Ether Works' Altera (OOC)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Ether Works' Altera (OOC)

Postby Oroboros1337 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:13 am

We've got a fair number of characters submitted now, and everyone's sheets are looking pretty good.

Joeyjoey61297, you've chosen to give your character a +3 item for equipment. The most you are allowed to assign to a single piece of equipment is a +2. Interesting to see that you seem to have your player deciding to stay in town rather than adventure, you are certainly welcome to do so.

One thing I am noticing consistently missing is gear. Everyone's done really well at picking out their Equipment (the items that give the pluses) but few of you have any Gear (items that don't have pluses). You are under no obligation to take these Gear items, but I wanted to make sure you all know you are allowed to have them if you didn't know. DaughterofHades14 was asking for suggestions on what she should give her character for Gear, so I thought I'd share my list of example items here too. You could always take a rope. Every adventurer finds use for rope at some point or another. Maybe a waterproof cloak. Something like a bottle or a waterskin could be useful, not just to give her something to drink but also she could use it to perhaps carry water to put out fires, or if she were to find a magical spring she could take some of the water with her. A lockpick might let her try to pick locks she comes across. Torches or lanterns could help light up dark places for her. A set of fancy clothes for formal occasions, or something sexy to wear for when she wants to attract some attention. Chalk or yarn so she could mark her way through a maze. A bar of soap to clean herself while in the wild. A mirror, she could use it to see around corners and also to check her own appearance. A journal to write things down on.
Oroboros1337

Postby Sortaix » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:59 pm

I would like to join this, if it is still open.
By the time you realize this doesn't say anything. It's too late to stop reading.
Sortaix

Postby SugarCookie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:35 pm

napsii Wrote:It actually reminded me more of Sword Art Online or .hack. Then again, the "virtual reality gone wrong" subgenre isn't exactly new, is it?

Homestuck isn't really virtual reality, more or less reality virtual if that makes any sense. Basically reality was destroyed and they went to their own reality that ended up actually creating the original reality, but another reality created that reality because reality created the reality that created the reality that created reality which blew up reality. Yeah, it's kind of confusing.

Also, I edited my character sheet.
"In the modern world, "common sense" is an oxymoron"
SugarCookie

Postby Oroboros1337 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Sortaix, I was really hoping you'd apply, please do.

With the number of applicants we have at this point, I think I'm going to throw up the IC thread on Sunday night. I'd do it sooner, but I suspect the first post is going to take a bit to compose and I'm somewhat busy until then.
Oroboros1337

Postby Angel_Slayer_Alcatraz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 am

Name: Lucy, Handle: LuminousHarbringer
Concept : Magician of Light Upbringing
Appearance :
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

lol___lux_by_beanbean1988-d4v2x2f.jpg

Might : D4
Cunning : D8
Charm : D6

Equipment : Luminous Staff- Her staff allows for powerful channeling of light energy +2 Might
Guardian of Light- Her Bodysuit and armor, looks very provocative +1 charm
Hair band
Mini-skirt- worn over body suit

Player Settings

Sexiness :

Oh No... - enemies might overpower or blackmail your character into sex.
Last edited by Angel_Slayer_Alcatraz on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sae the mindin´ in yer heid
Unrowes afore yer een
Frae hours o´ sweet yestreen
Aye the ember deid in monie a heid
Fare ye well I´m pertin away
I say farewell tae the warld
Mind me weel
I say farewell tae the warld

(Old Irish folk Song)
Angel_Slayer_Alcatraz

Postby Sortaix » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:15 am

Name : Salora Tierra
Concept : Elven Hunter
Appearance :

Might : D4
Charm : D6

Level 1: 2/10 exp.

Money: 1 gold, 2 Silver, and 5 copper

Equipment :
Leather Armor: It covers the bare essentials offering a little protection, while allowing her to move freely, but also leaves little to the imagination. It gives a +1 to helping her move with agility, and a +1 to her sexiness.
Elven Bow: Her bow is of high elven quality, and allows her to shoot farther and more accurate than a normal human bow. Giving her a +1 to combat.
Elven Dagger: Just in case she needs to cut something.

Sexiness :
3) Not Again! - pretty much anything goes, including having them dragged back home by the monster horde and made into their sex toy.
Last edited by Sortaix on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By the time you realize this doesn't say anything. It's too late to stop reading.
Sortaix

Postby Oroboros1337 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:21 am

Welcome aboard, Angel Slayer Alcatraz. I have to agree, modest as it is, Lux, and by extension LuminousHarbringer, does indeed have a rather provocative set of blue tights. League of Legends does indeed have quite the lovely set of ladies and yours is more then welcome here.

Both our elven huntress and magician of light seem to be in order. LuminousHarbringer can have one more +1 worth of equipment if you want, but it isn't mandatory.
Oroboros1337

Postby Noosie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Name : Riley James, Raji Meles
Concept : Dark Knight. According to the "fluff", Dark Knights are an ominous presence on the battlefield, and a sign of certain doom for their opponents. Unfortunately, this translates into most Dark Knights encountered in-game being an endless succession of male brooding anti-heroes, and all other Dark Knights being judged on the same basis. Their mild social stigmata aside, the Dark Knight is a fairly typical fighter that makes extensive use of black magic, weakening enemies and draining their strength for the Knight's own use.
Appearance :

Might : d8
Cunning : d6
Charm : d4

Equipment :

Blackened Armor: The standard-issue intimidating armor that no self respecting Dark Knight could do without. With thick steel plates and various enchantments of protection layered onto it, this almost impractically spiky armor tends to keep potential threats of any kind a safe distance from the knight. This plate-mail suit looks like it's been left in a fire, large splotches of soot staining the otherwise perfectly maintained set. Provides a +2 to defense rolls that do not require agility, including defense against magic. The wearer takes a -1 penalty to checks involving agility.

Big Ol' Sword: The other staple of the Dark Knight's equipment set, this two-handed broadsword serves as the knight's primary means of attack. In addition to being a large, sharp, and pointy bit of metal it can also be used to channel the knight's spells. While this limits the knight to only casting at one target, it also allows them to use magic while already engaged in a sword-fight. +1 to melee combat using the sword, and +1 to spellcasting channeled through it.

Additional misc gear:
Armor maintenance kit (Minor repair and cleaning)
Shackles with chains/key
Worn and battered logbook (Writing implement included)
Rendle area map (Drawn by Kayleesa, located at back of logbook)

Player Settings

Sexiness :
2) Oh No... - enemies might overpower or blackmail your character into sex.

Monies!

Gold: 0
Silver: 2
Copper: 4
Last edited by Noosie on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Noosie

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 am

I'll join this as soon as i think i have time to get off my lazy ass.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Oroboros1337 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:59 am

Noosie, I'm happy to let your shackles and key fly as one item. Everything looks fine to me with your character sheet.

BlueLight, I look forward to seeing what you come up with when you get the chance.

Oh, and in case someone reads this thread but doesn't notice it out there, the IC thread is now up!
Oroboros1337

Re: Ether Works' Altera (IC)

Postby rocketdrive » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 am

OOC: so would a character sheet just describe our character or are you using a specific system? What type of characters are we limited to?
rocketdrive
Newly Registered

Postby napsii » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:21 am

Rocketdrive, I've moved your post from the IC thread to this OOC thread. The OOC thread is where you pose your questions and post your bio. It also contains information about the thread. Refer to it if you have any questions, rather than post on the IC thread, which is for in-character interaction only.
napsii

Postby Oroboros1337 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:22 am

I'm using a homebrewed rules system for this game, something with a nice fast resolution to make it useful for Forum rp. It's detailed in the "Game Mechanics" spoiler tag in the original post. Restrictions on characters are basically don't make anything too crazy, like the human centipede or that kind of thing and we're all good.
Oroboros1337

Postby Icaelus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Mod Naps strikes again! Or actually the first time..I dunno..

Anyways! I shall soon post when I'm in a better state.
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm just slowly going to build up a character sheet. This isn't a finished product but if you see a problem, don't worry about telling me.

The concept is eh! I think it needs work. I kinda like the idea i have for mercanary but i think they are over powered in away and in other ways i think i'm over compensating.

Blue Wrote:
Name : Sanji the unlikely
Concept : A mercenary for hire; some locations and events are locked without a mercenary in your party. They're rare class since they must have a second party member before they can explore the world around them beyond the road from town to town. They tend to group with the mercantile party members since they can lead merchants to lucrative locations. They must pay a fine each time they join/start a group so they normally ask a fee.
Appearance :

http://i50.tinypic.com/154w01w.jpg

Might :
Cunning :
Charm :

Equipment : (What the items are and what bonuses they give)

Player Settings
Sexiness : 2)
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby rocketdrive » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:59 am

napsii Wrote:Rocketdrive, I've moved your post from the IC thread to this OOC thread. The OOC thread is where you pose your questions and post your bio. It also contains information about the thread. Refer to it if you have any questions, rather than post on the IC thread, which is for in-character interaction only.

sorry for posting in the IC

I'm new to this forum so I didnt know where to find the OOC
rocketdrive
Newly Registered

Postby rocketdrive » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 am

Name : William Nigma/ STa1Ker
Concept : Anti-Mage/Assassin
Appearance : 6Ft tall with a very robust build. William is a man more cunning than his blade is sharp, using positioning and an intelligent wit to out maneuver the opposition. A very tactical thinker, William is not someone you want doing long term planning beyond a single goal.

((ignore the odd looking and out of place circle thing in the top left))
Might : D6
Charm : D4

Equipment

Rope: boring plain old rope. extends 20 feet :D

Blade of refined steel: +2 damage to melee attacks

Boots of swiftness: +1 to all mobility tasks such as moving, running, jumping, or sneaking except for actions that are direct combat related such as striking swiftly or disarming an opponent

sexiness: (might as well go bawls to the wawls)

3)Not Again! - pretty much anything goes, including having them dragged back home by the monster horde and made into their sex toy.
Last edited by rocketdrive on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rocketdrive
Newly Registered

Postby Oroboros1337 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Looks like this character sheet is in order. I think I'd rather re-flavour your Assassin's Gear into something like an Assassin's Outfit. Assassin's Gear could include pretty much anything, and I don't want arguments later about how an assassin's gear would TOTALLY include rope and poison, ect. It's fine that it is silent, so long as you understand that the won't be actually adding to his stealth checks just because the outfit is silent, it would be more of a 'flavour' thing. The Boots of Swiftness will be still giving him his +1 on stealth checks as that is part of his bonus giving Equipment.
Oroboros1337

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Hey Oro...I think you might've missed me in that post. Or are you leaving Greg's events up to Jo for now?
Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby Oroboros1337 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Sorry if I made you feel left out, I didn't miss you. Your actions seemed to be divided between reading the posters that I'd already posted for the elven huntress and talking with Jo, so I figured I'd wait until you decided which of those you were actually going to do. For the posters, you have the info yourself and could already even do your reaction to them. As to Jo, I won't put words in her mouth. :)
Oroboros1337

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character