New Samus Game Development

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

New Samus Game Development

Postby Snipper64 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Hey I am going to try to make a samus game using mario is missing as the game engine. there will "hopefully" be metroids, ridly, and etc, but we shall see as it goes on.

BTW I just joined yesterday and haven't explored the forums yet, so please forgive me if there is someone else making a samus game too. Here is a example of what I got so far, please walk AFTER toadsworth for the samus flower (will be a screw attack later).

P.S Someone will have to fix talking text problem, IDK how to do it

DAY ONE OF WORK: I am at college so it is going to be made in small burst.
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

537526_MiM.swf copy.swf [ 1.63 MiB | Viewed 104241 times ]

Snipper64

Re: New Samus Game Development

Postby Valithan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Cool start so far. You may want to use a samus model instead of the recolor of peach. Since you said you hadn't browsed the forums yet, here's a couple of links for some resources you might want to use:

SteelSaurs has a Zero-Suit Samus project here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=463
And a Fusion suit model here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=539
and a cool space pirate model here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=430&start=80

and then Gorepete2 did a cool samus flash with metroid sex here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=430&start=100
Valithan

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Well it's a start, so far what have you changed? I see the early fire flower and then the second fire flower makes peach into zero suit samus. I also noticed a hand full of walking glitches as well, she's keep moving in one direction even when i didn't touch anything, that needs to be fixed badly.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby toddymon » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 pm

hah. that zero suit looks really good on peach. but using mario is missing as a base doesnt really sound like the best thing to do. as valithan said there are several others you can choose from. and you can even ask ownerofsuccubi to help too.
toddymon

Postby Valithan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm talking about graphical model inserts toddy,not the engine. I think using MMiM for a base is fine.
Valithan

Postby Lurker » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:28 am

wow looks good so far keep up the good work.
Lurker

Postby Snipper64 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:20 am

Valithan Wrote:Cool start so far. You may want to use a samus model instead of the recolor of peach. Since you said you hadn't browsed the forums yet, here's a couple of links for some resources you might want to use:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=463
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=539

Hmmm... thanks for showing the sprite he made, I may use the suit, IDK about the face, I think I like my samus face better... I'll prob stick too it. I got Tons of outfits planned, and the level will be of course NOT MUSHROOM KINGDOM. I am finishing up a different flash for newgrounds, this is my 2nd project on the list.

also, thanks for the helpful reviews!
Snipper64

Postby Raiek » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Starting to see more of these MiM edits pop up. Here's one I found on swf.chan that has new looks for Peach. No idea if more are being made or where their source is. http://swfchan.com/18/87087/?mimchrgth.swf
Raiek

Postby Snipper64 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:31 am

Valithan Wrote:I'm talking about graphical model inserts toddy,not the engine. I think using MMiM for a base is fine.

Yeah I am using the same engine, it is the graphics I am changing, not just peach to samus, but the enemies and the level itself to replicate brinstar for example.
Snipper64

Postby Allsop2604 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Edit: Sorry, made a double post below.
Last edited by Allsop2604 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^.^
Allsop2604

Postby Allsop2604 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:00 pm

I've been looking all over for the MiM source files you're using. Mind sharing where you got them from? :D
^.^
Allsop2604

Postby SteelSaurus » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:15 am

Snipper64 Wrote:
Valithan Wrote:Cool start so far. You may want to use a samus model instead of the recolor of peach. Since you said you hadn't browsed the forums yet, here's a couple of links for some resources you might want to use:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=463
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=539

Hmmm... thanks for showing the sprite he made, I may use the suit, IDK about the face, I think I like my samus face better... I'll prob stick too it. I got Tons of outfits planned, and the level will be of course NOT MUSHROOM KINGDOM. I am finishing up a different flash for newgrounds, this is my 2nd project on the list.

Leave my inability to find Samus's correct face out of this. I like the bold brightness you have for Samus's Zero Suit, makes it look like it's smooth and shiny. But yeah, it seems like Samus is picking up alot of steam.
I'll get right on it! Eventually...
SteelSaurus

Postby 肉まんマン » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:22 am

Snipper64 Wrote:Hmmm... thanks for showing the sprite he made, I may use the suit, IDK about the face, I think I like my samus face better... I'll prob stick too it. I got Tons of outfits planned, and the level will be of course NOT MUSHROOM KINGDOM. I am finishing up a different flash for newgrounds, this is my 2nd project on the list.

Maybe you should`ve used playshapes` fixed version as a base. It`s the one where you can zoom out and a few bugs have been fixed.
Other than the hair being a bit bland, I love your Samus model, she looks much better than the others` and her face is really great. I think the lips make up most of the charm.

If you`re serious about this project you should make a web page about it so people can follow you more easily.
I`m looking forward to see what you can do.
肉まんマン

Postby toddymon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:51 pm

gosh. the guy just started and now you want a webpage? give him some time to set up first. at least let him put out an official v.1.
toddymon

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi. I am work with Samus mini game too viewtopic.php?f=7&t=552&start=60

So if it will be some problems we can think about it together ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby MarioMaker » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:50 am

Ok if somehow I get multiple of a similar post on here I'm sorry I keep getting an internal server error on posting.
I am a programmer who is very interested in working with MIM adding characters fixing the physics etc. The problem I have is I need the source fla. I have software to decompile the swf however that leaves me with bad art assets in which random colors or pieces are missing. As well as the number appearing on Peach. So if anyone has an FLA without these problems please point me to it so I can get started on it.
MarioMaker

Postby iamnuff » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:42 pm

main problem seems to be that its exactly the same as mario is missing (that i can see)

and that you cant progress after meeting the old shroom guy, no little arrows to continue
iamnuff

Postby Power » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:48 pm

iamnuff Wrote:main problem seems to be that its exactly the same as mario is missing (that i can see)

and that you cant progress after meeting the old shroom guy, no little arrows to continue

Press space to progress when they talk(bubbles).
Power

Postby muigordoz » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:54 am

Raiek Wrote:Starting to see more of these MiM edits pop up. Here's one I found on swf.chan that has new looks for Peach. No idea if more are being made or where their source is. http://swfchan.com/18/87087/?mimchrgth.swf

when i go to get the swf says 404 not found and plays some nice music for me...
muigordoz
Newly Registered

Postby Power » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:50 am

muigordoz Wrote:
Raiek Wrote:Starting to see more of these MiM edits pop up. Here's one I found on swf.chan that has new looks for Peach. No idea if more are being made or where their source is. http://swfchan.com/18/87087/?mimchrgth.swf

when i go to get the swf says 404 not found and plays some nice music for me...

Just wait a 30sec-1min and try again when you get that and it should work
and if it doesent work first time repeat couple times.
Power

Next

Return to Creative Corner