Degradation 2.0

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Degradation 2.0

Postby Grape_Drink » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:00 am

((GM NOTE: If you spot any major issues/I forgot something/etc. feel free to yell at me!))

NewGame.png
Names are self explanatory, these will be your sprites to represent overland movement. A typical "day's" journey by foot is either three squares over highways, two squares over forests, or one square over mountains/cities. Squares will be removed next map, and small RP notes will be added in place of this info.

Vicktor Larinov
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

(HP: 15/15, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 89/1000)

You sit around on a bent metal trashcan as your client fiddles around in his pockets, pulling out some notes in exchange for his daily dose. The guy’s a junkie if there ever was one, but at least he’s one of your more common customers, and hasn't tried to short change you (yet). To top it off he usually pays with slaver notes… Sure folks would usually take loyalist or grey eagle notes down in Curb, but slaver notes had real value no matter where you ended up. You think you spot one of your associates coming around the corner as he flicks a used up cigarette into a small mud heap… What did he go by again… Slash? Scratch? Eh, he’d probably be dead in a week anyways. Rookies…

”Yo Vicktor, I hear Mariah was looking for you in the main building. Told me to pass this to yah.”

Mariah… Now there’s a name that rings pretty clearly here in curb, hell, through the mountain range for that matter. When she took over Curb a few years ago, the place was a disease and crime ridden pit. It’s only been about five years, and the little red-headed minx has turned the power structure upside down. You catch the armband he tosses you, noting the VIP symbol on it as he waves and heads back inside.

“No idea what that crazy bitch wants with yah, but if I don’t see yah in a week I’m raiding the safe.”

She was also unpredictable. To quote most folks, “bat shit insane.” If there were two names that slavers feared in the Wastes these days, they were “Drone Girl” and Mariah, and if you had to make ‘em choose between fighting one or the other… Most of them would pick Drone Girl any day of the week. At least she’d make sure you died quickly. Still, it is unusual for Mariah to call on a slaver by name. Usually that either meant they overstepped their bounds and had to be dealt with, or a business proposition was coming their way… Sometimes both.

Mark “Lucky” Wild

(HP: 14/14, Fatigue: 15%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 48/1000)

The bartender slips you a three hundred credit note for a job well done… They were loyalist notes, sure, but at least you knew they were reliable for now. Keeping on the down low was always important, but especially in a bandit camp like Oasis. With the mineral hotsprings nearby, this place always did feel more like a resort town than a hive of scum and villainy, but it definitely wasn’t trustworthy. Even in such an untrustworthy place though, there’s bound to be a few mercenaries with talent hiding among it. You can’t help but overhear the idle chatter of two local thugs as techno music of all things comes in through the radio… They sure get some weird stations out here.

“Yeah, see this cylinder? Stole it while she was busy trying to get untied. Word is it’s one of them “Hatchet access cylinders” from before the place blew up… ‘Bet it’s worth a fortune!”

“Hah! You’d have to find someone crazy enough to want to go down there first… Hell, they’d probably need a week’s supply of Chlorellaide and potassium tablets just to make it into the less damaged sectors… A radiation suit if they got near the center.”

“I’m tellin’ yah man, there’s nothin’ out that way except some over-mutated bears and a few communities just barely scraping by. We could get rich!”

”Yeah, well I’m tellin’ yah yer a loon!”

The more boisterous thug stands up, waving off the cylinder-holder as he picks up his sledgehammer and heads outside. The cylinder likely is worth a fortune, but at the same time, so could this tied-up individual they were discussing who originally possessed it.

Wyviera Mars

(HP: 12/12, Fatigue: 10%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 88/1000)

Janette seems reluctant to tell you much about her hideout, though in the end you manage to scrounge out enough details to get the impression that it’s a secret. It becomes apparent that this is her form of “packing” for the trip as she begins tossing various items around the small hideout into her grenade case. Some of them are easily identifiable, while others, such as her collection of “scale 1/32nd model tin KV-1 tanks” are less so. You think you saw something like that in a history book one time, but it doesn’t really look like any weapon or vehicle that you’ve seen. What’s really worrying is the large number of syringes she stuffs into her case. Especially since some of them look like ‘Lax, though she assures you they aren’t for her (and doesn’t tell you much else).

It’s rather late by the time you get back to the barracks… After a while you began to get the impression that Janette was trying to keep you from sleeping. By the time you flop into your bed, sleep feels like a small wink away as you hear a small ruffling of sheets nearby…

. . .

Waking up the next morning, you can’t help but notice a weight on your torso. What the hell- Oh you’ve got to be kidding… Looking down, your little hacker companion is sprawled out on top of you, apparently having snuck into your bed after you fell asleep. Janette herself seems rather reluctant to say much (whether forced or otherwise), though she does mumble something about not liking the dark.

. . .

After a large breakfast, you find yourself out in front of the base as you’re tossed a backpack containing about three day’s rations and water to split between the two of you. A Lieutenant greets you with a salute as he discusses the plans.

”As it stands, we can’t draw too much attention to ourselves, and resources are spread thin with the discovery of even more drones to the Northeast in Grey Eagle territory. I can drive you into Nameless and have a grunt accompany you, or we can provide you with an all terrain vehicle if the two of you want to take a more stealthy approach, but too many Loyalists in Thorn Tower could upset the balance of things.”

You can't help but notice the large number of explosions going off a couple of hours by foot from your location... It's probably just the slavers at it again, but that doesn't make the situation any better...

Crash

(HP: ?/?, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 67/1000)

Your latest catch was perhaps your best one yet! Having been a little closer to Hatchet’s old facility than you’d like, you had run into a horde of blood rabbits… The pests could easily rip asunder the average survivor with their large numbers, but given your knowledge, you managed to create an environmental trap and smash the majority of them with a rather large boulder. Their carcasses had fetched you a fair price here in this little commune here in Shield Heights, and you even had enough left over to make yourself a number of dried rations!

Stretching, you find yourself in one of the many decrepit homes along this particular street. Some of them had more permanent residents who had built fancy barricades to keep out raiders, but your particular one was simply a board nailed over the door of the room you were in. It seemed to hold through the night though.

You can’t help but notice a small crunching sound in the distance… Getting the boards off of the doorway, you exit your little hideout into the main hallway of the building you're in. Finding a window, you peer into the alley below… In the morning light it’s still a little too hard to make out the figure this far away, but you do note a rather large shadow, and a wall covered in fresh blood as something tears into the dead flesh of something else down below. Perhaps it would be best to inform the locals, or maybe curiosity would encourage you to head downstairs and get a closer look? Perhaps instinct is kicking in, and your fight or flight response is ready to go?

Garian Jorell

(HP: 12/12, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 64/1000)

You wake up, finding your current pet still tied to the bedpost and asleep next to you… Having been exploring around Thorn Tower, you had managed to find a map leading out here a little ways into the wilderness. You were rather surprised at how well hidden this old observatory was at about a day’s journey from the highway, but it was quiet and folks passed the highway often enough that you were never short of “entertainment.” A certain sound catches your attention. Downstairs? No, the front door of the facility… How would anyone know about this place to begin with though? And who would be stupid enough to announce their presence by knocking!?

Silvus

(HP: 7/12, Fatigue: 5%, Hunger: 95%, Thirst: 95%, Radiation: 184/1000)

((Recap of previous post))
GM Roll; Luck- 1 (Critical Failure)
GM Roll; Stealth- 4

Most of the damage seems to be superficial to the actual structure aside from the busted water pipe somewhere. The labs on the other hand look to have been largely ransacked of any important data they may have had.

You round the corner towards the security breech doors as you encounter no resistance whatsoever aside from the light clicking of radioactivity. You begin to suspect that anything left has fled as you reach the hallway that the door is down. Unfortunately you fail to notice the three goons at the end of the hallway until they've already seen you. Great...

"Damn, this thing won't open! Yah got any more explo- woahohoh! Look at that boys, it ain't mutant trash for once!"

The three of them don't appear to be raiders... They lack that crazy look in their eyes, meaning they're more than aware of their actions. It seems you've come into contact with three bandits. One is carrying a loaded pistol, while the other two have simple combat knives. Still, three against one doesn't seem like the best of odds when your opponents aren't dumber than bricks. They're still about twenty, thirty meters away, and even from this distance you can see that they're definitely not here to help you out.

Escape Roll: 2
Goon attacks Silvus with Pistol: Hit!
Silvus takes three damage! (4/12 HP)
Silvus is bleeding!
Geiger Counter is broken!
Dart Gun is reloaded!

Three goons are far too much, at least at this distance. You need to put some distance between you and them (and possibly reload your dart gun!)

You raise your arms as you prepare to turn the corner and flee, only for the quick-draw of the goon at the end of the hallway to catch you! The attack completely busts your wrist-mounted geiger counter, ricocheting off of it and into your shoulder! You can feel a stinging sensation and blood pouring out of the bullet wound as you duck behind cover, reloading your dart gun… It’ll take them a moment to realize you’re injured and respond accordingly. Trying to escape again comes to mind, but they’d know you’re down here somewhere. Surrendering might not be the best plan of options from the way those goons were looking at you. You could always fight them. Aside from that pistol the main goon has, you definitely have superior firepower, but you’d have to dodge a lot of blows.

Romana

(HP: 18/18, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 158/1000)

Yesterday was a good night… Most of the time, mutants are just as dangerous as raiders or any other monster, but for one such as yourself they occasionally compromise and allow others into their ranks… Mutant society is of itself a more strength-based group of “what I want is mine,” but most would rather avoid fighting if they can help it. It’s a waste of energy after all…

Most of the mutants are still asleep, one or two of them going at it like rabbits as you hear a rumbling from overhead. That wasn’t right… The others seem to ignore it as you climb out of the rubble of your artificial highway cave to see what’s happening.

Bright lights and explosions greet you, followed by screams of agony as you barely duck out of a mine blast’s radius! All around you, high-tech vehicles are being torn asunder by advanced explosions as people begin to climb out of them, some more injured than others. A cluster of grenades falls next to you and you flinch, expecting a rather painful experience, but something seems to have gone wrong with them as they don’t go off… It looks like the trigger grenade was a dud, keeping the others from going off. Picking up the small cluster, you can’t help but think of the carnage and chaos you can cause with it.

Looking back at the people though, it becomes apparent that these are no ordinary folks coming through… These are slavers. Thorn Tower slavers. Meaning that your temporary home has apparently become a war zone. Lovely.

Looking around, you note a number of folks in more mercenary-style armors running down the hills as they begin shooting at what remains of the slaving convoy! The chances of the
slavers winning this fight seem to have gone from slim to none!

If these people locate your mutant friends, this could turn south real quick… On the other hand you could always offer them a hand, you definitely don’t look like a slaver.

Ciera

(HP: 8/8, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 35/1000)

You find yourself at the top of Thorn Tower in a puffy old world dress… This probably wasn’t how you imagined spending your evening, but a friend of yours had invited you along some time ago. Besides, it wasn’t every day that they let commoners into the upper city. Guests sit and chat around as they discuss their latest raids, or treasures they’ve located. You don’t think you’ve seen so many slavers in fancy clothes before…

A man who almost looks like a mutant waddles up on stage- wait, no that’s just a chubby guy. It’s almost irk-worthy to see someone who can afford to waste resources like that… He’s wearing probably the fanciest suit you’ve ever seen, and a cowboy hat to boot. Standing at the podium, he ahems as a small digital sign displays his name as “Mr. Hugo- CEO of “Thorn Tower Indentured Servants Incorporated.”

“Welcome, welcome! I trust y'all are doing well tonight? I see a few familiar faces from yesterday’s meeting about Jenny ‘Drone Girl’ Estrada. As many of you are aware, we intercepted this transmission recently…”

A holoprojector comes down, powering on as a gaunt older gentleman appears on screen, cane in hand as a large portion of his body seems to be robotic. Whispers of the name “Hatchet” fill the crowd as he speaks.

“Ah, greetings my former associates, or perhaps future friends? I see Miss Direction has seen it fit to reveal my presence to you all, likely meaning you took the bait of her pretending to be one of those “Grey Eagle” spies. Good. As a detachment of the Loyalists, I believe it is in your interests to listen to my word as law, yes? Good… Now, lets begin… There’s a shipment of old drones that were planted in what is now Grey Eagle territory some time ago. I would like for you to reactivate them and ensure Miss Direction’s survival. After all, it would be a shame if one of my most trustworthy affiliates were to be offed because of negligence on your parts. Furthermore…”

The projector powers down as Mr. Hugo shakes his head with a smirk.

“The drones are of little consequence, and I’m sure many of you feel this is a fake, as did we at first when we intercepted it, but it’s very much real… We’ve traced the signal back to a small transmitting tower to the north west of Hatchet’s old base. Through the mountains. Whether it’s an imposter or not, a large sum in the range of one thousand notes will be given for his return… An additional two thousand if it happens to be Hatchet, and an additional two hundred for every relevant data disk found on location. For those interested, please, do come forward…”

A number of guests look between each other before laughing, many commenting on how for the available notes, it’d be easier to just break in a dozen slaves.

Val

(HP: 10/10, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 73/1000)

The slavers had grown quite used to letting you work as a mechanic, and while life as a slave wasn’t perfect, at least it came with food, shelter, and the guarantee of security which was more than most had… In fact, the slavers had for the most part stopped harassing you when you proved you were capable of more than just menial tasks.

Which was why you were rather surprised when they put you in a fancy dress and sent you off to Thorn Tower a few days ago… Along the way, it was explained that Hugo was apparently looking for tech heads by the dozen for some mission or another, and your owner had volunteered you for the job. The Hugo family name wasn’t entirely unfamiliar to you… Apparently the guy was in charge of a number of slaving operations around the area, and was one of the folks involved with the raid on your home town… He’d been the head of public relations under Hatchet, and was supposedly in charge of keeping the peace with slavers and other groups who tried to pass through your little patch of paradise. When Hatchet’s facility blew, his real role in it all quickly became apparent.

. . .

Sitting around inside the upper tower, you watch as your owner has a few more drinks than he should be at the bar. A rather fat man walks onto the stage, giving a curt nod to the audience gathered before addressing them.

“Welcome, welcome! I trust y'all are doing well tonight? I see a few familiar faces from yesterday’s meeting about Jenny ‘Drone Girl’ Estrada. As many of you are aware, we intercepted this transmission recently…”

A holoprojector comes down, powering on as a gaunt older gentleman appears on screen, cane in hand as a large portion of his body seems to be robotic. Whispers of the name “Hatchet” fill the crowd as he speaks.

“Ah, greetings my former associates, or perhaps future friends? I see Miss Direction has seen it fit to reveal my presence to you all, likely meaning you took the bait of her pretending to be one of those “Grey Eagle” spies. Good. As a detachment of the Loyalists, I believe it is in your interests to listen to my word as law, yes? Good… Now, lets begin… There’s a shipment of old drones that were planted in what is now Grey Eagle territory some time ago. I would like for you to reactivate them and ensure Miss Direction’s survival. After all, it would be a shame if one of my most trustworthy affiliates were to be offed because of negligence on your parts. Furthermore…”

The projector powers down as Mr. Hugo shakes his head with a smirk.

“The drones are of little consequence, and I’m sure many of you feel this is a fake, as did we at first when we intercepted it, but it’s very much real… We’ve traced the signal back to a small transmitting tower to the north west of Hatchet’s old base. Through the mountains. Whether it’s an imposter or not, a large sum in the range of one thousand notes will be given for his return… An additional two thousand if it happens to be Hatchet, and an additional two hundred for every relevant data disk found on location. For those interested, please, do come forward…”

Quite a number of slavers in the audience making fun of your boss for only offering such a small sum… Though it would easily be enough for someone to buy their freedom, or any other number of things. It’s been years since you were anywhere west of Thorn Tower, and even back then you rarely left the more secure locations.
Grape_Drink

Re: Degradation 2.0

Postby Stickasensi » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:04 am

Looking at the note in hand with a smile, he was broke and it was good to have money on hand again even if it was loyalist credits. "Thanks, Next time I'm in town ill stop by to see how you're doing and if you have any new jobs. " Mark said under his breath so only the bartender could hear. Catching wind of the thugs conversation about riches and hostages Mark decides to trail behind the thug to see if he could find that girl he was talking about. This girl obviously had to have something worth while to give him if he rescued her, and along with that he could find out about this so called "Hatchet Access Cylinder". Even if it was just information, a debt was a debt and things like that were useful in this town.

Getting up off the stool he pulled the brim of his hat down so that it covers his face with a shadow, the last thing he wanted was for someone to recognize him while trailing this brute. He had the passing thought of recruiting this savage but he wouldn't want someone so cruel as a representation of his company, his merc's need skill not brutality. Plus he didn't seem like he would accept, most likely he would knock mark out with the sledgehammer and CQC wasn't exactly Mark's forte. Hopefully He could find the woman before something bad happened..
No! forget the glass, just give me the pitcher, for I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death... which I hope is soon. Amen.
~ Archer
Stickasensi

Postby That_One_Guy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:17 am

Garian groaned and stood up, stretching as best as he could, cracking his bones into place. He looked down at the slut he had used for the night, making sure she was still tied up nice and tightly, her panties that he used to gag her mouth was still there. Cautious was key here, no one should know he was here, was he followed? Did this bitch have family that'd be hunting for her? He didn't know nor care at this moment now, grabbing his holster, pistol still in it, and wrapping it around his waist and pulled the gun out. Slowly, quietly, he walked towards the front door, ready to shoot whomever was outside. But what if it was business? That thought clearly rushed through his head.

When he finally reached the front door, wearing only his pants, boots, and a holster, he was now thinking more clearly, the sleep left his brain and his thoughts became more stable. He moved beside the door, knowing wise not to stand in front of it when hailing a greeting, and yelled out, "Who is it!? What do you want!?"
That_One_Guy

Postby spriter1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Ciera sat uneasily in this room. Thorn tower was the last fucking place she wanted to be, since as a wanderer she has ran into slavers before, and has had the pain of almost being enslaved, and the pleasure of putting something through her head. Didn't help that the dress she wore wasn't suited for someone with two sets of arms, and slavers don't tend to like sub-humans all that much... Well, hardly anyone did, thus why she would be glad she at least made people change their mind about her by the time she left a town. The story had to be bullshit. No way it could be Hatchet. But if it was... It might not be the best idea to let slavers, former or not, at him. And if itn isn't she will get some cash for herself. Besides, it might mean she won't have to feel disgust at looking at the fat, rich pig in front of her. She was nice to people, but what stood in front of her was the anti-christ in terms of how she lives life. She stands up, using both sets of hands to help her up, before walking forward.
"I'll do it. It's got to be a win-win for you if I do, right? One way you get your man, the other you have one less sub-human."
spriter1
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Goryokaku » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Ah Fuck, Silvus sighed this hurt, the bastards had to shoot first, though they looked slightly more intelligent then the mutant she'd faced earlier. But it seems they hadn't realised they'd just shot the one person who could open the door. Of cause she could hide but they would find her and she was bleeding meaning she would leave a tell tale trail to where she was, no she needed to deal with them now.

”Wow, three idiot can't get through a door, wonder what brillant plan you would have to get it open, oh yeah explosives but why not first shoot the only person who could open the door for you,” Silvus needed to get rid of the shooter so she took aim and shot with a lethal dosage from her dart gun. The bastard might aswell over dose for all she cared he shouldn't have shot her. ”Oh but wait you seem to have this weird idea that I'm going to let you rape me, now if you attempt that I'll fight back, and you guys may kill me and you may end up having your way with me but then you'll be trapped in this lab for the rest of your life being forced to live off the mutilated bodies you see around here.”

Silvus laughed she was bluffing somewhat and she wanted them worried that they couldn't escape she also didn't want them raping her, so she was going to have to fast talk whilst she fought, and hope one of them had the slight bit of intelligence beyond fucking, fighting and robbing. ”Cause after a while all the meats gonna go off and rot, then your stuck with out food except for your fellow friends right next to you.”

Silvus hated bandits, she could understand mutants and it was why this project and lab existed, to help the mutants that could be helped if they wanted it, as well as learning to control the mutations to get certain results. Silvus wasn't stupid she understood the need for weapons and if she could make their soldier superior why not. She wondered what happened to the paitent she had saved if he was around would he save her now? Or out right kill her. Her mind was still suffering from the concussion so she wasn't really thinking as clearly as she could.
The sex offenders register... I don't even think they should be at school...
Goryokaku

Postby [Brand_Name] » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:29 pm

Groggily, Romana clamored from the cave. Sleeping on rubble never made sleep easy. As she finally made her way out, immediately adrenaline coursed through her veins. The blinding light and deafening explosions shook her into a state of panic that climaxed when her death was avoided by a faulty wire. Her heart began to calm down once she picked up the grenade and grabbed her belongings, deftly strapping on her hard hat. Shovel in hand, she quickly approached the mercs. Never would she miss an opportunity to kill slavers- ever. She felt no shame in leaving her mutant "friends" behind; they would do the same in her position. And, ideally, she would be able to snag a vehicle for herself.
Peace & Light
[Brand_Name]

Postby lilbooth » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:09 am

With her owner merrily drinking at the nearby bar oblivious to the proposal set forth by Hugo, Val took it upon herself to represent him. She did look quite well put together today, far better than most members of the crowd she thought. She looked of an intelligent woman making a sound decision, save the harsh collar protruding from just above her collar bone. As she thought of what the next appropriate move was a female sub-human stepped forward from the crowd in an unfitted, yet flattering dress. The subhuman, although distasteful and somewhat resentful, accepted Hugo’s offer. With the current company Val was forcefully sharing stepping forward and joining the sub-human seemed to be her only option other than waiting, which she had been doing all day. Slowly straying away from the bar Val made her way to the front of the crowd and settled herself nearby the sub-human. She had been trained not to speak out to superiors, and even though her owner was understanding of such indiscretions, she dare not make a proclamation in a room full of slavers.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Reaver » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:45 am

Everything had felt so surreal since she had signed up for this mission or perhaps it was just Janette that felt surreal. A girl that could possibly command the Loyalists once Regis died, a girl that knew probably more than anyone about computers and robotics. Yet she was also a girl who was scarred by the Hatchet's facility explosion and scared of the dark. None of that matters, I'll protect with my life. Wyveria thought as she changed into her Security bodysuit before her Loyalist jacket over it. After that she collected her weapons from the armory, checking each one for any damage that hadn't been there before. Satisfied, she slipped them into harnesses that held her sniper rifle on her back and her knife and cudgel on her waist.

With her backpack packed and her weapons collected, Wyviera went to the entrance of the base to leave with Jeanette. Wyviera was pretty excited to say the least as she walked outside the base with all of her equipment and Jeanette. She even playfully ruffled Jeanette's hair, giving her a warm smile before collecting the bag of rations. "This is going to be fun! Just us two doing some exploring and finding a few robots, nothing more, nothing less." As far as she knew, Jeanette had never been outside the base since the move from the old facility so she might not know how fucked the outside was compared to the things she heard. Things outside wouldn't just kill you, they would take everything from you first and if you were lucky, give you a quick death. Wyviera, herself hadn't been out into the Wastelands in quite a long time and while it could be dangerous, the amount of freedom it gave her far outweighed the dangers, also she was getting paid very well.

She gave Jeanette another reassuring smile before turning to the lieutenant addressing her. Both plans were good, one provided her back up but the other gave her stealth. She thought about both plans for a few seconds before deciding. "You are right about the need to keep a low profile, we'll take the ATV although I personally won't be able to drive it." She felt a slight blush of embarrassment tinge her cheeks as she admitted her lack of training when it came to driving. For her it had never been an area she thought to specialize in since she was always posted up somewhere waiting to take a shot at someone. "Jeanette," she said turning to her. "Do you think you can drive it? I saw you playing the car game yesterday."

She knew it could be risky having her charge driving the ATV but with the other plan there were just too many variables. With this one, she knew she had a way to escape and only Jeanette to watch out for.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Crash

(HP: ?/?, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 67/1000)

Your latest catch was perhaps your best one yet! Having been a little closer to Hatchet’s old facility than you’d like, you had run into a horde of blood rabbits… The pests could easily rip asunder the average survivor with their large numbers, but given your knowledge, you managed to create an environmental trap and smash the majority of them with a rather large boulder. Their carcasses had fetched you a fair price here in this little commune here in Shield Heights, and you even had enough left over to make yourself a number of dried rations!

Stretching, you find yourself in one of the many decrepit homes along this particular street. Some of them had more permanent residents who had built fancy barricades to keep out raiders, but your particular one was simply a board nailed over the door of the room you were in. It seemed to hold through the night though.

You can’t help but notice a small crunching sound in the distance… Getting the boards off of the doorway, you exit your little hideout into the main hallway of the building you're in. Finding a window, you peer into the alley below… In the morning light it’s still a little too hard to make out the figure this far away, but you do note a rather large shadow, and a wall covered in fresh blood as something tears into the dead flesh of something else down below. Perhaps it would be best to inform the locals, or maybe curiosity would encourage you to head downstairs and get a closer look? Perhaps instinct is kicking in, and your fight or flight response is ready to go?

Crash had no idea what that thing outside in the alley, especially given the current lighting conditions, but the smell, combined with the mess around it, made her not want to get to know it. Probably just another one of the more mutated people around doing what it could to feed itself, anyway. She wasn't a fighter and after taking a look at the thing's meal, figured that she probably wouldn't be much better off than whoever that meal used to be.

Moving back inside, she tried to drown out the sounds from outside as she gathered her clothes and gear, getting dressed in the darkness and ensuring all her equipment was safe and secure. She pulled on the clothes to make sure they covered all of her scars before making her way out and down towards the closest exit from the area that did not involve interrupting a large fellow and their lunch. She needed to be quiet.
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Argonaut » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:02 am

Vicktor sighed as he held out his hand, awaiting payment. Sometimes, he almost felt sad for his customers, depending on him. Vicktor would sometimes spike their daily dosages with other, more potent drugs to keep them under his thumb forever. Whenever he did, he always felt like telling these people not to take the drugs, to try and help them! There was so much more they could be doing, so much wasted potential... Then Vicktor felt the warm, crisp slaver notes fall into his hand, and the feeling of power he got knowing how much they depended on him. He usually stopped feeling bad for them immediately.

Cocking his head to the newbie, Vicktor scowled at him as he casually caught the VIP armband with one hand. Vicktor hated the rookies, they often just got in his way. More mouths to feed, more ways his territory could be divided up... He liked to imagine that Curb was his city, and anyone new in it was almost a personal insult. Eventually, he'd make this rookie pay for wanting a piece of his action, and the comment about raiding his safe almost drove him over the edge. Vicktor imagined what it'd be like to take the knife hanging around his neck and slice the rookie's, watching him gurgle and spit out blood as his client watched... Instead, Vicktor gave him one last sneer and turned back to his customer. "If you don't see me after a week, slit dat guy's throat and everything in the vault is yours."

After receiving payment, Vicktor stood and walked away, examining the armband. He careful read over the letters as he walked towards the main building where Mariah could be found. Vicktor gulped, suddenly becoming a bit anxious about his meeting. Mariah had never called on him before, and Vicktor couldn't think of anything he had done to offend her... He mostly tried to fly under the radar, he hadn't had to slit any wrists in a long time... Whatever could the bitch want with him? Vicktor stood in front of the main building for a moment, staring up at it. In an odd moment of sanity and clarity, he took a long inhale, smelling the city of Curb for what might be the last time. He slipped the armband on, adjusting it carefully to make sure anyone who looked could plainly see it. Giving his jacket a quick pat down, he made sure his tranquilizer gun was still hanging off of his hip and out of view, loaded in case the situation called for it. He raised the bullet hanging off of his neck a kiss, mumbled a quiet prayer in some old language called "Rushan" he was taught, and stepped inside. He quickly changed his demeanor, becoming his usual, cocky self again, his slick grin hiding the fear inside of him. "I come for Mariah!" Vicktor called as he stepped inside. "Me and the little lady have ourselves a date."
A man of means, by no means.
Argonaut

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:07 am

Post2.png
The winds have picked up quite a bit! -1 to above-ground perception rolls next turn!

((GM Note: Minimum editing has gone into this since I'm ready to pass out and won't be able to really do much tomorrow through Friday, give me a heads up in the OOC if something is wonky/doesn't read right/etc.))

Lucky

(HP: 13/14, Fatigue: 15%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 48/1000, Other: Mild Allergic Reaction)

Sneak Roll: 11
Brute Eavesdropping Roll: 7-1 = 6
Luck Roll: 6 + 2 = 8
Luck Roll: 15

You aren’t the sneakiest fellow, but you manage to trail the Brute at a distance without drawing too much attention to yourself. He appears to be heading towards the hotsprings before making a detour into what looks to be an unappealing patch of brambles. It’s a good thing you have boots on…

Keeping an eye out to make sure no one is watching you, you begin to make your way through the bramble patch for a solid five minutes or so before he stops, looking around! There’s nowhere to hide, and you’re still relatively close to town, so in a last ditch effort you lower yourself to the ground, prickling yourself all over!

The brambles don’t really cause you that much pain, but they do set off a mild allergic reaction as you feel small itchy lumps beginning to form on your hands and neck… Joy. Still, he didn’t appear to see you as he reaches down and unlocks a small grate hidden in all the weeds. He begins climbing down it, and, giving him a few minutes just in case, you begin to trail him once more!

It’s hot and humid down here, and you begin to get the impression that this was once some sort of miniature underground bunker based on all the piping and metalworks. It’s also rather dark as your only light source is a series of blacklights overhead.

Eventually you come to a metallic door as the Brute in front of you enters it. It appears you’ve wandered into some sort of secret detainment area as you pass by a number of cells. You hear a sound like the scraping of metal in the distance as you continue along, noting the occasional sleeping detainee here or there. Something feels odd, and it doesn’t take you long to realize what as your eyes adjust to the darkness. Most of the cells contain mutants or subhumans!

A beast within one of the cells lashes out at the Brute from within its cage as your target quickly butts it with the end of his sledgehammer. This seems to tame whatever is inside of the cage for now as it huddles into one of the darker corners, but you can still catch the sound of its growls as you pass by it.

Now at the back of the detainment cells, you can’t help but notice a small wall-mounted terminal nearby. You’d guess it’s the master locking mechanism as you watch the brute type a series of codes into it, a two minute timer appearing on the screen for “Cell 15” until it’s scheduled to unlock.

“Rise and shine, sweetheart. Hugo wants a few samples to mess around with.”

You peer into the darkness of Cell 15, watching as a hand, no, a claw that vaguely resembles a human hand, flips off the Brute. He scowls, picking up a shotgun sitting around nearby as he aims at the cell. With almost lightning speed, you watch as what appears to be a female in rags lashes out from the darkness towards the Brute, his finger pulling down the trigger- no!

You reach for your own guns, but are far too late as with two loud bangs, the subhuman woman is screaming in pain, her legs blown clean off… You go to shoot, but something feels… Off about this whole situation. Most folks would have either hesitated to pull that trigger or would have gleefully done so. The brute’s expression seems neutral. It’s as if this were simply routine.

You could always attack now as the shock of the situation has worn off. On the other hand, you could always wait to see what’s going on? The cell will open up soon, and no one’s really guarding the terminal that handles all the cell locks down here…

Garian

(HP: 12/12, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 64/1000)

"Who is it!? What do you want!?"

“Target Located”

The metallic female voice and high-pitched whirring alerts you to quickly duck to the side! Heat rushes past you, and as you look back, a large smoldering hole sits in the wall where you were just moments ago. A large military-grade combat drone “sheaths” its plasma cannon as its scanner turns from hostile red to neutral green.

“Well done.”

Two far more human voices seem to be talking to each other from the back of the droid, one gasping while the other giggles.

“I guess Lens was right, Erin! He really is good!”

“Aaron! You need to be more careful! What were you thinking!?”

The more masculine sounding one pops his head out, quickly ducking back behind the drone as if expecting a pot shot as he sighs. If one were launched, he’d seem to not even comment on it.

“Tsk, tsk, Erin. He’s not even scratched.”

“Shush, Aaron! Our apologies for blowing a hole in your wall Mr. Jorell! We’ll cover the expenses to fix that, we-”
“We represent the Grey Eagles, or rather the science division. There’s rumors that-”
“A young girl who’s a direct descendant of Hatchet is currently on a mission to collect some drones down in the Thorn Tower undercity. We’re-”
“Willing to pay you a hefty sum for the girl captured and relatively unharmed. There’s a lot of-”
“Tests we can run on such a prodigy.”
“We’re also willing to-”
“Let you keep the drones, assuming she doesn’t destroy them, plus-”
“We can offer some prototype tech?”

These twins are sort of annoying, and the bastards just blew a hole in your wall! On the other hand, even you’ve heard of Erin and Aaron. Supposedly some prodigy tech head twins within the Grey Eagles inner circle. They do tend to pay well for these sort of things, though it’s unusual for them to offer those sort of resources to a mercenary… Plus they just freaking blew a gaping hole in your wall! What the FUCK!?

Ciera

It seems to be just you and the slave ((lil)) standing up for several moments as murmurs spread through the crowd. Eventually, a few other folks stand up, most of them looking like rookies. You think you see a scientist in the crowd a little ways back. Eventually, a more experienced looking merc stands up, putting your group at six.

“Hah! Could be fun, been a while since I went through that mountain path, and at least I’ll have miss four arms and the toy there-”

A slaver turns around from the bar, shouting wildly.

“You’re gonna keep yer hands off mah merchandise if yah know wha’s good fer yeh, Charlie! Y’hear!?”

“Yeah, yeah yah old geezer. Quit your whining!”

Eventually, the six of you (and the slaver from the bar) are lead to a small room, Mr. Hugo following with for the time. You can’t help but notice that it appears to be one of the Thorn Security armories with basic protection vests and simple firearms lining the walls. As you’re all funnelled in, Hugo begins speaking once more.

“Now so y’all know, we don’t want to go sending you into some death trap unprepared. Feel free to pick out about six hundred notes worth of equipment if yah feel yah need it. It’s lookin’ like the best approach will be the backwoods way through the forest and mountains. At least so long as Drone Girl is out there in Shield Heights… I’d say you’re lookin’ at about a ten, eleven day journey without access to the highway. I’m sure y’all can find some grub out there, maybe a mutated bear or some such, but it’d be best t’be prepared nonetheless.”

You see a small placard on the back wall, it reads as follows…
Loaded Pistol + 20 bullets: 250 notes
Loaded Pump Shotgun +12 bullets: 500 notes
Gel anti-knife vest: 350 notes
Gel anti-knife bodysuit: 500 notes
Solar Graphene Cell Tazer: 250 notes
Chlorellaide Bottle: 30 notes
Day’s Rations and Water: 30 notes per day
Good Day’s Rations and Clean Water: 60 notes per day
Adderall: 10 notes per pill
Caffeine Pills: 10 notes per pill
Radiation Suit: 400 notes
Camo Sleeping Bag: 100 notes

You can’t help but notice these prices are dirt cheap compared to what most of those would cost for a civilian…

Silvus

(HP: 4/12, Fatigue: 10%, Hunger: 95%, Thirst: 95%, Radiation: 184/1000, Special: Head Trauma, +10% chance to miss/-2 perception.)

Silver Tongue: 15 + 5 (skill) + 2(Le) = 22
Eavesdropping: 5 + 5 (Aggro) + 3 (multi-person group) = 13

“Hells, she blew up the entrance!? That crazy b-”

“Shh, keep yer yap shut, yah dumbass!”

You hear the footsteps stop as the thugs consider their options… Ducking out from behind the corner, your shot misses wildly as it seems to aggravate the three thugs, the one with the pistol stepping forward with his gun raised towards the ceiling.

“Now hold on there, little missy. Who said anything ‘bout killing or raping? See, we just mistook yah for some crazy raider or some such, right boys? Right, so how ‘bout yah help us with this here door, eh?”

They step to the side out of the way of the terminal

Romana

(HP: 10/18, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 158/1000)

Search Roll: 19 + 5 = 24

Slaver shoots at Romana with Pistol: Miss!
Romana swings with sharpened shovel: Hit!
Slaver Takes 4 damage! (4/8 HP)
Slaver Armor Takes 1 damage! (0/12 HP, now Tier 1, 6/12 HP)
Slaver Pistol Whips Romana: Natural 20!
Romana takes 8 damage! (10/18 HP)
Rags take 1 damage! (2/3 HP)
Romana impales Slaver: Hit!
Slaver takes 3 damage! (1/8 HP)
Thrashed Slaver Armor Takes 1 damage! (5/12 HP)
Slaver pistol whips Romana: Hit!
Romana takes 4 damage! (6/18 HP)
Rags take 1 damage! (1/3 HP)
Romana Impales Slaver: Hit!
Slaver takes 4 damage! (-3/8 HP)
Thrashed Slaver Armor Takes 1 damage! (4/12 HP, Tier 1, DRPP=85%)
Slaver is dead!

Romana has obtained 2 doses methamphetamines, Thrashed Slaver Armor (4/12 HP, Tier 1, DRPP=85%), 1 cannister Spray-on Skin, 1/2 bottle purified water, Pistol (2d6-2, Tier 4, 34/50 HP 6/6 shots, 1 shot/round rate of fire, 4 spare bullets)!

“Get down, civilian!”

One of the mercs tackles into you as a small barrage of rifle bullets narrowly avoids the two of you. He shakes his head, grunting, before getting back up, crouching as he returns fire.

“If you want to help Estrada, get in there and take out a few of the bastards, but be careful!”

In the heat of battle, you manage to spot a way around the majority of remaining slavers as you charge after one! He puts up quite a fight, smacking you repeatedly with his pistol as it surprisingly causes a lot of damage, and rips your already raggedy clothing to shreds. In the end though, you managed to impale him much more efficiently than he could bludgeon you, and his entrails spill out across the ground.

The other folks seem to be doing quite well themselves as they hoot and holler, the remaining slavers ending up dead in a matter of minutes. Looting your kill, you find a surprisingly decent condition weapon as well as a number of other necessities on their person!

Eventually, one of the mercenaries from before approaches you with a grin.

“Yo, you’re like a beast out there in the field! The name’s Chip, m’part of Estrada’s band. Care to join us for some grub back at HQ?”

Upon closer inspection of you, his smile weakens a bit as he seems to realize something… He still acts rather polite though as he motions at the clothing in your hands.

“It may be slaver gear, but you might want to put something on… I think those clothes have just about seen the end of their career, and they… Aren’t really covering you.”

Val

(HP: 10/10, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 73/1000)

The two of you stand around uncomfortably for several minutes as murmurs spread through the crowd. Eventually a few other people stand up, but you can’t help but notice that most of them look inexperienced… Eventually, an old friend of your master, Charlie, stands up and makes a rather crude remark.

“Hah! Could be fun, been a while since I went through that mountain path, and at least I’ll have miss four arms and the toy there-”

Your master seems to have caught wind of him as he turns around from the bar, shouting wildly.

“You’re gonna keep yer hands off mah merchandise if yah know wha’s good fer yeh, Charlie! Y’hear!?”

“Yeah, yeah... Yah old geezer. Quit your whining!”

Eventually, the six of you and your master are lead to a small room, Mr. Hugo following with for the time. You can’t help but notice that it appears to be one of the Thorn Security armories with basic protection vests and simple firearms lining the walls. As you’re all funnelled in, Hugo begins speaking once more.

“Now so y’all know, we don’t want to go sending you into some death trap unprepared. Feel free to pick out about six hundred notes worth of equipment if yah feel yah need it. It’s lookin’ like the best approach will be the backwoods way through the forest and mountains. At least so long as Drone Girl is out there in Shield Heights… I’d say you’re lookin’ at about a ten, eleven day journey without access to the highway. I’m sure y’all can find some grub out there, maybe a mutated bear or some such, but it’d be best t’be prepared nonetheless.”

You see a small placard on the back wall, it reads as follows…
Loaded Pistol + 20 bullets: 250 notes
Loaded Pump Shotgun +12 bullets: 500 notes
Gel anti-knife vest: 350 notes
Gel anti-knife bodysuit: 500 notes
Solar Graphene Cell Tazer: 250 notes
Chlorellaide Bottle: 30 notes
Day’s Rations and Water: 30 notes per day
Good Day’s Rations and Clean Water: 60 notes per day
Adderall: 10 notes per pill
Caffeine Pills: 10 notes per pill
Radiation Suit: 400 notes
Camo Sleeping Bag: 100 notes

You can’t help but notice these prices are dirt cheap compared to what most of those would cost for a civilian… Then again, they were also probably dirty. You turn to ask if it’s alright to take things as the slaver silently nods to you.

“Well, Hugo, this is about as far as I go. I’m handin’ the collar input panel t’security. an’ the keys t’Charlie. If that sack’a shet tries anythin’, yeh give us a heads up when yah get back, y’hear, girl? Don’t need no damaged merchandise if this is all a load of shet.”

Wyviera

(HP: 14/14, Fatigue: 10%, Hunger: 85%, Thirst: 85%, Radiation: 88/1000)

Drive: 17 + 5 = 22

"Do you think you can drive it? I saw you playing the car game yesterday."

Janette has a rather blank stare as she looks around the entrance to the facility. She doesn’t seem to be very familiar with the territory as she points to the east.

“We’re going that way, right?”

She mumbles quietly, yawning as the Lieutenant nods. Quirking a brow, she hops on the small atv and motions for you to sit behind her. Holding on to her, you can feel the rumbling of the engine as she turns it on. Giving the accelerator a few practice twists, the vehicle jerks back and forth a little bit before she nods, seemingly satisfied.

“It’s like the old world racing game… Except in this case if we hit an obstacle, we die in a horrible high velocity incident… Sweet.”

Before you can even protest though, she slams on the accelerator, and you can feel the wind breeze by you (and occasional bug slap into your armor). The speedometer is reading at something around 50 miles per hour as you whiz by various broken down vehicles and rubble piles on the road (some a little too close for comfort). Janette shows no signs of slowing down or stopping, and you can’t help but notice that those explosions are, indeed, coming from some unmarked group picking off a slaver caravan. Janette seems to ignore the fighting as she sets off a few proximity mines that go off just moments after passing them, the heat from them radiating off of your back. It might be your first time riding in a vehicle like this in a long time, perhaps ever, but after this girl’s carelessness, you don’t feel like you’ll want to be driving on one of these things in the near future.

It’s a little past mid day by the time you get to the outskirts of Thorn Tower, and with the number of raiders you whizzed by, you’re rather glad that you had driven instead of walking. It doesn’t help that Janette ignored most of your protests to slow down or take things easier, but you were here at least… Looking about, you can spot the ramp that leads to the inner city, and another road that leads deeper in, and likely leads to where you need to go… For now, Janette has hopped off the ATV as she looks around at her surroundings wide-eyed with amazement.

“I didn’t realize they made buildings this big…”

Her mumbling is barely audible as you think you pick up the sounds of shrieking in the distance, likely from a pack of mutants fighting. Where this girl sees wonder and amazement, you can’t help but feel on alert… Shield heights might be more outright dangerous, but there is no telling what waits within Thorn Tower’s undercity… Hell, even the people at the tower had a huge steel gate around their community. Janette’s visor comes up as she grins, pulling out her ion pistol.

“Screw the drones, Miss Mars, lets find us a generator!”

She goes to run off, but you’re used to that little trick by now, and easily manage to grab hold of the back of her suit as she lurches forward before being pulled back.

Crash

(HP: 13/13, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 67/1000)

Sneak: Natural 1
Luck: 4 -1 = 3

Whatever it is, it’s probably not worth fighting… You begin to make your way outside, rather stealthily at that before opening the door… It seems some hooligans had been out during the evening playing pranks, as a number of metallic objects positioned right outside the door clang and clatter to the ground. The munching sound from the alleyway seems to stop as a loud tromping fills your ears…

You aren’t entirely sure what to expect as a green, oily-skinned… Thing makes its way out. It walks on four legs like a bear, but it has almost a frog-like appearance to it. The being lacks eyes as it opens its mouth, several rows of sharp teeth becoming visible to you that look like they’re designed more for ripping and tearing than crushing bone.

It sniffs the air several times before looking in your direction, letting out a low, cackly growl… Whoever set up that noise trap outside? Yeah. Fuck them.

Vicktor

(HP: 15/15, Fatigue: 0%, Hunger: 100%, Thirst: 100%, Radiation: 89/1000)

You enter into Curb as the club music fills your ears, multicolored lights filling the center of the room and a number of sofas are littered about. A few folks are buying drinks at a nearby bar. The two security guards lazily stand at the entrance to the main building, one of them speaking almost mechanically.

“Welcome to curb, are you here for b-”

"I come for Mariah! Me and the little lady have ourselves a date."

“Ah, good to see you Vicktor. Seeing Mariah eh? Your funeral. Right, that’ll be ten notes and you’ll need to deposit your weap-”

“Huh, looks like he has a VIP pass, boss…”

”Eh? Ah… right. I think Mariah was in her room at the moment, top floor as always. Best of luck…”

You’re glad the elevator works, given how high up the top floor suites are. Knocking on the door, you hear a mild giggle on the other side.

“Come on in, darling! I’m just tinkering around!”

You half expect a gory scene, or perhaps a row of armed guards as you let yourself in… The room is an absolute pigsty of empty bottles lining the ground. In one corner there’s a small terminal, and in the other you can see a rather fancy king sized mattress. Overall it looks rather normal… Well, except for the deactivated combat drone that Mariah seems to be tinkering with. The rather short redhead is in a pair of khaki overalls and a white tanktop, and various hickeys… No, on closer inspection those are just blotches of oil… You think… Cover her body.

“Want a sip, sweetie? Take a seat!”

She tosses a small fold-up chair your way followed by a bottle of whiskey as she finishes whatever she’s doing to the drone. Walking over to you, she seems to be inspecting you from head to toe, walking around you repeatedly. She places her hands gently on your shoulders and begins to massage them as she speaks rather cheerfully.

“Vicktor Larinov, right? Mind if I call yah Larry? Haha! I like that one, that’ll work! Well sweetie, you definitely look the part. I bet you’ve been through all kinds of hell helping those poor old folks get some relief out there on the streets, am I right? Well, needless to say, little old Mariah can’t just ignore the kind folks of curb when they have so much to offer!”

Without warning, you feel her breath on your back as she lowers her hands further down towards… What the FUCK!? You push her off of you as you feel her teeth sinking into your shoulder. Who the fuck just randomly bites people!? Mariah seems unfazed though as she continues to talk.

“Oh! Well, you definitely have good reflexes, haha! Mmm, a little unsatisfying, but I think there’s potential there… See, I have word that the Grey Eagles just made a big batch of red eye, and I think it would be in both our interests if we can get a few crates of it… Tell yah what hon, how about we make a deal… You bribe them to pass it on to us instead of sending it to the front lines, and I make sure you become rich… Very fast. I don’t think there’s a price too high for those crates, but lets just say the cheaper you get them, the more of a bonus you’ll get!”

She gives you a wink, acting as if she didn’t just bite you as she giggles, looking you up and down as she licks her lips.
Grape_Drink

Postby [Brand_Name] » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:24 pm

The sudden tackle from the Estrada member knocked the wind out of Romana's lungs. Regardless, she was thankful for his assistance, and gave him a nod when she got up. The first slaver she saw inspired a rush of hate and brought her into a frenzy. She hardly noticed his pistol until he'd used it to tear away her rags, leaving her almost entirely naked. But it was over in a second; her shovel had pierced his abdomen, and she ripped out his entrails onto the road below. Only until the fight was over did she feel the pain from the bludgeoning, but she knew that she'd ended up much better than he had. As she leaned on her shovel in sudden exhaustion, one of the mercs approached her. She said no words to him, but her face told him how thankful she was for all their help, and his... Maturity regarding her current situation. She looted the slaver and donned his armor, examining the pistol and the drugs he carried. She didn't want to waste the spray-on-skin now, so she pocketed it along with everything else and tailed along with the rest of the mercs.
Peace & Light
[Brand_Name]

Postby That_One_Guy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Garian was right to have ducked to the side as just a moment ago, the door and parts of the wall had just blown out and he stared directly at a combat drone but, moments before he began to fire on it, it stopped and the voices popped out. He stayed in cover as he listened to their proposal, thinking hard on the subject, listening to them finish each other's sentences. He sighed and wished he had something to smoke before popping his head out really quickly.
"Alright, lads, here are MY conditions, I will accept yours, the prototypes, the drones, and the repairs. But I would like someone to stay here to keep my building safe and, if I do not find any drones, I would like compensation in cash." He then thought a moment, "Also a picture of this person i'm after so I know who to look for." He told them, "Now, let me make myself presentable, give me 20 minutes." He said and walked back into his room, holstering his weapon but, before going for his clothes, he looked down at his captive, the slut he still had chained and wondered if he had enough time for a quickie before getting clothed and heading out...
That_One_Guy

Postby spriter1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Ciera gritted her teeth at the four arm remark, but decided to ignore it as she wasn't exactly the best in terms of strength anyway. Besides, she has heard worse.
Her eyes lit up at the sight of all of the items in the room though. She could make a fortune off of this stuff! And that is with the price being taken off, as this was some profit to be made... But greed came before that though. She almost laughed when the guys said take stuff if you needed it, since with the way the world is, people would kill over a drop of dirty water. She first off picks up a sleeping bag and 5 bottles of chlorellaide, after that taking 5 portions of the good food rations, then the rest in caffeine pills. She didn't bother looking at the weapons, since she already had a pistol with ammo. The vest did tempt her though, but she has managed to survive for this long without one, so she isn't going to be fussed on one now.

After that, she just settle back and waits for everyone else to finish so she can get changed back into her normal garb and sort her new stuff into her bag. Her eyes did keep falling onto the slave girl though, wondering what exactly was going on in her head and what made her tick... Not everyday you see someone with an extra eye, even in the wastelands.
spriter1
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Stickasensi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:24 pm

"What the hell is going on here?" Mark thought as he looked around the room at the various sub-humans and mutants cowering in their cells. Mark had to hope that none of these creatures gave his prensence away to the thug at the end of the room. "Wait... Hugo..Hugo.. That name rings a bell.." Mark mouthed silently to himself " I remember! Hugo was that pig of a man i met in Thorn Tower a while back.. Why would he have an operation like this going on in Loyalist territory?" Suddenly shooken out of silent thought by two loud gunshots, Mark's mind raced thinking he had been found out, but then clearing away these suspicions he could hear the screams of pain coming from the female sub-human in Cell 15. The man had shot the sub-human in the legs with a shotgun, blowing her legs clean out from under her! He was going to wait and see what would have happened but that shotgun just raised the threat level way up.. It was time to take this guy out. Getting to the computers wasnt really an option because honestly he didnt know how to crack codes or anything like that and waiting certainly wasnt an option as he would be soon spotted by something. The only real decision he could make here was to shoot the man.

"Shit.. This is going to get bad fast if i don't do something about it.." Mark thought as he moved his hand down to one of his revolver, Specifically his right revolver which still held 5 of the six shots it could contain. The bumps on his hand were irritating his grip, but it wasnt like he experienced anything like this before on his various travels through the wastes so he used his survival skills to ignore the irritations coming from his palms. Slowly sliding out his pistol he knew if he waited any longer things could get even worse than they already were or maybe one of the beasts would grab him. Which is why he was sure to stand well away from the cells in the shadows were he could remain unnoticed. The revolver was now out of its holster aimed maliciously in the other mans direction, taking his time mark slowly lined up the shot at his foe's shiny bald skull. He needed to make this shot or his cover would be blow and a surprise attack wouldn't be an option any longer. "Huh.. I should probably send Hugo an apology message afterwards.." He thought as he pulled the trigger.
No! forget the glass, just give me the pitcher, for I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death... which I hope is soon. Amen.
~ Archer
Stickasensi

Postby Argonaut » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:36 am

Vicktor can't help but let his jaw hang open a little as he looks around the room. He expected the owner of Curb's room to be a bit more... Lavish, and less cluttered. Nevertheless, his shock didn't stop him from casually stopping the chair with his foot and catching the bottle of whiskey with one hand and swiftly opening it with the other. He took a long swig from the bottle, letting out a satisfied sigh as the drink burned the back of his throat. Vicktor might not partake in any of his own drugs, but that was only because he didn't sell alcohol or sex, or at least not right now. Unfolding the chair, Vicktor sat and swallowed more whiskey. He cringed as he drank, but not from the drink: He hated when people didn't call him Vicktor. His name was very important to him, which meant nicknames were a no-go. He supposed he could suck it up for Mariah, though. Best not to correct her, incase she took offense. As she looked Vicktor up and down, he simply grinned and examined her right back. He liked what he saw, and raised and eyebrow as he felt her hands on his shoulders. Vicktor settled into his chair and was about to make some cocky remark before he was bitten.

Standing and pushing Mariah away, Vicktor's eyes widened. Did she really just bite him? Doing his best to calm down, Vicktor focused on the task he was proposed, his inner business man going crazy. "Red eye? That's good stuff, Mariah. Gonna be pretty tough to convince anyone to part with a few crates of it, let alone some soldiers who probably need it to take their nerves off of a fight. I'm gonna need supplies, a down payment and something to bribe them with. I don't think they'll trade it all for just this bottle of whiskey, do you?" Vicktor chuckled at his own joke and swirled the bottle around as he watched Mariah lick her lips. A cocky smirk settled on his lips, thinking the next part over carefully. "Tell you what, Mariah. We discuss my incentives over another bottle of whiskey, I spend the night and head off to get you that red eye in the morning. Sound like a deal?" Vicktor grinned, looking over Mariah over as well. He could do with some stress relief of his own, and by the way Mariah was looking at him, Vicktor felt he'd be getting that relief pretty soon.
A man of means, by no means.
Argonaut

Postby lilbooth » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:59 pm

Val accepted a parting embrace from her owner and watched carefully as the key to her collar was passed on to Charlie. She didn’t know Charlie very well but he was still a man, and over the years Val had collected quite a bit of knowledge about men. She knew that the first few days would be smooth and she could shrug him off, but she worried just how confident he really was.
With her brief inspection of Charlie’s character coming to a close Val strode over to the equipment wall. A few of the devices were foreign to her but several stood out. She dare not take a weapon just to have Charlie confiscate it, and she figured a change in attire would only entice him further, so Val decided on ten days worth of rations, four bottles of Chlorellaide to take incrementally, a sleeping bag, and four of each adderall and caffeine. Val quickly packed her supplies into the sleeping bag and hoisted it up over her shoulder. She discovered it would be rather strenuous to carry her supplies like this and sought to fashion some straps from either her dress or utility clothes. The other option of course was to ask Charlie to carry something for her, but already being a slave that would just further in debt her owner to Charlie.
With her gear selection complete she stood close to Charlie and inspected the other five members of the team, the most interesting being the women with four arms, who since receiving her gear, looked much more pleased than several moments ago.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Reaver » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:54 am

Driving was nothing like Wyviera had expected. It hadn't been the first time she had seen a vehicle or at least the rusted husk of one but it was the first time she had ever been on one. The exhilaration and wind in her face was incredible but the terror was overwhelming as they sped past everything. She couldn't remember but at some point she had just given up trying to get Jeanette to slow down and had closed her eyes to keep herself from feeling sick. The only consolidation of the ride was that it gave her time to make a plan with all the information she knew at this point.

The drones were located in the undercity, an area she was unfamiliar with. She wasn't sure how much Jeanette had packed but she knew that she, herself didn't have enough ammunition for multiple encounters or a prolonged firefight. Going in and out quietly was going to be the only safe option. And if everything went to shit..... Well at least they had a way to make a quick escape.

As the ATV jerked to a stop, she opened her eyes. Wyviera was just as amazed as Jeanette as they looked up at Thorn Tower. "It really makes you wonder what life used to be like before shit went to hell." She whispered back as she scanned the area. She wasn't going to let her curiosity get the best of herself, especially here and especially with Janette. Her awareness was probably why she was ready when Jeanette tried to dart off and explore. She knew she was going to have to stern with her to curb this type of behavior on this mission and part of her already felt bad for what she was going to have to say.

Grabbing her by her suit, Wyviera spun the girl around and crouched so they were at eye level. "Look! Jeanette! Listen to me, this is very important! This isn't the base, this is the outside world! Think of it like the training room on level lethal if you want but do not go running off without me. Things, bad things could happen to you and me and Regus don't want that to happen. I wouldn't be able to return to base if anything happened, I've pledged my life to protect and I will follow through with it. I need you to listen to me, follow my orders and stay safe.... Please."

Wyviera had only known Jeanette for a day but the young girl had grown on her more than she had suspected she would. She'd never admit to it out loud but she saw her as herself when she had been younger and alone in the world. She's like a daughter to me and I will protect with all that I have. She found her own thoughts a bit disturbing. Wyviera had always watched out for herself but now she was finding herself willing to make a sacrifice for a girl she barely knew.

"Look.... Just stay focused, I don't want you hurt. Maybe this will help you. Locate the drones, not a generator." She said, reaching into her pocket and giving Jeanette the device she had confiscated from her the previous day. "I'll give you a little time, while I try to hide the ATV."

Taking the key from the ATV, Wyviera walked the ATV over to the wall until she found a nice shaded spot that would at least make it not stick out like a sore thumb. After she dealt with the ATV she pulled her sniper rifle out before walking back to Jeanette. "Alright, lets get moving. To the wonderful Undercity we go!" She said, her voice full of sarcasm.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Gorbaz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:08 pm

"Shit" Crash cursed as the thing outside locked it's eyes on her. It looked big, and it looked hungry, and not too intelligent. That meant it would be trouble. Chances are it could outpace her too, so running away may not be a viable course of action. Drawing out both her knives, she stayed in the doorway and knelt down, making herself look smaller than it, knowing that most wild animals would ignore or be generally less aggressive to those that put themselves on a less dominant position. "Easy there. I don't want trouble..." she said, hoping that the beast could understand. Of course, if it could not and chose to attack, she'd strike back with both her knives, ging the doorway to stop it flanking her or using its bulk as an advantage
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Goryokaku » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:24 pm

“Doesn't work like that guys, because the moment I open up the door for you there's no guarantee for my safety so how about instead you guys go wait further in this pretty little compound and you allow me to leave first and you give me say 2 hours. You promise to do that and I'll leave this door unlocked for you guys to escape after I'm safely away.” Silvus wasn't going to trust a bandit, especially as they had shot her. Before speaking to her, it wasn't that she would have trust them even if they hadn't shot her she probably wouldn't trust them either, it was very easy to get sold into slavery if you weren't careful. She'd already primed another shot in her dart gun and if she could get out of here with out any issues she would possibly let them escape though that depended on how well they behaved if they planned to betray her somewhat palatable trust she was going to shut the exit behind her on the way out and leave them here to rot. “Think it through boys you only have so long before I decided to go back deeper in and release the rest of the experiments left bottled up.” Silvus lied fluently she doubted the possibility of any of the other experiments being around still.
The sex offenders register... I don't even think they should be at school...
Goryokaku

Next

Return to Roleplay