Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby FlashOfSonic » Mon May 28, 2012 4:05 am

Huh? Not being able to see something I want to see is a good thing?

I suppose if you don't want to see it, you could turn it off... that is, if there was an option to do so.
FlashOfSonic

Postby lickitung » Tue May 29, 2012 3:04 am

FlashOfSonic Wrote:Huh? Not being able to see something I want to see is a good thing?

I suppose if you don't want to see it, you could turn it off... that is, if there was an option to do so.

Dunno, but maybe Corta meant 'good' cause spooge is supposed to be see-through when splattered? But either way, there's 2 settings for white spooge on the cum color thing. The 2nd one is a more opaque white that shows better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

lickitung

Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Tue May 29, 2012 7:15 am

so, 'visitors' have once again pushed updates back a full day..
but, now I've got a copy of "the animator's survival kit" coming my way.
so, things might -probably not- get better lookin'.

anyways, I'm looking to have a little something to show off later tonight -- queue armageddon.

The Illusive Man Wrote:If you're looking for new characters and models, I have 3 that I've been working on using other models: Female Quarian (Mass Effect) Geth (Mass Effect) and a Generic Long Haired Redhead.

Humanity First

- T.I.M

I LOVE free stuff.
and chances are good that this'll lead to a space level.

4access69 Wrote:I was talking about the white light at the cave exit / dark hole at the cave entrance -- those are the places where CPU usage is high and where it lags.
To me it looks like there is blending happening when you pass through the cave exit / entrance (so that the character sort of fades out into the hole), and that seems to be killing the performance at that particular spot and nowhere else.

I like the bed, and I hope the power-up at that statue will be a dildo so we can masturbate faster :)

oh that fade..
I happen to like 'em.
but, I could swap those out for a low-res colour step.. unless it looks bad.

and woo!
chozo scene probably won't be done for a while.
I've got a dialogue system to make not look bad.

Valgo Wrote:Didn't you say you would remove the Pantie/Tangethings from the girls?
No complaining...i just think I read that somewhere.

yes, I did.
and I have.
you'll see the changes next time I upload stuff.

Valgo Wrote:
FlashOfSonic Wrote:I know it's always been just off screen, but the default color is still hard to see.
And that's good.

FlashOfSonic Wrote:Huh? Not being able to see something I want to see is a good thing?

ok, everybody gets to win.
I've added some new shades of white for mess, ranging from "leftover residue" to "messy zelda"
and you'll get to choose anything you want. except for the other colours..
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby ZakSmith » Tue May 29, 2012 8:24 am

So is there anything behind the rock in the upper area or is it just a waste of time? Keeps flinging me down to the bottom of the cliff.
ZakSmith
Newly Registered

Postby Valgo » Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 pm

corta Wrote:
Valgo Wrote:Didn't you say you would remove the Pantie/Tangethings from the girls?
No complaining...i just think I read that somewhere.

yes, I did.
and I have.
you'll see the changes next time I upload stuff.

Oh, thought there was already an update since that time.
Anyway: Thats cool. Sanx.

@Zaksmith:
Erm...yes.
The whole piratbase/shipthing + a bossfight.
Looks like you've just seen 50% of the game so far.
Valgo

Postby zeldafreak1 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Speaking of that rock....nice trolling corta! but to a seasoned gamer such as i, (zelda, and starcraft train you to improve your reaction times. zelda with the timed puzzles and starcraft basically everywhere) it wasn't that hard. but i'm enjoying the game thus far! And nice job implementing samus's rival. (dont want to spoil too much :P) keep the updates cumming!
zeldafreak1

Postby 4access69 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:45 pm

corta Wrote:anyways, I'm looking to have a little something to show off later tonight -- queue armageddon.

Yay, no sleeping tonight...

corta Wrote:oh that fade..
I happen to like 'em.

I like them too, but they kill performance, stupid Flash still doing blending on a CPU and on a single core only.

I know nothing about Flash but people who work with flash advise to use tint fades over alpha fades whenever possible.

Looking forward to your updates, cheers!
4access69

Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 am

corta Wrote:I'm looking to have a little something to show off later tonight -- queue armageddon.

I asked for it, didn't I?

the .fla for the template hit the upload limit..
and I was about an hour or two from having a nice update to show off aswell.

had a chat to Ren, let's see if it's fixed..

ZakSmith Wrote:
Valgo Wrote:Erm...yes.
The whole piratbase/shipthing + a bossfight.
Looks like you've just seen 50% of the game so far.
So is there anything behind the rock in the upper area or is it just a waste of time? Keeps flinging me down to the bottom of the cliff.

ain't that true.
wonder if that's where all these "what's the fuss about this game?" comments come from..

zeldafreak1 Wrote:keep the updates cumming!

alright, but only because you asked nicely.
corta

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Wed May 30, 2012 7:12 am

corta Wrote:
corta Wrote:I'm looking to have a little something to show off later tonight -- queue armageddon.

I asked for it, didn't I?

the .fla for the template hit the upload limit..
and I was about an hour or two from having a nice update to show off aswell.

had a chat to Ren, let's see if it's fixed..

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
whatdontlookaatme

Character Template

Postby corta » Wed May 30, 2012 7:19 am

CORTA'S CHARACTER TEMPLATE

~ still not sure if this should get it's own thread ~

Version:September 10th.

Latest: more characters, face stuff, even more layers and other fun stuff!
Notes: a few backs are still unfinished, and I aint done with the warcrafties yet.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Corta's Character Template.swf [ 6.48 MiB | Viewed 14318 times ]

DOWNLOADS:
Full Template (September 10, 2014)
Template Lite (works with everything)

everything here is open source,
I WANT PEOPLE TO USE IT.

but, that doesnt mean that I'm going to upload the new massive .fla files if nobody is going to use them
so, new rule: it takes just one person who's using this resource to ask for an update, and it'll happen.

I'm uploading a 'lite' version of the template that I use for animating with.
(it's got less stuff in there, so you can make a keyframe without waiting an hour)
if you just want to play around, anything you make with the lite template can easily be upgraded to the full version with all the bells and whistles at any time.

[Upgrading from the lite template]
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

If you keep the my file structure intact, updating your game, animation or what-have-you is as easy as dragging the main character layers into your .fla.
but, feel free to chop everything up if you really want to.

Without code, you'll get a naked character to animate with, copy the code from the buttons to make your own character!

Make games, animations, whatever. Just give some credit to all the people who've made this possible.
(and, I hope you won't try to sell anything with this many copyrighted characters in it..)

Artists: If you want to submit a new costume, draw it over slot 1(samus), the blank slot at the end or right onto the lite template and send it my way :D
(using an end slot, you'll have to play the file and click the buttons to see more than one layer at a time)

Enjoy yourselves!
Last edited by corta on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 17 times in total.
corta

Postby montesat » Wed May 30, 2012 8:47 am

Oh, I got it! Can you add a boob size changer?
montesat

Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Wed May 30, 2012 1:23 pm

GAME UPDATE.

##Update: May 30th.
--Added: smoothed out the pirate base a bit more, new entrance, no exit and scenes and a half.
--Changes: loads of stuff -- and nobody reads these.

--Notes: those who've asked for mess colours, you get to say 'thank you'. also, dialogue system on hold till later.

once again, IF YOU CAN'T SQUINT HARD ENOUGH TO SEE ANYTHING, DOWNLOAD THE GAME AND PLAY IT.

so, new half-levels that you'll be able to find, one and a half mini scenes and some more elevators.

also, some new replacement animations all around the place -- most of which are under progress.

next update will be a code and animation cleanup.
some of ridley's animations are gonna be re-worked,
plans for a new attack for pirates, areal attacks for the player and maybe some platforming tweaks.

also, expect a new artist's credit section.
I don't think I've treated all the people who make this possible anywhere near as well as I ought to.

it's the least that I should do. :D

montesat Wrote:Oh, I got it! Can you add a boob size changer?

maybe.
corta

Postby cookie jar » Wed May 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Here we go again, fly in the ointment time. ;)

It seems to take somewhat 5 or six tries do actually jump inside the spaceship. Most of the times you simply get teleportet back on top. (In which case the hole in the ship disappears. at least in the pucture. You can still simply fall through the intact seeming hull.)
Correction: Apparently you have to jump as far to the left outside of the spaceship and once you land you have to keep running left. Otherwise it will simply teleport you back up. The Zone transition here appears to be a little bit too far to the left.

In addition, the camera does'nt scroll properly to the left in the first room up the first elevator. You get stuck somewhere in the middle. If you turn back after leaving the screen to the left the picture jumps a little to the left, but not far enough to see the entire room. The stopping point seems to be the column that carries the second platform. (Or first platform if you do not count the one on the slope on the right side of the room.)

Also one time when i walked up to the tube with the boulders in without pressing the button an then turned around and walked back, the character simply disappeared. Though so far i have not been able to replicate this one.

Oh and there is no firing animation for Elektra, but i assume that's simply not in the game yet. :)

And is it just me or does the entire game feel more prone to lags now?

Sorry if this post sounds horribly negative. :?

On the plus side i really like the bedroom with the posters. :)
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby Destrocto » Wed May 30, 2012 5:47 pm

um ok now every game on here is now switched to a small box for me Anyone able to explain to me why or is it the actual website that did this?
Destrocto

Postby 4access69 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 pm

@Corta:

Bug report:

- In the area which cookie jar mentioned where the camera doesn't follow you if you use the elevator to go up at the next door on the right you will be able to go through the closed door even though you didn't activate wall switch in the first room.
- When you go to the top and into the next area you can get stuck between two pirates:

bug1.png

Minor issue:
- No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get any cum on the tits :D

issue1.png
issue1.png (61.22 KiB) Viewed 50552 times

Request:
- Please map ASDW also to cursor keys if possible.

That would be it for now, cheers and thanks for all the hard work!
4access69

Postby 4access69 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Found another bug:

- In the bedroom you can get stuck too:

bug2.png
bug2.png (48.62 KiB) Viewed 50550 times

In the boss fight you can still get pushed half-way out of the screen.

I like that you can ride the boss when his health is half-way down :) Moar of that!

When you defeat boss, he falls on his back and his dick is sticking up... so tempting but pressing keys next to it does nothing ;(
4access69

Postby FlashOfSonic » Wed May 30, 2012 8:52 pm

The right-click settings seem to be gone. Which is bad if the game runs slowly on high quality like it does for me.
FlashOfSonic

Postby Residentlover2 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:40 am

why the file is so small? i cant see it and i cant play it on my browser because it see too laggy
English is not my main language :P
Residentlover2

Postby Lucky777 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:48 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2349

Thaedael Wrote:Currently it is known that the flash attachments are ridiculously small.

Renara Wrote:Sorry the inconvenience! As I say, the easiest solution is probably to right-click on an attachment's file name and choose to open in a new window or tab or download the file, for some browsers the file may be downloaded either way. Once downloaded you should be able to open the file with your browser by opening it from the File menu or dragging the file onto the address bar.

Basically, download it and open it with your browser, or open it in a new window with your browser, and you'll be good to go.
Lucky777

Postby Residentlover2 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:18 am

Thanks man
English is not my main language :P
Residentlover2

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects