Monster Hunter roleplay -IC

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Monster Hunter roleplay -IC

Postby rooiehaan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:24 am

Humanity as a whole has always been more bark than bite. This saying was one day rudely proven, when monsters from all sorts suddenly appeared from the depths of the earth. First, there were the giant lizards, like dinosaurs these giants made the earth tremble with their approach. Then came the devils, the malicious monsters from the depths of hell, instilling fear in all. Then came the swarm, thousands upon thousands of monsters in all sorts of sizes and shapes, crawling, flying, marching behind the demons.
Humanity tried to bite, but nearly perished when the armies were crushed in an instant by the lizards. Then the demons came, and killed half the populace. Then came the swarm, and had their way with the other half.
Now, several decades after that fateful day, the remnants of humanity have changed to suit the situation. The technology is that of medieval times, and the weapons used are no longer that of gunpowder. Monster hunters are the ones that protect and serve, and monster hunter clubhouses are spread across the land, which follow the rules of the monster hunter guild.
In these clubhouses, monster hunters are trained, equipped and sent out on the various dangerous missions that allows humanity to rebuilt. For in a world dominated by these monsters, the people have founded themselves an economy based on them, using the hides and other parts of the monsters as building material.
This story is about one of those clubhouses, the hunters enlisted there, and the troubles it awaits.

The grandmaster was not a striking figure, nor was het all and muscled. Rather, he was a short little guy with a long white beard and anger management problems. But since he single-handedly had killed a whole nest of S-type monsters, and their mother which was an SS-type, he was appointed grandmaster and everyone just sort of HAD to respect the old coot. And so, everyone accepted the fact that the old man wanted to officially welcome all newcomers, but none other than the newcomers themselves were really inclined to sit and listen.
And so they were alone, the grandmaster and he newcomers, sitting in the mead hall, the first and largest room of the house. Normally really busy, now deserted save them.
The newcomers were sitting on the tables, looking at the old man that stood halfway the staircase, giving his introduction speech. It was rather tiresome, for he had the tendency to wave his arms about, to appear a bit taller. But, because the newcomers respected the old man, they sat there, and listened.
“So you youngsters want to become hunters eh? So you kids think you have what it takes to bring down a lizard or two? No, by the look in your eyes I would say that you are here to waste our time training you morons, then ask for some fancy gear, and get killed! Oh, yes, I’ve seen it plenty of times by now. They come, they get killed, and who gets the bill? Me! Well, I got my eye on you… ‘’ The old man said, pointing at the newcomers with his eyes narrowed.
Then suddenly a striking woman entered from the kitchen. She was wearing a formal, though short, red skirt, high red heels and a red blouse. Her long, wavy red hair was thrown casually back, and the glasses on her nose accentuated her face, rather than ruin it. She nodded simply at the newcomers, then looked up at the old guy, and crosses her arms.
The grandmaster coughed, and continued with his introduction. ‘’So like I was saying, this is the mead hall. This is where you hunters can come and drink mead, eat fine meals, and brag about your travels! This is also where you will find most of the hunters during the day, and where you will sleep during the night. Now, if you look here –he pointed at a cork board, where missions and information about monsters were stapled-, this is where you can find any missions. We have a certain ranking system, as you all know, starting at E, and going all the way up to A, with the addition of S and double S, indicating how tough a monster is. Now, since you are all rookies, I expect you to begin with the E type missions. And that, my dear kids, was all I had to say. So shoo! Disappear! Geh weg!’’
And with that, he grumbled his way towards the top of the stairs, notoriously known as ‘’The old coot’s lair’’.

When he was gone, the woman in red walked to the base of the stairs, and turned to face them. ‘’Good day’’ she said in a business-like voice ‘’My name is Susan. I happen to be the daughter of the man you saw just now, and I just so happen to run the mead hall, as well as all the missions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Now, where we are right now is called the mead hall. As the grandmaster said, this is where you will spent most of your time. Behind me are the toilets, on the opposite end of the room is the kitchen, and up this stairs is the Grandmaster’s room. I think that is about it… Any questions?’’ She waited for just about half a second, before moving on.
“Then, you might want some gear, yes? I have ordered both some chainmail and some simple platemail at the smithy, so you can all take your pick. Furthermore, I was unsure what kind of weapons you wanted, so I have just displayed most of what the guild has in stock for you, on the tables behind you. Alright, I think I have told just about everything… Swell. If you need me, I will be in the kitchen, or walking around somewhere; just find me.’’
And with that, she was off to the kitchen, leaving the newbie’s pretty much to fend for themselves.
Last edited by rooiehaan on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breathe easy, the doctors are about to arrive
rooiehaan

Re: Monster Hunter roleplay -IC

Postby Goryokaku » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:34 am

Mizuki woke up with a start, she hadn't planned on sleeping it just happened when the old coot had started talking it was like a powerful lullaby washed over her and drove her to sleep. Though she woke up a the sound of Armor and weapsons, she wouldn't be wearing the plate mail, that would only get in her way, as she stood up and made her way to the smithy to grab some chain mail, she needed the flexibility to move, after all she was a gunner, and gunners couldn't afford to stand in one place and fight it was practically suicide.

Having picked up some chainmail, she strolled over towards the display of weapons and looked for a decent ranged weapon.

(could you give me a list of range weapons:p)
The sex offenders register... I don't even think they should be at school...
Goryokaku

Postby TechScience » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 am

Luis sitting there and heard all that the old coot had to say exactly when he left the room he took some chain mail and went to see if there was a melee spear/lance
TechScience

Postby That_One_Guy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Garian listened to the old man, he wasn't wearing his armor and was in his formal black clothes, he soon stood up and walked into the kitchen, smiling at Susan, "So, I got a few questions for you." He said, walking closer, "1)What would you suggest for a beginning mission? And 2)Would you like to fuck here in the kitchen?" He chuckled, putting on the best charms he had.
That_One_Guy

Postby Hurati » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Hurati had his head in his hands while the grandmaster had been talking. When susan had entered he hadn't bothered turning around he just looked at the reflection on the shield that had been put up on the wall in front of him. He mentally shrugged and sighed, before standing and wandering over to the equipment table. He wore a tunic, pants, and a pair of leather boots, which had a a grey cape draped over it all. He eyed the 'armory' and wondered if any of these items were free. He tried not to laugh when he heard the man in black hitting on the woman in red and looked at a chest piece of plate mail, attempting to see what would happen.
We need bigger kittens.
- Lucky the Vampire Dragon
Hurati

Postby TechScience » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Luis seeing a man talking to the grand master thought to him self "If the grand master discovers this guy is going to be kicked out on the first day" Holding the chain mail in his hand he equipped it then he put on his green shirt on top of it he then also equipped his brown hood that was attached to a brown cape doing this he see's a spear on a table and takes it along with a gladius and the best shield he could find
Last edited by TechScience on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TechScience

Postby rooiehaan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Susan turned around, slowly, and looked at Garian with eyes that made it clear she was about to bludgeon him to death with the headless bodies of some stray cats. her voice sounded like it was coming from a crypt, and the air suddenly felt colder. ''I will just pretend i didn't hear that last question you asked, and for the first... As the grandmaster said, start with the E missions. If you would just kindly write your names down on the request form stapled on the board, we will know that the mission is accepted.'' She turned around furiously, and continued walking.

Meanwhile, a big cat came from the toilets, scratching its belly. He was walking on two legs, but that wasn't the only odd thing about him. "Whatup, ya'll!" he greeted them, waving with a paw. "I'm Recchy, and i'll be yer guide, yer friend and your funeral service! Nice ta meet ya! It's a shame there's so many of ya, but since my mate pocchy is sick, i'll have ta tutor all of ya. Oh well, i guess there's no helping it'' he ended shrugging. He walked over to the group, and narrowed his eyes. "Well, what are ya waiting for? Grab some armor, get yourself a weapon, and follow me! We're gonna take down some slimes, hell yeah!''
rooiehaan

Postby That_One_Guy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Garian never felt so rejected in his life and then smiled, "You'll come back to me when I'm a S rank." He told her and went back into the main hall, grabbing the biggest, meanest plate armor there was and grabbed an even nastier large blade. "I will wear this, and use this" He wielded the blade single handedly, but it can be seen that he will need both hands to slice and dice. He then heard someone talking and gasped, "A talking cat? The fuck am I on?" He said to himself, if this was indeed real, he didn't want to offend the great talking kitty, and puts on his armor and helmet, his entire body covered, he picked up the blade and placed it over his shoulder before following the pussy.
That_One_Guy

Postby TechScience » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Luis slowly approaches there new tutor in silence he then stands there and when he was ready to go he followed having his gladius on his belt and the spear on his back.
TechScience

Postby Hurati » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Hurati grinned widely when he heard the cat speak, he had come across a few talking animals on his travels and the others reaction to the cat was nothing short of hilarious. He coughed twice to hide a snicker and looked at the table trying to decide what to take. He finally decided on taking a pair of leather gloves, leather gauntlets, and a long, dark, wooden staff with a blunt iron spike on the bottom end. He looked for a new musical instrument and his eyes fell upon a nice ivory flute. Grunting, Hurati thought, 'Not my first or even my last choice but that's all there is....' He then slid the flute into a belt pouch, slid on the gauntlets and gloves, and gripped the staff. He decided to take one more look at the table before leaving.
We need bigger kittens.
Hurati

Postby TheDaughterOfHades14 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:38 pm

(Sorry, I'm a last minute entry, here's my character sheet:
name:Claire
appearance: same as my profile picture thingy but with black hair and dark red eyes
height: 4'9 (yes I'm very short)
personality: wild, unpredictible
dreams/future plans: Just to explore

Class: Lancer
Traits:Trained
Flaw: Rage mode

attributes:
S: 6
P: 4
E: 8
C: 6
I: 4
A: 3
L: 4 (+2)
)

Claire got up from the table and picked up a halberd from the pile of weapons "Um, there's no armor to fit me" Claire was small, 4'9 and barely 100 pounds. She was considered the runt of her family.
Seriously gonna stop being Rape-Bait

Y U NO HAZ SEX WIT ME ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
The Daughter Of Hades has reached 666 posts...

Till we meet again in the after life...
TheDaughterOfHades14

Postby Lady Foxy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Mia walked out of the shadows with her ranger armour already on. She took some light gauntlets, some more iron arrows and some iron shoulder pads. With this done she took a light chainmail and fitted them on. Mia grabbed her bow and followed the mysterious cat.
Atton Rand: "Feels like my last time on Telos."
Bao-Dur: "Crashed a shuttle that time, too?"
Atton Rand: "No, pazaak.''
Lady Foxy

Postby Z-Fied » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Camille sat in silence for the whole of the Grandmasters speech, and after seeing the crazy cat , got up and looked for some armor. She found a pair of leather gloves, chainmail leggings and hauberk, and a quiver. She decided that she wouldn't be needing much more than that, since she wanted to remain as stealthy as possible. She picked up a bow, several iron arrows, which she put in her quiver, and then followed the strange talking cat.
Composer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Singer, Programmer, Gamer, and Zombie Expert!

My Project: Resident Evil: Progeny - Blog

"Our limits are only created by our mind, our dreams, our desires."
Z-Fied

Postby Hurati » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Hurati spotted a horn that had been hidden until one of the women grabbed their equipment and picked it up. Examining it, he noticed that he could use it to play music or as a horn to call for help. He dropped the horn into his bag and stepped away from the table, then walked over to recchy (the cat) and kneeled down. "Where are you from and who brought you here? I may have met a friend of yours before."
We need bigger kittens.
Hurati

Postby Goryokaku » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Mizuki picks up a bow, and a quiver of arrows she liked hunting and bows were the best for hunts and when the prey was dead she could always retrieve her arrows afterwards and re-use them. She then made her way towards the mission board and looked them over for something interesting.

(are you going to pm a misson list?)
Goryokaku

Postby rooiehaan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 pm

"Chill out, man, i ain't yo average house cat! And ya probably saw pocchy, cuz that rat basterd is always hunting for linxes in his free time. Lucky basterd. Anyway, lets go, i'm sick of waiting for those slowpokes! Yo, missy over there at the bountyboard, get your fine ass over here! Lets hunt some sexy slime's, ya'll!" And with that, Recchy started walking towards the door, which was never closed as a sign of hospitality. He turned left, towards the village, and jumped ontop of the fence on the shade side of the House. Inside the pen were a couple of slimes, minding their own business. They looked up at Recchy, but further ignored him; he was no man.
There were several slimes in there; three blue ones, two red ones and a light blue one.
Last edited by rooiehaan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rooiehaan

Postby Hurati » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Hurati stood and followed recchy out the door and into the village. He watched as the cat jumped on the side of a pen and waited. Hurati looked through the fence and saw a few slimes, then stepped back and waited for the others.
We need bigger kittens.
Hurati

Postby TechScience » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Luis followed there tutor when he got there he looked at the slimes knowing well the fate of those poor creature he took the spear off his back and waited for the cat to tell them to kill the slimes
TechScience

Postby That_One_Guy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Garian was right behind the cat and when he saw the slimes, he looked puzzled, "This looks too easy..." He said, but then again, he was just starting out, every hunter started out somewhere. He sighed, "So, how many must I kill?" He asked.
That_One_Guy

Postby Goryokaku » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Mizuki turned around at the yo missy, comment but she couldn't fathom the location of the voice it was only when she saw a group leaving the building, did she decide to follow where she learn't the cat was talking. She looked into the pen and saw the slimes, they weren't really that impressive but as a start they would be something to practice her aim on.

She looked up at the cat, "So Puss in boots... you want them dead?"
Goryokaku

Next

Return to Roleplay