RP's Scenery

Postby ronpepper » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:03 am

Here's a preview of some of the scenes you might see in the next release:
montage1.jpg
montage1.jpg (115.66 KiB) Viewed 30719 times
ronpepper

Re: RP's Scenery

Postby MrBear » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:16 am

Very nice indeed. Cant wait to see what else you have in store for us :)
MrBear

Postby EVERO » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:46 am

my favorite one is the forest with the fog. you should add a rainbow in the sky or somewhere...
EVERO
Newly Registered

Postby ronpepper » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Oh, I like the rainbow idea, I think that would work perfect for the palm tree one. However, I'm not so sure we're going to use the palm trees.
ronpepper

Postby Oriandu » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:08 am

Yeah, not really feeling the palm trees one... or any of the first three. Last two look great, though.
Oriandu

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:10 am

I can relate to not caring for the palm trees, the sky scene looks pretty dull and not as nicely layered, or finished really. But what is it about the house you don't care for?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Oriandu » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:19 am

It looks to me like it's prepared for a nice spot of tea between a trio of snobby old women, it feels out of place. The only two images with a coherent style are the last two, the house looks like it belongs in an English suburb.
Oriandu

Postby ronpepper » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Oriandu Wrote:It looks to me like it's prepared for a nice spot of tea between a trio of snobby old women, it feels out of place. The only two images with a coherent style are the last two, the house looks like it belongs in an English suburb.

That's a fair critique. I appreciate an honest critique as well. I do need to go back to that drawing now that I've progressed with other buildings in that setting, so that I can make it match better, but that was always my intention. And it was something I actually pointed out as well, not putting stone into the walls kinda makes it look like drywall, which is out of place. It's supposed to be a stone house, not a modern American house. But I'll fix it.

As for the sky and clouds, the layering of another mostly translucent cloud in the foreground, and then putting fox's aircraft there, is something I guess you'd have to do in Flash, I don't know much about that (just started playing with Flash a couple of days ago). However, I don't expect what I do in Flash to be worth shit as far as the project is concerned so I'm focusing more on continuing to crank out backgrounds.
ronpepper

Postby EVERO » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:53 am

I don't understand the time period. The house looks modernish but sharpclaws had huts so is it her house or? i don't know anything about the story you guys are workin on! :lol:
EVERO
Newly Registered

Postby ronpepper » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Yeah the house is going to get a downgrade in appearance, it was one of my first pieces and I ditched the stones in the walls to see how it would look. I'll fix it today, but you know, this is just one of those days. I've got a couple of jungle scenes, the dark wood, scales' lair, all done, and a few other scenes complete, but maybe half of those we won't even use. It's a lot of work, and maybe today is just one of those days where I have all the time in the world but I seem to need a little more motivation.
ronpepper

Postby EVERO » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:25 pm

/tar rp
/cast motivation

but yknow whenevrrr :D
EVERO
Newly Registered

Postby ronpepper » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 am

EVERO Wrote:/tar rp
/cast motivation

but yknow whenevrrr :D

You must be ooming. I feel nothing.

Okay, it helped a little:) Actually last night I did a sketch and some designs for a building that needs to get done. I have a month to finish up the backgrounds and.. something tells me I'll pull it off, or come close enough that I can make up the difference shortly after.
ronpepper

Postby ronpepper » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 am

Welp, figured it was time to spruce things up now that I have some digital artwork related to the project, I could incorporate it into my profile pic and sigline.
Attachments
sigline2.jpg
sigline2.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 26157 times
ronpepper

Postby [TxM]Fox » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:22 am

im diggin the sunset thing, dunno why, just looks the best
You just lost the game
[TxM]Fox

Postby ronpepper » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:27 am

I passed my test so I can quit studying so much and put more towards getting the rest of these backgrounds done.
ronpepper

Postby Haldor » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:24 am

[TxM]Fox Wrote:im diggin the sunset thing, dunno why, just looks the best

Looks a bit like 'nam with fire in the distance :?
But I agree, lovely sunset :)
"We could just... run away?"
Haldor

Postby ronpepper » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:07 am

@Haldor: You may like the sunset, and it does have dramatic colors. But I do believe I have outdone myself in my latest background.

Also, I made a sketch for the hot springs, figure I'll give you all some idea what that is going to look like..
Attachments
hotsprings.jpg
ronpepper

Postby walkingTerror » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:25 am

Awesome backgrounds, especially the sunset and the hot springs.
walkingTerror

Postby prettypinkpwny » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:29 am

The jungle, sunset, and hot springs look really nice. Have you ever played Monster Hunter? A lot of the areas look really nice. The links sometimes have screenshots and videos of the areas, but unless you've actually played the game, you won't be able fully understand and appreciate the environment of each area.
prettypinkpwny

Postby Reaver » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:45 am

i like the springs looks relaxing and prettypinkpwny ur triangle is so hypnotizing
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Next

Return to Area 52