The Northmarches (IC)

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: The Northmarches (IC)

Postby Mark3000 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:30 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

kermitphrogg114 Wrote:"Let me guess," Raagen speaks up, "you're headed to the western forest? It's the closest ruin I could think of. Rumor has it there's a considerable fey presence, which makes the journey to the ruins a risky proposition. I can see why said expedition would hire a mercenary squad..."

"That's right. Don't know exactly what they're looking for, but it should be obvious once we get there" Penelope said taking a swig from her mug. She figured the trip would be dangerous but the fey presence was a worry. the mercenary may have been well trained, But she's never really had to deal with magical foes before. "Fey presence huh? Thanks for the warning Raagen. I'll keep that in mind" She said pausing for a moment. "Most of our group are all brawn, myself included. It wouldn't hurt to have a learned type among our ranks. Though that would be up to the blonde bastard over there." Penelope said as she pointed her mug at Arden. "If you're interested in the expedition I can introduce you. Fair warning, they're an unruly bunch that think with their dicks 9 times out of 10"
Mark3000

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:04 am

Mark3000 Wrote:"That's right. Don't know exactly what they're looking for, but it should be obvious once we get there" Penelope said taking a swig from her mug. She figured the trip would be dangerous but the fey presence was a worry. the mercenary may have been well trained, But she's never really had to deal with magical foes before. "Fey presence huh? Thanks for the warning Raagen. I'll keep that in mind" She said pausing for a moment. "Most of our group are all brawn, myself included. It wouldn't hurt to have a learned type among our ranks. Though that would be up to the blonde bastard over there." Penelope said as she pointed her mug at Arden. "If you're interested in the expedition I can introduce you. Fair warning, they're an unruly bunch that think with their dicks 9 times out of 10"

"You're welcome," she replies, "though really, a bit of research into the local rumors - and reports by previous explorers and expeditions into the area - would have told you the same."

Raagen looks over at the Fangs' table, and saw them aggressively flirt with the waitresses.

"Charming," she comments in a dry tone. "So I have to talk to the leader of that troop of apes? What about the client themselves, or haven't they shown up yet?"

She pauses to think of something.

"Of course, this is all dependent on certain factors; I already have a prior engagement here. I'll see if I can't clear it up quickly within the next couple of days. When are you expected to leave for the ruins?"
kermitphrogg114

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:55 pm

Lula Bucker (LazyKitsune)

As you recline yourself into Sigmund's hand, he gives a slightly chuckle, allowing it to explore your body just a bit more. As he slides his arm around you just a little more, you get to enjoy the feeling of the thick, strong muscle against your back, his fingers toying with your thigh. Your legs find appreciative gazes from the other two brothers, both of whom finish up their duties and join you at the fire pit, with Stane placing the pot he had been cutting food into over a hook beaten into the ground by the flames. The predatory look in their eyes is unmistakably desire, and you imagine that you'll be sharing the warmth of more than just one man tonight if everything goes well.

"I think we'll manage well enough with coin," says Stane, gesturing towards Sverre with a nod of his head, "Plenty of friendlier things than silver to wager."

The quietest of the trio fiddles about with a bag at his hip, and produces from it a few sets of dice, each little cube carved from what looks to be ivory, each side depicting a different numerical rune. He rolls them around in his large palm for a moment, his eyes tracing your figure despite himself. "Got a game in mind?"

Eliza Asara (Lorielle)

Roll: Attack (Eliza), Str vs Str
Result: 18 (15+3) vs 5 (1+2+2), success
Damage: 6 (3+3)

Your halberd swings forth in frothing rage, and the tip of the axe-like blade grazes across the shoulder blade of one of the wolves, the beast yelping it does. While injured, it still seems to have a level of fight to it, and like they had before, the two beasts coordinate an attack against you, lunging in unison from different sides to throw you off.

Roll: Attack (Wolf 2), Str vs Str
Result: 20 (15+3+2-2) vs 17 (14+1+3), hit
Damage: 3 (1+2)

Roll: Attack (Wolf 3), Str vs Str
Result: 13 (11+1+2-2) vs 14 (9+2+3), miss

You're subjected to more pain as the wolf you wounded pays you back in kind, its teeth tearing at your legs where it can run its snout up beneath the skirt of mail there. You manage to beat it off you before it can rip away at your flesh too much, but blood trickles down your boot none the less. Your defensive maneuvering manages to keep the other one off you, but you're being picked apart like a deer by their combined efforts. A mercy comes to you as things begin to look bleak, however. With half their number fairly wounded, the aroused wolves seem to hedge their bets. Rather than stay and fight to the death over your holes, the beasts begin to back away from the site of your battle. Assuming you didn't pursue them, then they would scatter once they found themselves out of your striking range, the wounded limping their way into the tall grasses while the uninjured one covered for their escape.

Elvara Greyfang (Firehead)

The man's residence isn't much farther, one of the few little cottages that dot the countryside here and there. As expected, there's a wagon outside the cozy little building, and a nearby stable that must house his work animals. He leads you inside the humble abode, and gets to work on lighting a fire in the hearth while you settle down at what must be the kitchen table, based on its proximity to the cook fire. Once he's gotten a blaze going and sets something to cook, he heads back into an adjoining room for a short moment, then returns to join you at the table, placing two mugs carved from horn down.

With some better light to work with, you get a good look at him then. He's certainly a bit older than you, from what you know of human aging, but not past his prime yet. His dark, shaggy hair is pushed back out of his face, and the short beard black beard he wears across his jaw makes him look fairly handsome, in a rugged, salt-of-the-earth sort of way. His dark grey eyes drink you in with delight, something further put across by his propensity to smile.

"It's not much, but I always like a drink after a hard day. Brewed it up myself, from the apples I got last fall." He explains, pushing one of the mugs towards you. Even without picking it up, you can smell the sweet, fragrant scent of fruit wafting from it. Certainly something refreshing after such a long journey.
Ze Blitzkrieg

Postby Mashugana » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:14 pm

Crosses opened his mouth for a moment to interject, but decided to just shut up and go along with what the girl wanted for now. He found himself looking around with interest at all the shops, hawkers and stuff going on as they passed through the market, wondering if he could find some useful things to bring back when he met his people again. Making a mental note to return later, he'd focus on the girl again as she led him into a noisy, crowded place. He'd heard of taverns of course, his father, a half Lupo, had been from a small family that had run a place like this, albeit much tinier and more or less just a rest stop for travelers. Bandits had done that place in, leading to the chain of events that led to him meeting Crosses' mother, but that was another story.

Taking a moment to process how he'd answer, Crosses inwardly shrugged. This girl went to a good amount of trouble to get a customer in here, if that was the point, so he decided to try taking the initiative.

"If the water is clean I'll take it. If not, I'll have the mildest beer or ale, and I'd like you to sit with me if possible." He answered, carefully watching the girl's face to gauge a reaction. Any surprise, discontent, disappointment or anything out of the ordinary, and she might notice him tracing a finger over her wrist, trying to find the vein and maybe check her pulse. That last one was a long shot, admittedly.
Look, all I'm saying is that Batboy is our lord and savior.
Mashugana

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:50 pm

Lula Bucker

Ze Blitzkrieg Wrote:As you recline yourself into Sigmund's hand, he gives a slightly chuckle, allowing it to explore your body just a bit more. As he slides his arm around you just a little more, you get to enjoy the feeling of the thick, strong muscle against your back, his fingers toying with your thigh. Your legs find appreciative gazes from the other two brothers, both of whom finish up their duties and join you at the fire pit, with Stane placing the pot he had been cutting food into over a hook beaten into the ground by the flames. The predatory look in their eyes is unmistakably desire, and you imagine that you'll be sharing the warmth of more than just one man tonight if everything goes well.

"I think we'll manage well enough with coin," says Stane, gesturing towards Sverre with a nod of his head, "Plenty of friendlier things than silver to wager."

The quietest of the trio fiddles about with a bag at his hip, and produces from it a few sets of dice, each little cube carved from what looks to be ivory, each side depicting a different numerical rune. He rolls them around in his large palm for a moment, his eyes tracing your figure despite himself. "Got a game in mind?"

The pirate sighs as she feels the strong arm of Sigmund make its way around her back, thick and firm enough to rest herself against comfortably. The other brothers certainly seemed to enjoy the visual feast she offered up and soon began to join their conversation. She wondered if they'd be interested in sharing her tonight, or hungrily fight over her. With the way things were going it seemed more the former, and she had no intention of veering off from that course.

Lula holds out her palm, listening to the clink of the dice as Sverre rolls them around. "Mind if I take a look at one of those. Just to be sure there's no hornswoggling going on here."

Card games were Lula's fortes. Much easier to cheat in as well with her particular skills. Though she was still familiar enough with dice games. "I know a few. Depends on how many dice we've got to play with. I'm partial to Liar's Dice or Ship, Captain and Crew, but I think we can start with something a bit... quicker. I get the sense you boys like getting stuck into a bit of action..."

A cheeky smile spreads across Lula's face as she sits upright, crossing her legs as she does so. "Alright you sea dogs, how about this? I'll roll two of those dice and keep the numbers all secret. You all bet on the result." she takes off her hat as she talks, placing it between her legs like a bowl. "You can each bet on the result being even, odd, over seven or under seven. You can even risk betting seven exactly and get triple your bounty. Savvy?".

She pauses to listen to their response before tapping her hat as she continues. "This'll be our coffer. Put in as many silvers you want to bet. If you win, you'll..." she feigns running out of ideas, tapping her lips as she looks up and hums in thought. "It would be real silly to just move your coin off to the winners... Oh, you know what, I'm sure there's some way I could make things up to you. So if you lose, I keep the silver, but if you win, I'm sure we can find something I can do for you. Say, a minute a silver you bet, and keep in mind you get your coin back if you win. Three minutes if you bet on seven. If more than one of you wins a round, I'll give my reward to whoever bet the most coin first, then go on from there."

She was quite pleased with herself with that last rule. A little extra incentive to get them to bet big just so that they didn't wait around for their turn if they won. Of course, any winners could also agree to share, but that was another outcome Lula quite liked the sound of.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Mark3000 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:01 pm

kermitphrogg114 Wrote:"You're welcome," she replies, "though really, a bit of research into the local rumors - and reports by previous explorers and expeditions into the area - would have told you the same."

Raagen looks over at the Fangs' table, and saw them aggressively flirt with the waitresses.

"Charming," she comments in a dry tone. "So I have to talk to the leader of that troop of apes? What about the client themselves, or haven't they shown up yet?"

She pauses to think of something.

"Of course, this is all dependent on certain factors; I already have a prior engagement here. I'll see if I can't clear it up quickly within the next couple of days. When are you expected to leave for the ruins?"

"They haven't made themselves known to the rank and file, just the heads of the company" Penelope said with a sigh. "Supposedly, they're a big shot scholar for an eccentric baron. We should be meeting with him tomorrow and leave soon after that. After that we'll do a few reconnaissance trips into the forest and around the ruins, while getting our supplies ready for to head in the heart of the structure. Or at least that's how I would run the mission" Penelope said, her eyes staring at her mug with a more serious gaze. "If you have other engagements, that's fine. Might be for the best. Though I wouldn't mind having a travel companion who wasn't trying to feel me up." She said with a quiet chuckle.
Mark3000

Postby Firehead » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:29 am

Ze Blitzkrieg Wrote:Elvara Greyfang (Firehead)

The man's residence isn't much farther, one of the few little cottages that dot the countryside here and there. As expected, there's a wagon outside the cozy little building, and a nearby stable that must house his work animals. He leads you inside the humble abode, and gets to work on lighting a fire in the hearth while you settle down at what must be the kitchen table, based on its proximity to the cook fire. Once he's gotten a blaze going and sets something to cook, he heads back into an adjoining room for a short moment, then returns to join you at the table, placing two mugs carved from horn down.

With some better light to work with, you get a good look at him then. He's certainly a bit older than you, from what you know of human aging, but not past his prime yet. His dark, shaggy hair is pushed back out of his face, and the short beard black beard he wears across his jaw makes him look fairly handsome, in a rugged, salt-of-the-earth sort of way. His dark grey eyes drink you in with delight, something further put across by his propensity to smile.

"It's not much, but I always like a drink after a hard day. Brewed it up myself, from the apples I got last fall." He explains, pushing one of the mugs towards you. Even without picking it up, you can smell the sweet, fragrant scent of fruit wafting from it. Certainly something refreshing after such a long journey.

Elvara sighed as she took a seat glad to not be sitting on the hard ground after several days of travel. Seeing the pair of mugs, she can't help but lick her lips just from the sweet scent before she'd even picked it up. She pulled it close taking another closer whiff of the scent. "This smells delicious. You said you made this yourself from your own apples." After days of salted meats and water, such a delicious-smelling drink put her in a very good mood, and she couldn't wait for the meal if it was even half as good as this drink.

Remembering her manners, she stopped herself from drinking it immediately. "Will you need any help with the food, or is there anything else I can do before we eat? I'd hate to just sit here while you do all of the work." She wouldn't push very hard if he insisted not wanting to insult him, but she felt she had to at least offer to pull her own weight if he needed something like cutting firewood. With the matter of being a good guest being settled, she went ahead and pulled the mug to her lips letting the liquid touch upon her lips before she opened her mouth to gulp it. The first gulp was so delicious, that she almost immediately chugged the rest of her mugful. "Oh, that really is nice after a long day on foot."
Firehead

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:28 am

Mark3000 Wrote:"They haven't made themselves known to the rank and file, just the heads of the company" Penelope said with a sigh. "Supposedly, they're a big shot scholar for an eccentric baron. We should be meeting with him tomorrow and leave soon after that. After that we'll do a few reconnaissance trips into the forest and around the ruins, while getting our supplies ready for to head in the heart of the structure. Or at least that's how I would run the mission" Penelope said, her eyes staring at her mug with a more serious gaze. "If you have other engagements, that's fine. Might be for the best. Though I wouldn't mind having a travel companion who wasn't trying to feel me up." She said with a quiet chuckle.

Raagen looks at Penelope with concern.

"Let me guess, bad coworkers?" she asks sympathetically. "If that's the case, why do you stay with them? Why not find another mercenary group?"

She sighs as she thinks of what Penelope said.

"Of course, this still means I have to talk to your commander about joining." She then gives a smirk. "Or I could sneak around behind your group and hope you set off all the traps. You wouldn't snitch on me if I did that, would you?"
kermitphrogg114

Postby Mark3000 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:57 am

"It's complicated" She said as Raagen asked why she stayed with the Wayward Fangs. "It's mainly a matter of pride. I don't want to give the other members the satisfaction of me running away. I want them to acknowledge my strength. On top of that ..." Penelope paused. "I do admire the strength of some the company members, especially my father. I want to show him how strong I can be" She added, smiling when she mentioned her father.

When Raagen suggests she might just follow behind their group, Penelope lets out a hearty laugh. "Not at all. As long as you help me out if I get caught in in one of these traps."
Mark3000

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:31 pm

Raagen listens to Penelope sympathetically.

"And here I thought I'd hear the favorite words of every Baatezu, boss, and moneylender; 'contractually obligated'," she replies, but is smiling at Penelope's reply nonetheless. "I mean, trying to hang in there on account of one's pride may be stupid, but rubbing people's noses in it is definitely something I can get behind.

"And don't worry; I think I like you enough to help you if you run into a trap.

"Now, if you don't mind, my grouse and soup are getting cold, and I haven't had a good hot meal in a week, so I'm not going to say anything else until I get something in the yawning, howling abyss that is my stomach."

With that, Raagen digs into her meal with an odd combination of table manners and hungry zeal, demolishing each dish with quiet efficiency. It is only when she's done eating that she leans back and gives a satisfied sigh.

"Ah yes, I needed that," she says contentedly.
kermitphrogg114

Postby Lorielle » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Ze Blitzkrieg Wrote:Eliza Asara (Lorielle)

Roll: Attack (Eliza), Str vs Str
Result: 18 (15+3) vs 5 (1+2+2), success
Damage: 6 (3+3)

Your halberd swings forth in frothing rage, and the tip of the axe-like blade grazes across the shoulder blade of one of the wolves, the beast yelping it does. While injured, it still seems to have a level of fight to it, and like they had before, the two beasts coordinate an attack against you, lunging in unison from different sides to throw you off.

Roll: Attack (Wolf 2), Str vs Str
Result: 20 (15+3+2-2) vs 17 (14+1+3), hit
Damage: 3 (1+2)

Roll: Attack (Wolf 3), Str vs Str
Result: 13 (11+1+2-2) vs 14 (9+2+3), miss

You're subjected to more pain as the wolf you wounded pays you back in kind, its teeth tearing at your legs where it can run its snout up beneath the skirt of mail there. You manage to beat it off you before it can rip away at your flesh too much, but blood trickles down your boot none the less. Your defensive maneuvering manages to keep the other one off you, but you're being picked apart like a deer by their combined efforts. A mercy comes to you as things begin to look bleak, however. With half their number fairly wounded, the aroused wolves seem to hedge their bets. Rather than stay and fight to the death over your holes, the beasts begin to back away from the site of your battle. Assuming you didn't pursue them, then they would scatter once they found themselves out of your striking range, the wounded limping their way into the tall grasses while the uninjured one covered for their escape.

Eliza roars out of frustration and pain as the wolf once again manages to sink its teeth into her. Her head beginning to throb from her nerves firing off on all cylinders. Throwing the thing off of her as she takes a half-hearted swipe to ensure it keeps its distance after she managed to sink the bladed head of her polearm into it. The taste of iron was especially strong in her mouth though but she was ready to fight until her body gave out, that was until she noticed the wolves were seemingly giving up on their little attack, slinking off into the woods.

The Aasimar made no move to pursue them into the woods, mostly because her wounds, but it was more prudent to check on the goblin and patch up her wounds. She walked up to the wagon to rip off portions of its cotton covering so that she can bandage her wounds without the need of her magic, it wouldnt do to expend her magical reserves once the danger had passed. Once she managed to staunch the bleeding she went to find the goblin woman and check on her condition, maybe even ask what she had done to let herself get ambushed by 3 wolves.
Lorielle

Postby Mark3000 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:06 pm

"I'll leave you to your meal then" Penelope said as she took her loaf of oatbread and mug of mead and gave Raagen a polite. "I'd better make sure those boys don't get us kicked out on our first night. It was a pleasure meeting you Raagen" She said before meeting up with the other Wayward Fangs.

Once she reached their table, she talked to the waitress first who had to bare the blunt of their sexual harassments. "Sorry for the trouble miss. Here, take this as a thank you for the drinks" Penelope said as she handed the waitress a Mark before sitting with the boys.

"Can't you keep it in your pants for a second" She said as she sat down and took a bite from her oatbread. She then turned her attention to Arden. "So when are we going to met up with our client?"
Mark3000

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:25 am

Crosses the River (Mashugana)

The half-elf seems more befuddled than anything else, especially when you begin to trace your fingers across her wrist. She seems to ponder saying something in response, but simply shakes her head to herself before leading you through the cacophony towards one of the tables further in the back of the main room, further from the hearth and therefore further from the worst of the merriment. Once she gets you settled into a seat, the blonde tells you to give her a little while to check in with the owner, then disappears towards the bar. The wait for her return is at least a little bit nerve wracking, especially as the minutes tick by more and more. You almost feel as though she's decided to cut her losses after what feels like an eternity in the unfamiliar surroundings, but you catch sight of her messy golden ponytail through the crowd. She returns with a tray in her hand, several mugs balanced atop it with expert grace.

She sets them down before you, and then pulls up a seat to the small, well worn wooden table you've found yourself for the last while. As she settles down, she pushes one of the mugs towards you, encouraging you to drink.

"We don't exactly do uh, 'weak' here," she offers, and true to her word, the foamy brown liquid smells strongly of fermentation. "You should be fine though. You're a big tough guy, aren't you? Plus we've got plenty of beds if you have a little too much."

Sverre hands over one of the die. It's certainly a little heavier than most dice you're used to, although that could simply be because it's made of ivory rather than the typical bone, or its relatively larger size comparative to those in the gambling halls back home. Still, it doesn't feel like the weight is unevenly distributed as you roll it about in your palm. The brothers react in different ways to your challenge; Sverre seems relatively interested in the idea, although since he was the dice carrier, it might be that he's simply the most adept gambler of the bunch. Stane rolls his eyes at the challenge, though he doesn't seem wholly adverse, if only because of the prospect of getting between your legs. Sigmund is harder to read, not least of which because he's sat beside you rather than across from your, but the way his fingers slowly work their way past the hem of your skirt to stroke your hip with their soft pads implies he's interested.

"Make it coppers and you have a deal," Stane says, reaching into one of their packs and retrieving a coin purse. It jingles heavily as he places it down on the ground between his feet. "A silver a minute isn't gonna cut it for me. I need more than a few minutes for what I want."

The cider proves itself to be rather strong, both in its taste and in the burn its alcoholic nature leaves in your throat. It's quite a bit more potent than the ales you're used to, but the sweetness makes it much easier to gulp down. Certainly the kind of drink that could get you roaring drunk, if you were so inclined.

"Oh, don't worry about it. It's not often I get guests from afar. Just sit back and enjoy," The farmer says as he nurses some of his own cider, although far slower than you do. Seeing you quaff your drink so quickly, he laughs, and makes to get more. This time, he returns with what looks like a pitcher full of the stuff, and pours you another drink. "Must have been a long journey if you're so thirsty. Though I don't remember many Lupo living around these parts, so you must've come a long way, eh?"

Eliza Asara (Lorielle)

With the wolves having retreated, you tend to your wounds after approaching the wagon. As you do, a little green head pops up from the safety of the roof, the disheveled shock of black hair atop it drooping as she hangs over the side to get a look at you with big, worried yellow eyes.

"Did you get them all? Like, for sure? There's not one hiding under the wagon? I'm pretty sure I read they like to hide under wagon- Hey! What the heck are you doing to my wagon?!" She exclaims hurriedly, her eyes widening even further, "You better knock that off! And check for the wolves! I am way too cute to get eaten by wolves in some godsforsaken tundra!"

Penelope Delights (Mark3000)

The waitress accepts the silver coin without a second thought, and quickly disengages herself from the group when it becomes clear you wish for her to leave. Arden rolls his eyes as she makes her retreat, lounging back in his seat as he swirls his drink about the mug its served in.

"Not without your mother here to relieve us, we can't," The crass mercenary is quick to retort, "So unless you intend to take up the family business of swallowing my seed, the girls of this city will just have to do it in her stead."

He sips at his drink and eyes the other patrons of the inn for a few moments before deigning to answer your request. "We're to wait here in fighting shape until the client is prepared to set out. When that is? I don't know. I don't especially care either. The longer we stay here, the bigger their bill gets. Just don't go off getting so piss drunk you aren't worth a damn in the morning. That goes for all of you."
Last edited by Ze Blitzkrieg on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ze Blitzkrieg

Postby Mashugana » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:15 am

Crosses would make sure to sit down at the edge of the table, in case he needed to escape. His natural nervousness coupled with the unfamiliar setting and the forwardness of the girl had him somewhat on edge, and he watched the crowd after he could no longer see her while waiting. He contemplated slipping out while she was gone, but well, since he'd left his tribe to check the city, he hadn't really been able to talk to anyone, at least not anyone who wasn't traveling, on their guard, or both. Perhaps he'd been overly cautious with her. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, the tribal simply waited and watched, not unlike when he'd be hunting game with his kinfolk, keeping still and observant, idly checking to see if there were any escape routes, like back doors or a window or some such just in case.

Once she returned, he actually gave her a polite smile, careful to not show his teeth. He may only be a quarter Lupo, but his canines did sometimes bother people who weren't expecting it. "Thank you, I am sorry about all this. It has been a while since I had a conversation with someone and I may have been too wary with you." He said, offering an apology and explanation. "My name is Crosses the River, most call me Crosses or River or similar. What's your name?" He asked, taking the drink she was offering and giving it an experimental sniff. He also checked the mug to see what it was made of, tapping and rubbing it with a finger before taking a sip. He'd drank before, but it was kind of crude stuff made from fermented berries or from fermenting horse or auroch milk, not something made from hops or barley. He found that he kind of liked this.

"Was that part of your job? Bringing customers in?" He asked, looking at her with interest. He wasn't familiar with how people in cities lived, so he wanted to take this chance to learn some things.
Look, all I'm saying is that Batboy is our lord and savior.
Mashugana

Postby Lorielle » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:00 am

Ze Blitzkrieg Wrote:Eliza Asara (Lorielle)

With the wolves having retreated, you tend to your wounds after approaching the wagon. As you do, a little green head pops up from the safety of the roof, the disheveled shock of black hair atop it drooping as she hangs over the side to get a look at you with big, worried yellow eyes.

"Did you get them all? Like, for sure? There's not one hiding under the wagon? I'm pretty sure I read they like to hide under wagon- Hey! What the heck are you doing to my wagon?!" She exclaims hurriedly, her eyes widening even further, "You better knock that off! And check for the wolves! I am way too cute to get eaten by wolves in some godsforsaken tundra!"

"I can assure you, if there was a fourth wolf it would have joined its brothers in trying to..." Eliza grits her teeth. "subdue us. But dont worry I've driven them off for now, but if you wish to proceed you may need to abandon your wagon, I wont be chasing down your horses." The paladin-in-training walks around the wagon just to give the perimeter a once over to ensure the wolves were lurking about before taking the time to clean off her halberd.

"Travelling frontier roads by yourself with a wagon was asking for trouble though, you were lucky that i happened to be in the area, not to mention capable of fighting." She also thought to herself that she was lucky that the wolves werent looking to eat them either, but maybe that would have ultimately been a worse fate. "If that is all i'll be on my way."
Lorielle

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:14 am

Raagen waves back to Penelope as the latter goes back to her table while the avariel is enjoying her meal. Once she's done with her food, Raagen takes her cup of mead, sipping it slowly, savoring the taste as she surveys the tavern's common room. Among the usual patrons, there seems to be a newcomer; a young man in a corner table staring owlishly at the hustle and bustle around him, when a young girl comes back with drinks and a confident attitude. Raagen chuckles inwardly, pegging the newcomer as a hick from a distant sleepy farming village, and this being his first time in a decently-sized town.

"Oh that poor rube," she muses as she drinks a bit more, "this place is going to eat him alive."

When the bartender comes back, Raagen turns back to her.

"My compliments on the food, it was just what I needed to hit the spot," she begins. "Though now I am in need of information. I'm looking for a family friend; a Dwarven ranger, goes by the name of Duravor Thornfield. I understand he's been through Eastwyn recently. Where could I inquire more about his whereabouts?"
kermitphrogg114

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Lula Bucker

Ze Blitzkrieg Wrote:Sverre hands over one of the die. It's certainly a little heavier than most dice you're used to, although that could simply be because it's made of ivory rather than the typical bone, or its relatively larger size comparative to those in the gambling halls back home. Still, it doesn't feel like the weight is unevenly distributed as you roll it about in your palm. The brothers react in different ways to your challenge; Sverre seems relatively interested in the idea, although since he was the dice carrier, it might be that he's simply the most adept gambler of the bunch. Stane rolls his eyes at the challenge, though he doesn't seem wholly adverse, if only because of the prospect of getting between your legs. Sigmund is harder to read, not least of which because he's sat beside you rather than across from your, but the way his fingers slowly work their way past the hem of your skirt to stroke your hip with their soft pads implies he's interested.

"Make it coppers and you have a deal," Stane says, reaching into one of their packs and retrieving a coin purse. It jingles heavily as he places it down on the ground between his feet. "A silver a minute isn't gonna cut it for me. I need more than a few minutes for what I want."

Lula leaned back into Sigmund a little more as his fingers slid past the hem of her skirt. She bit her lower lip lightly, parting her legs over so slightly in response to his touch. Both Sverre and Sigmund seemed to be more or less onboard, but nothing was ever so easy. The other brother, Stane, perhaps more money conscious than the others (or just downright miserly as Lula thought), found reason to complain and Lula had to hold back a scowl.

"Only coppers a minute? Blimey, Stane, you must think me worse than a scurvy ridden back alley bitch." she smiled sweetly, one of her fingers curling around the bindings of her cuirass and starting to idly loosen them. "Trust me, matey... I'm worth a fortune more than what I'm asking for, and you've got more or less even odds at keeping your coin and reaping the reward anyway. But if your not interested, that's fine." Lula looks up the other the two men with clear intent, her smile widening. "I've got two other strapping lads to keep me company anyway, and I expect them to use their reward to try and convince me to give into them entirely. I also expect them to succeed. But if you're preference is to just sit and watch, I ain't going to stop you. Tell you what, to sweeten the pot, its two minutes per silver. But you lot are just robbing me blind at this point."
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:03 pm

Ze Blitzkrieg Wrote:Elvara Greyfang (Firehead)

The cider proves itself to be rather strong, both in its taste and in the burn its alcoholic nature leaves in your throat. It's quite a bit more potent than the ales you're used to, but the sweetness makes it much easier to gulp down. Certainly the kind of drink that could get you roaring drunk, if you were so inclined.

"Oh, don't worry about it. It's not often I get guests from afar. Just sit back and enjoy," The farmer says as he nurses some of his own cider, although far slower than you do. Seeing you quaff your drink so quickly, he laughs, and makes to get more. This time, he returns with what looks like a pitcher full of the stuff, and pours you another drink. "Must have been a long journey if you're so thirsty. Though I don't remember many Lupo living around these parts, so you must've come a long way, eh?"

Elvara gasps in satisfaction at the sweet taste. It was certainly strong stuff. She'd need to be careful not to drink too much, but another mug couldn't hurt. "Yeah, I'm a long way from home right now." She figured she might as well ask him about her brother. She'd been following his trail, so he must have passed through this general area. "Speaking of Lupo around here, have you seen a male Lupo around recently? He's about 6'2", similar coloration and markings to me but with a grey ring around his left eye."

Normally she'd offer him the lock of fur she was carrying, but she'd learned his kind couldn't really recognize each other by scent. The look of confusion she'd gotten with the first non-beastfolk she'd asked had been quite embarrassing.
Firehead

Postby Mark3000 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 am

Ze Blitzkrieg Wrote:Penelope Delights (Mark3000)
The waitress accepts the silver coin without a second thought, and quickly disengages herself from the group when it becomes clear you wish for her to leave. Arden rolls his eyes as she makes her retreat, lounging back in his seat as he swirls his drink about the mug its served in.

"Not without your mother here to relieve us, we can't," The crass mercenary is quick to retort, "So unless you intend to take up the family business of swallowing my seed, the girls of this city will just have to do it in her stead."

He sips at his drink and eyes the other patrons of the inn for a few moments before deigning to answer your request. "We're to wait here in fighting shape until the client is prepared to set out. When that is? I don't know. I don't especially care either. The longer we stay here, the bigger their bill gets. Just don't go off getting so piss drunk you aren't worth a damn in the morning. That goes for all of you."

"I'm nothing like my mother. In fact, I think I take more after my father" Penelope replied back as she leaned into her chair. She was annoyed, but she she couldn't let it show on her face. What bothered her the most was that she knew Arden was right, her mother had probably fucked every one of her current companions. Her voracious appetited for men was well known among the Wayward Fangs, and it made Penelope ill. Instead, when she was growing up and her mother was 'busy' she would seek the love of her father. Ibrahim James is a linchpins of the Wayward Fangs. Strong, diligent and resourceful, he was one of Penelope's inspirations for becoming a mercenary. Though if her mother was to be believed, he was a real scoundrel in his youth, only changing his ways after Penelope was born.

Listening to Arden answer her question regarding the client, Penelope nodded. "Understood" she said as she took another bite from her oatbread. It was good to know that Arden be serious when he wants to. While it was nice that they were being paid to wait, Penelope didn't want to stay idle for too long. "In that case ..." Penelope said finishing her mead and oatbread. "It wouldn't hurt to walk around town and get a lay of the land. Once we have our rooms, I'll see what else Esterwyn has to offer"
Mark3000

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:24 pm

Crosses the River (Mashugana)

"It's fine, sweetie. Most new arrivals aren't exactly friendly at first, but they tend to warm up to me pretty quickly," She responds in kind with a disarming smile as you apologize to her for your paranoia, "I'm Alissa. Most people just call me Ali, though."

It might have been a little rude to call out her intentions like that, but the half-elf takes your inquiries in stride. "Not really, no. This is the biggest inn in town, so we don't really hurt for business enough to have people scouring the streets for customers. You just seemed so tense, wandering around like a lost puppy. I figured I'd stop and help you relax. People seem to say I'm really, really good at that."

Shortly after hearing that, you can feel something poking at your leg under the table. It becomes clear thereafter that she's chosen to begin stroking your calf with her foot.

Eliza Asara (Lorielle)

"What do you mean abandon my wagon? Do you have any idea how much this cargo is worth? There's no way I'm abandoning this wagon!" The goblin woman exclaims as she watches you pace around the perimeter. At your claim that her choice of travel was irresponsible, she hmphs.

"Local wildlife is nothing compared to the chaos of the midlands. Besides, wolves aren't even supposed to attack wagons! There was no way to account for this," she watches you carefully as you slide your halberd away and prepare to head off. "Wh- What do you mean you'll be on your way? You can't just leave me out here! That's not very... knightly, of you! Besides, you'll never make it to town before nightfall, and you'll attract more wolves, bleeding like that."

You're not entirely convinced about that last part, but she seems confident in her assertion, if only because the alternative would involve her being left behind.

Raagen Morcaryn (kermitphrogg)

The cowgirl behind the bar thinks for a moment, rapping her fingers against the countertop. "Duravor, huh? I'm pretty sure we've had someone like that in here on occasion. Not recently, though. If you're looking for a dwarf, you might want to ask the mayor. Old Man Bruenor's been looking after this town since my before my granddad's time, and dwarves tend to stick together, you know?"

Roll: Persuasion (Lula), Cha vs Wis
Result: 12 (2+4+3+3) vs 21 (19+2), fail

Roll: Perception (Lula), Wis vs ???
Result: 5 (6-1) vs 11 (10+1), fail

Your goading only seems to irritate the wolfman opposite you the campfire, and sensing the tensions boiling, Sigmund interjects.

"Now, there's no reason to try turning brother against brother over a couple of marks. We'll all have our fun in due time, so let's not say anything to ruin the evening." The presumably eldest of the sibling insists. Perhaps to try and set an example, he reaches to his belt with the hand that isn't busying itself in stroking circles along your hip and fishes out what must be a few coins. There's a soft clink as he drops two silver coins into the hat between your legs. Sverre follows thereafter, fishing out three of of his own which he promptly drops into the hat to join with the others, handing you a second die in the process. Stane eventually does the same, although it's hard to tell whether his own contribution of three marks is a peace offering or spite. Either way, with a bounty of eight marks in the pot, you prepare to roll the die, although doing so regrettably causes Sigmund to leave your side for the sake of fairness, the clawed fingers that had been so carefully tracing their way along the edge of your mound going with him.

Roll: Dice Results
Result: 5, 4

As the dice fly, each brother declares their bet: Sigmund chooses evens while Sverre chooses over seven, as does Stane. It seems as though you earned two marks off this particular round, and owe six minutes each to the two victors.

The farmer gives a disappointing shake of his head when you ask as to Elias' whereabouts. "Afraid I can't say that I have. You're the only Lupo I've seen in quite a while, unfortunately."

It's of little consolation, but it doesn't take too much longer for the smell of food to begin wafting through the cottage, the laborer keeping you engaged with some light conversation in the interim. Your host goes off to check on the meal and, deciding it's more or less done, begins to serve up the offering in simple wooden bowls; it seems to be some kind of meat based stew, the hardy kind to keep the cold at bay. It pairs well with the cider on offer, which is continuously offered to you as you drink.

Roll: Intoxication (Elvara), Con vs ???
Result: 9 (8+1) vs 13 (13), fail

Perhaps because you'd had some on an empty stomach, the cider does seem to hit you fairly hard, but not so much that you're wholly inebriated. Instead you find yourself enjoying a nice buzz, your body even warmer than it had been when the fire got going.

Penelope Delights (Mark3000)

"Your father doesn't have a pair of tits like that," one of the other mercenaries chimes in with a laugh, to which Arden can only smirk. He doesn't seem especially bothered by your declared intent to explore. Your mention of a room, however, does seem to garner a familiar little glint from his eye. Something you know from experience leads to absolutely nothing good.

"This inn, monster that it is, doesn't have so many rooms that they can house all of us individually. We'll be bunking together, two to a room. As an officer, I reserve the right to my own chambers, but, well, after the stew incident, I figured it best to put some distance between you and some of the lads. You'll be sharing a room with me."
Ze Blitzkrieg

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay