » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:47 am

"Alright I will." Sean leaves his pack behind as he goes to check out the light he saw off in the distance.
spitfyre

Postby Reaver » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:41 am

Raymond clutched his head, yelling out loud as something in his mind threatened to take over. It was powerful but raw and untamed, yet that was exactly what he needed right now. "I am the alpha! Obey or die!" He yelled at the two creatures as he felt part of his body shift and change to allow him to combat these foes with more effectiveness.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay