Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team

Postby Phoenixcz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:38 am

Despite her faith being more of a result of the conditioning she has recieved then true belief, Ash's thanks to the Emperor is genuine. She prepares her blade to finish the fallen marine, but as she notices Rosette moving towards him, she aims her neural shredder at her. She's ready to shoot her teammate for her apparent betrayal, but stops when she notices that Rosette is neither attacking her nor helping the injured marine. Ash lets her to execute him, but doesn't lower her weapon, it may still be some sort of deception and the sister may turn against her when Ash lowers her guard. She doesn't know if the weapon have enough power for another shot, but then, neither does Rosette.

"I wasn't aware women from your order are allowed behave like that." Ash is watching Rosette closely, but her gaze have a tendency to wander from the weapon in her hand to other parts of her naked body.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:46 am

Noticing the Assassin's looks Rosette quickly rearranged her robes to keep her modesty.

"And I thought one in your line of work would appreciate the use of misdirection," Rosette scoffed, tucking the bolt pistol back up her sleeve, "And considering your own state of dress and company you've kept I wouldn't be pointing fingers."

Rosette turned to look at the control consoles.

"Have you activated the defenses?" She asked, "This entire mission was a trap, the traitors lured us and the Tyranids here as a sacrifice to summon their gods."
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Seeing Rosette doing the same, Ash slowly lowers her weapon. "Not yet, your friend..." Ash points at the dead marine "Surprised me when I was about to. Heretic's leader is dead, though not without complications..." Ash looks down at the hole torn in her bodysuit. "And not entirely by my own hand." Ash glances at Esther and is glad that she's alive, though wounded. "Without her, I would be dead and you would still be a plaything of your love." Sarcastic tone of Ash's words is something that Rosette haven't seen before. Back at Xenobane, and even before their involuntarily parting earlier in the mission, her behavior was often almost mechanical. Now, she seems much more human, with an actual personality.

"And I'm grateful for your distraction, I don't think I would've had much of a chance without it, I'm just surprised that a Sister would thought about that...and that she would still be alive in a situation like this in the first place, I though members of Adeptus Sororitas prefers death to...defilement."
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:42 am

"I had a plan," Rosette humphed after the Assassin called her the Marines plaything, "and it didn't involve being saved by a deviant xenos witch."

Looking at the console and displays, Rosette knew she was out of her element here among the damned instruments of the Admech.

"A Sister from the Martyred Lady knows her life is the greatest weapon of faith she has, while she draws breath she can still resist and fight in his name and glory. That is what Saint Katherine taught us." Rosette preached soulfully, dredging back up the orders darkest momoment, "If my Canoness deigns me to join the Repentia upon my return I will do so gladly, but until that moment I will continue to carryout my duties as one of the faithful. Now, we must activate the defenses with least collateral damage to the city, each life lost only fuels our enemy's plan until we can eliminate his shrines."

Gathering her things she headed for the door.

"I must find my what remains of my armour."
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:01 pm

"Is this the main control center or just some auxilary one? My code should override whatever the heretics did to deactivate the defenses, and then we may be more useful here, overseeing the defenses, then killing the traitors directly." Ash walks between the panels, looking for some undamaged by the previous fight that looks like it could be important to try to input her code as Esther adviced her earlier.

"Unless you know where your weapons and armor are, I would suggest you don't wander the hive alone and almost unarmed. We need to defend this room in case more traitors shows up, Esther doesn't looks like she's in any state to fight and I can't watch all the entrances and try to do something with the cogitators at the same time. Also, there may be tyranid lictor lurking around, looking for a lone victim, and I don't think you would like to meet him...though if they are as vengeful as some says, it's propably going after me first." Ash smiles mischievously at Rosette. "And if we can get the public vox running, I think you may be better at giving some morale boosting speech to the loyal guardsmen and have few choice words for traitors. Killing their leaders without their knowledge may confuse them for a time, but telling them they are dead may be a bigger blow to their morale and may cause infighting between their officers for Thorne's position."
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:05 am

"My armour and equipment should still be nearbye... at the site of my fall," She mumbled the last, "I'm afraid I would be of little use defending this sanctum armed with what little I possess at the moment."

Waiting at the door, she paused to finish the conversation before leaving.

"Thorn and his minions were only pawns, lambs to the slaughter for the Marines to complete their sacrifice. Informing whatever Marines remain, I doubt there was only the one, may accelerate their plans or lead to Thorn's flock infighting for dominance and furthering the Marines's goals anyway." She put forth her own arguement, "Perhaps we can seal this room or level to protect the Admech while we work at cleansing shrines?"
exalted

Postby KnightVanilla » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:52 am

"Well don't get yourself killed them we already lost on person in our squad on arrival." She said motioning her last squadmate to follow as her flamer was more than ready for use in the situation of enemy should enemy combatants arrive.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Hazard1325 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:48 am

Knight, Gorbaz
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The Tech priestess shook her head. "To many critical systems failing... I can ensure the lift remains here, nothing else. Moving would only make the condition worse. Go, slay the heretics..." She says before settling in near her terminal. The two surviving kill team members now had a few options. Either track down the central command station, begin hunting down and killing as many heretics as possible, or start sabotaging the planetary fortress so chaos could not make use of it.

Exalted, Pheonixcz

The marine twitches as the gun is pressed to him but is unable to avoid the killing blow and slumps back clearly dead or wishing he was. The Eldar attempted to pull her remaining clothing closed to hide her curves but the cut was far to wide. "Leaving will serve no purpose but to separate us. Like it or not Imperials we are forced into the same movements." She said moving towards the large servitor plugged into the fortress. It wailed and spat at her evidently no happier to be speaking with an Eldar than a Traitor. She removed her helm letting her dark hair fall free. Like most Eldar she was beautiful by teran standards... but most certainly heretical to think of in that manner. "Do you know the words to calm this creature?" She asked looking back towards Ash.

Spitfire

Kris put a crossbow round through his eye causing the traitor to fall with a wail of terror and pain. The remaining heretics didn't realize anything was wrong before she flipped down to the landing and cut through another one. Finally one raised its rifle toward her and began spewing bullets wildly across her position, thankfully none connected.
Hazard1325

Postby exalted » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:22 am

"I seen no problem with his attitude," Huffed Rosette as she waited, "Witch."

That wasn't exactly true, the damned thing was still a blaspheming devotee of a the thrice accursed Machine God... false god... and did not pay proper fealty to the obviously far superior Emperor... but he was still better than the deviant xenos witch.
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:10 pm

Ash isn't surprised by Rosette's hostility towards Esther. Eldar are enemies of the Imperium, and thanks to her work, Ash knows more about their treacherous ways then most. But despite that, she mostly trusts her...the Eldar has saved her life, after all.

"I do see a problem. The traitor techpriests tried to use this servitor to give them control over the defenses." Ash walks towards the servitor while trying to get a better look at Esther's exposed body without her noticing. Heretical? Yes...but so enticing. "I'll try my code, but I think you should get away from it, I don't think it will cooperate as long as you're in it's vicinity." Ash doesn't add the other reason to have the Eldar some distance away: she'd like to keep her code a secret from her, just in case.

"I'm not sure where to input the code, though...why are no techpriests around when you really need them for once?"
Phoenixcz

Postby spitfyre » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:57 am

Kris got ready to fire as she lined up her first shot. She took a deep breath, and pulled the trigger on the exhale, she saw the arrow go straight through the eye of a heretic, and she didn't pause for a second. She lept down, running another through with her dagger. She turned to the last as he began to shoot at her, but she was agile enough to dodge any shot that tried to go near her and set her eyes on the last target. Aiming to kill. She quickly brought her arm over her head with a dagger in hand, she whipped it down and threw the first dagger with all her might at the soldier, even if it hit, she charged after it, bringing the second dagger to bear and striking out with it.
When life give you lemons, get sour 'bout life. Image
spitfyre

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:35 am

Being unable to help or preserve a life made her job all the more difficult. Understaniding the intentions of the tech priest she nodes ands walks away. Among all the goals they could achieve regaining control seemed to take priority. "We gun down, burn away, cut up those that get in our way of the control center." Selena said trying to think of the quickest route to their destination.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Gorbaz » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:58 pm

Faye, having remained mostly stationary, gave a nod. She was ready to do her job, and do it well - massacre anyone who got in her way. "Agreed. If we can take a couple alive then we may be able to get to our target faster". She flexed her saw-hand, making the blade spin slowly. Already her mind was locking into the methods of murder she would visit upon the cultists
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:39 am

Exalted, Pheonixcz

Esther walked away to join Rosette, staring angrily back at the sister of battle but remaining silent. Ash glanced over the servitor who stopped wailing. "This servant requires auditory activation. If you have a valid code please recite it." Ash lowered her voice considerably and spoke her assassins overwrite. The servitor seemed to squirm and twitch processing the information until finally it looked back to her. "Access granted. Awaiting your commands." The Eldar smiled at that. "All hope is not lost it seems... we still have a portal to dismantle and an army of heretics to deal with before this place is secure. Automated defenses could cleanse most of this place servants of chaos and the imperuim alike." She said looking towards Ash. "Its the fastest way to ensure we have no unwanted guests within the fort."

Spitfyre

Kris's dagger was true and impaled itself in the final heretics chest quickly ripping it open as he screamed and fell to the ground. Within a few moments she could hear more on their way, eventually she would be worn down from such odds. Escaping upwards into the maintenance areas would provide her a quite escape or she could use the main corridors to ensure there were no nasty surprises waiting for her up there.

Gorbaz, KnightVanilla

Seeing there was nothing to do for the tech priestess the two of them moved forward into the corridors. It wasn't long until they encountered fighting, but surprisingly it wasn't aimed at them. A group of heretics had a small group of civilians pinned down, the civilians were sporting autoguns of their own and firing back but they were badly outnumbered and wouldn't last much longer in the firefight. Faye however was in the right position to charge into the group of cultists unseen and rip them apart provided she wasn't gunned down in the crossfire.
Hazard1325

Postby Phoenixcz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:58 pm

"Give me the status of defense systems and known Imperial and enemy forces. Activate defenses, activate IFF recognition. Priority target list: Daemons, unidentified Adeptus Astartes, Tyranid xenos, other targets. Exclude Eldar xenos from target list unless they engage in hostile actions, but track their positions." As she finishes the orders, Ash quickly draws the plasma pistol and aims it at Esther. She doesn't want to kill her ally, but it's time for eldar to explain the reasons for her presence.

"Our mission is to find the means to reactivate the defenses, defeat the traitors and prepare for the tyranid invasion. The first objective is complete. Targetting Imperial forces would jeopardise other objectives, and, if what Rosette has said is true, serve whatever plan the traitors have. And I haven't heard anything about any portal before...I think it's about time you told me what are you really doing here."
Phoenixcz

Previous

Return to Roleplay