Testing My Animated Character (Futa Warning!)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Testing My Animated Character (Futa Warning!)

Postby vostray » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Hello Biles and anyone involved! I like the whole idea of a RoR game, but just a little curious question. What kind of enemies will the character encounter and when will the beta come out? I was just wondering that because I think this will be a great game once it is finished!
Not enough to fill the gap!
vostray
Newly Registered

Postby Biles » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Well, aside from the error plugin dialog box that got me worried for a brief moment, it's been a long time updating my progress. It was thanks to Blargh who helped me on the piece of coding for the jump that I was able to deduce and crack the mystery on the inner workings of coding a playable 2D platformer character. I've leveled up in learning more about programming this type of Flash code. Since then, I was able to program in all the other moves by seeing the big pictures like the operators in the Matrix movies who see codes as visual graphics of sorts o.o

So without further adieu, here's the big update. Sorry no hentai scenes just yet. I haven't reached that point in my project yet, but hopefully will.
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Vickabasics-v02.5.swf [ 173.14 KiB | Viewed 7365 times ]

Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby FruitSmoothie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:00 am

Didn't come in here before because of the futa warning, thanks for having the option for it be concealed, I wish more people did that. The little test game looks pretty nice, aside from the attack buttons needing to be held down to not get cut off mid animation. I'll read the rest of the thread now. Scratch that, rest of the thread is still too much, haha.

EDIT: Boob physics are pretty scary atm btw. I understand wanting some jiggle but it's off from even her bounce rhythm it seems and stretching awkwardly in my opinion.
Last edited by FruitSmoothie on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
FruitSmoothie

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:18 am

While I like the ability to cancel an attack and evade if necessary ... I do think it'd be better to just have the entire attack play out if you push the button once.

I do also still think her imp standing position is kinda strange, but if you say you took it straight out of a fighting game, I'll shrug and leave it at that.

Apart from those minor things, it continues to look pretty great.
Lucky777

Postby Biles » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 am

Actually, I wish I knew how to have her play out an attack move only once after the corresponding button is pressed, but I haven't figured that one out. Otherwise, I'm trying to avoid spam attacks. Notice that if you hold down either the kick or the punch, she doesn't repeat those attacks over and over again.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Blargh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:09 am

That's pretty cool! ^_^

I thought onKeyPress would work as a single button press, but after testing I found out it wasn't true. ;_; I'm out of ideas for that other than some blunt-force code that checks for Key.isDown and then waits for it to not be true. I don't really want to use it because its potentially needed to be copied/pasted many times, and if the code doesn't work out as planned it needs to be modified that many times each time.
Code: Select All Code
if (Key.isDown(40))
{
  itsdown = true;
}
else if (itsdown == true)
{
  itsdown = false;
  /* code goes here */
}
"Is that seriously the end of that story?"
Blargh

Postby Biles » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 am

Hmm, I'll have to try that.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Biles » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 pm

I tried that code, and it didn't do anything really, either that or I screwed up somewhere. Well, if it doesn't work out no biggie, I don't wanna get stuck on that particular issue far too long though. My next objective it so see how to get a ceiling barrier to work.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby suki888 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:00 am

Nice models :)
suki888

Postby shinox23 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:01 pm

*Runs through the door out of breath panting heavily*

I saw the word futa and I came running... ~ WHEEZE ~ Gah... So the waiting period begins anew for a beta... I SHALL WAIT FOR ALL ETERNITY IF I MUST!!!!
*Sees a ninja trying to cut him and dodges swiftly kicking him in the face* COME AT ME BRO!!!! @\_/@
shinox23

Postby Biles » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I'm still having problems with creating a ceiling but I haven't done much with my project as I had to run an extensive defragging on my primary HD. Anyways, I need to know if any of you guys know what these codes do, I know they involve with how the character reacts to grounds walls, but I need to know exactly the specific details cause otherwise I have no clue as to write the code which creates a ceiling barrier. Many of you have noticed that MiM has absolutely no ceiling barrier of anykind.

This is the first part of the main character codes:
onClipEvent (enterFrame)
{
   if (_root.movement)
   {
      setProperty("", _y, _y+grav);
      for (grav=grav+gravity; ground.hitTest(_x, _y, true); grav=0)
      {
         setProperty("", _y, _y-gravity);
      }
      if (ground.hitTest(_x, _y+5, true))
      {//if the character falls through the ground, increase the 5, decrease reduces hovering
         touchingGround = true;
      }
      else
      {
         touchingGround = false;
      }

And this is the last part of the code:
if (ground.hitTest(_x+_width/4, _y-_height/4, true))
      {
         setProperty("", _x, _x-speed);
      }
      if (ground.hitTest(_x-_width/4, _y-_height/4, true))
      {
         setProperty("", _x, _x+speed);
         _root.HUD._x = _x-145;//the 145 is arbitrary to place the HUD properly in the vCam
      }
      if (ground.hitTest(_x, _y-height, true))
      {
         grav = 3;
      }

Help is very much appreciated.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 am

If your ceiling is always going to be at the same level, you can just cheat the jumping code. Look for the part where it increases (decreases, actually) the _y value of your character, then just surround that snippet with if(_root.char._y > x); where x is whatever the y ceiling value is. That way when you go to jump, when you char hits that _y limit, the jumping code will stop elevating the sprite.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Biles » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:14 am

Okay, but do I put it in the existing clusters, or am I going to have to create a new set of clusters for the ceiling barrier? The ground and wall barrier codes still look Greek to me compared with the action moves I've been able to program. The latter set of codes I posted, am I to guess they are the actual collision codes when a character hits any of the objects? Cause I'm guessing there's 3 sets of codes, one is for when the character hits the barrier from the right, the other from the left, and when the character lands on the barrier, right?
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Biles » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 pm

I've been tinkering with how Vicka interacts with the barriers of her environment. After trials and errors, I've been able to come up with 3 sets of barriers, one is ground, a default that allows her to stand on objects but can jump up through it, the other is ceiling which makes Vicka hit the bottom of objects but she can jump down through it, and finally, the obstacle, objects that she cannot penetrate through at all. I've also copypasta the vCam scripts from the MiM game, but I can't seem to tell which set of codes will adjust the position of the vCam.
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Vickabasics-v02.6.swf [ 181.66 KiB | Viewed 6392 times ]

Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Cool, I like it. I guess you can have the "fall through but not jump through" blocks be some kind of ... I dunno. Trap-door trap, or something.

Bugs/observations:
Running up the slanted yellow rectangle results in her running INTO it and sticking in place, rather than moving quickly.

Not sure about her current voice clips, they may be annoying to me, or they may just be too loud. I'll adjust my sound settings and see if I like them better when I do that.

EDIT: The Kick (vocal) sound still bugs me a little, but the jumping (vocal) sound does not, when I lower my volume. Also, the punch (vocal) sound doesn't bother me.

There's some trouble jumping on top of blocks with her feral form. The balled-up jump seems not to correspond with her body's actual hitbox.
If you intend to make an actual game where the player is in danger, it cannot be overstressed that the gameplay mechanics need to work properly (in the FINAL product.)
As I see it, errors on the side of leniency are fine, but errors or design in the final product which can result in unfair harm to the player represent absolute failures.

Late-ass Edit for Clarity:
Also, excellence in basic gameplay design represents a firm foundation for an enjoyable, playable game, in the same way that failure in basic gameplay design dooms
a game to overall failure (in any case where that failure in design results in unfair frustration or annoyance to the player.)
Last edited by Lucky777 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Lucky777

Postby Biles » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:01 am

Bugs/observations:
Running up the slanted yellow rectangle results in her running INTO it and sticking in place, rather than moving quickly.

Yeah, I notice the slanting problem too. I don't know how to really fix tough. If the running was implemented in Peach in the MiM game, I'm pretty sure you'll probably get the same funky results too. The only solution I can think of is if I change the angle inclination to the point that when she runs, you probably won't experience that bug. Other than that, walking seems to work out fine for some reason.

Not sure about her current voice clips, they may be annoying to me, or they may just be too loud. I'll adjust my sound settings and see if I like them better when I do that.

EDIT: The Kick (vocal) sound still bugs me a little, but the jumping (vocal) sound does not, when I lower my volume. Also, the punch (vocal) sound doesn't bother me.

I think the the annoyance may have something to do with how often you can punch and kick so rapidly. If I recall, I think the other projects in this community don't have voice screams in their games. I still haven't found a way to have each kick and jump finish playing out their entire clip without being overridden by spamming the corresponding keys. I may eventually find better voices, but I tried to find some that were far different than ones used in other LoK projects, but more importantly, consistent too.

There's some trouble jumping on top of blocks with her feral form. The balled-up jump seems not to correspond with her body's actual hitbox.

Thanks for pointing that out. I know what the problem is. It's when she's in feral form that when she runs or jump, the height changes, thus it affects the scripts that relates to the hitbox. When she flips in the air, she's not tall enough to reach the top ledge of any platform as easily as she could when she's in imp form. So I'll have to find a way to fix that.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:06 am

Yeah, walking up the incline absolutely didn't cause me any problems.

As to the vocals, I think I just don't like her kick shout.
If it doesn't bother anyone else, though, then it's a purely personal thing, not worth spending even a minute worrying over.
I DID like the fact that I hadn't heard the vocals on the forums before, they were a breath of fresh air in that sense.

Good luck fixing the jump thing. Errors in betas are more than forgivable, they're to be expected. It's the ultimate finished product that either shines or fails.
Lucky777

Postby Blargh » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:09 am

Biles Wrote:
Bugs/observations:

Yeah, I notice the slanting problem too. I don't know how to really fix tough. If the running was implemented in Peach in the MiM game, I'm pretty sure you'll probably get the same funky results too. The only solution I can think of is if I change the angle inclination to the point that when she runs, you probably won't experience that bug. Other than that, walking seems to work out fine for some reason.

Thanks for pointing that out. I know what the problem is. It's when she's in feral form that when she runs or jump, the height changes, thus it affects the scripts that relates to the hitbox. When she flips in the air, she's not tall enough to reach the top ledge of any platform as easily as she could when she's in imp form. So I'll have to find a way to fix that.

There was a box inside 'char' called Peach Notice Area with the movie name 'CoinGrab' (in the layer under 'character'). If you change the hitTest references to '_root.char.CoinGrab' (or change the name to something related to your game) you should have consistent hits between forms regardless of Vicka's current animation. Of course, for punch and kick boxes, you'd have to change the hitboxes by frame similar to what 'character' uses for each pose. That might work out better for interacting with enemies, since the current method would allow her to damage an enemy rubbing up against her butt when her foot's going the other way. <_<
"Is that seriously the end of that story?"
Blargh

Postby ultimafox » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Yo! I'm sorta new to this site but I've been lurking around enough to know what to do....sort of e 3e
Anyway, you oughta make some enemy sex scene tests :3
Suggestions: Slime, Tentacle Monster, Female Soldier, Wolf, Boar, Ogre, or maybe even a Lizard Man/Woman.
Anyway thats just my opinion but lemme know what ya think :3
ultimafox
Newly Registered

Postby Biles » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:29 am

I haven't updated awhile because I was taking a brief break.

Current Update:

1. Added the static instruction as part of the HUD
  2. Also added the control buttons as well
  3. Added the ability to zoom in and out by clicking on Vicka
  4. Increased the chase cam so now it will go further in all compass directions
  5. Fixed the vCam so that it fits perfectly
  6. Fixed the feral jump (hopefully) so that it's able to reach the platform. If it doesn't, then likely the imp jump wouldn't have made it either.
  7. Fixed the tail whenever Vicka did a sucker punch in feral mode

Current Bugs:

1. Though I integrated the control buttons as part of the HUD, the button functions are rendered inoperable. Thus I put in another set of buttons until I fix this issue.

I know you want hentai scenes but I'd rather work in learning all of the mechanics of a 2D platformer as I can before I move on to the more goodies :3
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Vickabasics-v02.7.swf [ 185.06 KiB | Viewed 5603 times ]

Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner