Trunks's Q and A for the Area52/updates

Home of the Area 52 project.

Re: Trunks's Q and A for the Area52/updates

Postby Lord Panzi » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:09 pm

ok (this might actually inspire an idea for the team)
Why the fuck doesn't Krystal carry around a few dozen boxes of condoms!?
i could fuck her all night, not a regular night, one of those north pole six month nights
Lord Panzi

Postby ronpepper » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Trying to care about this idea.. and.. nope. Nothing. Let's just say there's a massive shortage of condoms in Sauria.
ronpepper

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:34 pm

In order for her to be carrying around the condoms that would imply she planned to crash and get used as a sex slave. However this isn't yawg's story.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Scapa » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:25 am

ronpepper Wrote:Let's just say there's a massive shortage of condoms in Sauria.

You'd expect her to be prepared for the worst case scenario, you never know what could happen in space.

Imagine, instead of a little fly bumping against your (car/spaceship) window, it's a full fledged tentacle monster with its eyes(?) set on survival of the species. :p

Or the other way around.

"Some odd monster caught your eye? Are you not sure of your safety during the act? Use our special substance instant deployment condoms*.

*Discounts available when bought in bulk"

Although I have a question;

Is there any (new) music being composed to use in the game or will the current music be used?
Scapa

Postby Mr. Bingo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:53 am

Hey, is this game just gonna be a download only type of game or a Download or just play it right on the spot. What I mean is well, is downloading the game the only way to play it. (sorry I know my Grammar sucks) :(
The Most Hated Among the Stupid
Mr. Bingo

Postby pendragon36 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:58 am

Sorry if this was already asked, but if this is an entirely separate project than the original LOK that you guys were working on, where will the versions that you guys release be? from the sounds of it I doubt that it'll be on the home page like the others are.
pendragon36

Postby dogman23 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 am

cool about the money. its quick easy and understandable... i like it!
when all else fails... fuck shit up!
dogman23
Newly Registered

Postby Ketsueki » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:47 pm

I was going to suggest something like a 0.2.9900 release (more lit, 0.3-alpha1). Since it would be an alpha release it /would/ be missing features, but would give a good idea of where things are and allow for massively parallel testing. It could even be a sub-portion of 0.2.

However it sounds like at this point most of the content is ready and just waiting on a foundation to skin with it. This suggests that release decisions for this version would be less of an incremental improvement model and more a marketing driven one.

Soft goal of 'the summer' is 3 months... I believe it, but then again I thought we'd be at this stage with the engine around the end of last summer. I underestimated how annoying Flash was based upon what other posts in this thread have said it lacks.
Ketsueki

Postby ronpepper » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:55 pm

The release version of .2.9900?? Are you serious?! No. Look, there's nothing sacred about version .3 -- that's why there is a point before it. If we polish it up, then that will be the next version. Whatever we call it, that's what it is. We're putting in the work, and that means, we're naming it whatever we decide to call it.

We are gearing to finish it within the next few weeks. I gave a pretty conservative estimate for if we have problems tying everything together at first.
ronpepper

Postby Kalypso » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:46 am

Why don't you guys just call it LoK Version 1 already? You know it's not finished, everyone else knows it's not finished, and you can keep updating as time goes on in making it v4, 5, 6, etc etc. Or you could call it LoK A52 v1.0, why do you really need to make it version 0.3? You're not using Ren's code. You're building shit from scratch. You don't even need to associate your LoK with it--because in the end, it's not LoK v0.3, it's your own damn creation. All it does is create controversy the more you argue over which one will be the official "v0.3". Don't make it so damn hard on yourselves. Pass it up. And put yourself on the pedestal. "LoK Version 1"--go from there. It sounds so much better than "zero-point-something" anyway. Stop getting tied up to the old and grasp the new and what you're physically making, instead of dwelling on that past in which nothing got done in.

Post 1111 ftw.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby haloman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:36 am

ronpepper Wrote:The release version of .2.9900?? Are you serious?! No. Look, there's nothing sacred about version .3 -- that's why there is a point before it. If we polish it up, then that will be the next version. Whatever we call it, that's what it is. We're putting in the work, and that means, we're naming it whatever we decide to call it.

We are gearing to finish it within the next few weeks. I gave a pretty conservative estimate for if we have problems tying everything together at first.

God damn... Your working from scratch, rens been working on this for about a year (For the next update) and also has all the models and everything... And you will be done in a few weeks. You guys officialy win :mrgreen:
Finishing the fight... one Confetti blast headshot at a time
haloman

Postby Anonymous » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:41 am

so he's bye himself?
Anonymous

Postby haloman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:01 am

paint-the-seconds Wrote:so he's bye himself?

More or less yes. :lol:
Finishing the fight... one Confetti blast headshot at a time
haloman

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:19 am

sorry i don't think we'll be done in a few weeks since i havn't heard shit about how far we are on codeing the game, just don't want to get anyone's hopes up, really I say take the 'i'll believe it when i see it' approach to when we'll be done, but having this done before summer would be nice, one thing i know for a fact is we got a lot of work on the backgrounds done, hopefully i'll be hearing good news about game coding in the near future.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Lord Panzi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:39 am

trunks2585 Wrote:sorry i don't think we'll be done in a few weeks since i havn't heard shit about how far we are on codeing the game, just don't want to get anyone's hopes up, really I say take the 'i'll believe it when i see it' approach to when we'll be done, but having this done before summer would be nice, one thing i know for a fact is we got a lot of work on the backgrounds done, hopefully i'll be hearing good news about game coding in the near future.

do you need a team hugger? im sure i could help out by hugging people XD

ok, smartass switch is OFF
by summer seems unrealistic for such an awesome game, or am i dreaming this and ill wake up and cry?
i could fuck her all night, not a regular night, one of those north pole six month nights
Lord Panzi

Postby prettypinkpwny » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:30 am

Glad to know there's some estimation to the release date, though. Having the game released before summer is actually earlier than what I expected, haha. Damn, good work on getting this project done quickly and thanks for doing this on behalf of the entire internets. Yes, the internets sent me. :P
prettypinkpwny

Postby NeerHeer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:46 am

No we didn't stop lying you lying liar.

also, I think the reason Renara is taking so long (partially) is because he's gotten very ambitious with the project, and may have gotten a little carried away...
Does bunny need to slap a bitch?!

Due to my utter inability to produce anything of merit via drawing, animating, or scripting, I have to hang around and bother you guys. Are we having fun yet?
NeerHeer

Postby Boomer » Tue May 17, 2011 12:15 am

ok 2 things, sorry if these were already asked and answered already, I missed them. How far are you guys right now. NOW as of The Month of May 2011? Are you guys going to be done anytime soon? because I've seen ron's backgrounds and I have to say man, astounding. They are great. But how about the rest of it? And Number 2, why don't you guys just give us what you have now, then just keep updating? Idk just a thought.

P.S. Keep working, like what you got so far.
Dude what the fuck are you doing here? I have no idea what so ever so leave me alone and let me return to my pathetic loserness.
Boomer

Postby trunks2585 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:42 am

As of right now we got the backgrounds, and what mal's done in his thread. So to answer your second question, aside from the script, we have given you everything we have.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Boomer » Tue May 17, 2011 11:26 pm

so as of now, just bits and pieces that can't really be called a game yet?? I mean what I see is good but, I mean come on, you guys have switched teams like 2-3 times, Ren's off doing his own thing being an asshole jacking off to YOUR work, do you need anything from us to help you?? Encouragement? Guys? Anything?
Dude what the fuck are you doing here? I have no idea what so ever so leave me alone and let me return to my pathetic loserness.
Boomer

PreviousNext

Return to Area 52