Amurnat

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Amurnat

Postby Cliff Racer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:03 am

Mild giggles a bit, then actually gives Jason a quick peck on the cheek. "When we get to the rest stop! Don't worry, I'm not about to go back on my offer!" She opens up one of the pouches on her belt, pulling out a couple strips of dried... fruit. Huh. She holds out some for Jason, taking a strip for herself. "Like one? Good to keep energy for the trip."
Scree! Scree! Scree! I'm on weekdays from 4:00 to 6:50, then 14:00 to 22:00 (all PST) and most weekends all day, excluding sporadic video game breaks!
Cliff Racer

Postby jayjaycaps » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 am

Jason raises a hand to the cheek that was kissed, but quickly puts it back down. He looks at Emmi though, a coy smile on his face. He takes the dried fruit, and takes a bite.
"Fine, at the next rest stop..." He says with fake disappointment. He even tries to pout, but can't frown for very long before he's smiling again, remembering the kiss. It may have just been a peck on the cheek, but it was something...
Debt is salvation
jayjaycaps

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:11 am

Ramul feels somewhat relieved that Kaleah is responding with words, and non-confrontational ones, at that. He responds with his own introduction: "Ramul Calmino, though feel free to shorten it to 'Ram,' if you'd prefer. Of course, I don't have a title like 'Dragonslayer' to my name, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with something like 'Storm Edge,' or perhaps 'Lightning Rider.'" he says with a humorous smile and a soft chuckle, for while he does find those "titles" rather snappy, they're still just titles, and actions speak louder than words.

"By the way, that flame-burst attack from earlier? Quite impressive. I may try to make my own version of it one day." Previous glare-scare aside, Ramul does find Kaleah's skills quite admirable. There's no challenge, taunting, or sarcasm in his words, as a result. Of course, his own magical skills are a little..."limited" at present, but he's had years to hone the techniques he does have, so they're very powerful in their own rights.

Still, he could always use a larger list of spells, as his magic does have a lot of potential. He simply needs to unlock that potential, bit by bit...and to be fair, he might be able to learn some more things to do with it by watching how Kaleah handles her own fire magic.
Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby napsii » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:22 am

Kaleah nodded slowly at Ramul's response, but in her head was intensely scrutinizing how he worded himself. Storm Edge...? He doesn't look egotistical. Might be worthy of a name like that. she considered. Truly, she didn't imagine herself as having much of a care for her teammates so long as they didn't die an untimely death and leave her fending off a group of rabid wolves by her lonesome, but this Ramul character had managed to arouse her interest without inciting any raging emotion. This was rare on account of how incompatible she was with the average Draconian, so this man came off much more interesting to her than he should have.

She looked over to another of her quest-mates, who was shouting warnings like it was her job. She acknowledged them silently, but made no reply.

The girl looked down to floor at his compliment, a bit of pink spreading to her cheeks for a reason she couldn't understand. Fortunately, the dragon tattoo on her left cheek served to mask it partially.

"T-thanks." was all the reply she gave. She resumed her search for food, and came up with a juicy looking pear that she bit into with as much grace as possible to not make herself look like a slob.

"Nice sword." she added between bites.
napsii

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:45 am

Kaleah's comment on Ramul's sword is rather unexpected, but he replies with honest. "Why thank you. Can't say I've had comments on it much, though. It's nothing too fancy...just a humble gift from an old friend, with a little rune-work so I can charge it up."

Old man Kal had given Thor to Ramul a while back, as proof of "graduation" from his training. It was something of a family heirloom, as his grandfather once wielded it when he was younger. Though, it saw more battles with his grandpa than with him, as its former wielder was a "guard for hire" who would protect caravans and travel groups for the right price, and such work led him into many bandit encounters. Ramul, on the other hand, attempts to bypass bandits when he can within reason, as it allows him to preserve stamina, and saves money on sword repairs.

Taking a hint from Kaleah, Ramul decides to grab another fresh apple for the road, before turning towards the door and telling Kaleah: "We should get going. If someone's willing to send Homonculi after the king, they're likely to send reinforcements...and I don't think getting tangled up in that would be very wise, wouldn't you agree?" He then heads over towards the exit, and tells Emmi: "Well, I should be good for a while." Might as well get a move on, so they don't keep the king waiting on their big important quest.
Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby napsii » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:04 am

"As long as it works..." Kaleah concluded to herself of Ramul's blade. It looked delicately forged, but certainly a fine weapon. It was hard to stack up to her own Slayers' Glaive, however. That mirrored blade had eviscerated bandit, dragon and undead abomination alike and never failed her when she trusted it with her life and liberty. She finished up with her fruit and downed the last of her ale. Despite its intoxicating qualities it had barely given her a buzz, being that her half-Draconian heritage granted her a resilience to intoxicants far beyond a regular human. Feeling a bit rejuvenated, she nodded her head and leapt back over the counter, headed towards the door.

"Oh, I agree. Let's go!" she called, clearly not interested in waiting now that she had her meager fill of food. The "rest stop", surely, would have more to sate her appetite. But she could soldier through hunger and thirst as long as a clear goal was in mind.
napsii

Postby Cliff Racer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:20 am

Mild decides to stand, munching on another piece of dried fruit. She walks over to the door, then stands next to it politely and waits for the others to do the same. "Mm, I am ready. I would like to get far, far away from this tavern."
Scree! Scree! Scree! I'm on weekdays from 4:00 to 6:50, then 14:00 to 22:00 (all PST) and most weekends all day, excluding sporadic video game breaks!
Cliff Racer

Postby Account404 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:26 am

"One moment, then..." Draeden takes the opportunity to (instead of ordering food!) pilfer the tavern of every bit of salvagable food he can find, tying his cloak up to a broken table leg in order to make a crude, makeshift knapsack. "We can just claim it as part of the 'damages' done to the tavern, hmm? 'Spoiled food' and whatnot."

He turns to Kadi, sighing a little, "Bit different to what I had in mind, but either you can stay here and continue working the stall trying to pawn off baubles and trinkets ... Or, you can join us for a quest fraught with peril and danger." He smirks at the deep elf, "Your choice."

At that, he hoists his makeshift knapsack over his shoulder and begins to walk out of the tavern.
The quieter you become, the more you can hear ...
Account404

Postby thealchemist » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Eona nods her head in agreement and gathers up spme fruit for the road. She then looks at her fellow travlers "shall we?" Gesturing with her arm towards the exit
R.I.P Whores of the Old Republic
thealchemist

Postby jayjaycaps » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:26 am

Jason smiles, and quickly decides that if he must wait until the next rest stop, he might as well enjoy the trip. Using his magic on the metal bands, he takes another mug of ale. Taking a large swig again, bursts out the door, eager to get moving.

"You heard the lady, let's get a move on! Hoooo!" Jason calls back to the others, waiting outside the tavern.
Debt is salvation
jayjaycaps

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:32 am

Seeing Jason's enthusiasm, Ramul can't help but chuckle lightly with amusement. It feels good to have fun once in a while, and a cheery spirit like that is always welcome. Reminds him of when he was still growing up...

Stepping out the door, Ramul snaps his fingers a few times, each time causing a tiny arc of electricity to bounce between his fingers. On his way out, he says to Kaleah, mostly just to express how he feels about the situation: "It's been a while since I've traveled with a group this energetic. Things are looking up already." He doesn't say it out loud, but in his head, Ram thinks to himself: (Here we come, world. Just try to stop us.) The thought alone puts an eager smile on his face.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby That_One_Guy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Garian continued to look for something to eat, groaning with hunger.
That_One_Guy

Postby Lady Foxy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Ellen had been getting her things ready; having eyed the king before he had left, although her eyes were set on that lovely amulet of his, should she ever meet it again.. Of course, by now she had been simply sitting down on a chair with her eyes looking over everybody in the tavern. ''~Ooh, Draconians.. Dragons.. Aah, just like the lullaby's from Daddy..'' She thought in the 'safe haven' which was her mind, before snapping back to reality and standing up; making her hood was kept nice and tidy, covering the uppermost part of her face.

''~Excuse me.'' Ellen whispered as she passed by Ramul, stepping outside before taking a good look at the people around; she liked to guess who carried gold the most.
Atton Rand: "Feels like my last time on Telos."
Bao-Dur: "Crashed a shuttle that time, too?"
Atton Rand: "No, pazaak.''
Lady Foxy

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Ramul steps aside graciously to allow Ellen to pass by, though there's something about her that seems to catch his eyes. He's not the type that goes sneaking perverted peeks at young women, but he does notice that she has a rather cute smile as she walks by. With a smile like that, he wonders why she feels the need to cover the rest of her face...

Well, she has her reasons, and he won't go prying into them. Instead, he takes a small bite of the apple he claimed earlier, trying to ration the fruit somewhat. He also takes a look around the area, trying to spot any suspicious types that might be lurking around and eyeing the group, possibly to ambush them. Ramul would find it rather strange if an enemy of the king would send a lone defective Homonculus for the job, so he has a gut feeling that there's backup forces somewhere nearby...it could just be a gut feeling, but there's no harm in simply scanning the area.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby Lady Foxy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Ellen's smile slowly began to turn into a smirk, barely glancing over to the side to get a better look at the Draconian; although she simply did a good old fashioned review, nothing more. She'd smoothly lean against the walls of some building, but not even far away from the group; she didn't want to loose sight of them and loose her chance at getting so much gold and fabulous treasures as a reward.
Atton Rand: "Feels like my last time on Telos."
Bao-Dur: "Crashed a shuttle that time, too?"
Atton Rand: "No, pazaak.''
Lady Foxy

Postby jayjaycaps » Wed May 02, 2012 12:46 am

Jason finishes his drink in two more gulps. He wasn't very concered with how drunk he got, or what the others thought of him. This was an adventure, an the were traveling! Traveling was what Jason had done his whole life, and damnit if he wasn't going to enjoy himself.

Jason turns to everyone still in the tavern. He shouts inside, hoping to get everyone's attention. "Hello? Let's get a move on people! We got places to go, monsters to kill, treasure to claim!" Jason grabbed Emmi's hand and pulled her out into the street. He twirled her around once, the alcohol having a stronger affect then he thought. He didn't mind however, and laughed the whole time.
Debt is salvation
jayjaycaps

Postby thealchemist » Wed May 23, 2012 11:27 pm

(In attempt to ressurect this) Eona glanced at Jason "I think you had too much."
thealchemist

Postby napsii » Wed May 23, 2012 11:50 pm

(i'll post too)

Kaleah stretched her arms over her head, feeling like she was back in school or something what with all of the near childish excitement over "adventure". Well, she never really went to a normal school, but her de facto guardian would kidnap the local schoolteacher on the weekends to educate her about whatever.

Seeing the elf girl check out the draconian dude she wondered again what type of weirdness was part of the woman's personality. First the hard on (for the onlooking guys, I mean) inducing encounter with her outside the bar, and now just looking at the way she carried herself. It made the sometimes lacking in femininity Kaleah blush a bit to look at. Serious.

"Y'know, I could really do this myself if I needed to. So I'm hoping you and the rest aren't totally useless." she boasted to Ramul when she stepped outside, having to adjust how she carried her glaive so she could fit it through the narrow door.

Seeing how the elf girl looked at him, she let her eyes wander over him as well and then back to the elf girl herself. She harrumphed inside her head.

I bet he thinks she looks better. But I'm wearing all this damn armor. she thought, looking down at her intimidating (but pretty masculine) gear. It did accentuate her waist, hips and rear well but other than that it was pretty unaccommodating.

"I need to take all this off." she commented. Although probably not matter people would hear it.

But I guess she does look kind of good...damn, that ass. she admitted inside her head looking back at the elf girl.
napsii

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Thu May 24, 2012 2:01 am

Chuckling lightly at Kaleah's boasting, Ramul replies: "No offense, but...if you ask me, I think the king would've sent just for you, if he thought you could do it on your own. Also, given that he's...well, the king, I think we should respect his judgment. It never hurts to have a bit of company for the road, anyhow." Then he hears her comment about removing her armor. He can understand how she'd think that, given the long road ahead of them, but decides not to comment on it, just so he doesn't wind up sounding inadvertently pervy about it.

Once that's done, Ramul glances up at the skies from time to time. It's something of a habitual double-check he does, as the black Draconian from his past seems quite the sneaky type, and he doesn't want to be caught off-guard.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby thealchemist » Fri May 25, 2012 5:17 am

Eona notices Ramul watching the skies. "If you don't mind me asking whst are you looking for?"
thealchemist

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay